Video: MSNBC hosts now asking Democrats for autographs on air

posted at 2:41 pm on May 9, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Washington Free Beacon, it used to be that you’d tune into MSNBC to find the host handing a prominent Democrat a check. Now they show restraint, confining themselves to more traditional fanboy behavior. Consider that progress. And look: To repeat a point I’ve made a lot recently, all our side has ever asked of the media, really, is to show its cards. They can call themselves impartial if they act impartial, or they can go on being liberal hacks and cop to it. MSNBC and O’D chose honesty. Wouldn’t you rather watch this guy whitewash yesterday’s Benghazi hearings forthrightly than watch the “objective” LA Times spin the hearings away as some sort of tedious, he-said-she-said battle o’ the partisan talking points?

Speaking of which, take two minutes to read Erik Wemple’s review of what did and didn’t make it into O’Donnell’s Benghazi coverage last night about Hillary Clinton. If you’re a loyal MSNBC viewer who missed Greg Hicks’s testimony as it happened, you’re well informed this morning that the big revelation yesterday wasn’t this but rather … Hicks calling Hillary at 2 a.m. on the night of the attack to brief her about it. See, she is taking the 3 a.m. (well, 2 a.m.) phone call. Oh well. If you insist on getting all of your news from this channel, you deserve your ignorance.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Autographahontas.

hillsoftx on May 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

So did she take that autograph back ?

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Serious question: has anyone ever seen Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow together at the same time? I’m told they are two different people but honestly cannot tell the difference.

JeremiahJohnson on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I know that we at Hot Air joke about it, but seriously, they need to change their name from MSNBC to MSDNC.

Come on Comcast, just be honest about it.

Lance Murdock on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

I’m up to my neck in student debt and may die with it around my neck due to the ridiculously high interest rates. Student tuition is a ponzi scam and it’s gone on long enough, it’s good for someone to crack down on this issue that may very well lead to the next economic bubble bursting.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

During the Spurs-Warriors game, I flipped over during the commercial to Christine Hayes’ new show on MSDNC. I could stomach about 30 seconds of him and Rep. Baloney before I had to change the channel. Even Ed Schultz was more watchable than that.

Doughboy on May 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I’m surprised we haven’t seen Tingles and Company make out with their Dem heroes on-air.

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Shark jumping.

Televised every afternoon on the channels of NBC.

MTF on May 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

What’s that smell?

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

And what about this were you unaware of when you signed on the dotted line?

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I had read that Chris Hayes’ lead in at 7pm has very low ratings and has been blamed for bringing even lower the ratings of Maddow and ODonnell. They were all doing better with Special Ed.

I watch Hayes almost every night, certainly over OReally?, because he’s supposed to be the smart one I guess. He certainly is less toxic than the others and its amusing to just see him struggle. I could probably have a beer with him and disagree with everything he says and more importantly, not throw up.

Marcus on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

This is OK but it’s when they disappear under the desk that it gets uncomfortable for me. I hate the sound of Democrats moaning in ecstasy.

NoDonkey on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

O’Donnell said he was a socialist. Naturally he wants mementos from his socialist heroes.

rickv404 on May 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

And what about this were you unaware of when you signed on the dotted line?

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

unaware that the loan had to be paid back ?

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

MSNBC and O’D chose honesty.

Not really. They still claim that they are objective. They chose offensive brazenness in their lies.

At this point, what difference does it make? The left are nothing but despicable, lying scumbags. They just suck at lying, even after all the practice.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

The only way that student tuition will come down is if government gets out of the way of student loans, quits subsidizing and lets the free market work.

Decoski on May 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Only an idiot would get into massive amounts of student debt.

Those University of Phoenix degrees that you have amassed are worth crap.

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Expect nothing less from them

cmsinaz on May 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

1. Get a job. Maybe even two. That’s what people do when they owe money they can’t pay.

2. Cut back on nonessentials and luxuries – what is known by many as “a budget”.

3. Instead of relying on government to take care of everything, why not encourage people to actually think about what they are doing when they take loans for thousands of dollars.

Nah, right? Just ask Mommy Government to fix it all.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

No one cares what you think.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

TARP SARP

antipc on May 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Come on Comcast, just be honest about it.

Lance Murdock on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yeah, but then they would have to change their letterheads…

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Give it time changer

cmsinaz on May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Shameless man-child.

Valkyriepundit on May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Yeah, but then they would have to change their letterheads…

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Why? They’re all illiterates, anyway.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

So did she take that autograph back ?

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I see what you did there.

bigmacdaddy on May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

SHE DIDN’T WRITE THAT BILL!

GarandFan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’m in the mood for love,
simply because you’re near me,
funny but when you’re near me,
I’m in the mood for love.

John the Libertarian on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

And what about this were you unaware of when you signed on the dotted line?

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I did know what I was getting into, but doesn’t mean the whole higher ed thing isn’t some giant ponzi scheme. Everything else (wages, prices)are stagnant or getting lower, banks borrow at less than 1%, why charge unemployed students 7+%?

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I’m trying to figure out why I have to help finance your education, because you chose unwisely. Can you help me out here, deadbeat?

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You need to sue your alma matar.
You’re still a fu€king idiot.

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

It shows how completely out of touch with common sense these idiots are. I don’t know if it should give me hope (because people living in a bubble are usually ill-equipped to defend against change) or if it should depress me.

earlgrey133 on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

The people of MA should be ashamed.

Tater Salad on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

JeremiahJohnson on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I’ve had the same question all along.

earlgrey133 on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

This isn’t as bad as the time Chrissy Matthews threw his tighty whities at Obama on stage.

Kataklysmic on May 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

So who is to blame for all this ?

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Nah, right? Just ask Mommy Government to fix it all.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I have a job, and count my blessings.

I do cut back on nonessentials, pretty much my main entertainment is video games, which is alot cheaper than going to bars.

and my mom actually agreed to pay off a big chunk of my loan, but I still have a ton that will take more than a decade to pay off.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

And what about this were you unaware of when you signed on the dotted line?

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

LOL, geez.

Hep me hep me. I know running with scissors is dangerous, but you will remove it from my eyeball, right? You will because you fix everything else? Right? Right?

It must suck to be you to be this weak, stupid and helpless.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

So…wait.

You racked up massive amounts of student depths on a degree that you don’t use (assuming there’s even a smidgeon of truth regarding you and law school), and somehow that’s a ‘ponzi scheme?’

You really are a moron.

bigmacdaddy on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Go find Michael Barone’s current column on colleges and markets. You got screwed in a bubble. Go complain to your school’s myriad administators–especially those employed to ensure that your student body was diverse. That diversity’s helping you out now, isn’t it?

BuckeyeSam on May 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

why charge unemployed students 7+%?

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

So you’re unemployed? Why not ask your oh so “intelligent” messiah to give you a job? As say, assistant fluffer.

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I see what you did there.

bigmacdaddy on May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

;-) ;-)

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Do you have the same amount of capital as the “big banks”?

Mitoch55 on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I want to buy a boat/car/house/90″ 1080p LED HDTV…why can’t I pay the same interest rate that big banks do, too?

bigmacdaddy on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

;-) ;-)

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Wish I’d thought of it first.

bigmacdaddy on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

how long before rachelmaddow gets on her knees and performs for the prez?

burserker on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Damn, you are stupid.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I have a job, and count my blessings.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Get a second job and quit sponging off your mom. Buy used games. No one needs to go to bars, so don’t feel you’re sacrificing anything and being a hero.

So what if it takes a decade. People who actually pay their mortgages sometimes take 20+ years. Look upon it as an investment in yourself as education is and just accept it.

I’m not sure why you are telling all this to a roomful of hostile people, but seriously time to grow up and get yourself straight financially.

Do you like getting abused here all the time? Seriously? Why???

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

JeremiahJohnson on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Easy. Chris Hayes is Rachel Maddow’s little sister. Any more questions?

MNHawk on May 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

The bank bailout was such a bad precedent that it is difficult to see how anything could possibly be wrong with fauxcahontas’s principle. It’s not even a bailout.

kunegetikos on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

and [sic] my mom actually agreed to pay off a big chunk of my loan, but I still have a ton that will take more than a decade to pay off.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Never mind. Question answered.

Mitoch55 on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

why charge unemployed students 7+%?

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Because YOU agreed to pay it. Pay it.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You’ll pay the interest rate you signed for, dirtbag. Do you know what a contract is? They don’t teach that at Harvard Lawn School?

No wonder your father hates you.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

It must suck to be you to be this weak, stupid and helpless.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

That was unnecessary and I’m sorry, nonpartisan.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

And what about this were you unaware of when you signed on the dotted line?

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

And yet, you couldn’t wait to vote for the idiot who has run the economy into the ground?
Yes we can!
Go cry elsewhere…I didn’t take one cent of financial aid, I just worked my butt off while I was in school.

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

What’s your collateral? Obviously not a law degree.

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

how long before rachelmaddow gets on her knees and performs for the prez mooch ?

burserker on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

:O

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Points and laughs.
You are the perfect liberal.

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I don’t always talk to children deep in debt, in order to get that coveted Poli Sci Degree, but when I do, I ask them to super size my order.

MNHawk on May 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Because YOU agreed to pay it. Pay it.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I am dood, relax. I still think for future students, they should lower tuition interest.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Well, why accept it if it’s too high? I’ve never understood the idea that it’s someone else’s fault when someone accepts terms that later become disagreeable to them (or that Chief Warren must swoop in and save us).

changer1701 on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I thought Head Start was paid by tax payers.

You know Obama took over student loans and raised interest rates as part of the funding mechanism for Obamacare don’t you? from g’ment backed 3% to g’ment owned 6.2%. Own it.

DanMan on May 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Has Ed Schultz got any yet??

Hey Ed, even though Charlie Sheen isn’t a Politcian
(not yet anyway) maybe you could get his…

“you know, I’ve SEEN that Hernia”

ToddPA on May 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Yes we can!

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

lol, if you’re implying I voted for Obama, I didn’t.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Yes we can!

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Not for nothing, but didn’t the govt. take over student loans as a way get ACA to the break even point ?
So they could pass ACA they way they did.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

‘Cuz someone held a gun to your head to make you sign those loans. So, obviously, it’s the banks’ fault. Riiiight?

BTW, the Federal government took over the student loan biz in Obamacare. Government interference is also responsible for education inflation, in large part. Education inflation is higher than healthcare inflation.

Education has been increasing ever since the government got involved in the student loan business and I notice that the Left never complains about Big Ed.

The schools can jack up tuition knowing that they will get their money. The government knows that it will get repaid (or the banks know when we are talking about private student loans) because school loans ARE NOT DISCHARGEABLE IN BANKRUPTCY.

If Big Ed cared about the students, it would lower prices or give more scholarships. Harvard has around $25 billion in its endowment fund. Most private schools have large endowment funds and could provide free education for all of their students for decades, but you’ll notice that those Marxist administrators and professors never suggest that.

It is precisely because of government’s interference in the market that healthcare and education inflation has skyrocketed.

Resist We Much on May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Shouldn’t you be asking to pay the same RISK ADJUSTED rate that big banks do?

Why should YOU get the same rate as a big bank?

blink on May 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM

didn’t the banks get BAILED OUT?

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I think Warren’s new bill is quite right on the mark though.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Did you take the loan under duress? Did someone force you to accept the loan and the debt when you did not want to?

If so, sue them and file criminal charges. Otherwise, pay your debts – just like the rest of us have had to do.

MikeknaJ on May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Because YOU agreed to pay it. Pay it.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

The higher education system is owned by your side.
They are socialist, teach socialism, advocate for socialism right up until that tuition bill comes due, then they believe in the free market system.
Ever feel like you’re being cheated by your own?

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I still think for future students, they should lower tuition interest.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Tell that to those commies and marxist revolutionaries who control the universities. Tell them to lower tuition. Tell them to adjust their over the top salaries and benefits and share the sacrifice.

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

But it’s good to get confirmation that you’re unemployed. I’m sure this doesn’t surprise anyone.

blink on May 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I’m actually employed, thank god.

I was more referring to some of my less fortunate peers.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Instapundit pointed out that John McCain, of all people, launched an assault today right at NBC/Comcast and ABC/Disney.

He introduced a long-overdue a la carte cable channel purchase bill, which will be wildly popular even among evil scum-sucking Democrats. Since McCain isn’t running for anything and doesn’t need the cable oligopoly payoffs, you have to assume he’s serious about this.

About time, I say. Go get ‘em!

MTF on May 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHA…he Didn’t vote for Oblahblah but he just loves him some Oblahblah. Alrighty then.

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Please explain why you think the bill is quite right on the mark.

blink on May 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

because right now, its a tough job market

students graduating are struggling to be employed and many who do get jobs are underemployed

charging a ridiculous interest rate just makes it harder for these people to pay off the loans, and in the long-term will create another crisis of sorts

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

didn’t the banks get BAILED OUT?

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM

So was the bank bailout a good idea or a bad idea ?

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Well, maybe I misunderstood you, NP. I guess you should have read your loan documents before signing them.

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I am dood, relax.

No. You’re whining about your own decisions and claiming that you are entitled to some relief from your stupidity. We don’t even get any relief from your stupidity.

I still think for future students, they should lower tuition interest.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

If future students think the rate is too high then they should not borrow it. They can go to cheaper schools and pay for it themselves.

No one has a “right” to low loan rates. That sort of idiotic and demented thinking is what brought us the credit crisis. You lefties LOVE to pervert the debt markets. Partly it’s because you are mind-numbing idiots and partly it’s because you are jaw-dropping douchebags.

The only reason college costs so much (and the prices are beyond insane) is because you and yours have had government muck around and drive all the prices up – which is the left’s favorite sport. You people have government rain money down to jack up college costs and then you force affirmative action in order to water down those ultra-expensive (but worthless) college degrees.

You people do nothing but raise entropy everywhere you go and in everything you touch.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

“Goooooolllllleeeeey….I dun got me an otograf of a real live Injun!”

olesparkie on May 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Do you have the same amount of capital as the “big banks”?

Mitoch55 on May 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Really. The non-brain numbnut expects a low rate to pay for his skooling or Yugo struggle-buggy as some big time lender gets for borrowing a billion or two (with actual collateral). It must be that fake Harvard edyukayshun kicking in that he’s always bragging about…

viking01 on May 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

nonpartisan needs to learn the definitive of Ponzi scheme.

blink on May 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

He’s filling out the paperwork to get a government loan to study it.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I guess you should have read your loan documents before signing them.

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

The documents were in English . They should have been in Gibberish !

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Yes we can!

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

lol, if you’re implying I voted for Obama, I didn’t.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Liar.
You sure do lick his boots enough.

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I still think for future students, they should lower tuition interest.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I used to think pizza, snacks, and Captain Crunch should be free.
Then I grew up.

viking01 on May 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

“Video: MSNBC hosts now asking Democrats for autographs on air”
…ya gotta admit, that a whole lot more dignified than their previous actions in asking the d-cRAT socialist politicians to drop their pants so they could kiss their butts.

TeaPartyNation on May 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM

7% isn’t a lot.
30%, sure, but not 7%

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

But, but, those tuition assistance lenders are predators! They preyed on the dumbest and, well, the dumbest among us! ///

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

MNHawk that is nicely done.

DanMan on May 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Oh, I’m relaxed. Paid off my loans years ago. Without complaint.
Your beef should be with the actual loan amount and not the interest.
In fact, lower interest rates for student loans will only cause the cost of tuition to go up FASTER. Easy come, easy go.

Jabberwock on May 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM