An armed march on Washington? Let’s not. Update: Kokesh an anti-war smear merchant?

posted at 2:31 pm on May 4, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

Before we get started on this story, I would like to take a moment to point out that you’d be hard pressed to find any point where I’ve been anything but a staunch defender of the Second Amendment, as I would hope most regular readers know. I’ve taken flack for it from a lot of people this year, ranging from family members to folks in the media. But even approaching it from that sort of position, I’ve got to say that this is a really bad idea.

A march on Washington with loaded rifles

Libertarian activist and radio host Adam Kokesh is hoping to get 1,000 people to march on Washington on July 4 — armed with loaded rifles. The plan, launched with a Facebook group today, is to gather on the Virginia side of the Potomac, where gun laws are lax, and then march across the bridge with loaded rifles slung over their shoulders into the District, where openly carrying weapons is generally prohibited.

“This will be a non-violent event,” the Facebook group warns, “unless the government chooses to make it violent.” Already, over 200 people have said they’ll attend the march.

The plan is to march over the bridge, around the Capitol building, the Supreme Court and the White House, all with loaded rifles slung over their shoulders. Honestly, it’s difficult to imagine a worse idea, particularly in the midst of a heated debate with gun grabbers in the government. Kokesh describes this as an act of “civil disobedience” but it falls well short of that goal. If he wanted to promote an act of peacefully breaking the law to make a point, it would certainly be worthy of considering. For example, you could take a large number of people to block the entrance to the main office of the A.T.F and force the police to arrest and remove you. But this is something very different.

Showing up with a thousand (or even a few hundred) people openly carrying loaded weapons and marching toward the Capitol is not something that law enforcement is going to play around with, particularly when you announce it in advance. And they’re not going to allow the march to proceed “peacefully” either. Normally I’d write this off as a bad idea that wouldn’t gain widespread support, but the problem here is that it doesn’t need widespread support. It would really only take a few hundred really upset people to get it rolling. And even if most of them intend it to be peaceful, when the officials show up to arrest them, weapons drawn, you have the potential for disaster which Rick Moran foresees.

With the furor over gun rights and the government’s efforts at gun control, this march is likely to attract enough people to make it an extraordinarily dangerous event. Who knows what kooks will be marching? Most marchers will no doubt be level headed and sincere in their desire for a non-violent event. But it only takes one unbalanced person to cause a tragedy.

Sensible gun owners, along with the NRA, are making the point that the government needs to respect the rights of law abiding, responsible gun owners and spend their time chasing the actual criminals. There could be no better gift to hand to gun rights opponents than to have a bunch of people get arrested for breaking established (if really bad) gun laws or, worse, getting in a shootout with the cops. This is not the type of representation we need in this debate.

UPDATE: (Jazz) From the Boss Emeritus. Was this all a dodge?

[Kokesh] marched in uniform in mock patrols for the anti-war movement, paraded around holding an upside-down American flag (see Jonn Lilyea for more), was arrested for defacing signs, and traveled to Germany to urge soldiers to abandon their posts and seek aid and comfort with his anti-war minions.

Kokesh, believe it or not, is now running as a Republican candidate for Congress in New Mexico. And, believe it or not, he is getting positive exposure on at least one Fox News show. He has the backing of Ron Paul, the Republican Liberty Caucus, and the 9/12 Project.

The New Mexico Republican Party has its head in the sand. If you have friends and family in New Mexico, make sure they know who the real Adam Kokesh is.

He is an anti-war smear merchant in GOP clothing. Spread the word.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

if you want to get arrested that bad hire a hooker and do some blow. at least get some bang for your buck.
really this is a stupid idea.
its not a bad idea, its a stupid idea.

dmacleo on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You guys could save me a lot of time approving your comments if you’d substitute the term for a female dog with “beeyatch” or something of that ilk.

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Bishop, “Shall not be infringed” Ev-Uh, is a bit tired and simplistic…Congress shall make NO law regarding Free Speech either and YET we allow and accept Reasonable limitations on that, too…so please stop with not infringed EVER, stuff, because our BoR Rights are “infringed” quite a bit.

JFKY on May 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Agreed, I hate the simplistic language of the Constitution too, just not enough nuance for this modern, hip age.

Maybe one fine day we will decide not to “allow and accept” such things. Until then I won’t stop because that is one right I still have, your mileage may differ.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

easily a Hot Air contributor with a gun

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

But in this case DBear it will be leftist lovers with guns marching on Washington!

Here is Adam Kokesh with none other than Cindy Sheehan holding hands!

Kokesh and Sheehan holding hands!

He also has organized rallies with none other than Code Pink! DBear why don’t you march with them and fight for the progressive cause!

William Eaton on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

(-;

Well..for you Hawk..I will let you call me Brazil.
Since you bowed and all.

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Why? Idiots got to be idiots….

ladyingray on May 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I was being sarcasm. This has been f-ing delicious.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Like HAL?

HAL is my beeyatch HAL.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM

The comments section of this blog is a joke.

HotAirLib on May 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Which makes your side’s inability to carry on a debate and near-universal tendency to flee threads when facts are posted all the more sad.

Say, now that you mention it:

read the full report here:

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

DBear, do you have any idea what percentage of violent crime in the US involves a firearm?

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

The filter is ridiculous. I suggest a tiered filter system if you guys won’t readjust it. Give long time posters, who have never had their posts deleted or kept in filter hell for all eternity, a pass on the filter altogether.

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Personally, I’m not sure why that one even gets noticed or monitored. I’m constantly searching for a way to represent it without it losing it’s most appropriate pronunciation and connotation. I think I like bixch. When I type it that way, does it read like the real word?

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

“Shall not be infringed”. Ever.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I’ve noticed that conservatives have been posting that sentence fragment quite a bit lately. Why are you leaving out the entire first half of the amendment(“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State”)? Moreover, why are you leaving out most of the second half as well (“the right of the people to keep and bear Arms”)?

And I still don’t understand what the point of repeatedly posting “shall not infringe” is, at least unless it is followed by an explanation as to its application to the facts at hand. Aside from leaving out most of the text of the amendment, you’re just begging the question as to whether the law/government action at issue does in fact infringe the right to bear arms. What if everytime someone brought up a law burdening (however indirectly) speech, a string of nonsensical posts followed, stating “CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW!!!11″ It’s very tiresome.

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

*sarcastic

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Ohhhhh, I remember Kokesh; a premier jackass who found his calling in being a psychotic anti-everything domestic terrorist.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

It got too hot in here. It fled…..trend?

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

BEEEEEYOTCH ;)

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

It’s like the T is taking a break, no?

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Research is my friend?
See comments above or talk to Malkin.

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

B!tch is easy, as you can see. Or b1tch. And when I’m feeling particularly irritated by the filter I’ll type something like b(the number i)tch.

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Yeah, that old parchment document that is the ultimate law of the land sure is old and tired. It’s very unhip in fact.

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

OMG lol….Oh, I better quit stalling and go to work, or I’m going to get in big trouble.
ttfn :)

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

That’s why we have you, to make sure that everyone knows the words preceding and following that fragment of sentence.

So you be sure to monitor these topics closely and everytime someone says “shall not be infringed” I want you to jump in and post the entirety from which it springs. Maybe Ed will pay you a nickel every time you do, a nice second income for ya.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Much better idea – your co. could make a simple change and approve the term “b*tch”.

Just saying :)

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

You just infringed on our rights.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

ttfn :)

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

? ttfn?

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

What’s that sound?

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

ta ta for now, I know I’m a nerd.

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

The most capricious filter on the interwebs. You yourself can post any word you want in the header but the comments are filtered using those same words.

Or another example: The word as.shole has to be modified yet jackass gets through. Now you could say that jackass is a synonym for male donkey, but bit.ch is an animal-related term also, why the difference?

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

In this case, you are right Jazz. An ARMED march on Washington DC (not the state or Washington PA) would always be considered as armed insurrection no matter what the circumstances. The stupid media host, Adam Kokesh , is definitely guilty of inciting insurrection. I should like to see the FBI enter the picture and educate him. There is no second amendment case here. The United States Army is empowered, under the command of the President, to put down acts of sedition and insurrection. Posse commitatus also does not apply. So, all you dudes that are preparing to take up arms against a sea of troubles, prepare for the worst.

Old Country Boy on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

yes..why can’t you say BEEYOTCH for real.
I dance around words everyday..
Others words o key dough key..
Makes no sense.
Well..not my biz.

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

You just infringed on our rights.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

SHALL NOT INFRINGE.

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I couldn’t disagree more. And that’s why I think it’s unfortunate when people misunderstand it, or quote it selectively.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I’m happy to see you can form complete sentences.

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

far too many, which is why we need stricter gun control.

let’s compare the # dead:

at Virginia Tech:

32 dead

at Lone Star College:

ZERO.

I know, I know you idiots, lets have “knife control” let’s ban cars they kill more people!

Knives and cars are not used simply to kill they have other everyday uses like making dinner and getting to work. Cars are registered, too, btw, like guns should be….

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

ta ta for now, I know I’m a nerd.

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Oh yeah..would have guessed that..lol
Yeah..but your my nerdy pal. :)
See ya

bazil9 on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

NotCoach on May 4, 2013

Just sent that to the tech nerd. I don’t know if it’s technically feasible, but I agree that it’s a very good idea.

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

What’s that sound?

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

HAL singing *crickets*?

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I’ve tried numbers. I want the real word. I suppose all we can do is bixch about it. (See the t’s resting)

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Just not in 2-5th…there are way more important languages for life and business. You miss the entire point.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

You are wrong on several levels. First, the earlier you start the easier the learning process is for languages. So 2nd-5th grade is actually an excellent time to begin, especially for a language as linguistically different from English as Arabic.

Second, Arabic is the fifth most spoken language on the planet, two spots behind English. The number of Arab speakers is approximately the same as for French, German and Japanese combined. So it is clearly “important for life and business”. If any of the children from this school stick with it and become fluent, there are many companies that would be eager to hire them on the basis of what will no doubt continue to be a fairly unique linguistic skill.

Finally, I didn’t miss any of your points. I was merely providing context to allow others to see that your negative reaction to, and mentions of sharia, beheadings and headscarves as the result of one school instituting a language program were just an over-reaction to a fairly common and completely optional form of curriculum customization.

Bottom line: the United States continues to lag other countries significantly in the number of foreign-language speakers. As international trade becomes more competitive, incorporating more language learning earlier in our education process, for all languages, will pay economic dividends in the long run.

HTL on May 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

the UK and Australia (both banned guns). Take a gander at homicide rates and violent crime rates after their bans
NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

U.K murder rate is at the lowest since 1987

Violent crime is falling here as well

mags on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

far too many, which is why we need stricter gun control.

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

In other words…you don’t know.

Violent crime went up after they banned guns in Great Britain.

Your thought process is so simplistic.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

far too many, which is why we need stricter gun control.

let’s compare the # dead:

at Virginia Tech:

32 dead

at Lone Star College:

ZERO.

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Actual numbers, please. Otherwise you’re making a faith-based religious argument.

What percentage of violent crime in the US involves a firearm?

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Will you let me have one on my ranch to protect my livestock? (We have wild dogs and coyotes here)

I mean, since I have to answer to you for my Constitutional rights now, professor.

WIll you at least think about it for us?

Please!

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I’m happy to see you can form complete sentences.

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Awww, thanks dude, I’ve been practicin’ my diction and letters. The teachers says I’m doin’ real good for a hayseed.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Violent crime is falling here as well

mags on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

As more states have actually shown more respect for the rights of the people.

After the ban crime went up …even many gun crimes.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

HTL on May 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

The US also lags in posting on the correct thread.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

mags on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

From your own article:

WHAT UTTER RUBBISH , lots of violent crime is not even recorded for fear of reprisal, your `dumb´ statistics cannot kid the man on the street , wake up Cameron and your `cronies´ Britains streets are out of control and have been for years .

- paul , germany, Germany, 25/4/2013 19:43
Click to rate Rating 9

“………………………..OFFICIAL statistics show……………………” Ho hum………………..

- Old Robert , Worcester UK, 25/4/2013 18:59
Click to rate Rating 8

Yet more lies

- TrevSpilsby , Spilsby, United Kingdom, 25/4/2013 18:43
Click to rate Rating 9

How can our jails be full, and records show, the fullest for a very long time, and at the same time crimes are down. I have read many political correct comments that can turn around any figures, and in todays climate in the UK, I cannot say I really do believe these figures, as we live in a propaganda society since the introduction of both political correctness and human rights.

- Singe , Devon, 25/4/2013 17:29

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

far too many, which is why we need stricter gun control.

let’s compare the # dead:

at Virginia Tech:

32 dead

at Lone Star College:

ZERO.

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Cause, you know, outlawing guns reduces homicides and violent crime in general, right?

I know your brain probably barely operates above that of a 5 year old having a temper tantrum, but I encourage you to provide us with any supporting data that gun control or gun bans reduce homicides or violent crime in general. Take your time. We’ll wait.

NotCoach on April 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

NotCoach on May 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I’m happy to see you can form complete sentences.

righty45 on May 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Yet, he says more, with more substance, in half a sentence…than most in 3 phrases.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

What percentage of violent crime in the US involves a firearm?

rogerb on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Anecdotal evidence is Dbag’s friend.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Rapes in Britain increased after their ban.

Why do you banners hate da womyn?

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM

a joke.

HotLips on May 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

…you’re posting naked again?

KOOLAID2 on May 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

HTL on May 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

English is the preferred language of business and the sciences world wide.

English The preferred language of business/

The link I provided is only one such example. There are Arab magazines and newspapers also encouraging their students and business people to learn English as it is ‘the preferred language of business’ world wide.

Good English teachers are sought after world wide.

Why is that? Because English is the most specific language in the world and there are contained within the language more ways to say things in a very specific manner, more gradations of specificity, than any other language in the world. The reason behind this relates to the fact that English has evolved through a robust adaptation of words and roots from other languages.

thatsafactjack on May 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I think I like bixch. When I type it that way, does it read like the real word?

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Um

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Guns have other uses too, like providing the food for said dinner or as work. See: Jeff Cooper, Jerry Miculek, police sharpshooters, game wardens, professional hunters, training instructors, etc. yada blah ad infinitum.

You need to try harder.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

The forward slash after the link in my previous post was a typo… not a ‘sarc’ tag.

thatsafactjack on May 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

HTL on May 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

You don’t have to convince me on most of what you wrote. There are specialty schools and courses for all that…

Bla, bla, bla…that is not what’s happening at that school.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

And some of the shit that gets through is surprising.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

You need to try harder.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Hmmmm who was the first one to bring up knives today?

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Um

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Turn your head a little and imagine, the t, is resting)

Huh?

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Turn your head a little and imagine, the t, is resting)

Huh?

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Well,

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

And some of the shit that gets through is surprising.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

It’s a revolution.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Could go with the gh… silent… as in ‘fight’, ‘weight’, ‘height’.

Just trying to be helpful. :)

thatsafactjack on May 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My first thought reading the post was Concord.

My second thought was that the nut starting trouble, Rick Moran, wouldn’t be in the gun crowd.

I haven’t though anything since that.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Jazz, bless you, the filter comment just asks for fun. It’s almost as much fun as when MKH threatened us to say something against her and “we shall see” or some such. It invited so much goofing.

On serious note, it is nice that the editors check in now and then.

The filter needs work, that’s for sure.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Aah, but they have banned many types of knives in the UK.

BTW, the gun crime in the UK increased 89% following the gun ban. The UK has a higher overall violent crime rate than the United States and even South Africa – widely considered one of the world’s most dangerous countries. In the 12 years following the gun ban, the number of recorded violent attacks soared by 77% to 1.158 million – or more than two every minute.

Last year, for the first time in anyone’s memory, some bobbies were armed with automatics for patrols because of gun crime and the explosion of armed gangs. Violence has ‘unnecessarily skyrocketed’ because of the ban. I’ve experienced the change. Only the police and criminals have guns now. Thanks, gun ban!

The fact of the matter is that the US has a high homicide rate. PERIOD.

Japan, which has one of the toughest gun bans on the planets, also has one of the highest suicide rates. Switzerland, where every home has semi or automatic weapons, has one of the lowest homicide rates on earth.

The problem isn’t the gun. The problem is the culture. The Japanese set very high – nearly impossible for many – standards for themselves and, because of cultural traditions and norms, they commit suicide when they fail to attain them. The Swiss, again because of their culture and traditions, do not have a high violent crime rate.

You say you want new laws that will crackdown on criminals or the mentally ill getting guns. First, 93% of guns used in all crimes are OBTAINED ILLEGALLY (stolen, purchased on the street). None of the proposed gun control measures put forth by anyone recently would change ANY of that. Secondly, there has been a 45% decrease in the number of gun prosecutions by the Obama administration compared to the Bush administration. Why should we pass new laws when the government will not enforce and prosecute those already on the books?

Only 71 of the 71,000 people, who lied on their background checks in 2009, were prosecuted by the Obama administration. In 2010, 72,142 were denied the right to buy a gun. 33,907 (47%) of those were denied because they lied about a felony indictment or conviction on their background check; yet, only 44 were prosecuted and 13 convicted of lying.

Remember Hadiya Pendleton, the girl who was murdered in Chicago not long after performing at Obama’s second inauguration? One of her killers, Michael Ward, pleaded guilty to AGGRAVATED UNLAWFUL USE OF A FIREARM – A CLASS IV FELONY – in January, 2012. He was sentenced to two years probation…WHICH HE VIOLATED THREE TIMES IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR.

While NONE of the proposals that Democrats have made would have prevented Hadiya Pendleton’s murder BECAUSE THE GUN WAS OBTAINED – WAIT FOR IT – ILLEGALLY, she might very well be alive today had Michael Ward been sentenced to jail or prison rather than probation or had his probation revoked after the first or second or third violation.

Why can’t you guys enforce the laws that are already on the books and put criminals behind bars instead of burdening the rights of law-abiding citizens?

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I haven’t though anything since that.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Yes, you have :)

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

uoıʇnloʌǝɹ ɥɔʇıq

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Poor Bear now taking the thrashing. HAL’s off the hook and back in the corner.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Poor Bear now taking the thrashing. HAL’s off the hook and back in the corner.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Who’s still looking for dinner?

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM

This is single handedly the worst idea I have ever read.

Please tell me this is not actually going to happen.

Gatsu on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Well, trolls showing their ass aside, are we joining the anarchist bixch and marching with fully loaded shit on Washington or not?

Damn, it’s like herding cats.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Yes, you have :)

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Get OUT of my brain, dude. :)

lol — too funny.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I was being sarcasm. This has been f-ing delicious.

CW on May 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Don’t you mean, sarcastic? ;p

Great work, BTW…

ladyingray on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

uoıʇnloʌǝɹ ɥɔʇıq

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

revolutionary biatch :)

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

If we wouldn’t like you, we’d ignore you, dude :)

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

This is single handedly the worst idea I have ever read.

Please tell me this is not actually going to happen.

Gatsu on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Malkin has a piece on the organizer, he is a radical leftist/anarchist posing as a righty. His name is Adam Kokesh. A simple google search or search at youtube will elucidate who he is and what his possible motivations for doing this might be.

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Meh. This thread is too languagy. I’m going to go read the wine thing again.

Axe on May 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

hawkdriver on May 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

The filter can be pretty bad at times. Once I used the “A-word” to refer to the killing of JFK and the filter held up the comment.

The other day when we were discussing the Gang Of 8 Amnesty bill the filter choked on “W–back”, which was the name of Eisenhower’s Operation to crack down on the illegals.

Reminds of a George Carlin observation about how a line from a Disney movie could be censor-worthy.

whatcat on May 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

This is single handedly the worst idea I have ever read.

Please tell me this is not actually going to happen.

Gatsu on May 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

See this

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I would prefer an unarmed, 10 million man march. Lay siege to the capitol and the White House with overwhelming numbers, physically remove and incarcerate the would-be lords, czars, and emporer, call on retired military leaders to hold interim office, and re-establish constitutional law and governance, with a new amendment making Marxism and Islam exempt from consttutional protection.

IronDioPriest on May 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Even more worrisome, as he may be just unhinged enough to do it.

Gatsu on May 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please do it please

DBare on May 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

rubberpeni$ on May 4, 2013

HotLips on May 4. 2013

…if you want both of them to hit the same hole…at the same time!…you’re going to have to beg a little harder!

KOOLAID2 on May 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

It would be a disaster. Not a good idea. Maybe in another day and time.. like a 100 years ago or something.

JellyToast on May 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Ok how does this grab y’all. I think it could be a good idea BUT not as planed. No way to control some id-get out there from popping a cap and starting WWIII. The idea of protesting the promulgation of idiotic gun laws is a good idea. 60 years ago we had marksmanship teams in High School, Drill team competitions with M1 Rifles. Kids played with cap guns and water pistoles. The biggest issue on the city counsel agenda was the police wanted to have all sling shots and bean shooters (a soda straw you blew a bean thru) registered. I guess some cat owner got a bean shot up her???? Now what? We are concerned about assault rifles and high capacity magazine. Expelling kids from school for saying “BANG” and prohibiting by law toys of certain kinds. Passing draconian laws that in no way protect us from criminals and only effect law abiding citizens.
Maybe the protest could be a good thing if they show up in Virginia with their guns, check them in at the gate pick up “outlawed toys” and march on the capital. I can just see the headlines. THOUSANDS ARESSTEDE FOR ASSULTING THE CAPITAL WITH SQUIT GUNS AND PINK PINGBALLS.

jpcpt03 on May 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Or unless someone accidentally fires a weapon.

Or unless some troublemaker (gang member perhaps) not part of the demonstration fires one.

Or unless some clown sets off the right kind of firecracker at the right (wrong) time.

Or unless a car backfires nearby at the right (wrong) time.

Etc., etc.

farsighted on May 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have often written that it appears the only way to get the attention of our elected servants is to arrive at the Congress with 100,000 other folk carrying pitchforks, tar and feathers demanding a few of our elites appear and account for themselves. Remember when the Tenn. legislature tried to sneak a new tax through over the objection of their citizens. Thousands of folk appeared and scared the pants off the weasel legislators scheming for the new tax. Remember when those terrifying tie wearing ‘rioters’ showed up at the Gore-Bush perpetual recount demanding the scheme stop…it did.

Sometimes our elites need a reminder as to who they really work for.

JIMV on May 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Unlike in America, there is little debate between pro-gun control and pro-gun ownership lobbies in the UK. There is general public consensus against ownership of handguns, which is enforced under strict legislation. Guns for sport are more readily accepted, but are controlled by a strict licensing regime.

Despite these strong sentiments, the UK has not averted gun crime by any means.Concerns also continued to increase about the use of illegal firearms by street gangs and organised criminals.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Violent crime is falling here as well

mags on May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

don’t bother, facts do not penetrate their bubble.

the “party of life” having hissyfits over one bad abortionist (Gasnell) have absolutely no problem with the high number of people killed by firearms in this country whether at their own hands (like many veterans sadly do) or at the hands of others.

As long as they have their big toys to play with- and hand down to their kids like proud NRA member Adam Lanza (who had a gun locker in his room) and the 5 year old who killed his 2 yr old sister this week.

but hey..

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

EVAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

have a Happy Saturday Hot Gas

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

tom daschle concerned on May 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

The CSEW, which measures crime separate from Police.They go around the country asking if you have been a victim of crime even if you haven’t reported to the police,this would include somebody shouting at you

These are the Home Office

You can’t say stat’s are good as long they have the results you want,but crap if they don’t

mags on May 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Mostly illegal guns.

Have a good weekend, DBear.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Just saying…

Jazz Shaw on May 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

HA could use a better troll filter.

Just sayin…

farsighted on May 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

These trolls never seem to really explain why the idea of law-abiding citizens owning firearms bothers them so much.

CurtZHP on May 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Must listen and make go around, if you are for the 2nd.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

CurtZHP on May 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Responsible people are not enablers.

nobar on May 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

So Dbag floats the notion that Adam Lanza was a member of the NRA, no link provided, and promptly bid us a good weekend.

I guess dinner’s ready. Kraft mac and cheese again.

CurtZHP on May 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

DBear on May 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM

So, my facts from the UK government are to be ignored? My experience is to be ignored, as well?

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Glad to see a mainstream poster defend himself/herself from the rabid personal attacks here.

HotAirLib on May 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Hmmm…

… you are constantly trying to reason with the ultra fringe crazies on this blog… do not waste your time trying to engage these fools… most are fringe crazies… one or two of them …haven’t ventured into insane land.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM

You don’t change minds hauling personal insults with those you disagree with.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

farsighted on May 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Resist We Much on May 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

A most excellent catch.

farsighted on May 4, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Bad idea? Take a moment and ask yourself if any of the founding fathers, even the misguided federalists, would have a problem with this proposal.

That is why it’s NOT a bad idea. One of the favorite phrases of self-important retard patronizing lazy leftwingers is “raising awareness”.

Somebody SHOULD “raise awareness” about exactly what the right to bear arms means, and what it entails. THIS is what the ammendment is about. It means being able to carry a loaded rifle while walking around in the capitol of a free democratic republic. If that can’t be done, then we don’t live in a free republic. (Spoiler alert). The 2nd ammendment, and the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, which SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, does not mean locking up your empty, non-repeating, rifle or shotgun in a safe with trigger locks which the government may or may not “allow” you to use for hunting a duck or deer after you ask their permission.

Jazz, are you a cowering sheep, or a free man?

Daikokuco on May 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Valium

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM

As for the filter, why would v.alium get caught? Seriously, why? That’s how dumb the Hot Gas filter is.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I don’t know. On one hand the debate is being won, on the other hand either gun owners can be “trusted” with guns or they can’t. If 1,000 gun-owning Americans gathering in one spot and exercising their 2nd Amendment rights are to be considered some sort of threat then the battle is already lost.

“Shall not be infringed”. Ever.

Bishop on May 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yeah, as a proponent of open carry, I support this in general but given the circumstances I think its a bad idea. US history brings to mind the Bonus Army marchers and Kent State. We know what happened in CA after the black panthers marched on Sacramento armed… CA went a gun banning and hasn’t stopped freaking out since.

The empty magazine idea mentioned earlier seems like a better point maker. Something like this with armed folks in DC will just give the gun-control folks the ammo they want and as others mentioned, its easy to create a disaster. I think armed protests are better served in state capitals, there are a few of those that have been done in the last few years and turned out fine.

The problem I always hear about open carry is that it “freaks out” the so called “average joe/jane”. Well, how else are you supposed to get people untrained from that fear? The state seems to like having that monopoly on a show of force for a reason. While a uniformed/badged agent of the state does have an effect, lets be honest, the gun carried openly on their belt is the real force/fear inducer in the criminal and the average peaceable/law abiding citizen.

oryguncon on May 4, 2013 at 5:08 PM