Video [fixed]: Late-term abortionist says “It’s like putting meat in a crock pot”

posted at 8:41 am on May 8, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Not just any late-term abortionist, either, but LeRoy Carhart, one of the most celebrated of his profession.  Carhart has been featured in pro-abortion literature and film and appeared on television — or at least he used to make those appearances, until a woman died after one of his abortions earlier this year.  Live Action sent two undercover reporters into Carhart’s clinic.  Both were told that the baby would be killed within the womb and left there for two or three days, which would make the baby like “meat in a crock pot.”

From the detailed Live Action report on their Carhart investigation:

He casually described the abortion as a “shot into the fetus” to ensure that “[i]t’ll be dead for two days before you deliver it.” He told her the injection also causes the baby to “[get] soft, like mushy [makes squishing sound], so you push it through… so it’s like putting meat in a crock pot.” If this method is unsuccessful, he would  have to remove the baby “in pieces,” using, he joked, “a pickaxe, a drill bit.”

Both investigators asked if Carhart’s abortions “hurt” the babies. He replied by arbitrarily inventing his own parameters for when a fetus feels pain. “so, after about two to three weeks after birth… I think then they have pretty good knowledge of pain, but before that I’m not so sure that they do.” In fact, there is wide consensus in the scientific community that babies feel acute pain by 20 weeks of gestation.

Carhart wasn’t exactly honest about the risk of his procedure, either:

Finally, Carhart blatantly lied to both our investigators about the danger of his abortions, coercing his patients into a risky procedure. “I’ve never had to send anybody to the hospital.” Less than a year before, his staff were forced to call 911 after he injured a woman in an abortion. Our second investigator asked Carhart if she should call an ambulance if she goes into labor in her hotel room. With callous disregard for her safety, Carhart replied, “…don’t call 911… you’re gonna be within 10 minutes or 15 minutes of a clinic, just get in the car. Call me.”

Just six weeks earlier, he had ignored his patient Jennifer Morbelli’s attempts to contact him before she went into cardiac arrest and died at the local hospital. More injuries probably remain undocumented, as Carhart instructs his patients, “If you feel that something is wrong and you need to be seen do not go to the ER, call and we will meet you at the clinic.” He would rather endanger his patients than reveal his malpractice to emergency physicians. Carhart also told our investigator, “[T]he risks at… 36 weeks doing an abortion are still about
less than 10% what they are with childbirth.” Actually, abortions after 20 weeks result in 6 times more maternal deaths than childbirth.

Yes, but that information might interfere with Carhart’s cash flow, and his celebrity status.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

To the core, and most of us are asleep at the wheel while the “progressives” have taken over every industry that programs young people i.e., media and education. Something drastic will have to happen to wake people up, and when it does it won’t be pretty. Until then “progressives” keep progressing which is really not progress or in actuality regressing.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

At this point I’m not sure what that “drastic” thing has to be. We have a doctor who snipped the spines of babies and kept their parts in jars, and not only did it not warrant much national attention, the jury somehow still hasn’t decided that yes, these were bad things. We’ve dehumanized ourselves to the point where someone can refer to them as meat in a crockpot…I just don’t see how we recover.

changer1701 on May 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yoo-hoo! Wherefore art thou, nonpartisan?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

How can a soul be so vacant as to even utter those words? This is a bona-fide sociopath serial killer.

tdarrington on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I was born in 1958 — before there was a space program.

I used to be very liberal.

Then reality set in.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I thought perhaps you were closer to my age. You were about six when Goldwater ran for office. I was six years old when Reagan won re-election. :)

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Youngin’…LOL

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

We’ve dehumanized ourselves to the point where someone can refer to [aborted babies] as meat in a crockpot…I just don’t see how we recover.

changer1701 on May 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I’m sorry, but I just have to do this…

“Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore, and the breasts which never nursed!’ Then they will begin to say to the mountains, ‘fall on us!’ and to the hills, ‘cover us!’ For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?”

I can’t help but wonder if that passage from the gospel of Luke was actually a prophecy concerning modern abortion.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

We used get, in school, Weekly Reader. It was a thin newspaper for kids.

They had articles about video telephones and clothes made of paper — all ‘futuristic’. Most of those ideas soon went by the wayside at the time. LOL

Look where we are now!

But liberals — they are forever stuck in the 19th Century. Yet they dare call themselves ‘progressive’?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

We used get, in school, Weekly Reader. It was a thin newspaper for kids.

Look where we are now!

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

They still did Weekly Reader for the first few years I was in elementary school in the 1980′s. By the time I left grammar school for middle school, it was gone.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Might well be.

My former sister-in-law had an abortion at 16. Later, when she married an wanted children, she was no longer able. She and her husband spent tens of thousands of dollars in hops, but they were resigned to take in foster children so she could be a mom.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I loved Weekly Reader. Much was about the UN, but I didn’t grasp or care about politics back then.

It was a great thing for kids. If it’s gone now, I consider it a loss.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Goldwater became libertarian. This alienated a lot of people.

Getting emotional about the unborn like most of you do is very admirable but misplaced. And the emotional aspect generates a lot of heat but almost no truth.

I have a challenge for all you pro-life folks.

Now start spinning and making excuses to yourself on why you will not do it.

And you people who knocked Goldwater. Right, he sure wasn’t perfect.

We have been blessed with the perfect Governor Palin, President Reagan and Rushbo since then. They have no faults. Right.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

tdarrington on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

How do we know that abortionists like Tiller and Gosnell and Carhart aren’t driven by the same mental defects that drove Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer? They could be plain old serial killers that have found a marginally-legal way to get away with their vice.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

AMA is a left wing lobbying organization funded by doctors, nothing more.

tdarrington on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

As is the ABA, which I have never joined…and never will.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ooopps. You might be sick or too old for a new baby. Well, tske your checkbook and make the same offer and run an ad for a family to adopt it.

Just be careful since if the kid isn’t perfect, you are going to be looking for a little bit. Get loans to market the new baby.

See? So easy to be pro-life.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Now start spinning and making excuses to yourself on why you will not do it.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Nice try.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

some people are smart enough to visualize the mess of a country we would have if all the kids were born and we had the same idiots running the government.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

You should really read my post linked above and focus on the population problems in it. If you think abortion is groovy, then I hope that you are too dependent on Social Security, Medicare and other government programmes, because you will learn what I mean by ‘Suicide-by-Demographics.’

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You miss the 800 pound gorilla in the room in your post, which Roe v. Wade. Without that awful ruling the abortion debate would not be what it is today because each state would have decided the issue for themselves. Furthermore, abortion clinics probably would not be treated like holy ground and undergo the same inspections any other healthcare facility does.

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

<blockquote>Go to an abortion clinic with your checkbook. Ask the clients how much they want to have the child to carry it to term let you adopt it. Free market solution.

Now start spinning and making excuses to yourself on why you will not do it.

And you people who knocked Goldwater. Right, he sure wasn’t perfect.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

And you called me stupid. We have that “free marked solution already;” it is called private adoption. You can’t just “offer” someone money for their child. It has to be done through proper legal channels or it is baby selling.

More than 100,000 couples a year want to adopt babies and yet only 25,000 are put up for adoption– quite the disparity. Most of us(like me) would adopt if it wasn’t so onerous and expensive. You have to ask yourself why it is cheaper to kill a baby than adopt one..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Now start spinning and making excuses to yourself on why you will not do it.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Buying and selling children is illegal in all 50 states, dumbshit. I paid my dues in high school when I volunteered at a crisis pregnancy center that did adoption referrals, but as easy as government makes abortion, it makes adoption unnecessarily difficult in many cases.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I do think we need paid, professional and qualified independent inspectors to watch these clinics for the rights of both the mom and unborn.

What goes on in those places is obviously too important to leave to guys like the one described above.

Moreover, as I posted earlier, we sent the Marathon Bomber a dang Magistrate and the free counsel.

And I still don’t see why it was racist for whomever to observe that a penurious mom tends to have kids who are poor at least in their childhood.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep, and that is the most idiotic argument against abortion. You can’t be prolife unless you adopt all the unwanted kids… Does that mean I can’t be anti-child abuse if I don’t adopt all the abused children? Does that mean that I can’t be against domestic violence if I don’t support all the spouses who have been displaced as a result of leaving their husbands because of it. Does it mean I can’t be against slavery if I don’t want to support a former slave?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Democrats (the party of Death) will defend his actions as being humanitarian.

kirkill on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Democrats (the party of Death) will defend his actions as being humanitarian.

kirkill on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

It ain’t just Dems. Libertarians will say the same thing, and sometimes even louder and more shamelessly.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Selling kids? No. You are hiring her as a surrogate mom.

You can legally structure it, I am sure.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Exactly, every first world nation is suffering because they do not have the young population of taxpayers to support the older dependents. None of our first world countries are even replacing themselves. I think the United States is just over 2.1 kids per couple unless it has gone down again. All of Europe is under 2..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Selling kids? No. You are hiring her as a surrogate mom.

You can legally structure it, I am sure.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Not in my home state you can’t. I think you’re just blowing smoke out of your ass and up mine.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Selling kids? No. You are hiring her as a surrogate mom.

You can legally structure it, I am sure.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

/facepalm.. Surrogacy involves one or both of the custodial parents being the bio parents. Surrogacy just means that the woman donates her eggs and carries the babies.

You cannot just go offer money to someone for their baby..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

They are different situations and we have a legal system which has mulled your issues.

And abolitionists did buy slaves and free them.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Selling kids? No. You are hiring her as a surrogate mom.

You can legally structure it, I am sure.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It’s a little early to be hitting the bottle.

katy the mean old lady on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I am certain that the idea could be legally structured.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Where did you get your law degree?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

And abolitionists did buy slaves and free them.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Yes, and prolife people adopt babies, so what is your point?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Facepalm and eyeroll. See? I cane be childish, too.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I am certain that the idea could be legally structured.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Now we’ve entered argument-by-assertion territory here. Find me a state where this is possible and explain to me how, and we’ll continue this debate. Until then, I’ll leave you alone to your Goldwater worship.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Where did you get your law degree?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Where did you get yours?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Much of it out of self interest and decades of overpopulation scare. Kids get in the way, are time consuming to care for and are expensive. Money and time better spent on oneself. And liberals doing their part in not contributing personally to world overpopulation concerns.

Besides, Muslims are more than happy to fill the population vacuum where ever they immigrate. As are many of our third world immigrants here as well.

hawkeye54 on May 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Where did you get your law degree?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Where did you get yours, Butch? You’re certain it’s possible, but you can’t explain to me where or how? Heh.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Late-term abortionist says “It’s like putting meat in a crock pot

I hope one day, former late-term abortionist’s cell mate says the same about him.

HornetSting on May 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

These monsters are just serial killers who’ve found a loophole.

29Victor on May 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Must have been Lawschools R Us if she/he thinks that it is legal to walk into an abortion clinic and offer someone money for their baby..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

This ghoul is a vivid example of what the ‘women’s right to choose’ racket is enabling in this country. I think it should be made into an advertisement and played over and over again ad nauseum everywhere until it sinks into the consciousness of everyone the levels of depravity to which the Left has sunk this country. But God help me, I wish I had not watched it.

winfield on May 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

The point is that it is sooooooo easy to get all moral with ugly facts.

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

I have a sister who is a violent and protesting pro-lifer.

She and her spouse are strangely absent for foster kids, older relatives in need and many others.

Guess who does about 50X as much for the needy?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

About 3 years ago, I donated to a pro-life group online. Carhart’s Hitler Youth wannabees got ahold of the group’s mailing list and started sending handwritten letters to those who had donated.
I know-because I got one. The postmark was out of CA. It was a paragraph or so of some babykiller(she had an abortion @ 13 that she was oh so proud of)extolling all that Carhart had ‘done for women.’ She also said that to counter-act my donation to the pro-life group, she was making a donation to Carhart.

This people are effing EVIL!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Correction:

You should really read my post linked above and focus on the population problems in it. If you think abortion is groovy, then I hope that you are NOT too dependent on Social Security, Medicare and other government programmes, because you will learn what I mean by ‘Suicide-by-Demographics.’

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM

It’s not just Europe either…

When It Comes To Abortion, Progressives Can Be Counted On To Fully Reveal Their Racism And Ignorance

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Facepalm and eyeroll. See? I cane be childish, too.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

That was never in question.. You started out childish with me from the get go:

I am so happy. You do so well I thought you weren’t human.

This post is world class dumb.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

The point is that it is sooooooo easy to get all moral with ugly facts.

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

I have a sister who is a violent and protesting pro-lifer.

Guess who does about 50X as much for the needy?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Ahhh, you have a personal beef with your sister. Now I get it.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 10:50 AM

First, I’m not in Domestic Law and never have been. you spin like a top, though but still look a little weak since you are dodging the real issue.

School? Duquesne University. Jesuit Catholic school. No go check any of the numerous organizations who have parenting operations galore.

I know good Catholic guys are around who can help you with the checkbook offer. And they love the unborn.

You will not bring the checkbook.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

The point is that it is sooooooo easy to get all moral with ugly facts.

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

I have a sister who is a violent and protesting pro-lifer.

Guess who does about 50X as much for the needy?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

So what? How does this relate in any way shape or form with comparing a dead baby in its mother’s womb to meat in a crock pot? I’m sorry if it seems terse, but you have no idea what I’ve done for the cause. You don’t know me! I don’t know what you’ve done for the cause, either. What kind of person you are is between you and whatever god you worship, if indeed you even choose to do so.

I do know what Barry Goldwater, as a public figure, did for the pro-life cause: he harmed it. Now, if you want to debate that point, I can go for about another hour from now until I have to jet off to work. But don’t cloud the issue by asking me what I’m doing for the cause. I’m doing everything I reasonably can. As far as this particular post is concerned, I find Carhart’s behavior absolutely repugnant. Repulsive. Sickening. That right there should be enough to qualify me as “adequately human.”

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Now were did you experts go to law school?

I have to go to work.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Evil.

Dude uses the word “baby” instead of “fetus”.
He has gone past the denial stage (“I only remove fetuses”) and fully accepts that he is “cooking” babies.

His statements should be evidence for prosecution as a murderer.

connertown on May 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Here’s the problem with Goldwater logic… if you can’t even get the easy issue of whether murder is right or wrong, how in the world can you be trusted on more difficult issues?

Cute pontification though. I’m sure you think yourself wise, but the rest of us…

dominigan on May 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

WHAT?! WTF is that? Who is dodging the real issue? I think you have some sister issues, Goldwater worshipper. Sounds like time for some family counselling.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I’ve often wondered about pro-choicers who CLAIM they want abortion to be rare, and never stroll into clinics with THEIR checkbooks in hand.
Supposedly that’s the proof of sincerity, right ?

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I passed more than one Bar and I have a ‘beef’ with hypocrites.

I raised kids as a single parent. I took care of a sick mom for 11 years.

Wanna talk about my PTSD and service record?

I gotta go.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Supposedly that’s the proof of sincerity, right ?

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Meh. I think you and I both know that many pro-choicers lie when they say that.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Slightly off-topic – a number of local radio show hosts who I know are liberal / pro-choice, went on rants recently about Jimmy Connors new book and how horrible it is that he wrote about Chris Evert having an abortion while they were dating. (aside – the radio hosts in question weren’t political talk show hosts, one was a morning guy and the other a sports guy, but they discuss political issues enough that I know they are very liberal and pro-choice).

Now, I think writing about something like that about someone else is definitely caddish. But, why the outrage from lefties? I never hear them outraged when a tell-all book tells about affairs, etc. And, to hear lefties tell it, abortion is just a simple medical operation like removing a wart.

thus, why would people knowing about you having an abortion be so terrible?

the reality is, that subconsciously, they know abortion is wrong and that people don’t want others to know they had an abortion. Which proves the point of pro-lifers.

Yes, there are a few deranged woman out there who celebrate their abortions and are proud of their abortions. The vast majority of women, however, are ashamed and feel guilt over their abortions and don’t want anyone to know about the abortions.

If it is not a life and is the moral equivalent of removing a wart, why would this be? And why would other people feel outrage that someone was “outed” for having an abortion?

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I passed more than one Bar and I have a ‘beef’ with hypocrites.

So do I, Goldwater worshipper. So do I.

I raised kids as a single parent. I took care of a sick mom for 11 years.

Well if that’s not absolute moral authority, I don’t know what is!

Wanna talk about my PTSD and service record?

Not really, as it has nothing to do with comparing a dead baby to crock pottage.

I gotta go.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I guess you don’t wanna discuss your PTSD and service record either. Just as well. Have a nice day, Goldwater worshipper.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Where are all the trolls to defend this guy?

Didn’t they tell us Gosnell is just an aberration?

Well, what about this guy? Where are all the trolls?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Because even the utilitarians know better. It is a life, and there are self-evident moral implications in snuffing it out. Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Well, what about this guy? Where are all the trolls?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

The Goldwater worshipper didn’t count?

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

You will not bring the checkbook.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

And yet all that schooling, and you don’t realize that there is a natural right to life. Yes, I don’t have a law degree; I never said I did. I do have a bachelors degree and am a lowly paralegal in family law practice.

How do you know what I have and haven’t done with my life “helping the unborn?” How do you know if I have adopted any children or fostered any? I don’t have to tout private policies to be against killing a human being.

How many abortions have you paid for- prochoicer?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

The point is that it is sooooooo easy to get all moral with ugly facts.

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

I have a sister who is a violent and protesting pro-lifer.

Guess who does about 50X as much for the needy?

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

First, plenty of studies show that religious/conservative people give much more time and money to charity than non-religions, non-conservative people. So, your anecdotal evidence notwithstanding, what is your point?

Second, you seem to be arguing that if person A isn’t christian enough for you, than it is o.k. to kill a child? Is that your point? If not, what exactly is your point?

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

No kidding.
they don’t even mean the SAFE part.
Where the H is NOW ??
Merely rhetorical question, of course.
My heart hurts.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Self-righteous BS is sooo easy to spot, and you reveal ooodles of it with your very first words, each and every time.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

The job is easier when there’s fewer of them to keep safe:

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, a longtime supporter of Planned Parenthood who once dined with late-term abortionist George Tiller in the Kansas mansion while governor of the state, said on Tuesday “keeping children safe” is society’s “most fundamental task.”

davidk on May 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have said it before, and it bears repeating.

Pro-life is not the exclusive domain of Christianity, or Judaism, or even theism. There are pro-life atheists, agnostics, and gnostics. A belief in God, or even a god, is not necessary for a belief in the basic intrinsic dignity of human life.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

If it will save one life…

Aw shit. Wrong talking point for this debate!

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

How many abortions have you paid for- prochoicer?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I know plenty of attorneys who are not that bright. Even attorneys that went to top ranked law schools. Graduating from law school and even passing the bar are not indicators of great intelligence.

As far as adopting and fostering – that has nothing to do with anything. It is a straw-man and red herring designed to change the conversation. Nothing more. The argument that because person X doesn’t adopt it is o.k. to kill person Y is pretty stupid – demonstrating my previous point about lawyers and intelligence.

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I raised kids as a single parent. I took care of a sick mom for 11 years.

I could say something really snotty and snarky, but I won’t..I just find it funny that your a touting your “single parenthood” all the while praising other women for getting rid of their children in lieu of single parenthood..

I passed more than one Bar and I have a ‘beef’ with hypocrites.

Pot meet kettle..

Wanna talk about my PTSD and service record?

Yeah because a service record and PTSD is so rare now a days. Wanna talk about my auto-immune disease and my bunions?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

davidk on May 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sebelius did more than ‘dine’ with Tiller the Killer-she was his patron.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I have said it before, and it bears repeating.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Yep, I am a prolife agnostic.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I think I’m going to be sick..

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green [1] pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest [2] my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

I can’t watch any more of these..

Here in town, there is a Little Angels plot in the cemetary.. if you’ve ever seen one, it stays with you forever. Small stones, set so very very close together..

The only relief I can think of..

I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

not me.. them.

and what kind of judgment awaits him?.. better to not know,. I’m sickened by these murderous sons o b1tches, by the people who defend them.. and the apathetic who just don’t care as long as their lives aren’t inconvenienced..

When did so many become so subhuman among us.. God be with those babies..

mark81150 on May 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I’ll never be able to use a Crockpot again.

TeaTrekkie on May 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I find bunions fascinating. Talk away!/

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

changer1701 on May 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

~~~~~~~~~

I couldn’t agree more. This “doctor” could have used less repulsive language to describe this, but you know he LIKES to compare a human baby to, my God, “meat in a crockpot”…imagine this ghoul around an actual, living baby? And are the reporters who do this actually pregnant? Because I couldn’t imagine being in this sick murderers’ presence while actually carrying a baby…makes my skin crawl.

ellifint on May 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I’m to the point where I almost cannot handle any more of this horror.

I’m to the point where I dread every one of these stories on HotAir.

And yet I read them. I have to. If I can’t face this truth – how am I supposed to expect anyone else to?

But my heart is literally breaking over all this.

And I keep asking: WHY? Why is this still allowed? WHY would anyone do this? Why hasn’t someone put a stop to it?

Most importantly: what can *I* do to stop it?

I can’t say any more without crossing some “red lines” – but I really don’t understand why SOMEBODY doesn’t put a stop to it all.

Professor Blather on May 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

The Goldwater worshipper didn’t count?

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

No, because he isn’t a troll. I have read him a long time, and there’s nothing liberal about him.

I want the REAL trolls, those who laughed at us when we grieved about Sandy Hook Elementary School.

I want them to come in here and defend this guy. Like nonpartisan has, to get Gosnell off the hook. nonpartisan wanted all such such threads stopped, calling them boring in one way or other.

Well, we have another instance of the horror of abortion. I want to see the trolls defend this guy.

“Meat in a crock pot”?

I want nonpartisan to defend this.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Yah I’m thinking pot-roast night is canceled at my place for a while, I’ll have to stick to tater tot hotdish and some good collard greens.

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Professor Blather on May 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I am with you on every point…

Prayers have not been effective, but I do ‘fight’ on other levels, so there is that.

Someone WILL come forth and finally put an end to this atrocity.

Scrumpy on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Do a Moochie, and get yourself some lobster.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I have said it before, and it bears repeating.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

and we welcome you..

you’ll forgive me, if it should prove you’re incorrect about God, that we ask him for you to join us in Heaven, good souls count,.. and you can have a generous heart, and be welcomed.

mark81150 on May 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Someone WILL come forth and finally put an end to this atrocity.

Scrumpy on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

And His name is Yeshua.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

You do not know what you are talking about. Many, many pro-life people do adopt and foster care children from homes the left hopes would have been aborted in the first place. They have second families with adopted children and they put pressure on their own natural born families to do this. You really do not know what you are talking about.

Oh by the way, enlightened Western Europe will not touch abortion after the first trimester. You have to go before a multi-panel medical board to have a late term abortion approved. Blame the pro-lifers, “Iliked,” when the late-term abortionist superstar says “its like putting meat in a crock pot.” Ghoul.

mwbri on May 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Now this I did not know. If this statistic is solid, then it kind of blows the whole health-of-the-mother/saving-the-mother’s-life argument for abortion out of the water, doesn’t it?

Aitch748 on May 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

You know, even when I used to be liberal and in favor of abortion, the last thing I would have said is, “Meat in a crock pot.”

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I really need to express my admiration for Lila Rose, the LiveAction crew, and ESPECIALLY this wired actress who manages to keep her cool, and ‘on point’ while hearing this sh!t pouring out of this man’s pie-hole !!
I probably would’ve piuked all over his desk !!!
May God bless them all.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Yeah, mere disagreement isn’t trolling.
But I wonder why he had to make the arguments he did. Just because a thread might be troll-free doesn’t make it a bad one.

22044 on May 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I think all women/teens whatever should be summarily executed after having an abortion. There is no solid proof they feel pain anyway. Just like putting a slab of bread in a toaster. Zap and be done with it, into the hole in the ground and so much better for the job market.Think of all the jobs it would create! Not to mention that a sparser population means less unemployment.

long_cat on May 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

long_cat on May 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

The extension of this argument that we should be happy for abortion because it gets rid of unwanted low income children would be then why don’t we extend it to EVERY dependent person. How about an elderly person solely dependent on social security and medicare? Disabled, yeah you are gone as well.

When we start putting a monetary value on life; the people who are all for this might end up on the cheap end..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Professor Blather on May 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I am with you on every point…

Someone WILL come forth and finally put an end to this atrocity.

Scrumpy on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I have exactly zero doubt that in future centuries, the American abortion industry will be considered exactly the moral equivalent of the Atlantic slave trade and the Holocaust of the Second World War.

What makes me feel so ashamed is that, assuming history proves me right … doesn’t that make me one of the “good Germans” of 1940′s Europe … who may have done no wrong, may have even opposed what was happening … but did nothing to actively stop the killing?

Doesn’t that make me exactly the same?

I think in the end, selfishly, what I’m feeling most is my own shame at my own inaction.

I think to our grandchildren’s grandchildren, we’re all going to be complicit. They’ll marvel at our cowardice. And they’ll be right.

History is going to judge us harshly.

Professor Blather on May 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yeah, mere disagreement isn’t trolling.

22044 on May 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

nonpartisan a liberal, a total failure from the get-go of his liberalism.

All the trolls are bad enough, but at least they are up-front about it. A short list, if you please…

HAL: Just his moniker tells where he stands. Like him or not, he’s honest in that regard.

libfreeordie: Again, a clear liberal who boasts about it. Can’t argue there.

As for nonpartisan…I find it impossible to respect a man, especially when he’s an A-hole, who likes to duck and cover all the time.

I mean, if you’re liberal, say so! We can work from there.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

My sister (a Christian) and her husband (also a Christian) came to know a teen over 15 years ago who was ejected from her home by her liberal parents at the age of 16 when she refused to kill her unborn child. They not only adopted her first child but also her second. During this time, they not only maintained a relationship with her, but helped her out financially… paying part of her apartment rent and college payments. She graduated with an Associates degree, is self-supporting with a good job. And has now had her third child and kept her herself. I’ve met her several times. She is a friendly responsible lady now, and her child is wonderful! She comes to our family Christmases at my mom & dads, and we welcome her as our own family.

My cousin (a Christian), several years ago, felt a calling to start a disaster relief organization that operated through churches. It went into effect a few months before Katrina. He quit his full-time job with Chase as a network security guy to work part-time so he could run the organization. Over the next two years, he personally organized over a 1,000 people from the central Columbus area to go down and help with distribution of food and supplies, and tear out and rebuild homes that were flooded. I went down on the week after Katrina and worked with water, food and bleach distribution. Contrary to the news, the churches, organized by Christians like my cousin handled the VAST majority of the work (> 90%). I know… I saw first hand.

An older guy in our church (very strong Christian) worked on the assembly line at Honda on night shift, but took in really bad off teens and counselled them (he had a degree he had gotten on his own). One extreme case was saved, and she testified in church as to how Len’s kindness in taking her in off the street changed her life, and that she no longer was a heroin user or cutter.

Me? I worked for years with teens from broken homes in an after-school program at our church. One guy in particular stuck out… a football jock in high-school who had disconnected himself from his family. During one lesson, we pointed out how many times we treat complete strangers better than we do our own family and challenged them to be better. He came back the next week to tell of how he took that to heart and started treating his family better. His tears flowed as he told of how his little sister commented on his change and how she loved it that he now played with her again.

Also, the simple metal flatbed trailer I had bought to haul things turned into a ministry in itself. I parked it at the church and gave church members permission to use it as needed, for anything God led them to do. The most prominent usage was for the homeless families we hosted, when they received assistance for an apartment… they had no furniture. My trailer was a ministry for picking up used furniture from church members to furnish these families apartments so they could start a new life. I know of at least a dozen families that benefited.

I work alongside a woman who is an excellent project manager. Our project (to provide care transitions for Medicare people discharged from hospitals) would suffer without her. In her spare time, she helps run a charity finding homes for abandoned pets. She lives because her mother (a Christian) adopted her.

Do you want me to go on? I have dozens more examples.

But what have you done with your life to make a difference for those in need, that has made you such an “expert” in judging Christian fruits?

dominigan on May 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You’re going to eat “tots”? Seriously?

You savage!

connertown on May 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don’t see any comments yet from the resident Disciples of Moloch.

I guess they’re sleeping in.

CurtZHP on May 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You’re going to eat “tots”? Seriously?

You savage!

connertown on May 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

You have to be one sick SOB to find a pun that I missed. I love puns.

You sick demented b*stard!

*hat tip*

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Wanna talk about my PTSD and service record?

some of us were there a long time ago,.. ground zero at a near broken arrow incident.. which never made the papers. Kicked into overdrive, 9 years ago on the 7th of June. Nightmares are not exclusive to you..

and

we are caring for the nieces and nephews of two single mom sis in laws.. my wife and I will not skip that burden though many think we’re nuts for doing it.. and my sis in laws made mistakes, but chose life instead for the children who share our hearth, our table..

Don’t you DARE tell me, they were unworthy of life, should their mom’s have decided that..

Don’t wave the martyred pro-choicer flag here and claim only you walk the walk.. sacrifice is the burden of the good and decent, never exclusive to just one person,.. we all bear our own trials, all help when we can, as much as we can..

what makes you unique?

and who on the pro-death side, is morally perfect?.. I would say none, just as there are none among us.. all sinners.. but to still be for unlimited abortion after seeing this.. after Gosnel, takes a special kind of deep denial of what you support.

mark81150 on May 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I don’t see any comments yet from the resident Disciples of Moloch.

I guess they’re sleeping in.

CurtZHP on May 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

It’s all too REAL for them, so they want no part of this.

Reality and liberalism are diametrically polar opposites of each other.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I don’t see any comments yet from the resident Disciples of Moloch.

I guess they’re sleeping in.

CurtZHP on May 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Good reminder, as to who they really are.

22044 on May 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

It is soooo hard to be a really good Christian when the rubber meets the road.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM

as if you’re an expert on being a Christian..

Do you want me to go on? I have dozens more examples.

dominigan on May 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Blessings on you and those you hold dear.. and you’re right, these examples are not uncommon. I’ve seen many Christians do the same, and done what my wife and I can to keep the chain of compassion unbroken. Those whom can be helped,.. the only repayment we ask for, is sometime when you can, help the someone you meet who needs the caring only God makes possible.

It’s not about points on a score board…

much as he’d try and make it that way..

mark81150 on May 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Goldwater did what he thought he needed to do to win the presidency. When it didn’t work, I think he was genuinely shocked, and he did what he thought he needed to do to stay in the good graces of the Prescott Bush wing of the Republican Party. I question that he ever took a policy position because he thought it was simply the right thing to do.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I was only 5 when he lost in 1964; I remember Mom and Dad went to the convention in Denver and were really disappointed that he lost (yeah, I was one of those kids who actually followed politics from an early age). His speech for Reagan’s nomination was awesome. But then something happened later in his life and he started veering left. Last public statement he made that I remember was his support for banning scary looking black guns with the usual leftist nonsense statement about yeah, people have the right to bear arms, but there are some guns civilians just don’t need. I pretty much put that down to senility and dementia in his old age and ignored any future statements from him the same way one would ignore that crazy old uncle or grandparent.

Funny thing is, the GOP establishment points to his defeat as the reason why no conservative should ever again be nominated. His landslide defeat is why we need to nominate campaign winners like Dole, McCain, and Romney.

AZfederalist on May 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Why? Because his office was clean and he sterilized his instruments?

Cindy Munford on May 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM