Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on May 13, 2013 by Allahpundit

Attorney Dan Backer, whose client TheTeaParty.net has been trying to obtain tax-exempt status since 2010, said an IRS analyst mentioned the alleged working group during a phone conversation about one of Backer’s other client organizations.

“More than a year ago, one of these guys, really a slip of the tongue, [said] ‘Yeah we have this new working group that’s really looking at all these conservative organizations,’” Backer said. “And that’s when we knew it was gonna be a problem.”…

“Nobody wipes their own ass in the government without a lawyer clearing it,” Backer said. “The idea that this is not at least a few layers up is nonsense.”

***

It’s not like the IRS needs a way to flag the new groups that were created in the wake of the Citizens United decision. They have all the information they need to do that without any special filter. They can search for the date of the application. If what you’re concerned about is that most of the new groups being created are in fact thinly disguised electioneering vehicles, then what you want to do is take a random sample of the new groups, review them, and see what percentage turn out to be self-dealing or otherwised engaged in inappropriate behavior.

Instead, the IRS method for dealing with the volume was to take an unrandom sample. And how did they decide that you deserved extra scrutiny? Because you had “tea party” or “patriot” in your name. Since the Tea Party was a brand new movement in 2010, they couldn’t possibly have had any data indicating that such groups were more likely to be doing something improper. So how exactly did they come up with this filter? There is no answer that does not ultimately resolve to “political bias”…

Now, maybe 501(c) organizations are a big scam and don’t promote social welfare nad we should get rid of them, as I’ve seen some columnists complain. But this doesn’t actually seem like the right time to have that conversation. Rather, it seems like a distraction from the fact that IRS employees decided that groups which advocated for smaller government were somehow specially untrustworthy, and acted on this opinion by singling them out for extra bureaucratic hassles. This is hugely disturbing, and right now our focus should be on making sure it doesn’t happen again, not reforming the laws governing tax-exempt organizations.

***

Suppose that the Environmental Protection Agency were to admit offhandedly that the fluoridation of water had only modest communist mind-control effects. Or the United Nations were to concede it had been running fleets of black helicopters over U.S. cities, but only in the course of conducting extensive goodwill tours.

The Internal Revenue Service has managed a similar confirmation. For years, tea party and patriot groups have breathlessly alleged that federal bureaucrats were conspiring against the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Then federal bureaucrats conspired to target conservative groups because their tax documents contained the words “tea party” or “patriot,” and because they were “educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights.”…

I am conspicuously not a libertarian. I believe that government has valid purposes that are more than minimal, and that public service is essentially noble. But most Americans, myself included, become libertarians when a policeman is rude and swaggering during a traffic stop. Give me that badge number. It is precisely because police powers are essential to the public good that abusing them is so offensive. The same holds for overzealous or corrupt airport-security agents. And it is doubly true with IRS personnel who misuse their broad and intimidating powers. It is enough to bring out the Samuel Adams in anyone.

***

The Republican-controlled House won’t waste any time before it begins investigating the Internal Revenue Service’s alleged targeting of conservative groups.

The Ways and Means Committee is likely hold a hearing in the next two weeks before Congress recesses for a week for Memorial Day, according to several sources involved in planning. The Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which has been busy investigating the attack in Benghazi, is also likely to hold hearings, sources said.

***

Tea party groups on Monday are threatening to sue the Internal Revenue Service after the agency admitted last week that it wrongly targeted conservative groups applying for nonprofit status.

“We are looking at it pretty seriously,” said Dan Backer, a lawyer who represents a half dozen conservative groups targeted by the IRS, including Combat Veterans Training Group and TheTeaParty.net. “Given the sheer scope of maleficence at the IRS, there may be a legal recourse.”

***

The question being asked in the political world today is whether the condemnations are too little, too late. As in, did the Obama Administration — and other Democrats in the House and Senate — miss their chance to claim some sort of high(ish) message ground by largely taking a pass on the story when it broke on Friday morning?…

Democratic Congressional strategists offered little in the way of explanation for the relative silence of their incumbents/candidates on the IRS over the weekend other than to say that Senators and House Members typically take their cues from the White House in sticky political situations like this one.

***

Liberals, whose unvarying agenda is enlargement of government, suggest, with no sense of cognitive dissonance, that this IRS scandal is nothing more sinister than typical government incompetence. Five days before the IRS story broke, Obama, sermonizing 109 miles northeast of Cincinnati, warned Ohio State graduates about “creeping cynicism” and “voices” that “warn that tyranny is . . . around the corner.” Well.

He stigmatizes as the vice of cynicism what actually is the virtue of skepticism about the myth that the tentacles of the regulatory state are administered by disinterested operatives. And the voices that annoy him are those of the Founders.

Time was, progressives like the president 100 years ago, Woodrow Wilson, had the virtue of candor: He explicitly rejected the Founders’ fears of government. Modern enlightenment, he said, made it safe to concentrate power in Washington, and especially in disinterested executive-branch agencies run by autonomous, high-minded experts. Today, however, progressivism’s insinuation is that Americans must be minutely regulated because they are so dimwitted they will swallow nonsense. Such as: There was no political motive in the IRS targeting political conservatives.

***

“I don’t think morale is the highest it’s ever been,” said an Obama veteran. “It’s been a hell of a way to start a second term. … The gun vote was infuriating, depressing. … Then you went from Boston to North Korea to Syria to Benghazi to the IRS” — referring to last week’s revelations that federal revenue agents singled out tea party groups for special scrutiny.

“Plus, you know, there have been a fair share of f—-ups on our side of the ball,” the person said.

***

***

***

Political speech is sacrosanct, Scarborough argued. “Liberal and conservative Supreme Courts alike do not allow the government to tread on political speech. There is a wall around that, and the wall has been knocked down by the IRS for several years now.”

“There’s been many overblown claims of tyranny and abuse of power from the government over the last few years,” Geist jumped in, pointing to the “we’re coming for your guns”-type narrative. “This is tyranny. If this is the government, a nonpartisan agency coming after specific groups, this time it’s real.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

MarshFox on May 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM

That was very moving. Please tell Lila thank you for what she did.

INC on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

You’re an ace campaigner,

tommy71 on May 14, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Barky sucks at campaigning, too. If it weren’t for the full court press the MSM does to keep him afloat he would have never gotten anywhere – well, that and getting courts to disqualify other candidates and release personal information about divorce proceedings and the like …

Fact is, there is nothing that Barky is competent at. Not a single thing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Ok good people, I am out, enjoy the night!

MarshFox on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yeah, Scrumps was timid! I really, totally believe that. ;-)

tommy71 on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Blaxpac
Ya my pay was cut in half too, its really a big jolt……………Night bud………..;-)

angrymike on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

‘Night Mike!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

0 can only talk and yammer and um and ah and err and I and me and on and on…

The tripe that comes out of his mouth just dribbles down and hits the floor with a big splat!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

angrymike on May 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Thanks!

I’m always amused when I land between the redheads and the dominatrices. It’s like hitting 3 cherries on a slot machine. lol

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Good Night MarshFox!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

MarshFox on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Good night to you both!! God Bless you both also!

See you later :-)

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

good for you! at least one of you Christians walks the walk, gotta respect that

now how about spreading some of that love to your buddies here here wanna see me light my loved ones on fire then kill myself while my city gets nuked?

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM

You know, I already prayed for you once tonight. And the only reason I’m telling you is that you’re so mean that it will probably never occur to your mind that things like that are going on all the time.

The world’s bigger than a nightly stir-the-shit game on HA.

Lucky God’s not religious. That last bit wasn’t particularly Christian. True, but not particularly Christian.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Fact is, there is nothing that Barky is competent at. Not a single thing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yes, there is. He is a first rate Liar. He lies without conscience. He is a Thug in Chief.

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Resist
ROFLMAO ……………..;-D

angrymike on May 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The new exciting Hot Air cosa nostra edition for doze who betta know what’s good for ‘em.

Ayyy! You peoples unnerstan’ the unwritten rules heah or does we gotta ‘splain ‘em too-yah in ways ya ain’t likely ta forget? Capiche?

(looks about furtively, taps 12-gauge walking stick, cracks knuckles, checks shoulder holster, checks ankle holster, checks trench coat holster, checks equalizer tucked into belt)

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

tommy71 on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I believe I was…

Well you can google me…

I don’t use google…

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

You’ve come a long way, baby!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I have had family members and gay friends & lovers who served and some who still serve, but only you guys are the real “amurricans” or something

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I’d bet they do not dare wear their Class A’s in public in SF.

Most folks in SF that I talk to hate Fleet Week too.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM

That’s what I shoulda said!!

Woo Hoo O Hell Yeah!!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:15 AM

0 can only talk and yammer and um and ah and err and I and me and on and on…

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Barky’s big campainging idea in 2008 was to infest people’s back yards and ask them stupid questions (all he’s able of doing). That lasted for all of one day when he ran into Joe the Plumber who, in a couple of quick-minded questions knocked the legs out from Barky’s pathetic campaign.

Luckily for Barky, his buddies in the Ohio government offices rummaged through Joe’s private data, released it to the press the next day and then McShame had Barky’s back to help him get through the difficult times his own mouth caused “spread the wealth!!”

Yeah … great times …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:15 AM

angrymike on May 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Ya’ll have a good one Mike…! Rest easy and stay safe!

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Lmao!! You are quite somthing!! :-)

(Goes light one up)

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I have know idea what you do/did Marsh.

Sounds like an interesting story, though.

I’m not prying, just curious.

“none of you business” is a good answer.

But what you wrote, and have written quite often,,,

Gets my attention. Wisdom.

More than I have. Just like reading it.

Sorry about your pup. This grown man, ,, hard thing.

I’d hug a puppy. Yet strangle a lib.

wolly4321 on May 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

He’s a pathological liar and he clearly has no conscience or shame, at all, but his lies all suck. They are transparent and offenses to the intellect. Barky has never told a lie that anyone with more than two brain cells didn’t know was an out and out lie. But, Barky is shameless and loves to lie. Not really a talent as much as a sociopathic tendency.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Unfricking believeable, that’s when I figured the 0 character might not be so good and I found my political wings so to speak!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

The totality of Christian knowledge you have was exhausted before you hit submit.

tom daschle concerned on May 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM

you and the Westboro Baptist Church have taught me a lot, actually

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Thanks!

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM

. . . *groan*

I can’t believe I’m walking away from all the possible jokes.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

*continuing self disgust*

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Local authorities are on the lookout for the Cheeto_Os bandit.

Has yellow cake dust on his keyboard next to some poems, three hankies and a bucket.

SparkPlug on May 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

We may well be seeing impeachment proceedings soon, whether House GOP leadership wants it or not

— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) May 13, 2013

Greg Sergeant is a zealous hack on behalf of Obama.

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Schadenfreude on May 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Hate to disagree, Schaden…but he’s not even good at THAT very much.

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM

. . . *groan*

I can’t believe I’m walking away from all the possible jokes.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Looks like a trap yo me. I’m not going near that.

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Hello Moon Goddess, if you are watching over us.

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Walk don’t run…. away!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Walk don’t run…. away!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Listen to Scrumpy. She is wise.

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

. . . *groan*

I can’t believe I’m walking away from all the possible jokes.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

NewAxe® is like NewCoke®. The original was better. :-)

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

NewAxe® is like NewCoke®. The original was better. :-)

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM

That left a mark. Get up Axe!!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

That left a mark. Get up Axe!!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

cant.

cantyet.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

My dear Sir Knight!! Lol… I see trubble… lol (;

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

. . . *groan*

I can’t believe I’m walking away from all the possible jokes.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Looks like a trap yo me. I’m not going near that.

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Wise strategy. “Redheaded dominatrix” sounds scarier than Lorena Bobbitt.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Axe is now finger tied and cannot get words out…

He is all of a kerfuffle!

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

you and the Westboro Baptist Church have taught me a lot, actually

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Did you know that Fred Phelps, the patriarch of the Westboro cult, ran for office in Kansas?
As a Democrat?

either orr on May 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Axe is more like mellow yellow. Especially the Cheeto_Os fingers.

SparkPlug on May 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

you and the Westboro Baptist Church have taught me a lot, actually

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Weak Tea, DBear…especially since its pretty well established that WBC and the Catholic Church don’t agree on a damn thing.

That’s like comparing yourself to those open-minded souls that go into St. Patricks and other churches and throw condoms (used and unused) onto the altar…and you would certainly *never* do that because of disparate ideology, right?

Right?

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM

You can pray for the likes of douchebear all you like, but history tell me we meet in the streets.

Not him personally, but his ilk.

It’s why I buy guns. Bow & arrows. Industrial grade pepper spray for Grizzlies. You name it.

This isn’t San Francisco. I plan to keep it that way.

wolly4321 on May 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Axe, how many fingers am I holding up?

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

meeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheheeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh

meeeeeeehhhhhhhhh

meh

meh

mehhhhhh

meh

Meh

Meh.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

It wasn’t the bartlett, but monkey magic that tied his tongue up in knots!!! (;

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Axe, how many fingers am I holding up?

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

3, and one ain’t no cherry

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM

My dear Sir Knight!! Lol… I see trubble… lol (;

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I think she likes him!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Axe, how many fingers am I holding up?

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I see a middle one.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM

3, and one ain’t no cherry

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Time to man up! Walk right up to her and let her know how it’s gonna be!!! Me and Spark are gonna be over…well, way over here..

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

And on that note I am gonna skedaddle!!

Good Night Axe, Ken, wolly, Sparky, Sophie!! And All!!

God Bless, keep the fires stoked!

* swoosh *

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Wise strategy. “Redheaded dominatrix” sounds scarier than Lorena Bobbitt.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I dunno…considering my dating track record, I could do worse.

Heh.

BlaxPac on May 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Love the tat. Not.

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Not digging that either. Never really understood that wreath/barbed-wire . . . that sleeve deal.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I see a middle one.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Wasn’t directed at you… Sorry!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:38 AM

* swoosh *

Scrumpy on May 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Night Scrump! WE’RE FAMOUS!

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Good Night Chrissy!

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Greg Sergeant is a zealous hack on behalf of Obama.

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM

our world is filled with obama hacks. the entire leftist world feels super-empowered. out and proud. Never fearful of an honest media or of accountability. Never fearful of an honest open debate

because they know they will be covered over. All these things, despicable irs targeting, benghazi…the whole thing

and, yes ‘global warming’

this is a long quote from a real scientific meteorologist

The global warming has been taken out of the hands of the meteorologists and traditional climatologists and is now run by professional media experts and different well-recognized members (political or otherwise) of the general public that have found the present climate hype to be a suitable way to remain or be obtain a place in the media limelight.

In the very emotional climate debate today is it hardly possible to have a sensible and balanced exchange of views. If you do not support climate catastrophes as the one recently from the World bank, you are placed into a deniers box and accused to support the interest of the oil industry or alternatively that you are a man in a senior age and therefore unable to understand the concerns of the younger generations. Some of our colleagues are exposed to a powerful group pressure or that of a politically correct boss. The real genuine interest in climate and climate processes is fading away as the interest is confined to the concept of climate typical of the general public or rather I shall say the predominant or politically correct concept of climate.

However, the observational records are clear and the global warming is proceeding much slower than generally is anticipated.

Instead of being grateful for this comforting result the reaction is rather the opposite.

the left can always count on a leftist press and the leftist political correctness code to suppress the Other

r keller on May 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM

My turn to crash! Tomorrow…..

KCB on May 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Night KCB, frequently referred to as expendable.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM

The IRS has clearly earned another S. They are now the IRSS.

VorDaj on May 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

DBear

Says the retard who whines about it just being too hard for women to kill their babies these days.

xblade on May 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM

The IRS has clearly earned another S. They are now the IRSS.

VorDaj on May 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Or…Internal Revenge Service!

Niters, all!

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I guess I’ve done about as much damage as I can do tonight, too. I’ll lurk till my clock runs out.

Night Resist. Sleep tight. :)

Night everyone.

Axe on May 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM

G’nite all to all saying good night.

The Truth is revealed despite Bam-Bam and his lackeys.

Not a moment too soon for the IRS / Ocommiecare Enforcement to get outed as KGB.

viking01 on May 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Rather, how far did they abuse it? If they were doing this since 2010, it only stands to reason that some dots were connected from the requested data from the non-profits and/or they also did keyword searches on individual returns to flag others for an indepth colonoscopy.

To whit, did you itemize contributing (you have to ID the org by name, address, # if applicable and amount) to Heritage, RNC, SarahPac or any other nonprofit entity that meets the same criteria that they went after the TP?

Audit time!

Heck, given Oboobi’s contempt for Bible thumpers and gunclingers, the IRS may well have flagged those that claimed tithes to the “wrong” churches and/or contributions to gun rights orgs. What about a “offline” database that logs individuals requesting background checks?

Maybe explains the urgency in wanting an enhanced background check this year. Stat!!!. Crossreference the background checks with conservative nonprofit memberships with a couple of datapoints like credit card numbers etc and the doj knows exactly whom to visit and seize weapons. And in the interim, track what you’re buying and/or stocking up on.

What of supporting anti-abortion groups like Lila Roses etc?

Once the taint of partisan retribution touches the IRS, there’s no telling how far and how contaminated the audit process might be. Time for folks to compare notes. I for one did one or more, but not all of the above and was tagged two years running for an audit. Supposedly because I own a small business. Well, where was the irs for the 4 years prior? I’ll be watching this close to see if this goes deeper and wider than what we’ve been told so far.

As others have noted, it’s high time to void the IRS and simplify the code and that any and all taxes from the Feds must have a 5-year sunset. Each tax must be individually renewed by name/purpose and amount/percentage. Likewise with each exemption. And not enmasse.

AH_C on May 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM

All of your blog posts are belonging to ME, your kind Uncle Sam.

You silly little people need to realize that there’s a new sheriff in town, and his name is Barry By God Ojesus. He’s here to make sure that you serfs don’t get out of line and have, you know, thoughts of your own and such.

Orwell was a piker; this abnormal growth on the ass-cheek of American civic existence is sucking the life out of our Constitutional Republic, and on purpose too.

Oh well, here comes my audit. Wish me luck.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM

The IRS has clearly earned another S. They are now the IRSS.

VorDaj on May 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Or…Internal Revenge Service!

Niters, all!

Resist We Much on May 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM

IRSJ. Inevitable Repugnant Screw Job.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Three cheers for the Most Transparent Gubmint Eeeeevah!

Whoo wee!

Thanks Bare-assed Hustler Ojesus. This is truly change that you can quantify, you “forward-leaning” Chris Matthews think-alike joke of a mimic of a pretend presitent.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM

good for you! at least one of you Christians walks the walk, gotta respect that

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM

About a year or so ago, you were boo hooing about losing your job, moving to SFO and starting a new life. Seems to me that night everyone here wished that you would do better.

I didn’t make a comment because I remembered you bragging about your BMW, boyfriends, evil conservatives blah, blah a few months earlier.

So you come to HA frequently for what? Fellowship, good cheer, or just to illustrate assholism?

arnold ziffel on May 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM

you and the Westboro Baptist Church have taught me a lot, actually

DBear on May 14, 2013 at 1:19 AM

If you keep swinging too hard with your eyes closed, you are bound to continue hitting those foul foul balls.

Not cool, DB.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 2:30 AM

The liberals on my FB are literally stunned and don’t know what to do. A couple of them tried to point to Bush’s “lies” during the buildup to the Iraq war. But that only covers Benghazi. Not the tyranny of using the IRS and secretly bugging journalists. Obama and his cronies are toast.

John the Libertarian on May 14, 2013 at 2:35 AM

This will end up as being just another “should have been” story strewn by the wayside like so many others that have been swept under that incredibly large rug by the media sycophants of this poor excuse of an administration.

It should be a huge story; it’ll end up on the back page though, of course, with the usual hemming and hawing, excuse-making blather, and the inevitable upside-down-logic-induced tacit if not implicit and blatantly revolting approval.

I fear that too much damage has been done for us to recover our Republic in even 8 or 12 years. I pray that I am wrong.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I am becoming more and more convinced that Obama is such a disturbed personality that he actually believes that if he says something it makes it the truth. Goebbels said that if you tell a big enough lie and repeat it enough it eventually becomes the truth. The Super Goebbels, Obama, thinks all he has to do is say the lie once and it becomes the truth.

VorDaj on May 14, 2013 at 3:41 AM

This should be the story of the decade, at least. However, I anticipate that the mesmerized media will move on to something else as soon as there IS something else that doesn’t cast an ill shadow toward the prog’s.

Oh, how I miss America.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2013 at 3:42 AM

John the Libertarian on May 14, 2013 at 2:35 AM

+1.

Let it be so.

SparkPlug on May 14, 2013 at 3:44 AM

IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

link

Link

SparkPlug on May 14, 2013 at 3:46 AM

IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups

True, and it all started in 2011 when the IRS commissioner was a Bush appointee- which makes you wonder, is this all part of a right wing conspiracy to discredit Obama (no, not seriously)…

bayam on May 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM

A liberal is such a foul thing to wake up to. They never quit, they have no sense of humor. It’s always needle and annoy, with them.

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Carl Bernstein: “The IRS must remain politically pristine. This could go, and should, to the head of the IRS losing his job.”
Joe: Who does the IRS report to?
CB: “Oh, no!”
Joe: “Obama is the boss of the head of the IRS.
CB: “Oh, no!”
Joe: “Remember Harry Truman and The Buck Stops Here?”
CB: “Oh, no!”

Funny stuff.

Marcus on May 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Mornin’, y’all. Elections have consequences.”Obama 2.0: The Scandals Just Keep on Coming” My take.

kingsjester on May 14, 2013 at 6:30 AM

good morning HA crew :)

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Marcus on May 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM

heh

gop should not overreach on this
-morning joe

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:33 AM

karl rove is hurting this ira investigation??? his group was going after benghazi….keep up joe…

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:35 AM

good morning folks!

ted c on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Great Take KJ…read it folks!

Marcus, methinks the elite washington libs will try to defend this admin as long as possible…..they’ll go with the gop side show and strawmen theory for as long as they can…

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM

heh

gop should not overreach on this
-morning joe

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:33 AM

In other words, settle for a few flunkies to blame and don’t look any deeper.

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

I just calls ‘em as I see ‘em.

kingsjester on May 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM

ding ding ding

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Fact is, there is nothing that Barky is competent at. Not a single thing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

That can’t be said enough. The man can’t talk in public without a teleprompter. When you see the way he stumbles around issues, its obvious that he and the people who back him in the administration are clueless. What they’ve done good, if you ask me, was effectively mobilize the idiots of my generation. It’s all they’ve done well. And the sad thing is the late 20s some crowd I’m around still support the guy if they supported him before. I think people like me who voted Romney from my generation are actually talking like he should be impeached, but his supporters are digging in.

smoothsailing on May 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM

It must be some kind of record to have three presidential scandals erupt in less than a week. And still the LSM is out there saying not a one of them has any merit at all, that they’re little stuff we shouldn’t be ‘wasting’ any time or money on.

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM

benghazi will get swept under the rug i’m afraid…the lsm is going to focus on the irs to deflectfor obama and hillary and the low information voter will forget about it…

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I am almost afraid to get outta bed. What will today bring?

esr1951 on May 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

The Pinocchio Test

During the campaign, the president could just get away with claiming he said “act of terror,” since he did used those words — though not in the way he often claimed. It seemed like a bit of after-the-fact spin, but those were his actual words — to the surprise of Mitt Romney in the debate.

But the president’s claim that he said “act of terrorism” is taking revisionist history too far, given that he repeatedly refused to commit to that phrase when asked directly by reporters in the weeks after the attack. He appears to have gone out of his way to avoid saying it was a terrorist attack, so he has little standing to make that claim now.

Indeed, the initial unedited talking points did not call it an act of terrorism. Instead of pretending the right words were uttered, it would be far better to acknowledge that he was echoing what the intelligence community believed at the time–and that the administration’s phrasing could have been clearer and more forthright from the start.

Four Pinocchios

ted c on May 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM

don’t blame dear leader, no no no…these are all due to low level staff members…can’t blame eric holder either

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’
Posted by Glenn Kessler at 06:00 AM ET, 05/14/2013

above article title/author

ted c on May 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM

That may depend on who else comes forward to testify. The right whistleblower could still blow that out of the water.

esr1951 on May 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM

I am almost afraid to get outta bed. What will today bring?

esr1951 on May 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

After the past scandal-ridden week, I’m sure Obama has the same sentiment.

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Then the high-level people need to be fired, at the least for not properly overseeing their staffs.

The liberals all think this excuse is a winner, a get-out-of-jail-free card. But it’s not. The excuse leaves begging far too many questions all on its own.

Liam on May 14, 2013 at 6:54 AM

The Scandals Just Keep on Coming

kingsjester on May 14, 2013 at 6:30 AM

The IRS
Benghazi
The AP grab
HHS Begging
Fast and Furious (a classic at this point)

The rat-eared coward is going have to open an office of scandal management if this keeps up. Just to keep all the lies straight.

Happy Nomad on May 14, 2013 at 6:54 AM