Hicks: Higher-ups at State told me not to talk to GOP congressman about Benghazi; Update: “Effectively demoted”

posted at 3:21 pm on May 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Daily Caller, the five most essential, damning minutes from today’s hearing. And Jordan does an expert job framing them. The money line, when Hicks is asked whether he’d ever been told before not to meet with a congressional delegation: “Never.”

I won’t slow you down with further comment. None is needed — except this: Cheryl Mills is no run-of-the-mill State Department apparatchik, even among the top tier. She’s been one of the Clintons’ right-hand men for decades. She worked in Bill’s White House legal office, then as counsel to Hillary’s presidential campaign, then became chief of staff at State when Hillary was appointed secretary. If she’s the right-hand man, what other conclusion is there than that Hillary’s the one who wanted Hicks to keep his mouth shut when meeting with Chaffetz?

One last point, per today’s theme of ghettoized media. As I say, these five minutes are obviously the biggest news to come out of today’s hearings (so far). Note that, then note tomorrow how many news outlets spend any time on them vis-a-vis other ancillary issues from the testimony. For instance, Politico’s lead story as of 2:45 ET is … “Benghazi hearing gets emotional.”

Update: As of 3:30 ET, Hicks just told the panel that he was “effectively demoted” after challenging State’s leadership about its handling of Benghazi. Of course he was. How else could they discredit him later?

Note that in the clip he mentions being contacted by both Obama and Hillary afterward and congratulated on how well he’d performed during the attack.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Is Hot Air updating correctly??..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I caught some of Hicks testimony today. Wow!

I also heard from Trey Gowdy from SC. Double wow!

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

As a child she obviously never had the benefit of having her mouth washed out with soap for telling a lie.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

LoLz..Good point..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I also heard from Trey Gowdy from SC. Double wow!

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Thumbs up to Trey..Overall the GOPers did well..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM

If I didn’t come to this Site, I would not have realized a “hearing” just happened. Outside of the right wing tea partiers whose voice do not count, no one cares.

HotAirLib on May 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

The families of the 4 dead Americans care.

I remember when such people had all the moral authority, my how times have changed.

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

But I’ll tell you what. No matter who in the chain of command screwed the pooch, the ultimate villain is Obama. He KNEW what was going down in Benghazi. There is absolutely, positively no way that he didn’t know. He either gave the order to stand down or gave control to a subordinate. And then, instead of being glued to the consoles in the situation room, that miserable worm of a human being went to bed. And then trotted off to Vegas the very next day- before the bodies of the four were even cold. Those are the acts of a spineless POS.

justltl on May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

LaughterJones on May 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Bishop on May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

It is ironic that the only person in jail is the poor kook who made a you tube video..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Based on actual documents and official releases (not the alleged secret hidden ones) the admin’s statements reflected that which they were getting from the CIA. The information evolved as time went on.
There is nothing that shows at any time the WH officially offering up anything that stood in contradiction to what they were being provided by intelligence services.
There is nothing that shows them knowingly providing false info.

verbaluce on May 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

rofl

sorry couldn’t resist

rightmind on May 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

justltl on May 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM

The absence of his name today has NOT been missed.
At least not in the blogisphere.
Brietbart lives, and we need to keep it up.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I went to yahoo.com to see how far down they had the Benghazi hearing buried among the news stories.

Except, there wasn’t any story at all. Nothing. I actually found a story about what one of the characters from the Fresh Prince of Belair was doing nowadays, but a complete blackout on why four of our citizens were killed.

Just thought you’d like to know in case this pile of s–t happens to be your homepage.

Reggie1971 on May 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

There is nothing that shows them knowingly providing false info.

verbaluce on May 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Um, they were told that it had nothing to do with a video by people IN LIBYA.

Yes, the information ‘evolved’ over time. It became an all-out blame the video bonanza even though the CIA did not say that.

As for the talking points, they have been obtained by subpoena and no one in the administration has claimed that they are inaccurate.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

It’s been so thoroughly refuted now, there’s at least 3 different independent sources flatly contradicting the BS that was peddled by Rice, Hillary, and O.

Mostly I just want to see if he continues to insist on drinking the kool-aid or not. Come on verb, you a true believer?

rightmind on May 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Who gave the Code Red Stand Down Order?????

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

“I said that death is a part of life, so often we have to find a way to make life a part of death.”

—Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), ranking member of the House Oversight Committee

I reach for my revolver…

claudius on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM

‘The fact remains — as we have repeatedly indicated — that United States forces could not have arrived in time to mount a rescue of those Americans killed or injured that night.’

- George Little, Pentagon spokesman

Soooo weird. We could send a both a Learjet and a C-130 transport from Tripoli to Benghazi to pick up some of the State and CIA personnel DURING the attack, but we couldn’t send members of the Special Forces that were in Tripoli (and told to stand down twice) to Benghazi because they were too far away?

The other obvious problem with the Pentagon’s position is that it is based on facts that were unknown when the decision was made. At the times of the decision and multiple stand down orders, NO ONE KNEW HOW LONG THE ATTACK WOULD LAST. No one knew if it would be over in minutes, hours, days, or months, for that matter. 20/20 hindsight is nice, but it is not determinative.

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

The mind boggles.
OY.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM

—Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), ranking member of the House Oversight Committee

I reach for my revolver…

claudius on May 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM

That’s a monster intellect there, the jewel of the CBC.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I love how the same people saying “move along, nothing to see here” are the same people on these boards that can be seen spouting “Bush lied, People died.”

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

It is treason, “straight up”.

They gave aid and comfort to the enemy, and have been lying about that fact ever since. The whole thing stinks to high heaven, and there won’t be any consequences for their actions.

Weep for our country, because the left will not.

wytshus on May 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

There were a lot of heros on the panel, today, so I encourage all to make note of their names, and keep them in power.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Is Hot Air updating correctly??..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I’ve had a couple of instances where the wrong comment thread will load after I make a comment.

Count to 10 on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Is Hot Air updating correctly??..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Count to 10 on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have to refresh immediately when I get on the site. And then I refresh often or I don’t get the new comments..

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

The troll signed out
Aaawwww….

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Any chance of getting to the bottom of Benghazi has officially been destroyed:

Benghazi: Beginning of end
By Dick Morris

xblade on May 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Juan Williams just said on tv what you tube video?

So now they don’t want to bring it up lol

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Who gave the Code Red Stand Down Order?????

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

From Dana Loesch:

Former Ambassador, Rep. Ann Wagner: The President Gives The ‘Stand Down’ Order

Congresswoman Ann Wagner served as an ambassador and said that only one office could have given the order to stand down in the Benghazi terrorist attack:

Audio at the link.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Count to 10 on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

melle1228 on May 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thank you..I seem to be having the same update issues as you both are..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Is Hot Air updating correctly??..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Count to 10 on May 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I did a refresh on a thread today and got right article but with the Tim Tebow comment thread from last week.

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, we all sat on our asses, or went to bed (like the Ego in Chief) and didn’t do squat to save these folks but they most likely would have died anyway, probably, so what’s the big deal.

– George Little, Pentagon Spokesperson

[This is a translation to plain English provided for the convenience of the LSM, since they've apparently lost their dictionary, along with their sense of shame.]

IndieDogg on May 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

And I’d thought I’d heard it all, today.
Seriously ??

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Audio at the link.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

do you mean to tell me that there isn’t a lower level functionary flunkie that can be kicked in the can for this???????

/perfect.

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Professor Chewy’s Essay Question of the Day (EQOTD):
(From the, “Lucy, You Got Some ‘splainin” to do file”)

I am the head of a division of a multi-national corporation. There is a major explosion at one of my manufacturing facilities. Several lives are lost and mayhem ensues. One of my upper-level managers comes out and blames a disgruntled customer who posted a mild complaint on our website. Everyone in the company, including those at the very highest corporate levels, repeat this allegation and it is thusly reported in multiple trade publications.
The disgruntled customer is summarily arrested and thrown in jail. Later, it is discovered that, oops, no it was an evil competitor who blew up the plant (this was discovered when an internet start-up competitor leaked the news on their paltry, seldom-read website). The evil competitor’s intentions are easily documented, and each of the upper level managers in my company who earlier blamed the customer is on-record as saying they knew from the beginning it wasn’t the disgruntled customer). Here’s the question: in this instance, does anyone in the corporation get fired or go to jail, or do they all get a total pass? Extra credit questions: Define the terms, “Perjury,” “Contempt of Congress,” and “High Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Chewy the Lab on May 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Maybe we have to ask nicely if we want to see who gave the stand down order…..

h/t COL Nathan R Jessup

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

And I’d thought I’d heard it all, today.
Seriously ??

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

No really watch hannity’s replay on fox

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

OK, so … Will it be worth it to watch Greta tonight ?
Or will she be working with murder trials/rescues of long-lost abduction victims ??
(not to diminish those, mind)
Just wondering.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Good Lord !
Did Sean burst a blood vessel ?
;-)

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

OK, so … Will it be worth it to watch Greta tonight ?
(not to diminish those, mind)
Just wondering.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I’m not watching her tonight it’s going to be about the wacko chick found guilty that no one cares about, and the loon with the kidnap girls. She loves legal crap

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The military commenters need to chime in, but I’m trying to recall I read someone last fall say that standard protocol would be to act. To have resources at the ready and tell them to stand down would take someone with authority to break that protocol.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quick perusal of all major Indianapolis news websites including radio, newsprint and tv.

NONE of them, except for Fox 59, had one article about today’s investigative hearings. Fox 59 had it on its national news page with the nebulous headline: “Doomed Libya ambassador: ‘We’re under attack’”.

Oh yeah… they’re definitely ignoring the story.

Skywise on May 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Just wondering.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Greta will surely mention Benghazi hearings, for maybe 3 minutes max , maybe less.

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

INC:

Standing orders are that an ambassador under attack is the equivalent of a 4-star general and, thusly, things start happening quite rapidly. Alert crews are called in, pilots are spooled up, ships move, targets selected and assets reallocated. The only way those things get shut off is if somebody throws a wrench into it.

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Juan Williams just said on tv what you tube video?

So now they don’t want to bring it up lol

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

cmon, you is just fkn with little arnold. No?

arnold ziffel on May 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Is Verba liberace really Joe Klein at Time?:

A few excerpts:

The Republicans, apparently with nothing better to do, are still chasing their tails over the tragic events in Benghazi on September 11…..

Could it have been the Republicans who consistently voted against funds for increased embassy security? Hmmm…that makes their current carping seem awfully political, doesn’t it?

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

That’s it. I remember now there was a lot of discussion about an ambassador ranking as a general.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

They have absolutely nothing. Nothing but spin, and grasping at straws.

rightmind on May 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I’m sure that’s why the Rep. interviewed by Dana said only the President could have given the stand down order. Having been an ambassador, she would have known protocol.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I, for one, was tremendously impressed with Issa’s ability to interject previous statements to the contrary, today.
Shot them down at every turn. :-)

Verba = Klein ?? C’est possible !

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Yeah but I’m thinking with the Obama admin the ambassador position was relegated to 0-6, Colonel. “We care, but not enough to send the very best—tough it out, over.”

arnold ziffel on May 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Juan Williams just said on tv what you tube video?

So now they don’t want to bring it up lol

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Are you serious?
Juan must be tweaking on KY jelly fumes.

HornetSting on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

The troll signed out
Aaawwww….

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

How can you tell?

Midas on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

OK, so … Will it be worth it to watch Greta tonight ?
(not to diminish those, mind)
Just wondering.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Shep burst out of the screen at 7pm with Arias and Kidnappers as expected, before I could grap the remote.

Greta opens with Arias. 10:00:14pm

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Unfortunately I was in and out during the hearings. Good to hear he was on point. I still wish they all just yielded their time to Trey Gowdy. He said last night he was preparing for two weeks for his questioning time. From what I’ve read, he did pretty dang good too.

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Yups.
They are to be recognized as in charge/control on the ground.
They are to be granted HIGH priority .

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I don’t know enough, but something about the military lack of response here (other than the explanation that they weren’t asked for help) bugs me. Perhaps someone knows something about this could shed some light.

All I hear is, there were no assets that could — even theoretically — have gotten there in the 8-10 hours this thing lasted. All I hear is that aircraft weren’t available because they couldn’t be refueled.

And all I hear about are land-based units.

What was the 6th Fleet up to? Aren’t they in the Mediterranean somewhere? Don’t they have carriers (1 or more). How did we send aircraft over Libya during the 2011 Civil War? Where did they come from?

Benghazi is what, just over an hour from Israel via F16? Did we call anybody for help, since we were apparently helpless?

I’m aware my ignorance is on full display but could we get someone maybe on with Ed who knows the answers to questions about military assets, capabilities, location of forces and such [including potential help from allies]? If we don’t have any refueling capability, do you think somebody in that part of the world might have loaned us a tank of gas?

Just asking, out of frustration, and the inescapable feeling that I’m being f***ed with. (That’s “fussed” with, for the more gentle souls here).

IndieDogg on May 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Watched/listened to every minute, and when I saw Gowdy show up, I was thrilled !
His prep served him well, and he bulldogged it !!

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

How can you tell?

Midas on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

The place smells better ;-)

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Adm. Gaouette’s whereabouts are unknown after he was relieved of his command last fall, and the organization “Special Operations Speaks” (SOS) is seeking information on why he has not been called to testify to Congress on what happened in Benghazi on September 11, 2012.]
You’re not going to find this anywhere because it is at the top-secret level. I know that because I used to be a custodian of those kinds of operation plans, preplanned responses and contingency responses: “What do you do on the USS Marvin Shields,” for example, “if this happens?” “This is what you do.”
There were operational commanders who were reacting to the contingency plans in place to come to the assistance of the United States ambassador whose life was at risk. These kinds of events are foreseeable, and we have contingency plans to react to save the life of the embassy officials to include, certainly, the life of the U.S. ambassador. That’s one of the reasons you have U.S. Marines as the first line of defense – they call them “Embassy Marines.”

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

The troll signed out
Aaawwww….

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

How can you tell?

Midas on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

…there’s a slapping noise…in the background.

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Greta opens with Arias. 10:00:14pm

slickwillie2001 on May 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Was he all sweet looking, and did Greta have her standard suit coat on?

arnold ziffel on May 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

the U.S. Marine Corps is the only service that performs that function; they hold the fort down until reinforcements arrive. That’s how this works. Obama has Marines protecting him, for goodness’ sakes!
The point is that Adm. Gaouette and General Ham took those first steps to activate the contingency plans which had already been approved by the commander-in-chief, regardless of who that is. These kinds of things can escalate very quickly into international events of extraordinary proportions. The kinds of things that are in these contingency plans, depending on what is happening and what the political environment looks like, can lead to larger combat or even an act of war. These contingency plans, because of what’s in them and because of what might happen should they be put into operation, have to be approved by the commander-in-chief.

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Great snag !

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

So, this is what Dear Leader meant when he said he would bring those responsible to justice..?

d1carter on May 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM

IndieDogg on May 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

It is an out and out lie. I can’t speak to any of your questions concerning military preparedness (because I don’t have that kind of knowledge), but the fact that nobody can name a single action that was even ATTEMPTED speaks volumes to me. To stand there and say, no we didn’t even try because we didn’t think it would work … sorry I’m not buying it.

rightmind on May 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Are you serious?
Juan must be tweaking on KY jelly fumes.

HornetSting on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I worship you. You are naughty.

arnold ziffel on May 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Not even one WHISPER of our dear CnC’s (non) involvement, today.
Issa says more is to come, so I sure hope that cr$p is revealed, ASAP !

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

We’re also told by multiple sources that shortly after the attack began, around 9:40 pm, Special Forces put out a call sign for all available assets, military and otherwise in the vicinity, to be moved into position to help.

WHISTLEBLOWER: …that enacts every asset, every element to respond and it becomes a Global priority…that was given, and the only reason it was given is because of the Special Operations PAC [not sure he used the word 'pac' but it sounds like pac or pack]. It has nothing to do with the agency. It has nothing to do with the Department of State.

HOUSELY: Special Operations gave the call sign?

WHISTLEBLOWER: Yes.

HOUSELY: But assets didn’t move?

WHISTLEBLOWER: Assets did not move.

HOUSELY: The failure of the State Department or White House to give the Military permission to cross into Libya to help, according to our source, only accentuates the significant breakdown in communication. The State Department, the CIA and the White House that culminated in lack of action the night of the Benghazi attack.

WHISTLEBLOWER:…there is not good communication between the State Department and the Military and the Department of Defense on any level, absolutely no level.

HOUSELY: This claim contradicts the State Department Accountability Review Board, which says in part, “Washington-Tripoli-Benghazi communication, cooperation, and coordination the night of the attacks were effective…”

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM

You da man, Ted !!

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM

When you have this kind of an event taking place – and this is portrayed in books and movies – they send out what’s called a “flash critic.” “Flash” is the highest precedence for transmission, and this type of message is read upon receipt. They are received in super-secret command centers around the globe: the National Military Command Center (NMCC), which is in the basement of the Pentagon; they are received in Foggy Bottom; they are received in the Situation Room in the White House. This is the kind of message which Gen. Carter Ham would have received, and this would have triggered his first response. He took that response, which is a pre-approved plan, and then he was told, as was Adm. Gaouette, to “stand down.” The “stand-down” order could have come only from the commander-in-chief.
THE POST & EMAIL: Because there was already a contingency plan to effect a rescue?
CDR FITZPATRICK: Yes. And the only person who had the authority to stop that from going forward was the commander-in-chief. What officer below the president is going to take responsibility for standing that down? Somebody might try it, but they’d be a fool!

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:08 PM

So Valerie had no idea about these contingency plans .
What’s the big deal ? She is just a lowly commander-in-chief , she acted stupidly .
It ‘s the Republicans who are making a political issue out of really old life and death issues which were not even optimal bumps in the road.
Or something …..

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Its funny though…no one I know is even talking about this. This may be getting coverage in the MSM, but its not penetrating liberal America.

libfreeordie on May 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I concur – reality often doesn’t penetrate liberal America.

Saltyron on May 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Ted, can you give me the link to Maggi’s Part ONE ?
Probs, here, trying to get there.
Thanks.

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Merci beaucoup .. Have a FB lib nibbling at my hook.
Should help, a lot.
:-)

pambi on May 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

^ This point is excellent.

Axe on May 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Juan Williams just said on tv what you tube video?

So now they don’t want to bring it up lol

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 9:33 PM

cmon, you is just fkn with little arnold. No?

arnold ziffel on May 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Guys I’m not kidding I’m serious Michelle Malik’s just shook her head

Conservative4ev on May 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM

There’s not a USS Flat top in theatre? SSN with a Team on board?

Really?

wolly4321 on May 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

1. Two “stand-down” orders were given while the Benghazi attacks were in progress.

two.
Two….
TwO…..
Dos….
a couple….
1+1…..
double….
twice.………

“TOC, this is Benghazi, we are UNDER ATTACK...”

“Benghazi, this is TOC, we are standing down forces.…”

“TOC, this is Benghazi, I say again, we are UNDER ATTACK..we request all available alert forces to respond, we request a show of force and CASEVAC for our wounded..”

“Benghazi this is TOC, we say again, we are standing down all forces…..you are on your own.”

*radio static* ….

ted c on May 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Issa is a WH punk and the truth will not come out Con-Agra

Rio Linda Refugee on May 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

So y’all ready for some more ?

Three families of Navy SEAL Team VI Special Forces servicemen and another family of an Army National Guardsman are scheduled to appear at a press conference on Thursday to “disclose never before revealed information about how and why their sons along with 26 others died in a fatal helicopter crash in Afghanistan,” according to a press release issued by the families.

The helicopter, carrying 25 members of SEAL Team VI and five other Americans, crashed in August of 2011 after it was reportedly shot down by insurgents. A total of 38 people died including seven Afghans and an interpreter. The tragic incident occurred just a few months after the successful raid on the compound of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Valerie Plame got a special investigator and a movie.

wolfsDad on May 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Con Agra was added by my phone not me

Rio Linda Refugee on May 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM

No one in our government requested fly over permission from the Libyan government…Greg Hicks testified today that it would have been granted if requested.

No one started any assets toward Benghazi…no one.

d1carter on May 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

UnderstandingisPower- what I would like to see is status of force from DOD. What was available?

It doesn’t matter if they are lying about assets. If there were none available, isn’t that damning as well?

If they are saying they were flatfooted and it’s true it’s just as bad. For eff sake barky invaded the place with how many expended Tomakawks?

They need to locate where our Naval assets where on 9/11/12.

Don’t even try to convince me nothing was off the coast of at least Tripoli.

wolly4321 on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM

OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW AMERICA THE TRUTH BLOWN BY THE GOP!!

NO Planning!!

NO Focus!!

NO Organization!!

NO Unity!!

I am SICK about this!!

Just SICK!!!

williamg on May 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM

burrata on May 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I hope this gains traction. specifically the current ROE:

How the military restricts special operations servicemen and others from engaging in timely return fire when fired upon by the Taliban and other terrorist groups and interests, thus jeopardizing the servicemen’s lives.

How and why the denial of requested pre-assault fire may have contributed to the shoot down of the Navy SEAL Team VI helicopter and the death of these special operations servicemen.

can_con on May 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Well Jon Stewart says we are all being silly because attacks like this occurred under Bush and yet there were no hearings or dramatic coverage on FNC. So there. How brain dead is his audience? Or how does he view them? It’s the cover up. It’s always the coverup. That is the problem.

MechanicalBill on May 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Instead of looking for ways to find the bastards who killed our ambassador and his associates, the tea party has somehow turned the investigation into smearing their fellow citizens who disagree with them ideological. Its always politics with these fools. No wonder most Americans dont give a f#ck about what they think.

HotAirLib on May 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

What a joke. This response is where the politics lies.

People aren’t following what’s going on because the media has given no attention to the very real questions about why a coordinated attack was carried out in three locations simultaneously, killing an ambassador for the first time in a generation who had no business being where he was, and yet somehow they knew he was there; about why defense forces were told not to aid or evacuate those people and we left sensitive State locations open to looting for intelligence by terrorist forces; about why after allowing such a thing to happen, they conjured a lie about some obscure YouTube video from a year ago being responsible for spontaneous demonstrations (you know, with spontaneous loads of automatic weapons, and spontaneous mortars).

Riddle me this: is there or is there not such a thing as proportional response? And if so, would there or would there not be a difference in our response to a spontaneous uprising which can be conveniently blamed on American religious hicks, and a sustained, coordinated terrorist attack masterminded by persons outside the country?

And if so, can you explain to me how we are ever supposed to “find the bastards” if the administration who left our own ambassador to die, is lying to us about who killed him and why? I mean, what universe do you live in where a cover-up at the executive level would in no way hinder an investigation of the circumstances of the event?

And all this leaving aside the obscene amount of coverage the Valerie Plame “scandal” received over a period of four years, even though no persons were killed as a result of it, no terrorist attacks proceeded from it, and the person who had slipped her name was a known quantity almost from the beginning.

The Schaef on May 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I’m just glad Issa, Chaffetz, and Gowdy are on our side. These guys are sharks in a cesspool of tadpoles and grumpy old frogs.

RavenRog on May 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

MechanicalBill on May 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I was wondering if they would try to blame Bush. When all else fails.

ritewhit on May 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Obama went to sleep.

After undoubtedly giving the order to stand down (almost certainly for political reasons so close to the election) and thereby sealing the fate of four Americans, the President of the United States went to bed, so that he would be fresh for his campaign trip to Las Vegas.

For just a minute, forget Left, Right, Conservative, Liberal, male, female, religious, non-religious, etc., etc. Forget everything but this:
This pathetic, little, narcissistic worm of a man, in the act of dereliction of duty, went to sleep while four sons in the service of their country- including an Ambassador and two SEALs- were slaughtered by savages.

He went to sleep.
The worm went to sleep.

justltl on May 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM

ted c,

Thanks for all those links.

There should be plenty of paper trails.

INC on May 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM

MechanicalBill on May 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Considering the people that voted to put this Administration back into power, can you really be *that* surprised?

Almost makes you long for the days of Carter the Mad (1976-1980)

…at least he did *do* something.

BlaxPac on May 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

2. Ambassador Stevens’ reason for going to Benghazi has been cleared up. Hicks testified that Ambassador Stevens traveled to Benghazi to fulfill one of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s wishes. Despite the fact that security was worsening in Benghazi for months leading up to the 9-11 attack, Clinton wanted to make the post there permanent….Hicks’ testimony raises the question of Clinton’s competence and grasp on reality, strongly suggesting that she put political perceptions ahead of the facts on the ground in Benghazi.

[I think there may have been more to it than this, but Hicks was testifying of what he knew.]

— Brian Preston

Nothing has been cleared up. Hicks said what he assumes to be the reason/s. He doesn’t know.

Schadenfreude on May 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hillary is toast.

itsspideyman on May 9, 2013 at 1:22 AM

INC on May 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

LoLz..Good point..:)

Dire Straits on May 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Is that’s because they didn’t yet have anti-bacterial soap, so no one wanted to contaminate the soap?

Don L on May 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM