New Live Action video: “We will not resuscitate” a born-alive baby after abortion

posted at 12:41 pm on May 2, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Via LifeNews, the latest undercover video in Live Action’s effort to expose late-term abortion practices has been released, and it’s yet another walk through a euphemism-filled alternative universe.  In this case, though, the description of the disposition of the remains exposes the “clump of cells” lies of the abortion industry. The attending abortionist explains what happens to the baby after the abortion in almost bucolic terms:

When asked how the clinic disposes of the baby after the abortion, the doctor says:

“So the fetus and everything that goes along with it — the placenta, all of that — is sent to a crema… what do they call it? Like, a funeral home.  And they’re cremated, and then the ashes spread out in the desert, or you know, the foothills or [inauduble] … like one of the hills they take them to and spread the ashes into nature[.]“

That sounds like what families do when loved ones pass away.  Do clinics do this with the products of liposuction?  Discarded appendixes?  Removed gallbladders?  Doubtful.  The clinic and this abortionist seem to understand that they’re discarding a whole person, and not just a clump of cells.

Which is why this is even more incomprehensible:

Sometimes they are [alive], yeah. But it doesn’t–it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will come out whole. ‘Cause they use suction, plus they use instruments so sometimes the fetuses don’t come out–you know, it’s not complete…

Investigator: But if it does come out whole…I mean, are–will they resuscitate it? Like, will I have to take care of it?

Linda: Uh-uh… No…They do not resuscitate.

And as in earlier videos, the abortionist warns her patient about going to a hospital if she goes into labor:

No, call us first…if you showed up in an average emergency room with an emergency room physician who’s not a gynecologist, probably has never seen or done a termination, they will treat you as though you are somebody with a desired pregnancy…

Investigator: So they would basically like try to take care of it.

Dr. Mercer: Right they would intervene and do all kinds of crazy things that you don’t need to have done to you…

Speaking of euphemisms, don’t miss this Green Room post, either.

Comments

The way these people talk so casually about something so vile, is chilling, to say the least.

Chris of Rights on May 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

So that’s how they’ll make Obamacare cost-effective.

aunursa on May 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

More proof that Satan walks this earth.

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

So that’s how they’ll make Obamacare cost-effective.

aunursa on May 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

In other words, Death panels take out the helpless old and disabled, and the abortion doctor takes out the helpless young.

aunursa on May 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Always remember, this is the pinnacle of the feminist/women’s liberation movement.

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Dr. Mercer: Right they would intervene and do all kinds of crazy things that you don’t need to have done to you…

All kinds of crazy things, like saving a human life. Wouldn’t want to do something crazy now, would we?

Pope Linus on May 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

They changed the article to ‘infant’. Even they couldn’t care that farce on.

michaelo on May 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hey libby.
Come on in and defend your friend Gosnell.

22044 on May 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I’m just worn out from these types of stories….

..and I’m sure a punch to my gut is heading my way
here in PA when Goznell gets aquitted….

The absolute Filth and degradation that has swept over
this Nation like a Plague has to end….

ToddPA on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Load up the showers and fire up the ovens….

viking01 on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

A sacrament of the left.

CycloneCDB on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

the dis-attachement here is chilling. To them its like working on a car or plumbing a drain. “Hey What ev’s, just another day killing a human being, then off to TGIF’s for Happy Hour”, how do these Ghouls sleep at night?

ninjacoastie on May 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

God blesses who, again?

MNHawk on May 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Live Action has been given free reign to film and gather information thanks to the medias refusal to cover any of these abortion videos.

antipc on May 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

“They aren’t worthy of life..
Because mommy said so…or something” – nonpartisan

Electrongod on May 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Hippocratic Oath:

To consider dear to me, as my parents, him who taught me this art; to live in common with him and, if necessary, to share my goods with him; To look upon his children as my own brothers, to teach them this art; and that by my teaching, I will impart a knowledge of this art to my own sons, and to my teacher’s sons, and to disciples bound by an indenture and oath according to the medical laws, and no others.

I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone. (note: the “doctor” here calls the death of the fetus a “demise”)

I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

But I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts.

I will not cut for stone, even for patients in whom the disease is manifest; I will leave this operation to be performed by practitioners, specialists in this art.

In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients, keeping myself far from all intentional ill-doing and all seduction and especially from the pleasures of love with women or men, be they free or slaves.

All that may come to my knowledge in the exercise of my profession or in daily commerce with men, which ought not to be spread abroad, I will keep secret and will never reveal.

If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice my art, respected by all humanity and in all times; but if I swerve from it or violate it, may the reverse be my life.

—–

I can’t really see how the ancient Greeks saw fit to include this language and preserve the sanctity of life, but now we have “doctors” at Planned Parenthood who are doing the exact opposite in the form of “health care”.

Nethicus on May 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have never been a hard core pro-life, but I have always viewed the pro-abortionist crowed to be far more frightening to civilization. I have concluded a long time ago that abortion was only the beginning, and that their real goal was population control. Their ultimate goal is for government to be able to “cull the herd”. You know eliminate all the “undesirables” which to them the meaning is open ended depending on the circumstances.

It was never about women’s rights, or sexism. I also think think the pro-life crowd has made a strategic mistake in tying their movement and arguments against abortion to Christianity. That tends to turn some people off who think they are just using this as a means to further the faith. The attack on abortion should be on slippery slope grounds and that the pro-abortionist are population control freaks bent on doing something similar to what Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia did, and what China is doing now. That would grab more people’s attention and build the movement beyond what it is now.

William Eaton on May 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

The absolute Filth and degradation that has swept over
this Nation like a Plague has to end….

ToddPA on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

It is a Biblical evil.

A sacrament of the left.

CycloneCDB on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

You betcha.

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

“Inconvenient kids?
Kill ‘em.”

Infuriating & heartbreaking.

itsnotaboutme on May 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Maybe the true living God…

as opposed to Obama’s god Molech…

bless Live Action and its work beyond all measure!

22044 on May 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Investigator: So they would basically like try to take care of it.

Schrödinger’s baby:
if mom wants it, it’s a baby they’ll try to save
if mom doesn’t want it, it’s a disposable clump of cells.

rbj on May 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Ephesians 6:12
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

IronDioPriest on May 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM

The absolute Filth and degradation that has swept over
this Nation like a Plague has to end….

ToddPA on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

It is a Biblical evil.

Satan is dancing for joy.

hawkeye54 on May 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM

…..God help us all…..

crosshugger on May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Nethicus on May 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

From what I’ve heard, a minority of doctors these days (a third?) take the Hippocratic oath. Some doctors will indicate they have taken it by putting an “(H)” on their business cards.

Ward Cleaver on May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have a nephew & niece (fraternal twins) that were born prematurely at 26 weeks. They both survived and are now 5 years old. The “fetus” these people are discussing is only 3 weeks younger than that. Didn’t the original abortion laws limit it to 3 months, 13weeks? When you start talking about a 6 month old fetus, you’re actually talking about a viable baby, killing it is murder!

Boats48 on May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

You got to wonder if any of these people that work at abortion clinics (especially ones that do second or third-tremester abortions) have any children.

I’ve always been pro-life but ever since becoming a father back in March I’ve gotten to the point where I just want to cry whenever I read about abortions.

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

God bless Live Action. Make it hard for the average American to ignore this atrocity. Shine a light.

Matticus Finch on May 2, 2013 at 1:07 PM

“Inconvenient kids?
Kill ‘em.”

Infuriating & heartbreaking.

Keep that thought and expand, with ObamaCare, to:

Inconvenient infirmed elderly? Kill “em”

Inconvenient disabled people? Kill “em”

Inconvenient depressed and mentally ill people? Kill “em”

There is no end to the impossibles once you’ve crossed this threshold.

hawkeye54 on May 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Nethicus on May 2, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The prohibition appears to have been removed – with an added emphasis on the power to take a lifewithout playing God.

Interesting, isn’t it?

Hippocratic Oath: Modern Version

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon’s knife or the chemist’s drug.

I will not be ashamed to say “I know not,” nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient’s recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person’s family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

—Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They’re murderers. So talking in those terms is common to them. Very similar to how Muslim terrorists talk about killing Americans.

They have lost their souls.

kirkill on May 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Investigator: So they would basically like try to take care of it.

Oh, f^*% you…..>:-(

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM

It is now. But the original feminists, such as Susan B. Anthony and even Margaret Sanger called abortion “murder.” They were very much against it. They wanted women to be educated on how to prevent pregnancy which couldn’t be done because such education was illegal according to the Comstock Act.

Those “free to copulate whenever with whomever women” aren’t “feminists.” I’d tell you what they are, but I’m not a rapper.

itsacookbook on May 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

The Abortion clinics are in direct competition with Hospitals.

Monstrous.

workingclass artist on May 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Maybe the true living God…

as opposed to Obama’s god Molech

bless Live Action and its work beyond all measure!

22044 on May 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

An outstanding post … and subtly biting.

Jeremiah 32:35 -

And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

OhEssYouCowboys on May 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

One more striking thing about this vid, is the explanation that the cremains would be scattered on the foothills, “back into nature”…. doesn’t that just warm one’s sensitive widdle heart ?
God help us all.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM

What are they saying here..that the baby may come out alive, but not in one piece?? There are no words….

esr1951 on May 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Dear Lord … it doesn’t come out whole because they chop the baby up while it’s alive.

They use suction …

They use instruments …

It’s not complete …

darwin on May 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

One of the most amazing things in this video is where the “counselor” tells her that the injection is best so that there is _no suffering_.

This is an admission that fetus suffers. It’s a living being and they pull it apart piece by piece. These compassionate liberals leave it up to the “mother” not only if this being is murdered or not but if it will suffer in the process.

Another interesting part was where she asks the “counselor” the question “Do I have any other choice?” And the person answers “no.”

Chilling. Just chilling.

Kay_L on May 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

This just makes me cry.

gophergirl on May 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

itsacookbook on May 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Excuse me?! Margret Sanger was the racist, Nazi sympathizing, ethnic cleansing demon of a woman who started Planned Parenthood with the goal of eliminating what she deemed “inferior” races and people. Are you nuts? That woman didn’t give a damn about whether it was murder or not.

jawkneemusic on May 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

esr1951 on May 2, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Folks, move the video to the LiveAction mark 5:50:50.

Don’t watch the captions…watch the hands of the counselor!!

She “snips,” like Gosnell.

winoceros on May 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Makes “back-alley”, “coat-hanger” abortions look tame by comparison…

PatriotRider on May 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM

darwin on May 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Used to describe just how humane it is to inject the killing toxin, FIRST, don’t’cha see.
The babies still come out in pieces, just with no more heartbeat.

Un-freaking-believeable.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The more I read about Lila Rose and the work of Live Action the more I am reminded of William Wilberforce.

There are many profound moments in the 2006 film “Amazing Grace” (starring Albert Finney, Ioann Gruffudd, Rufus Sewell, Benedict Cumberbatch and others). However, those which touched me particularly deeply are those in which Wilberforce is exposed to the filth of the slave ships for the first time, and then proceeds to expose upper class Britons to their foul stench under the ruse of a social outing. Even though Wilberforce and a fair number of Brits were anti-slavery in principle, actually being exposed to the grisly inhumanity of that reality was the wake-up call that roused their conscience, although it took most of Wilberforce’s lifetime for that to be accomplished.

This is what I see Live Action and so many other pro-life groups trying to do–they are attempting to strip away the P.C. feminist veneer that covers and protects the abortion industry, in order to reveal it for the graphic house of horrors that it really is. They deserve the support of a nation that professes to care about innocent lives, but in reality likes to cherry pick which innocent lives are worthy of protection. (Gun victims? Yes. Endangered species? Yes. Unwanted infants? No.).

pianomomma on May 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

No, they do understand, since they admit it. The doctor says the use of digoxin will “induce fetal demise…Uhh, death” The counselor later states that the use of the drug is better because there’s “no suffering.”

Well, you sure as hell can’t cause, or reduce the suffering of the death of something that isn’t alive. So, it’s no longer a question of whether they’re taking a life, but how they justify doing so.

RadClown on May 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Boats48 on May 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Yeah, but its not murder murder….

I used to wonder what the attitude Jesus would have upon his return. Reading about Gosnell and watching this, I no longer have to wonder why Jesus will destroy so many. They will have earned his wrath.

44Magnum on May 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

‘Birth Control: To create a race of thoroughbreds. Unity!’

- Margaret Sanger, Editor, The Birth Control Review, Dedicated to Voluntary Motherhood, November, 1921

No better illustration of the prevalence of abortion in the black community can be found than in New York City. According to 2011 statistics, 41% of all pregnancies were terminated in 2011, which was higher than the abortion rate in China – 29.3% – where forced abortions are commonplace. New York City’s abortion rate is double the national average. In The Bronx, 48% of pregnancies are aborted. Among African-Americans, the rate is 57%. Mayor Bloomberg, along with Governor Cuomo, are doing everything that they can to ensure that NYC’s abortion rate goes even higher.

Eugenics And The Nazis — The California Connection

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That woman didn’t give a damn about whether it was murder or not.

jawkneemusic on May 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Yes, Sanger was a racist and a eugenicist. And even SHE believed abortion was murder.

itsacookbook on May 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

itsacookbook on May 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

That is sanitized history and a lie.

tetriskid on May 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Load up the showers and fire up the ovens….

viking01 on May 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

And, it will be our most important duty to ensure that they, the abortionists and supporters, are the first ones in, because they don’t think that life is very important anyway.

Old Country Boy on May 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

What about neonatologists in major hospitals who won’t rescusitate most 23 weekers born prematurely? And those parents often want to have those babies.

(You might educate yourself and see the survival rate for a fetus born at earlier than 23 weeks is Zero. Zero. Zero point zero. Google a survival graph.)

Marcus on May 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Just try doing what these people do to a litter of puppies.

AcidReflux on May 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

It always ‘slays’ me when pro-aborts ask the question:
“So, are you going to adopt all of those unwanted babies ? Where’s the conservative Christian compassion, there ? Huh? Huh?”

Well, if I ever hear that one more time, I’ll return with a question:
“So, when was the last time you volunteered to clean the abortion clinics, since they appear to be horribly understaffed ?”

Arrrgggggghhhh.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Here’s how to stop this: Make a law that says if a baby is born alive during an abortion, the doctor must kill it with an AR-15.

It would be in the news every day. So either people would demand we ban abortions, or they’d demand we ban AR-15s. I’ll take my chances.

The Rogue Tomato on May 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I used to wonder how sane humans in the O.T. could sacrifice their children to Baal and to Molech…..it’s becoming sickenly obvious we have the same types in this present world.

God forbid!

God help us.

This action does not speak for the longevity of our world if we do not change.

God will not allow it. He has said so.

avagreen on May 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

IT has a beating heart, fingers, toes and can make spontaneous movements.

Doesn’t sound like an it to me.

Happy Nomad on May 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Marcus on May 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Marcus, you might want to backtrack some.

Premature Babies Born at 23-24 Weeks
( Picture of )Odin, a preemie born at 24 weeks, all grown up.

“Over half of premature babies born between 23 and 24 weeks of pregnancy will survive delivery and live to see life outside of the NICU. Babies born before 23 weeks may survive – the youngest preemie ever to survive was Amillia Taylor, born at only 21 weeks and 6 days gestation – but 23 to 24 weeks is often considered the age of viability for premature babies…..

avagreen on May 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Horrible. Disgusting.

losarkos on May 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

“The clinic and this abortionist seem to understand that they’re discarding a whole person, and not just a clump of cells.”

How far gone as a human must that doctor be to do this? Heartbreaking and enraging. I can’t decide if I should cry for the babies or for these evil people.

PattyJ on May 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

PattyJ on May 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I find myself crying for the babies, and praying for the workers.
Prayer works… many workers have been heart-convicted and left the business because of loving, caring, prayer warriors.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM

The dehumanizing language is the same used by the Nazis. Once they are no longer human killing them became easier.

dpierson on May 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The Rogue Tomato on May 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

You’ve seen what people will do when they see six-year-olds killed by a criminal whack-job, and there’s an AR-15 within a half a mile of him. Still want to take that chance?

CurtZHP on May 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

These people are the lowest of the low. Vile, evil, sordid filth.

As a father of 2 beautiful girls, and a baby on the way, I find nothing but contempt in my heart for these wretched, empty souls.

Polish Rifle on May 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM

The doctors, their staffs and the women who take part in abortion are monsters. Men who are complicit in this mass murder by not protecting women and children are the worst kind of coward. Planned Parenthood, the lowest form of scum. Women’s heath, BS.

StevC on May 2, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Chris of Rights on May 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

i do not understand how they can be okay with this. THEY KNOW they are throwing away innocent human beings. they know exactly what they are doing, but they act like it’s no big deal. i really don’t understand how it’s possible for someone to be so comfortable with doing something this horrifying. america needs to know. imagine if more people knew about this. surely support for abortion would decrease. we need to keep spreading the word. people really do not know this is going on. remember: most people are not as informed as we are.

William Eaton on May 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

you’ve been listening to too many pro-choicers. it’s a MISCONCEPTION of us Christian pro-lifers that the only reason we are pro-life is our religion. the pro-choicers make it seem like that’s the way it is but actually, pro-lifers talk about scientific reasons as well. scientific fact: a fetus is a different person than the mother, and that fetus is alive. so when you eliminate a fetus, you are killing someone. pro-choicers don’t want to talk about that so all they talk about is “you’re forcing your religion on others.”

Sachiko on May 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM

ninjacoastie on May 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

According to the Planned Parenthood VP who became a Christian a number of years ago, they don’t. She stated that a large number of the nurses and clinicians turned to drinking to assuage the guilt. They would encourage one another when doubts crept in with liberal feminist dogma, “remember we are doing this for the women!”.

All are born with a conscience, some have it seared and are able to commit atrocities such as this. Others eventually come to a knowledge of the truth. For anyone to deny that this is anything other than murder demonstrates ignorance and denial. Period.

AZfederalist on May 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM

That is sanitized history and a lie.

tetriskid on May 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM

No, she was against abortion.

Sanger believed life began at fertilization:

“Now that the ovum has been fertilized, it readily becomes attached to the soft lining of the uterus which has been specially prepared o receive it. No menstruation occurs. The woman is now pregnant. A new being is created…” What Every Girl Should Know pg 51.

She did not believe the fetus was a clump of cells, but a child:

“It takes forty weeks or 280 days to complete the growth of the human embryo, although the time may be two weeks more or less and yet be normal…
“Let us see how the child has been fed all this time…” pg.55

She held abortionists in contempt:

“The woman of the people is the only one left in ignorance of this information (contraceptions). Her neighbors, relatives and friends tell her stories of special devices and the success of them all. They tell her also of the blood-sucking men with M. D. after their names who perform operations for the price of so-and-so.” The Woman Rebel. No Gods. No Masters, March 1914

And she stated in her own autobiography that she counseled woman that abortion was wrong:

“… abortion was the wrong way no matter how early it was performed it was taking life…”

It is a sad, sad irony that the organization she founded turned into an abortion mill after she died.

itsacookbook on May 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

MR pulls no punches, here.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM

MR pulls no punches, here.

pambi on May 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Ouch. I’d like that billboard sized.

slickwillie2001 on May 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM