Obama: Planned Parenthood isn’t going anywhere, America

posted at 2:01 pm on April 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

Some righties took it as a sign that he was running scared from the Gosnell trial when he “canceled” his speech to PP scheduled for last night. C’mon: You should know him better than that by now. He didn’t cancel, he just postponed it until this morning so that he could visit West, Texas, yesterday to speak about the disaster there. The most pro-abortion president in American history wasn’t about to pass on the chance to become the first sitting president to address Planned Parenthood. Although, true to form, he waited until he was safely reelected to do it.

Does this sound like a man cowed by news of a late-term abortionist, who received referrals from “respectable” clinics and who operated with impunity for years due to political opposition to clinic oversight, cutting babies’ spinal cords?

President Obama told Planned Parenthood on Friday he will fight various efforts to restrict women’s access to abortion, contraceptives and other services…

“Planned Parenthood is not going anywhere,” Obama said. “It’s not going anywhere today, it’s not going anywhere tomorrow.”…

Obama did not use the word “abortion” during his remarks, but said the “right to choose” has long been upheld by courts…

Citing efforts in some states to restrict access to certain services, including abortion, Obama said it looks like some lawmakers want to turn back the clock to the 1950s.

Even a guy who looks the other way at infanticide, provided it’s done “soon enough” after birth, feels obliged to avoid the A-word despite the fact that he’s addressing the biggest abortion provider in America. Maybe there’s an ounce of shame left in him yet.

KP makes an excellent point, incidentally:

Yeah, I thought the big liberal spin on Gosnell was that the horrendous conditions at his clinic prove that we need more clinics with less regulation so that poor women can have access to more reputable neck-severing services. Let a thousand clinics bloom and no one would need to visit Gosnell’s dump. How come O didn’t think to make that point today? He spent weeks on the trail pounding the table for more gun regulations after Newtown. When does he hit the trail to explain that the solution to the Gosnell problem is more chop shops?

Via the Standard, here’s his closing “God bless you” to the faithful assembled. Normally I’d dismiss this as rote presidential blather when concluding a speech, but from a guy who once famously said that he didn’t want his teen daughters “punished” with a baby, it’s safe to assume that he really does think they’re doing the lord’s work.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Lives should, your religious definition of it shouldn’t.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Who give a rat’s rear what your parents think?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I’ve made it perfectly clear before that I don’t believe any private business or industry should be receiving government subsidies. Subsidies disrupt the free market.

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM

But you’re still okay with government leaving room to let babies die.

Is there any part of that where you feel uncomfortable? Just a smidge, if we can get it.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Of course the same crowd who believes in all sorts of magic would also hear the voice of imaginary humans complaining about not being born.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Gianna Jessen certainly has a lot to say with her imaginary voice.

tdpwells on April 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

We’ll take that as a no.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Your not well versed in history are you?

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

what will you do to the women who is raped and held captive for a week?!

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Easy. I’d hand her hijab to her and welcome her to the faith.

Nutstuyu on April 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Gianna Jessen certainly has a lot to say with her imaginary voice.

tdpwells on April 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Rebecca Kiessling as well.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Aw, how cute, lester thinks science forms by majority. No wonder he is so painfully ignorant of it

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Indeed. :)

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Expert on “simple” weighs in.

Does that also include taking away the constitutionally-guaranteed choice for Americans to own guns?

Yes, but just like there are laws around abortion there are laws around owning guns. If technology becomes available (and it will) to own a handgun that can destroy an entire town, you don’t have any constitutional right to have one.

(Starts Sundial)

Del Dolemonte on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM

This begging for answers thing in all its variations is becoming boring. You’re not entitled to a response and when I’m answering dozens of comments some are bound to go unanswered.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

What is the purpose of abortion?

weaselyone on April 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

to resolve unwanted pregnancies

partisan on April 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Define “unwanted pregnancies”.

Let’s face it, what you really mean is “inconvenient pregnancies.”

H

Del Dolemonte on April 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I’m a scientist, and I hate liberals.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Fetus in the womb arbitrarily achieves personhood at about 24 weeks. Magic!

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I got nothing.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

FIFY.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Personal questions regarding my family, state/city I reside in, school I graduated from, occupation and so on are more than likely to go unanswered on any Internet forum.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Fair enough, to the point.

If you are a father like I am, I miss how it’s possible you could consider an abortion. If you aren’t a father, you have no experience like I do.

I used to be pro-abortion. Then reality set in, and I had to make a decision.

The result of that decision is two children (now adults) who married well. And I have three perfect (as only a Grandfather can claim) granddaughters.

With you, being a liberal, I hope you never experience such joy.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

The disagreement between Hvistendahl and Douthat centers on their differing views of who the victim is in the global disappearance of women. Hvistendahl says the victim is society at large, a society that must bear the consequences of a severe gender imbalance. Douthat argues that the primary victims are the missing girls themselves. Not surprisingly, Hvistendahl is a staunch abortion advocate. Douthat is not. He concludes his initial criticism of her assessment this way:

[The fact that skewed sex ratios increase prostitution and sex trafficking] are important points. But the sense of outrage that pervades her story seems to have been inspired by the missing girls themselves, not the consequences of their absence.

Here the anti-abortion side has it easier. We can say outright what’s implied on every page of “Unnatural Selection,” even if the author can’t quite bring herself around.

The tragedy of the world’s 160 million missing girls isn’t that they’re “missing.” The tragedy is that they’re dead.

Let’s begin with the 90% of fetuses diagnosed with Down syndrome that end up being aborted. Or enlightened New York City–where three African-American babies are aborted for every two live births. You can bet, moreover, that if ever we do indeed identify a “gay gene” or a genetic sequence that raises the odds of homosexuality, we’ll see disproportionate abortions here as well.

There is another similarity between these disparities and the gender disparity that has engaged Ms. Hvistendahl’s attention: They are mostly uncoerced. Today a Down syndrome child has a better chance than at any time in history of living a rich and rewarding life–yet less of a chance of being born. Nor are there Klansmen driving African-American women to Planned Parenthood clinics, however much the KKK might appreciate the outcome.
[Emphasis added]

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

First of all, for people like lester, I am an atheist so my position is not based on religion.

Secondly, I happen to have some personal experience with this issue. I gave birth to a daughter, who died a few days later of a genetic defect. I had a perfectly normal pregnancy and there was no indication that there was anything wrong with my baby. Contrary to the beliefs of some, medicine is not an exact science.

There was NEVER a day when I was pregnant that I thought of my baby as a ‘collection of cells.’ Not one. I read to her. I played opera and classical music for her via earbuds from the day that I learned that I was expecting. I read all of the books. I, a lawyer, bookworm, ‘intellectual’ fashionista even learned to knit and smock. I painted murals on every wall of her nursery and searched the internet for antique baby clothes.

Morning sickness, swollen ankles, weight gain, etc, were not burdens. They were part of my responsibility along with a healthy diet, exercise, and medical care.

UNDERSTAND THIS: Had I been told that she had a genetic defect and would die shortly after birth, I WOULD NOT HAVE CHANGED A THING. If my OB/GYN had told me in my 6th, 7th, 8th month that there was a problem and I could have an abortion, I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE IT. Suck my child’s brains out? Crush her skull? Pull her body from my womb limb by limb? You might as well have pulled my heart out as well.

If my life had been in danger and she was going to die anyway, there are medical options that are routinely used: 1) labour is induced, or 2) caesarians are performed.

Partial-birth abortions are rarely performed for the mother’s physical health and they are even more rarely performed for that reason outside of hospitals.

Personally, I am pro-life, but I am not going to block a woman from getting an abortion. I do not, however, have sympathy for women seeking abortions in the second and third trimesters. Again, I am pro-life, but I suppose that I could live with first trimester abortions if I were forced to find some ‘middle ground.’ I won’t, however, accommodate women, who are lazy, changed their minds because their boyfriends leave or whatever, wait too long, etc. Even the Court in Roe recognised that, as the foetus matured, its rights grew and those of the mother lessened. Furthermore, the Court in Casey, which is actually more the controlling law than Roe, specifically, held that ‘the government has a legitimate, substantial interest in preserving and promoting foetal life.’

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

But you’re still okay with government leaving room to let babies die.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Let babies die? You mean like most miscarried babies that are born, survive for a few hours, and are allowed to pass without any state-mandated medical heroics made in an attempt to save them? Where’s the “pro-life” outrage over that? Where’s the agitation for laws requiring doctors to take extraordinary (and futile) measures to save extremely premature babies born in the course of a miscarried pregnancy?

Didn’t social “conservative” hero Rick Santorum have some weepy story about how his family brought home their miscarried baby to play dress-up? Shouldn’t it have been hooked up to a ventilator or something during its final hours?

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Sentient guns that can destroy a whole city? More magic!

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Science is not formed by majority. I understand you not being familiar with science would be confused.

The point of the argument which you conveniently completely ignored and decided to go off track was that science is much more hated among conservatives since majority of them avoid it as a career path.

There is on the other hand the concept of peer review. While you would be saying “bible says it so that’s all I need to hear” in scientific community when someone arrives at a conclusion, others are free to review the work done, the results achieved and make up their own mind. Basically there is no “word of suspiciously absent god”.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Years ago, I heard Gregg Cunningham ponder the connection between homosexuality, abortion, and the human genome project. It’s not a new hypothesis, though I wonder how many pro-choice, gay-activists have adequately considered it. No matter what your view of homosexuality, it’s almost certain that if a biological predisposition to homosexuality could be isolated and identified in the womb, huge numbers of babies would be aborted for no other reason than because they might be gay–just as countless babies are aborted today because they might have Down syndrome or might be a girl.

Feminists championed the abortion revolution 40 years ago, and now abortion is wiping out women across the globe. Planned Parenthood has long enjoyed the support of the GLBTA as they jointly seek to throw off established social mores. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the homosexual community was to someday find itself targeted by this same institution? And this raises an important question. If it’s wrong to abort a baby for being a girl or being gay or having Down syndrome, shouldn’t it be wrong to abort a baby, period? It seems obvious, but you can’t have it both ways. [emphasis added]

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Desperate, aren’t you?

That was so insane and dislocated I’m not even going to try writing to it.

Go where your head leads you, Armin.

I simply thank God I’m not like you.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I failed the argument and have nothing more to say. I will now quit with rage.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM

FYFY.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

y to play dress-up?

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

In the end it is clear. You’re one unhappy ugly soul.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I’m an atheist. Seeing a lefty try to claim the mantle of “science” in the context of abortion is absolutely laughable.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Conservatives don’t hate science. But nice try.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM

In the end it is clear. You’re one unhappy ugly soul.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

The more I deal with liberals and their insanity and evil, the less I understand them.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM

God created science.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Desperate, aren’t you?

That was so insane and dislocated I’m not even going to try writing to it.

Go where your head leads you, Armin.

I simply thank God I’m not like you.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

In the end it is clear. You’re one unhappy ugly soul.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You folks are very, very good at judging others and not so good at making and defending your arguments.

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

So much straw. You’re as dishonest as the millenia is long.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Great. Now you debate like a 5 year old.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Maybe I should comment on your spelling.

*I see I struck a nerve.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Wear it.

To all – remember, Armin thinks Chris Dorner is a hero.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Armin you know you live a sad little life. That is so evident.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:55 PM

God created science.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I debate!

God created the Universe.

Science is Man’s try to get a clue.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

In the end it is clear. You’re one unhappy ugly soul.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

So is lester.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

So lester, please explain the scientific difference between a fetus at 20 weeks and one at 24 weeks. Remember, in your worldview, one is “human,” one is not.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

In the end it is clear. You’re one unhappy ugly soul.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

So is lester.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

It is clear. Crystal. They come here to spread their unhappiness.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I’m not going to do your homework for you.

But then again I doubt you could read or understand those “funny looking sideways letters” anyway.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

You don’t because you can’t because those polls don’t exist. You might find some relief at UnskewedAbortionPolls.com though.

lester, it’s time for your violin lesson! on April 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM

But polling does exist showing that overall, American’s support for abortion isn’t as nearly widespread as you believe.

Most recent (3 weeks ago) NBC Poll shows that among all Americans, only 26% say abortion should always be legal. And only 19% more say it should be legal “most of the time”. But 42% say abortion should be illegal except in cases of rape or incest or to save a mother’s life, with another 10% saying it should always be illegal.

BTW that 26% who say abortion should always be legal is a 5 point drop from the same poll 3 months ago. So your side is, indeed, now starting to see popular support for your Religion erode.

H-

Del Dolemonte on April 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

weaselyone on April 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Yes, lester’s already said the unwanted baby is an imaginary human.

My wife and I are blessed that are two adopted children went from unwanted to wanted faster than they could go from unwanted to aborted.

rukiddingme on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

God created science.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Does that include the way the female body spontaneously aborts fertilized eggs (i.e. “human beings”)? That doesn’t seem very pro-life of him. In fact, that seems less like the handiwork of an intelligent creator who reveres all life, no matter how small, and more like an evolutionary mechanism forged over the course of untold millions of years of genetic trial-and-error.

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Argument isn’t always necessary, though YOU like to argue.

Personally, I’m content to leave you to yourself.

The only reason we end up ‘arguing’ with you is because YOU imposed youself on us. Everything was fine before you.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Lester knows a fetus at 20 weeks isn’t human because his God, Barack Obama, told him so.

Science is useless next to Obama’s proclamations from on high.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

So you are ok with it if I come over and snip your neck?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

No and I will call the cops on you. You’d be lucky if they get you before the dogs.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Dinner was ‘yum,’ according to himself : )

So, lester doesn’t care a wit about children, he merely cares about his self. Okay, that explains a lot. Thanks for clearing that up, les.

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM

God created science.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I debate!

God created the Universe.

Science is Man’s try to get a clue.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I yield.

But: “Science (from Latin scientia, meaning ‘knowledge)”

A bit of equivocation on my part.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

More straw. You’re good at that.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

So you are ok with it if I come over and snip your neck?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Probably lives only with dogs. Cannot imagine a “real human” living with that.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

what i don’t get is why conservatives are wasting so much time on this issue

this is a losing issue

this is a pointless issue

abortion does not affect me one iota

it does not solve the nation’s deficit/debt problems

it does not solve the terrorism risk that our country faces

we should not be wasting our time on this pointless debate

keep harping on this issue and you’ll be guaranteeing democratic dominance in the elections

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Is this diatribe any worth of reading pages back?

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

God did not create things the way they are to fit your notion of the way things should be.

He created things to be the way they are to fit His purposes.

I assume you know better than God.

(Clever trap. Nice try.)

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

No God…no religion….no bible….no accountability to anyone, please then tell me , would Lester and his scientific theories convince us that abortion was acceptable, good, normal, and right!! No Lester absolutely positively NOT.

justonevictory on April 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Of course in your world, a baby screaming is an imaginary human.

If you’d like, we’ll proclaim you an imaginary human too so no one will hear your voice complain.

rukiddingme on April 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Seriously? Have you even gone to a public school?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I yield.

But: “Science (from Latin scientia, meaning ‘knowledge)”

A bit of equivocation on my part.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I wasn’t trying to truly debate, David.

I have been a student of the Sciences all my life. After I became a Believer, I saw things in a new light. The intricacies of the physical universe took on a whole new meaning to me.

Just a leaf — a simple leaf — held something new.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Probably lives only with dogs. Cannot imagine a “real human” living with that.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

He probably doesn’t have any dogs.
With all the crap he spewed, that lie would add to the pile. :)

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

we dont live in fantasy land

partisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

We don’t, Spacely. You do.

Del Dolemonte on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

The natural world kills things all the time, but it would be foolish to argue that killing is OK by this logic.

It’s entirely reasonable to ask what kind of a being would permit these things to happen, but that is a different question.

rightmind on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I care not one whit what it will cost. I will continue to my last breath to champion the cause of innocent unborn babies and oppose those that would by their action or inaction advocate for their murders.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM

After I became a Believer, I saw things in a new light.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

did God call to you? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Obama is lucky he was born before 1973.
His mama was the poster girl for birth control. An ancient Sandra Fluke,

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

what i don’t get is why conservatives are wasting so much time on this issue

this is a losing issue

this is a pointless issue

abortion does not affect me one iota

it does not solve the nation’s deficit/debt problems

it does not solve the terrorism risk that our country faces

we should not be wasting our time on this pointless debate

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Are you serious?

Abortion affects all U.S. citizens.

More abortions – more illegals needed to import.

More illegals – more terrorism risk.

Keep ‘harping on this issue and you’ll be guaranteeing’ more terrorism on American soil.

Do you live in Hawaii?

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

also, a large portion of abortions are done by poor minorities

these babies if born would likely be on welfare

so abortion is actually economically beneficial as it reduces the welfare society in a sense

also, given the state of unemployment, our country can’t afford to have more and more people

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Fact: There were 159.4 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1940.

Fact: There were 16.5 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1950.

Fact: There were 5.1 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1960.

Fact: There were 3.7 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1970.

Fact: There were 3.2 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1980.

Fact: There were 3.4 workers for each Social Security recipient in 1990.

Fact: There were 3.4 workers for each Social Security recipient in 2000.

Fact: There were 3.3 workers for each Social Security recipient in 2005.

Fact: There were only 1.75 full-time private-sector workers in the United States in 2011 for each person receiving benefits from Social Security, according to data from the Bureau of Labour Statistics and the Social Security board of trustees.

How has this decline impacted Americans?

Fact: The average senior receives in Social Security about a third of what the average worker makes.

Fact: In 1940, the average worker had to pay only 0.2% of his salary to sustain the seniors of his time.

Fact: In 1950, the average worker had to pay only 2% of his salary to sustain the seniors of his time.

Fact: In 2011, the average worker has to pay 11% of his salary to sustain the seniors of his time.

What will future workers pay, EVEN IF THE POPULATION REMAINS STABLE?

Projection: In 2031, the average worker will have to pay 17% of his salary to sustain the seniors of his time. This is a staggering sum, considering that it is apart from all the other taxes he pays to sustain other functions of government, such as Medicare, whose costs are exploding.

Projection: By 2020, every penny in tax revenues taken in by the US Treasury will be consumed by Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and debt service, the latter of which will amount to $1 trillion alone.

Projection: When today’s college students reach retirement (about 2054), Social Security alone will require a 16.6% payroll tax, one-third greater than today’s rate, according to the non-partisan Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform.

Projection: When Medicare Part A is included, the payroll tax burden will rise to 25.7% – more than one of every four dollars workers will earn that year.

Projection: If Medicare Part B (physician services) and Part D are included, the total Social Security/Medicare burden will climb to 37% of payroll by 2054 – one in three dollars of taxable payroll, and twice the size of today’s payroll tax burden, according to the non-partisan Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform.

Projection: More than one-third of the wages workers earn in 2054 will need to be committed to pay benefits promised under current law. That is before any bridges or highways are built and before any teachers’ or police officers’ salaries are paid.

Projection: By 2030, about the midpoint of the baby boomer retirement years, the Medicare will require nearly half of all income tax dollars, according to the non-partisan Peterson-Pew Commission on Budget Reform.

Projection: By 2060, Social Security and Medicare will require nearly three out of four income tax dollars

Obviously, this is unsustainable…and we know where it leads. Four decades ago, white Europeans began to decide that they just couldn’t be bothered to have children. Of course, someone was going to be needed to pay the taxes that support the luxurious safety net to which those white Europeans believed they were entitled. So, they “imported” their “children” from the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. Unfortunately, this entire “solution” blew up in their faces when they realised that their “children” found that they much preferred to join them in the welfare hammock. As a result, the welfare state expanded greatly…and the tax base continued to lag behind. I call this “suicide by demographics.”

thats why china is doing well by limiting population growth…or else they would be phucked

Two points, simpleton…

First, THIS is what China’s One Child Policy looks like, toots…

One Child, One Evil

Secondly, my sweet, sweet, simple child…

A. China has 119 men for every 100 women. Any student of history knows where that leads.

B. China is in the midst of a demographic crisis with a declining workforce that may take a century to resolve. (More links to follow in next post)

C. China is rethinking its One Child Policy after a Government Think Tank Urges Country’s Leaders To Start Phasing Out Policy Immediately

Seriously, you are one of the most naive, ignorant, least-informed person or a combination thereof people that I have ever had the misfortune of debating. I say ‘misfortune’ because I feel terribly bad for you. It is though you are living in the early 1990s or something.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Now…what about that proof about China? Or are you just spewing again honey?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

YOU harp on everything liberal.

If anyone is going to lecture us, YOU aren’t able to be the one to do it.

Really — YOU would fvck up blowing out the candles on your own birthday cake.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Good for you. Not all women would want to go through many months of knowing they will give to a baby only so it dies in their arms. That’s why the law gives the woman the right to choose.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I have no sympathy for any women who get abortions. It’s not a matter of sympathy but a right they have. I am in no place to take their right away. I am not a fan of abortion either, neither am I a fan of guns or a fan or WBC. They do all have rights good or bad that need protection.

If Pro-lifers were result rather than ideology driven, they would get much more out of trying to push sex-ed and contraception rather than banning abortions. Ironically they are the often the ones trying to ban or limit all three. Top teen pregnancy rates in states:

1. Mississippi – 64/1,000

2. New Mexico – 61/1,000

3. Texas – 61/1,000

4. Arkansas – 60/1,000

5. Oklahoma – 58/1,000

6. Arizona – 54/1,000

7. Louisiana – 54/1,000

8. Kentucky 53/1,000

9. Tennessee – 52/1,000

10. South Carolina – 51/1,000

See a pattern?

I appreciate your personal experience and it’s exactly why nobody should be able to force you to not have the baby the same way nobody should be able to force you to have the baby.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Great, nonpartisan is an antireligionist too. This could be interesting.

To clarify, an antireligionist has a similar pathology as a sexist or racist. It does not refer to atheists or agnostics who get along with believers.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

After I became a Believer, I saw things in a new light.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

did God call to you? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

So, npee, who are all those Christians who told you they heard from God?

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Perhaps the congress should take up a bill to deport all illegals to Hawaii.

I hear there’s a whole lotta land there to accept them.

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

hey, its not underpopulation thats the problem

its lack of jobs

having more people would just mean higher unemployment and more people on welfare

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Well done.

nonpartisan has nothing but verbal diarrhea.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Explain to me the eye and it’s evolution.

Better yet, lets talk Sir Francis Crick and his contribution to the world, and what he said that never gets any airtime by the left.

Science is a double-edged sword, so we need to be careful when using it to kill an argument.

BTW, I am a libertarian and a catholic, and I can reconcile both of those things very nicely.

MarshFox on April 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

See a pattern?

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Lots of blacks and Latinos that vote Democratic?

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Armin Tamzarian on April 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM

TO PLAY DRESSUP!?

You are as foul a piece of trash as I have ever seen on the internet.

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Quote all the statistics you want.

NOTHING gives YOU or POLITICIANS the RIGHT to DEMAND We, who do NOT abort to FORCE us to pay for YOUR SINS.

Pay for them yourselves, and answer to the same.

Can you, lester, at least agree with that?

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

what i don’t get is why conservatives are wasting so much time on this issue

this is a losing issue

this is a pointless issue

abortion does not affect me one iota

it does not solve the nation’s deficit/debt problems

it does not solve the terrorism risk that our country faces

we should not be wasting our time on this pointless debate

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Too bad you and your girl, pester’s, moms didn’t make that choice.
The world would be a better place.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

did God call to you? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

No. It was the usual way God works: I paused a moment to listen to a Christian telling me things I did not know before.

Then, I felt need to make a personal decision based on that, based on something lovely, new, and fresh.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

You are as foul a piece of trash as I have ever seen on the internet.

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Armin’s just a sad person. The really unhappy people are easy to spot.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I yield.

But: “Science (from Latin scientia, meaning ‘knowledge)”

A bit of equivocation on my part.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I wasn’t trying to truly debate, David.

Just a leaf — a simple leaf — held something new.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I understand. No offense was at all taken. And what you said about humans trying to get a clue is exactly right.

I studied botany, and as I looked through the microscope and saw the cells and the cell organelle that only solidified my “religious motives.”

We, and the entire universe, are fearfully and wonderfully made.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

H-

Del Dolemonte on April 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

The further breakdown of that poll shows that the erosion is among younger voters.

Similar to the gay marriage issue.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

hey, its not underpopulation thats the problem

its lack of jobs

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Something sensible out of you for once. So why the hell aren’t we limiting immigration since the people already here are going begging for min-wage monkey jobs.

MelonCollie on April 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

did God call to you? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

The other day it was mocking Christians that it said told itself God spoke to them.

I’ve been trying since then to get it to tell me who they are.

(I think it made it up.)

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Great. Now you debate like a 5 year old.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I’m surprised you didn’t FTFY and replace my comment with your own text. Must have struck something.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

We, and the entire universe, are fearfully and wonderfully made.

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

My guitar teacher, a med student, gave me his old 300X microscope. And he taught me how to make my own slides. It was may favorite ‘toy’!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

MelonCollie on April 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

we should be limiting immigration. and the illegals who work here should be made to pay taxes.

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Similar to the gay marriage issue.

tetriskid on April 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Easy. Post the breakdown then. And then the breakdown over a long period of time (2 decades or so). That would be the trend.

You can’t though, since you made it up.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Nope.
But nice try, sad person with a dark soul.
You’ve been here for 5 hours vomiting your diarrhea to a community that’s overwhelming pro-life.
At the end of the day you have to live with yourself.
You must hate that, I suppose.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I’ve been trying since then to get it to tell me who they are.

(I think it made it up.)

davidk on April 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I do believe God speaks directly on occasion. Most times, He’s quite more subtle about it. Either way, He gets His point across.

I thank God I got His point.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Quote all the statistics you want.

Pay for them yourselves, and answer to the same.

Can you, lester, at least agree with that?

jersey taxpayer on April 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Why should those against war pay for your “SIN”? Why should Scientologist tax money go to Psychology, whether study or practice? Why should proponents of green energy pay oil subsidies?

I will agree with that the moment every single American can decide on what items every single tax dollar they contribute is spent. I’m not kidding, I will fully 100% support this.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

did God call to you? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Here is a new one for you: The Bible is NOT for unbelievers.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013

Funny that Hong Kong has nearly 6500 people per square mile while Somalia has 11, yes eleven.

Where would you want to live?

Things are not as simple as you think.

So telling.I am not surprised you have not backed your claim about China….you never back up anything.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

You know why Pester and Partisan have no issues with abortion?
They have absolutely no reason to care because you have to procreate to use PP.
Their appearances and personalities alone guarantee they won’t ever need their services.

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Nope.
But nice try, sad person with a dark soul.
At the end of the day you have to live with yourself.
You must hate that, I suppose.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I’m sorry you were forced to not only read but consistently respond to my comments. If only there was a way you could avoid that.

Life is just that unfair sometimes.

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Lester

you have to live with yourself.
You must hate that, I suppose.

22044 on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

When he’s here he doesn’t have to live with those thoughts in his head.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

lester on April 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Lester, it wasn’t my ‘choice’ really. She was a human being. I had no right to kill her.

As for pregnancy rates, I can also point to the abortion rates in cities like New York where more than half of all pregnancies are terminated.

Abortion is not the answer to pregnancy rates. Education, maturity, and contraception are….in other words, PREVENTION. I don’t look at abortion as a form of contraception and, unfortunately, far too many do.

My problem with most pro-choice people is that they refuse to admit the obvious: The ONLY difference between two six-month foetuses in a waiting room may solely depend upon the wishes of the mums. The woman next to me, whose ‘foetus’ was at the exact same gestational age as my unborn child, alone could determine whether to leave pregnant or not. Our unborn babies were the same. The only difference between them were the intentions of their mothers.

So, let’s just be frank: We aren’t talking about a ‘collection of cells.’ We are talking about a human life. The question is whether some human life is more equal than others. And, if the answer to that is ‘yes,’ then where do we draw the line? Because, you see, at that point, I sort of see Kermit Gosnell’s point. If he could snip the spinal cord of a ‘foetus’ as long as its pinky toenail was bitterly clinging to its mum’s ‘lady parts,’ then why can’t he snip it once that tissue-thin nail gives way?

The same with the case of the Texas man that I presented earlier that kicked his girlfriend in the stomach or Danny Ray Poplin, who plunged a knife into his girlfriend’s stomach. Why should Danny Ray Poplin’s girlfriend only have the right to decide whether the child lives or dies? Sure, charge him with assault with a deadly weapon for the attack on his girlfriend. Or, let’s assume that he waits until she gives birth and then kills the baby immediately after it is born. If she could have killed it 5 minutes before, why can’t he kill it 5 minutes later? They are both the parents. Couldn’t the father make an equal protection argument relative to the right to choose?

Yes, I am being blue book theoretical, but what the hell…

Resist We Much on April 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

President Jackass

long_cat on April 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I thank God I got His point.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

davidk does not belive me when I said some christians claim god speaks to them

and hes been hounding me ever since

hope this shuts him up :)

nonpartisan on April 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM

RovesChins on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

So true-that includes Armin…and besides prostitutes make them use rubbers on that rare coital event.

CW on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM