Video [fixed]: Late-term abortionist says “It’s like putting meat in a crock pot”

posted at 8:41 am on May 8, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Not just any late-term abortionist, either, but LeRoy Carhart, one of the most celebrated of his profession.  Carhart has been featured in pro-abortion literature and film and appeared on television — or at least he used to make those appearances, until a woman died after one of his abortions earlier this year.  Live Action sent two undercover reporters into Carhart’s clinic.  Both were told that the baby would be killed within the womb and left there for two or three days, which would make the baby like “meat in a crock pot.”

From the detailed Live Action report on their Carhart investigation:

He casually described the abortion as a “shot into the fetus” to ensure that “[i]t’ll be dead for two days before you deliver it.” He told her the injection also causes the baby to “[get] soft, like mushy [makes squishing sound], so you push it through… so it’s like putting meat in a crock pot.” If this method is unsuccessful, he would  have to remove the baby “in pieces,” using, he joked, “a pickaxe, a drill bit.”

Both investigators asked if Carhart’s abortions “hurt” the babies. He replied by arbitrarily inventing his own parameters for when a fetus feels pain. “so, after about two to three weeks after birth… I think then they have pretty good knowledge of pain, but before that I’m not so sure that they do.” In fact, there is wide consensus in the scientific community that babies feel acute pain by 20 weeks of gestation.

Carhart wasn’t exactly honest about the risk of his procedure, either:

Finally, Carhart blatantly lied to both our investigators about the danger of his abortions, coercing his patients into a risky procedure. “I’ve never had to send anybody to the hospital.” Less than a year before, his staff were forced to call 911 after he injured a woman in an abortion. Our second investigator asked Carhart if she should call an ambulance if she goes into labor in her hotel room. With callous disregard for her safety, Carhart replied, “…don’t call 911… you’re gonna be within 10 minutes or 15 minutes of a clinic, just get in the car. Call me.”

Just six weeks earlier, he had ignored his patient Jennifer Morbelli’s attempts to contact him before she went into cardiac arrest and died at the local hospital. More injuries probably remain undocumented, as Carhart instructs his patients, “If you feel that something is wrong and you need to be seen do not go to the ER, call and we will meet you at the clinic.” He would rather endanger his patients than reveal his malpractice to emergency physicians. Carhart also told our investigator, “[T]he risks at… 36 weeks doing an abortion are still about
less than 10% what they are with childbirth.” Actually, abortions after 20 weeks result in 6 times more maternal deaths than childbirth.

Yes, but that information might interfere with Carhart’s cash flow, and his celebrity status.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Sick

cmsinaz on May 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

God have mercy on us and keep the souls of these poor children into your heart…

Tilly on May 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

But the Live Action folks are the terrorists, right?

CDeb on May 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

“It’s like putting meat in a crock pot”

Bottom round, human baby, all the same at the Carhart house.

What a sick man.

Gatsu on May 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

The face of the ‘pro-choice” crowd.

Where are our trolls, to brag about this killer, this ghoul?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Sick, twisted freak.

Chris of Rights on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Bottom round, human baby, all the same at the Carhart house.

What a sick man.

Gatsu on May 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Maybe he’s a vegan?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Is that Armin’s or thuja’s Dad?

I am afraid that we are going to find out why America is not mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

God help us.

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Crock pot comments from a Crackpot.

cat-scratch on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Where is nonpartisan, to tell us this thread is boring, never should have been put up, and to defend this slime bucket?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

God help us.

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

If He bothers, it won’t be for sake of the liberals.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Has the AMA yanked this Mengele wannabe’s license, yet?

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

In most cases people committing a similar act would be arrested and tried for a killing but our esteemed government and court made it legal for medical “professionals” to even charge money for it. Yes we pat ourselves on the back for being a nation of laws that respects life! They, the government, better remove the last vestiges of Judeo Christian thinking because some of us do see the hypocrisy in their actions.

Pardonme on May 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

He’s the one that has been portrayed as a hero because he’s willing to kill babies in the third and fourth trimester despite all that hate from Christians, right? What a sick bastard.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Abortion has never been my issue, but this work by Live Action could make me an activist. I think the states should start restricting abortion past 12 weeks.

juliesa on May 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

As I posted on the QOTD thread, this is troll free Wednesday because of the Benghazi hearings. They’re all hanging out in Mrs. Libfree’s basement waiting for the all clear to sound from OFA.

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

juliesa on May 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Why not sooner? Setting a ‘term limit’ is totally arbitrary, a made-up thing.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM

There’s one revolting simile. Ughhguhghuhguhgh.

Jeddite on May 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

At what point do we start getting all the quotes from these cold, inhuman monsters and start putting them on national television? Get the quotes off the internet and onto the airwaves.

I see the quotes and watch the vids and it is revolting to me that any person can be that way.

Time to start pressuring our states to pass abortion legislation and force it all the way to the SC. Jam it down their throats with the argument that it is not a power for the feds under the constitution and watch Libs heads explode.

Freed0m28 on May 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Huh? “Knowledge” of pain?

It’s not an involuntary reaction then? You have to know something is painful before it actually hurts?

mudskipper on May 8, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Happy Nomad on May 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Too bad for me, then. I woke in a sour mood (except for being able to hold the hand of cmsinaz) and want to trash a troll.

Hey! How about a new game for us?

We can play “Trash a Troll.”

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

These four videos should be played in the Senate chamber when a quorum is present, and every Democrat should be forced to watch and go on record with a response.

Chris of Rights on May 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Ok, you abortion supporters, explain please how a lump of tissue becomes “dead” if it’s never alive in the first place.

Like meat in a crock pot? I think I’ll go drink of 5th of Tequila and try to erase that image from my mind.

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

“How are you going to explain your position on abortion on Judgment Day”…the question I ask every Liberal that makes them cringe..

hillsoftx on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

‘a large portion of abortions are done by poor minorities…these babies if born would likely be on welfare…’

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

hillsoftx on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I think along the same lines.

Imagine being a woman who committed abortion, and God Himself presents the glorified baby — who sees and touches His face — to her.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Chris of Rights on May 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I think that this is a great idea, but not enough.

Since the feds are so keen to tell kids what they should be taught in school, how about giving them a well rounded education about abortions. After all, we are all taught that Roe v Wade was such a landmark case. So lets show the kids the result.

I bet abortion rates would drastically fall after that. Too bad the congress is full of squishy people that can’t seem to pull their heads from their posterior

Freed0m28 on May 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Is anyone really surprised by the fact that abortion being sacred produces vomit inducing ghouls like Carhart and Gosnell as its disciples?

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Is that Armin’s or thuja’s Dad?

God help us.

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Could be. One of them said last week that killing a baby was no different than killing a tree to make a table.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I missed that one. So the Harvard Law grad is apparently a racist as well. Figures.

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Has the AMA yanked this Mengele wannabe’s license, yet?

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Licensure is a state matter. As with attorneys and the ABA, most doctors are not members of the AMA. Only about 15% of the nation’s physicians belong to the organisation.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

There isn’t a Mental Institution with strong enough bars
across the windows for these people…

ToddPA on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM

What is worse is the liberals who are all for it, telling us we are troglodytes for opposing the senseless murder of innocent babies.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

AMERICA IS DEAD………in it’s very soul.

To let this go on within it’s borders.

God have mercy on us for this unspeakable terror on the unborn!!

PappyD61 on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I thought killing trees was bad?

Chris of Rights on May 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Anyone else notice that he refers to “the baby” throughout the video? He never mentions the “fetus”.

Evil.

Naturally Curly on May 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO, Don’t kill me, I’m your daughter, I’m your future, I will love you, I will take care of you when you’re old and need someone to hold your hand on your deathbed…………….NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Not that, no don’t do it…………I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU…….AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

What the voices would say if they could as they ripped from this brutal world.

Dear God.

PappyD61 on May 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

AMERICA IS DEAD………in it’s very soul.

To let this go on within it’s borders.

God have mercy on us for this unspeakable terror on the unborn!!

PappyD61 on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

God will save those who love Him.

The rest are on their own, by their hearts and the very words of their own mouths.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I hate to say it, but while what gosnell did was morally wrong, ultimately it was probably a net positive in terms of societal costs

nonpartisan on May 3, 2013 at

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

There was more to it, too. Because nobrain so perfectly encapsulates the Left’s true feelings, I took the exchange and posted it on my blog:

When It Comes To Abortion, Progressives Can Be Counted On To Fully Reveal Their Racism And Ignorance

Check out the Ted Cruz thread for the latest destruction of nobrain.

It hurts!

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Sick

cmsinaz on May 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

…no!…SICK!

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Millstone & neck – Some assembly required…

geojed on May 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

So the Harvard Law grad is apparently a racist as well. Figures.

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Trust me, that is no graduate of Harvard Law.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I think it’s out to dinner.

Again.

After another RWM thrashing.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Check out the Ted Cruz thread for the latest destruction of nobrain.

It hurts!

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

No one trashes liberals better than you, Esquire. You’re in my Cool Book, on the first page.

Sad, though, they disregard you like they do the rest of us. In some ways, I think, we are a joke to them — that abortion itself is a tee-hee and an E ticket to something better.

I can’t believe I used be in favor of abortion. Now, the whole idea disgusts me.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

noforeskin on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

…qualifies him for a Cabinet position… in JugEars administration…

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I think it’s out to dinner.

Again.

After another RWM thrashing.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I hope he chokes on it.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I’m thinking this man will probably have an eternity in his next life to repeatedly see the faces of each aborted child he killed.

Methinks he took the wrong “Hippocratic” oath – probably was the the hypocritical oath instead.

iamsaved on May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

And one single NO vote in the senate is keeping them from investigating/changing inspection procedures !!
Anyone know who that is?? Should be hounded, no end !!
Haven’t found out, yet.
My heart hurts.

juliesa on May 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I CAN RELATE. These vids and the Gosnell trial HAVE given me a previously absent sense of urgency, and I’ve begun to ‘offend’ many on our FB page. I always give them content warnings, and hope to God at least SOME will come to know the truth. Their feelings are NOT a priority, here.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

As soon as the Dems realize that the kids they are killing are mostly future Democrat voters, Roe v. Wade will be gone.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How on Earth anyone can remain stone-faced and implacable regarding so-called abortion rights after these revelations is beyond me.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM

That came so out of the blue last week that I conclude his/her highschool class went on a field trip to Hahvahd. Thus the “I went to Harvard”…

The post about minorities was mobying, trying to get HA posters to second his/her racist bait so he/she could run to Puff Ho and tell all about it.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

juliesa on May 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Exactly my feelings. These people are ghouls.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

some people are smart enough to visualize the mess of a country we would have if all the kids were born and we had the same idiots running the government.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

iamsaved on May 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

More — I want him knowing, while he burns in flames forever, those babies see and touch the face of God for all eternity. They drink of living water, while their unrepentant murderer suffers with thirst.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

democrats equal baby killers….If you are in Minneapolis today and want to protest the creeps that keep furthering this infanticide…contact Pro Life Action Ministries in St Paul….. all the planned murderhood power brokers are in town to do a fund raiser….mark dayton, his ex and a bunch of democrats along with cecille richardson et al……blood money

crosshugger on May 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Naah. They knew that decades ago at the time of Roe v. Wade.

They are importing Mexicans to replace them.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Perhaps, but as I document in the post on my blog, it is a common refrain.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I made it to 1:47.

flstc on May 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

They don’t even see their own racism.

Second, they don’t even realize that abortion has actually led to a rise of babies being born out of wedlock. People take more risks with contraception when they have “an out” like abortion. The problem with this “out” is that not everyone takes it, so fewer people are responsible, because abortion is always their plan B..

With abortion seen as a backup, women as well as men became less careful in using contraceptives as well as more likely to have premarital sex.

There were more unplanned pregnancies. But legal abortion did not mean every unplanned pregnancy led to abortion. After all, just because abortion is legal does not mean that the decision is an easy one.

Academic studies have found that legalized abortion, by encouraging premarital sex, increased the number of unplanned births, even outweighing the reduction in unplanned births due to abortion.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I have a question.

That I’m sure will be misinterpreted as “defending” this man.

What exactly are these undercover agents telling these doctors is the reason for their abortion? Perfectly healthy infant or something else. Like an anencephalic baby with no brain. A genetic defect. Why not release the tape from “Hello, I am……”? In almost 25 years I’ve only shared one patient with a doctor like this, of the patient’s choosing, who had a baby with osteogenesis imperfecta, incompatible with life.

Marcus on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I hope he chokes on it.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM

It made the mistake of issuing the challenge…

Show me ONE statement where I’ve lied.

Yeah. And (for it) things went downhill from there.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have a question.

That I’m sure will be misinterpreted as “defending” this man.

Marcus on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Even if the “fetus” has a defect, do you really think it is humane or professional to refer to it as “meat in crockpot?”

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

They don’t even see their own racism.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I am so happy. You do so well I thought you weren’t human.

This post is world class dumb.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Thank Isis I didn’t start dinner this morning. How awful, disgusting, and unspeakable. I’m nursing bruised eyebrows after seeing they got Carhart on tape

Sekhmet on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Marcus on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Utilitarianism at its demonic worst, Melle.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Liberalism, the idea of it, matters more to liberals than truth and reality.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I feel bad for the family of the woman who died and there is no excuse for the criminal behavior of this doctor but how do you get to month eight of a pregnancy and decide you don’t want the baby? How do you get that far and decide you can’t wait four more weeks and just deliver and put the baby up for adoption?

hopeful on May 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am so happy. You do so well I thought you weren’t human.

This post is world class dumb.

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Care to elaborate? Or are you going to just insult me with no evidence?

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM

hopeful on May 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Liberalism, the idea of it, matters more to liberals than truth and reality.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It seems to keep forgetting that unlike one of Oblahblah’s campaign promises…the internet is forever.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That’s utilitarianism for you. “I’d rather kill my baby than put it up for adoption because I can.“

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Actually, the baby-killers have said and still maintain it’s more painful to a woman to give up her baby for adoption than to kill him/her.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Unless and until those women have to watch their born-alive infants die because an “abortion doctor” refused to give them due medical treatment.

/ptooey

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

IlikedAUH2O on May 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Your point is? Are you saying the country is not a mess now, despite the millions of abortions that have been performed since Roe v Wade was decided? One of the worst examples of “legal reasoning” I’ve ever read, and I thought that when I was more or less pro-choice for the first trimester abortions. I’d argue that the country’s downhill slide was hastened by the publication of that opinion, but it appears that your mileage varies.

I do wonder, though, what was Barry Goldwater’s position on abortion? Not a snarky question. I would really like to know because your position seems incompatible with Barry Goldwater’s brand of conservatism, from what I recall of him.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Liberals have an almost-infantile need to get what they want. They never truly grew up.

An infant sees what he wants, and doesn’t care about the world around him; he has no concept of the future or even the ramifications of the here-and-now.

Liberals are the same, but worse. Ostensibly, they are self-aware adults. But they still retain that infantile need for immediate self-gratification.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Goldwater was pro-choice pro-abortion. He toed the establishment line that “the far-right’s devotion to moral issues is damaging the party” or something.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

/ptooey

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

that’s exactly why the baby-killers — especially the NOW crowd — don’t want any such films or photos to be shown. They even once tried using RICO laws to stop baby-lovers who protest from carrying signs that show results of baby murder.

Plus, some others tried using anti-porn laws to stop the baby lovers from letting women see what we know.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We are so broken.

changer1701 on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

We are so broken.

changer1701 on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

…so badly and in so many ways. I’m not sure any of us have any real idea of just how far and deep this cultural rot goes.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Post partum depression, Dr ???
What an lying a$$hole !!

Post abortion depression can last a lifetime, not just a little time after giving birth to a wanted, live baby.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

He was quite wrong.

The Founding Fathers knew that the Constitution could only last for long as the populace remained moral; the Constitution is not for an immoral people any more than the Bible is for unbelievers.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I made it to 1:47.

flstc on May 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I get nauseous just thinking about it; I made it to 0:00.

Fenris on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM

That graphic of the baby literally being torn limb from limb should be enough to convince anybody of the horror of late term abortion.

hopeful on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Thanks. I did not know that, not being a Goldwater devotee. ;-) No wonder “ILiked” takes his/her position.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Goldwater was pro-choice pro-abortion.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

He was quite wrong.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Barry Goldwater was a shameless sellout. The more I learned about him over the years, the more my respect waned.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

To the core, and most of us are asleep at the wheel while the “progressives” have taken over every industry that programs young people i.e., media and education. Something drastic will have to happen to wake people up, and when it does it won’t be pretty. Until then “progressives” keep progressing which is really not progress or in actuality regressing.

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Post partum depression, Dr ???
What an lying a$$hole !!

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Baby killers need every excuse, no matter how insane, to have ‘right’ to keep killing babies.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

In America evil is no longer a bug, it’s a feature.

Mojave Mark on May 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM

“… like “meat in a crock pot.”

Which is what God will say as he deposits your worthless soul in Hell.

labrat on May 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Where, oh where, are YOU, nonpartisan? This is another ‘Gosnell thread’, which you hate. I know you’re reading, so why not jump in here and ‘enlighten’ us rubes with your brilliant expertise?

You have b*tched about every other ‘Gosnell thread’. Why not this one, too?

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Evil walks the earth. And evil is a Democrat partisan,

MTF on May 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I was too young for Goldwater at the time, and never learned much about him. He doesn’t really rate for me.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I was born in 1978. If you want to know what is wrong with the Republican Party writ-large today, learn everything you can about Barry Goldwater’s entire political career. It’s emblematic of how far the anti-slavery, pro-civil rights party has fallen.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

True, but he was opposed to taxpayer funding of the babykillers. His pragmatic squishiness on this issue is inconsistent with his famous saying:

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

What is virtue and vice all about anyway? Humans are imperfect, and Goldwater was no exception.

Fenris on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Has the AMA yanked this Mengele wannabe’s license, yet?

kingsjester on May 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

It is amazing that people still think the AMA is relevant to the medical profession. A large portion of that 15% is medical students duped into joining with free stuff and claims of “rite of passage”. AMA is a left wing lobbying organization funded by doctors, nothing more.

tdarrington on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Fenris on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Goldwater did what he thought he needed to do to win the presidency. When it didn’t work, I think he was genuinely shocked, and he did what he thought he needed to do to stay in the good graces of the Prescott Bush wing of the Republican Party. I question that he ever took a policy position because he thought it was simply the right thing to do.

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

gryphon202 on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I was born in 1958 — before there was a space program.

I used to be very liberal.

Then reality set in. As John Lennon once said, “Life is what happens while you’re making other plans.”

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM