Video: Has Jason Mattera … nuked the fridge?

posted at 12:41 pm on April 25, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

People know that Jason Mattera of Talk Radio Network is a good friend of mine, and that I’m a big fan of his snarky and confrontational videos. This time, however, Jason may have made one sequel too many, and taken on someone who is just too beloved to harass.  Yes, in taking on Indiana Jones, my brother Jason may have indeed nuked the fridge.

Or perhaps it’s the other way around.  Harrison Ford cut an odd PSA for an environmental group likening deforestation and climate change to … chest waxing. It’s odd not just for the analogy and demonstration of personal deforestation — which, in case Ford isn’t aware, is more popular than ever — but also because of Ford’s own passion for flying.  Jason, who actually is a big fan of Ford’s, recalled an interview in which Ford claimed to fly occasionally to get a cheeseburger, which is a bit much on the carbonburger scale for someone lecturing us through a chest wax.

Jason asks Ford about this, but most of us probably don’t care about Ford’s answer.  What we really want to know is the answer to another question Jason manages to sneak in – ”Did Shia LaBoeuf ruin Indiana Jones IV?”

Ford didn’t answer that question … but his driver did. Consensus!  Be sure to stick around for Jason’s explanation of why he chose to highlight Ford’s hypocrisy, and how Ford can really tackle carbon emissions.

Besides, no one’s impressed with chest waxing unless it produces a cool visual effect (very much NSFW):

And just a reminder — Indiana Jones really likes flying:

Comments

I can’t listen to what he says for watching his obvious false uppers. He sounds like he’s wearing some plastic covers over them or something.

avagreen on April 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Maybe Ford and principled anti-capitalist George “Ewoks” Lucas can figure out a way to explain their hypocrisy together.

beatcanvas on April 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

As we all on the blog know, liberal and hypocrite can be seamlessly interchanged these days. I also fly my airplane for the 100 dollar hamburger, but I don’t complain about other people’s carbon burning habits. Of course, Al Core is the consummate hypocrite.

Deano1952 on April 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

“Did Shia LaBoeuf ruin Indiana Jones IV?”

That, and the script.

The Rogue Tomato on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Did Shia LaBoeuf ruin Indiana Jones IV?

YES! YES! YES!

My kids and I figured it out. The “New Indy” should have been Short Round (the only reason to watch “Temple”) all grown up and following in Indy’s footsteps as an archaeologist. THAT would have been awesome.

29Victor on April 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I’m no Shia LaPoof fan, but he did not ruin Indy IV. The blame for that lies with the script, the overuse of CGI, the movie being shot primarily in Hawaii instead of anywhere abroad, and the lousy villains. Be honest, plug any A-list talent young actor in the role of Indy’s kid instead of LaPoof and does the movie really end up being any better when that guy has to swing through the jungle alongside CGI monkeys?

Doughboy on April 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Shia came across as a lame Fonzi rather than the 1950s bad boy they wanted. The other thing was the lame dead aliens coming back to life. I could deal with the whole alien skull thing but having them sitting there dead and waiting for the skulls of their buddies to be returned so they could come back to life was a bit much. I guess the flying fridge was also over the top but, my only real thought was, how did he open the latched door from the inside? Also why would they have a radiation proof fridge that was just going to get blasted away leaving little to study afterwards?

Dr. Frank Enstine on April 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Doughboy on April 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I agree. I don’t care for Shia myself, but he definitely did not ruin the film. Karen Allen was more of a drag than he was, Shia had a couple good scenes with Indy until he started swinging from vines.

Daemonocracy on April 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

So some dumb actor who shows up wasted on talk shows got confronted. Whoopee. Not sure what this accomplishes in any way.

Get back to Capitol Hill, Jason. That’s where the real juicy fights are waiting.

MadisonConservative on April 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Jason, talk to the FBI.

They were ambushed by Obama/Holder’s judge and two lawyers, less than 24 hours into the investigation. This is big news.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I wanna see Nancy Pelosi get chest waxed or maybe DWS get that poodle on her head waxed.
Harrison Ford is a tool. Chewbacca had the balls in that relationship.

RovesChins on April 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Shia didn’t ruin Indiana Jones IV…George Lucas and the script are what ruined Indiana Jones IV. Harrison Ford did a fine job, as well he could, with the ridiculous plot and crap characters.

Sammo21 on April 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM

LOL. I love JM’s in-your-face videos. More please.

WhatSlushfund on April 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM

And Boomtown’s fresh out of lead-lined fridges for Ford to duck into.

Steve Eggleston on April 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM