Newspaper guild: The LA Times must not be sold to the Koch brothers and their “harsh right-wing positions”; Update: LA Dems threaten Times investors over Koch sale

posted at 2:01 pm on May 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

I tweeted this link last night and John Ziegler replied, “Isn’t this guild statement the ultimate smoking gun of liberal media bias? Didn’t do same for David Geffen’s efforts to buy LAT”. Precisely my point in yesterday’s post. If the media was as neutral as they pretend to be for professional (and political) advantage, any bid from a strong partisan, whether left or right, should cause jitters about the newsroom becoming “unbalanced.” Where’s the hand-wringing over liberal ideologues buying up media?

Here’s the Guild statement in full, via Jim Romenesko. Note that there’s no hand-wringing over traditional union concerns like the Kochs cutting wages, layoffs, reducing hours, etc. The objection is purely political, fraudulently dressed up as concern that the chastity of our impartial media might — gasp — be violated by ideology. In terms of pure contempt for the reader’s intelligence, the boldface bit here is the rhetorical equivalent of a middle finger:

Recently you’ve seen many petitions asking that the Koch brothers not be allowed to buy the Tribune Company’s newspapers. We understand why the Kochs breed this distrust. They are active political proponents of harsh right-wing positions. We’re also not certain that Tribune will listen to anything but money when the final decision is made.

What we do know is that great papers publish credible, trusted journalism online and on the printed page. Whoever comes to own these mastheads needs to understand that protecting newsrooms from ideological taint is no small thing. The future of American journalism depends on the ability to print truth, not opinion.

We call on Tribune to make a pledge that they’ll only sell to a buyer that will protect the objectivity of the news product by making a public commitment to doing so. The Newspaper Guild-CWA and the Communications Workers of America seek your support in this goal.

Yesterday I wanted the Kochs to buy the paper to spite the bien-pensants there who can’t stop getting high on the “untainted” scent of their own partisan farts. Now I want someone like Soros to buy it so that we can grind their faces in this statement when the Guild inevitably issues no objection to that sale. Actually, though, this fits with the trend I wrote about recently vis-a-vis Gosnell of the media becoming more candid about its biases over time provided that it doesn’t have to correct those biases. Conservative media watchdogs gave them a choice: Go on calling yourself objective and be objective, or go on being biased and cop to the bias. The idea was that they’d be shamed into choosing door number one. Wrong. They’ve taken door number two — occasionally with a vengeance, per the Guild’s little broadside against the Kochs. You win, wingnuts. We’re biased. Now leave us alone.

But look on the bright side. If you’re a fan of partisan conservative media like talk radio or Fox News, big media’s insistence on remaining out-and-proud left is good news for you. It’s not good for the average voter (there’s a special irony in California’s flagship newspaper riding an ideological monopoly to ruin), but big media’s loss is alternative media’s gain.

Update: I dare them to do it. Just because I want to see what the inevitable First Amendment lawsuit looks like.

Three Los Angeles City Council members — including a candidate for mayor — asked their colleagues Tuesday to consider pulling city pension money from the investment firms that own the Los Angeles Times if they sell the publication to buyers who do not support “professional and objective journalism.”…

“Frankly what I hear about the Koch brothers, if it’s true, it’s the end of journalism,’’ said [Councilman Bill] Rosendahl, a former broadcaster. “I don’t want to see Los Angeles, the second-largest city and the biggest region in the nation, not to have a quality newspaper.”…

“We cannot support the sale of the Times to entities who Times readers would view as a political transaction first and foremost, turning L.A.’s metropolitan daily into an ideological mouthpiece whose commitment to empirical journalism would be unproven at best,” Rosendahl wrote in the motion. “A newspaper isn’t just a business it’s also a civic trust.”

It’s the end of journalism if the Kochs buy a newspaper, but not if city governments start threatening media companies financially for endorsing the wrong political views?

I’ll leave you with this:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Get the sad violin, libtards.

MelonCollie on May 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

The Dems add new meaning to “Stop the presses!”

Drained Brain on May 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

The Kochs need to start a Conservative J school…you know like the Progs have been doing for years…

d1carter on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Cries of media bias by the right are laughable.

urban elitist on January 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

rogerb on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Shouldn’t there be a petition somewhere that I can sign to show my support for the Koch Corp in this endeavor? Also, if they’re interested, I’ll bet they could pick up the Cleveland Plain Dealer for a song….

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Sure hope the Kochs double down on this one.

katy on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

It’s fun to watch.

Schadenfreude on May 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

“A newspaper isn’t just a business it’s also a civic trust.”

Since when? Does one have to have a license to publish a newspaper, like it is for radio and TV stations?

Pony up and start your own paper if you’re that worried about it.

It’s not enough for them to trample our 2nd amendment rights. Now they want our 1st amendment rights too.

CurtZHP on May 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Like I said yesterday, either a Koch acquisition of these papers will turn them into successes or shut them down. Either way, win-win.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

So, Prog politicians can’t survive without their media cohorts…who knew?

d1carter on May 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Two things. First, journalism ended 5 years ago when the mainstream media dropped all pretenses in their covering for….errrr, coverage of Obama. Second, L.A. already doesn’t have a quality newspaper, so they don’t need to worry about that.

Doughboy on May 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

This is bordering on “Cryptonomicon” worthy.

If the Koch’s buying a newspaper is the end of journalism then I’m all for it. The nation can respond by resurrecting something new from the ashes that doesn’t consist of liberals blowing one-another and then bragging about it on every page.

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

No, you don’t.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Idiots

cmsinaz on May 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM

This is third-world type politics that should not be happening America. So sad that Dem voters are on board with this type of tyrannical intimidation.

I see it all the time here in Chicago. It explains why this place is a hole, and beyond recovery.

visions on May 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM

+1cynccook

cmsinaz on May 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I read a headline that if the buy is successful, half the staff of the LA Times would resign.

I want to see that happen. I’m sure MSNBC and CNN would scoop them all up for a job!

This all sounds like a kid threatening to hold his breath if he can’t have a cookie before supper.

Liberals are so childish! I say to let ‘em have it.

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Did HA just go down for few seconds..?

d1carter on May 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Here’s hoping they buy it, make money letting the local fire department practice torching the place, and then sell the land to a windfarm.

txhsmom on May 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Cries of media bias by the right are laughable.

urban elitist on January 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

rogerb on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ah, the irony :)

jimver on May 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Waiting for verbalace and the gang to come here and demonstrate how the media is really a rightwing capitalistic group, blah blah and how if only progressivism had a voice in the media we would all see the light….

Vanceone on May 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

While the journalists threats are probably mostly bluffs, the Kochs had better have a viable game plan if they actually do this. There are all sorts of things the low-level workers can do to sabotage a business without going through with their ultimatum. Of course, the Kochs didn’t get rich by being stupid, so I’m sure they’re thinking it through.

Fenris on May 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

No worries. The hypocrisy just rolls off their pointed heads.

If I were the Koch brothers, I’d buy the Times. Then dismantle it. I’m sure all those “reporters” will be able to find new jobs.

GarandFan on May 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Aljazeera should buy the LAT to preserve the ideological purity !

burrata on May 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

America 2013: Harsh = Support life, keep the Bill of Rights, strong defense, low taxes, control immigration.

We are truly in an alternate universe.

Limerick on May 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Yep, it’s the end of the world if a “right winger” buys the paper. But the Socialists that have been running it to this point, juuust right. Stay classy there Libs. Thank you for confirming everyone’s worst thoughts about you.

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

An unemployed liberal is a burden on the state not a donor to the DNC. Well done Koch brothers.

meci on May 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I’ll buy it for one dollar

jaywemm on May 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Translation: WE CONTROL THE NEWS! NOT YOU!

portlandon on May 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don’t think you are giving this meltdown enough credit, AP. This is nutty. As in “nuts.” They created a Koch boogeyman in their heads who is worse than any Satan they’d care to entertain. We don’t talk about “The Koch Brothers” much, but they never shut up about them over there.

And now their boogeyman, not any actual human beings, is jumping out of the closet and all their worst nightmares are coming true. This is the end of the world. The right is taking over today, and tomorrow, we’ll be under the rule of “the corporations.”

Your analysis is sane and measured, and tries to explain why Patient Mike keeps putting his arms over Patient Karen. But the answer is simpler: Mike thinks he’s a teapot, and he thinks Karen’s a cup.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Hmm, maybe the Koch bros. can provoke the dems to destroy the Times Building and its presses…..if the Left can’t keep the paper,t nobody can!!!!

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

LOL

pat on May 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Pat Caddell Says: Media Have Become an “Enemy of the American people”

Become???? Its BEEN the enemy of the American people since the Vietnam War, at least. Its just that they’ve been far more open about it and not hiding it lately.

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Oh please buy the papers! I wanna see “journalists” heads explode, and not the slow oozy, explosions, but the Mars Attacks head popping explosions.

Iblis on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

If I were the Koch brothers, I’d buy the paper and gut it down to the name. I mean, I wouldn’t keep any single person currently working there. From the highest position there to the lowest of the low positions, gone.

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

If the liberals had made the paper a success by them running the show, why is it now being sold?

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

No worries. The hypocrisy just rolls off their pointed heads.

GarandFan on May 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

More seriously, if you were the Koch brothers you wouldn’t throw your hard-earned money down a rathole.

Fenris on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Axe, you inscrutable bastard, have I told you lately how much I like you? Also.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I don’t doubt there will be more journalistic freedom under the Koch brothers, than the present hierarchy, or a slimeball like Soros.

ultracon on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I’d buy it, wait for all the pinheads to quit, then give giant raises to those who stayed.

“Geez too bad you people left, you had raises coming too.”

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

And make it an open shop — no union. Pay union scale, but no organization.

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

The LA Times? Let it burn…

Pat Caddell Says: Media Have Become an “Enemy of the American people”

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Yep – for exactly that reason.

Why start with a broken and unwilling engine? Just create an alternative and let the market sort it out.

beatcanvas on May 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

In other news, the Popcorn commodities skyrocket…

kirkill on May 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

The item is just as significant for who’s saying it as for what’s being said.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

The Kochs should buy it and rename it Periodico Amarillo.

RSbrewer on May 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Well, to be fair, I’d make every employee go through the interview process again and have them justify their retention.

Then I’d fire them. :)

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Would you work on it with them? The lawsuit, I mean.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Buy it, walk into the newsroom and announce that the place was going to be EXACTLY 50-50 conservative-liberal by the end of the year. Anyone unwilling to play on a LEVEL playing field can leave. Most would leave, because they KNOW they don’t have the intellectual capacity for it.

michaelo on May 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I’d like to see those against the sale go all Buddhist nun. You know – gasoline, a match…. Let the public they mean business.

Blake on May 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Cries of media bias by the right are laughable.

urban elitist on January 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

In the final week of the 2012 presidential campaign, according to a study by the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism:

Barack Obama received:

29% positive coverage

19% negative coverage
Mitt Romney received:

16% positive coverage

33% negative coverage
But, Pew is Faux News or something…
On 18 March 2013, Kermit Gosnell went on trial. Since then, Good Morning America has devoted:

* 0 minutes on the Kermit Gosnell trial

* 109 minutes to ‘other trials,’ including a 10-part series on the Jodi Arias trial
I’m sure that there’s no bias there either.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Everybody knows the media leans right.

/idiots

Good Lt on May 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Let the public know that they mean business…

Blake on May 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Why couldn’t those who are against the sale to the Koch brothers have been Gosnelled .

DevilsPrinciple on May 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

…to entities who Times readers would view as a political transaction first and foremost, turning L.A.’s metropolitan daily into an ideological mouthpiece…

Too late

WordsMatter on May 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I’m sure that there’s no bias there either.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I can’t figure out if they’re really this delusional or if they’re just being reactionary. If these ‘journalists’ really believe that they’re unbiased torch-bearers of truth and enlightenment, I would find that to be genuinely frightening.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I love to watch Dems in full panic mode…..lol

dddave on May 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Axe, you inscrutable bastard, have I told you lately how much I like you? Also.

cynccook on May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

1. You have not. And it’s about time. :) 2. I’m making an effort to be more scrutable. 3. I love that story you linked so much, I could shower you with Cheetos.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM

We support all opinions! As long as they’re in lockstep agreement with us!

Chris of Rights on May 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

“A newspaper isn’t just a business it’s also a civic trust.”

No it’s not. It an entity created by investors to make a return on their investment.

Whether they accomplish that goal is driven by the public buying their product. But, I never expected a California liberal to understand free enterprise.

BacaDog on May 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I love to watch Dems in full panic mode…..lol

dddave on May 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I’d love it more if they’d go all Martian mode ala “Mars Attacks!”

Crank up some Slim Whitman “Indian Love Call”

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Just create an alternative and let the market sort it out.

beatcanvas on May 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Since few towns can support two papers any more that would be awesome. I wish they buy the Hearst papers in Texas. Houston and San Antonio is a huge a market grab that surely is larger than LA.

DanMan on May 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I love when Socialists are on the defensive.

Egfrow on May 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Quite frankly, liberal journalism is a road to failure. Look at all those publications out there going bust. You COULD make the case that media has changed enough that the newspapers are really NEEDED anymore. But if the material published were anything WORTH reading, reported on issues which the general public were most interested in, and above all, reflected an objective report of matters-at-hand… would we not be interested in obtaining a subscription? (Newsweek anyone?)

So, if the LA Times had the journalistic integrity already, it could be that they would not need to sell their paper? (for other failed liberal enterprises, see: Air America)

One wonders….

Turtle317 on May 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

BacaDog on May 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I don’t know, most businesses aren’t discussed in the Constitution.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Since Los Angeles is close to San Diego…

‘Toon of the Day: I Only Have Eyes For You…

lol in a sad, kind of pathetic way…

Sap!

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

What we do know is that great papers publish credible, trusted journalism online and on the printed page. .

So they admit that they are not working for a great, or even mediocre paper then? Well, admitting you have a problem is the first step toward solving it.

AZfederalist on May 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

It’s incredible of the amount of hubris displayed by the left as if they’re the only custodians of truth and knowledge.

To the left, “truth” and “knowledge” serve them, not the other way around.

Kingfisher on May 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

The Kochs should end the paper edition and go ePaper.

That would make the “greenies” ecstatic, if they were’t all rabid leftists who hate the Kochs.

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Buy the paper and announce that nothing will change to mirror the owner’s viewpoint.

When the cheering stops hold a press conference and say that in the interest of fairness and equitable living standards everyone at the paper will be paid exactly the same salary, from the newly hired truck driver to the lead editor. Then watch the fireworks.

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

It is completely appropriate that Los Angeles Democratic powerbrokers pressure and threaten shareholders invested the LA Times …

… because they didn’t build that.

/vomit

M240H on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Thank God for the Koch brothers. It saves the libtards from having to invent them!!

Deano1952 on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

“A newspaper isn’t just a business it’s also a civic trust.”

I remember this line in regards to the Oilers and the owner’s demands for a new stadium. Then they got creamed in the second half by a Buffalo team that had to resort to their back-up QB and limped over to Nashville a couple of years later.

When we had two papers you could tell one from the other by the tone of the editorials. I subscribed to both. The conservative one bought the liberal one and became way more liberal as a result.

DanMan on May 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You have got to be kidding me… The Democrats are threatening the owners for political malfeasance?!

What the F*** is wrong with this country?!?

Is this not the very definition of fascism?

Skywise on May 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

What’s the left afraid of? I thought they would be ecstatic watching the Koch brothers spend millions of dollars on a business only to find that business fall into financial ruin.

The libs believe that conservatives fail constantly yet they fail to get out of the way and let that happen. It’s as if they know the Kochs will succeed.

Kingfisher on May 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Deano1952 on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If it weren’t the Koch brothers… it would be some other right-leaning outfit that barely cracks the top 20 political contributors’ list….

Turtle317 on May 1, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Whoops; too late – you already don’t have a quality newspaper, champ.

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

OT/

Sap!

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Poor guy. He just wants love. Is that too much to ask of life?

APPARENTLY

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

michaelo on May 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I respectfully disagree. If I were in charge of structuring the NEW paper and staff, it would be entirely conservative. From the top down. I would make it clear from the start that the paper was going to have conservative journalists, columnists, editors and conservative content.

I would advertise it and hype it as such, as the one conservative paper amongst all the rest of the liberal, wacko-leftist drivel in all the other papers around.

And let me tell you, if the Koch brothers did it this way, it would sell like hotcakes. Guaranteed.

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Bishop on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

29 hour work-week would be cool.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Sounds like the City Council is worried about having a local paper that might point out the numerous idiocies and criminalities of the City Council.

trigon on May 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

If all these so-called “principled” employees of the LAT newsroom quit when the Kochs buy it, it will save them a fortune in severance packages and future unemployment taxes – not to mention the process of laying off the dead wood.

The handwriting is on the wall, though, not just for LAT (no matter who is dumb enough to buy it), but for all print newspapers. The world has passed them by, their paid readership is aging and dying off and they cannot survive.

When you see the likes of Dana Milbank begging on the street, be sure to laugh at him as you pass by.

Adjoran on May 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Asked their colleagues Tuesday to consider pulling city pension money from the investment firms that own the Los Angeles Times if they sell the publication to buyers who do not support “professional and objective journalism.”

I guess the libs don’t understand that the guys at the investment firms aren’t all that motivated by city pension money. Government pensions have to be a huge headache to run, and you’re increasingly likely, especially in California, to get screwed if you’re involved in government financial stuff.

hawksruleva on May 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Frankly what I hear about the Bill Rosendahl and his “relationships” with children, if it’s true, it’s the end of, well, it would be a career plus in Democrat politics probably.

Just speculatin’ as that is the standard of today’s Anti-American Democrat garbage.

MNHawk on May 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

He’s doing this even though HE ADMITS he doesn’t know if any of what he’s heard is true???

Unbelievable.

taznar on May 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

L.A. Libs/Proggies simple solution… a city-owned newspaper!

They won’t sell it to you? …who said anything about buying?

I’m sure eminent domain, condemnation proceedings and a sympathetic judge will get it done.

As a side bonus you get to screw the stockholders and bondholders!

Marcola on May 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

It’s the end of journalism if the Kochs buy a newspaper

Meh, real journalism ended a very long time ago.

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Meh, real journalism ended a very long time ago.

When it comes to the LSM, that is. It can still be found, most recently on certain websites.

hawkeye54 on May 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I must disagree there. I would forget about politics completely, and aim for HONEST reporting, the facts as they are. That’s what journalism is supposed to be about, the entire concept of a free press from America’s Founding.

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

LA Times: Where’s that extra-national white knight when you need one?

de rigueur on May 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Cries of media bias by the right are laughable.

urban elitist on January 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM

rogerb on May 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ah, the irony :)

jimver on May 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Any good leftist will tell you that the media is biased.

By which they mean, the media is far too conservative.

Irony, indeed!

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

The Koch brothers should buy the LA Times, then convert it to a toilet paper factory.

I bet no one would notice.

BMF on May 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

The fact is though, if you subtract the leftist, Socialist bent from the current state of news media right now, the end result of having no bias and actually reporting the “actual” news, is inherently Conservative.

If the real news is reported, the Left loses, and loses BIG, every time.

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

If L.A. Dems horrified by Kochs Tribune bid, but not wealthy liberal donors’ bid, maybe it’s more about self-preservation than journalism.

Yep, the last thing crooked California politicians want are real journalists shining the light of truth on their corrupt, profligate activities. Cockroaches rely on the cover of darkness to operate.

FloatingRock on May 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Everyone ought to up in arms over this bullying tactic. It’s absolutely nauseating. First the Left threatens Chick Fil A over comments their President made, now they’re doing the same to investors who might entertain the idea of selling to libertarians. We cannot and should not stand for this garbage. The so called tolerant ones are increasingly deciding what views are allowed, and which aren’t.

changer1701 on May 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Axe, I hope that he finds it soon. Hopefully, he stays away from this nutter chick…

Incredibly Attractive Think Progress Writer and Friend of Bill Ayers Busted for Fake Hate Crime

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

If the real news is reported, the Left loses, and loses BIG, every time.

Meople on May 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I understand your point, and totally agree. But even ‘being Conservative’ lends a bent toward a possible bias.

As a stanch Constitutional Constructionist, I want an honest media for once. Bill a revamped paper failing because of its liberalism as anything other than honest is a killer, too.

It might seem trite and concise, but if you give the people honesty they’ll favorably respond.

Liam on May 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Can’t hide their stalinism can they?

tom daschle concerned on May 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM