Former NAACP chair: It’s legit for the IRS to look at the tea party, “the Taliban wing of American politics”

posted at 4:41 pm on May 14, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via NRO, he concedes that the IRS’s behavior has been “heavy-handed” but I’m not sure why. Can the government’s hand ever really be too heavy when targeting a Taliban-esque movement that’s “admittedly racist”? We use drones to kill people like that in Pakistan, don’t we?

An amazing clip. Not just because of the aggressive smears (even the MSNBC anchor seems slightly taken aback) or because it’s surreal to see a leader of the NAACP, of all organizations, suddenly comfortable with government investigating disfavored groups, but because there’s barely any hedging at all. Typically someone who’s inclined to make excuses for the IRS’s behavior will acknowledge that it was wrong, if only for tactical reasons, and then try to change the subject by finding a different angle to the story — GOP overreach, the “real scandal” spin, etc. Not Bond. He’s playing pure power politics here: The tea party is a menace, therefore they deserve harassment in the form of extra scrutiny by the government. Save fair treatment for groups that deserve it. He’s repulsive, but you’ll rarely see the political id unleashed for this story they way he does it here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Julian Bond always was a RACIST! at heart. And he was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

GarandFan on May 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Julian Bond always was a RACIST! at heart.

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Lol. Always funny to hear the tea-billies accuse anyone of being a racist. These trailer “parkers” invented racism. It’s in their DNA.

HotAirLib on May 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I was going to write “You CAN’T be this stupid…”..but wait! You overachived again by proving Yes, You Can!

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I’ve never seen a right-of-center site that tolerates trolls constantly calling people racists, week in week out, month in month out, based on no evidence whatsoever. Until now.

I don’t get it.

farsighted on May 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

This is my favorite site but that little problem is getting real old. I don’t want an echo chamber but lib mortar fire is getting old.
They refuse to engage point by point.
It should not surprise me though because all the libs I ever knew were /are like that.

arnold ziffel on May 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

No, I don’t think there’s a double standard at all … I think it’s entirely legitimate to look at the Tea Party. I mean, here’s a group of people who are admittedly racist, who are overtly political, who tried as best they can to harm President Obama in every way they can, … I don’t think there are correct parallels between the incidents (meaning the IRS audit of the NAACP under Bush, VS the IRS audits of Tea Party groups and individual participants ).

Julian Bond, former chairman of the NAACP

Translation:

ANY ……. rejection of socialized government, by any group or individuals is RACIST, and should be intimidated by the IRS into ceasing their political activism.

Re-re-re-re-re-re-(I’ve lost count) repeating my take on liberals stigmatizing conservatives as racist:

In 1950s America, a long-needed political movement began to gain momentum. This movement had for it’s leaders, Godly men. Many of them were clergy.
These leaders based their movement on their knowledge of the Christian Bible, and God’s will for man. They realized the state of condition they lived in had been imposed upon them by others, contrary to the will of God, and that it was past time to put an end to it. They actively, prayerfully sought God’s devine intervention, and leading in conducting this movement. They had to withstand insults, physical assault and related injury, and murder at the hands of some other of their fellow citizens and neighbors, who did not wish to see the changes that were the goals of this Godly Movement.
Another movement began shortly after the start of the Godly movement. This movement had for it’s leaders atheists and agnostics. This other movement had difficulty gaining momentum at first, while the Godly movement continued to gain favorability. The leaders of this “unGodly” movement saw an opportunity, and began to “merge” their movement with the Godly movement. When the top leader of the Godly movement was assassinated in 1968, the leaders of the unGodly movement then coopted and hijacked the Godly movement, for their own benefit.
The benefit that the leaders of the unGodly movement gained from this false-merger, was a FALSE VALIDATION of the changes and ideals that they sought to accomplish and achieve, but were NOT RELATED to the goals of the Godly movement. Anyone who stands against the changes and ideals of the unGodly movement, is immediately stigmatized as wanting to overturn the changes brought about by the Godly movement.
That’s where we stand today. Opposition in any way to liberal, Socialized Government constitutes a desire to impose “RACIST, white cracker, Caucasion (Aryan?) MALE dominion”, over everybody else.

listens2glenn on May 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Whao there, Mr. Peabody…come out of the Wayback Machine and point out the Jim Crow laws that exisit NOW….

This isn’t about Jim Crow; this is about a unprooven statement made by a person that want tme to consider him an (un)elected leader…especially when he states such BS supposedly in MY names.

BTW I’m Black AND a memeber of the Tea Party…how u square that circle, Bubba?

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Oh. It was Julian Bond? that’s kinda like saying it was Gomer Pyle trying to explain Guadalcanal.

98ZJUSMC on May 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

The only racist here is the guy Bond.

I am sure he gets on well with the Obamas.

Sherman1864 on May 14, 2013 at 6:33 PM

BTW I’m Black AND a memeber of the Tea Party…how u square that circle, Bubba?

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Libfree is now confused, scared and flipping through communist propaganda trying to find a response to you.

darwin on May 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Well goldangit, I was gonna go home and take a big ol swig off the bottle of Hillbilly Shine Wine my father-in-law just brought out from Tennessee – just to try to wash down that genetic racism HAL made me aware of….
I never realized how much I must have hated the black, hispanic, and Phillipino roommates I had in college, and all those black and Eskimo relatives I have. And ta think I had my black college roommate as my best man when I got married.
Dang I’m such a racist pig….

Not sure where I got it tho since I’ve never lived in a trailer park – yet….

dentarthurdent on May 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Our resident Democrat Low-IQ Voter/Racial Profiler HAL is laughably ignorant not only on the origins of Racism, but also on the geographical distribution of “trailer parks” in the US. In HAL’s Low-IQ world of stereotyping, all “trailer parks” are in the Southern US, and all “trailer parks” are owned by Low-IQ, Low-income Southern conservative white people.

But in reality, the States with the highest concentration of trailer parks include the following Blue States:

1. Nevada

2. New Mexico

3. Delaware

There are also large concentrations of trailer parks in the Blue States of Virginia, Colorado, California, Oregon, and Washington. In fact, in all 5 of those Blue States, there is the same relative level of concentration per state as there is in the actual South.

There are also plenty of luxury trailer parks in Blue States. In New Jersey, until it was heavily damaged last year by Sandy, the Paradise trailer park on (fittingly) Sandy Hook Bay was known for its million dollar ocean views that also include the distant Manhattan skyline to the north. And in Santa Cruz California there is also a luxury trailer park. Many of those “trailers” are also manufactured by Union members in factories in the Blue States of Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, but Low-IQ Democrats are ignorant of those facts.

Another Leftist stereotype is that “trailers” are “cheap housing”; many these days can exceed $100,000 in cost. In New Jersey during Sandy, only the “trailer parks” directly on the coast were heavily damaged; the “trailer parks” inland fared quite well.

However, the Left do have one thing basically correct-the majority of owners of these homes are Low Income. But for those Leftists to racially profile these homeowners and call them all Southern White hayseeds is something only Hitler would be proud of.

Especially since in 2012 O’bama won 63% of the Low Income Vote.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Are you stupid? I mean, on a day to day basis or do you work real hard at it?

98ZJUSMC on May 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

And yet they keep spouting crap like “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Liberal self-awareness status: Nonexistent.

29Victor on May 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I don’t get it.

farsighted on May 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

It could be that their purpose here is only to serve as a warning to others.

de rigueur on May 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM

The Democrats are now the DENSA party

R Square on May 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Edited for accuracy.

The Democrats lost the college graduate vote in 2012, and only won by increasing their share of the high school dropout vote from the already record high 70% achieved by Dear Leader in 2008 to 80%.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Poor Mr. Bond….I pity the ignorance.

The tea party is supporting indepence in a truly color-blind way. MSNBC, and the ilk, are supporting policies that advance dependency on people of color.

After the economic devestation caused to the African Amercans over the last 4+ years, you’d think that maybe, just maybe, he’d reconsider what does and what does not truly advance colored people.

Deafdog on May 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM

darwin on May 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Mebbe him and the Havard Grad Nonpartisan can put their heads togethere and come up with a clue….

Naaaaawww……lol

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I truly believe the only racist now are blacks…

rich8450 on May 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I don’t agree with that nitwit, Bond, but you must live in an incredibly small bubble.
I grew up in Los Angeles in the 60′s and 70′s. I didn’t know there was any racism until my family moved into majority white neighborhood. It was mostly white, with a few Asians. The white kids called me nigger like it was my last name.

By the time I got to Jr. high they started to show me some respect. They started calling me “The nigger”, and to think both my parents are biracial. By the time I got to high school it stopped but hey what can you do? No one was trying to set our house on fire or puncturing our tires or anything. They did play with me, and their parents were nice enough to me.

Kjeil on May 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM

How quaint

SouthernGent on May 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM

DanMan on May 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Bravo!

katy the mean old lady on May 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Meh.

Sure, keep trotting this a-hole out there. The Obama strategies have been so-o-o-o-o successful thusfar.

socalcon on May 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM

The NAACP is the insane hate wing of the democrat party. Well, one of the many anyway.

VorDaj on May 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM

“The truth hurts but it’s still the truth.” You mean like 6% of the population (black males) committing 58% of the murders and 70% of the violent crime in America? You mean like that, Julian?

MDLibertyLover on May 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Julian Bond is a disgusting race-baiting imbecile. Blacks should ask themselves how this kind of politics is working for them. How has the black community fared since LBJ’s “Great Society”? 17 trillion dollars spent on the war on poverty and where has it gotten us? Trading your vote for an EBT card and a pile of broken promises. Keep following guys like Bond – if this guy had a brain he would take it out and play with it.

MDLibertyLover on May 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

BTW I’m Black AND a memeber of the Tea Party…how u square that circle, Bubba?

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Well you are obviously a sell-out, Uncle Tom, House N****r, or any of the other epithets libs throw at blacks that have stepped off the reservation.

Huckabye-Romney on May 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

“I mean, here are a group of people who are admittedly racist.”

Says who? How disgusting. I am so tired to these lies that go unchallenged by the “journalists”.

Pffffffffffffttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on May 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM

They refuse to engage point by point.

arnold ziffel on May 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Yeah, you have a good concern. A lot of good people take breaks from this blog or leave it for good because of it. I find it tiresome occasionally.

For me, it’s always good to see your posts. :)

22044 on May 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

So spending the prime of your life being a race-baiter is civil rights activism in your feeble little mind.

OK, then.

22044 on May 14, 2013 at 7:34 PM

FIFY

HotAirLib on May 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Weren’t you the one claiming, “Benghazi?! Nobody CARES about Benghazi!”?

bmmg39 on May 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Actually, I am just old enough to recognize what a da** shame it is to see Julian Bond reduce himself to this snakebelly level of partisan hackery.

M240H on May 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Does it hurt when you pull this stuff out of your ass? Or does it tickle and make you giggle? I’m betting both.

Squiggy on May 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Are you the one dating Penny?

NotCoach on May 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I wish. Since I only have a BS in Engineering, I’d guess I’m more like a lesser Howard (but not Jewish, and I haven’t lived with my Mom since I was 17). But while he gets crap for not having a PhD – I don’t even have a Masters….
Besides my wife (a jealous, possessive redhead) wouldn’t let me get near Penny……

dentarthurdent on May 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Hmmmmm. Interesting thought.
However, since MLK was a registered Republican fighting for equality in the face of Democrat Jim Crow laws, and he was more concerned about judging someone by “the content of his character” rather than “the color of his skin”, I’m gonna have to go with no.

And you don’t have a f$$%&%# clue what you’re talking about.

dentarthurdent on May 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

“admittedly racist”

Evidence of this admission?

Not holding my breath……

InTheBellyoftheBeast on May 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Huckabye-Romney on May 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

LOL…I’ve been called that and MUCH worse douring my career…by people that looked JUST like me btw…

I’ve worked in 6 states from NY to MA and been called names from dolts (and doltetts) that would make a Klansman blush.

Grew up with pretty thick skin…and large fists…so I took great comfort in knowing tha people like that if for some reason I couldn’t outthink ‘em I could seriously stomp ther azzes at MY
leisure…Heh.

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Kjeil on May 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM

What’s your point? You grew up in a liberal hell hole?

Vince on May 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM

You know, I never heard the racist accusation bandied about so haphazardly and without merit until we elected Obama for president. Then everyone and their brother (on the right) was suddenly a racist. Anyone who didn’t vote for him, anyone who didn’t like his policies, anyone who hated the health care law, tea party members, Fox news anchors, you name it. I would have thought that after the country elected him for a second term the novelty of labeling people as racist would have subsided just a little bit. Not going to happen I guess. In fact, this country has never been so divided as it has been over the last 5 years.

scalleywag on May 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM

leisure…Heh.

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

It’s already obvious to me from your posts that you absolutely COULD out-think ANY true racist, and you should have stomped them anyway.

dentarthurdent on May 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Straw man. Come back when you have something substantive.

The Schaef on May 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I really enjoy your presence here sir, but don’t you feel awful about the mistreatment you receive by all us nuckledraggin, teabaggin, homohatin, racistess? ;)

arnold ziffel on May 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Really? So any civil rights activism under Jim Crow was black racism? OK…….

libfreeordie on May 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Are you stupid? I mean, on a day to day basis or do you work real hard at it?

98ZJUSMC on May 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM

It’s a concerted effort and practice makes perfect. I used to live in Atlanta for a long time and Julian Bond was always a bigoted, race baiting poverty pimp.

Tea-billies; you’re just chock full of clever little witticisms aren’t you, Libby? Well as my English friends say, you are too clever by half or in your case maybe a tenth.

ghostwalker1 on May 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Yeah, Julian Bond has gone off the deep end in the last few years.
He used to be a fair headed guy, but now all he does is demonize the right.
He has some really nasty things to say about black conservatives.

dverplank on May 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM

That alone should help people understand that “race” is a construct devoid of scientific stratification. There is no defined line between races. Nor should there be.

It’s time to stop defining ourselves in this way.

happytobehere on May 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

This is so silly, and it keeps getting posted. Race exists. Only someone who had never been outside would believe race doesn’t exist. It exists. Science is struggling with the word “species” too — also extant. And race affects everything from IQ to blood chemistry, whatever the final . . . verbiage. (Or the other way around; depends upon how you’d like to define it.)

Please don’t misunderstand me. I have no problem not sorting ourselves with this as a first sort. It doesn’t appear to have any fundamental value, so it should probably not be a fundamental sort.

But it exists. Pretending it doesn’t is silly.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It’s not pretending. It’s called anthropology–you know, science.

Nutstuyu on May 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Julian Bond has totally gone off the deep end in the last few years.
He says some really nasty things about conservative blacks.

dverplank on May 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM

It’s not pretending. It’s called anthropology–you know, science.

Nutstuyu on May 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM

K. In some alternate reality which I cannot perceive, race doesn’t exist. Because, science. :)

There. That’s all I can give.

The world’s insane.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

But when government wants to flex its more malevolent muscles, YOU’RE F**KIN’ IRON MAN!!”

Jon is just learning the main function of government. It is one thing—it is force. Force you to pay your taxes. Force you to get a license. Force you to have insurance. Penalize you when you fail to toe the line. The DOD, for pete’s sake, the most well-functioning arm of the government is good at the application of force.

Force is the one thing that the government is good at. When that force is misused, well, this is what we get. It takes restraint to hold the reins of government.

ted c on May 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Umm…And anyone gives a rat’s ass what Julian Bond says…Why, again?
This guy’s about as stable as Crispin Glover. Or the Dynamite boxes in the backs of the trucks in “Sorcerer”.

Libs. Are. Fools. And why don’t we argue with fools?

Thanks.

a5minmajor on May 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

dentarthurdent on May 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I try my best…Im no Thomas Sowell, more a Blue Collar thinker than anything…

And yeah I could stomp them, but i have more fun just making their pea-brains overcook….

arnold ziffel on May 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

LMAO: To feel awful, i have to have SOME sort of feelings for the maggots…err, misguided darlins…

Hey! Some of my best friends are…LMAO

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Et tu, MSNBC?

Kenz on May 15, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Bond either isn’t very smart or he’s become intellectually lazy, which is why he goes ad hominem rather than attempt to debate the point.

BD57 on May 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Silly commenters. Bond is black and therefore cannot be racist. Tea Partiers oppose Obama and ergo must be racist. Wake up and smell the Kool-Aid.

Y’know, Bond’s way of thinking is so entirely stupid that a) you just want to shake your head and walk away thinking that no rational person could take him seriously, but b) you want to strike back exposing the complete lack on intellectual honesty, in both part and whole, yet c) you know that by doing so you’ll only energize that irrational but substantial population which actually does take this kind of idiocy seriously.

Calling Bond and those who think that way idiots and racists means walking a tight line. Screw it. He’s an idiot, at best.

NeoCon_1 on May 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM

BTW I’m Black AND a memeber of the Tea Party…how u square that circle, Bubba?

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Hispanic here. Proud Republican party member. Tea Partier. Pro-life, pro-family, English/Spanish speaking (and I’d vote to make English the official language of the USA too).

Libfree and his ilk are falling into a trap of their own making. They consider themselves the moral arbiters of all that is “new” and “modern” while they paint their world with 1940′s Jim Crow crayons.

JoseQuinones on May 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

that’s “admittedly racist”

Go to he11, Julian. That’s especially rich coming from the NAACP.

GWB on May 15, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Liberal self-awareness status: Nonexistent.
29Victor on May 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM

This is funny every time I hear it. Lefties treat it like a prophesy.

Ironically it came true: the left claimed Obama is a symbol of America herself and how many times did the corrupt media tell us he is definitely a Christian?

GardenGnome on May 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Julian Bond is just a slightly more refined version of racist Marion Berry.

Incandescent on May 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I’m sorry I have to say this, but, Julian Bond is a real Ni**er! That is the lowest-class Black there is! He and O.J. Simpson are a matched set!!

Jersey Dan on May 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM

JoseQuinones on May 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Welcome to the Party, Pal!

BlaxPac on May 15, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Liberal self-awareness status: Nonexistent.
29Victor on May 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM

This is funny every time I hear it. Lefties treat it like a prophesy.

GardenGnome on May 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM

There’s another that is far more accurate.

Fascism will come to the US in the guise of Antifascism.

Can’t remember who said but he hit the button.

Quartermaster on May 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM