Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on April 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

The [Gang of Eight] bill would … exempt wide swaths of people currently counted against immigration caps from any limits: The spouses and children of legal permanent residents would be allowed to come to the country on an unlimited basis, for example.

Thus, some combination of, perhaps, 7 million DREAMers, agricultural workers, and the newly legalized family members of current US citizens will be able to petition for their family members, further swelling legal immigration by an indeterminate amount.

And beginning five years after the bill is enacted, the Senate measure would create a new “merit based” immigration category with 125,000 initial visas (a figure that could rise to as many as 250,000 over time) that includes a path to a green card and citizenship, adding more than half a million potential new permanent US residents before the decade is out…

When immigration skeptics like Sessions and Roy Beck, the head of Numbers USA, add up the figures, they see a 50 percent increase in US immigration on an annual basis and as many as 20 million more new green cards within the next dozen years than would otherwise be authorized – and perhaps as many as 30 million more, according to a Republican aide.

***

[T]he road to permanent resident status that Rubio said would take a decade will take only five years for currently illegal immigrants who have done some work in agriculture. How many are there? Pro-reform congressional sources suggest the number could be 700,000 on the low end and 1.1 million on the high end. Congressional sources skeptical of reform say the number would be higher. No one seems to know with any certainty.

Then there is the other fast track, for the Dreamers. The Gang of Eight bill creates a special category for immigrants who came to the United States illegally before age 16. That applies equally to illegal immigrants who today are, say, 19 years old, or those who are 49 years old, or older…

Like agricultural workers, it is not entirely clear how many currently illegal immigrants and family members would be involved in the Dream fast track, but the total number could be in the millions — a significant portion of the estimated 11 million immigrants in the country illegally today.

***

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., a veteran of the last immigration fight, seems best prepared to counter the Gang of Eight. Just 15 minutes before the group’s press conference to unveil its bill last week, Sessions and Sen. David Vitter, R-La., held one of their own, featuring several law-enforcement officials and the head of the union for Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to criticize the bill as amnesty over enforcement.

Sessions has also warned about the effect that legalization and more visas might have on employment opportunities and wages for American workers, which is an angle that one of the biggest advocacy groups calling for lower immigration levels will pursue as it tries to drum up public opposition to the bill.

Roy Beck, president of Numbers USA, said his group plans to concentrate its messaging on Alaska, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania, hoping that voters will help push the senators in those states to oppose the bill.

Our plan is that it does not get out of the Senate, and we still feel fairly confident of that. It’s a big battle,” he said.

***

My thought is, maybe we should consider admitting immigrants who can succeed in America, rather than deadbeats.

But we’re not allowed to “discriminate” in favor of immigrants who would be good for America. Instead of helping America, our immigration policies are designed to help other countries solve their internal problems by shipping their losers to us.

The problem isn’t just illegal immigration. I would rather have doctors and engineers sneaking into the country than legally arriving ditch-diggers.

Teddy Kennedy’s 1965 immigration act so dramatically altered the kinds of immigrants America admits that, since 1969, about 85 percent of legal immigrants have come from the Third World. They bring Third World levels of poverty, fertility, illegitimacy and domestic violence with them. When they can’t make it in America, they simply go on welfare and sometimes strike out at Americans.

***

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the following, both within my native first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa, as well as from my nationally-syndicated radio audience:

* “Rubio has gone establishment. He’s dead to me.”

* “Rubio is being played by the ruling class. He’s clearly not ready.”

* “My love affair with Rubio is over. I’ll never vote for him.”

* “Rubio is off my list for 2016.”…

[P]olitically he is allowing himself to be branded as another big government GOP sell-out, because he and his associates are struggling to make the case to conservatives it is what’s best for the country and not what’s best for the big government Democrats. The comments by Conant and the actions of some on his staff to scheme against the Heritage Foundation, maybe the most respected think tank in the entire conservative movement, only reinforces that skepticism. The amount of political capital Rubio has wasted already in this effort is incalculable. I hope he really believes in this legislation, because it might cost him the presidency.

***

“Immigration, broadly speaking, pits the elite versus the public as much as the Right against the Left,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, who spoke at a hearing on the Senate bill earlier this week. “It’s the church hierarchies versus the people in the pews, the union organizations as opposed to the union members, big business as opposed to small business. It’s no surprise that the Republicans supporting this thing are the ones with ties to the Chamber of Commerce, not ordinary voters.”…

“The only people in the room behind closed doors was congressional staff, big business, big labor, Silicon Valley, and a whole long line of special-interest groups,” said Rosemary Jenks, a spokeswoman for NumbersUSA, which favors more limits on immigration. “It’s very clear this bill wasn’t written to serve national interests but special interests, including the senators’ own special interests, with absolutely zero regard for unemployed American workers and taxpayers.”

***

“What eight people decide isn’t going to be the be-all, end-all for the House,” Goodlatte says. “It may be an indicator of where you can find some common ground, but the House, because it’s a Republican majority, will take a more conservative approach.”…

“I tell them that we’re going to break this all down into pieces that are more digestible,” he says. “We’re going to have a lot of hearings, and we’re going to turn this into separate bills. We’ll do an agricultural-workers bill, then an E-Verify bill, and then after the recess, we’ll maybe do some more. But it’s all a work in progress.”

A vague deadline, piecemeal legislation, and months of town-hall meetings, however, are what the proponents of comprehensive immigration reform fear most. There is growing concern by allies of the Gang of Eight that volatile summertime confrontations with constituents could make many House Republicans uneasy.

Goodlatte has little patience for such hand-wringing. As a former immigration attorney who has been in the House for two decades, he says doing things his way — a slow burn — is the only viable option.

***

I think it comes down to this. What kind of person do you want to be? Do you want to focus on the hopes and aspirations of the future, or dwell on fear and negativity? — to desperately clinging to the status quo? Do you believe that America has a bright dawn ahead, or that we must manage its decline?

Kemp was known for his cheery optimism. So was Reagan. In fact, conservatism didn’t really take off until Kemp and Reagan teamed up. And if you look at today’s most rhetorically inspiring conservatives, is it any wonder you find people like Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Paul Ryan — both champions of immigration reform?

The most vociferous opponents tend to be pundits and talk radio hosts, who don’t need to win a majority to be successful, and who have entirely different incentives.

I suspect this isn’t a coincidence.

***

Via RCP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Can we let this one slide?

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Tommy!

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I cannot think of many…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:11 AM

My guess is that after the book tour, the ‘cuda will be working on strengthening our congressional hand next year.

Of course, it’s excellent, as always, to see you.

wolfsDad on April 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM

It would be interesting to see if this would be the catalyst to form a new alliance within the conservative base… as you suggest… if the blacks began to realize exactly how they’ve been manipulated and abused by this administration… and the Hispanics who were born here or came here legally realized the impact that the sudden addition of 33 million formerly illegal aliens would have on the economy, both national and local, and the medical care system, and jobs, etc… a new coalition might be welded together.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Yes, there are a few, for which I am so happy about, the quotient tho isn’t good…for winning, the process is long and these days who can one trust to elect into a spot to be rid of the RINO’s and turncoats?

They lie so easily, like it is a second nature, lie and then backstab…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

For Scrumpy..

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

This was the last rodeo.

IF they think they can rely on forcing us to vote for a RINO, they’d better think twice.

Let It Burn.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I used to give Floating Rock and astonerii?, a hard time over refusing to vote for Mitt. I thought and still do that they were way wrong. Romney wasn’t ideal but could have give us breathing room.
If 2016 brings us Rubio, Bush3 vs whoever, then arnold says “shit, let the chips fall on me, cause we is done for anyway.”

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM

welcome home

for chrissy

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

wolfsDad on April 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Good to see you also wolf!

I place such hope in the ‘Cuda also, and I hope she can do as she has in the past…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

and HOW exactly will they prove that they have done some work in agriculture ?

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

They will have receipts from their Pigford payouts.

onlineanalyst on April 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I understand your frustration completely, I assure you, Scrumpy. However, we must keep fighting for the nation and what we know to be right. If we lay down and quit… this nation will be over.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Perhaps that is one area that we can pursue, I know the black families in my area are sorely disappointed with 0, yet, I come up against that wall, if he were up for election they would vote for him again to give him a 3rd try at making things better…

The media has done their job on them for sure…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I still think Jeb’s hopes will implode over Common Core. I think the word is spreading among parents who’ve been fighting CC that Jeb tied his wagon to it. The academic and financial horror will be well-known by the time primaries roll around.

INC on April 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I just don’t know if there will be enough people aware of it in time. Common Core is such a disaster and affects every facet of Education; even Home Schooling if I heard/read correctly. It’s a monster that’s for sure.

I know there is talk of Rubio running, and maybe there has been a switch on backing him. Hard to say. We’ll find out, sooner rather than later.

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM

*clink*..Sure Thing..:)

PS..That is an awesome Queen song..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:23 AM

They will have receipts from their Pigford payouts.

onlineanalyst on April 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Nice.

wolfsDad on April 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Ken and Fred!

Back in the saddle for sure Ken!

How did you know I have blue eyes Fred? :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We tried to summon you. Did you feel our vibrations?

SparkPlug on April 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Good evening,TXUS. :) That’s some heavenly choir. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM

My Mother, may she rest in peace, and George were cousins. Asked her once whether they were kissin’ cousins, and she demurred. But she and “Uncle George”, as I knew him, had hilarious stories about their growing up. He sang Amazing Grace at her funeral, a very touching moment.

TXUS on April 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Oh, I really did do that….

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:13 AM

We tease you because we care.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I agree with you, Arnold. I voted Romney for the same reasons you outlined and he would have been a far superior president than the one we currently endure.

Those who refused to vote for him simply because he wasn’t their ideal candidate allowed Obama’s reelection. Romney only lost by 2%.

However, as you say, that was the last time. It has to be, since the political class is banking on being able to force us to vote for any RINO they choose to run by ranting and raving about how bad the Democrat candidate is or would be. IF we allow them to have that power over us, we can forget ever getting a decent candidate again.

I’m rapidly reaching the opinion that we need a new party. IF we cannot revitalize and reorganize the GOP, who’ve largely sold out to maintain their own individual status as a member of the political class, it’s time to form a new, strong, viable party.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I’m doing ze laundry, the old-fashioned way. Want me to wash out the illegals? ;-)

tommy71 on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

A quitter I am not, just got so angry about things, and it was showing in my postings I needed to chill and rethink for a while…

I got it together again :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

TXUS on April 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM

That’s amazing, TXUS. Thanks for sharing such a personal memory with us. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM

SparkPlug on April 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

You bet I did! The Force was Strong!! :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Unintentional? Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Thrice is enemy action.

INC on April 27, 2013 at 12:02 AM

KJ posted this on his blog early this morning on last night’s QOTD.

Oh, it’s intentional for sure. I’m sure no other Religious Denomination was blocked:-)

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM

tommy71 on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Hi Tommy, yeah wash ‘em out lol

You bring the water I got the washboards! lol ;-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I knew you would, Scrumpy. If you read back up the thread, I said as much.

We, all of us, get angry like that from time to time, and if a break is what we need, we should take it, for our health’s sake if nothing else.

I’m just delighted that you’re back with us. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Amnesty granted with meaningless restrictions.
SSM mandated by SCOTUS.
Polygamous Muslims with lawyers.

Connect the dots.

AesopFan on April 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM

gh on April 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Outstanding..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM

HotAir seems to be happier when Chrissy is here!

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Someday My Day Will Come

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Fred, good good pick!

songs like that make me smile :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I got it together again :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

You never had it “apart”………….

The both of you make more sense than a roomful of Oppenheimer’s!

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Five..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Good evening, Fred! Great to see you. :) Excellent rendition, too. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Awwwwwwwwww, you are so sweet! {hugs}

(Cuz I know you like them) ;-D

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

As do you williamg, and thank you :-) {hugs}

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Excellent choice. Interesting that you chose that one, too. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

LOL! Oh, yeah! Rum and ginger, tall glass, lots of ice. *Clink* :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Hi Dire, it sure is!

Which means it’s *clink* time!! :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

In my humble Political Punditry opinion, the actual rollout of Obamacare is gonna leave a big effect on the midterms. Right now, its chaotic. The pubs better keep going on and on bout its evils. We can handily win the midterms that way.

tommy71 on April 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Awwwwwwwwww, you are so sweet! {hugs}

(Cuz I know you like them) ;-D

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Scrumpy hugs are the best!!

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I Think I Love You Too Much – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

tommy71 on April 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Heh! When the middle class finds out their premiums are going to go up 50-80% I think you’ll see some seriously disaffected FORMER Democrats.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hi Jackie
Now that Chrissy is back I have good news. Found a job and going back towards home. 6 hr. drive instead of 13.

all is good tonite.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM

If you chose already, pls. forgive. Not reading thread tonight, except from portal :)

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

THAT is what I am praying for!!

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I think this Gun Control & Immigration is going to wake a lot of people up that don’t get too excited about budgets, etc. Jobs/Gun Control/Immigration are what I’d call the big 3.

A new Party? I don’t know if at this time we could even hazard a guess. I’d say let’s see what happens with the big 3 and head into campaign mode for 2014. There will be trends and Candidates announcing.

Something to think about tho:-)

Just an aside..The Blacks will certainly be against any Mexican influx and special treatment. No love between those two races.

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

First, I’m delighted about your news, Fred! That’s wonderful, indeed! I knew you’d find something soon, you’re too good an employee to pass up. :)

Now… about this not saying anything until Scrumpy arrived…

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Fred! Oh that is the best news!! Congratulations!! ^5

I knew it would happen :-D

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

No… I didn’t… I just like the tune and thought that it was an interesting choice. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Congratulations Fred!!!

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM

The Theme Song Of The Political Class

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM

The Democrats don’t want this bill to pass if they’re trotting out Holder calling for amnesty.

Punchenko on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

They will have receipts from their Pigford payouts.

onlineanalyst on April 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Good one!!!!

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Here where I live we have a very diverse population and up to now, have not seen any black on mexican type violence, it is still black on black and on white…

Unfortunately we just had our 2nd murder in 4 days bringing homicides to 7 and it’s only April, does not bode well for my town…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Good evening..:):)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I certainly don’t think anyone would deny that George Jones knocked on that liquor bottle pretty hard… he was said to have pulled himself together several years ago. I hope so. It would be nice if he’d enjoyed some of his remaining years. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Stevie

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM

As do you williamg, and thank you :-) {hugs}

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Many more of those and I’ll be high for a week……wait, I used to do that all the time…..OH, that’s right…..that was 30 years ago….

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Probably not…

But alcohol kills when in used in excess…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:49 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

i was sad that she bugged out for awhile and was waiting for her return as a good omen

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

We should all hug! Even tho it’s just this {hugs}… it makes one feel good eh?! :-)

In spirit if not in reality…it is felt…

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Wow! You and me in the same week! So glad for you!!

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I’ll let it slide, Fred, because we all missed the Spritely One… and I really didn’t want to have to come up there and straighten you out for holding out on us anyway. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

One of these days, I’ll have to tell you about this meeting I used to go to in Dallas with Stevie Ray Vaughan……..but, I’ll wait until we’re face to face…….

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Fred, today I was listening to FWM!

Stevie has such a beautiful voice…

God blessed you, He is always there for us when we need Him!

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Those under the Immigration bill are exempt from Obamacare. Of course Rubio etal like to say they won’t be “eligible”, like it’s a benefit.

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Fade To Black – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Fred, I shall endeavour to never have you be sad again {Hugs} :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I think the RINOS/RNC etal are going to repeat the same thing as 2012 with Romney. We won’t vote for the Dem, so whoever they decide to run, we’ll vote for them.
bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Not going to happen! I’m done voting for the GOP, I’ll sit home and join the other conservatives who sat home this past election. It’s obvious they are going for the Latino vote and think they don’t need us. Well good luck with that. I am curious though-who are the libs going to blame when they are the only party left in power? Is that when they start attacking their own?

wolverinefan on April 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

That is great news..Very glad for you..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM

The moment that green card is in their hands they’ll all be eligible for Obamacare, the entitlement programs, and a number of the 83 means tested federal welfare programs.

Truth is, due to the 400 exclusions, exceptions, and carve outs in the bill, many will be eligible immediately.

The CBO has estimated the cost to the taxpayer of funding Obamacare for the additional 11 million they originally ‘estimated’ at $2 TRILLION over the next 10 years. The CBO is only allowed, by law, to make estimates ten years out..no more.

Numbers USA has released a statement pegging the number of people this bill would bring in… before any family reunification visas or sponsorships, etc…. at 33 MILLION.

Currently we accept 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year and about 700,000 work visas are granted. This bill increases that number to 3 million LEGAL immigrants per year and 1 million work visas.

The political class conveniently seems to have forgotten the 22 million American citizens and legal immigrants who are currently unemployed or acutely underemployed.

They’ve also forgotten that 1 in 5 Americans are now on food stamps.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

some more henley

Fred

ps hugs all round

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Well – let’s see….how did that work out last time? Oh – you LIKE Obama! Who exactly did you end up “punishing”?

It was YOURSELF!!!…..and THE REST OF US!!!

What a BONEHEAD move!!

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

The Old Home Brew

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I got it together again :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:26 AM

And I’m so glad you did :) I’ve missed your light-heartedness on QOTD. Your bantering back and forth especially with Sparky makes me laugh.

wolverinefan on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I’ll risk hugging you back, Fred. Because you’re Fred, and because I’m fairly certain that Mrs. Fred can’t find me. LOL! :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Job..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM

wolverinefan on April 27, 2013 at 12:56 AM

No, they will come after us even harder, our religious beliefs, our convictions and beliefs, worse than they are now…

We will be isolated and destroyed, not physically, but verbally.

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 1:02 AM

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

My experience is that they don’t mix or run together usually. Hope it stays that way as we don’t need more violence of any kind:-)

From surfing on various websites, it seems murders happen in every town. Drug related or people can’t control themselves, many different reasons.

bluefox on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Prohibition is a Failure

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

christine could sing too

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I am calling it a night. I am glad our Scrumpy is back, and I enjoyed hanging out wit the night shift (especially Jackie..) Good night HA! Hugs for Scrumpy!

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I think you misunderstood. I voted for Romney.

wolverinefan on April 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM

OH, and Fred…Get your a$$ to work! ;-)

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Good night Ken! I like your hugs!! :-)

God Bless and sleep well!!

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

LOL! How cool is that? Excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I went spear fishing but didn’t catch any spears.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Well, you had better luck than this dude…

Pic of the Day: Harpooned

Resist We Much on April 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

KCB on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Good evening, Ken. It’s always great spending time with you. :)

Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I think you misunderstood. I voted for Romney.

wolverinefan on April 27, 2013 at 1:04 AM

You’re right – I misunderstood…….thank goodness!

I am a firm believer in Not “sitting home” – and voting for whatever “Not Obama” is out there….

williamg on April 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

nite ken and you too

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Cuz I love this lady!!

Summertime… :-)

Scrumpy on April 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM

jrsrigmvr on April 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Actually, I think Christine had/has a better voice than Stevie. Stevie’s is unique, but Christine’s is more mellifluous.

thatsafactjack on April 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM