Christie: I had lap-band surgery to shed weight

posted at 8:41 am on May 7, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

After years of criticism over his weight, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie decided over the winter to take action.  After consulting with Jets head coach Rex Ryan on his successful weight-loss surgery, Christie underwent lap-band surgery in February, he told the New York Post in an exclusive:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie secretly underwent lap-band stomach surgery to aggressively slim down for the sake of his wife and kids, he revealed to The Post last night.

The Garden State governor agreed to the operation at the urging of family and friends after turning 50 last September.

He told The Post he was thinking of his four kids and how it was time to start improving his health when he decided to have the procedure.

“I’ve struggled with this issue for 20 years,” he said. “For me, this is about turning 50 and looking at my children and wanting to be there for them.”

Good for the Governor for thinking of his family — but is that all he considered?  After all, Christie has generated plenty of interest as a potential presidential candidate, although his recent gun-control push has tempered that considerably of late.  Christie says that was the furthest thing from his mind:

He also insisted that, contrary to what observers may say, the effort to slim down was not motivated by thoughts of a presidential bid.

“It’s so much more important than that,” he said.

Well, it is, but it’s also a little coincidental in terms of the timing.  Christie will run for re-election this year in what is expected to be a historic landslide victory, which means he will be free to consider a run by early 2014.  That gives him plenty of time to re-position himself for the Republican primary fight, and his weight should be off by the time he would have to seriously campaign in early-to-mid-2015.  If he does have aspirations for higher office, he probably wouldn’t have time to lose that kind of weight in two years through non-surgical methods, and there’s little doubt his weight would have been an issue.

Matt Lauer and Nancy Snyderman explain the surgery and the prognosis for the formerly self-proclaimed healthiest fat guy around:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Chris Christie story at donut-thirty…what timing.

hillsoftx on May 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Amazing to me that with the amount of weight he claims to have lost nobody noticed. He must have been hiding it well.

cat-scratch on May 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM

So did they use a Truck Tire for the lap band?

ToddPA on May 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM

how soon before we see the iphone video of him barfing up a Big Mac?

renalin on May 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I had the band three years ago and am down 80 lbs and holding. Don’t regret a moment of it. However, it is NOT a magic cure. It is a tool, and you have to work with it. Any determined idiot can defeat it and/or harm themselves with it. It helped me get to where I want to be gradually, and it helped me cling to new eating habits.

I’ve read a lot of horror stories about complications during surgery (blood clots, stroke, et al), but you have to remember that the patients climbing up on that table are generally already in poor health. Statistically they are more prone to these complications anyway. It is a risk, and for them it is riskier. That’s why it takes a lot of counseling and time before they will stick a band in you.

ToddW on May 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Who cares about his weight? My husband outweighs me by about 140 LBS.
So what? My problems w/ Christie have NOTHING to do with his weight.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM

As Bill Engvall would say when the question
Is Christie running in 2016 comes up,

“Here’s your sign”

ToddPA on May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Well I cannot say what motive that Christie had but I had the lap band surgery back in 2005. In about five years I lost from almost 300 pounts to about 195. My legs do not kill me as much and I move and feel a lot better. I would suggest the Jay Leno wannabes read up on the subject before they make comments.

logicman_1998 on May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I wish Christie would get LIB-band surgery to shed his liberalism.

Pork-Chop on May 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Rex Ryan ain’t exactly a ringing endorsement. Maybe the Jets can hire Chris Christie as Ryan’s successor.

22044 on May 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Trying to go from gravity to gravitas.

itsnotaboutme on May 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Oh and for the record, if Christie runs for POTUS, I hope he fails miserably.

ToddW on May 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

The transformation and the doubling down of his liberal bonafides begins.

Krispy will soon change his name to Raoul Gonzalez, announce that he proudly assisted his daughter with getting an abortion, will post a campaign video of himself smashing an AR15 with a sledgehammer, and hold a press conference to say that his son is marrying Dan Savage.

Bishop on May 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM

He can lose all the weight he wants. If he’s the nominee in 2016, I’m staying home.

Doughboy on May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Politics

cmsinaz on May 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I see the cheeto eaters are out of the basement. Most successful electable republican and you people dismiss him with insults. Got worship at the alter of Carnival Cruz….who is detested by the main stream.

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

This is about as important as Pelosi getting botox or Reid a facelift.

But I wonder if Christie used Sandy relief funds for the surgery, the way his BFF Andrew Cuomo is spending $140 million of it for an ad campaign to attract business to NY.

Liam on May 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I had lap-band surgery to shed weight

Well that’s good. I’d hate it if announced he had lap-band surgery for hair loss or something.

But if Christie thinks that less of him is going to make him any more of a draw for the GOP rank-and-file then he will be sorely disappointed. He’s still the same fat bastard who stood on that beach and all but french kissed the rat-eared coward as he endorsed him over Romney. Elephants don’t forget.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

now christie will have one more thing in common with al roker.

every time obama walks by, christie will shart in his shorts.

*rimshot*

renalin on May 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Ditto doughboy

cmsinaz on May 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Careful, your jealousy is showing.

22044 on May 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

So being forced to eat less must have caused a glucose deficit to his brain which explains the recent Obamuh-love comments. Do they have lap band for fat heads?

stukinIL4now on May 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Doughboy on May 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Since i live in NJ, I won’t be voting for him this November either. This will be the first election I’ve missed since 1976.

Naturally Curly on May 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Mainstream of what exactly? Christie successful?, electable?, Republican? Third strike and you’re out.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

It seems there is a Christie story every day anymore. I’m sick of hearing about him. Doesn’t matter what he weighs, I won’t vote for him. His “brand” is permanently damaged. Maybe he can get a job hugging Obama and telling him what a good job he’s doing in retirement and consulting with the Brady Bunch on “sensible” restriction of constitutional rights.

deepdiver on May 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I’d sooner perform lap-band surgery on myself than vote for Christie.

DRayRaven on May 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Renalin….. thread winner

cmsinaz on May 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Good for him and his family. Now if he had his rhino positions surgically removed even better.

Kissmygrits on May 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Good for you, guv.
And I do hope his stated perspective/motive is the truth.

pambi on May 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM

stukinIL4now on May 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM

No the Obama endorsement happened in October. Fat man didn’t go in for the operation until February. Whole lot of unaccounted for RINO stupidity in between.

I’m all for the man doing what he needs to do to be there for his family but that doesn’t change his politics. Still utterly unacceptable for a GOP candidate if that is what he is aiming for.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Lord. We’re 3 years away from the next presidential election and folks are already threatening to stay home.

Paultards
Romneybots

I can’t wait to see what we call each other in 2016.

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Why didn’t he jump on mama mooch’s let’s move program???? Mama mooch would have been so proud! Teach me how to duggie mooch!

GhoulAid on May 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

A good thing. This is save on med bills in the long run except for excess skin removal which the ins. co.s will probable find an excuse to cover.

I am sad b/c after he hugged our dear O, I was waiting to hear that he chocked to death at dinner one evening trying to down a whole chicken or maybe even a young cow.

That happened to some larger folks.

IlikedAUH2O on May 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I didn’t make any secret of the fact that I gave up on the Republican Party a year ago, months before the ’12 presidential election. Have you been living in a cave? :P

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

***

Got [to?] worship at the alter of Carnival Cruz….who is detested by the main stream.

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

They detested Reagan, too, didn’t they?

My reaction to Christie is a little like Pop Kush’s reaction to Jerry Maguire after Maguire finished the call with Bob Sugar: “You were on the beach with the liberal, radical fellow.”

BuckeyeSam on May 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

If it works…To get the media to like them, maybe he and Ann Coulter can swap clothes every now and then.

IlikedAUH2O on May 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Good for him.

Now all he needs to do is publicly switch parties.

workingclass artist on May 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I could care less about what goes into his mouth, only what comes out of it.

Limerick on May 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I’m sick and tired of weak tea CINOs as our nominees. If Christie wins the 2016 nomination I’m staying home on election day. This Flukewit is not shy about wanting to destroy our 2nd Amendment rights.

NotCoach on May 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

You’re right. He is the most electable Republican.

Sincerely,
Presidents McCain and Romney

Doughboy on May 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM

He loves government more than he loves McDonald’s.

EddieC on May 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Freshman GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, for instance, is among those arguing the bill is effectively a tax increase on consumers.

“How is it fair for a Texas business to collect taxes to support California Gov. Jerry Brown’s big spending? Or to underwrite New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s nanny statism or Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s anti-Second Amendment agenda?” Cruz said in a Sunday opinion piece at Real Clear Politics.

Conservative Texans could, of course, avoid any such risk of support for liberal policies by only shopping online at businesses based in red states.

workingclass artist on May 7, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Guess what: they all gain it back, band or not. Look at Huckabee.

Marcus on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I personally think being fat is part of his charm…a skinny look wouldn’t work for him

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My prediction: Republicans will run someone “electable” in 2016, lose horribly, and America will continue its spiraling descent down the toilet of history into the sewer of failed social experiments.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Yeah for many of us, holding our noses and voting for Romney and McCain was as loyal as we were going to be to the Republican party.

Apparently people like you and the GOP establishment has forgotten that politicians work for us. They have to work for our votes. If they don’t get them, it isn’t the fault of the voters; it is the fault of the politician. When the GOP is already thinking of running another squish after losing with two squishes in a row, I say good luck, but this time you will be doing it without my drunk vote.

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

What he really needed was testicular augmentation surgery.

crrr6 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

NEWS FLASH: Nonpartisan is a chubby chaser.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

He could have DIED! See what all your fat jokes made him do? :)

astonerii on May 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

He is electable right now because the press loves him because he goes after his own party much the way they love McCain. Once he goes after one of their Messiahs like Hillary; their love affair will quickly turn to hate. And Christie who was once considered a “moderate” by mainstream will now be a homophobic rabid rightwinger like the rest of us. Ask Romney…

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

No, I’m fully aware of the GOP’s problems.

For the most part, I’ve given up on the GOP as well. But, I can’t bring myself to not vote. And I absolutely despise democrats so much I vote GOP anyway.

It’s a conundrum.

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I think people are so shell-shocked over the damage wrought by Obama, the 2006-2010 dem controlled congresses and their RINO enablers that we are a bit reactive to the continued suggestions of another Dole/McCain/Romney shoved down our throats by the belt-way GOP political class.

If I (god forbid) lived in New Jersey I would likely vote for Christie for governor. He seems to be more conservative than any other option for that position. But compared to conservatives from the lower Midwest, most of the south and near West, he is blue, blue, blue. His 2A positions alone would prevent his election in this neck of the woods where gun ownership runs around 90% of households (according to the local paper).

deepdiver on May 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

All these years of being in the public eye and Christie just decides to get right, right now? And with no thought to a presidential run in 2016? Bull. Shit.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

If he decides to run, I hope the state GOP heads are smart enough to insist upon closed primaries.

ButterflyDragon on May 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Who cares what you think, you’ll still vote for Shrillery.

BeachBum on May 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I have voted for each Republican nominee since Nov. 4, 1980. I am now done voting for the lesser of two evils; no more. If Christie is the nominee, I will not vote in the presidential election.

For me, I equate it to my military service; I would rather die standing than live on my knees.

And I don’t “worship” anything but my liberty. G.F.Y.

M240H on May 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It’s a conundrum.

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Not for me. Not any longer. Not when there are GOP “luminaries” out there pushing tax increases and amnesty openly. One day you’ll decide to stop losing sleep over the sad clusterf**k that is American politics, and when you do, it will be very liberating. I promise.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

ButterflyDragon on May 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

That would mean that the GOP was smart.. And when has the GOP ever been smart?

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Exactly! I often wonder what Romney as President would have actually done when you have our house speaker crossing over to vote for higher taxes etc. Would we have just gotten gun control, amnesty, funding for Obamcare, and tax increasess just that much faster?

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

That would mean that the GOP was smart.. And when has the GOP ever been smart?

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

The last time I can think of anything happening in the GOP that reflected well on it, I was two years old and America was in the throes of the Carter presidency.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

So diet and excersize weren’t possible?

libfreeordie on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

It doesn’t matter. Romney didn’t make the sale. The rest is academic.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

You know this guy should run, with Toomey as his running
mate. The Laurel and Hardy team, with a Gun grabbed in every pot.

ToddPA on May 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

So diet and excersize weren’t possible?

libfreeordie on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Diet and exercise are imperative with lap band surgery. The stomach expands on its own regardless of how small its made; if Christie’s surgery didn’t involve intensive dietary counselling, he’ll be right back where he started long before he loses in 2016.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:28 AM

You know this guy should run, with Toomey as his running
mate. The Laurel and Hardy team, with a Gun grabbed in every pot.

ToddPA on May 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

“A fine mess you’ve gotten us into now, Ollie Christie!”

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I see the “true republicans” are starting to back Christie and RINOs like him for 2016, and attacking all posters who won’t KTA and go along with them…just as they did for President Romney, in a move which helped him win the election so easily.

Oh, wait…

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

So diet and excersize weren’t possible?

libfreeordie on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Are you making a judgement about someone’s personal life? Seems to me that that is a little hypocritical..

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I bet Christie changes parties before 2016 and runs for POTUS as a Dem.

bitsy on May 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Is that what Killary is going with on her look?

Bishop on May 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

1) Good for him. I hope it works out.

2) Still not voting for him. Evah.

trigon on May 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

rubberneck on May 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Electable where, east coast blue state crap holes populated by grifting douchebags? Yah, that’s what I thought.

Bishop on May 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I’m 120. My husband is 260. He’s maybe 2 inches taller than I am. Maybe.
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. LoL
*My husband isn’t a RINO. RINO makes everyone that wears it look ugly.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Oh, wait…

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Oh stop.. I held my nose and voted for Romney.. Considering the lack of fight that Romney put in against Obama; that was actually pretty magnanimous of me. My first loyalty as a voter has always been to my own political ideology. If the Republicans keep nominating people who don’t fit with it and who actually line more with Democrats than the do with me; then why should I vote their way?

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

NEWS FLASH: Nonpartisan is a chubby chaser.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:18 AM

And a Harvard Law grad. Fat girls everywhere are swooning.

NotCoach on May 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I he runs, I will not vote for him and that would be the first time I don’t vote in a presidential election since the first time I voted for Nixon.

BeachBum on May 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

So diet and excersize weren’t possible?

libfreeordie on May 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My husband’s fat. He looks at a cookie and gains weight. I skip lunch and lose 5 lbs.
It’s not always that simple.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I’m 120. My husband is 260. He’s maybe 2 inches taller than I am. Maybe.
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

No thanks. I don’t like my women anorexic, but I also don’t like my politicians flaming liberal. Christie can go float his fat ass down the Hudson for all I care.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Melle, I think KJ is criticizing the folks who criticize you for not voting their way. KJ was no Rombot.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Of course, I did to. I feel the same way as you. I was just remembering how bad it got around here with individuals like rubberneck, Gunlock Bill, and Jailbreak, insulting everyone they could and disrupting thread. “on behalf of the Romney Campaign”./

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

What would be the difference between Chrispy and Shrillary? They are both men, they are both fat and they are both progressives.

BeachBum on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Who cares what you think, you’ll still vote for Shrillery.

BeachBum on May 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

nah, I’d take christie over any current dem potential nominee

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Exactly. It got ugly around here with those “seminar callers” vomiting all over threads.

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

LOL…HAHAHAHAHA …. yeah, right. But just think, in 2016 you will finally be old enough to vote.

BeachBum on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Sorry.. I was an ABR, and I remember getting the TrueCon crap from people like Meredith and Bluegill, so that is still a little sensitive for me. :)

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I was referring to his weight-not his politics.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

nah, I’d take christie over any current dem potential nominee

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

ROFL

Bishop on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

It’s not always that simple.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

thats a load of baloney

if your husband, or any fat person, could exercise some control, they’d be able to regulate their weight

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I was, too. There was lot of garbage slung in Mitt’s name around here, which he probably would not have approved of.

Trolls passing themselves off as “concerned Republicans”.

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

nah, I’d take christie over any current dem potential nominee

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Christie didn’t graduate from Harvard Law. Is a Harvard Law grad really going to vote for a non-Harvard Law grad?

NotCoach on May 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I was referring to his weight-not his politics.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I got that. But I couldn’t care less about his weight.

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

You can starve to death for lack of food, Butch. You won’t starve to death for lack of sex.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Look, my comment was not a personal attack, just an observation.

I agree on the nose holding. For the last two presidential elections I’ve done it too.

I’ve preached to my kids their whole lives the importance of exercising their right to vote. To have a voice. So for me personally, I can’t be a hypocrite and stay home. Even when faced with a crappy candidate.

I’m far from “establishment”. Don’t assume you know me.

BacaDog on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

thats a load of baloney

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Harvard Law: Fatty Tort and Retort

NotCoach on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

thats a load of baloney

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

You have no idea what you are talking about. Right now I am wonderfully slim size 6, but there is times when I am quite overweight for my 5 foot frame. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SELF CONTROL. I have an auto-immune disease that requires that I go on Prednisone. Do you know what Prednisone does to someone’s body? People’s bodies are different. Not everyone is meant to be a size 2..And some people are fat for reasons that you don’t know. So STFU mmmkay

melle1228 on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Evidently, you are unfamiliar with heredity. Which is understandable, since your family tree probably does not fork.

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

NotCoach on May 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

thats one of the dumbest statements I’ve come across on hotair

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

a fat person is just a sex addict with an addiction for food rather than sex

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

At least nonpartisan is a Harvard Law grad, KJ. You’re not fit to taste his food for poison!/

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

thats one of the dumbest statements I’ve come across on hotair

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Not counting your own, I suppose.

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM

gryphon202 on May 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I know. And, I’m grateful. I enjoy living.:)

kingsjester on May 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

nonpartisan on May 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Nonsense. There’s a genetic component to obesity. It runs in both my husband and ex-husband families. Being too thin/eating disorders run in mine.
Naturally thin Spawn outweighs me by maybe 10 Lbs. I’m short. He’s tall. I’m not over-weight.
Genetics.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It’s not the fat below the neck that concerns me, governor.

PackerBronco on May 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM