Video: Crowd applauds as GOP rep Mike Kelly lays into former IRS chief at hearing

posted at 4:01 pm on May 17, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Greg Hengler, the word from the Republican intelligentsia is to go ight-lay on the andstanding-gray to make it harder for the White House to hide behind the “partisan politicization” fig leaf, but there’s nothing especially partisan about this rant. Kelly’s hot not so much because right-wing groups were targeted but because the IRS is pleading incompetence and mismanagement as a defense when that would never fly for a taxpayer. It’s pure populism, which is the way to go if you’re going to go this route. And Miller actually helped him out: He seemed more irritated during the hearing than contrite, so any (small) risk of viewers tuning in and feeling sympathy for a former taxman-in-chief being pummeled by the opposition party is probably up in smoke.

Exit question: Were viewers tuned in? Hmmmm.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Tar. Feather.

MTF on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

The presidents second term is over. We will now wander in a wilderness of scandal and investigation for the next 3 1/2 years.

trigon on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

trigon on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Nah, only for the next 1 1/2 years. Then when the GOP retains the House and likely retakes the Senate, it’ll render Obama completely superfluous and the 2016 campaign will begin. I wish the Democrat Presidential hopefuls a lot of luck distancing themselves from this mess.

Doughboy on May 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

trigon on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

And the terrorists have already exploited our weak, lazy dictator and his administration stooges with Benghazi and Boston and Egypt and Syria and Iraq and Pakistan and Afghanistan and Juarez and

viking01 on May 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Sure, this feels great. Let’s get going on some legislation to keep it from happening again. Like tax reform.

Mohonri on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Let’s not forget to continue to oppose amnesty. It’s currently advancing under the radar.

Charlemagne on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Populist or not he’s damn right, the IRS can ruin people and there isn’t anyone in the U.S. who could say “Uhhhh….I don’t know” to an IRS audit question and get away with it.

We shouldn’t have to be afraid of these thugs, they should be very afraid of us.

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Excellent dressing down by Rep Mike Kelly.

Applause to you sir.

portlandon on May 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I am happy to know Mike Kelly is very close to where I live in PA. I wish three were more of him. He was pretty smooth.

congma on May 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I’ll bet GOP members of Congress who are not on Ways and Means wish they were on Ways and Means. These hearings provide unbelievable sound bites to toss in ads for 2014.

BuckeyeSam on May 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Kelly was excellent…There quite a few Excellent congress members at the committee hearing today.

workingclass artist on May 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

This guy is a hard Nosed Coal Cracker from Butler, PA.

Yeah, he’s got a Set.

ToddPA on May 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

yea so what….what are you going to do about it?

JimBob on May 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Kelly, you magnificent b@stard.

wyntre9 on May 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

trigon on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Don’t lose focus. The RINO-crony capitalist wing of the GOP would still like to use the cover of all this scandal to join with the Democrats and ram through that amnesty monstrosity.

TarheelBen on May 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I like this guy..

The myth of liberals speaking “truth” to power is exactly that, when they own the bureaucracy, down to the janitors.. and look with raging hostility on anyone who questions the need for an ever more expensive government.

Kelly is the voice of every rank and file democrat, every conservative, Libertarian..

all speaking out in a deeply felt..

WHY?

This scandal will be the one which cripples Obama, and derails his agenda, from people (gun) control, to an ever growing nanny state..

He’s done.. his power broken, even the media is turning on him now..

mark81150 on May 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

What do you mean? It worked for Turbo Tax Timmy and Charlie Rangel. I wonder what those guys have in common…

Dead Hand Control on May 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

The people in the 3rd District of PA are well served.

Bravo, sir.

EA_MAN on May 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Republican intelligentsia

Bawwwhhhahahhhaaahhhaa…I’d rather rely on patriots and conservatives !!

burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

NYT “confirms that the Administration was aware of the fact that Obama’s political enemies were under fire by the IRS and covered that fact up during an election year.”

Via Breitbart

wyntre9 on May 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

go ight-lay on the andstanding-gray

Bqhatevwr

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Can’t wait for the TV ads to tell us of a nicer, more user friendly IRS.Which former football coach will be the star?

docflash on May 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Butler, PA. Woohoo!

forest on May 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

That was an ol’ fashion azz chewing that should be required viewing for every IRS government employee.

antipc on May 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Miller looks haggard and bedraggled, like the weight of the world is is on his shoulders.

I once saw a movie about Abbott and Costello. It was billed as a ‘biography’, but it was surely highly fictionalized.

Near the end, the IRS came after them for back taxes. I don’t know if it’s true, by the IRS took everything, including the engagement Lou Costello gave his wife. Yet, those men donated their time to the war effort, putting on shows for the troops and all they did. But that didn’t seem to count.

again, that might be total fiction; I don’t know the actual history there. But the movie did highlight the monstrous power wielded by the IRS.

This needs to be changed.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Bqhatevwr

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

word right out of my mouth!

can_con on May 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

A Brand Spanking New AssWhole!!

james hooker on May 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Welcome!

VegasRick on May 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I can’t wait until he is able to begin his comments with the words: Mr. President.

meci on May 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM

A Brand Spanking New AssWhole!!

james hooker on May 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM

kelly on cavuto right now

kastor on May 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Eric Holder is MIGHTY fond of that phrase.

Again, I don’t know if these people really are that unaware of what’s going on in the organizations they are supposed to be in charge of or are they just lying their a##es off to protect the FORWARD! agenda…

I’m inclined to the latter.

BigWyo on May 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Welfare offices close early on Friday.

sentinelrules on May 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Exit question: Were viewers tuned in? Hmmmm.

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Cavuto just interviewed him on Fox. He’s awesome.

I’ve got a feevah, and the only cure is more Mike Kelly at IRS hearings.

BuckeyeSam on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I listened to the entire hearing, because I could.
Have been passing links to it all over my social media for those who could not. Many have responded with chills.

pambi on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

He’s right about being terrified when you get a letter from the IRS. I got one last year and just about had a heart attack.

And it didn’t get much better after I’d read it two or three times. It had very strong legal language in it as well, and I called them first thing the next morning, like a good little peon.

Turned out not to be a big deal. The person who watches my kids during the day screwed up her return and either put her SSN on it wrong, or it was unreadable or something. And apparently this was a big deal for me.

I don’t know. I guess they were checking up on illegal aliens or something and thought they’d caught one.

Still, scared the bejeezus out of me, and I got the fear all over again when he said that and I remembered the incident.

Chris of Rights on May 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??

burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Wanna bet that speech isn’t going to be on the evening news for ABC, CBS, NBC or PBS?

jpmn on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Libs? Work? Pookie and the rest of the 47% got off the couch?

kingsjester on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

trigon on May 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Doughboy on May 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

..your guyses keyboards to God’s LCD display.

The War Planner on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Can’t confirm it, but that was what I was told about them, Abbot and Costello died pretty poor.. sad figures.. the Clowns who raised the spirits of men who would be splattered on the beaches of Normandy, Patten’s 3rd Army.. they never demanded anything..

would it have ruined civilization to have let them retire in peace?

This whole nasty affair puts in question every IRS prosecution we ever heard of.. Wesly Snipes, Willy Nelson.. not political there.. but..

were they just cases?

or the result of p*ssing off the wrong public official?

i gotta run soon, family obligation. I just have to say,. in my 53 years, I have never been rocked down to my socks by an act of the government like this.. Incompetence would be an easy thing to accept..

Malevolent targeted persecutions?

For political reasons.. to shut up and harass the smaller government party? We have always wondered why our sharpest tools against big government were so easily co-opted, changed into establishment types who just went along..

Were the fingers of an out of control IRS there too?

We may never know, but everything is in question now.. When a massive government agency sets out to destroy citizens for their political opinions, there is no more certainty of what we always thought was true..

I could accept them being merely stupid..

but stone cold fascists?

In America?… and a radical leftist president kicking them into third gear with the media asleep.. until now apparently..

This is HUGE..

after the next few weeks, America will never be the same again.. we have to win this one, or America as a land of freedom of opinion is dead..

mark81150 on May 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

My bet is it will make the highlight reel for the day for a few reasons:

1 – No one likes the IRS

2 – People have low expectations of Congress

3 – A good dressing down is hard to find

So people will probably get to see it if they go by the MFM… of course most go online for their news these days, and more will see it via distributed venues than even WATCH the MFM.

ajacksonian on May 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Libs? Work? Pookie and the rest of the 47% got off the couch?

kingsjester on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

She meant the movie, the libs were sitting on the couch watching a Dolly Parton film.

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Wait… 46% of American is either not following this story closely or not paying attention to it at all?

Mitt Romney was pretty much dead on with that “47%” comment, eh? Shocker.

Common Sense Floridian on May 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Posted at 4:19 Eastern Standard Time.

Nicely done.

rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

You are essentially accurate:

Split up
Abbott and Costello split up in July 1957, after troubles with the Internal Revenue Service forced both men to sell off their large homes and the rights to some of their films. Costello then pursued a solo stand up career, including stints in Las Vegas, and sought out film projects for himself. He appeared several times on Steve Allen’s television show, but most often in variations of his old routines, with Louis Nye or Tom Poston taking on the straight man role.

The War Planner on May 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I just hope his taxes are up to date.

Blaise on May 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

This needs to be changed.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM

The IRS needs to be ground underfoot and eradicated, forever.

What we need, NOW, RIGHT F-ING NOW, is a serious push from Cruz and others perhaps, to unwind the IRS, fire *everyone*, implement a simple flat tax that can be filed on a freaking post-card, and takes a department of about 100 people to manage.

Midas on May 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Nah. Majority of us have our heads up our azzeswere at this thing called 9-5

FTFY.

VegasRick on May 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I watched it again. That was impressive. Some GOPers are rising to the challenge.

BoxHead1 on May 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??

burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Nobody else wanted a HJ at the old folks home.

arnold ziffel on May 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Excellent work, Congressman Kelly!

Ok, folks, let’s get to work posting this on FaceBook (it’s already up on my page), emailing it, etc.

If it goes viral, the SCOAMF gets a virtual kick in the sack.

How’s that for motivation?

PolAgnostic on May 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

you’re whistling past the graveyard..

mark81150 on May 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Nah, HAL would have to take his tongue out of Obama’s azz to be able to whistle.

Midas on May 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I almost… ALMOST… could have felt sympathy for this guy. An interim commissioner, who only assumed that post in November, and who is obviously one of the fall guys for Obama.

Almost.

Until I saw this video.

Even in the brief bit that the clip shows, his utter contempt for even having to answer the questions is obvious. And he clearly has no concern what-so-ever that the matter ever occurred. And he is quite obviously irritated that he even has to sit and listen to a Congressman.

Shump on May 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM

FFS, HA/Townhall – do you have 7 year olds manning the IT department over there?

Midas on May 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

even hardcore liberals are turning on Obama over this.. Bill Flippin Press of all people, condemned the AP scandal in no uncertain terms.. USA Today, banner headlines, IRS GIVES LIBERALS A PASS,..

you’re whistling past the graveyard..

mark81150 on May 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Damn straight.

SparkPlug on May 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

When people fear the government, you have tyranny.

When the government fears the people, you have liberty.

You want liberty? Eliminate the IRS. Tax reform.

The Rogue Tomato on May 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

OT…But related

“Larry Conners, the KMOV anchor who asked Barack Obama some tough questions about his family’s vacation habits and claimed earlier this week that he might have been harassed by the IRS as a result, has been taken off the air.

According to the St. Louis Dispatch, the station decided to give Conners a “few days off” while they looked into his allegations. KMOV news director Sean McLaughlin went out of his way to say that Conners was not suspended.

“We take this very seriously, and we don’t expect this to drag on. We’re still looking into the situation and weighing our options,” he told the St. Louis Dispatch.

workingclass artist on May 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I love this man.

CurtZHP on May 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Da*n straight. When the people fear the government they are subjects. When the government fears the people they are citizens. We need to recover and resecure our place as citizens.

I said the same thing Rep Kelly said back when they first started talking about how much money in the IRS’ budget they couldn’t account for. They just “lost” millions and tens of millions of dollars. And the very first words out of my mouth were “If I said that on my tax return, I would go to jail for a very long time.” My next words were “And no one in the IRS will go to jail or even lose their job over this.”

It’s time to eliminate national individual taxation, return it to the states (as the Founding Fathers wisely intended), and take away the national government’s power over us as individuals.

GWB on May 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??

burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Hahahahaha. Nicely done. :)

kim roy on May 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM

The War Planner on May 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I didn’t know that. thanks!

I was born and raised where Lou Costello had been — Paterson, NJ.

In his time, it was a major city for its silk industry. When nylon replaced silk, Paterson relied on its chemical and dye industries.

That’s where I saw President Ford, in person, when he came there to dedicate the Great Falls as a national landmark. The city was founded by Alexander Hamilton, and the first practical submarine was tested there in the Passaic River. Except it sank. My dad was one of the Boy Scouts who help dig it out, and the boat sat in the park right next to my high school.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??

burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

looool :-) this one is a hard worker :-)

jimver on May 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I just want to smack that jerk across the face, sitting there so smug and bored. So if congress doesn’t do something to reign in the I.R.S., like dramatically changing the tax code, simplifying it to one post card size form, hell I don’t know? Maybe it’s up to the individual citizen to start defunding them by refusing to file. I wonder what might have happened had this scandal have broken prior to April 15th?

RAN58 on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Going O/T, I would like to thank RWM the other day for posting about “Working toward the Führer” post. That got me to thinking and going back to re-educate myself on Ian Kershaw, which in turn led me back to Max Weber. After watching today’s hearing, and all of the previous week’s interesting revelations… it does become kind of scary to consider the possibilities.

Again, thank you RWM. You are provocateur of independent thought! :)

uncommon sense on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

You are really something else.

I’m still trying to figure just what.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Jeez! Hotair is so on top of every issue I get confused about which post I’m following!

Great Work Hotair crew!

wyntre9 on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

You are really something else.

I’m still trying to figure just what.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM

douchenoggle.

VegasRick on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Midas on May 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

HAL: ‘My pleasure’, sir :-)

jimver on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Posted at 4:19, of course.

You always cheat those who pay you ?

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Just remember, HAL and the other idiot trolls here: We’ll play by the rules you set when we get in power. And it may be sooner than you think.

kim roy on May 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

about time.

jimver on May 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Wonder how many standing o’s with applause are given during a hearing like this.

tru2tx on May 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

douchenoggle.

VegasRick on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I can’t help but believe that’s something to which he has to rise.

I can’t picture him doing the necessary work, though. I mean…HAL is so…common, so pedestrian.

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

you’re whistling past the graveyard..

mark81150 on May 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Hardcore liberals should be frightened and turn on Obama. They can’t be in power forever and if they are okay with the government and IRS being able to shut anyone down based on associations, etc, then they better start squirreling away their stuff now.

kim roy on May 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??
burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Nah. If you had one of those 9-5 things, you would know you are sometimes allowed to surf the internet for research and that includes the rabid tea billy sites

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Its nothing more than a sideshow. Nothing will touch Obama, nobody substantial will be held accountable. We have such an enormous amount of facts that SHOULD be bringing the entire house down on top of their heads, but we’ll see nothing. Bill Clinton was impeached by the House for far less than this, yet Obama remains unscathed.

I got chastised a while back for posting something similar to this on this very site. But just watch, in a few weeks it will all be over and we’ll be finding something else to rant about. I’m making yet another call to my congressional reps again today, but I’ll take bets that my previous prediction will unfortunately remain true. Are they afraid of national race riots or something if their savior Obama is brought up on charges?

Brychance on May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Welfare offices close early on Friday.

sentinelrules on May 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

How do you time travel like that? Commenting at 4:18 on a comment from 4:19 is quite a trick. My hat is doffed to you sir.

BL@KBIRD on May 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Always wasting its day at lousy Hanoi Jane movies….

viking01 on May 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Liam on May 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Did your dad get to ask him a question and did you and your friends streak.

RickB on May 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM

So your 9-5 ended at 4:19 PM ??
burrata on May 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Neat. You get to do that when you own your own business, too.

rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM

THIS cannot be stated enough!

Isn’t it amazing what happens when people on the Right
in this country stand up??

They expose the utter contempt the Left has for everyone.

Far too many Fair minded Americans have been getting Bullied
for years….I don’t know where that Complacency, tentativeness,
etc, came from, but I’ll be damned if I’ll tolerate it.

ToddPA on May 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I have a vague memory of this “9-5″ thing the troll keeps bragging about.

I guess being on-call 24/7/365 for one job, and picking up extra work elsewhere kind of beat it out of me.

CurtZHP on May 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM

You always cheat those who pay you ?
Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Unlike you, no I don’t. Taking a 15 mins break to entertain myself by finding out what the billies are b!tch!ng about now.

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

All I would add to what Mike Kelly said is:

When most Americans get a letter from the IRS, their bowels turn to water.

The IRS already has too much power. That they are in charge of Obamascare, it will be way worse.

marybel on May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

So, that would put you working in an office somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Aren’t you using their equipment? Their internet services and clogging their network traffic with frivolous internet searching? You don’t think that this is unethical, like taking company supplies such as pens or paper?

uncommon sense on May 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Neat. You get to do that when you own your own business, too.
rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Watching fox news all day isnt owning a business. I know majority of you think it is but it is really not.

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Media Matters it is, then ?

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I write the checks.

How many 15 mins, do you take ?

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

You always cheat those who pay you ?
Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Your first post was at 4:19, btw. That’s quite a bit more than 15 minutes ago.

And who gets a break 45 minutes (and now 10) before quitting time?

rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Posted at 4:19, of course.

You always cheat those who pay you ?

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

The line of men waiting to be serviced wasn’t as long as she thought.

Bishop on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

HotAirLib on May 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Wow, you’re really bad at this.

rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I actually live a few blocks from him. Wonderful city. Would invite you to DC but there is a no tea-billy rule there.

HotAirLib on May 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

HAL, I thought that you said that you lived in DC. If you live in DC, why are you referring to it as ‘there’ rather than ‘here’?

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

The same reason he’s “at” a 9-5.

rogerb on May 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

kim roy on May 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Yeah, but… we won’t, and even if we wanted to, the press wouldn’t let us get away with it like they do the left.

This is the case with everything – the left pushes hard, with media assistance, 24/7/365, inexorably leftward; we resist, sometimes, but *rarely* push back, and when we do, the media is there to help slap us down in a way they never do with the left. The end result is that we move ever leftward.

Honestly, I hold no hope that it will change without a violent and massive altercation. There’s just no going back in a civilized manner at this point, when the left simply refuse to be civilized. They’ve gone full Chicago/KGB on us, ignoring the law, corrupting the election process, etc. There’s no taking the ‘civil’ path back – they’ve destroyed the ‘civil’ path that was, and it’s now rigged and booby-trapped to ensure we can’t go back that way.

So be it.

Midas on May 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

HAL will need the weekend to think that one over.

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

RWM, did you see my genuflect earlier in the post? I know that HA has been taken over by the internet gremlins today, but I did want to give you the hat tip :)

uncommon sense on May 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Resist We Much on May 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM

HAL will need the weekend to think that one over.

Jabberwock on May 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Keeping a fake internet personality straight takes an incredible memory. That’s what eventually tripped up crr6.

slickwillie2001 on May 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM