Jay Carney: Hey, Benghazi happened a long time ago

posted at 4:01 pm on May 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Free Beacon, here’s Carney doing his own version of Hillary’s “What difference, at this point, does it make?” wave-off of an attack that killed a U.S. ambassador and three others. By “a long time,” he means seven and a half months. The Newtown murders happened four and a half months ago; the Aurora murders happened nine and a half months ago. Both were highly germane to goings-on on the Hill last month. Is there a different standard for foreign policy? The first alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria occurred in December, a week or two after Newtown, so maybe Carney’s inadvertently previewing O’s next big “red line” dodge. Sure, Assad might have gassed some people. But it was a long time ago.

What he really means here by saying it happened “a long time ago” is that hearings have already been held such that any whistleblower who wants to speak to Congress has had plenty of time to do so. Which is nice, but doesn’t answer the whispers in the press about diplomats being intimidated into silence; as Erika noted earlier, Darrell Issa is promising “new facts and details that the Obama administration has tried to suppress” at the next hearings, which may or may not relate to suspects in the attack. The book isn’t closed on this. Just ask the FBI:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

wolly4321 on May 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

While that is true, I was going more for the mental images for Axe, helps him focus so he can use verbs;)

MarshFox on May 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

farsighted on May 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Hey, Obama got reelected!!! I’m still mulling that over.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Show/’suspense’ is over. RWM KILLED nobrain.

Gosh, was it fun.

Schadenfreude on May 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Well, at least, he can’t say that I didn’t warn him…

You really, really shouldn’t try to play games with me because I will KILL you and you should know that by now.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Sophie was a lingerie model? Hmmmm, Axe lets work this as a hypothesis, that Sophie and SE Cupp are one in the same. Or maybe twins?

MarshFox on May 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Dude! Cut that out! I’m trying to be careful here, and you keep making it harder! :) I actually want to go to McDonald’s at some point. I want to go get square fish at McDonald’s more than any man has ever wanted to go get square fish at McDonald’s in the history of the world.

Besides, Resist out-classes Cupp like an aircraft carrier outclasses a corvette.

. . . speaking of wanting, what is today, anyway? Let me check . . .

T -3. :)

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM

If nonpartisan is on the level…

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Hold that thought and mull it over.

farsighted on May 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

He can’t put a sentence together without effort, Metal. :) I would doubt strongly.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Is there a reason I picture RWM in dominatrix garb?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that. :}

wolly4321 on May 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Ever notice that the only time liberals don’t ‘need’ something is when they’ve been, to use nobrain’s lingo, PWNed?

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It’s almost like they’re reading off the same script.

Imagine that.

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

g’night folks!

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, right back at ya…GFY with a pineapple.

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Yeah, right back at ya…GFY with a pineapple.

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

LOL now that just made me bust out laughing…mind if I use that in the future? Love it.

BeachBum on May 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

why so many presents? frankly, Im not informed enough to give an answer. Perhaps, he, unlike most politicians, was not afraid to show that he didn’t have an answer for every issue and didn’t want to just vote the party line mindlessly like many pols do

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Best poster on hotair, bar none.

Although the Harvard credentials were a bit too much because of a tendency towards poor grammar. Everyone makes mistakes, but I’d wager anyone with an actual degree, much less one from an Ivy (especially someone who’d made it on merit), would be embarrassed to write without at least attempting proper punctuation and capitalization. You worked hard to get there, you’re representing your school constantly, and you’re going to try and do it well.

Nonpartisan, you can help demonstrate. Will you please write:

My shoulder still hurts from helping my Uncle Jack off his horse.

It’s simple, but that’s the key to education.

rogerb on May 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Scumbags

John the Libertarian on May 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

g’night folks!

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Which one of you #*%kTards takes over the 8-12 shift???

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

#BREAKING: FBI releases photos of 3 people wanted for questioning in relation to attack on US Mission in Benghazi.

And here’s me thinking we’d see pics of Obama, Clinton and Rice.

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Oh, dear!!! I had a much loved relative that was once so angry that she told someone “up your azz with razor blades and salt”, you just brought that memory back to me. Good times.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

And here’s me thinking we’d see pics of Obama, Clinton and Rice.

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Racist!!!

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

avagreen on May 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

. . . wasn’t Drywall Canadian?

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM

If nonpartisan is on the level it just goes to prove I can be wrong. I didn’t think I could think any less of Harvard but apparently I can.

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Nope, just not possible. Even if he/she was an affirmative action graduate of HL, they couldn’t be that mind-numbingly stupid.

I still think he/she is a teenager.

slickwillie2001 on May 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Ok, I agree with you on the outclassed thing, that said, take her somewhere classy, I mean she lives in NYC ain’t that the capital of all the fancy dancy restaurants and all that. If Lila see this she’ll roll her eyes big time, she hates it when I do that, revert to my rubish language;)

Yes, tonight it clean my room night, tomorrow is turn over the keys and precheck bags and then Saturday is lift off though it will be Friday evening for you when I lift off, she finally started getting excited, it’s a ritual with us, she waits till all is firm, too many instances of let downs in the past.

MarshFox on May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

avagreen on May 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM

. . . wasn’t Drywall Canadian?

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Yes, as is bayam.

slickwillie2001 on May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Remember when Obamacare was not only going to lower premiums and healthcare costs for Americans, but reduce government spending? Well, who didn’t know this would happen?

Reid: More funding needed to prevent ObamaCare from becoming ‘train wreck’

It shouldn’t surprise anyone why the NHS is one of the top 3 issues in EVERY election and has been since it was founded after the war.

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Cindy Munford on May 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Well, if you can’t actually choke the stupid out of someone that so richly deserves it..

BigWyo on May 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yes, the US military and Dept of State are incapable of addressing security shortcomings without the right wing involved.

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM

For once, I think you’re right. Of course, it’s when you were trying to be sarcastic.

I’ll admit, even though I’ve always had a very low opinion of Hillary the Shrew, I would have never guessed she was as incompetent as she turned out to be in Benghazi.

Unless, of course, the death of an American ambassador was something she wanted?

There’s just no way around it. Either she’s staggeringly incompetent, or she didn’t actually want to protect the lives of Americans in Libya.

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Fully half of this thread is troll-related.

Mods, you let this continue unabated – why?

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

DOH! Corvette.

^That specification is necessary. Please to trust.

MarshFox on May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Darrell Issa is promising “new facts and details that the Obama administration has tried to suppress” at the next hearings…

Again, I’ll believe it when I see it. Regard for Issa has waned dramatically.

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM

There Goes the Neighborhood on May 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

That’s the point. There is no walking away clean, here.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Looks like I missed one heck of a beat-down on little boy partisan while I was driving home from work.
Good times.
Harvard my @ss….
But then again – every graduating class has a BOTTOM half….

dentarthurdent on May 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I’m going to overlook that.

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I’m going to overlook that.

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

i didn’t know how that was going to look until i hit send! and then i linked a picture as fast as i could type! corvette class warship, NOT corvette! NOT CORVETTE! — Jack! NOT CORVETTE!

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Jay Carney: Hey, Benghazi happened a long time ago

Yeah, like Chappaquiddick? Vince Foster? Ron Brown?…but of course Watergate’s like it was only yesterday…however, no one got killed in the latter.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
———————————————-
If you could get Obama’s dong any deeper you would . You’re a HACK.

CW on May 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I understand, my friend. No harm, no foul.

thatsafactjack on May 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Did nonpartisanpos ever get back from dinner? RWM wasn’t finished and said after she was done I could have m7y turn. Whack a trollee.

arnold ziffel on May 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Photo #1= Kang the Klingon from Star Trek (including fake beard and eyebrows)

Photo#2 = the original black guy from SNL, late seventies

Photo#3 = Our Lady of Lourdes (definitely female-ish)

I’m trying to be helpful.

kpguru on May 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM

arnold ziffel on May 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

She LIED. :) She killed Jackie’s troll, too.

She must be stopped. All I’m saying.

*cheeto*

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Law Professor Adjunct Lecturer at [University of] Chicago[, where was unable to obtain a full-time professorship or tenure.]

His speaking prowess is on display for everyone to witness

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Nutstuyu on May 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM

If those three jokers in Boston can be rung up for “obstruction of justice”, why won’t anyone charge Obama/Holder/Hillary with obstruction?

Nutstuyu on May 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

That’s the point. There is no walking away clean, here.

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Scooter Libby went to jail. Jon Corzine didn’t.

Thanks for the Corvette elucidation, btw.

wolfsDad on May 1, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Law Review was a meritocratic process at the law school I went to, Harvard. You had to write on to get on.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

RWM is referring to Harvard University Law School, not Harvard School for the Blind.

Nutstuyu on May 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

You had to write on to get on.

Communication 2.0

–bayam

tom daschle concerned on May 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM

nonbrain actually meant his odia mater Harvard Subnormal Skool (and Daycare) for the Gifted.

viking01 on May 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

And here’s me thinking we’d see pics of Obama, Clinton and Rice.

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

It’s called p0rnnoonewantstodownload.com

Nutstuyu on May 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Nutstuyu on May 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Larson–thanks.

arnold ziffel on May 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM

She LIED. :) She killed Jackie’s troll, too.

She must be stopped. All I’m saying.

*cheeto*

Axe on May 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I want to see her model and them loueybouton shoes, purses, whatever.
I’ll cook dinner for her and Jackie and then we can talk about poetry, kittens and Focke Wulf 190.

arnold ziffel on May 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Resist We Much on May 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

In the U.K. But that is an intentional outcome of O’Care here, they are doing it on purpose.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Jay Carney: Hey, Benghazi happened a long time ago

Ah, but since it actually happened in Libya and not in a galaxy far, far away, – it’s time for POTUS to tell the truth and let those that write and/or make movies tell the fantasies.

rukiddingme on May 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

What’s french for chicken?avagreen on May 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Capital Poulet? oh wait, that’s a Crock, as is nonbrain.

AH_C on May 2, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Obama hears Chris Stevens’ footsteps everywhere he goes.

Barack will wish he hadn’t just gone to bed that night for a Vegas flight.

Haunted …while covering it up with risible tripe.

profitsbeard on May 2, 2013 at 2:50 AM

B.O. has a laser like focus on Benghazi :(

tbear44 on May 2, 2013 at 3:52 AM

West Wing Carney all the way, baby!

Political operative extraordinaire!

The Poster Boy with the Pecs!

Full of himself and fool on you!

Aclass Ahole…(whoops!)

Sherman1864 on May 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Well I guess we can say that Obama is no longer president…because that election…well that was so long ago.

Don L on May 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM

That election was a long time ago… why is Obama still around the White House, Jay? Who writes the statute of limitations for what is and is not a relevant topic? Because it sure isn’t you, young feller-me-lad…

ajacksonian on May 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I love the photo of the “three” wanted in Benghazi……..could be any of 200 million in the Middle East.

Brilliant.

PappyD61 on May 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM

It happened a long time ago?…. Tell that to the families of the dead!

MPan on May 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Fully half of this thread is troll-related.

Mods, you let this continue unabated – why?

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

It’s all about the numbers.

If you want to see a Troll over-run a thread, check out the Fred Thomspon “God made a Patriot Thread” from yesterday.

Dante 2.0

Benghazigate. Amb. Stevens remains unavailable for comment.

kingsjester on May 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM

It’s all political, it happened a long time ago, anybody who wanted to testify has already testified, we’re not stopping anyone from saying what they want and we’re not aware of anybody who wants to say anything that hasn’t already been said, and Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with any of the orders that were generated under her signature by low-level functionaries, and everything’s really just fine, except those rotten Republicans who want to make a big deal out of this very unfortunate incident about which nobody in the administration ever lied, and which was in no way anybody’s fault, and could not have been prevented.

Got that, sugar? Great, now write it up like I told you. The 20 is on the pillow.

morganfrost on May 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Jay Carney: Hey, Benghazi happened a long time ago

So did Water Gate. Redford, Bernstein and Woodward just did an anniversary special on it.

hawkdriver on May 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

…arming Mexican Drug Cartels with thousands of guns and grenades which they have used to kill more than 300 people (and counting), Atty General Holder committing 3 Felony Counts of Perjury before Congress over the matter, were all a long time ago — Forget about it already!

…our calling a terrorist attack by a self-professed ‘soldier of Allah’ who threatened to behead his fellow officers if they refused to convert to Islam & who yelled ‘Allah Ackbar’ as he gunned down his fellow soldiers a case of ‘workplace violence’ was a long time ago — Forget about it!

…our aiding Al Qaeda-backed rebels take over Libya, our entrusting those same Al Qaeda-backed rebels with the protection of OUR Ambassador, our ignoring 2 terrorist attacks against the Ambassador by those same Al Qaeda-backed rebels, and our denying the Ambassador additional security after each one – even when he warned us if there was a 3rd he would die, happened a long time ago — Forget about it!

…our ordering the response team 3 1/2 hours away prepping to go to the rescuse of the Ambassador & Americans under fire for 12 hours to ‘Stand Down’, our relieving of command the AFRICOM Commander for deciding he would ignore that order and send them anyway, our BETRAYAL and ABANDONING Americans / American soldiers fighting for their lives for 12 hours while anticipating the help they thought would come but never did happened a long time ago — Forget about it!

…our lack of transparency – LYING, deceipt, cover-up, making excuses for/protecting the Islamic Extremists who carried out the attack rather than making them pay for it like we promised, & even threatening the VICTIMS of the attack happened a long time ago — Forget about it!

So what if your President and this administration abandons and betrays our military & Americans…so what if he is an Islamic Extremist sympathizer who is worried more about negative American reaction to THEM, their feelings, & covering their & his own buttocks than he values the lives of the American people?! What does it matter that there never should have been a THIRD attack in Benghazi because we sould have either given Stevens the additional protection he was BEGGING FOR after the 1st 2 attacks – that happened a long time ago — Forget about it! What does it matter WHO attacked the Benghazi compund THREE TIMES, kept attacking it until they killed Stevens & 3 other Americans…on the anniversary of 9/11?!

We can’t worry about that now because Obama has his 4th vacation in 5 months to plan/go on….before hitting a few more campaign stops.

easyt65 on May 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Yawn. If Benghazi mattered it would have been a campaign issue. Move along.

rubberneck on May 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

…Bill Ayers perpetrating terrorist bombings in the United States, killing 1st reponders & other Americans (just as the Boston terrorists did – NO DIFFERENCE, ‘agendas’/'reasons’ make no difference), happened a long time ago….Forget about it!

easyt65 on May 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Yawn. If Benghazi mattered it would have been a campaign issue. Move along.

rubberneck on May 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

1) The President of the United States helping Islamic Extremists / terrorists SET UP FOR DEATH an American Amb & 3 other Americans, BETRAYONG them by ordering help NOT to respond, refusing to provide more security after 2 previous attacks, allowing the same people who were supposed to be protecting them to continue to do so after they failed to protect them from the 1st 2 attacks…and all you can do is ‘yawn’ & tell people to move on?! Whatever you call yourself, it surely isn’t ‘AMERICAN’. You must be an Obama-zombie…speaking of which…

2) Obama did everything he could to keep silent the truth about Benghazi until after the election…and the ‘Obama-zombies’ continued to march on, believing every lie that came out of the man’s mouth!

3) WHY does Benghazi matter? Because it demonstrates his willingness to BETRAY Americans, to sacrifice them to his beloved Islamic Extremist Brethren – just the way he did in Boston….or his complete & utter ineptness & incapability to protect American lives. We now know that not only the Russians but also the Saudis warned about the Boston Bombers – Obama/his administration KNEW who they were…yet he allowed them to perpetrate this bombing, to kill Americans, & then ACTED like we had no warning & no clue who they were by posting their pictures on TV & asking if WE knew who they were! Doing so, especially now that we know Obama knew who they were after the Russians/Saudis informed him, makes the US look like a bunch of bafoons…or Obama like he / his administration was complicit.
– Again, after the Russians & Saudis warned us MONTHS ago, either Obama is complicit Islamic Extremist Sympathizer or he is an incompetent idiot who is incapable of fulfilling the office of the President! (This is what you get when you elect a Community Organizer as President…)

easyt65 on May 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

easyt65 on May 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Alex Jones posts here?

rubberneck on May 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

The trolls are active, so we must have touched a nerve.

Benghazi was a long time ago? What difference does it make? Carney and Clinton are trying hard to trivialize an event that shows the administration’s true colors.

“There is no such thing as a bad Moslem” is this administration’s creed. The corollary is “there is no such thing as a righteous American military action.”* If you send in troops you are only going to give the followers of the religion of peace a taste of American corruption and oppression.

Don’t let the FBI do a full interview of Tsarnaev about other partners in the bombings, Why? Because it might give the American public a distorted view of Islam and terrorism.

*Unless it is an action Panetta maneuvered Obama into taking and it came off successfully to Obama’s political gain. See Abottabad.

Limpet6 on May 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yawn. If Benghazi mattered it would have been a campaign issue. Move along.

rubberneck on May 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It matters to the families and to those that were injured. It matters to the American people, to whom the administration lied. And, it matters to President Obama and the country’s credibility, even if you and he don’t realise it…

‘What’s true is that the intelligence was coming in and evolving as more information came up. And what is true. This is something that the American people can take to the bank—is that my administration plays this stuff straight. We don’t play politics when it comes to American national security. As information came in we gave it to the American people. And as we got new information, we gave that to the American people.

But I think our goal would be to bring them to justice. I was not personally aware of any request. Obviously we have an infrastructure that’s set up to manage requests like that. But we’re going to find out exactly what happened. Ultimately, though, any time there is a death of an American overseas, I want to find out what happened, because my most important job as president is keeping the American people safe. And we will get to the bottom of what happened, and we’re going to make sure most importantly that those who carried it out, that they are captured.

What my attitude on this is is if we find out there was a big breakdown and somebody didn’t do their job, they’ll be held accountable. Ultimately as Commander-in-Chief I am responsible and I don’t shy away from that responsibility.

My biggest priority right now is bringing those folks to justice. I am absolutely prepared to kill those behind the assault, but would prefer to capture them and bring them to justice. And I think the American people have seen that’s a commitment I always keep.’

– President Obama, 26 October 2012

Or not.

Perhaps, Benghazi was just another one of President Obama’s ‘red lines.’

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

hawkdriver on May 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM

The Watergate burglary, which Nixon had NO knowledge of beforehand occurred on:

17 June 1972

7 months, 22 days – or 237 days – the Senate, led by Democrats, voted to establish a select committee to investigate Watergate.

It’s been 7 months, 21 days – or 234 days – since our consulate was attacked in Benghazi and the first American Ambassador in 33 years to be assassinated, along with 3 other Americans.

7 months, 22 days + No Bodies + REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT = Select Committee

7 months, 21 days – or 234 days + First assassinated Ambassador in 33 years, 2 dead Ret SEALs, 1 State Dept official and scores of injured + DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENT = ‘Move Along…It Was A Long Time Ago’

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Well laid out comparison.

The irony is amazing, no?

hawkdriver on May 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Resist We Much on May 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Maybe a comparison of the Redford documentary and obama’s amnesia on Benghazi would make a nice article on someone’s blog?

hawkdriver on May 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM

rubberneck,

INCOMPETENCE:
Why did Obama/Hillary entrust the protection of OUR Ambassador in Benghazi to Al Qaeda-backed rebels almost 2 hours away?

Why did Obama/Hillary deny Amb Stevens’ request for additional security after 2 previous terorist attacks?

Why did Obama/Hillary instead CONTINUE to entrust the protection of OUR Ambassador in Benghazi to Al Qaeda-backed rebels almost 2 hours away who proved they could not do so during the 1st 2 terrorist attacks

Why did Obama/Hillary ignore Amb Stevens warnings that Al Qaeda flags were being flown over govt buildings in Benghazi, that 10 new terrorist training camps had been started up, & that if he did not have additional security & a 3rd attack was launched he would die?

Why did Obama BETRAY Americans under fire (for 12 hours) by giving the order for the SpecOps team 3 1/2 hrs away to ‘Stand Down’, why did he relieve of command AFRICOM Commander Ham who voiced his intent to ignore that order & send the team anyway?

Why did the Obama administration – Obama Hillary/Rice – continue to lie for weeks about not knowing this was a terrorist attack when they 1) knew the 1st 2 attacks Had been & 2) the CIA reported they sent cables to both the WH War Room & State Dept minutes after the attack began to inform them this was a large terrorist attack of more than 100 terrorist aremed with AK-47s, grenade launcher, & morters?

Why did Obama say in his press conference this week that that day was the 1st he had heard of the victims/survivors of Benghazi were being threatened by his administration to keep their silence when the person who put three of those letters informing him of it months ago came forward to release that information?

———–

rubberneck,

Why did Obama say he/we don’t know anything about the Russians warning us of the 2 Boston Bombers when there is so muchevidence to the contrary ‘out there’ now? (Gotta love the technology age)

Why did Obama say he/we don’t know anything about the Saudis warning us of these 2?

Why did they put their picture out on TV & ask US who they were when they already KNEW?

Who was the Saudi student theypicked up & quickly/quietly intended to deport? Did the Saudi Rep who showed up for an unscheduled visit with Obama immediately after the Student was arrested have something to do with the Saudi Student & the quick/quiet deportation?

Who was this ‘Saudi Student’ who reportedly visited the W.H. numerous times over the last few years?

How did a ‘Saudi Sutdent’ merit a visit in the hospital from the 1st Lady Michelle Obama? Why did she deny she had visited him until pictures of her in his room come out? Why hasn’t she answered any of these questions herself since then? Did she visit any of the ‘other’ Boston bombing victims in their hospital rooms? If not, why not – why only THS guy?

If you want to get down to the truth, as Congress does regarding Benghazi…and now Boston…you ask questions. I am just asking the obvious questions regarding these events. Considering the events, they are BASIC, common sense questions…. they aren’t ‘far-reaching ridiculous ‘conspiracy theorist questions. They are BASIC questions!

You can imply anything you want. Declaring these to be ridiculous & refusing to answer them because YOU deem them to be so is just another ploy of those having something to hide to avoid the questions.

I would just love for Obama to answer 2:

Why did Obama/Hillary deny Amb Stevens’ request for additional security after 2 previous terorist attacks…the 2nd one leaving a 4 foot hole in the compound wall?

Why would Obama deny Ambassador Stevens’ request for additional security when he informed Obama/Hillary that if a 3rd attack was perpetrated and he did not have that additional security HE WOULD DIE?

easyt65 on May 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Fully half of this thread is troll-related.

Mods, you let this continue unabated – why?

Midas on May 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

RATINGS . . . . . . . . (blog “sweeps” are 24/7/365)

listens2glenn on May 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Yawn. If Benghazi mattered it would have been a campaign issue. Move along.

rubberneck on May 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Campaign issues are based on what individual citizens feel in their own surroundings, and what they get from the “dominant journalist culture”.

The White House lied, and stalled in producing documentation.

Now that the election “hurdle” has been passed, documentation will be leaking it’s way out.

listens2glenn on May 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Benghazi was a failure at State, but a very small scale one. Iraq was x1000 times the failure in lives and treasure lost.

No one cares about Benghazi in the context of American ventures in that part of the world over the past decade.

Why doesn’t anyone on the right demand investigations that explore the failed war strategy in Iraq that’s ultimately descending into another era of chaos where terrorists thrive? Thousands of lives and trillions of dollars lost is suddenly less important than the death of a few Americans in Libya?

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Hey, I see the talking points memo is out now.

Parabellum on May 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Has anyone posted this latest information?

onlineanalyst on May 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Well sh*t, that whole Al Qaeda/World Trade Center thing happened almost twelve whole years ago. Might as well forget about that completely! (I wonder if Carney and Obama will remain so temporally constrained when it comes to blaming their ongoing failures on the long-lost days of the Bush administration?)

Blacklake on May 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Heard from everyone except the Sec of State. The manner this administration lies is astounding.

StevC on May 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When first questioned the liars issue the “Too early to tell..Don’t rush to judgement.. Wait till all the facts are in….We are investigating ourselves, we will get back to you….Stall, Dillydally, Do nothing, Stall, Lie, Deceive, Delay, …..Then…..”Too late! That’s old news! Move on! Nothing there to see!” I for one am sick of the liars! If Congress is going to do anything, then appoint a special committee or prosecutor, get the bastards under oath and then jail them! Otherwise STFU! Criminals aren’t allowed to investigate and prosecute themselves in the real world!! Why should politicians be any different?

Marco on May 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Yawn. If Benghazi mattered it would have been a campaign issue. Move along.

rubberdick on May 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Yawn, and yet another braindead liberal phucktard yawns at the death of a US ambassador. Wow, you libs are sick and worthless pukes.

HumpBot Salvation on May 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

If your a little turd like Carney it is hard to hide the stink.

Keep it simple.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM

bayam on May 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Hey, I see the talking points memo is out now.

Parabellum on May 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM

That is possibly the most elaborate spelling of “BOOOSH!!!” on HA to date.

rogerb on May 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v… Remember? Both AWOL!

Marco on May 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

you prob went to a lesser school…perhaps cornell, since you called it an ivy. had it been harvard or yale, you would’ve said as much.

nonpartisan on May 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Ahem.

Perhaps it is a “lesser school.” But, Cornell is the coolest among the Ivies. Ithaca is gorges.

Don’t forget about our Little Ivies. That is all.

Capitalist Hog on May 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM