Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

It has become an awkward ritual of the modern presidency that the current occupant of the Oval Office is called upon to deliver a generous historical judgment of the previous one. With the opening of each new presidential library, the members of the world’s most exclusive fraternity put aside partisan differences to honor the shared experience of running the nation in difficult times.

The task in such moments is especially acute when, as with Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush, the current and previous presidents come from opposing parties and such different sensibilities. The incumbent must hit grace notes without appearing inconsistent with past criticism or, worse, hypocritical. Sometimes a president goes through the motions, dutifully reading what aides put before him. Other times, library dedications have become bonding moments when presidents genuinely grow closer…

Kenneth Khachigian, a chief speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan, said there was a formula: “If you’re a speechwriter, you can write a really nice speech about how Americans can fight and disagree and debate, but at the end of the day we’re all Americans and we have the same goals, and I’ve learned that anybody who sits in this office really at the end of the day has the best interest of everyone at heart.”

***

For Mr. Bush, 66, who spent the last four years listening in silence as his successor faulted his leadership, this was an emotional day. Bathed in the admiration of a friendly crowd and enjoying a modest resurgence of public appreciation in recent surveys, he choked up as he finished speaking and wiped tears from his eyes after sitting down.

While critics have fumed about what they called the whitewashing of his record in the media blitz leading up to the library dedication, many Americans have been reminded about aspects of Mr. Bush they once liked. Advisers said they hoped the moment would help history draw a fuller picture.

“It’s never been about presenting him,” said Nicolle Wallace, who worked on Mr. Bush’s re-election campaign and in the White House. “It’s been about revealing him.”

***

Obama chose to focus on a powerful symbolic moment—“the incredible strength and resolve that came through that bullhorn as he stood amid the rubble and the ruins of Ground Zero, promising to deliver justice to those who had sought to destroy our way of life.” It was one of the many artful ways he circumvented mention of a war he called “dumb” before it had even started.

The Democratic speeches were short, which was helpful, given the huge chunks of Bush’s presidency they have sharply critiqued and, in Obama’s case, run against twice. All three congratulated Bush on the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief that has saved so many lives. Carter also thanked him for keeping a promise to help resolve a conflict in Sudan. Clinton, who handed Bush a nation with a hard-won budget surplus and saw it fall into fiscal disarray, said he’d limit himself to areas “beyond controversy”—and mentioned, in addition to AIDS, Bush’s immigration efforts and post-presidential humanitarian work…

The most expansive comments about Bush were those Obama and Clinton offered about his personality: unpretentious, direct, and disarming. “To know the man is to like the man,” Obama said.

***

***

***

“We expanded freedom at home by raising standards in schools and lowering taxes for everybody. We liberated nations from dictatorship and freed people from AIDS,” he said.

And he added, alluding to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, “when our nation came under attack we made the tough decisions required to keep the American people safe,” he said.

“My deepest conviction – the guiding principle of the administration – is that the United States of America must strive to expand the reach of freedom,” he declared. Freedom, he said, “sustains dissidents bound by chains, believers huddled in underground churches and voters who risk their lives to cast their ballot.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Four years? Bush didn’t bother opening his mouth to try to defend ANYTHING for the past 9 years. He let his SecState – Condi Rice – virtually endorse and ineligible, America-hating Imbecile from inside the administration (all while Barky was being as nasty and lying as much as he was able about everything). Bush couldn’t bother to tell Condi to STFU while she was serving. Bush could never find the wherewithal to even try to defend the things he did right (though he usually screwed those up in the end as he veered leftwards in his second term like no ones business). He never bothered to take into account that Barky was the biggest threat that America would ever face and try to take some very serious stuff off the table before Barky slimed into office – an office, BTW, for those who forget, that Barky and his idiot junta tried to actually get Bush to vacate in December and have Barky just slide right in early, even though there was absolutely no Constitutional mechanism for anything even remotely like that. Still, Bush let them propose this sh!t and said nothing while leaving America open on so many fronts for Barky to abuse and destroy us from.

Barky is a slimy POS who isn’t qualified to clean toilets. Literally. Bush is an idiot who couldn’t understand what sort of threat such an slimy POS America-hater posed to this nation.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Beluga!

tommy71 on April 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Beluga?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Beluga!

tommy71 on April 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Where? Pass it, dammit.

katy the mean old lady on April 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Um, it seems to be W. gets a pass day.

Oh, and keep an eye out for the firearm-carrying Cub fan. They’re a bit…hm. Better leave it at that.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I hope President Bush Senior can stay alive and kicking until 2016 and hopefully a conservative president.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Bush Sr. sucked. He was an absolutely awful President. Without any question, Bush Sr. was one of the 5 worst. His move to react to the fall of the USSR (handed to him by Reagan) by strengthening the idiotic and insane UN will stand as one of the dumbest moves in all of American history.

Bush Sr. is only lucky that Clinton was such an awful President and that Barky is so much worse, and so much dumber, than anything America has ever seen (partly because America was guarded against Barky types by the natural born citizen requirement, which used o mean something). If not for that, Bush Sr. would long have been known as one of the worst. As it si now, he’s just forgotten in the tsunami of Barky’s America-hating destruction.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

If amnesty passes, that will never happen. No Republican will ever again win the WH. But then again, if amnesty passes, I’ll never vote for another Republican again. They no longer represent me, except the few like Sessions and Cruz.

TxAnn56 on April 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Just thinking today about the strange times we be living in. Ted Cruz is vilified while Ted Kennedy is idolized.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Cubs blow more than usual this year.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I have such a profound case of Bush Fatigue that even these two threads about him, falling one after the other, makes me feel drained.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

May have been a lousy president-but he’s a good man…and a hero!
*Look at his military record.*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

May have been a lousy president-but he’s a good man…and a hero!
*Look at his military record.*

Hooah John McCain!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Blue Moon – The Marcels

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Um, it seems to be W. gets a pass day.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

That was my assessment WITH having given W a pass for the day :)

Personally, I couldn’t care less about Presidential libraries. They are for far into the future, not a few years after ones tenure. Clinton’s library was nothing but a money laundering machine. At least we know that the Bushes have more class than that (if not much else).

I was more moved by the University of Chicago bulldozing one of Reagan’s old homes for a parking lot than I am by W’s library.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Read Barbara’s lips “No more Bushes.”

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I really think that both of these men are decent and honorable. However, they certainly were not very conservative and were too foolish or stupid to fight back when confronted by the nasty cancer that has taken over democrats.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

One Summer Night – The Danleers

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Good evening, Arnold. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Oh well. It’s not like you’re trolling. At all.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

GHWB is no McCain.
Bush I has class.
*I met him and Mrs. Bush about a week before the ’88 election. I had just turned 18 and they took time to chat with me. *

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

The Way You Look Tonight – The Jaguars

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:27 AM

You Cheated – The Shields

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I know what you mean, so you’ll get no argument from me. But the days of Reagan are long gone.

The only place where I take some comfort is Obama showed himself out once again. With the help of MSNBC, the opening of the Bush Library was made into another episode of All About Obama.

But, you know, even shit stops stinking when it’s all dried out. I like thinking we’re fast getting to that point.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

MG, I was observing Ziff and put him though a quick TSA search. He’s clean. You can fraternize with him safely. Make sure he doesn’t go below deck unless you want him to. hehe.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Good evening, Arnold. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Hello ma’am, hope things are fine with you.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

What’s Your Name? – Don and Juan

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Sheesh, but you’re young.

I was a teenager when I saw Ford.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I prefer something more fun.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I’m fine, Arnold. Thanks for asking. :) How are you and yours? I hope you’re all well. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Axe isn’t here so here is a THWACK.

Its from him not me. Don’t shoot the messenger.

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

My mom told me not to hang around with a rough crowd like you. The other night you brought out the bad pig—Lumpy ziffel.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Good evening, Spark. Double entendre is a tricky business.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Read Barbara’s lips “No more Bushes.”

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Hi Jackie :)

Don’t believe her. She loves Jeb the most. She and Jeb feel that George upstaged him.

I’m with you, though. No more Bushs, Clintons, or any other clans.

Did you see how the congress saw our dialogue last night, were shamed altogether by a few exposures in articles, and are no longer exempting themselves from Obama’care’?

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Flink!
*That’s not from me-it’s from my evil doppelganger.*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

A helicopter transporting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a quick emergency landing Thursday after military officials spotted — then shot down — an unmanned drone that was entering Israeli airspace.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/israel-shoots-down-drone-threatening-pm-benjamin-n/#ixzz2RXaigRaJ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Someone in the comment section said it was a U.S. Drone. The article didn’t identify it tho.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Sheesh, but you’re young.

I was a teenager when I saw Ford.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I was a teenager when McKinley was shot.

katy the mean old lady on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Ok.

Looks like Lumpy Ziffle will have to meet with Scumpy Doodles. She will assign Lumpy an ID number so we can track him. Does he have unusual footprints, aside from the typical pig prints?

SparkPlug on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

May have been a lousy president-but he’s a good man…and a hero!
*Look at his military record.*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

W could have been known as a great President if he had left after his first term. He did nothing but damage in his second term and never should have run for it.

I liked Bush and respected his decency. He was a good man in his first term, cared about America and was particularly good at working under pressure (whether one agreed with his ultimate decisions or not). But the sh!t he did in his second term and the idiots he listened to … whoa, Nelly! He blew it.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Hooah John McCain!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

For all the Bush faults they are no where near the jackass that McCain is. Daily, he never ceases to amaze with his foolishness.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I respectfully disagree Liam. Obama can show himself to be anything at this point. The American people are to blame. Individuals, the ones we conservatives claim to represent and desire to protect, have become increasingly hedonistic, ignorant, proud, deceitful, covetous, gluttonous, and murderous. It is absolutely irrational to put hope or faith in an American leader. The cultural and moral rot has decimated too many. How do we turn back from that? How do you rationally discourse with someone with no moral framework and no education? It is impossible. The cultural, intellectual, and moral rot has pervaded every institution in this country, including the church. We invited it in. We abdicated he truth to it. We allowed it to fester and make inroads. We capitulated to its relentless attack.

And now we will reap what we have sown.

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Everyone’s Laughing – The Spaniels

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

It was a throwaway comment mocking the self centered.

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Obamamoney
Obamaphone
Obamadrone

Is no place on earth safe from this guy?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Oh well. It’s not like you’re trolling. At all.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM

It’s not as if you actually know what the definition of trolling is. At all.

You like W. Good for you. Just because someone doesn’t does not make him a “troll”.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

The day after the ’76 election , my teacher was fawning over a photo of the new First family, and I blurted out that Carter couldn’t have won because, ‘My mommy and daddy didn’t vote for him!’. I had just turned 6. Even then, I was trouble. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

We reminisced about all the places we’d been, all the crazy days and wild nights, all the history we’d seen — first hand. Just before we said our goodbyes, I asked her if she’d miss covering President Obama.

“Not at all. He’s an inch deep. Bush is a bottomless chasm, a deep, mysterious, emotional, profound man. Obama is all surface — shallow, obvious, robotic, and, frankly, not nearly as smart as he thinks. Bush was the one.”

Per Joseph Curl…Washington Times

This quote is spot on…Can we survive the classless Community Organizer in the White House?

d1carter on April 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

And now we will reap what we have sown.

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

A lot of us had nothing to do with it. Far so many others did, so they get what’s coming down the pike.

One day, soon I think, we won’t be here any longer but they will remain. And they’re not going to like it.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Good evening, Schadenfreude. :) It’s wonderful to see you.

Yes… I was delighted to find that congress can’t exclude themselves from the despicable debacle they’ve forced on the rest of us. To do so would be to make themselves, each and every one, a member of the private sector at the very next election. We know how much being a member of the political class means to them, one and all. Didn’t McCain make that crystal clear today in his shameful and shameless statement regarding why he wants AMNESTY passed?

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Please allow me clarify: Bush I is a hero. Both Bushes are good men-but I agree that W’s second term left me wanting.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I can’t imagine you being anything BUT a pain-in-the-azz Conservative.

That’s why I like you so much.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Send Me An Angel – Scorpions

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Wasn’t accusing you. Au contraire. It was a recognition of the validity of your observation.

Yo, mean one, didn’t you say you were a teen when Garfield caught a slug at one point?

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Hi, Jackie – Hi “annoying”……How are you?

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Good evening, williamg. I’m fine. And you?

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I have one more post to make before I go to bed – and it’s not about Dubya – God Bless him….

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Meh, fogot the link.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Thanks for that link. Nice article. Found this also from there:

Air Force Master Sgt. Jeremy T. Lock has captured images worldwide and has now captured the Military Photographer of the Year award for the seventh time.

There are 21 pics that he took. Now #17 is truly an assault weapon!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM

See page one. I should be an official TX CHL holder by Monday or Tuesday

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Mind you-I was in a special ed class where kids were being taught that they were just above having cabbage for brains. My teacher did NOT expect me to be that opinionated. *evil laugh*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

You Cheated You Lied – The Shangri Las

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

A family who has given us many generations of selfless service.

katy the mean old lady on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

They just opened a hundred-year time capsule in Oklahoma. Here’s photos of what was inside.

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I only read that he knows we’re not going to get a single vote out of it. Why did he say that he wants it passed, the incontinent coot?

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Iran has one of our’s !
O/T about the woman judge defending Joker

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Excellent. One of Dire Straits best. :)

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Glad you showed them out. If they could only see you now!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Please allow me clarify: Bush I is a hero.

Understood. I never questioned Bush Sr.’s war record (only his Presidential one).

Both Bushes are good men-but I agree that W’s second term left me wanting.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I’d say that they’re decent men … for globalists :) … which seems to be a serious Bush family problem. For all of his bluster, W helped the UN stay afloat when it should have been killed dead, as the very idea of a peerless, competitionless, empowered entity is abhorrent to any thinking person with even a passing familiarity with basic evolutionary theory, capitalist theory or common sense. Such an organization is guaranteed to grow in grotesque and destructive ways. The UN is an unnatural entity that never should have been given life (though it was formed in the aftermath of a traumatic experience – WWII – just as the label “the War to End All Wars” (an equally stupid idea) was birthed in the aftermath of the trauma of WWI). Both Bushes worked to empower and save that destructive, dangerous, monstrous organization.

BTW, congrats on your CHL.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

…okay — I lied:

*”Two of the things that HAVE been missing in our Leaders –”

williamg on April 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

arnold ziffel

And that’s just the republicans.

xblade on April 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

How cool..!

d1carter on April 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Chapel of Dreams

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:55 AM

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Very cool. That Edison Gramophone is gorgeous!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Thank you.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Obamamoney
Obamaphone
Obamadrone

Is no place on earth safe from this guy?

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

That’s the problem with ego, it expands.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Very cool. That Edison Gramophone is gorgeous!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I like…the shoes.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

What a treasure trove!!

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That is so cool!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

He said that ‘his’ state and others will be a Hispanic majority in the next 8 or so years… or near to it… and ‘if we settle for 20-30% of that vote we won’t win any elections.’

So … its a matter of the political class. If the GOP tramples on its principles… like THE RULE OF LAW… and betrays the American citizens and legal immigrants in the hope of ‘staying competitive’ what separates them from the Democrats?

There are no longer two separate and distinct parties in this nation. There is only ONE POLITICAL CLASS and the only goal and objective of that class is to remain part of that elite private club and the inner circle of those in positions of power.

There are truly very few exceptions. Chuck Grassley and Jeff Sessions are two. Coburn has self imposed a two term limit to his tenure and has acted accordingly with the freedom that has bought him.

Since McCain’s admission, it has become apparent to me that we need a new congress, and we need a new Republican Party… one that believes in the rule of law and is dedicated to serving the American citizens who elected them and protecting the interest of those citizens against the predation of illegal aliens and all others who would do them harm and injustice.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

My mistake. I guess my reading comprehension is a little off tonight. I’m glad that my response was only tepid, in any case.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t even know what Garfield you are referring to. Maybe it was TheSecondaryOrderedPair you were thinking of :) It wasn’t me, I assure you.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Better version

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

That’s the problem with ego, it expands.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Yeah, well…There’s a song by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer with the line,

I don’t see a man in a mansion
That an accurate pen won’t puncture.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM

arnold ziffel

And that’s just the republicans.

xblade on April 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

LOL … but true.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Sleepwalk – Santo and Johnny

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Hm. Seems to be me causing the problems. The mean one is katy, the reference to her claims concerning her age. Apologies.

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

All true.

The Rs of today are the socialists.

The Ds are the commies and other assorted tyrants, but the two are closer and closer.

The gang of 8 can’t be allowed to succeed, for the sake of the land. It might already be too late but they must be fought. Boehner is the big problem. He could stop it but won’t.

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

A one-party system is inevitable.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM

wolfsDad on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I’m batting 1000, here :)

I just figured that the whole comment was for me. Too funny, wD.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Stardust.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Iran has one of our’s !
O/T about the woman judge defending Joker

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Let’s hope that is the only one they “had”:-)
I didn’t know the Judge was a woman or had ties. However, she was sent, along with a Public Defender. I think also someone from Justice. I haven’t read any article about it, just heard it happened on the news. I see Breitbart has a thread on it.

Thanks for the link at gateway.

Mark Levin spoke about it this evening.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Politicians patting each other on the back as the nation falls to pieces thanks to their incompetence and delusions.

How frikkin’ charming.

profitsbeard on April 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I’m surprised that Mexico hasn’t awakened to the reality of the situation. We are actually engaged in colonialism.

We are siphoning off their youth. Who will be there to build the cities… care for the elderly… provide the next generation? If the border is meaningless, how long before the Democrats decide to move into Mexico and ‘help’ the government there… with something akin to the Colombia Plan…but on a much broader scale? Twenty years and BILLIONS of tax dollars, along with American blood, spent in Colombia. How much and how long for all of Mexico, Central and South America?

H.R. Clinton already suggested just such a move. It didn’t take long for Calderone to reject it… but he’s gone…and things change.

The end goal, of course, is to gain access to the resources of Mexico, Central and South America… and some lovely resort areas for the political class and their donors to call a second home.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Very cool. That Edison Gramophone is gorgeous!

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Isn’t it? Wow. I think there were some “voice rolls”? Wonder if they are still good. So interesting.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM

They are colonizing us. And we’re letting them do it.

There is the idea of creating Atzlan, a new nation taken from our territory.

A former Mexican president once called this flood ‘a peaceful invasion’.

Many in the Clinton Administration believed (and still do) that it was ‘unfair’ the US be the world’s only super power. That’s how secret computer technology got shipped to China and Bill did nothing about it. Before Bill, if China aimed a missile at Frisco, it might land in Nevada. Now, it’ll land where aimed within 5 miles.

Liberals have sold their country down the road.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM

How cool..!

d1carter on April 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

That is so cool!

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I wanted to look for an Oklahoma website/newspaper to find more info, but had other things to do today.

Thot that website that had the album was very nice.

IIRC, the original info came from Ace. Sometimes I forget where all I’ve been when just surfing:-)

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I’m a serious history buff. Going to Williamsburg, VA was almost a religious experience.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Puttin’ on the Ritz

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Mark Levin spoke about it this evening.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Looks like the Department of Jihad wants to defend the Joker jihady. How soon before the media goes silent on this ” investigation” ?
Strange times !!

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Puttin’ on the Ritz

Schadenfreude on April 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM

VERY AWESOME!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Strange times !!

burrata on April 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM

They’re doing everything they can to make that go away. The LSM are after that, too.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM

In blending the people and the cultures of this nation and those of Mexico, Central and South America, the first step is taken to ‘blending’ these nations into a ‘trade group’ of nation states… much like … THE EU.

thatsafactjack on April 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM