MSNBC panelist on Ayotte, etc: Is it even more surprising when a woman votes against background checks?

posted at 5:51 pm on May 3, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

On MSNBC this morning, panelist Donny Deutsch — after first insisting that the next time “a crazy, or somebody who would have not gotten a gun because of background checks, kills somebody, I want to know what [these senators'] response is going to be because they literally have blood on their hands” (nevermind that even Sen. Feinstein admitted that expanded background checks would have done nothing to prevent the tragedy of the Newtown massacre) — he then proceeded to express his befuddlement at how it is any woman could feasibly find it in their feminine hearts to vote against background checks. Via NRO:

DEUTSCH: Is it even more surprising to you when a woman votes against this, just from a very primal… because, there are differences between the sexes, and when you see a woman — maternal, blah blah blah — it almost takes it to another level.

BRZEZINSKI: And I’ll take it to the level that brings women and men, when they come to Washington, they go to the negotiating table, and they come to do business at work, women don’t take as many risks as men. And this just doesn’t make any sense to me. So, yes, I am surprised, for a completely different reason than you’d think, but there are female sensibilities that we bring to the table that are very valuable when it comes to leading our country and we need more women, certainly, in power and in Washington. I am absolutely stumped by Heidi Heitkamp, and Kelly Ayotte, or any man who voted “no on this, because it is… it’s not handing out welfare for them.

DEUTSCH: If I was running against any of those candidates, I would do a mother movement against the women.

Yes, I agree that men and women are different, and can bring different perspectives on an issue to the table — and my “feminine sensibilities” are precisely why I feel the way I do about guns and the Second Amendment, and take the responsibility of personal and home self-defense upon myself. Enough of this rubbish that Sen. Ayotte or Sen. Heitkamp couldn’t have possibly voted against this bill and still represent real women’s views, because they’re representing mine just fine, thank you very much, in that expanded background checks are more of a balm than an actual solution to the problem of violence.

I am so sick and tired of women being made into some kind of political “other,” as if we are all supposed to feel a particular way about everything and that our political concerns are somehow so very different from — oh, I don’t know — the other half of the population. This is all a part of the Left’s efforts to delegitimize, not conservatives’ policies, but their motives. Nutshell version: ‘Oh, Kelly Ayotte’s maternal instincts just haven’t kicked in or something, that’s the only imaginable way she could have thought it was a good idea to vote against background checks; that, or she’s either a horrible person or a political stooge!’ [Headdesk.]

Comments

This is smarter.

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Is there any female on TV who comes across more stupidly than Mika?

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Women: Different only when convenient.

RiverCocytus on May 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Sexist.
Psychological War on Women.

Mimzey on May 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I met her in Reno while volunteering for the Romney campaign. Her husband was in the military. Not so surprising.

aunursa on May 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Alternative Interpretation of the Vote: Schumer has feminine sensibilities.

blammm on May 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Glorious

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I bet she didn’t vote with her vagina either!

Axeman on May 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I hate to bother you while you’re resting, but I think this is more patronizing than you think. :) If you back up a little and look at that, you’ll see nothing more complicated than “stupid and emotional.”

Where you go from there . . . well . . . lets just hope it somewhere near a sandwich, ’cause I’m starving.

Axe on May 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Like when Hillary Clinton voted to go to war in Iraq? War would, I have been told by Leftists, disappear if women were running the world.

Resist We Much on May 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Lemme correct this sentence—

he then proceeded to express his befuddlement at how it is any woman could feasibly find it in their feminine hearts parts to vote against background checks.

burrata on May 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Nobody cares what these libtards think or someone would be watching.

TX-96 on May 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Condensed, the exchange loses nothing and is even somewhat more clear:

D: “when you see a woman — maternal, blah blah blah…”

B: “I am absolutely stumped … because … it’s not handing out welfare…”

D: “I would do a mother movement…”

kunegetikos on May 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Well it is MSNBC, so you’re not talking real intelligence. And they prefer buying their straw men in bulk.

GarandFan on May 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Lemme correct this sentence—

burrata on May 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I think my v-word post got gacked.

I should have remembered the “lady parts” verbiage from the election.

Axeman on May 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM

GarandFan on May 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Heck, they even hire them.

Axeman on May 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

What on earth does that even mean? She took it to a level, alright.

stout77 on May 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Mama Grizzlies would beg to differ.

unclesmrgol on May 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

War on women part deux?

cmsinaz on May 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I disagree with a lot of what Ayotte has done vote wise the past few months but I’m willing to bet she is 1000x more intelligent than all of those panelists combined.

Oh and she can vote with her lady smarts too.

gophergirl on May 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM

but there are female sensibilities that we bring to the table

My mother had real sensibilities, she had one breast of Hoppes#9 and the other Rem. Oil.

fourdeucer on May 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

DEUTSCH: If I was running against any of those candidates, I would do a mother bowel movement against the women.

Fixed. Because Democrats are full of crap.

malclave on May 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Adam Lanza’s mom would be furious about this!

rubberneck on May 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

You gals hear that, get back on the gun free zone plantation.

antipc on May 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM

But let me, and others totally ignore the fact that Tamerlan didn’t bother to go thru a background check, or comply with city rules regarding gun ownership… nah, that doesn’t fit the narrative.

What a d!ck.

Hey Donny – is there anything in Manchin-Toomey that requires all mental health care providers to report the “crazies”? Because until that becomes mandatory, rather than voluntary – the crazy people can still get guns.

Hill60 on May 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Obama’s humiliation in the push for more gun control really got under his skin. Democrats, their hacks in the media and Obama’s OFA brownshirts are out in force trying to make another push. They are not giving up and must be crushed.

Corporal Tunnel on May 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Adam Lanza’s mom would be furious about this!

rubberneck on May 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Nothing they are discussing would have stopped Newtown. It is like Obama, once again yesterday in Mexico, claiming that we have to pass more background checks so that gang leaders or druglords cannot send in people with squeaky clean records to acquire guns for them (straw purchases). We could have background checks on EVERY sale on EVERY gun int the country and we STILL would NOT prevent straw purchases.

Why?

Because we don’t find out that they ARE straw purchases until they are either used in a crime or fall into the hands of the police, who can run a history check on the gun.

IIRC, Kleibold and Harris obtained some of their weapons through a straw purchase. Someone purchased the guns…BECAUSE HE COULD.

Yes, the purchaser has to swear that the weapon is for himself on his application, but that doesn’t mean that is true. Mark Kelly claimed that he was trying to buy an AR-15 to give turn it into the police or some gun control group in order to ‘get it off the streets’ or some such. He answered affirmatively to the following question:

ATF Form 4473 — Question 11:

a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are aquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

If you purchase a firearm as a gift, you must disclose this fact and the name of the intended recipient. It would not make sense to require a buyer, who intends to gift a gun, to disclose the recipient’s name, but allow a buyer, who intends to donate a similar gun, conceal the donation and donee’s name. What is the difference between a gift and a charitable donation to a police or other gun control organisation in the case of a used AR-15 other than tax treatment?

Resist We Much on May 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Whatever Donny Douche thinks is less then irrelevant to me. The fact is NOTHING can stop someone from a mass killing if that is what they truly desire. There is an old saying that the most dangerous person in the world is one who (rightly or wrongly) feels there is nothing to live for, rather it be a mass killer or an assassin. The fact is as long as man exists on this planet people will find away to kill other people. Period end of story.

JKotthoff on May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

aunursa on May 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Her husband is Joe Daley, who served with the Air National Guard in Iraq. He retired with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.

BTW as I noted the other night in another thread on Ayotte, this is a well-organized Democrat Media Smear Job against Ayotte. Leftists always subliminally tell you whom they fear the most.

And as I also noted, I was at her town meeting here in NH the other night, which has also been dishonestly reported by that scared Democrat Media; her supporters well outnumbered her Bitter Clinger Opponents.

Del Dolemonte on May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Whatever.

I’m female, I have guns, you can’t have them, get over it.

That stupid bill would have screwed me. I take anti-anxiety medication JUST AT NIGHT FOR INSOMNIA, which STILL would have disqualified me from ever being able to buy another firearm. Although, my husband could still get them…I think.

Of course, if you could get my supervisor to stop threatening to fire all of us every couple of days for a myriad of reasons, I could stop taking the s**t! Sic semper tryannus.

sage0925 on May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

No more surprising than when a man votes for background checks.

slickwillie2001 on May 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I don’t like Ayotte, but I if a burglar broke into her home and threatened to rape her, she is not going to pee or poop or tell him she has herpes, truths that our trolls and the men of MSNBC would tell, she would kill him into next Wednesday.

RovesChins on May 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Although, my husband could still get them…I think.

sage0925 on May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Under stage one you’re right. Under the sure to follow stage two they would likely cross reference the national registry with prescriptions issued to immediate family members. Marxists are funny that way.

antipc on May 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Women in combat: Good

Women supporting the 2nd Amendment: Bad

RadClown on May 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Somebody tell these fools they lost! Time to get over it!!!!

anchorman on May 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

And yet they’re promoting women in combat roles.

Cleombrotus on May 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM

The U.S. is supplying Mexico with guns reports…Obama. I know Fast & Furious happened a long time ago. But THAT long?

Barnestormer on May 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

How about this to explain women’s feelings about firearms?

He: Weighs over 260 lbs
He: expert in mixed martial arts
He: Has known anger issues
He: Out on parole for aggravated assault

She: weighs slightly over 120 lbs
She: has a S&W 38 special

She wins.

kurtzz3 on May 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I can’t watch MSNBC,CNN,etc.They are so much more intelligent that me/us.Don’t you feel smaller when you do watch?//

docflash on May 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I am so sick and tired of women being made into some kind of political “other,”

There is the key. Make any woman or minority an outcast for defying liberalism and you can win every election after that. Liberalism isn’t about mercy or logic or anything else…its about power and control in unlimited Soviet amounts.

Conan on May 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

This is all just another manifestation of the Left’s perverse anti-white/ anti-white male thing. If either Heidi Heitkamp or Kelly Ayotte were black, they’d have never said this. But they view Heitkamp and Ayotte as essentially in league with eeeevil white males. That’s their issue.

WhatSlushfund on May 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM

After a careful examination of the facts and likely outcomes, Ms. Ayotte used her intellect to decide the best course of action.

I would say that process is neither masculine or feminine.

But if I am forced to refer to gender, my only comment would be she had more stones than some of her colleagues who voted as if their brains were located in their posteriors.

Marcus Traianus on May 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

What’s so curious about the Left attacking Ayotte is that as our NH Attorney General she successfully prosecuted the white hick killers of two Leftist Dartmouth College professors (husband and wife). Ironically the murderers used knives, and not guns, and (gasp!) they were from across the river from Dartmouth in Socialist Vermont.

But many of them never forgave her for subsequently being a “racist” and asking for the death penalty for a cop killer, which is AFAIK is the only death penalty capital crime here. After all, she was a Republican Lawyer in a field utterly dominated by Democrats.

BTW today is the 10 year anniversary of the Old Man of the Mountain falling off. Time marches on!

Del Dolemonte on May 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Liberals really need to keep their politics and their hands off women’s private bits. Not that they’d know what to do with them anyway.

CurtZHP on May 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Democrats have way more blood on their hands for sanctuary policies towards illegal aliens. I can think of 5 cases in my small state in the last few years where illegal aliens with arrest records were not deported and ended up killing an American. I wonder how many people were killed as a result of purchasing a gun legally without a background check. Probably zero.

Wigglesworth on May 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Larry Summers lost his job as President of Harvard (at least in part) for just suggesting that perhaps a study might be conducted to discover why men and women apparently differed in their math skills.

Women: Different only when convenient.

RiverCocytus on May 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Indeed.
(Nice handle, btw).

AesopFan on May 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Lean IN!

tetriskid on May 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Psst…….Donny…….and we vote, work outside the home, and some of us have even been known to wear trousers.

And who is it they say wants to “drag us back to the 1950′s”?

Whatta buncha blockheads.

waterytart on May 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Donny Deutsch just admitted he’s a woman.

wte9 on May 4, 2013 at 1:10 AM

And who is it they say wants to “drag us back to the 1950′s”?

waterytart on May 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I find it darkly humorous that the libtards rave about the 50′s…it demonstrates quite clearly what they hate and the society they think they want.

Some things we didn’t have back then:
-Lawful citizens afraid of every Dimocrat voter walking by on the sidewalk with a sneer and garish clothing.
-A pandemic of STD’s, an increasing number of which were incurable.
-Sexual deviants openly teaching in public schools.
-Mass tax audits of lawful citizens for their political orientation.
-Multiple generations of young people growing up with no clear idea of what roles they should have in life.
-An increasing number of graduates bitter about the fact that they’ll never be able to retire or work at something they like and ripe for everything from Communist propaganda to outright anarchism.

MelonCollie on May 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM