Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on April 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

The [Gang of Eight] bill would … exempt wide swaths of people currently counted against immigration caps from any limits: The spouses and children of legal permanent residents would be allowed to come to the country on an unlimited basis, for example.

Thus, some combination of, perhaps, 7 million DREAMers, agricultural workers, and the newly legalized family members of current US citizens will be able to petition for their family members, further swelling legal immigration by an indeterminate amount.

And beginning five years after the bill is enacted, the Senate measure would create a new “merit based” immigration category with 125,000 initial visas (a figure that could rise to as many as 250,000 over time) that includes a path to a green card and citizenship, adding more than half a million potential new permanent US residents before the decade is out…

When immigration skeptics like Sessions and Roy Beck, the head of Numbers USA, add up the figures, they see a 50 percent increase in US immigration on an annual basis and as many as 20 million more new green cards within the next dozen years than would otherwise be authorized – and perhaps as many as 30 million more, according to a Republican aide.

***

[T]he road to permanent resident status that Rubio said would take a decade will take only five years for currently illegal immigrants who have done some work in agriculture. How many are there? Pro-reform congressional sources suggest the number could be 700,000 on the low end and 1.1 million on the high end. Congressional sources skeptical of reform say the number would be higher. No one seems to know with any certainty.

Then there is the other fast track, for the Dreamers. The Gang of Eight bill creates a special category for immigrants who came to the United States illegally before age 16. That applies equally to illegal immigrants who today are, say, 19 years old, or those who are 49 years old, or older…

Like agricultural workers, it is not entirely clear how many currently illegal immigrants and family members would be involved in the Dream fast track, but the total number could be in the millions — a significant portion of the estimated 11 million immigrants in the country illegally today.

***

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., a veteran of the last immigration fight, seems best prepared to counter the Gang of Eight. Just 15 minutes before the group’s press conference to unveil its bill last week, Sessions and Sen. David Vitter, R-La., held one of their own, featuring several law-enforcement officials and the head of the union for Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to criticize the bill as amnesty over enforcement.

Sessions has also warned about the effect that legalization and more visas might have on employment opportunities and wages for American workers, which is an angle that one of the biggest advocacy groups calling for lower immigration levels will pursue as it tries to drum up public opposition to the bill.

Roy Beck, president of Numbers USA, said his group plans to concentrate its messaging on Alaska, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania, hoping that voters will help push the senators in those states to oppose the bill.

Our plan is that it does not get out of the Senate, and we still feel fairly confident of that. It’s a big battle,” he said.

***

My thought is, maybe we should consider admitting immigrants who can succeed in America, rather than deadbeats.

But we’re not allowed to “discriminate” in favor of immigrants who would be good for America. Instead of helping America, our immigration policies are designed to help other countries solve their internal problems by shipping their losers to us.

The problem isn’t just illegal immigration. I would rather have doctors and engineers sneaking into the country than legally arriving ditch-diggers.

Teddy Kennedy’s 1965 immigration act so dramatically altered the kinds of immigrants America admits that, since 1969, about 85 percent of legal immigrants have come from the Third World. They bring Third World levels of poverty, fertility, illegitimacy and domestic violence with them. When they can’t make it in America, they simply go on welfare and sometimes strike out at Americans.

***

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the following, both within my native first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa, as well as from my nationally-syndicated radio audience:

* “Rubio has gone establishment. He’s dead to me.”

* “Rubio is being played by the ruling class. He’s clearly not ready.”

* “My love affair with Rubio is over. I’ll never vote for him.”

* “Rubio is off my list for 2016.”…

[P]olitically he is allowing himself to be branded as another big government GOP sell-out, because he and his associates are struggling to make the case to conservatives it is what’s best for the country and not what’s best for the big government Democrats. The comments by Conant and the actions of some on his staff to scheme against the Heritage Foundation, maybe the most respected think tank in the entire conservative movement, only reinforces that skepticism. The amount of political capital Rubio has wasted already in this effort is incalculable. I hope he really believes in this legislation, because it might cost him the presidency.

***

“Immigration, broadly speaking, pits the elite versus the public as much as the Right against the Left,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, who spoke at a hearing on the Senate bill earlier this week. “It’s the church hierarchies versus the people in the pews, the union organizations as opposed to the union members, big business as opposed to small business. It’s no surprise that the Republicans supporting this thing are the ones with ties to the Chamber of Commerce, not ordinary voters.”…

“The only people in the room behind closed doors was congressional staff, big business, big labor, Silicon Valley, and a whole long line of special-interest groups,” said Rosemary Jenks, a spokeswoman for NumbersUSA, which favors more limits on immigration. “It’s very clear this bill wasn’t written to serve national interests but special interests, including the senators’ own special interests, with absolutely zero regard for unemployed American workers and taxpayers.”

***

“What eight people decide isn’t going to be the be-all, end-all for the House,” Goodlatte says. “It may be an indicator of where you can find some common ground, but the House, because it’s a Republican majority, will take a more conservative approach.”…

“I tell them that we’re going to break this all down into pieces that are more digestible,” he says. “We’re going to have a lot of hearings, and we’re going to turn this into separate bills. We’ll do an agricultural-workers bill, then an E-Verify bill, and then after the recess, we’ll maybe do some more. But it’s all a work in progress.”

A vague deadline, piecemeal legislation, and months of town-hall meetings, however, are what the proponents of comprehensive immigration reform fear most. There is growing concern by allies of the Gang of Eight that volatile summertime confrontations with constituents could make many House Republicans uneasy.

Goodlatte has little patience for such hand-wringing. As a former immigration attorney who has been in the House for two decades, he says doing things his way — a slow burn — is the only viable option.

***

I think it comes down to this. What kind of person do you want to be? Do you want to focus on the hopes and aspirations of the future, or dwell on fear and negativity? — to desperately clinging to the status quo? Do you believe that America has a bright dawn ahead, or that we must manage its decline?

Kemp was known for his cheery optimism. So was Reagan. In fact, conservatism didn’t really take off until Kemp and Reagan teamed up. And if you look at today’s most rhetorically inspiring conservatives, is it any wonder you find people like Sen. Marco Rubio and Rep. Paul Ryan — both champions of immigration reform?

The most vociferous opponents tend to be pundits and talk radio hosts, who don’t need to win a majority to be successful, and who have entirely different incentives.

I suspect this isn’t a coincidence.

***

Via RCP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Either way, coming here and splattering the amount of crap that UE unloads and then expecting us to suddenly feel sorry for him when all he does is lie is just SAD.
Go back to DKos. They’ll offer you a free abortion coupon.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Again, no sympathy expected.

Au revoir, mon amie.

urban elitist on April 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

GFY.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

But you certainly do. Hi Jackie!

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I miss Scrumpy..

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

RUSH: Well, I myself suggested a similar proposal about six months ago, and I have repeated it over the course of the past six months. Very simply it’s this. I’ve told everybody in this audience. I’ve told the Democrats. I’ve told the media. I’ve told the Republicans. I, too, will support amnesty if the newly made citizens cannot vote for 25 years.

bw222 on April 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Limbaugh’s idea is totally un-American. How can you have citizens not being allowed to vote unless they are convicted criminals or slaves? And what happens in 25 years? Is Limbaugh figuring he’s going to be dead by then and won’t care as it won’t effect him personally?

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Good evening, Ken. :) It’s lovely to see you.

I miss Scrumpy, too. I hope she comes back soon.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

It is a lonely life when someone who is constantly derided and called out as a liar refers to his accusers as friend.

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Barred. It’s a liar.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I know, I’ve read many of his posts.

But on the chance he is telling the truth on such a serious matter, I like to follow the old saying “If you have nothing nice to say, better to say nothing,”

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Good for you.
Get off my lawn!

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

You have no friends here.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

10-4

Folks..

This is our future…

The likes of Urban.

They have no clue that what they ran away from..

Is because of them..

And they bring that mentality to the U.S.

Electrongod on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I miss Scrumpy..

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Ok let’s get someone to conjure her up. Or maybe summoning might work.

Maybe her broom in the repair shop. I haven’t seen her in the Food Truck Thread Truck Food line.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I don’t know why you are on their case. Rubio isn’t the first Republican that has joined the Dems. There are many more. I’ve seen the Roll Call Votes, have you? Besides Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin do enough. Sounds to me like you have more against those 3 than Rubio:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Maybe I expect more out of them than you do. Maybe I don’t have the bigotry of soft expectations. What they are doing is like denouncing Communism but being protective of Stalin. It’s pathetic.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

“If you have nothing nice to say, better to say nothing,”

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I would be the first to agree with that, if those in question would go by it as well.

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

If you want a more difficult task try teaching Rubio to be an American, and Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity how to better recognize one who is not.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

A bad situation. Limbaugh, Levin and Hannity are all great fellows that we would be in trouble without. They are friends with Rubio, but at least Rush and Levin are very disappointed. Hannity drank the grape koolaid.

How do you handle disagreements like this without coming across like an a-hole? Your point about their reaction if it was Crist is very valid. I sincerely don’t know. I was mad though at Rush for letting Rubio give him a hand job and not pressing him about the 1986 debacle.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Electrongod on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Good evening, Electrongod. :) It’s good to see you. I hope you and yours are well.

Sadly, I think you’re right.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I miss Scrumpy..

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

What happened???

Electrongod on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Sorry I’m late. I was teaching RWM about English history and law.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM

If he wasn’t such a wart, we’re a great group here.
He chooses to call us names and a nuisance.
He should stick to his own kind at Huffing Paint or DailyKos.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Hi.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I miss Scrumpy..

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I miss America.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You are a lying sack of shit. Period. How sick do you have to be to play that card?

C’mon. Give us a date of death. We’ll look up your posts. 6 months ago you were all over this board. Running your mouth.

I think if my wife died, wouldn’t be here spouting what you were.

Liar. Sick phuck.

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Well then you are helping him keep his “blind spot” and making him much less effective than he might be if he got his head out of his ass.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

So, I’m responsible for Mark Levin and his admiration of Rubio?

Really…Why don’t you call Mark on his show and express what you think he should do?

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Scrumpy just needed a little rest. It’s not easy being the Spritely One.

And then there were the duties of being Peace Officer, and deputy Fire Chief, too.

I wish she would return to us, too.:) However, if she needs rest, we certainly understand.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I would rather you think I’m an “a-hole” than have to think of myself as blind, deaf and dumb.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Sorry if I offended you. I rarely post here but love to read the comments.

Those comments just seemed harsh to me for a conservative blog.

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Yes. Don’t we all.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I went spear fishing but didn’t catch any spears.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Sorry I’m late. I was teaching RWM about English history and law.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I was just teaching her how to walk in heels.

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

TxAnn56 on April 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Texan, here, too.
I’ve just had new bathroom construction done, and I can’t tell you how glorious it was to be able to actually converse with the crew !!!
Last year, with our cover construction, only ONE could even understand any of my questions, but still had to call his super, to get me any answers.
Guess which company we’ll call next time.
Jus sayin.

pambi on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Hi Barb.

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Sorry I’m late. I was teaching RWM about English history and law.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

LOL!

In honour of Axe, I’m bringing back The Pecker Placement Tales.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Fly Me To The Moon – Sinatra

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My poor immigrants — it’s a couple — pull down about $20 an hour minus whatever they pay for their “manager.” They’re doing OK for unskilled labor. Wal-Mart employees should do so well.

urban elitist on April 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You’re pompous.

I don’t believe your story about your wife…if true she probably could not stand you.Ugly people like yourself tend not to be liked…much like lester and your other brethren.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I Heard You Crying In Your Sleep – George Jones

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Jackie, I am in awe. I thought I had a lot of George Jones music but you is the music librarian.

Here’s one that pretty much says it all. Don’t piss her off.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Not sure what you’re looking for here in terms of proof.

And why would I backdate something like this if I had some ulterior motive (and what would that motive be?)?

urban elitist on April 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If my wife died I sure a hell would not be discussing it here. I call BS…but maybe I project.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Teaching RWM about law is a chore. ADHD and all.

I don’t get the Scrumpy thing either*?* I enjoy her being here.

She’ll be back.

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Lolz.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Sorry if I offended you. I rarely post here but love to read the comments.

Those comments just seemed harsh to me for a conservative blog.

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I agree. They were harsh, but look up UE’s posts and you will understand.
He lies. He goes after conservative values and ideals.
Using his loss, if he wasn’t lying, is almost as bad as lying about it.
Stuck around. It’s usually not this caustic.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You – Heart

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM

He’d just cut me off. Maybe he will go slumming and read the comments on hotgas and if he didn’t have so many defenders here of his hands off Rubio, he just might think “Those bastards attacking me and Rubio! But, you know, on second thought, maybe they have got a point. How can I be against amnesty but be for Rubio anymore than I could be against democrats but be for Obama?”

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Thank you, Arnold. That’s an excellent tune. Love George Jones. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Hi.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Well?

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Why would you think I thought that? Your points are all valid. It is difficult to deal with someone like Rubio who up to now has been fine.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Very nice!

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I went spear fishing but didn’t catch any spears.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

LoL.
*Hi Ken too!*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I listened to Rubio when on Levin program. And I listened to Rubio when on Rush’s program.

Levin asked good questions, Rubio answered but Levin didn’t follow up much.

Rush asked different more pointed questions, Rubio answered. The difference was Rush countered Rubio’s answers and put him on the spot. Then Rubio went O/T and Rush brought him back.

I thot Rush did a better job with Rubio than Levin did.

IMO:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

“Wine colored roses” was my favorite song. Pure Americana.

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

A+ for humor and the pecker placement retrospective about stuff that already happened.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

and HOW exactly will they prove that they have done some work in agriculture ?

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

When I look at you Marco Rubio, what I now see
Is the face of someone who betrayed me
And even though the melody lingers on
The man you pretended to be, is long gone
When I look at you, something else is standing there
Something that now only brings despair
So many followed you like a shinning star
And now shutter to think what you really are
Now, remembering America is all that I can do
Because I miss America so, whenever I look for it and see you

PercyB on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

O/T

Tigers Sanchez has 17 strikeouts through 8 innings.

bw222 on April 26, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Sanchez? Wait a minute, I thought he threw touchdowns, (occasionally).

Alabama Infidel on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Excellent tune, Arnold. I, too, hope George is in heaven tonight. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Same ole me..:)

PS..RIP George Jones..

Dire Straits on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Train, Train – Blackfoot

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

**putting on my SparkPlug hat**

You know, Charles I was beheaded over 100 years ago.

HA HA HA.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Dire Straits on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Very cool, Dire. :) Yes… we’ll miss ‘the Possum’. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Blame the stay at homes, the Tea Party, the just-don’t cares all anyone wants. This is your party. If you can’t get candidates with a backbone don’t expect voters with one either.

Limerick on April 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I thot Rush did a better job with Rubio than Levin did.

IMO:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

He did, you are right. Although neither Rush nor Levin used the opportunity to get a little more testy. This is very serious stuff here, fate of the nation. It is time for a reckoning.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Those comments just seemed harsh to me for a conservative blog.

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

We are NOT dealing with people who can be labeled “liberal” (in the classic sense) or “respectful opposition” to our positions.

We are dealing with people who would prefer – even enjoy with great gusto – seeing us driven from the political arena…transported to ‘re-education’ camps…and, if we remained unconvinced of the wonderfulness of their socialist/communist/fascist utopia, our extermination. They want to make an omelet – and we are the eggs. Breakage is part of the plan.

It’s about time that we started treating enemies as enemies.

Or, we can “nice’ ourselves to death.

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

KCB on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Limerick on April 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

And what’s ‘your party’?

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Heard Rush play this clip this afternoon and I could hardly believe my ears. My sides hurt the rest of the afternoon from laughing so hard. Of course, afterward, I reflected on how absolutely pathetic it is to have someone like Hank Johnson in Congress in the first place.

Back when he made the “tipping Guam over” remark, I seem to remember that there were others in Congress, or maybe his aides, who tried to explain it away by saying he was suffering from some kind of liver or kidney disease and it was affecting his mental function. Clearly, whatever ailment it is must be making a comeback. Time for stronger meds, Hank. Or maybe some of that helium you’re talking about.

PatriotGal2257 on April 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I love that anti-gun poster that has an AR-15 foreend, barrel, and gas block front site, and an AK magazine. And what the heck kind of flash hider is that?

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Agreed..But just keep in mind his competition in last election was Cynthia McKinney (Shelia Jackson Lee X 5)..:)

Dire Straits on April 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Perhaps Conservatives need to be/become a bit more “harsh” with their opposition. Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Oh I agree with you 100%.

It was just the subject matter.

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Over 100 years ago England was invaded by over one dozen invaders.

Since England is surrounded by over 100 gallons of cold water it has had to protect its shores from invaders by building some walls using stones that weighed over an unknown amount of weight.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Take Me – George Jones and Tammy Wynette

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Hank Johnson……….because WE elected him.

Scary but true.

PappyD61 on April 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Dang girl. You are a time machine.

Taking me back to riding in a 73′ Ford listening to KBOX.

Or sitting at the kitchen table with my grandfather. When Paul Harvy, the farm report, or polkas wasn’t playing.

I didn’t like that too much, but what I wouldn’t give to turn back the clock.

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

In Dreams – Orbison

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Thank you for linking Bob Seger the other night.

Forced me to go looking thru my old CD’S. You forget all the great songs from the past.

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

PercyB on April 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Very nice.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

And what the heck kind of flash hider is that?

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

AK-74

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I’m delighted you were transported, Cozmo. :) It’s really what music is all about. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Barred on April 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM

You’re most welcome. :) That’s why the Glade exists.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM

AMERICA…..UPSIDE DOWN!!!

The chief law enforcement officer in this country calls lawbreakers being rewarded with Amnesty a “civil right”…..

……and the Abortion loving President blushes and says “God Bless” to a crowd if baby butchers.

Good God Almighty this country doesn’t deserve to live.

PappyD61 on April 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Scrumpy is a bit news averse (not without reason), at the moment. She’s doing the occasional cameo in the Gulch.

She’ll be back.

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Like as not.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I Drove All Night – Orbison

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM

True, but more KZEW and less KBOX.

Except I’m really goin’ to bed this time.

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Goodnight, Cozmo. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

My grandfathers favorite. He loved it. Cranked it on the radio whenever they played it.

Wine colored roses.

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I thot Rush did a better job with Rubio than Levin did.

IMO:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Very true. The first time Rush interviewed Rubio he asked softball questions, but the second time he tried to pin Rubio down. Levin wore “Mom Jeans” during both his interviews with Rubio and attacks anyone who criticizes Rubio.

bw222 on April 26, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Harlem Nocturne – Georgie Auld

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Sparkypedia. Some people believe that France is a European country often depicted on a map of Europe.

The French are a proud people who gave us the statue of liberty and they easily surrender when trying to protect their lands.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

You know who he replaced, don’t you? CYNTHIA McKINNEY!

Whatever is wrong with Tipping Guam, it pales in comparison to Georgia’s 4th Congressional District!

I often find myself having debates as to whether Tipping Guam or Sheila Jackson-Lee is the stupidest person in Congress. Love this pic of SJL:

Mensa Member, Sheila Jackson-Lee: ‘Don’t Blame The Gangbangers!’

Now, if you ever want to break all of your ribs laughing, have I got just the thing for you!

Are You Smarter Than A Politician? Probably.

DISCLAIMER: Void your bladder before reading. I cannot be held responsible for accidents or furniture stains.

Seriously, what alarms me so much is that Americans are stupid enough to put issues involving their security, finances, housing, healthcare, education, children, safety, etc, in the hands of these bloody morons and actually believe that they SHOULD be making those decisions for them.

Unbloodybelievable.

BTW: If you want to read one of the all-time epic Twitter threads, go to #InfoWarsPickUpLines. I didn’t sleep a second last night. Axe said that I was like a kid in a candy store. Granted, I am somewhat of an encyclopaedia on Alex Jones (I listen so my readers don’t have to) and the weird & whacky, but nearly every tweet was wet-your-knickers funny.

‘Luv, there’s a war on for your hind!’

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM

wolly4321 on April 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Too cool, wolly.:) Seems George Jones touched a lot of lives with his tunes. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Sorry I’m late. I was teaching RWM about English history and law.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Now that’s funny right there.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I understand. However, if they take too hard of a stand against them personally, then Rubio, and others won’t even come on their shows. So it’s a fine line to walk.

Allowing them to talk on their shows and then pointing out later the errors seems to be the way they are handling this.

What helps is if we the voters do the calling/faxing to Rubio and others that are in favor of this Immigration. Rubio is only one Senator among the 45. Remember we had 16 R’s that voted for Gun Control to proceed. I called them, plus the other 29 to voice my outrage.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:12 PM

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Limbaugh’s point is that the political class would never agree to any such delayed gratification and that therefore such legislation would never pass. It isn’t meant to be taken seriously.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Sparkypedia. Tornadoes are often caused by strong winds.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Sparkypedia. Tornadoes are often caused by strong winds.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Thread winner..:)

Dire Straits on April 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM

He Stopped Loving Her Today – George Jones

A tribute to the late George Jones, county music great.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

The Good Lord called His Voice back home, Heaven the richer for it.

TXUS on April 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Mainstreet – Seger

Memories. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM

It’s about time that we started treating enemies as enemies.

Or, we can “nice’ ourselves to death.

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I agree, but this harshness must be directed at those in Congress. Republicans & Democrats alike. Call a Republican and get the message to them that if they vote for this Immigration, you’ll vote for the Democrat. Tell the same thing to those Dems that are up for re-election. You know they love their seat and above all don’t want to lose it:-)

Commenters here is a different topic and I understand that.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM

TXUS on April 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Good evening,TXUS. :) That’s some heavenly choir. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I understand that a number of black religious leaders are up in arms over the devastation that this proposed Senate bill will do to black and black youth unemployment particularly. Opponents of the Gang of Eight’s travesty should reach out to the black communities in order to demonstrate the harm that it will do to their communities.

onlineanalyst on April 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I didn’t like that too much, but what I wouldn’t give to turn back the clock.

cozmo on April 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Yeah, funny we discover just how stupid and self-absorbed we are only with the passage of time.

Happy Nomad on April 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Unfortunately, that would never hold up in the courts and Limbaugh probably realizes it.

Hannity is pro-amnesty. Levin is anti-amnesty, yet he goes apesh!t whenever anyone attacks his precious, little Marco.

bw222 on April 26, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I believe Rush is being entirely facetious here – illustrating absurdity by being absurd (or however he puts that).

He knows that no one who is petitioning for amnesty would ever agree to his proposal, precisely because they *want* the votes of these illegals and nothing more. It helps illustrate his point precisely – it isn’t about ‘compassion’, or ‘civil rights’, or any other damn thing *except* getting those millions of extra votes. The politicians won’t admit it, but Rush’s offer illustrates what they won’t admit. They can say it’s about ‘whatever’ all day long – and if they were telling the truth, then Rush’s proposal could be acceptable, but…

Midas on April 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM

onlineanalyst on April 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM

The Civil Rights Commission has said flatly that AMNESTY will harm the black community, particularly the young.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM