Ted Cruz on being a “schoolyard bully”: I do so appreciate Harry Reid’s candor

posted at 9:21 pm on May 7, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Heh. For a quick addendum to Mary Katharine’s earlier post chronicling the continuing Senatorial drama with the indignant claims of procedural “bullying” that Majority Leader Harry Reid is leveling at Sen. Ted Cruz, you know Cruz wasn’t going to take that one lying down. Try if you will, but there’s just no denying that Sen. Reid has been coming off as irate and condescending while Cruz is cool, calm, collected, and — what’s that word again? — oh yeah, civil. The man impeccably lays out his case, and is it just me, or does it sound like this “very junior senator” has considerably more gravitas than his elder colleague? Via RCP:

I rise today in praise of Majority Leader Harry Reid. Yesterday, our esteemed Majority Leader said the following — quote — ‘My friend from Texas is like the schoolyard bully. He pushes everyone around and is losing. And instead of playing the game according to the rules, he not only takes the ball home with him, but he changes the rules.’ Today, Leader Reid continued his demonstration of civility, referring to me as the — quote — ‘very junior Senator from Texas.’ As I noted yesterday, the Senate is not a schoolyard. Setting aside the irony of calling someone a bully and then shouting them down when they attempt to respond, today I wish simply to commend my friend from Nevada for his candor.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I think Cruz is doing a great job, but this was pretty weak. I would have preferred Cruz to point out that given Reid’s failure to do his duty and pass annual budgets it’s not surprising that Reid engages in trivial personal attacks in order to distract attention from his dereliction of duty.

Basilsbest on May 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I’ve never lied. Show me ONE statement where I’ve lied.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Done

tom daschle concerned on May 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yeah, that oughta be fun.

“nonpartisan” will be pwned again.

22044 on May 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

He’s a masochist. I bet his fave book is Venus In Furs.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Cruz is the best thing to happen to the Republican party, since McCain’s VP choice in ’08.

The Dems/Media will crucify him, if they can. The establishment Repubs will doubtlessly offer up the necessary silver to seal the deal

Watch your back, Ted. You’re walking amongst a brood of vipers.

TitularHead on May 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I like the cut of this guy’s gib.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM

J-I-B, fool!

Dennis Miller’s lawyer is sending you a cease-and-desist letter.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

J-I-B, fool!

Dennis Miller’s lawyer is sending you a cease-and-desist letter.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Yeah, right.

Like nonpartisan can actually read…

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Like nonpartisan can actually read…

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Meh, he’s disappointed he got busted so soon, and thouroghly, so the slime is off to some other forum to spew.

cozmo on May 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

cozmo on May 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hope it’s a liberal one. Liberalism always needs a pacifier.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I’ve never lied. Show me ONE statement where I’ve lied.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Still waiting on those answers about Vidal, Holy Trinity, Reynolds, and Everson.

You went on the longest dinner run in history.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

You went on the longest dinner run in history.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Listen, I owe you nothing.

Also, law school was awhile back, and I profess I wasn’t the best of students. And post law school, I decided not to pursue a legal career.

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

You went on the longest dinner run in history.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Against you, it’s not the dinner that counts among the trolls.

It’s the run.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I got busted again and have no answer.

“I regard you as a nonsense person”

cozmo on May 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

God, I love Cruz! I don’t care if he and I disagree on abortion rather stridently. We need him as president in 2016!

Why? Not enough people have the inner intellectual strength to resist the elite consensus. Cruz has that strength. And the elite consensus is far too often just lunatic.

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Too bad it’s not your last post ever.

You’re a failure to your precious Obama. You’re a failure to liberalism.

I hate the idea of what YOU are to your wife and kids, being such a…Well, you being you.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Resist We Much just made you her gib.

HumpBot Salvation on May 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

None of we Conservatives will fight RWM. She knows what she’s doing.

You liberals will try bucking her, and lose every time.

Against RWM, an entire army of liberals are quite overmatched.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM

reading the posts above, it appears as though the schoolyard is here

ok, so I wasn’t too sure about Cruz to begin with, but he is surely winning me over… I can’t think of anything that needs shaking up more than Dingy Harry’s Senate

whatabunchoflosers on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Listen, I owe you nothing.

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Stop it, yer killin’ me!!!

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

The attacks on nonpartisan here are just stupid. In politics, it never makes sense to attack people who agree with you.

And let me be clear that I am impervious to social con bullying. You will never see me write anything like “This will be my last post on this matter.” on any matter that I care about. I urge nonpartisan to interpret “this matter” very narrowly, and to continue posting on whatever he feels is worthy. I enjoy what he has to say.

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Oh geesh, and here I thought you were slowly clawing your way back to relevance.

cozmo on May 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Cruz with another take down. What a bully.

ritewhit on May 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

You went on the longest dinner run in history.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Listen, I owe you nothing.

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

You should just copy and paste this post on every thread on every subject:

frankly, Im not informed enough to give an answer.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I enjoy what he has to say.

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

nonpartisan got himself into his own quagmire. He could have stpped any time he wanted, but didn’t.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM

some pols I was hopeful for like Paul Ryan seem to wilt under any pressure

Cruz seems to thrive on it

He is quickly becoming the epitome of the Reaganesque “happy warrior”

CRUZ 2016

thurman on May 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Did you forget a sarc tag? If not, do you need a tissue?

rsherwd65 on May 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

And I bet Sen. Cruz wouldn’t say harsh things about your areas of disagreements.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

thurman on May 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Well, take the passion of a Cuban, the laid back nature of a Canook, put it in an American and let it bake refry in Texas for a while…

cozmo on May 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I just read the complete context of nonpartisan’s “This will be my last post on this matter.” I take back what I said. Nonpartisan needs to take a break from political posting and do something to develop self-confidence. His current postings indicate he is an utter loser, but that can be changed. Redemption is possible, but arguing politics on the internet is not the path to redemption. Come back in a year nonpartisan if you learn to feel good about yourself, but this is not the place for you at your current mental state.
Seriously, nonpartisan, I would welcome you as an ally if I thought it would do our joint beliefs any good or you any good, but it benefits neither.

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Coming late to the party, thuja is playing second string.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Thuja defends the class idiot…how appropriate ….two peas in a pod….hey Thuja at least you found a thread that didn’t have to do with religion or abortion you simplistic twit.

CW on May 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I profess I wasn’t the best of students.
nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Heh, I doubt you have a high school diploma.

CW on May 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM

After nonpartisan announced that he is a graduate of Harvard Law, he is going to have to do a better job rhetorically. Just when I thought I couldn’t have thought Harvard’s reputation to be more grossly inflated, I am proven wrong.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Agree with nobrain?

bengazi is a political witchhunt by a congressman trying to make a name for himself

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

yeah, they were wrong about it being a youtube video that sparked it. ok, thats not a crime. we have more pressing issues to deal with.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM

what does that have to do with the witchhunt?

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

bagger revolution!!!!!

nonpartisan on April 28, 2013 at 10:37 AM

you know, for one night, you baggers should remove the taint of your partisanship and celebrate the American presidency

President Obama is a fantastic representative of the US – a physical speciman with his statuesque height (very noticeable when he towers over other world leaders) and his charismatic personality that belies his towering intellect

nonpartisan on April 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM

bengazi wasn’t adequately protected against an unforeseen attack. a tragedy happened. end of story.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Except it WAS foreseen…by Ambassador Stevens HIMSELF, which is why he pleaded for more security.

President Obama is pushing [gun control] not for political points, but to prevent more innocent deaths. Whether you agree or disagree with the policy, you must understand his intention is noble.

nonpartisan on April 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM

he is one of the smartest presidents we’ve had, behind maybe only clinton in the last 50 years

partisan on April 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM

no one ever claimed reducing guns will reduce crime. hth

nonpartisan on April 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Than why ban them?

SWalker on April 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

reduce deaths.

nonpartisan on April 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM

you could tell at the end that [Obama] was missing [the basket] on purpose…prob to connect by seeming more ordinary

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

So much to agree with! Not.

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I profess I wasn’t the best of students.
nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Heh, I doubt you have a high school diploma.

CW on May 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Which begs the question: How dare he presume to come here and lecture us? Discussion is one thing; we all try to learn from each other.

But where do these liberals dare presume to come in here and lecture us?

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM

nonpartisan seems to consider himself an event looking for a place to happen.

Typical liberal, in my book.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM

@Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

You are right and I was wrong about nonpartisan.

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM

He can happen here as far as I’m concerned. If he wants to be a verbal punching bag, who am I to quibble?

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I have to debate there.

We suffer him, and that’s not right for any of us.

for example, on the day of Sandy Hook, we friends got together to grieve together, to make sense of it all. We really needed each other, to find peace as colleagues.

But…

…Lo and behold! In came the trolls to ruin it all!

They didn’t allow us any time to mourn. Instead — and nonpartisan was one of them — they attacked our hurt with their liberalism. No, they couldn’t join us in grief for five seconds. THEY and their politics were too important for THAT.

nonpartisan and all the other trolls that day, and for a week after, destroyed any notions I held that liberals like nonpartisan are worth consideration.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

They don’t want you to find peace or comfort, they want you to be guilty. My biggest fear is that there are more like them than us.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Ah, Harry really loved it when go along to get along Republicans was the norm. Suddenly he has a problem with the rules (rules can really be a bit*h when you’re in the majority) but I sincerely hope he learns to appreciate those rules, when he returns to the position of Minority Leader next year.

bflat879 on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I just need to correct this LIE.

I did NOT post on the day of Sandy Hook, even that week iirc.

You are LYING about me. If you claim I posted on that day, then show me one post of mine from that day.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The trolls — nonpartisan included — made fun of us in our grief.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

The only thing better than an epic smackdown, is getting to do it again. On the same ground no less.

Convinced it’s some high school kid.

The only thing I would ever do with RWM regarding Law is ask questions.

Highest regard is well deserved. She makes me hit the books.

If someone can point me to a single error, I’d be surprised.

NonP is some kid. If they would admit as much, I would take a different approach.

wolly4321 on May 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Let the archives tell. Not that I care.

YOU are a liberal and a troll.

Other trolls did what they did, and you are one of them.

Same thing, really. You have spoken for them and they have spoken for YOU.

I see no difference at all between you and all the other trolls.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ted Cruz……my President.

PappyD61 on May 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

They are miserable stupid people, I don’t know what else to say. Eventually they will say something terrible, get banned and some new idiot will come along. I will never understand how we are labelled the awful people.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Reid is too senile to realize the hole he keeps digging.

GarandFan on May 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

YOUR own posts tell, for a year, all there is about you. You are just the same as the other trolls. There is really no meaningful difference among you.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM

“you are lying about me”

You are lying about yourself.

You a Harvard law grad? I’m not. High school drop out.

Tell me, how much wheat should a chicken farmer be allowed to grow?

wolly4321 on May 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Liberals are loose, they need to always be ‘justified’ in what they do.

Conservatives, on the other hand, have a basis for ourselves. The Bile, and/or the Constitution. For some, it’s one or the other. For others, it’s both.

Either way, we Conservatives have some solid base. Liberals have no such thing.

“If it feels good, do it!”

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Should bakers be allowed to work overtime in NY?

wolly4321 on May 7, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Should bakers be allowed to work overtime in NY?

wolly4321 on May 7, 2013 at 11:45 PM

That depends on the tax rate.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM

You don’t need to be a Lawyer to read law.

I’m a highschool drop-out nonP. Your Haaaavard.

Let’s discuss the Lochner era.

You are a bullshitting highschool kid.

wolly4321 on May 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

YOU are still a ghoul, no matter what you did or didn’t do. You were watching that day, but you never came in to grieve with us. I bet you waited for a ‘more opportune’ time to be a liberal.

No surprise there.

YOU are a ghoul, keeping your liberal partisan politics. You know us all after all this time. Why didn’t you grieve with us? Why did you stay away from us that day?

I know these people. Had you come in, without politics, to grieve, we’d have gladly taken you into the fold, as it were.

But you avoided us, though you saw all of us as we truly are, as persons. All for your liberal politics.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I saw YOU as you are.

So don’t you ever again dare lecture me or anyone else around here.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM

You’re welcome, America.

Love.

Texas

txag92 on May 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Down here in the Lone Star state we sure are proud to have voted Ted Cruz into the Senate to shake up the club and especially dingy Harry. Well done-classy! You go Ted. Whoop!

3dpuzzman on May 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I just need to correct this LIE.

I did NOT post on the day of Sandy Hook, even that week iirc.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Busted again… How about three?

Are you assuming the gunman got his gun in Connecticut? Gun control laws limit access to guns, it doesn’t prevent someone from getting a gun in another state and bringing it into the state, dumbass.

nonpartisan on December 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

When you have guns and alot of ammo in a small space, its not difficult to kill alot of people in a very short amount of time.

nonpartisan on December 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

gun laws won’t work on a state by state basis

guns need to be banned from the country period.

the argument that guns dont kill people, people do is retarded. of course guns dont kill by themselves, but guns allow crazy emotional people to inflict crazy damage in a short period of time.

I’m pissed beyond belief that this unnecessary tragedy continues to happen…

for all the gun supporters, answer me this:

How many mass shooting tragedies has occurred in countries with complete bans on guns versus the US? That defeats any stupid arguments you have.

nonpartisan on December 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM

And, there are many, many, many more…

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

And, there are many, many, many more…

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Sheesh, Esquire!

The rest of us are tearing his soul(?) apart. That’s cheap and easy, off the cuff. You don’t need the archives to get it don’t.

Besides, he’s too stupid to read all you have. Dr. Seuss would overload his circuits.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM

The trolls — nonpartisan included — made fun of us in our grief.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Thread’s hopping, so you might not feel like it ATM. But for reference, John the Bastard Is Alive and Well.

Axe on May 8, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I’ve never lied. Show me ONE statement where I’ve lied.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM

You’ve got to be kidding.

Axe on May 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM

And, there are many, many, many more…

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Whoever paid for that Harvard degree wasted a bunch of money for nada.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Axe on May 8, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Liberals take sport in our grief, seeking weakness and a place to exploit.

If Sarah Palin lost Trig, liberals like our trolls would laugh at her tears.

Liberals are total heartless scum.

Liam on May 8, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Watch your back, Ted. You’re walking amongst a brood of vipers.

TitularHead on May 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

yeap the liberals are sharpening their knives for Cruz. And if not for that VP choice in 2008 Cruz wouldn’t be in the senate today. Instead we would have the rove/Bush approved jr senator from TX instead of a real conservative like Cruz.

I can’t wait for 2014 and see what other great conservatives the Palin/Cruz team can get into congress.

unseen on May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Ted Cruz.. The best hope we have right now that a giant is there to maybe fill Reagan’s shoes..

Go Ted.. We’ll be with you.

mark81150 on May 8, 2013 at 2:23 AM

unseen on May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Preach it, Bro.

TitularHead on May 8, 2013 at 3:06 AM

It was Shakespearean!

Basically Cruz just went Anthony on Brutus…I mean Harry Reid!

After all Reid is a candid man…

Cruz was born to be President.

William Eaton on May 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
First thing I thought of when I read Cruz’s remarks! Another poster did as well when he posted the quote from Antony’s speech.

txmomof6 on May 8, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Reid is such a scumbag.

John the Libertarian on May 8, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Well done…Sarah!

Don L on May 8, 2013 at 4:46 AM

And, there are many, many, many more…

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

As they say on the game show. “Good answer.” Almost as cool as Cruz.

Don L on May 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM

thuja on May 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Agree with nobrain?

Resist We Much on May 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM

thuja feeds on aborted fetuses. She loves butchering babies more than anything. Please stop feeding thuja.

John the Libertarian on May 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Guess who couldn’t pass the bar.

talkingpoints on May 8, 2013 at 6:13 AM

And, there are many, many, many more…

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Looks like it’s time for another long, long dinner break.

bigmacdaddy on May 8, 2013 at 6:15 AM

They keep using “esteemed” and “honorable” when talking about politicians.

I don’t think those words mean what they think those words mean.

LoganSix on May 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Listen, I owe you nothing.

This will be my last post on this matter.

noFORESKIN on you were May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

…you were an affirmitive action student…and you were too stupid to get a government job?

KOOLAID2 on May 8, 2013 at 6:35 AM

John the Libertarian on May 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM

thuja is a…ggggiiiirrrrllll?

22044 on May 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Nonpartisan claims to have gone to Harvard Law?

That’s funny. I doubt very much that she went to law school at all, but if she did, it was to a third tier school at best.

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

What’s funny is that demon-crats bully people* all the time and it gets little, or no coverage by the MSM.

Well, the shoe’s on the other foot and Cruz is trying to get Reid and company to give us back our hard earned lunch money.

*Condi, Justice Thomas, Palin, President Bush, Romney (just last week), tax payers and businesses (big & small).

kregg on May 8, 2013 at 7:59 AM

That was really pretty hilarious.

I think more republicans should respond to the disingenuous ploys of the democrats.

Deep delicious sarcasm.

Karmashock on May 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM

If Reid keeps getting his a$$ handed to him like this any more he is going to have transfer to a new school.

katy on May 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Brilliant post.

ToddPA on May 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

OMG. That was a thing of beauty.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I agree with Carville: The GOP hasn’t seen a talent like Cruz for the last 30 years. Plus he’s fearless.

petefrt on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Shove Harry to the ground and take back our lunch money.

Buddahpundit on May 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM

This made me laugh out loud.

totherightofthem on May 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Some in the GOP could take a lesson from Ted.

Charlemagne on May 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM

/better

roy_batty on May 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I love Ted Cruz. He drives the Obama cultists crazy because he is very effective. They are trying to discredit him, but it’s not working. Cruz is no Palin! He will demolish and devour all you amnesty-pushing, tax-raising, gun-grabbing, America-bashing, “occupy Wall Street”-supporting bums and spit you out. And he won’t break a sweat while doing it. Tangle with Cruz at your peril. This isn’t a man who runs and hides from a fight.

bluegill on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Basilsbest on May 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

That was weak? Dude, that was a sharp stick in Reid’s eye. Ted is something else, he totally gets it

MMinCanonCity on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Listen, I owe you nothing.

This will be my last post on this matter.

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Nonpartisan claims to have gone to Harvard Law?

Monkeytoe on May 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM

And yesterday nonintelligent was telling us how young he/she is. It won’t give any specifics at all, ever.

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

MMinCanonCity on May 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Yeah, I agree.
Use the budget weapon another day.

22044 on May 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

This Harry Reid guy may well dispel the notion you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. He hasn’t learned yet though.

DanMan on May 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Oh. So that’s the sound of a bitch being slapped!

nukemhill on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Nonpartisan claims to have gone to Harvard Law?

You went to Harvard Law?

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Snort.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Let’s rephrase that. You were a student at Harvard? Did you graduate from Harvard?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

yes to both.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Resist We Much on May 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Nonpartisan claims to have gone to Harvard Law?

NotCoach on May 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

It is as ‘smart’ as Obama.

Schadenfreude on May 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Basilsbest on May 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I wonder if that would have violated the spirit of the rules of the Senate, on how one refers to the other members. The Senate has odd rules. And even if Reid violates them, or very nearly violates them, doesn’t mean Cruz should too.

Paul-Cincy on May 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I can assure you that Senator Cruz very carefully did follow the letter and the spirit of those Senate rules. His civility in getting adverse points across is really Senatorial – a far cry from some of the dunces now sitting in that body, who succeed only because of a fawning mainstream media which call them out on neither boorishness nor mendacity.

Insufficiently Sensitive on May 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

This Cruz guy has some testicles..

Electrongod on May 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM

…so that means… no trolls on this thread!

KOOLAID2 on May 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Except for libfree because he likes to put his….you know…he’s…well…gay…soooooo…yeah.

Bishop on May 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Ooh, ooh, teabagging reference!!!!1!11!1! Now where’s Ahole Cooper??

Nutstuyu on May 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Oh. So that’s the sound of a bitch being slapped!

nukemhill on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Garden variety no doubt.

Nutstuyu on May 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Cruz is no Palin!

bluegill on May 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Oh, well. Can’t have everything, I guess. He’s still pretty good, though.

I think the biggest difference between these two is that Cruz is a very intellectual guy, almost wonkish. He’s what Bork might have been on the Supreme Court. He represents intellectual conservative-power continually firing on all cylinders.

In contrast, Palin, at least to me, represents the American Spirit personified. She’s Joan of Arc of America (at least to me). She’s a symbol of everything decent, good and strong in our country. She’s the spirit of the Founding Fathers–even if, unfortunately, we live in corrupt times so that her message has been belittled and marginalized.

I will root for Cruz and hope he continues to demolish stupid liberals who can’t keep up with his big brain; as for Palin, I will trust her gut and wherever she leads, I’ll follow.

Burke on May 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Leave us not forget – Palin was muzzled by the McCain Machine during the campaign, just think back on what she’s done to them SINCE.

Palin and Cruz, what a one-two punch, with Paul the Younger as a follow up.

PJ Emeritus on May 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM