Limbaugh: “I live rent-free” in President Obama’s head

posted at 6:41 pm on May 14, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

While the news of the several latest scandalous abuses of administrative authority was crashing wave-on-wave upon the White House on Monday afternoon, President Obama was otherwise occupied with wining and dining at big-money DNC fundraisers in New York City. Hardly ever absent from the program of his fundraising appearances, of course, are the usual denunciations of the “hyper-partisanship” plaguing Washington and the lamentations concerning the degree to which the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune are preventing him from governing properly — and outrageous misfortune, thy name is Rush Limbaugh. As Allahpundit pointed out yesterday, it’s yet another recycled talking point among the Obama crowd, but Limbaugh had a few follow-up words this afternoon. The Free Beacon grabbed the audio:

He simply cannot get me off his mind. I live rent free in his head. And he is using me as his convenient excuse for not being able to get anything done. He really thinks the Republicans would work with him if it weren’t for me. So he’s telling these Hollywood people — and you gotta understand, they’re sitting there and they’re very sympathetic, and they love Obama, and they want Obama to succeed. I’m the guy who said, “I hope he fails.” So Obama’s sitting there and he’s telling these Hollywood people, “You know, this Limbaugh guy, this Limbaugh guy… If it weren’t for this Limbaugh guy, Good Lord, look what I could get done!” … Now, let’s be honest, folks. Who am I? I’m a guy on the radio. I am your beloved host, El Rushbo. I’m a guy on the radio. The fact remains that the truth of the matter is, by his own admission, I am the opposition to Barack Obama.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

It really is mind boggling that the president of the United States, the most powerful man in the world, has so little respect for his office that he would actually try blame his ineffectiveness on a private citizen who simply broadcast his opinions. Pathetic!

chazmaz on May 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

If Rush does live in Obama’s head, could he at least tell us what Obama was doing on the night of the Benghazi attack?

monalisa on May 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Dittos all.
Could be they identified the enemy and it is us.
Julian Bond had an interesting description of the Tea Party tonight.
Interesting times.

seesalrun2 on May 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

chazmaz on May 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Or maybe Obama is angry that he can’t forcibly nationalize the broadcast spectrum in total a la Hugo Chavez. Which is why he gets into these p***ing matches with Rush and Fox News.

Myron Falwell on May 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Good for Rush finding this new apartment. I hear there is plenty of empty space up in there; he should be able to get some good practice in on that golf swing of his.

Gingotts on May 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM

God bless Rush Limbaugh.

TitularHead on May 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM

monalisa on May 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

What he does every night, watching Sportscenter of course. That’s such common knowledge that lobbyists have started advertising on ESPN just to get to him.

slickwillie2001 on May 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM

It can’t cost too much, there’s nothing there.

mmcnamer1 on May 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Even a thimble has space for a gnat, Mr.Limbaugh.

All the mockery of shout radio combined has not done one whit to halt his socialist agenda, or even really to hold the GOP’s feet to the fire until they were worth a hoot. So make your jokes about rent-free life…they’ve got the power and we don’t.

MelonCollie on May 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

MMM-MMM-MMM!

Sir Loin on May 15, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Even a thimble has space for a gnat, Mr.Limbaugh.

MelonCollie on May 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Exactly right. You know when I essentially gave up on the American people and knew in my gut that this country had gone too far down the path of ignorance and facism? When there was no back-lash, no rising up against the incredible attacks on Sarah Palin and her children. And then this President who called Americans “the enemy” and those of us who defended the Constitution and criticised the press and the federal government for acting like a 3rd World dictator became “extremests”. The filth spewed by Hollywood became the “norm”. Veterans and people who opposed the likes of that butcher Gosnell were put on the terrorist “watch” lists and low-life, pedophiles were allowed to sexually abuse children in public while their parents looked on at our airports.

Now we learn that 7 muslims—chemists—were found at Boston’s water source and while Obama is busy persecuting Billy Graham, these innocent “researchers” are allowed to go their merry way. Why aren’t every one of them in jail awaiting a direct plane to their homeland? Why the hell are they in this county in the first place?

I’m very tired of the awful, souless country we’re passing on to the next generation. Degenerates in Hollywood glorify drug abuse, incivility, and ignorance and they are the pied pipers who shoulder the most immoral man who has ever sat in the Oval Office to lead us all over the cliff. I went to Lowes last week looking for stuff for a remodel in my house. I couldn’t read the freaking packages. I needed an interpreter because everything was in Spanish. I’d like to know why these people are here? They hate us. They want to turn us into Mexico and they burn our flag and insult and ignore our laws and we want more of them? And why are we allowing “students” from Muslim countries? Can anyone, anywhere point to any progress in bringing any Muslim country out of the 6th century? The only thing these “educated” Muslims do is provide technical expertise to blow us all up.

OK. Good grief. I haven’t been involved in any politics since the election because I was intimidated. I used to poo poo “conspiracy” theorists. And for six years I’ve watched the fruition of every, single theory out there. One of the same so-called “nuts” who predicted persecution and prosecution and camps for conservatives and Republicans is now telling us that Google is joining with the Bilderburgs for total power and thought control. Even last year, I would have dismissed this. Now? After the confirmation that the IRS is Obama’s personal SS, I’m paying attention. Now wonder these people want everyone’s guns and ammo.

Portia46 on May 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Rush also has the bad taste to not have attended Columbia or Harvard.

TimBuk3 on May 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Rush also has the bad taste to not have attended Columbia or Harvard.

TimBuk3 on May 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Now THAT, I couldn’t care less about.

Ivy League schools have hopelessly fallen from vaunted institutions of higher learning to left-wing indoctrination centers…and places where all kinds of rich-brat capers go on and get covered up by daddy’s money.

MelonCollie on May 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Rush is now the most powerful man on earth…he dictates our policies, he dictates what the president can and cannot do…amazing that a radio talk show host, without one single vote, dictates the policy, foreign and domestic of the United States.

Truly, in this country, you can be anything you want, even president without being president…

right2bright on May 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Oblamo must recognize Rush as the Big Community Organizer on the right. It’s really the only thing prezzy is good at and he does like to clear the field of any competition.

Kissmygrits on May 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Limbaugh: “I live rent-free” in President Obama’s head

There should be PLENTY of room with nothing else occupying Obummers head space…much like our troll nonpartisan!

EEprom on May 15, 2013 at 10:38 AM

SCoaMF, forever the beta male to Rush’s alpha.

MNHawk on May 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Rush, you better not be paying any rent for living in Obama’s head: it’s an unfurnished sewer of a place.

PD Quig on May 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Rent free, baby! Freaking legend.

Decoski on May 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM