Obama: Planned Parenthood isn’t going anywhere, America

posted at 2:01 pm on April 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

Some righties took it as a sign that he was running scared from the Gosnell trial when he “canceled” his speech to PP scheduled for last night. C’mon: You should know him better than that by now. He didn’t cancel, he just postponed it until this morning so that he could visit West, Texas, yesterday to speak about the disaster there. The most pro-abortion president in American history wasn’t about to pass on the chance to become the first sitting president to address Planned Parenthood. Although, true to form, he waited until he was safely reelected to do it.

Does this sound like a man cowed by news of a late-term abortionist, who received referrals from “respectable” clinics and who operated with impunity for years due to political opposition to clinic oversight, cutting babies’ spinal cords?

President Obama told Planned Parenthood on Friday he will fight various efforts to restrict women’s access to abortion, contraceptives and other services…

“Planned Parenthood is not going anywhere,” Obama said. “It’s not going anywhere today, it’s not going anywhere tomorrow.”…

Obama did not use the word “abortion” during his remarks, but said the “right to choose” has long been upheld by courts…

Citing efforts in some states to restrict access to certain services, including abortion, Obama said it looks like some lawmakers want to turn back the clock to the 1950s.

Even a guy who looks the other way at infanticide, provided it’s done “soon enough” after birth, feels obliged to avoid the A-word despite the fact that he’s addressing the biggest abortion provider in America. Maybe there’s an ounce of shame left in him yet.

KP makes an excellent point, incidentally:

Yeah, I thought the big liberal spin on Gosnell was that the horrendous conditions at his clinic prove that we need more clinics with less regulation so that poor women can have access to more reputable neck-severing services. Let a thousand clinics bloom and no one would need to visit Gosnell’s dump. How come O didn’t think to make that point today? He spent weeks on the trail pounding the table for more gun regulations after Newtown. When does he hit the trail to explain that the solution to the Gosnell problem is more chop shops?

Via the Standard, here’s his closing “God bless you” to the faithful assembled. Normally I’d dismiss this as rote presidential blather when concluding a speech, but from a guy who once famously said that he didn’t want his teen daughters “punished” with a baby, it’s safe to assume that he really does think they’re doing the lord’s work.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Why are you sorry? I’ve got a couple of hours to kill and I enjoy hanging out with like-minded, intelligent folks at Hot Gas.

But you ain’t part of that group, even though you’re a legend in your own mind.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I do believe God speaks directly on occasion. Most times, He’s quite more subtle about it. Either way, He gets His point across.

I thank God I got His point.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Indeed.

Charles Stanley once said, “God spoke to me; oh, no, not audibly. It was much louder than that.”

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

since ‘lester’ is personna non gratta for 15 mins, I can’t stick around for his reply–I leave it to the good folks of HA fame.

lester, be assured, I not only won’t pay for the abortions you cause, more importantly, I won’t be any part of that ‘obama – care’ thing. It has less to do with care than it has to do with obama.

Come, arrest me.

G’night, folks. It’s been fun :)

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Easy. Post the breakdown then. And then the breakdown over a long period of time (2 decades or so). That would be the trend.

You can’t though, since you made it up.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I’m not here to do your homework for you.

You made it clear earlier that your parents do that for you.

You are pretty stupid since you think that public polling needs to be shown over a period like two decades.

Gay marriage has only recently become popular. In the 90s and early 2000s states were passing marriage amendments. Does that reverse the trend now?

Boy are you dense.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

nonpartisan you really are one of the dumbest broads I have ever encountered. You have no ability to think with the least amount of complexity. At least you post on more subjects than Armin. I will give you that.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Lots of blacks and Latinos that vote Democratic?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM

That’s the pattern you see in this:

1. Mississippi – 64/1,000

2. New Mexico – 61/1,000

3. Texas – 61/1,000

4. Arkansas – 60/1,000

5. Oklahoma – 58/1,000

6. Arizona – 54/1,000

7. Louisiana – 54/1,000

8. Kentucky 53/1,000

9. Tennessee – 52/1,000

10. South Carolina – 51/1,000

You really should cut down on the booze.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

davidk does not belive me when I said some christians claim god speaks to them

and hes been hounding me ever since

hope this shuts him up :)

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Well, poopforbrains, she did not say god spoke to her audibly.

And you claim that people told that He did. I just want to know who.

I still think you are lying. woof woof

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I’m not here to do your homework for you.

You made it clear earlier that your parents do that for you.

Boy are you dense.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Stage 1: Claim youth are more pro-life every day.
Stage 2: Claim it’s all over the polls.
Stage 3: Fail to provide any such polls.
Stage 4: Engage in verbal attacks to cover up the ongoing trainwrek.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Well, poopforbrains, she did not say god spoke to her audibly.

And you claim that people told that He did. I just want to know who.

I still think you are lying. woof woof

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

actually, you’re a liar davidk, cuz I never said he spoke ‘audibly’

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Absolute, human filth in the White House.

I am utterly without hope for America, that this baby exterminating, filthy communist, could not only be elected, but could be re-elected, by a bunch of filthy, illiterate, Communist parasites.

America is lost.

I have no hope for her.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Unfortunately, I agree 100%. sigh

aquaviva on April 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

lester (& Armin & nonpartisan),

my last comment on this thread.

y’all are gonna die one day. we all will.
even if you don’t believe in the afterlife, you won’t be happy in your last few days for supporting the murders of innocent lives. you can vomit & puke all you want, but truth does not yield to temporary arguments.

I hope y’all don’t end up as fools.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Their appearances and personalities alone guarantee they won’t ever need their services.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

So true-that includes Armin…and besides prostitutes make them use rubbers on that rare coital event.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

And Armin.
Hookers couldn’t even be convinced to flog that

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

You really should cut down on the booze.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Really ? You should go look at the racial ancestry of those states.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

But you ain’t part of that group, even though you’re a legend in your own mind.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Right after this:

Nope.
But nice try, sad person with a dark soul.
You’ve been here for 5 hours vomiting your diarrhea to a community that’s overwhelming pro-life.
At the end of the day you have to live with yourself.
You must hate that, I suppose.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Was it the vomiting and diarrhea you enjoyed? It seems like you’re the sorry one from your own comment.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Stage 1: Claim youth are more pro-life every day.
Stage 2: Claim it’s all over the polls.
Stage 3: Fail to provide any such polls.
Stage 4: Engage in verbal attacks to cover up the ongoing trainwrek.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Nah.

I really don’t feel like doing the homework for a 5th rate troll who wouldn’t know how to read them or would just respond “Koch.”

Thanks though.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

nopartisan…do you ever back up your points?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Not by the drunk. Case closed.

If it were up to me though, I would make it dependent on whether the woman charges for murder or not.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM

But, it isn’t up to the woman. In criminal cases, it is the government that is the party that brings charges and prosecutes the case.

Under Florida law, the drunk could be charged with TWO COUNTS and convicted of DUI manslaughter even though one woman was on her way to abort her ‘collection of cells.’

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Lester, before you say ‘case closed’ again to me, you might wish to remember that I am a lawyer.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Really ? You should go look at the racial ancestry of those states.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

You should cut down on the booze because you think them voting minorities voting Democratic in red states has anything to do with teen pregnancy rates.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

davidk does not belive me when I said some christians claim god speaks to them

and hes been hounding me ever since

hope this shuts him up :)

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Around here, davidk isn’t the one ever in question. YOU are.

If anyone ever needs to finally shut up, it’s YOU.

YOU have been a willful obnoxious continuing nagging crybaby problem around here. I don’t know davidk, but I have seen YOU for a long while.

I especially recall you being one of the ghouls the day of Sandy Hook, when you all but had an erection at the thought of getting our guns.

YOU refused to halt your politics long enough to grieve with us, with we Conservatives. All YOU did was attack that day, and for another week.

Fvck you. AS YOU have shown yourself, there’s no genuine value about you or in you.

When davidk preaches Christ, I’ll listen.

When YOU espouse your liberalism, I and many others dismiss you.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I’m aware of that and it’s exactly why I said “if“.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

As for pregnancy rates, I can also point to the abortion rates in cities like New York where more than half of all pregnancies are terminated.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Or enlightened New York City–where three African-American babies are aborted for every two live births.

IOW, 60% of black pregnancies end with the baby’s being aborted.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Im pretty sure you’re confusing me with someone else…as I did not post here on the day of sandy hook

Im also not a liberal

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

what i don’t get is why conservatives are wasting so much time on this issue

this is a losing issue

this is a pointless issue

abortion does not affect me one iota

it does not solve the nation’s deficit/debt problems

it does not solve the terrorism risk that our country faces

we should not be wasting our time on this pointless debate

keep harping on this issue and you’ll be guaranteeing democratic dominance in the elections

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

1. We can multitask.

2. Should we give up because it’s hard and we might lose a few? Sometimes battles are long and ugly.

3. Concern troll is concerned.

kim roy on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Nah.

Thanks though.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Yet, you feel like dragging the argument for a few pages on this thread and typing so much instead of posting a link to polls that prove this made up and against all the odds trend of yours.

What homework is there for me to do? Find polls that don’t exist?

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

teen pregnancy rates.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

You can wish and wish…but that does not make it so.

No wonder there’s all this talk about some red states receiving more in federal funds: Democratic voters.

You own them.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

You really should cut down on the booze.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

You should really pull your head out of your @ss. Here are the stats for MS and NM the top two states showing the birth rate for the high democrat demographic. Oh yeah, MS has a large population of African Americans and NM has a large population of hispanics.

Looks like CW had it right.

Of all births to females under 20 years of age, percent by race/ethnicity – MS

US – 39%

Hispanic
NM – 69%
US – 33%

HumpBot Salvation on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

blah, blah, blah. One dumb chick.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

HumpBot Salvation on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Dude, don’t try to give it numbers.

It can’t understand them.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Im also not a liberal

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

When you have to keep claiming it……

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Really ? You should go look at the racial ancestry of those states.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Clearly.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Why should those against war pay for your “SIN”? Why should Scientologist tax money go to Psychology, whether study or practice? Why should proponents of green energy pay oil subsidies?

I will agree with that the moment every single American can decide on what items every single tax dollar they contribute is spent. I’m not kidding, I will fully 100% support this.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I just caught your last response, so before I sign off, I’ll leave w/this.

This thread isn’t about any of that, nor was the discussion. For myself, the ‘government’ should be totally divested of all things “NOT SPECIFICALLY” enumerated to the States.

Do you know where that passage comes from, lester?

The Federal government, has but one enumeration: to provide for the common defense.

That’s it.

Capiche?

Again, I’m off, I’ll enjoy all, I know I will–I’ve a hubby who is as devoted to me as I am to him, even after 38 years.

I hope lester understands, at some point, that kind of love.

G’night all :)

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Stage 1: Claim youth are more pro-life every day.
Stage 2: Claim it’s all over the polls.
Stage 3: Fail to provide any such polls.
Stage 4: Engage in verbal attacks to cover up the ongoing trainwrek.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Well played.

rogerb on April 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Im also not a liberal

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Liberals hate being called liberals.

But, fine. So, I’ll do it worse to you.

I leave you to all your own posts, for months of them. And let others decide how they view you, of your own words.

All we have is YOU, of yourself as you wrote.

And I still am convinced you are a fvcking liberal.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Well, poopforbrains, she did not say god spoke to her audibly.

And you claim that people told that He did. I just want to know who.

I still think you are lying. woof woof

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

actually, you’re a liar davidk, cuz I never said he spoke ‘audibly’

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Dang. Busted.

OK. Who are the Christians who said that God spoke to them any which way?

Do you personally know any Christians?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Clearly.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

These lefties have nothing.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

When you have to keep claiming it……

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Liberals hate admitting they’re liberals.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

HumpBot Salvation on April 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Go back and read my response to RWM.

The point is not pregnancy rate among minorities, it’s impact of sex-ed and contraception policy of red state governments on teen pregnancy regardless of ethnicity.

If pro-lifers were driven by results rather than ideology they’d push for more preventive measures rather than try to ban abortions. They are often doing the exact opposite in red states.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Say nonpartisan…interesting factoid:

By Nalini Bhanot and Laxmi Murthy

Food scarcities, water stress, civil strife, energy crises, rising pollution, global warming…Everything is blamed on India’s billion-plus population. This backgrounder in six parts explains how the myth of ‘overpopulation’ came to prevail, and why there is no such thing as an ‘ideal’ population size. By Nalini Bhanot and Laxmi Murthy

India is the second most populous country in the world after China.
In 2006, India ‘s population was more than 1 billion (1,119.5 million). This is larger than all of Africa , larger than all of Europe , larger than all of the Americas .
India has 2.4% of the world’s surface area but sustains 16.7% of the world’s population.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Clearly.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

These lefties have nothing.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Fish in a barrel. Gotta love how they just move on to something else every time they get destroyed.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Lester, your HW was to determine scientifically why a fetus is human at 24 weeks but not at 20 weeks. So far, your answer is “magic.”

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Dude, don’t try to give it numbers.

It can’t understand them.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Please post your numbers for public benefit. The trend numbers you made up that is and can’t find even a single poll to back up.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

believe me CW, we do not want to live down to the Indian standard of living

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Lefties take your red state blue voters to NY or California…you can have em.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I just caught your last response, so before I sign off, I’ll leave w/this.

Do you know where that passage comes from, lester?

That’s it.

Capiche?

I hope lester understands, at some point, that kind of love.

G’night all :)

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Assuming that’s correct, which is not it is still an impractical “solution” from conservative alterverse.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Don’t try to argue facts with modern day slavers like nonpartisan or lester.

Any person that doesn’t believe in human rights can’t be convinced by facts. Their religion is too strong.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Because it’s the law.

Entertaining your logic for a moment… you determine why every sperm is not a human. I mean it has potential and similarly any waste is looked down upon from magical perspective.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

believe me CW, we do not want to live down to the Indian standard of living

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

But I would live in Hong Kong or Singapore no problem.

Both of which have much much higher population densities than let’s say : China.

You have nothing.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Because it’s the law.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Like the law used to be that blacks were three fifths right?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

believe me CW, we do not want to live down to the Indian standard of living

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Oh and talk about a fallacious argument.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Like the law used to be that blacks were three fifths right?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

That is the logic.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Like the law used to be that blacks were three fifths right?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Liberals just throw things out haphazard, they never know what they’re doing.

Why bother with them?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Go back and read my response to RWM.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

We have had widespread sex education since the 1970′s. Almost every corner in a big city has a store in which you can buy birth control, condoms, plan B, spermacide etc. There really should not be any “accidental” pregnancies. And one of the reason there is is because single mother’s know that the Daddy government will take care of them if they “oopsie” either by paying for their abortion or their kid..

melle1228 on April 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Im also not a liberal

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

HAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HOHO-Whooie, oh, man, my aching sides!

S. D. on April 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Obama truly makes my blood boil..I know as a Christian I am not supposed to hate anyone but it really is hard not to hate him…He is everything and i mean EVERYTHING that i don’t want to be..He does support abortion on demand in all cases including infantacide..the most radical, pro abortion president in history and i really believe he is proud of that..A sick, depraved human being that we have as president…he has the gall to say God Bless you to PP??? God isn’t going to bless you Obama nor PP..you both currently are not doing the work of God..I’d argue you both have much more in common with Satan

sadsushi on April 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

That is the logic.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

IF it’s the law …bend over like a good toady. That’s what uncle Lester says.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Because a sperm does not contain a unique separate genetic code they way a zygote does. A lone sperm left to its own devices will never become an adult human, just like a tumor, just like a skin tag.

Party of “science,” indeed.

Lester’s worldview also says Jews and blacks aren’t really “human” if the law says so. He is truly a slave to the State.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Because it’s the law.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

So was slavery and Jim Crow.. The “law” isn’t always ethical or correct? Aren’t you always on here bi+ching about gay civil rights? I mean using your logic- gays can be discriminated against because it is the law..

melle1228 on April 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Liberals just throw things out haphazard,

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Then nonpartisan must be liberal…. my goodness what an uninformed chick.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Science is not formed by majority. I understand you not being familiar with science would be confused.

The point of the argument which you conveniently completely ignored and decided to go off track was that science is much more hated among conservatives since majority of them avoid it as a career path.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

This seems a very odd thing to say on an abortion thread.

Science, via a simple DNA test, would prove that a fetus that you support aborting is a HUMAN BEING. Science would also prove via cellular activity, that the fetus is alive. And yet, you would deny that, and that murder (defined in the dictionary as the killing of a human being) does not occur with abortion. You are the one denying science to push a antiquated ideology.

By the way… I’m a programmer. I have a degree in Computer SCIENCE. And I see the same design patterns in life that I see every day when I’m developing a complex system.

I guess you’re the one off the track. By the way, what’s your current career choice?

dominigan on April 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

If Pro-lifers were result rather than ideology driven, they would get much more out of trying to push sex-ed and contraception rather than banning abortions.

If Planned Parenthood was really about planning parenthood, then they would focus on those things instead of investing their efforts in supporting “choice. ” I sent the a letter more than two decades ago and told them that. I got no response, but we know why they are so adamant in their support of choice–that’s where their profits are.

Abortions are not happening because sex-ed and contraception are not being pushed. Abortions are happening because Planned Parenthood is ENCOURAGING them as a form of birth control. I just read that they set a record in 2012 for number of abortions performed. Why is that? We were told abortions would be safe and rare, and increasingly they are neither.

JannyMae on April 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Taiwan has around twice as many people per square mile then Mexico yet their income is about 2.5 times as much.

Seems backasswards if we were to believe nonpartisan.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

There is an obvious ontological and scientific difference between a sperm cell and a fetus at 20 weeks. What difference exists between a fetus at 20 weeks and 24 weeks? In liberal world, only one is “human.”

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Partisan’s twin sister was just on Fox!
Your mom must have been, er, charming.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Even in the United States, prior to Roe v. Wade, few if any states prosecuted abortion as murder.

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM

The first statutes regulating abortion in the US were actually passed in the 1820s and 1830s. At the the turn of the 20th century, JAMA’s editors endorsed the policy of denying women, who were suffering from complications from illegal abortions, until they ‘confessed.’ As late as the 1920s, 15,000 women were dying every year from illegal abortions and…

‘In 1940, Dr. Frederick Joseph Taussig estimated that there were 681,000 U.S. abortions yearly, killing 8,000 mothers and making many more ill or sterile. A.M.A. Journal Editor Morris Fishbein estimates there have been a 20 to 40% increase since Pearl Harbor–perhaps 1,000,000 cases a year. In a year, less than 3,000,000 babies are born. Even well-performed abortions are dangerous. For this reason, Russia reversed her abortion stand in 1936, made a ruling similar to U.S. laws; only permissable abortions are those necessary to save mothers’ lives… ‘

Abortionists WERE prosecuted for murder or other serious offences. A few examples: Dr Lillian Hobbs, Dr Caroline Goodrich, Amos Franklin Clapp, and one of America’s ‘best abortionists’ at the time, Dr Chapman.

The pro-life movement is nothing more than a political proxy for the Vatican; useful idiots.

Read Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s last book, Ethics, which was published posthumously. I defy you to find anyone that will argue that Bonhoeffer was a Catholic or ‘Useful Idiot’ of the Vatican.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

magical perspective.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

You keep referring to things magic/magical.

What specifically do you mean?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Ethics? Woah hold on, that might get in the way of “results”. Can’t have that now can we.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM

When a man really gives up trying to make something out of himself: a converted sinner, or a churchman–a so-called clerical somebody–, a righteous or unrighteous man, … when in the fullness of tasks, questions, success or ill-hap, experiences and perplexities, a man throws himself into the arms of God .. then he wakes with Christ in Gethsemane. That is faith, that is metanoia and it is thus he becomes man and a Christian. How can a man wax arrogant if in a this-sided life he shares in the suffering of God?~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Facts are like kryptonite to lefties.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

davidk: Magic is the process of a fetus gaining personhood at approx. 24 weeks. :)

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

diablO

MontanaMmmm on April 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

“First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Socialists and the Trade Unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me.”~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Heh.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Fitting for this discussion:

“We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice, we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.”~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM

magical perspective.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

You keep referring to things magic/magical.

What specifically do you mean?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I thought magic was when your parents teach you that murder is wrong but neglect actual useful stuff like “decency and tolerance towards others’ religious views”.

rogerb on April 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I thank God I got His point.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Indeed.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

The “still small voice” volume is adjustable, when necessary. : )

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

rogerb on April 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yep.

And it’s magic if you don’t understand things.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

“Absolute seriousness is never without a dash of humor.”~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

55 MILLION murdered babies in the womb……..

……….doing the jobs Americans won’t do.

Sure would have been nice to have had those taxpayers right about now.

PappyD61 on April 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Planned Parenthood: Exterminating one future democrat voter at a time…

I know that is probably out of bounds, and even horrifying to some, but it is the truth….

Of course I don’t support abortion, I am simply saying it in a way I am sure Obama and his leftist groupies have failed to see about abortion. It overwhelming kills children from democrat voting blocks.

Another reason not to support leftest policies….because they are icidal.

William Eaton on April 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

And it’s magic if you don’t understand things.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

In the past I would’ve made Gandalf reference at the magnitude of his magical ability, but no more. As I’ve said repeatedly, I’m now officially on his side on all issues. lester is a bright guy, and he’s 100% right about this topic.

rogerb on April 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

No, magic is the evolution of the eye, because to believe in the evolutionary chain in that you must believe in magic at some point, or the DNA strand for that matter.

No I think, I will go on believing in God, safer bet;)

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Because it’s the law.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

How did the idea of any “waste of sperm being looked down upon” figure into this debate ? (never mind the “magical perspective”).

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Im also not a liberal

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

There goes the stamping of the tiny feet again.

“I am not a whiny little bitch – I am *not*, no really – I even named myself this way to prove it, see?!?? I am *not* a whiny little bitch!!! Mommy, they keep calling me a whiny little bitch, wah, make the meanies stop!”

Midas on April 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

No I think, I will go on believing in God, safer bet;)

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The only “logic” to atheism, is the predisposition to deny accountability.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

No I think, I will go on believing in God, safer bet;)

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I sometimes am not too clear in my sarcasm.

Your point is exactly my point.

Some atheists argue that if they were doing it they could design a better eye than what God did, but they don’t realize that God designed the universe for His purposes not theirs.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM

The only “logic” to atheism, is the predisposition to deny accountability.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

You seem to be conflating atheism with amorality.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

hey, its not underpopulation thats the problem

its lack of jobs

having more people would just mean higher unemployment and more people on welfare

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Spoken by someone who thinks Barack Obama’s ‘intentions are noble.’ Neither you nor Obama know the first thing about creating jobs, but both of you know a hell of a lot about creating higher unemployment and more welfare dependency.

As I said, I’ve been through this. I’ve witnessed it up close and personal, as well as making it an area of study for many years. The US is following the UK and Europe down the same dead-end road and committing suicide by demographics.

Do you realise that not a single country in all of Europe has a fertility rate of 2.1, which is considered the replacement rate, ie, the rate necessary for the population to remain stable? Even before the financial meltdown, Spain and Greece, in particular, had fertility rates so low that their populations would halve themselves with successive generations.

Russia? FR = 1.54. It has a population around 141 million now. By 2040, its population is expected to be 110 million.

Japan? FR = 1.3. Last year, for the first time, more adult diapers were sold in Japan than baby diapers.

China? FR = 1.6

The US? FR = 1.93 in 2010. The lowest it has been since it last lowest ever: 1973, which was, coincidentally, the year Roe v Wade was handed down. More depressingly, middle class and educated women have a FR of only 1.6. To put that into context, the EU has an overall FR of 1.5, although much of it is driven by Muslim immigrants, who have larger families.

And, before anyone says ‘Well, Mexican-Americans will replace disappearing white taxpayers!,’ hold on a minute. In just three years – between 2007 and 2010 – the birthrate for Mexican-Americans dropped an astonishing 23%.

Why do we need people? Well, apart from needing a tax base so that the entire country doesn’t become Detroit, you have to have enough young workers to pay for the ever-increasing aging population.

Several decades ago, white Europeans decided that they just couldn’t be bothered to have children. Of course, this presented a huge problem given the fact that they not only loved their luxurious welfare hammocks, they believed they were entitled to them. Konstantinos in Athens thought he was entitled to retire to his Speedos at 50 at 97% of his highest annual salary and it was up to the government to figure out how to pay for it. And, while Marina and the rest of the bamboccioni in Italy find it perfectly acceptable to be sleeping in their childhood bedrooms when they are in their late 30s and have absolutely no problem with suing their elderly parents for allowances, they aren’t having children, which is probably a good thing, nor is anyone hiring them, which is likewise understandable. Soooo, there aren’t enough workers paying taxes to support the retirees, which brings us to…

THE USA! USA! USA! Beginning on 1 January 2010 and continuing through 2020, at least, 10,000 Americans will become eligible for Social Security and Medicare EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Now, if 20% of American households are already on food stamps, our labour force participation rate is at the level it was in 1979, and we aren’t birthin’ no babies, just who exactly do you think is going to pay for all of the Big Government that you love so much?

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Just remember though, there are exceptions to that rule, and our own RWM being one of those exceptions:)

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM

No I think, I will go on believing in God, safer bet;)

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 8:54 PM

That’s why Michael Behe titled his exposé on Darwin, Darwin’s Black Box: The Biochemical Challenge To Evolution

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM

It’s ok, we are in agreement, I was really just accenting your argument to the libs. Darwin couldn’t explain the eye, and Crick couldn’t explain the DNA strand.

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Excellent analysis and scary as he!!

melle1228 on April 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM

The only “logic” to atheism, is the predisposition to deny accountability.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM

You seem to be conflating atheism with amorality.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

But since most atheists are evolutionists, any appeal to a morality is based on chance. Which means the atheist’s morality is built on noting but whim.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

dominigan on April 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I’m betting it starts with ‘child’ and ends with ‘molester’.

Midas on April 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Not to mention that the entire concept of rights is a delusion. Chew on THAT pleasant thought for a minute; it’s enough to make a serious patriot a diehard Creationist all by itself.

MelonCollie on April 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Yep stats, numbers , and facts scared of them trolls…like magic.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

As always, your posts are a beauty to behold.

I think these nitwits that choose to argue with you must feel somewhat like the hapless fools that would pick an argument with Ayn Rand and have their intellectual asses handed to them on a platter.

A pleasure to watch you work, ma’am.

Midas on April 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I’m betting it starts with ‘child’ and ends with ‘molester’.

Midas on April 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I knew a guy who prayed for the Midas touch. God granted it.

Now every thing he touches turns into a muffler.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

RWM is like a Flame Thrower with these idiotic lefties.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I knew a guy who prayed for the Midas touch. God granted it.

Now every thing he touches turns into a muffler.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Actually made me LOL – that’s going into my archive!

MelonCollie on April 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM