Video: MSNBC hosts now asking Democrats for autographs on air

posted at 2:41 pm on May 9, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Washington Free Beacon, it used to be that you’d tune into MSNBC to find the host handing a prominent Democrat a check. Now they show restraint, confining themselves to more traditional fanboy behavior. Consider that progress. And look: To repeat a point I’ve made a lot recently, all our side has ever asked of the media, really, is to show its cards. They can call themselves impartial if they act impartial, or they can go on being liberal hacks and cop to it. MSNBC and O’D chose honesty. Wouldn’t you rather watch this guy whitewash yesterday’s Benghazi hearings forthrightly than watch the “objective” LA Times spin the hearings away as some sort of tedious, he-said-she-said battle o’ the partisan talking points?

Speaking of which, take two minutes to read Erik Wemple’s review of what did and didn’t make it into O’Donnell’s Benghazi coverage last night about Hillary Clinton. If you’re a loyal MSNBC viewer who missed Greg Hicks’s testimony as it happened, you’re well informed this morning that the big revelation yesterday wasn’t this but rather … Hicks calling Hillary at 2 a.m. on the night of the attack to brief her about it. See, she is taking the 3 a.m. (well, 2 a.m.) phone call. Oh well. If you insist on getting all of your news from this channel, you deserve your ignorance.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m actually employed, thank god.

I was more referring to some of my less fortunate peers.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

As a lawyer.

RickB on May 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM

American Indians, like Elizabeth Warren, should get free college tuition.

And free materials for their wigwams and teepees.

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

lol, if you’re implying I voted for Obama, I didn’t.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Why are you here telling hostile people things you know will result in abuse being hurled at you?

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

The documents were in English . They should have been in Gibberish !

burrata on May 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

In Austrian!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You get heap big wampum on ebay for Chief Warren quill-mark I hear.

slickwillie2001 on May 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I’m sure he’ll place it in his collection display right next to the one from Stalin.

Opposite Day on May 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

my mom actually agreed to pay off a big chunk of my loan, but I still have a ton that will take more than a decade to pay off.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I want a mom like yours, she lets you live in her basement AND agrees to pay your student loan off?

And the progressive educational institutions’ motives are noble. This way thay can afford to pay partially for your sex change operation.

See? Win-Win :)

NapaConservative on May 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Do the Tsarnaev (Boston bomber) brothers have student debt?

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I’m actually employed, thank god.

I was more referring to some of my less fortunate peers.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Is this Sandra Fluke?
Get off your back, honey!

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

As I recall, Hahvahd has a couple of pennies in an endowment to rub together. Why not ask your alma mater to waive the cost of your loan, nonpartisan? Surely, with the stellar arguments you daily display, Hahvahd would be happy to help out someone who demonstrates the full value of their esteemed educational process–especially to one who represents their full value spectrum.

Vanceone on May 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

It’s not your father’s Hahvahd anymore.

NapaConservative on May 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Elizabeth Warren sticks her head to the ground and says , “Buffalo Come.”

“How do you know buffalo come?”

“Ear sticky” – Elizabeth Warren

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Lol.

Hey nonpartisan, here’s a breakthrough for you: Harvard charged you so much because it had to pay Fauxcahontas Warren over half a million dollars annually to “teach” students like you marketable skills that would help you land a good job.

And Fauxcahontas did such a good job of teaching you that now no one will hire you, because thanks to her, you have no useful or marketable skills and aren’t worth it.

Seems the person who shafted you is Fauxcahontas, aided and abetted by your university. So why don’t you blame HER for cheating you and scream that she doesn’t deserve her salary, b/c clearly your lack of education is hers and Harvard’s fault?

northdallasthirty on May 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

The conduct of MSLSD “hosts” reminds me of the crude little song by Frank Zappa about groupies named “Crew Slut.”

viking01 on May 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

What’s that smell?

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Political hack fanboy’s butt plug is leaking…

Seven Percent Solution on May 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I don’t take the ‘attacks’ personally. I find most of them quite funny actually, I find conservatives have a pretty good sense of humor that I connect with.

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Elizabeth Warren sticks her head to the ground and says , “Buffalo Come.”

“How do you know buffalo come?”

“Ear sticky” – Elizabeth Warren

sentinelrules on May 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Lmao!

HornetSting on May 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Since this is now about tuition, how about the universities stop charging exorbitant tuition period. They do it because of tenured liberal hack job profs need their six figure pensions.

I guess the markets bear that out too, we’ll have to stop sending our kids to college…or do what several people are doing now, sending their kids to community college to get all of the 101 courses out of the way, and then finishing their degree at the state univ.

kirkill on May 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

In nonpartisan’s defense, bulgarian underwater basket weaving majors are predicted to have a substancial upswing in job opportunities in the near future.

NapaConservative on May 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

did you catch that at the end? “Ah, your mouth to god’s ears” and she was either referring to herself or King Zer0 as god…SICK SICK SICK people.

kirkill on May 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

kirkill on May 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That’s only part of the reason. The other is that student loans are so easy to get. Easy money begets higher rates and higher prices.

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I’m actually employed, thank god.

Hold up a second there bucko, I thought you didn’t believe in that imaginary myth. Shouldn’t you be like thanking your messiah POS POTUS?

BeachBum on May 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Okay, fair enough. Thanks for the answer.

kim roy on May 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

lol, if you’re implying I voted for Obama, I didn’t.
nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I bet Roseanne Barr really appreciates your support.

LegendHasIt on May 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Her bill is awful, nonsensical, populist tripe.

theperfecteconomist on May 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

…and Sheryl Atkinson is engaging in “advocacy.”

Akzed on May 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Ed, Allah, and the rest of the HA crew:

It’s time to stop linking to anything that brings revenue to NBC.

See Ace’s post. Let’s take NBC down.

Bat Chain Puller on May 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

viking01 on May 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Reminds me of The Mudshark.

Akzed on May 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Wow. Public servants or celebrities? As public servants, their net worth should be public knowledge. They should all be addressed as “public servant, Elizabeth Warren, net worth…”

Then we can all see how much public service is very, very good to them.

ndanielson on May 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

She just beamed with delight at the request for her “signature” didn’t she? Wow.

ndanielson on May 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Wow. There are no words.

Autographahontas.

hillsoftx on May 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Except that one.

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I’m trying to figure out why I have to help finance your education, because you chose unwisely. Can you help me out here, deadbeat?

HiJack on May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

I’m asking that I pay the same interest rate to borrow that big banks do

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Because you’re not too big to fail.

Are you sure you’re older than 13? Demanding to be allowed to pay the same interest rate as huge banks that the government has essentially agreed to bail out if they act unwisely is just ridiculous. Student loans are defaulted on more often than almost any other kind of loan, so naturally the interest rate will be higher. Frankly, if not for government intervention, you would probably be paying a rate 2 or 3 times as high.

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Then we can all see how much public service is very, very good to them.

ndanielson on May 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM

The “public servant” thing has always been BS.

Warren is a scam artist.

She flipped foreclosed homes during the peak of the recession.

tetriskid on May 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Ed, Allah, and the rest of the HA crew:

It’s time to stop linking to anything that brings revenue to NBC.

See Ace’s post. Let’s take NBC down.

Bat Chain Puller on May 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Here’s one answer: John McCain Wants To Blow Up The Cable Industry As We Currently Know It

slickwillie2001 on May 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Will the NVA take him back?

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

She should have signed a tomahawk for him, then imbedded it in his skull.

Yeah, I know she’s not really enough of a Cherokee to do that, but it would have made for compelling television.

Adjoran on May 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

MSNBC hosts now asking Democrats for autographs on air

How do you tell which is which?

BTW, that’s a rhetorical question… I really don’t care.

Marcola on May 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Adjoran on May 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Perfect!

maryo on May 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I don’t know what you’re complaining about here Allah. I clearly remember Cronkite and Huntley and Brinkley doing that very same kind of slobbering to guests on their news shows back in the day. MacNeil and Lehrer too.

Now . . . time for another roof hit.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

dissent555 on May 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

No surprise here..

name a MSNBC host who hasn’t tongue bathed the nearest progressive @ss on air since the network of sick came on air?

The only people who think Obama is a conservative and not crazy left enough.

mark81150 on May 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I’m not asking for a handout from you

nonpartisan on May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

You’re right.

You vote for candidates who will send men with badges and guns to our homes to take your handout from us.

To ask would be illiberal.

Alberta_Patriot on May 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM

How totally nauseating. Brown-nosing s***bag.

sage0925 on May 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

How do you spell “whampum” in Cherokee?

oldroy on May 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

She should have signed a tomahawk for him, then imbedded it in his skull.

Adjoran on May 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I have at least as much Cherokee in me as Lizzy. I don’t think Cherokees used tomahawks you racist bigot. But if they did, just the mere fact that I think I might have 1/64th Cherokee in me and I’ve accused you of bigotry means you are a bigot. Sorry, but that is the standard of the day.

oldroy on May 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM