NBA center Jason Collins becomes first openly gay active player in major U.S. sport

posted at 2:01 pm on April 29, 2013 by Allahpundit

Two weeks ago we were writing about a terrorist attack, today we’re writing about gay basketball players. A blogger’s life for me, my friends.

Easy prediction: 75 percent of the public will be casually supportive or casually disapproving but either way almost entirely indifferent. Fifteen percent, including lots of pols, celebrities, and the media, will support him enthusiastically. The other 10 percent will hassle him on the court or from the stands either because they dislike gays or just to spite the 15 percent of “opinion leaders” on the other side. Collins will get a standing O at his first home game next year — if he ends up being signed — and some fans on the road will get nasty with him when he fouls someone too roughly. He’ll do a few ads. Then, after a few months, with rare exceptions, everyone will get bored with it.

By its nature, my double life has kept me from getting close to any of my teammates. Early in my career I worked hard at acting straight, but as I got more comfortable in my straight mask it required less effort. In recent days, though, little has separated “mask on, mask off.” Personally, I don’t like to dwell in someone else’s private life, and I hope players and coaches show me the same respect. When I’m with my team I’m all about working hard and winning games. A good teammate supports you no matter what.

I’ve been asked how other players will respond to my announcement. The simple answer is, I have no idea. I’m a pragmatist. I hope for the best, but plan for the worst. The biggest concern seems to be that gay players will behave unprofessionally in the locker room. Believe me, I’ve taken plenty of showers in 12 seasons. My behavior wasn’t an issue before, and it won’t be one now. My conduct won’t change. I still abide by the adage, “What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.” I’m still a model of discretion…

Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start. It all comes down to education. I’ll sit down with any player who’s uneasy about my coming out. Being gay is not a choice. This is the tough road and at times the lonely road. Former players like Tim Hardaway, who said “I hate gay people” (and then became a supporter of gay rights), fuel homophobia. Tim is an adult. He’s entitled to his opinion. God bless America. Still, if I’m up against an intolerant player, I’ll set a pretty hard pick on him. And then move on.

The most you can do is stand up for what you believe in. I’m much happier since coming out to my friends and family. Being genuine and honest makes me happy.

Collins technically isn’t the first active player from a big-four sport to be openly gay, he’s the first active player to go public with it. (Glenn Burke, an outfielder for the Dodgers and A’s in the 70s, was out to his teammates and coaches but didn’t announce it publicly until after he retired.) Early reaction is what you’d expect:

The White House:

“Here at the White House we view this as another example of the progress we’ve made and the evolution that has taken place,” press secretary Jay Carney said when asked if President Obama had a statement on Collins. Carney said he had not talked to the president directly about Collins.

And the Big Dog:

Former President Bill Clinton on Monday congratulated NBA center Jason Collins for becoming the first openly gay male American professional athlete.

“I have known Jason Collins since he was Chelsea’s classmate and friend at Stanford. Jason’s announcement today is an important moment for professional sports and in the history of the LGBT community,” Clinton said in a statement.

It’s early yet, though. Someone in some league somewhere inevitably will say something disapproving, whereupon he’ll be shredded in the press until he formulaically apologizes.

By the way: None of this is a surprise, and Collins almost certainly isn’t the the only active big-four athlete who’ll be out by the end of summer. NFL player Brendon Ayanbadejo told the Baltimore Sun on April 5 that “up to four players” were discussing whether to come out on the same day, to take the heat off of each of them individually. There’s been endless whispering in the media over the last month about MLB, the NFL, the NBA, and the NHL preparing for this sort of thing. Advertisers have been preparing too, with Nike practically dangling cash in front of gay athletes to get them to speak up:

Nike asked Welts to deliver a message to anyone thinking about becoming the first openly gay athlete in major U.S. team sports — the company wants him as an endorser.

“They made it clear to me Nike would embrace it,” Welts, 60, now president of the National Basketball Association’s Golden State Warriors, said in a telephone interview. “The player who does it, they’re going to be amazed at the additional opportunities that are put on the table, not the ones that are taken off.”…

“We’ve passed the tipping point to where national advertisers are no longer afraid of the gay market,” said Mark Elderkin, chief executive officer of the Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based Gay Ad Network.

That calculus would be complicated for a superstar, especially in a sport like football, but not for an average aging player like Collins. So this is really just phase one: Now there’s a man on the court whom everyone knows is gay, but who doesn’t draw much attention otherwise. Phase two will be when an all-star, who carries his team, comes out. How much more pressure will he deal with from teammates and fans?

Exit question from DrewM: If people want to boo someone for their personal lives, why not boo these guys?

Update: That was fast. Dolphins WR Mike Wallace apparently tweeted “All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH…” That tweet’s now gone, per TMZ, replaced by this:

Update: Like I said, the other leagues are preparing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

verbaluce on April 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I don’t understand your comment. Or your question.

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

verbaluce on April 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I don’t understand your comment. Or your question.

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Z’OMG! And he’s BLACK, too! Media orgasm complete.

SouthernGent on April 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

34 year old NBA player at the end of his career, who is now a free agent?

Not exactly brave.

How does his sexual preference affect his rebounding & free throw percentage?

portlandon on April 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Pretty much.

Washed up player with nothing left in the tank needs some PR to get signed.

tetriskid on April 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

portlandon on April 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Pretty much.

Washed up player with nothing left in the tank needs some PR to get signed.

tetriskid on April 29, 2013 at 6:10 PM

That’s the crux of the story.

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Dude, he’s like Jackie Robinson!

I’m just glad I became bored with basketball years ago. Now I don’t have to watch games and listen to twits go on and on about things that have nothing to do with basketball with Collins now celebrating his sexual orientation.

“He’s so brave because he likes sausage!”

NotCoach on April 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

the LGBTQQIAAP community.

RWM, I’m pretty sure there is an -M-O-U-S-E at the end of that, somewhere.

socalcon on April 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I like tuna on rye!

Kjeil on April 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

the LGBTQQIAAP community.

RWM, I’m pretty sure there is a -M-O-U-S-E G-E-R-B-I-L at the end of that, somewhere.

socalcon on April 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM

FIFY. :-)

Resist We Much on April 29, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Doubt he’ll catch much grief. He’d surely catch more if he admitted he’s a Republican.

Erich66 on April 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Erich66 on April 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Let’s see how brave he is. Tell the world he is a GOPer or….errr… g-d forbid pro-Life.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

CW on April 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Tim Tebow.

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I think it is funny that they wonder how NBA players will act….they know how the PC police are…and how they’ll be beaten into submission…look at Wallace and his comment. Quit acting like this is some brave act.

Heck we already have a gay black President. :)

CW on April 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM

So that is why the locker room smells like prison sex…

Seven Percent Solution on April 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Oh and to watch the media fluffing this…I mean covering it…truly a spectacle.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Where are those four gay NFL players?

CW on April 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM

O/T

Breaking: FEMALE DNA Found On Boston Bomb Components

‘Mommmmmmmaaaaaaaa!’ or ‘Honey, I think you left some DNA on that bomb!’????

Resist We Much on April 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

One word.

WNBA

Lily on April 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM

You’re behind times the LPGA.

RickB on April 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM

GAYS GUNS AMNESTY!!

So he’s gay. Big deal?

Can be play BBall?

PappyD61 on April 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM

It takes incredible strength to come out while being a millionaire athlete with a great life.

Hoooooray Gay!

@AsalamaTweetum

Opinionnation on April 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM

was the sarcasm too subtle?

Opinionnation on April 29, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Including our limp-wristed Community-Organizer-in-Chief who, I hear, called him personally to offer his commendation.

petefrt on April 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Betting pool on the first player to sue for sexual harassment?

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Hoooooray Gay!

@AsalamaTweetum

Opinionnation on April 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Yeah, I shoulda waited till I was a millionaire. /hindsight

Jeddite on April 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Betting pool on the first player to sue for Hostile Work Environment?

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Betting pool on the first player to sue for sexual harassment?

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I’m in!

Redford on April 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

He’ll do a few ads.

For what – K-Y Jelly..?

affenhauer on April 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

…Did somebody put this idea in your head as a young boy? Did you read something? Were stories told to you?

You might want to reexamine the reason for this belief, and the reason why you tolerate such a belief considering what it entails.

keep the change on April 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM

That’s hilarious considering how quickly you ran away from yesterday’s thread on gun control after your religious beliefs were challenged.

rogerb on April 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I lost all respect for the gay rights movement as soon as they started referring to themselves as LGBT.

There may be some people who are born bi-sexual, but if there’s anywhere near as many of them as there are gay people, they’d demand their own separate movement, as they would have less in common with both gays and straights than gays and straights have in common with each other, in terms of the various dilemmas they face.

The vast majority of people who engage in bisexuality are heterosexuals engaging in deviant sexual behavior, most likely due to the fact that they were either sexually molested as children or lured into a bisexual experience at an impressionable age via peer pressure by deviant friends.

As far as the transgender crowd, these people are just plain freaks mutilating themselves. I don’t care if you’re the most flaming queen who ever lived, if you’re born a man, you’re still a man and you’ll never be anything else but a man. You can cut off your penis and grow breasts, but you’ll still have man hands, man shoulders, and man biceps.

I have nothing against gay people and believe that they are born that way. It’s a birth defect, nothing more nothing less. But the gay rights crowd can go to hell. They’re nothing but a bunch of anti-American Leftists trying to further undermine the Judeo-Christian values that serve as the foundation of the principles that this country was founded on.

They don’t give a crap about gay people. If feeding gay people into a wood chipper would bring about the destruction of Western Capitalism, they’d support that.

ardenenoch on April 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM

GAYS GUNS AMNESTY!!

So he’s gay. Big deal?

Can be play BBall?

PappyD61 on April 29, 2013 at 6:50 PM

No. He can’t.

Spliff Menendez on April 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Betting pool on the first player to sue for sexual harassment?

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I’m in!

Redford on April 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Too bad Tim Tebow is in football, he’d probably have the balls to do it.

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Cue 300 posts all claiming to “not care.”

libfreeordie on April 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hey cupcake – why don’t you tell me again how I’m wrong this a pressure tactic by his agent to get a job?

Funny isn’t it, how I said in the headline page it the first team to get pressured to sign him would be the Warriors – and who did the press go running to?

Now is it because the co-owner is gay?

Or because, from out of nowhere, people have started making a big deal out of Mark Jackson being a devout Christian?

Huh.

Almost would lead one to believe that Cali progs are hoping Jackson steps in it, so he has to resign and then they can demand he’s replaced with someone more “diverse”.

Like a female coach.

Nah. That’s couldn’t be a motivator Near the Ghey Bay, could it?

budfox on April 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Hostile Work Environment on the court.

The next time Jason Collins tries to push back on a player for position or push against a player for defense.

LoganSix on April 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I can’t believe all this hoopla over someone’s sexual preference.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

He should have a sex change. Years added to carear (sic)

rik on April 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM

AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??!!

teacherman on April 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I can’t believe all this hoopla over someone’s sexual preference.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

You’re so quaint..

rik on April 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

So, what some you are saying is … his stats are pretty gay, too?

M240H on April 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM

He is a player at the end of his career looking for attention.

tomas on April 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Collins isn’t looking for attention.

He’s looking for a contract.

The guy is a glorified journeyman.

His twin brother is a “free agent”, i.e – forced retirement.

He knows the Association cannot not pick him up for next season, lest the GheyMerica throws a tantrum boycott.

So between ESPN and Nike, someone is going to have to sign him.

…and since he wants to go back to Cali, the pressure is on the Warriors.

But, I have a feeling Miami will get in on the mix, because they will see this as a marketing bonanza.

The dude has been a mediocre bust his entire career. It’s embarrassing people think he’s an “active player”.

Let Russell Westbrook come bursting out of the closet. Then that’s real news.

budfox on April 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

But I’m sure you would never consider pointing out the flaws of that lifestyle to your beloved doctor would you?

Nutstuyu on April 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I’d be concerned if my doc was doing the old prostate exam and I noticed he had both hands on my shoulders….

dentarthurdent on April 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Why, are you bigoted towards three-handed mutants?

Nutstuyu on April 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM

libfreeordie on April 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM

He just defined himself by who he has sex with. I thought homosexuals wanted people “out of their bedrooms,” so why are they so focused on defining themselves by what goes on in them? Because they wanna be NORMAL so badly, but they know they NEVER will be?

JannyMae on April 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I can’t believe all this hoopla over someone’s sexual preference.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

You’re so quaint..

rik on April 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

And you’re so imbecilic. Cindy is voicing what a lot of us feel. He’s gay–so what? What the flaming shashilik does that have to do with how well or how badly he plays basketball? Why do I need to know? I never felt like I needed to know how many females Will Chamberlin messed with.

No, this is all done for a variety of reasons: the biggest of which is to advance the cause of SSM. The idea is to normalize homosexual behavior so there can be no objection to allowing that which is abnormal–the “marrying” of like to like–to become accepted and therefore become the law of the land.

Other than that, I have no desire or need to know what choices Mr. Collins makes in his bedroom.

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

rik on April 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

No, I am old and female and, if you will excuse my crudeness, only one head to think with. Sorry about that, I wish I could have thought of a more elegant turn of phrase.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

And in other news, Edgar and Johnny Winter have both come out as albinos, and Rudy Giuliani has admitted to having a lisp (Monty Python hand clapping).

ardenenoch on April 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

And for this he gets a call from both POTUS and FLOTUS? I wonder if the guy in the cowboy hat in Boston got a call. Or any of the first responders for that matter.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Just read Mr. Collins’ pro stats. How can a gay guy be such a lousy ball-handler?!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Comment of the day!

Schadenfreude on April 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM

If my prize is something gay, make it ‘Cafe Curtains’

One word.

WNBA

Lily on April 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM

HAHAHA—heyyyyy!

Just pee’d myself laughing.

katy the mean old lady on April 29, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Thanks! I made myself go stand in the corner after that one.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

budfox on April 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM

This is probably all a scheme by Collin’s agent.

But any GM who looks at him would be dumb. Not worth the potential marketing gain for a washed up player.

In the NBA winning and scoring matters. Not if you are gay.

tetriskid on April 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

So sorry for that comment to all the lovely gentlemen of HotAir. Totally sexist, I blame lorien 1973 and his willingness to hit almost anything that moves.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

They aren’t as important to President Baby Killer’s legacy as the supreme achievement of having SSM passed during his tenure.

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I’m hoping for an entire gay basketball league. That would be fun to watch.

VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

And to think that five short years ago, it was above his pay grade. I guess he got a hefty raise by being president.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I’m hoping for an entire gay basketball league. That would be fun to watch.

VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Haven’t you been paying attention. We have one of those. It’s called the WNBA.

Happy Nomad on April 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM

tetriskid on April 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I totally agree it’s a scheme by his agent.

Someone will have to take him on board. You know if he doesn’t get picked up make a roster, LGB Inc will be out in full regalia.

Nike will demand it.

budfox on April 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM

verbaluce on April 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I don’t understand your comment. Or your question.
hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM
hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Really?
That was pretty direct.
But ok.
We can be done.

verbaluce on April 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’m hoping for an entire gay basketball league. That would be fun to watch.

VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Imagine the fabulous uniforms, and the tastefully appointed locker rooms.

slickwillie2001 on April 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

theotherone on April 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Do you understand sarcasm ?? I’m quite sure that the Lady can defend herself . However I think she took it as meant. Why don’t you untwist that pair of undies and save them for another day.

rik on April 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

This is good news. It’s unfortunate that it took so long, considering how many gay players there are to be expected in the major sports.

I wish for the best for Collins.

The cynic in me thinks this is partially a way for a guy who has probably peaked to stay in the sport for a little bit longer, but if so, he’s earned it.

Mister Mets on April 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Haven’t you been paying attention. We have one of those. It’s called the WNBA.

Happy Nomad on April 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM

OH!!!

BigWyo on April 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Imagine the fabulous uniforms, and the tastefully appointed locker rooms.

slickwillie2001 on April 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM

The names of the teams would be great too!

The Calgary Flamers!
The Miami Meat!
The Detroit Loins!
It would be great

VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I could not be more indifferent to who sleeps with who, regarding anyone paid money to play professional sports.

WHO CARES????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on April 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Give them everything they want…

I’m a Ginger…I’m going to get in on this $hit..hell with it..

Kiss My A##…PAY ME!!!

I’ve been made fun of!!!

BigWyo on April 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

he’s earned it.

Mister Mets on April 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Puh-leez. Today if you’re gay the MSM , Hollywood, Public Schools, Democrats, Many of our state and local governments will roll out the red carpet for you. What a joke…again if he came out against abortion then I’d believe he was some sort of hero.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Mister Mets on April 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You haven’t been paying attention have you?

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Already more MSM coverage in one day than seven weeks of the Gosnell trial.

Truly sad.

socalcon on April 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Perhaps ten years ago this would maybe be about half a big deal.

When even the Leader of the Free World is all kinky about gayness, who really gives a flying fedora?

marybel on April 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Mister Mets on April 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Earned what? An atta boy because he sleeps with the same sex..

/facepalm..

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Earned what? An atta boy because he sleeps with the same sex..

/facepalm..

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

And we know how discerning men are in general.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Cue 300 posts all claiming to “not care.”

libfreeordie on April 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I have no idea who he is. Close enough?

Ronnie on April 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Self knowledge is clearly not your strong suit.

lostmotherland on April 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

And we know how discerning men are in general.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Yeah I always thought that being a gay man is a cop out because most wouldn’t have to work very hard to get sex. I mean it is usually the woman that says no. Let’s face it, men don’t turn down free sex, so when they have sex with other horn* men; that just seems like cheating to me.

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Really looking forward to the day when some guy says he likes to do it with another guy and it isn’t the main story on CNN.

deimos on April 29, 2013 at 9:20 PM

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Oh brother.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Can’t wait till the rest of the Celtics publicly reveal their sexual preferences!

Kevin Garnett – doggystyle
Doc Rivers – Twins!
Rajon Rondo – plain ol’ missionary
Jamar Smith – It’s a surprise… He’ll regale us with the sordid details in a press conference scheduled for next week.

This is so relevant to the game and they should all be given medals for their courage of coming forward!

PaddyORyan on April 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Oh brother.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

What? The fact that men are horndogs or the fact that men sleeping with men would probably have an easier time getting sex?

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Calgary Flamers? Has my wife laughing so hard she’s afraid she going to have those tears running down her leg

Strike Twice on April 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Oh brother.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Oh bugger.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:27 PM

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

That’s an interesting “take”. I’ll have to ponder it a bit, to see if I can agree with.

listens2glenn on April 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Oh Boner

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM

i was just poking you at the cheating part. This hetero male wouldn’t mind if more women were horndogs. (; Come on ladies!

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Hey I was saying it tongue in cheek. That they were cheating in the game to get sex. Men are just easier than women. :)

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Come on ladies!

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM

That’s what we need…more whores like yourself.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Yes, we sure are.

That’s what we need…more whores like yourself.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

More? HaHa. Men are dogs. Fact.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I was faithful to my wife. When she died, I grieved for a long time and did not play around.
Now? Sure, I like a good time when presented.
What man doesn’t?

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, all us dudesmoochers are like “WELP, TIME TO NAVIGATE THE OLE INTERNET EXPLODER TO CRAIGSLIST AND FIND TONIGHT’S F***”. EZPZ

Jeddite on April 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Has Magic Johnson weighed in…?

Rational Thought on April 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM

The Calgary Flamers!
The Miami Meat!
The Detroit Loins!
It would be great
VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Can’t forget the Green Bay Packers! Oops – never mind…

affenhauer on April 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Men are dogs. Fact.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM

So you know what that makes women?

BTW where have you been? nonpartisan has picked up for you when it comes to being dim and simple.

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Exactly what I’ve been saying, but from Reuters.

So LibFreak and company who doubted what I said this is about, go do their usual and suck it.

Key paragraph

Given the significance of Monday’s events, the NBA is also likely to feel some heat to get Collins signed and into a training camp next season or face questions about the league’s attitudes towards gay athletes.

Ladies and Gents – the Ghey Mob in full bloom.

In LGBXYZ terms – He makes it, no matter how washed up he is, or we boycott.

budfox on April 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

A press release stating a person’s sexual preferences makes them a hero in this country now. We have lost our minds.

My reaction to this? So what? After years of speculation, Elton John was asked in an interview if he was gay and he acknowledged he was. When asked why he didn’t say so before, he responded “Because I wasn’t asked”. I think that serves as a good example of how to treat the subject.

Reggie1971 on April 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Really?
That was pretty direct.
But ok.
We can be done.

verbaluce on April 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I didn’t think it was possible but that made even less sense.

We can be done, what?

You asked a question about my personal views as to Jason Collin’s morality when I made no comment in that regard to begin with. That and your confusing sentence with the improperly used ellipsis made the response to my comment almost utterly unintelligible.

Would you like to ask a question about something I “have” stated? I know your schtick is passive-aggressive ass-kissing and back-handed compliments, but I’m willing to answer reasonable questions if you drop the sarcastic banter and sophomoric attitude.

hawkdriver on April 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Can’t forget the Green Bay Packers! Oops – never mind…

affenhauer on April 29, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Fudge Packers! Tom Cruise on Southpark was a fudge packer!

Washington Foreskins!
San Francisco 69ers!
Houston Sexans!

VegasRick on April 29, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Think of the fawning media and usual suspects adoration Zero will get when he comes out…

Rational Thought on April 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Jeddite on April 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Well if you want to…

melle1228 on April 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Men are dogs. Fact.

BedBug on April 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM
So you know what that makes women?

CW on April 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Bitches? A females dog? I sense you do not have a sense of humor.
Hey man, thanks for the compliments. Where have I been? Why, you missed me?

bazil9 on April 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM