Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on May 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

The contentious political fight over gun control moved into the White Mountains of New Hampshire on Tuesday as gun-control activists began to focus on Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) as a prime target in their effort to revive their push for stricter gun laws

Back home this week for a series of town hall meetings, Ayotte is facing new constituent anger and a coordinated effort by gun-control groups to turn her vote into a political liability. These organizations include Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group founded by New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I), and the liberal think tank the Center for American Progress. Other groups are deploying organizers to New Hampshire, Arizona, Arkansas, Nevada and North Dakota in hopes of shaming moderate senators of both parties who voted against the background-check plan…

“There’s a sense that the people who support background checks know that they’re in the mainstream,” Stadtman said. “To be rejected by Ayotte like that, when it was so obvious that many of her constituents wanted her to vote for it — it was a tipping point.”

***

New PPP polls in Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, and Ohio find serious backlash against the 5 Senators who voted against background checks in those states. Each of them has seen their approval numbers decline, and voters say they’re less likely to support them the next time they’re up for reelection…

After just 3 months in office Jeff Flake has already become one of the most unpopular Senators in the country. Just 32% of voters approve of him to 51% who disapprove and that -19 net approval rating makes him the most unpopular sitting Senator we’ve polled on, taking that label from Mitch McConnell…

We saw serious improvement in Rob Portman’s poll numbers in the second half of 2012 following his consideration as the Republican Vice Presidential candidate, but he’s taken a nose dive in 2013. Portman’s approval has dropped a net 18 points over the last 6 months from +10 (35/25) in October to now -8 (26/34) in April. Portman’s popularity decline has come across the board with Democrats (from 15/39 to 8/50), Republicans (62/11 to 46/19), and independents (28/23 to 24/32) alike…

And in Nevada Dean Heller has seen a more modest decline in his approval numbers, from 47/42 right before the election to 44/41 now. However with the independent voters who were critical to his narrow victory in November, his approval has dropped from 52/37 then to now 42/42.

***

Nothing like waking up to a poll saying you’re the nation’s least popular senator. Given the public’s dim view of Congress in general, that probably puts me somewhere just below pond scum.

Now, notwithstanding the polling firm’s leftist bent, I would assume that my poll numbers have indeed taken a southerly turn since my vote against the Manchin-Toomey background check proposal. It was a popular amendment, and I voted against it.

***

Via Gallup:

gal

***

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) revealed that some members of his party opposed expanding background checks for gun sales recently because they didn’t want to “be seen helping the president.”…

“In the end it didn’t pass because we’re so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,” Toomey admitted on Tuesday in an interview with Digital First Media editors in the offices of the Times Herald newspaper in Norristown, Pa.

The Times Herald noted that in “subsequent comments,” Toomey “tried to walk that remark part-way back by noting he meant to say Republicans across the nation in general, not just those in the Senate.”

***

“After you get the 29″ votes to filibuster, one conservative staffer put it, “you know who to beat up.” The filibuster effort, by this telling, was something of a whip count by a guerilla unit of conservative freshmen.

So Lee, Cruz, and Paul — and their staffs — set out to work on those Republicans who were less than firm. Almost the entire GOP conference was pretty strong in opposing the Democrats’ more Draconian gun control proposals — such as an assault weapons ban — but the conservative rump didn’t want any new regulations on gun ownership by law-abiding citizens. Cruz, along with almost every other Republican, signed on to an alternative bill by Sen. Charles Grassley, which mostly beefed up the current federal database behind background checks.

Anything more ambitious was a nonstarter in the eyes of Cruz, Paul and Lee. Specifically, they rejected the proposal by Sens. Pat Toomey, R-Pa., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., to create a mandatory universal background check. Toomey-Manchin was the only real chance Obama had of passing a gun control bill. If that went down, gun control went down…

So, the Obama account is wrong in part because it portrays the NRA as calling all the shots within the GOP on guns. But it seems it was Cruz, Lee and Paul who drew the line, and then the NRA came in to hold that line.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Last night on MSNBC’s Hardball, Chris Matthews played this video and asked for my response.

I brought up the analogy of terrorism yielding calls for war in the Muslim world, or restrictions on civil liberties. These are standard responses to terrorist attacks, and it’s very likely that some victims or their families would advocate such a response.

“Just because there’s a victim who wants a direct response,” I said, “doesn’t mean that is a correct policy response.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Drunken party mermaids are great and everything, but kinda hard to get rid of.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Thanks. You just gave me a new idea. Would you like to be mentioned as a co-conspirator for when I get caught? It could help rid you of that bookworm stigma that party babes hate.

SparkPlug on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Some friendly advice from many years experience. Citing that particular “news source” is only going to make us howl at you even harder. That’s the equivalent of a Repub citing Faux News to make their point.

INCOMPLETE-

Del Dolemonte on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:21 PM

What is your hangup with mothers? See a shrink, you swine.

Schadenfreude on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Not all black midgets are African.

SparkPlug on May 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Do you know what the difference is between Pygmies and dem women politicians?

One is a group of runts and the other is a group of ?

arnold ziffel on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Will no one rid me of this troublesome troll?

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

It’s just . . . there has to be something there. I can’t burn ice!

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Dire Straits on May 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Barbados is gorgeous. The turtles come right up on the sand to lay their eggs and when the babies make a dash for the sea, the locals go down to the beach and see that they make it. :)

I have a Bajan friend who has a house on the beach. :)

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM

williamg on May 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Nice Eagles line up! I luvs you too man :-)

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Tell us more.

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Keep proving me right. You have nothing George. You could sing though.

CW on May 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

SparkPlug on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I’ll trust your judgement. :)

*sip*

wait, that can’t be right

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I was doing my Beckett bit… which is nothing like a bucket list…incidentally. :)

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Stop changing the subject and tell us how your mother swallows. You haven’t been shy all these times.

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

So Democrats believe that they are going to win elections based on a gun vote? Consider this then: According to the latest Rasmussen polls, Republicans have surpassed Democrats for the first time since before the election last November. Obama’s approval has slipped in the past month and currently holds a 39% approval amongst gun owners. According to Gallup, only 4% of Americans see the gun issue as the top issue in the country.

This is nothing but a smear campaign. These people should be directing their anger at people like Joe Manchin who openly admitted that this bill would NOT have prevented the Sandy Hook shooting despite them citing that incident as a reason for more laws. That is where the anger should be.

bright right on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

PPP. You be killing me.

Say how deep have you gotten Obama’s schlong? You’re a joke.

CW on May 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

AP has this thing for PPP polls and David Frum articles.

I am so old I can remember when Frum was going to remake the conservative movement (from outside) via his website (four years ago). Anyone remember the Frum Forum? Anyone beside Frum and AP care?

bw222 on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Schadenfreude on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Good evening, Schadenfreude. :) Lovely to see you.

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Sing for us, HAL.

22044 on May 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Three killed and 17 wounded in the Windy City last night:

bw222 on May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, but you can say this much about the Murder Mayor & Co: They have their priorities straight (no pun intended, of course). They have kicked off their campaign to make sure that Chicago becomes the home of the ‘National Gay Athlete Hall of Fame.’

Meanwhile, some high school athletes cannot even play their games because going to their ‘away’ games on the South Side comes with a ‘Travel Advisory.’ Chance of Drive-by Shooting: Better than wind in the Windy City.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Putz…

KCB on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Del Dolemonte on May 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Instapundit has a regular column there and doofus is only linking a photo.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Seven Bridges Road – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Such a simple question, no stigma attached and yet it goes unanswered

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you ever undergone a background check for a gun purchase?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

…you’ve known the donkey how many years now?…brays…then boogies!

KOOLAID2 on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Tell us more.

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Is it just me, or are you furtively attempting to avoid the gaze of a certain ‘eye’?

wolfsDad on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

And I snuggle way in
Where no one can reach me
And I sigh
A little turtle sigh…

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

KOOLAID2 on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Well, I can be as stubborn as a mule myself.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I was at the new Gander Mountain store today, right next to Cabelas; all GM sells there is guns, boots, and accessories. Place was packed tight and I found…drum roll please…honest to God PMAG’s as well as .22LR ammo and they weren’t gouging like Cabelas has been doing lately.

10 PMAG’s and 3,000 rounds of .22 in one cart, I almost started crying for joy.

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

So Democrats believe that they are going to win elections based on a gun vote?

bright right on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yeppers! It’s funny, isn’t it? Per Gallup, a whole 4% of voters rank gun control at the top of their priorities. Obama is underwater on the issues that voters rank highest.

Evidently, Dems have been hanging out with Alice and the hookah smoking caterpillar.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

10 PMAG’s and 3,000 rounds of .22 in one cart, I almost started crying for joy.

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I wish I could find ammo that easily.

nobar on May 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Snort.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hi, Sophie……..

williamg on May 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Law Review was a meritocratic process at the law school I went to, Harvard. You had to write on to get on.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

. . . You went to Harvard Law?

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM

. . . You went to Harvard Law?

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Let’s rephrase that. You were a student at Harvard? Did you graduate from Harvard?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

yes to both.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

See? Something to work with. :)

But HAL never actually says anything.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

A lovely poem, Scrumpy! Very evocative. Makes me wonder…

Do oysters… sleeping in their beds beneath the waves… dream salty dreams?

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

10 PMAG’s and 3,000 rounds of .22 in one cart, I almost started crying for joy.

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

That was beautiful man. Lolz.

SparkPlug on May 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

It’s Rumplestiltskin time :-)

I bid thee all a sweet good night!

God Bless, be safe… {Hugs} all round!

* swoosh *

Scrumpy on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

When I saw these stories popping up all over Google news, I immediately went to FB..friends Kelly and told her to keep up the good fight.

That a small group of liberals can pretty much “terrorize” a US representative with the help of the liberal media, I have to wonder who the real criminals in America are today.

celt on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Or found a COP TO KILL like the Brothers Tsarnaev.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Good point..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

….
bright right on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

And as I noted earlier…. the gun issue motivates pro-gun rights voters more so than their counterparts.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Thanks, I will alert the Husband.

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Sooooo nice!….Modulation:

“As I snuggle way in
Where no pain can reach me…”

williamg on May 2, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I’ll think about that one!!
:-)

swoosh

Scrumpy on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Lyin’ Eyes – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

HotAirLib on May 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM

You are getting downright rude. When your mom was on Tarzan, is it true she had to wipe peanut butter on her lips to get Cheetah to kiss her?

arnold ziffel on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Hey, william. Thanks, Dire.

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I know your brain probably barely operates above that of a 5 year old having a temper tantrum, but I encourage you to provide us with any supporting data that gun control or gun bans reduce homicides or violent crime in general. Take your time. We’ll wait.

NotCoach on April 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Another reason those idiot liberals built Google, so that brilliant folks like you could find this information on their own.
Since conservatives love to claim that gun control in Australia hasn’t drastically reduced the national murder rate, a few facts:

1. After gun control laws were enacted, the number of mass shooting and killings has fallen dramatically.

2. In 1993, 37 percent of armed robberies were committed with a firearm (1,983). Since then the proportion has declined to a low of 14 percent in 2000 (1,328) (figure 4-While the use of firearms to commit armed robbery has fallen, there has been a subsequent increase in the use of “other weapons” such as knives to commit armed robbery.

In other words, US police departments aren’t simply acting out a fascist dream in calling for better gun regulation. Banning specific weapons actually does reduce their use in armed robberies and other crimes.

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

The light in my little shelled life
And I snuggle way in
Where no one can reach me
And I sigh
A little turtle sigh…

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

lol — Wow! That’s so cute and pretty, Scrump!

Like so many turtle gods
With so many flashlights

lol

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Souinds like a good plan is changing to a better plan..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Scrumpy on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Goodnight, Spritely One! Sleep well. Dream salty dreams. :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM

You are getting downright rude.

arnold ziffel on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

He’s going to find himself on the underbelly of Ed’s banhammer in the morning, if he’s not careful.

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

It was beautiful. They had entire racks of EBR’s, even one of those .22 copies of the STG-44 which I briefly considered buying but didn’t because the cheek-weld on that thing is truly awful.

Stacks of ammo, reloading supplies, tac gear of every type, and a wall to wall crowd of enthusiastic fellow shooters.

These PPP polls are shiite, the real opinions are being formed out here and the results are NOT what the liberal trash are hoping for.

Bishop on May 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Good night Chrissy!

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

on May 1, 2013

…the braying assHotLipsnoforeskin…all we need is turdfreeorpee and DBare to make it a complete circus tonight!…things must be going bad for the other side!

KOOLAID2 on May 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

You summed it up as well as could any local. However, the Tribune has found the silver lining:

Despite violent end, April had fewest homicides since ’60s

wolfsDad on May 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Asked for facts, gives no citations.

Research 2.0

nobar on May 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

In Florida, unless you have a concealed carry permit, it takes three days to buy a hand gun. But the Obama administrations weapon of choice, a shotgun, can be purchased the same day but you must still have a background check.

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

What do police officers have to say?

According to a survey of 15,000 US police officers, rank and file cops overwhelmingly believe that banning such magazines will not reduce violent crime.

Do you think a federal ban on the manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds would reduce violent crime?

No: 14,013

Unsure: 238

What effect do you think the passage of the White House’s currently proposed legislation would have in improving police officer safety?

Significant: 438

Moderate: 1,255

None: 8,878

Negative: 3,597

Unsure: 474

What would help most in preventing large scale shootings in public? Choose the selection you feel would have the most impact:

Improved background screening to determine mental wellness of gun purchasers: 1,966

Longer prison terms for gun-related violent crimes: 1,105

More aggressive institutionalisation for mentally ill persons: 2,749

More legislative restrictions on ‘assault weapons’ and ammo magazines: 128

Tighter limits on weapon sales and transfers: 214

More armed guards/paid security personnel: 2,220

More permissive concealed carry policies for civilians: 4,035

Other: 1,605

What do you believe is the biggest cause of gun violence in the United States?

Pop culture influence (violent movies, video games): 1,941

Parole, early release, and short sentencing for violent offenders: 2,052

Guns are too prevalent and easy to obtain: 611

Poor identification and treatment of mentally ill individuals: 1,416

Decline in parenting and family values: 5,330

Economic factors/income inequality: 223

Unsure: 340

Other: 2,064

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Wasted Time

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Would already be a done deal, but people keep answering him in kind . . .

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

You know what that tells me? That you won’t be happy until we have total confiscation. Thanks for playing.

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Another reason those idiot liberals built Google

You need some new material.

You would think such dramatic new restrictions were bound to help. But the striking thing is how little effect they had on gun deaths.

It’s true the homicide rate fell after the law took effect — but it had also been falling long before that. A study published by the liberal Brookings Institution noted that the decline didn’t accelerate after 1996. Same for lethal accidents. Suicide didn’t budge. At most, they conclude “there may” — may — “have been a modest effect on homicide rates.”

Researchers at the University of Melbourne, however, found no such improvement as a result of the new system. “There is little evidence to suggest that it had any significant effects on firearm homicides or suicides,” they wrote.-Chicago Trib

Not quite as simple as you pretend.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

That’s an excellent choice, Ken. :) Good evening.

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Seven Bridges Road – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Very nice! Hello Moon Goddess.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Peaceful Easy Feelin’ – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

And violent crime went up in Great Britain….why do you hate the English?

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Reduced gun related deaths does not mean reduced homicides. Nice try.

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Same as above. Neither of your examples demonstrates a reduction in crime related to gun control or gun bans, but a reduction in gun related crime. Hint: Take a look at the UK’s and Australia’s crime statistics since banning guns.

NotCoach on April 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

NotCoach on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Such a simple question, no stigma attached and yet it goes unanswered.

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you ever undergone a background check for a gun purchase?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Scrumpy on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

…beautiful…and the site is beautiful!…I like it!

KOOLAID2 on May 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Great to hear that you’re “feeling great”! :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

That’s an excellent choice, Ken. :) Good evening.

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I like Seven Bridges and I can’t tell you why very much too, but this is my fave.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

HAL still has nothing. Laughable. Must be one of those smart libs they keep braying about.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

That is bs..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Massachusetts’ Gun Ban

1998: The year Massachusetts passed what was hailed as the “toughest gun-control legislation in the country.”

1.5 million: Number of active gun licences in Massachusetts in 1998.

200,000: Number of active gun licences in Massachusetts in 2002.

65: Number of homicides in Massachusetts in 1998.

122: Number of homicides in Massachusetts in 2011.

1.9 per 100,000: The Massachusetts murder rate in 1997.

2.8 per 100,000: The Massachusetts murder rate in 2011 and represented a rise relative to the rest of the nation, which was decreasing.

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Screw this. Flicking switch to black. Time for Salma Hyack. Will be over here.

check, check, check

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

The Eagles have done such wonderful work over the years that it’s a difficult choice, indeed. Fortunately, we don’t have to choose just one. :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

bayam on May 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM

You’re not real bright.

Steal my shite I don’t care if you have a gun , knife , or a bat ….it is still a robbery. Idiot.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Peaceful Easy Feelin’ – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

They really have quite a body of work. I have read that their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 was the first platinum album ever. Something about it being the first qualifier after the Platinum standard was made in ’76.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM

A number of Illinois schools are looking at cancelling sports, band and other extra-curricular activites because they are paying $100k a year teacher pensions.

bw222 on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Tequila Sunrise – Eagles

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Dire…

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Such a simple question, no stigma attached and yet it goes unanswered.

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you ever undergone a background check for a gun purchase?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

No ma’am guns aw vewy scewy and the po-po will pwoteck me.

arnold ziffel on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Great to hear that you’re “feeling great”! :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Such a simple question, no stigma attached and yet it goes unanswered.

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you ever undergone a background check for a gun purchase?

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM

lol

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM

And we shall pause for a moment of silence from Brayam.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM

LoLz..Hang around..:)

PS..Nice tune..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM

You’re not real bright.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

DOH! I missed that once I saw decline in armed robberies with firearms. You and I both know crime is not reduced (in fact there is strong evidence it increases) when guns are banned, so I failed to read further before I posted my response. Good catch.

NotCoach on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I’d have to look it up to be sure, but I think that sound about right. :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

here’s bayam’s dream utopia…right in MO, where a Moderate Dem leftist Guv plays footsie with barry and Janet by giving private CCL data.

*UPDATE 2: A senate hearing is underway right now led by Sen. Kurt Schaefer, Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. Moments ago while under oath a SSA agent just admitted that any veteran drawing social security disability and who had a CCW would have been a target .

see, because really the long term goal of the left is to harass people and make it unpleasant to own a gun. Oh, they ‘support’ the second amendment…but you gotta prove that you are ‘fit’ to own a gun in the first place

r keller on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

if he’s not careful.

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM

…I was starting to get in the mood to push it…in my way…so it would!…but what would we have?…DBare runs with one or two brain cells in that race…and now we learn we have another Harvard lawyer who should be in JugEars cabinet…gracing our blog!

KOOLAID2 on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

*lame and nerdish salute* :)

Axe on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM

You are kinda amazing….seriously.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

arnold ziffel on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

“Sheriff Joe and Slick Willie say you just need a shotgun to shoot up in the air and they will leave..:)

Dire Straits on May 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Good Evening Jackie :) Good work today, though not for selling.

Just saw your greeting. Took some time to wade through the mess. Unfortunately the air in here is putrefied.

Schadenfreude on May 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

When did Toomey become such an a-hole?

Mark1971 on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

The Long Run – Eagles

Very Joe Walsh.

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I have to work tomorrow so I’m calling it a night. If babyham ever answers my question, copy, bold and paste it so I can see it tomorrow. I’m sure none of you will have to go to that trouble.

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Few CCW States -> High Homicide & Violent Crime Rates:

In 1986, concerning CCW/CHL laws, there were: 1 UNRESTRICTED, 8 SHALL issue, 26 MAY issue, and 15 NO issue states.

The homicide rate was 8.6 per 100,000 inhabitants and there were an estimated 620.1 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 1986.
Explosion in CCW States -> Homicide & Violent Crime Rates Have Fallen Dramatically:

In 2011, concerning CCW/CHL laws, there were: 4 UNRESTRICTED, 37 SHALL Issue, 8 MAY Issue, and 1 NO Issue states.

The homicide rate was 4.7 per 100,000 inhabitants and there were an estimated 386.3 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011.

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I’d have to look it up to be sure, but I think that sound about right. :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I read in on the interwebs, but it could still be true. HAL didn’t write it.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Cindy Munford on May 2, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Goodnight, Cindy. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on May 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Good night Cindy!

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM

You are kinda amazing….seriously.

KCB on May 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

She’s always churning. I doubt she gets much sleep.

CW on May 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM