Gosnell spared death penalty after waiving appeal

posted at 5:21 pm on May 14, 2013 by Allahpundit

Was this a quid pro quo? I’m surprised that the court would allow a prosecutor to hold a death sentence over a defendant’s head to pressure him into giving up his right to appeal.

Maybe it wasn’t:

Dr. Kermit Gosnell was convicted Monday of first-degree murder in the deaths of the babies who were delivered alive and killed with scissors. The 72-year-old Gosnell gave up his appeal rights Tuesday, and prosecutors agreed to two life sentences without parole.

Prosecutors had sought the death penalty because Gosnell killed more than one person, and his victims were especially vulnerable given their age. But Gosnell’s advanced age had made it unlikely he would ever be executed before his appeals ran out.

Gosnell is to be sentenced Wednesday in the death of the third baby, an involuntary manslaughter conviction in the death of a patient and hundreds of lesser counts.

Why would he give up his right to appeal, though? By all accounts that I read yesterday, he was stunned and angry at the verdict. There must be no shortage of abortion-warrior lawyers willing to defend him pro bono at this point if it’s a simple matter of expense (which it probably isn’t, given the fortune Gosnell made from spine-cutting). His worst-case scenario is that all of his appeals fail but he keeps his name in the news and remains a cause celebre for the hardest of hardcore pro-abortion nuts. His best-case scenario is that the appellate court decides there was insufficient evidence to convict after all and throws out the murder charges. He’s got nothing to lose either way. So why give up?

I’m skeptical that he would have gotten death even if the prosecution had pushed for it. He deserves it, but my hunch is that the jury might have considered the fact that his victims just missed being killed in a fully legal way and therefore maybe Gosnell shouldn’t be slapped with the most severe possible sentence. (If you find that logic perverse, welcome to America in the age of late-term abortion.) They might also have spared him simply for the symbolism of it, granting life to a guilty man who never showed such mercy towards the innocents he effectively decapitated. Most of his jurors claimed to be pro-choice on the subject of abortion too; if that’s a hint that they’re generally liberal politically, then capital punishment might have been an especially tough haul for the D.A.

Two clips for you here. One, via the Standard, is of Harry Reid, who once pretended to be pro-life and who now seems to think that the solution to the Gosnell problem is cleaner clinics so that babies can be poisoned in the womb safely rather than attacked with a knife on some grimy delivery table. Two, via Life Site News, is of … well, just watch. Obviously I can’t vouch for its credibility; the doctor isn’t even named, but if the allegations made here are true, he will be eventually. And he’ll be just as infamous, if not more so, as Gosnell. Exit quotation: “Most of the time the fetus [sic] would come all the way out before he either cut the spinal cord or introduced one of the instruments into the soft-spot of the fetus in order to kill the fetus. Either that or twisting the head off the neck with his own bare hands.”

Comments

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Why would he give up his right to appeal, though? …I’m skeptical that he would have gotten death even if the prosecution had pushed for it. He deserves it, but my hunch is that the jury might have considered the fact that his victims just missed being killed in a fully legal way and therefore maybe Gosnell shouldn’t be slapped with the most severe possible sentence.

To answer your question, Gosnell and his legal team probably don’t share your skepticism.

Stoic Patriot on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Gosnell was not a one-off.

Curtiss on May 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM

He was smiling and update until just before the verdict was read. He knows the subject wore that pro-life jury down. And he was supposed to get another jury installed to decide punishment. My hunch is reality just bit him in the ass and he didn’t like the way it felt.

DanMan on May 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM

That may be technically correct, but, oh man.

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Liberals are always pro-life when it comes to their own useless arses.

squint on May 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM

So he’s not viable?

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Finally, Hanover Fist has a worthy cell mate.

BobMbx on May 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

He knew he was guilty?

Skywise on May 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

One and done. This is how you Bishop.

John the Libertarian on May 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

He needed to go away. He’s bad for business. An appeal phase would have meant more revelations. Can’t have that.

Mr. D on May 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Happens all the time.

And even if he lost all his appeals, even up through the S.Ct., it’d take, say, 18 years. And then we’d be executing a 90 year old who only had a few months to live anyway.

I’m fine with this. Spend the money, time and resources going after other scumbags.

rbj on May 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh well. At least it saves the taxpayers some cash.

kim roy on May 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Jeebus, AP. A little bit of a warning next time?

Holy F*ck.

nukemhill on May 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Swell. Nice that this POS was given the very consideration he deprived so many babies of the past 20 years.

BTW, how many other late-term abortionists are there across the country? When are they going to be arrested and brought up on charges?

Meople on May 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Jeebus, AP. A little bit of a warning next time?

Holy F*ck.

nukemhill on May 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

No kidding. I’m still having trouble with that headline that Ed put up about a crockpot.

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Yup. That’s how it works. This is where “privacy” has gotten us: gruesome murders that occur behind closed doors. Now that details of what’s involved are slowly starting to come out more, it’s generating a stir, from discomfort to outrage.

Stoic Patriot on May 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I don’t know, they seem a little too detached.

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Irony, indeed.

May the prisoners serve him justice, slowly and painfully.

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Meople on May 14, 2013 at 5:32 PM

There’s one right down the street from you, I’m sure. One of the many myths of the dems is that this stuff is rare.

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I don’t want to watch the first video, for obvious reasons. And I don’t want to watch the second video for same, but I must watch it because I know the pro-baby killers won’t. No matter how awful the descriptions of barbarism I am about to expose myself to I must continue to remind myself of the facts that pro-baby killers willfully ignore.

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Irony.

Hypocrite.

portlandon on May 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Stoic Patriot on May 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

From who? I see no outrage about Gosnell, except from people that already think killing babies is wrong. The most outrage I’ve seen from the baby killers is a lack of cleanliness of the facilities. As if hiring a proper maid service would make everything dandy with abortion.

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Doesn’t matter. That decrepit old husk hasn’t long to live. The kind of violence he wallowed in has stolen old age from him, and his short imprisonment will sap the rest of his energy. He’ll waste away in hell. My hope is that it doesn’t take long to clear away the remains.

MadisonConservative on May 14, 2013 at 5:39 PM

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I’d advise against it. It’s not comfortable to see your fellow citizens as Nazis.

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM

…but my hunch is that the jury might have considered the fact that his victims just missed being killed in a fully legal way…

Or as Iowahawk put it yesterday…

Breaking: Gosnell convicted of 3 counts of procrastination

dont taze me bro on May 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM

BobMbx on May 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

“I got an angle…”

BigGator5 on May 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM

That’s not a bad thing to know what you are up against and what’s out there. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than unprepared and disappointed.

kim roy on May 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don’t know, they seem a little too detached.

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Gosnell wasn’t the only one who got into trouble in Philly. Everyone else pled out. Perhaps they are getting ahead of the criminal charges by coming clean whether they are disgusted by these activities or not.

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

HA! It only takes being convicted of 3 counts of first-degree murder to turn the most ardent pro-abort into a pro-lifer.

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Indeed.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?

Kraken on May 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Either that or twisting the head off the neck with his own bare hands

But you know, privacy and stuff.

Bishop on May 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Comment of the Thread. Right out of the blocks.

Well done.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?

Kraken on May 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I hope not.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?

Kraken on May 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I hope not.

But we deserve it.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I don’t know.

The interview just seems a little too practiced, or coached.

I cannot describe what it is that has me thinking there is a problem with the second video. But, I have a problem with the second video.

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I dunno, but it wouldn’t have been carried out and his appeals would have cost the state around $2 million.

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Fight the good fight.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I just don’t know … this means the jury can pack up and go home ?
Sure hope so… they’ll likely need therapy after this one !

pambi on May 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

There are a lot of people who would rather this case end instead of dragging on with endless appeals. What could they offer Gosnell to get him to go along? Protection. They can have him do easy time or hard time. He will be doing easy time.

Anon Y. Mous on May 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Wow! I just saw a statement from Day Gardner Pres. National Black Pro Life Union about Gosnell. Just wow! She is a great spokesman with a powerful message.

d1carter on May 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

That’s Obama’s worst case scenario. Obama wants Baby killing abortionist Gosnell dropped down the memory hole, not some highly publicized dead man walking march to the death row chamber.

Gosnell getting the death needle is an acknowledgement that born alive abortions merit killing the baby killer, and abortion proponents don’t want that precedent set.

Cavalry on May 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

winner on the first post

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Fight the good fight.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Thuja and the armpit will be along just as soon as they finish masturbating to the second video.

slickwillie2001 on May 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I couldn’t watch all of the second video. Horrific.

terryannonline on May 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

He was smiling and upbeat until just before the verdict was read. He knows the subject wore that pro-life jury down. And he was supposed to get another jury installed to decide punishment. My hunch is reality just bit him in the ass and he didn’t like the way it felt.

DanMan on May 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM

He was smiling at today’s hearing. His lawyer said it was the “serenity” of knowing one’s fate.

I think the lawyer knows his clinet is just a sociopath. Who else would keep little feet in jars.

Wethal on May 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher

Best. comment. ever.

If “brevity is the soul of wit” sir/madam, you deserve a picture in the dictionary next to the definition of “wit,” I am suitably humbled, thank you.

Regardless if he’d received the death sentence or life w/o parole he would have still died in the custody of Pennsylvania’s Dept. of corrections.

If he’d received the death penalty he’d still be in the appeals process the last day of his life. There’s at least one person on Pennsylvania’s death row who still has outstanding appeals for a murder he committed in the 80′s!!

Unlike my home state where you can see the line of those on death row move, Pennsylvania would have warehoused him and allowed his appeals to continue for the rest of his life.

Now, he’ll end his days like Zacarias Moussaoui who yearned for the death penalty so he could grandstand in the appeals process for decades, now forgotten and deprived of a soap box.

Any bets on who’ll start the “Free Gosnell” movement?

Rot until your space opens up in Hell, Gosnell

E9RET on May 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM

He was smiling at today’s hearing.

Wethal

So was I sir, so was I. ;-)

E9RET on May 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Evening news also said that Gosnell want to tell his “story” to the public at some time. One wonders how many in the MSM would want to do an apologetic for Gosnell.

Wethal on May 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

hmm, another Troll free thread. I guess they don’t want to go on record defending their right to an abortion no matter what.

kirkill on May 14, 2013 at 6:09 PM

There was a story earlier about Gosnell objecting to the sheriff’s deputies calling him “Kermit.”

He said they should address him as “Dr. Gosnell.”

The sheriffs told him to stuff it because he was just another guy in shackles to them.

Wethal on May 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

“Fetus” is an age?

LASue on May 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

He said they should address him as “Dr. Gosnell.”

Wethal on May 14, 2013 at 6:10 PM

They should make sure his prison shoes have an extra-strong pair of shoelaces.

slickwillie2001 on May 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

“Fetus” is an age?

LASue on May 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Just because we “time” our age by the time we are born, it is a human from the time of conception. Science should have taught you that…hmm, LA public education?

kirkill on May 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Bad RWM, bad

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Gosnell probably figures that since the abortion crowd didn’t come to his assistance during the trial, he has no reason to believe he’ll be a ’cause celebre’ …. and I doubt the judge would let him out while his case is on appeal.

GarandFan on May 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

“Fetus” is an age?

LASue on May 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

How about seconds old since we establish age as stating at zero when born.

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Gosmell is just afraid to die. He knows what it is to kill and doesn’t want to suffer what he inflicted on others.

I hope they get to him in the big house but I guess that will be difficult.

Sicko!

Sherman1864 on May 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

He won’t serve but 4 years and get pardoned by Obama when he grants 50,000 other pardons before he leaves office.

DanaSmiles on May 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

DanaSmiles on May 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Obama can’t pardon him. Gosnell outside of federal jurisdiction.

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM

And more evil is unearthed…

I really wish you would revisit your lack of faith, Allahpundit. And all the atheists, particularly those like Resist We Much, who I respect very much, and a few others who are not obnoxious anti-Christians. But even the obnoxious ones…

I’m quite convinced we are going to be seeing the Truth come down on this country, in fact the whole world, in a big way pretty soon and I really hope you recognize it for what it is, before it is too late. God will not let this affront to Him and His innocent creation stand much longer. I am certain we are seeing the Chastisement building before our very eyes, though it has been doing so for quite a few years. But the speed seems to be increasing at a frightening pace as seen in every headline on Drudge.

Catholic Prophecy

Look into Fatima. Pope Francis had his papacy consecrated to Our Lady of Fatima just yesterday for a reason. Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI made St. Hildegard a Doctor of the Church for a reason, as well as beatifying Sr. Elena Aiello. They are telling us something.

Just read Romans 1. It is all right in that one page of Sacred Scripture. Everything in there is us, and “those who do such things are worthy of death, and not only they that do them, but they who consent to them that do them.” We will pay for allowing this horror. Not only have we allowed it to continue, we’ve been funding it!

I don’t know how well you pay attention to comments, but I’ve posted this a number of times, but in case you haven’t had opportunity to see/ignore before, please read the comparative study of the Shroud of Turin and the Sudarium of Oviedo and then compare to the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano, keeping in mind how old these relics are and that blood typing didn’t come into existence until less than 100 years ago. Christ was real; He died for you; and shed His precious type AB blood for you. He rose from the dead and will come again to judge… And God the Father is about to show us His wrath which comes first. Whether this is the final or minor chastisement, He is going to remove His protection in a big way. How could He not with this sort of horror so widespread?

Please believe in Him.

God have mercy.

pannw on May 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM

How about an unmentioned under the table agreement to NOT prosecute his wife?

Freddy on May 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Two, via Life Site News, is of … well, just watch.

didn’t watch the vid but i read the story on lifesitenews. holy s***!!! this guy really is just as bad as gosnell!! i am so glad these brave people are speaking out.

but what helps is that these are not anonymous sources. that looks better for credibility. i hope this story gets more exposure, like gosnell’s did. if americans see a second horror story after gosnell, maybe some of them will wake up and realize that gosnell isn’t a rare case.

Sachiko on May 14, 2013 at 6:57 PM

UM, did sumpin happen to this thread ?

pambi on May 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

look at this!!!

on lifesitenews, one of the women who is in that video exposing the truth about gosnell #2, deborah edge, posted a comment!!

For many years I worked for the abortion industry. As a young mom and one on the way, I was in a bad financial situation. I was desperate to find something to provide for my children. I ran across an ad where a clinic needed a appointment setter, and it sounded good considering I was 5 months pregnant and it would be a light job requirement. I was interviewed and hired on the spot, when they told me it was an abortion clinic I felt ill to my stomache, But i knew that my needs to provide for my family had to be met. In my mind i looked at it as a surgical procedure because it was legal and i felt I was really helping the women who were patients. YOu folks dont know us and do not understand the why and the how. We are human and we are not sitting in that video to gain any money or fame. I am trying to make women and the public aware of the horrors that not only went on in the Gosnell clinic but in all the other abortion clinics. I have made my peace with GOd and who are you to judge me, I held many hands of women who i felt i was helping, probably your neighbor or a family member or maybe even your own child. I dont need sympathy from you folks. I am coming out publically because I have asked God to forgive me and to give me direction as to how I could be of service to this horrid issue at hand. YOu folks are evil and have no real good intentions and probably just as cold hearted as the abortionist. and YOU sit there and call yourself a pro lifer. You can have your say because you are intitled to it. But dont expect me to feel i need to curl up and hide. What good would that video have been if we were all just crying. We wanted to make the public aware. INstead of bashing us you should be on a supportive level that we want to do the right thing and end abortions. We are human like the next guy and have made many mistakes like anyone else, ANd the good thing is that we have step forward with the intention to use our knowledge of this horrid industry and use it to open people eyes and views. The people who support us are many and we are greatful that they exsist because with out them We would be unable to proceed in our mission to spread the truth about the reality that goes on in the abortion clinic. You need to be judgemental with your own lives not mine. GOD is in control of ours. SO before you go saying what you think should happen to us check your self out!!!! Dont say nothing if you dont have anything nice to say. Because we dont care about you negativity.

Sachiko on May 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Sachiko on May 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I don’t really understands what she is trying to say. Is she still pro-abort? Has she repented, turned away from that awful life?

God will forgive, but for now:

She killed unborn, and born, babies.

May God have mercy on her soul.

davidk on May 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I was figuring it was pro-choice: life or death.

socalcon on May 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

UM, did sumpin happen to this thread ?

pambi on May 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

More words. Did sumpin happin to this thread, in what way? I wish to understand and cannot — and without understanding you, I can’t digest my macaroni salad properly.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM

“especially vulnerable given their age”

Um, was that from Meghan McCain– who thought of things during her gestation?

socalcon on May 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Would love to help, but I am stymied trying to determine if I am an obnoxious athiest, anti-catholic or anti-christian.

Like 31 flavors: so many choices.

socalcon on May 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Oh well. At least it saves the taxpayers some cash.

kim roy on May 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM

that is how I look at it …. if given the DP .. 15 years of appeal on the taxpayers dime …. Life w/o parole … even if he was allowed to appeal .. it is on his dime
life in prison … at least someone has a job .. making sure he stays inside.
I am good with it

conservative tarheel on May 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM

From what I understand, people like him won’t have a very nice time in prison.

Either in solitary and going crazy or in general population and dealing with convicts who have a special code regarding those that murder children.

It is nice to know that his remaining years will not be pleasant ones.

AND +2 on:

So now he’s pro life?

Rancher on May 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

One of the best comments ever. I’m stealing it for Twitter ;)

ProfShadow on May 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I hope they get to him in the big house but I guess that will be difficult.

Sicko!

Sherman1864 on May 14, 2013 at 6:30 PM

he will spend a lot of time in Segregated Housing ….
no inmate contact

conservative tarheel on May 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Like 31 flavors: so many choices.

socalcon on May 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM

You . . . only have one category there, if “obnoxious” implies the “anti” part . . . the remaining anti’s would be part and parcel. You needed another option: (unqualified, implying in context non-obnoxious) atheist. Then we could have looked close at the other two.

So, are you obnoxious, or what?

THIS THREAD IS MULTIPLYING QUESTIONS

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM

One of the best comments ever. I’m stealing it for Twitter ;)

ProfShadow on May 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Please consider retweeting Sophie:

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM

How can anyone do this? I swear liberals have no regard for human life. I noticed several times these women would slip and call it a baby then correct themselves and say fetus. I pray every day for the end of abortion. I pray that those engaging in the abortion trade and those women having abortions beg for Gods forgiveness and stop. As to those involved in late term abortions I pray for their swift apprehension and the death penalty. May God have mercy on their souls but more importantly may God comfort those precious souls killed without ever having the chance to live.

neyney on May 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Well, well, well – look who just made the TOP of the Presidential Pardon list.

famous amos on May 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Just stencil “BABYKILLER” on his orange jumpsuit and let the inmates take care of him.

Doing the job that the system won’t do.

his victims just missed being killed in a fully legal way

Manchuria begs to differ.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I don’t know, they seem a little too detached.

cozmo on May 14, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Detached is the only way you don’t go crazy at what you’ve seen and done in this case. They’re all conditioned to keep referring to ‘the fetus’. It’s a defense mechanism for these women as much as a way of hiding the truth (that it’s a baby) from the public. The one on the right kept slipping up though and calling it ‘the baby’.

I can understand why the talky one in the middle keeps seeing in her mind’s eye what she described about the baby’s toes spreading when it was killed. I’m not a weepy sort but that made me cry.

The Thin Man Returns on May 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM

It’s really very ironic that he gets life. The very thing he denied his patients.

Chris of Rights on May 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I think they should just snip his spine with a scissor.

BrunoMitchell on May 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

This is, to quote Sheriff Joe Biden, a big f’ing deal. Normally I’d be p!ssed they took DP off the table, but now he’ll get DP’ed in a cell for the remainder of his days.

Hell, it wouldn’t even be capital punishment – we’ll call it a late, late, late, late-term post birth abortion. Whatever spin makes ya feel better.

I half-suspected he’d be set free into the open field, but the jury actually used a brain and convicted him on all the relevant charges. In Philly of all places. And there were many charges. The testimony and grand jury report was heinous.

This is SO very bad for the abortion industry, so, true to form, they are whining that this was caused by too much regulation. LOL. Actually, the feminists have it made – abortion is one health area that is woefully under-regulated, due to each regulation being legally challenged as “an undue burden” on a woman’s right to choose. Gov. Tom “Color-Code” Ridge of PA stated as much. And here’s the unintended consequence – instead of dying in back alleys, they die in unsanitary, unsupervised “protected, legal clinics”.

Planned (un)Parenthood also didn’t mention he went down for convictions on the deaths of three BABIES (they focused on the women, only), who had their spines snipped like a flower stem once out of the woman’s body, whereas it would have been legal while still in her body. No wonder Gosnell looked perplexed when he was convicted – he did that crap everyday with the feminists’, and the law’s, blessing. NOW they have a problem with it?

People only support abortion to the extent they do because they honestly don’t know what it involves, and what the law is around it. Sometimes in true medical necessity cases, and perhaps in rape cases, it could be considered justifiable homicide. But that means ya have to consider it a child and you have to justify that action (woman’s life v. baby’s life, etc.) – current law doesn’t, it classifies it as less than nothing, and let’s a woman do it for any reason up to viability. And at viability they still can, with some restriction. If people were informed, say, like, by a group that fills us in on news-worthy items, a “media” or “school”, their opinions would do a 180 real quick. Mine did when I really learned what it is and how it’s practiced/legally justified. And bear in mind, I’m no Bible-Thumper. And that’s why this story got ignored for most of it’s duration – “they” can’t have people informed, because people may then make decisions “they” don’t like.

Saltyron on May 15, 2013 at 2:59 PM