Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

It has become an awkward ritual of the modern presidency that the current occupant of the Oval Office is called upon to deliver a generous historical judgment of the previous one. With the opening of each new presidential library, the members of the world’s most exclusive fraternity put aside partisan differences to honor the shared experience of running the nation in difficult times.

The task in such moments is especially acute when, as with Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush, the current and previous presidents come from opposing parties and such different sensibilities. The incumbent must hit grace notes without appearing inconsistent with past criticism or, worse, hypocritical. Sometimes a president goes through the motions, dutifully reading what aides put before him. Other times, library dedications have become bonding moments when presidents genuinely grow closer…

Kenneth Khachigian, a chief speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan, said there was a formula: “If you’re a speechwriter, you can write a really nice speech about how Americans can fight and disagree and debate, but at the end of the day we’re all Americans and we have the same goals, and I’ve learned that anybody who sits in this office really at the end of the day has the best interest of everyone at heart.”

***

For Mr. Bush, 66, who spent the last four years listening in silence as his successor faulted his leadership, this was an emotional day. Bathed in the admiration of a friendly crowd and enjoying a modest resurgence of public appreciation in recent surveys, he choked up as he finished speaking and wiped tears from his eyes after sitting down.

While critics have fumed about what they called the whitewashing of his record in the media blitz leading up to the library dedication, many Americans have been reminded about aspects of Mr. Bush they once liked. Advisers said they hoped the moment would help history draw a fuller picture.

“It’s never been about presenting him,” said Nicolle Wallace, who worked on Mr. Bush’s re-election campaign and in the White House. “It’s been about revealing him.”

***

Obama chose to focus on a powerful symbolic moment—“the incredible strength and resolve that came through that bullhorn as he stood amid the rubble and the ruins of Ground Zero, promising to deliver justice to those who had sought to destroy our way of life.” It was one of the many artful ways he circumvented mention of a war he called “dumb” before it had even started.

The Democratic speeches were short, which was helpful, given the huge chunks of Bush’s presidency they have sharply critiqued and, in Obama’s case, run against twice. All three congratulated Bush on the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief that has saved so many lives. Carter also thanked him for keeping a promise to help resolve a conflict in Sudan. Clinton, who handed Bush a nation with a hard-won budget surplus and saw it fall into fiscal disarray, said he’d limit himself to areas “beyond controversy”—and mentioned, in addition to AIDS, Bush’s immigration efforts and post-presidential humanitarian work…

The most expansive comments about Bush were those Obama and Clinton offered about his personality: unpretentious, direct, and disarming. “To know the man is to like the man,” Obama said.

***

***

***

“We expanded freedom at home by raising standards in schools and lowering taxes for everybody. We liberated nations from dictatorship and freed people from AIDS,” he said.

And he added, alluding to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, “when our nation came under attack we made the tough decisions required to keep the American people safe,” he said.

“My deepest conviction – the guiding principle of the administration – is that the United States of America must strive to expand the reach of freedom,” he declared. Freedom, he said, “sustains dissidents bound by chains, believers huddled in underground churches and voters who risk their lives to cast their ballot.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

The aim is to make the USA into one of them…and they proceed, apace, with the help of both parties. The Rs are more derelict than the Ds. They enable the latter.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

1 Fudge Brownie Sundae coming right up. Who ordered the stewed tomatoes? We don’t have strewed tomatoes.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

alt, I’m so proud of you!!!

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

Goodnight, Paladin. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Who ordered the stewed tomatoes? We don’t have strewed tomatoes.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Fire roasted will do.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

In blending the people and the cultures of this nation and those of Mexico, Central and South America, the first step is taken to ‘blending’ these nations into a ‘trade group’ of nation states… much like … THE EU.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM

The ultimate aim is a ‘united world’.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Whao. I got a page-3-full-moon Bishop.

You know what that means. I’m gonna have good luck for the next 12 hours with no omens or harbingers of portents hangin over my head.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Liberals have sold their country down the road.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Rs, with amnesty, and the constant influx, will finish her off.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Rs, with amnesty, and the constant influx, will finish her off.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Yes, they will. Saddest is that they think they’re not doing it. Rubio is deluded, and many will follow him without knowing until it’s too late.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

They’re doing everything they can to make that go away. The LSM are after that, too.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I think the revelations about welfare funded jihad have trigerred Hussein to shut Joker up , he can’t have anything that reminds people about his own drunkel and moochaunty.

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Fire roasted will do.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Ok magistrate. I’ll start a fire but I want an exception from all arsonist charges.

1 Fire Roasted package of Tomatoes coming right up.

The package is fire roasted but not the tomatoes. (:

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

BTW – I’ve a bootleg of Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band performing an incredible version of that song in a little club in New Jersey the day that “Born To Run” was released and he went on tour to support it…..before most of the rest of the country knew who he was and before he became kind of a jerk…….Great version!

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 1:36 AM

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Everything with the Boston bombings is now about protecting Obama and protecting Islam. We keep hearing about ‘right wing backlash against Moslems’, but that has never happened.

It’s CYA now, for Obama.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Nice, and never to worry. No need to write about it. Not gay, never will be, unless Obama leaves, which would make me a bit happy…the old meaning of gay.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Y’all need to Chill Out!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM

They just opened a hundred-year time capsule in Oklahoma. Here’s photos of what was inside.

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Very nice. You see and hear about the coolest stuff here on HA.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Obama is the worst preznit ever.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Have Gun

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m of mixed emotions; I had intended to do same, but the thought that my name is therefore on a list, in a database, that can (as other states have) shared it with the feds… well, not 100% comfortable with that.

Midas on April 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Oh, yeah. If you don’t get that concealed carry license, the feds will never know that you’ve got a gun. /s/

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Very cool. That Edison Gramophone is gorgeous!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

That is one fantastic link, bluefox. Thanks for sharing.
Okay … how much will anyone bid on this lovely, nearly “mint condition” Edison Gramophone ?

(I don’t even want to fathom a guess)

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

if i squint, obama and bush look like identical twins.

renalin on April 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Time for a visit to your optometrist.

Solaratov on April 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

What kind of wood is that gramophone cover made of?

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I’m a serious history buff. Going to Williamsburg, VA was almost a religious experience.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I think that would be an experience. Some of my family members went a few years ago and brought back pictures and some sent email pics. Virginia is somewhere I’ve always wanted to go.

I was doing some searching for someone and came across a site that had a lot of history for different periods. I’ll look for it and post it in a few minutes. You may already know of it, but just in case.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM

It’s CYA now, for Obama.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I shudder to even imagine what Hussein has planned for the next week , to wipe off this Boston thing from the media ?

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

NY Times to roll out new products in search of revenue

Why don’t they try news gathering, writing and reporting.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I walked the streets of the Fathers, being where they had been.

I ate in George Washington’s favorite restaurant, the building never having been changed for 200 years. They didn’t serve a Colonial meal (dagnabbit!) but I might have sat in the same room he did.

the House of Burgesses was rebuilt, but the tour guide gave out cards with famous words spoken there. My daughter and I happened to each get one, and we recited those powerful statements where they had been first spoken. My baby and I both got into it.

If you love American history, Williamsburg is a place to be.

Virginia is beautiful. Until I went down there, I never had a Virginia wine. I didn’t even know Virginia produced wine. If you like a white wine, a Virginia is the best! It seems a perfect blend between sweet and dry, and will wet your whistle if your thirsty.

That vacation was tons of fun!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Politicians patting each other on the back as the nation falls to pieces thanks to their incompetence and delusions.

How frikkin’ charming.

profitsbeard on April 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

You are becoming highly quotable. I believe it was you who also said “The Rubio Jihad: Death to America by Pressure Cooker” earlier in the day.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM

The ultimate aim is a ‘united world’.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Nonsense ! … What makes you think we’re headed for a “united world”?
BTW, here’s a link to their “Constitution”.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Until real-world matters become too serious to contain, golf is on the itinerary.

If he can’t go out to the course, he’ll be in the Oral Orifice practicing with his putz.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Nonsense ! … What makes you think we’re headed for a “united world”?
BTW, here’s a link to their “Constitution”.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Ummmm…The Book of Revelation…? ~wry grin~

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Have Gun

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I just bought the whole series, 225 episodes, online for $23.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM

I just bought the whole series, 225 episodes, online for $23.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Most important: Did you pay sales tax on that?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

That vacation was tons of fun!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM

It sounds like it would be so awesome. I heard they have people that dress up in Colonial dress and even talk how they did! Someone said Christmas time is so beautiful. Also, the Church and the pews that George Washington sat in and his very seat.

Here is the link to that site that I mentioned:

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Here is the link to that site that I mentioned:

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

In many places, people are in Period dress.

One place had a windmill in need of repair. Well, they were hewing the log they needed to do it by hand — like back then.

In another place, archeologists were doing a dig on the basement of another old building. We couldn’t get close, but I was a little jealous wondering what they might find.

Thanks for the link!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM

That is one fantastic link, bluefox. Thanks for sharing.

(I don’t even want to fathom a guess)

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Glad everyone seems to enjoy seeing it. I have no idea the worth of that Gramophone. I saw the other more “modern” phone too, with the earpiece on the side.

Maybe the Antique Road Show would know values. I think everything is going into the Museum there.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM

What kind of wood is that gramophone cover made of?

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

It didn’t say. I’m just guessing perhaps Cherry. I suppose if one knew the history of it, where it came from etc would help. Something to research maybe:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Nonsense ! … What makes you think we’re headed for a “united world”?
BTW, here’s a link to their “Constitution”.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Ummmm…The Book of Revelation…? ~wry grin~

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Book of Revelation ? … What are you, some kind of “bitter clinging Bible thumper ?”

BTW, here’s a short (4 min) video by the current President of the WCPA, Dr Glen T Martin.

He just “lets it all hang out”.

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

What kind of wood is that gramophone cover made of?

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I’m tempted to say it’s ‘morning’ wood, and it will do best getting a good shellacking. Especially if it’s cherry.

But I won’t say it. ;-)

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Yes, thanks be to God. ~S~

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:03 AM

In many places, people are in Period dress.

Thanks for the link!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Now you’ve got me wanting to go. Summer is too hot tho:-) Family said you need a week or so to see it all.

I wonder what they found when digging.

I’ve always liked American History, Revolution, Civil War etc. Traced my ancestors and the earliest I’ve found so far is a birth around 1775-76. Then I hit a brick wall. But I’ve found more info since then and might have hit the mother load:-)

Hope that link will be helpful.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Most important: Did you pay sales tax on that?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Nope and it included postage. Actually sent cash.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Nope and it included postage. Actually sent cash.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

*GASP* You didn’t pay sales tax to help the poor? What are you, one of them newfangled cun SERV a tives?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:28 AM

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Yes, thanks be to God. ~S~

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Actually . . . . . . (whispering) me too ….. but don’t tell anyone, ’cause I don’t want to be persecuted ……shhh …..

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Williamsburg is an experience. If you get chance, I recommend it.

For Civil War, Fredricksburg is a good stop. I got the shock of my life seeing that stone wall, then Mary’s Knoll behind it. It’s a cemetery now. Never before did I ever see a grave marker that was just a number and not bearing a name.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Have Gun Will Travel – Super deal – $17 + $6 postage/handling

Was a little suspicious (sent actual cash) but got it in a week and have already gone through about 75 episodes.

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Christians are never persecuted. They’re only being ‘enlightened’.

Love,
The Left

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Have Gun Will Travel – Super deal – $17 + $6 postage/handling

VorDaj on April 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Not a bad deal at all!

Were I to buy old TV series, I’d go with Combat!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Nitey nite all … beddy byes time ….. (actually, well past it)

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM

But I won’t say it. ;-)

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I know it’s late, but I’m still awake. However, “morning” wood isn’t in my knowledge base, LOL

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Then we can both forget I mentioned it when I refuse to admit I did in the first place.

Wasn’t here, didn’t do it!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Oh, I didn’t know that. But reading so much about the Civil War, it would make sense in a way.

My G.G. was injured at Antietam but survived.

Well, way past my bedtime. Nice chatting:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

My G.G. was injured at Antietam but survived.

Well, way past my bedtime. Nice chatting:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Sleep well!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Wasn’t here, didn’t do it!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Good, my brain is too tired anyway:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:49 AM

My G.G. was injured at Antietam but survived.

Well, way past my bedtime. Nice chatting:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Nine men bearing my family name died at Andersonville Prison, GA.

That’s why no liberal can tell me I ‘owe’ a single thing.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM

listens2glenn on April 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM

‘Night. Headed that way myself.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Agenda 21, people. Agenda 21.

HiJack on April 26, 2013 at 2:53 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Nine men bearing my family name died at Andersonville Prison, GA.

That’s why no liberal can tell me I ‘owe’ a single thing.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Oh, my. I’ve read about that and it was not easy reading at all.
Hard to believe men could treat others that way.

I like to go to book stores/antique shops looking for old Biblical books or History books.

Well, I must sign off. Will check the thread tomorrow.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Sleep well!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Thanks, you too!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Oh, my. I’ve read about that and it was not easy reading at all.
Hard to believe men could treat others that way.

Well, I must sign off. Will check the thread tomorrow.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Wurtz did the best he could.

Until next!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I agree.

I saw a photo of her w/BO at event from earlier today, and her stony, glaring expression when looking at the US flag was really, really creepy. She was so uncomfortable at that event, she was rigid.

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM

I agree.

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM

There is something very wrong with her. Except for a few occasions, she’s really kept under wraps.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Obama couldn’t even let it go for one day. Typical.

I love the emotion by GWB at the end talking about America. Say what you will about his terms – that man loves this country.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

…totally agree!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

DITTO x 2.

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM

She is psychologically — certainly emotionally — retarded. That’s not a pejorative use of the word, “retarded,” it’s an academic use of it.

She appears to me and always has to be stunted emotionally, psychologically, at the age of somewhere around eight or ten: unable to understand why her self-obsession and demands for excess are unreasonable or even “wrong,” assumes her presence equals kindness by sheer fact that she’s there (so others just must be prized by that), and more.

She has an emotional-state or psychological maturity that’s stuck in limited age.

Thus, the pouting, glaring, the drama, the pressure to constantly reconstruct herself (or, actually, TO construct herself, she’s aware that she’s “unconstructed”)…

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM

She’s an ‘event’ always looking for a place to happen. The main thing about narcissists like her husband is that they are extremely fragile. Moochie, on the other hand, is plain old obnoxious. If not for other people, Moochie would be running the show.

I can’t say all what I want, but Moochie is a typical reason of why black men are considered ‘dogs’.

What man in his right mind would want to be stuck with a wife like her?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Not even 300 comments? Where are the QOTD regulars?

tommy71 on April 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Erroll Garner – Laura (1954)

Once there was music performed ‘live’ just this grand.

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 4:20 AM

Sis…who you think you’re fooling?

libfreeordie on April 26, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

She looked better after the meal. More controllable.

a capella on April 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I get it.Right now this is the #1 quote of the year.

docflash on April 26, 2013 at 6:14 AM

For all his faults, at least Boooosh was a Christian American. Now, we’re under attack. “The War Against Christianity: Our Armed Forces, The SBC, and Me” My take.

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

…pictured during the playing of the National Anthem; just couldn’t muster a hand over her heart.

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

King J-
I may not be into the SBC personally..but your post
stunned me. Unacceptable and nuts (understatement).
Thank you.

The posters here give me so much info..no one else seems inclined to report.
Are they blocked from any “religious” muslim sites? You know?
Well said- good job!

bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 AM

bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Thank you so very much. I have a buddy who is an Army Reservist. It is just the sites who oppose the current administration, who are blocked.

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Being self employed..and out of Corporate/Govt culture which demanded I say
seasons greeting..happy holidays..not wearing my cross in full view or sysmbols in my cube. ect..

Now I say merry Christmas, wear what I want- say and do what I want.
While clients mail me- “Happy Holidays B9(not be B9-u get it)
I return with Merry Christmas!!
Dude offended by my Halloween pot luck..fun party when moral was down at the at corporation- offended because it went against his 7 day Adventist beliefs..went to corporate and demanded it be changed to Harvest Party.
I said okay then…
I decorated in all fun spooky Halloween stuff anyway and a banner read Happy Harvest Party! LOL- hee hee.

I can never go back to PC utopia-control. Ever.

bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Your welcome.
I see. Even better.

bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM

ohhhhh CMS..where r u? :)
With Joe hurting your brain?
coffee clink*

bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM

EXPAND the reach of freedom….

Dog whistle for……send American troops into hellhole wars in the Middle East that politicians have no intention of winning.

…….and protecting the Saudi Royal family and the free flow of oil money into Presidential libraries and foundations of course.

PappyD61 on April 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Lourdes on April 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Filthy America-hating racist whore standing next to a guy wearing a bomber jacket merely as a fashion statement since he’s among the hicks of Texas.

Congrats you worthless parasites, you really know how to pick them.

Happy Nomad on April 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM

What man in his right mind would want to be stuck with a wife like her?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 3:52 AM

A community organizer with political aspirations. For that, you need the right kind of spouse with the abilty to pump out a couple of mini-moochers as props.

Happy Nomad on April 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Spot on again, KJ. Pretty amazing, especially when you add in stunts like GE Capital and others refusing to finance gun manufacturers. When will conservatives get organized on this level? Many do it individually but we need to band together.

indypat on April 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM

indypat on April 26, 2013 at 7:36 AM

IMO, It’s going to take something to spark revolt. Something that is the final straw. I had hopes when the rat-eared coward put women parts ahead of religious freedom and the assault on the Second Amendment. But where I really think it is going to happen is when the full force of Obamacare and tax increases hit.

Happy Nomad on April 26, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Obama’s Presidential Center has already been named:
Obama Lie-brary.

hillsoftx on April 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Well done my friend…SBC banned, Internet-bomb making sites awesome…

hillsoftx on April 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM

ITguy on April 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

As soon as I read “I call B.S. on that one!” I just knew that was you:-) Another great laying down the stats.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Thanks, bluefox. I went to bed just before you left your comemnt, so I didn’t see it until this morning.

The whole premise of the leftist media is that Democrats do good things, and Republicans do bad things. They falsely give Clinton credit for the Republican majority surpluses, and they falsely blame Bush for the FY 2008 and 2009 Democrat majority deficits.

I know you know this, but it bears repeating that:

The FY 2007 budget was signed by a Republican House, Republican Senate, and Republican President, and produced a deficit of $160.7 Billion (which was smaller than either of the deficits produced by Clinton with a Democrat controlled Congress).

AND JUST TWO YEARS LATER, the FY 2009 budget was signed by a Democrat House, Democrat Senate, and Democrat President, and produced a deficit of $1,412.7 Billion ($1.41 TRILLION)

The Democrat majorities (including then-Senator Obama) roughly tripled the annual deficit from FY 2007 to FY 2008, and then roughly tripled the annual deficit AGAIN from FY 2008 to FY 2009.

The media lies and falsely gives Clinton the credit for surpluses and falsely gives Bush the blame for Trillion dollar deficits.

I’ll end with this piece of good news…
The “Boss Emeritus” of HotAir (and Founder of Twitchy) Michelle Malkin was honored last night with the Breitbart Award

“Social media is not just for correcting false narratives, it’s for telling suppressed narratives.”

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

What a load of you-know-what.

Cleombrotus on April 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Thanks, y’all!

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Thank you so much for that link!

It’s interesting from both the perspective of what we think is important in it and the perspective of what they thought was important to put in it.

I would love to read the contents of both the printed materials and the hand written materials! It would give a first-person perspective into what life was like, and what they thought was important, in 1913 Oklahoma, USA.

I see that picture #2 shows half of a book titled:

AUGS____
Sunday Sch___

I assume it was a book used in Sunday School. They thought that was important to include, and I’d love to read it.

Message for the Oklahoma Classics Club, if it still exists.

Does modern-day political correctness allow a “Classics Club”?

They found it important to include a picture of a pastor.

I’m not one of his descendants,but I’d love to read the letter:

To the descendants of Nathan Samuel Sherman

I love how several things are sealed with wax seals. Very cool. I hope that they do their best to open the contents while minimizing the damage to the seals.

Thanks again for the link.

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

For some reason, the http://wp.me/pSio7-22C link did not work for me, but I was able to click on your name, go to your blog, and find the post there:

It would appear that it is only the Christians whom our Government wants to silence…

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Thank you. Yeah. Imagine that.

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Mission impossible for dear leader since he made his bones by blaming Bush for everything except dandruff. Did anyone notice Hil and Bil walking holding hands? They were the only couple crossing the stage in that manner.

Kissmygrits on April 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I’ll end with this piece of good news…

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Morning for me after being up so late:-) Thanks for posting that award info that Michelle M. received. Great job she does.

I like that Social Media quote, very true.

Too many like to rewrite History which is a detriment to everyone. You do a great service in exposing their lies, so kudos to you.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks again for the link.

ITguy on April 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Oh, I think that is such a great thing they did. I don’t think anything was ruined and all appears to be preserved nicely.

This site has more info and some add’l pics. You should see the size of that “chest”. It is huge!! Also what they had to do to remove it. Great article. A comment on this site said why fill the hole the chest came out of; let’s make a chest of our own. I thot that was a great idea.

Oh, a video starts automatically & loud. But you can stop it:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Will get to your site in a little bit KJ. Was doing some research on the Oklahoma 100 yr old time capsule:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Just heard that George Jones passed away. What a career he had and so many great songs and a very unique voice.

RIP George Jones

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh, a video starts automatically & loud. But you can stop it:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Oh, I just foumd out that after that motorcycle ad the video is about the opening of the chest!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Another interesting background article with a list of items in the OK Chest and some pics of 1913.

I guess I’m more of a History buff, as Liam puts it, than I thot I was:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM

WOW So let me get this straight. Our Military are fighting for what? Other Countries Freedoms, while our Government restricts theirs? Only one of those statements can be true and it’s the latter one.

I hope Fox and the SBC, along with AFA get to the bottom of this transparent usurping of our Military’s Constitutional Rights.

Thanks KJ, for your insight and for bringing this to our attention.

Someone needs to be held accountable and lift this transparent discrimination.

I agree with bazil9 on April 26, 2013 at 6:56 AM also.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thank you!

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thank you!

kingsjester on April 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Y.W. I can’t find anything on this. Checked Fox, C4P, CNS & Breitbart. Townhall seems to have it, but they have those aggravating ad overlays that you can’t delete! You evidently have to click on them and I don’t intend to. Maybe it’s too soon for your news to hit. Maybe you have an exclusive:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM