Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

It has become an awkward ritual of the modern presidency that the current occupant of the Oval Office is called upon to deliver a generous historical judgment of the previous one. With the opening of each new presidential library, the members of the world’s most exclusive fraternity put aside partisan differences to honor the shared experience of running the nation in difficult times.

The task in such moments is especially acute when, as with Mr. Obama and Mr. Bush, the current and previous presidents come from opposing parties and such different sensibilities. The incumbent must hit grace notes without appearing inconsistent with past criticism or, worse, hypocritical. Sometimes a president goes through the motions, dutifully reading what aides put before him. Other times, library dedications have become bonding moments when presidents genuinely grow closer…

Kenneth Khachigian, a chief speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan, said there was a formula: “If you’re a speechwriter, you can write a really nice speech about how Americans can fight and disagree and debate, but at the end of the day we’re all Americans and we have the same goals, and I’ve learned that anybody who sits in this office really at the end of the day has the best interest of everyone at heart.”

***

For Mr. Bush, 66, who spent the last four years listening in silence as his successor faulted his leadership, this was an emotional day. Bathed in the admiration of a friendly crowd and enjoying a modest resurgence of public appreciation in recent surveys, he choked up as he finished speaking and wiped tears from his eyes after sitting down.

While critics have fumed about what they called the whitewashing of his record in the media blitz leading up to the library dedication, many Americans have been reminded about aspects of Mr. Bush they once liked. Advisers said they hoped the moment would help history draw a fuller picture.

“It’s never been about presenting him,” said Nicolle Wallace, who worked on Mr. Bush’s re-election campaign and in the White House. “It’s been about revealing him.”

***

Obama chose to focus on a powerful symbolic moment—“the incredible strength and resolve that came through that bullhorn as he stood amid the rubble and the ruins of Ground Zero, promising to deliver justice to those who had sought to destroy our way of life.” It was one of the many artful ways he circumvented mention of a war he called “dumb” before it had even started.

The Democratic speeches were short, which was helpful, given the huge chunks of Bush’s presidency they have sharply critiqued and, in Obama’s case, run against twice. All three congratulated Bush on the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief that has saved so many lives. Carter also thanked him for keeping a promise to help resolve a conflict in Sudan. Clinton, who handed Bush a nation with a hard-won budget surplus and saw it fall into fiscal disarray, said he’d limit himself to areas “beyond controversy”—and mentioned, in addition to AIDS, Bush’s immigration efforts and post-presidential humanitarian work…

The most expansive comments about Bush were those Obama and Clinton offered about his personality: unpretentious, direct, and disarming. “To know the man is to like the man,” Obama said.

***

***

***

“We expanded freedom at home by raising standards in schools and lowering taxes for everybody. We liberated nations from dictatorship and freed people from AIDS,” he said.

And he added, alluding to the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, “when our nation came under attack we made the tough decisions required to keep the American people safe,” he said.

“My deepest conviction – the guiding principle of the administration – is that the United States of America must strive to expand the reach of freedom,” he declared. Freedom, he said, “sustains dissidents bound by chains, believers huddled in underground churches and voters who risk their lives to cast their ballot.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Second!

KCB on April 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM

First, Ken

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Excellent quote, of the times

DALLAS — Shortly after Barack Obama was elected in 2008, a fellow reporter who’d covered President George W. Bush all eight years told me she’d had enough of the travel and stress and strain of the White House beat, that she was moving on.

We reminisced about all the places we’d been, all the crazy days and wild nights, all the history we’d seen — first hand. Just before we said our goodbyes, I asked her if she’d miss covering President Obama.

“Not at all. He’s an inch deep. Bush is a bottomless chasm, a deep, mysterious, emotional, profound man. Obama is all surface — shallow, obvious, robotic, and, frankly, not nearly as smart as he thinks. Bush was the one.”

Her words, so succinct, have stuck with me ever since. By the way, she’s a hardcore Democrat.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Meh, fogot the link.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Must read: #InfoWarsPickupLines

lol

Resist We Much on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

…JugEars people?…talking about Bush?…’fumed’…is right!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Back to the point. What was nice was that all of them—the Bush family, the Carters and Clintons—seemed like the old days. “The way we were.” They were full of endurance, stamina, effort. Also flaws, frailty, mess. But they weren’t . . . creepy.

Anyway, onward to Obama fatigue, and the Democratic Party wrestling with what comes next. It’s not only the Republicans in a deep pit.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM

“Trotskyism”, screamed Chrissy Matthews, as he downed his third double scotch of the still early afternoon.

farsighted on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

We?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Name one people who are freer, due to Obama, I triple dare you.

(don’t name the Black Panthers, union thugs and phone-people – I know about them already)

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Frankly, I consider this an unintended part of the checks and balances.

Former Presidents don’t fully attack or savage other members of the club because they know that they will be thrown together for the rest of their lives. Not just library dedications but state funerals, events of national importance, or whatever.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

lol

Resist We Much on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

My favorite one:
Is your last name Monsanto? Because you sure do modify those jeans, baby.

John the Libertarian on April 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Obama can’t keep his agenda out of a ceremony..

It must suck to be his kids..

“happy birthday to you..
Happy birthday to you..
Happy citizenship dear immigrant..
Happy democrat to you..”

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Must read: #InfoWarsPickupLines

lol

Resist We Much on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

lol..
however, your post about condo’s in colon’s
made me crack another rib.
Doc says-no more rwm. ;)

bazil9 on April 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Nice all Bush 1 and 3
I like the good vibrations and all but
Jeb3
We’re a patient folk
I’ll wait.

seesalrun2 on April 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Name one people who are freer, due to Obama, I triple dare you.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

The illegals. They are so brazen they appear before Congressional hearings and complain that we citizens would dare call them illegal- even though that is their actual status.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

You know what would have been great…?

… If “W” turned to Obowma and Hillary and asked them point blank in front of the world:

“Who the he%% ordered the ‘stand down’ in Benghazi and left Americans to die…?”

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

According to TXDPS…my CHL has been mailed. I should have it by Monday. Beware. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

The most expansive comments about Bush were those Obama and Clinton offered

Yeah, until Barky decided to use the moment to push his amnesty agenda.

Seriously, Dog Eater was a boy among men at that gathering and he knew it. If it was Thanksgiving Dinner he would have been sitting at the card table in the kitchen.

Bishop on April 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Thanks! Good article.

KCB on April 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Headline: “Local woman blows off her own big toe while celebrating her first day with conceal carry permit”.

Bishop on April 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

But instead he insinuated that America’s best days are still ahead..

I took that as..
Get rid of the asshat in the white house..
Stop being brainwashed by the left..
And grow a pair..
If you can..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

She looked better after the meal. More controllable.

a capella on April 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

You know what would have been great…?

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Um… No. Not only was GWB the host but this event was not the moment. He would have come of as low class as the rat-eared coward when he turned his speech into a plug for amnesty for the illegals.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

*filtered: had to change a couple letters*

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

But instead he insinuated that America’s best days are still ahead..

I took that as..
Get rid of the a$$hat in the white house..
Stop being brainwashed by the left..
And grow a pair..
If you can..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Congrats ALT. It’s a liberating feeling, dear. You’ll like it. ;)

wolly4321 on April 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Bishop on April 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

husband and me just had this conversation:

Me: Guess this means that I’ll finally have to load my firearm.
h:It isn’t loaded?
Me: Nope. Snapcaps.
H.Well, why isn’t it loaded?
Me: Because then it’ll be DANGEROUS!
H. Well isn’t that kind of the POINT?!!!
Really. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Congrats ALT. It’s a liberating feeling, dear. You’ll like it. ;)

wolly4321 on April 25, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I’ve got a good holster and have it placed where I almost forget that I’m wearing it…almost.
Now,to find what clothes cover best.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Congrats!

KCB on April 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

The most expansive comments about Bush were those Obama and Clinton offered

Duh!

The bookends of his tenure. GHWB’s comments are those of a proud dad. And who cares about Carter? He has been out of office for nearly thirty five years.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I can only imagine the ceremony when Barky gets to inaugurate his library. Surrounded by people such as Ayers, Dohrn, Ward Churchill, Revrund Wright, Dzhokhar and the other 500 criminals and terrorists he pardoned on his last day in office, basking in the adulation, and telling the world that he really was the greatest man ever to be POTUS.

Bishop on April 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

First, Ken

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yeah, but what does he get? Dire and Bishop have already hijacked his prize.I, on the otherhand, bishoped the Scotus thread. Preemptive appeal to Ed and Allah won me my prize. Bad news? Cruise on Carnival Triumph.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Congrats!

KCB on April 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I sooo look forward to showing my license to my uber-leftist sister-in-law…and just smiling while she’s forced to congratulate me on it. Heheheheh.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Kudos!

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Carter was there?

Didn’t notice..

Oh wait..

I must have blocked it out..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Kudos!

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Michelle was most creepy today.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

She looked better after the meal. More controllable.

a capella on April 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

They served Texas BBQ Ribs. Michelle needed medical attention afterwards because she ate 3 of her own fingers during the feeding.

portlandon on April 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Bra holster?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Kenneth Khachigian, a chief speechwriter for President Ronald Reagan, said there was a formula: “If you’re a speechwriter, you can write a really nice speech about how Americans can fight and disagree and debate, but at the end of the day we’re all Americans and we have the same goals “

I’ll go easy here, but I think the Gipper has to do some rolling when he hears something like this – from his own team. Reagan dared to stand up to the pending Liberal societal destruction, and 30 years later they appear to be in full swing, and winning. Where has this guy been the last 5 years that he can’t see how different the goals for Americans have become- and how they are growing further apart.
My goal is certainly not to equate 2 guys mounting each other and wanting to play roomates to be in anyway equal to the nuculer male/ female family of historical precedent.
Call me crazy, but no.

We truly are a nation sliding into the ideals of being equal in slavery, rather than unequal in Liberty.

FlaMurph on April 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

LOL..

I am proud that an annoying fellow American citizen has been cleared by our government to have the ability to protect herself in a violent world..

nonpartisan should be here shortly to congratulate also..
NOT!

Good for you..:)

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Bra holster?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Got nuthin’ to hold it up.
In-the-waistband. The ‘Betty’. It’s also made by Flashbang.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bra holster?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM

This raises a question..

What will you be carrying ALT..?

If you don’t want to answer..
i understand..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

A fun anecdote and a compelling read by Keith Hennessey:

I teach a class at Stanford Business School titled “Financial Crises in the U.S. and Europe.” During one class session while explaining the events of September 2008, I kept referring to the efforts of the threesome of Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke, and Tim Geithner, who were joined at the hip in dealing with firm-specific problems as they arose. One of my students asked “How involved was President Bush with what was going on?” I smiled and responded, “What you really mean is, ‘Was President Bush smart enough to understand what was going on,’ right?”

The class went dead silent. Everyone knew that this was the true meaning of the question. Kudos to that student for asking the hard question and for framing it so politely. I had stripped away that decorum and exposed the raw nerve. I looked hard at the 60 MBA students and said “President Bush is smarter than almost every one of you.” More silence.

I could tell they were waiting for me to break the tension, laugh, and admit I was joking. I did not. A few shifted in their seats, then I launched into a longer answer…

Click through for his answer. A personal note: When I served as a communications intern at the White House in 2007, I had the privilege of sitting in on an off-the-record Q&A session between President Bush and a small group of entrepreneurs under 40. It was closed to the press. For nearly an hour, the assembled group peppered the president with questions on myriad subjects — from granular economic policy, to war, to his relationship with his father. I must admit that I was taken aback by Bush’s performance. He was sharp, deeply informed, self-deprecatingly funny, and serious. In short, he was in total command. Even as someone who voted for him and who respected him greatly — despite several disagreements on policy — it instantly dawned on me that I’d never encountered that George W. Bush before. Perhaps I’d doubted he even existed; call it the soft bigotry of (unfairly) low expectations. I wondered why. On that score, Hennessey’s piece is at least partially explanatory.

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

S&W .38 Special.
Yes-I’ve practiced.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

An EXCELLENT Question:

WAS STEVE SCHMIDT QUALIFIED TO BE MCCAIN’S CAMPAIGN MANAGER?

In a recent article at the National Review, John McCain’s failed 2008 campaign manager Steve Schmidt is quoted as saying “it will be a very long time before questions about capability and preparedness are not a part of the process.” The implication is that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was neither “prepared” nor “capable” to be vice president in the 2008 cycle, and that now hangs over the current vice presidential selection process.

In his comments about the VP selection process, Schmidt indicates a pretty simple concept– “capability and preparedness” are characteristics that a presidential nominee would seek in his or her running mate.

However, Schmidt’s comments indicate that the selection process and the entire campaign he was involved in during 2008 did not consider such factors, which leads one to ask, “did Steve Schmidt have the ‘capability and preparedness’ necessary to perform his role as campaign strategist?”
In other words, let the vetting of Steve Schmidt begin.

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Got nuthin’ to hold it up.
In-the-waistband. The ‘Betty’. It’s also made by Flashbang.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Kewl! I was wondering. You were contemplating storebought boobs at one point.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Husband’s happy with the original parts-so I decided against it. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Yes-I’ve practiced.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I know :)

Good for ya..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Well, Bush was part of The fence is to damn high
Houses are to damn low party and we could say more..
should I be gracious?
RX’s to damn high? D.

bazil9 on April 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Obama couldn’t even let it go for one day. Typical.

I love the emotion by GWB at the end talking about America. Say what you will about his terms – that man loves this country.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

You know what you have to go through here in AZ to carry open or concealed?

Nothing. ;>)

wolly4321 on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

sorry guys,that rappy song is stuck in my head..forever.

bazil9 on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Husband’s happy with the original parts-so I decided against it. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Good. Man of rre good sense. It sounds fine, but they way out lt the rest of you. Think about it. You die after a wonderful zestful life. You leave a terrific family. Then everyone shows up at the wake and the only comment is ” Hey! Great T!ts!

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

that man loves this country.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

And he sees where it is going..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I call B.S. on that one!

Bush and the Republican Congress did better in FY 2007 than Clinton ever did with a Democrat Congress!

It’s true. Clinton never had a surplus with a Democrat controlled Congress, and the smallest deficit Clinton had with a Democrat controlled Congress was just under $164 Billion.

Clinton elected November 1992, took office January 1993, first budget with Dem Congress:
FY 1994 Deficit $203 Billion ($203,186 Million)
Second Clinton Budget with Dem Congress:
FY 1995 Deficit $164 Billion ($163,952 Million)

Last budget passed by Republican House, Republican Senate, and signed by President George W. Bush:
FY 2007 Deficit $161 Billion ($160,701 Million)

Even with inflation (which should have made deficit numbers bigger), Bush and the Republican House and Senate produced a smaller deficit in FY 2007 than Bill Clinton did in either of the years that he had a Democrat majority (Democrat House and Senate, FY 1994 & 1995).

Clinton did not “hand” Bush a hard-won budget surplus! It was the Republican controlled Congress that earned a hard-won surplus.

What did Clinton “hand” Bush? The Gorelick wall and environment preceeding the 9/11 attacks.

Bush truly inherited the Dot Com bust and the 9/11 attacks. Those were one-two punches to our economy and hurt it significantly. It was not until the second part of the Bush Tax Cuts were passed in 2003 that we started to have a real recovery. Employment and tax revenues improved significantly for each of the next 4 years, and didn’t recede until Democrats took majority control of the House and Senate in January 2007.

Just the facts.

Data Sources:

ITguy on April 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

rare, lasts. But you are used to my lazy fingers.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Still the best CinC in all my years.

hawkdriver on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I’ve decided that I want a memorial service where everyone wears baseball shirts, drinks Stsrbucks/McD’s coffee, and rocks out to classic rock…many, many years from now. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Obama couldn’t even let it go for one day. Typical.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

…totally agree!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I call B.S. on that one!

ITguy on April 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I am sure you remember how our military was unprepared for a battle in the desert..
It took almost a year to get the hardware our guys and gall needed..

Thanks Clinton…

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Still the best CinC in all my years.

hawkdriver on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

His respect and love of the military is one of the best parts of his character.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

gall = gals

Sorry gals..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Still the best CinC in all my years.

hawkdriver on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I was blessed with Eisenhower too. Nixon will go down as one hell of a CInC too.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Still the best CinC in all my years.

hawkdriver on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Thanks..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

His respect and love of the military is one of the best parts of his character.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Yes it is!

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

thirded!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

No Bailey? WTF?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM

You forgot the Muslim Brotherhood and the one remaining Muslim Boston bomber

Delsa on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

GG- striking contrast, huh? Sickening contrast. Day & night.

wolly4321 on April 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I hope President Bush Senior can stay alive and kicking until 2016 and hopefully a conservative president. I just have visions of Obama turning the eulogy into a call for a tax hike.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

No Bailey? WTF?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Bailey’s too.
The heck w/ sitting shiva. I’m putting this in my living will-I want people to rock it!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

GG- striking contrast, huh? Sickening contrast. Day & night.

wolly4321 on April 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Yep.

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Oh mister you really don’t know anything about Hussein now do you ?

burrata on April 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

and the one remaining Muslim Boston bomber

Delsa on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

And mysteriously was granted Miranda..
A few hours early..

Just a few..

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

You forgot the Muslim Brotherhood and the one remaining Muslim Boston bomber

Delsa on April 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

And Nidal Hasan. Hell, it was only workplace violence.

wolfsDad on April 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Good try, but fail…it happened under all of them. Of course this one has taken it to a higher level, just because se puede.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Congratulations alt!!!

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Ok, name one nation which is freer, due to Obama.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Ok, name one nation which is freer, due to Obama.

Mexico?

Electrongod on April 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Congratulations alt!!!

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Thanks!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

*high five*

I’m of mixed emotions; I had intended to do same, but the thought that my name is therefore on a list, in a database, that can (as other states have) shared it with the feds… well, not 100% comfortable with that.

Midas on April 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

if i squint, obama and bush look like identical twins.

renalin on April 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Way ta go!

AesopFan on April 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

obama’s been crapping in bushies mouth for over a decade. doesn’t the man have any shame left. how can he stand on the same stage with obama.

where’s my shoe?

renalin on April 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Really enjoyed watching the coverage of the Bush library today. I am reminded of just how much I respect George W. I had my disagreements with him, but I was proud to have him as my President.

Jack_Burton on April 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

if i squint, obama and bush look like identical twins.

renalin on April 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

if i squint i see you ridin’ the short bus.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Midas on April 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I thought about that-but I’m a petite woman who doesn’t drive. Because I walk everywhere…
*Wally allows customers-but not associates to carry. Since Wally’s within its right, I might ask for a transfer to a closer store-so I don’t have to walk as far-or start looking for a more CHL friendly job.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Way ta go!

AesopFan on April 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Thanks!
Like voting, it’s a right-and a responsibility.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

i see you ridin’ the short bus.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

peace bro. voted for him twice. shame on me. he was the gateway drug to obama.

renalin on April 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

if i squint i see you ridin’ the short bus.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hey! I did ride the short bus for awhile.
* miss GWB!*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

renalin on April 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

GWB’s a good man!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

does brick and gwb look like twins to you?

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

ITguy on April 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

As soon as I read “I call B.S. on that one!” I just knew that was you:-) Another great laying down the stats.

bluefox on April 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Carter was a gentleman, praising Bush. Obama, on the other hand, did a campaign speech.

There is nothing at all good about Obama. Me, me; I, I — me, myself, and mine.

“Hey, now. We need to get things into perspective. Let’s quit talking about me and instead talk about how great I am!”

Obama is the reason there are barf bags on Air Force One.

Liam on April 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

gophergirl on April 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

If amnesty passes, that will never happen. No Republican will ever again win the WH. But then again, if amnesty passes, I’ll never vote for another Republican again. They no longer represent me, except the few like Sessions and Cruz.

TxAnn56 on April 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

16/91…good grief.

tom daschle concerned on April 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Beluga!

tommy71 on April 26, 2013 at 12:09 AM

TxAnn56 on April 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Amen. Mini me-I mean Cornyn has only gone right because of Cruz.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM