Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 24, 2013 by Allahpundit

“He’s enjoying the hell out of life, “ a close friend told National Journal. “He’s his loosey-goosey self again, the way he used to be.”

Various confidants describe 43 as “mellow,” “serene” and “tranquil,” happy with his self-imposed exile from the political grind he never really liked and ecstatic with his new life below the radar.

“You have no idea how relieved he is to be out of the game,” one of his oldest friends said. “He doesn’t miss politics even a little.”…

“Of course he’s confident” about turning around his reputation, one longtime counsellor told National Journal. “How else could he be? But he’s got a ways to go to mending his record – if it can be done.”

***

Days before his second term ended in 2009, Bush’s approval rating among all adults was 33 percent positive and 66 percent negative. The new poll found 47 percent saying they approve and 50 percent saying they disapprove. Among registered voters, his approval rating today is equal to President Obama’s, at 47 percent, according to the latest Post-ABC surveys…

“Obviously, it’s a big moment for him,” former British prime minister Tony Blair said in a telephone interview from London. “It’s a chance for him to explain that his political philosophy encompasses much more than the decisions he had to take after 9/11. We forget this sometimes. . . . This is a much more rounded person with many more dimensions to him than the caricature often portrays.”

***

Fifty-two percent have a favorable opinion of Obama according to the latest Fox News poll, while 49 percent of voters have a favorable view of Bush

Despite a slight increase in his favorable ratings, the new Fox poll nonetheless finds that George W. Bush fares least well among the former presidents in terms of current popularity. Clinton tops the list, with 71 percent of voters viewing him favorably. He’s followed by Carter and George H.W. Bush who each garner 59 percent favorable ratings…

Overall, Bush had an average 51 percent approval rating across his entire presidency. Up to this point in his presidency, Obama has an average approval rating of 48 percent.

***

It is possible that documents and archives will reveal Bush in a more positive light, but there’s no getting around the fact that his decisions on Iraq and on fiscal policy have led to huge problems. He not only committed U.S. forces in Afghanistan after 9/11, his decision to invade Iraq kicked off a 10-year war of choice that has destabilized the Middle East and drained the United States of blood, treasure, and the will to intervene abroad. He cut taxes across the board and borrowed money to pay for the wars as well as a new prescription-drug program for seniors. That led to a ballooning deficit and debt, and left the country ill-positioned to deal with the Great Recession that set in toward the end of his term.

It’s not that there weren’t accomplishments during the Bush era. He receives deserved praise for his international drive to fight AIDS, and his controversial No Child Left Behind Act institutionalized the overdue concept of accountability in U.S. education. The even more controversial legal and military methods he adopted to fight terrorists have been largely validated by the Obama administration, which has in many cases continued their use. And he was a pioneer in pushing for comprehensive immigration reform, a worthy cause that has now been revived.

But all of that is overshadowed by the deficits, the economic collapse, and, above all, Iraq. “Ultimately, what will drive how he’s viewed is how the Iraq experiment turns out,” says Bruce Buchanan, a presidential scholar and longtime Bush-watcher at the University of Texas-Austin. “The mismanagement of Iraq will always be there, but it will fade if Iraq turns into a flower of democracy.”

***

All of this overheated rhetoric and fear-mongering has come from academics who profess to live the life of the mind. In their hasty, partisan-tinged assessments of Bush, far too many scholars breached their professional obligations, engaging in a form of scholarly malpractice, by failing to do what historians are trained to do before pronouncing judgment on a presidency: conduct tedious archival research, undertake oral history interviews, plow through memoirs, interview foreign leaders and wait for the release of classified information.

There is a difference between punditry and scholarship. The latter requires biding one’s time and offering perspective as the evidence emerges and the passions of the day cool. An assessment of Harry Truman’s presidency looks quite different today than it did immediately after he left the White House in 1953. And no historian, especially Schlesinger, would have predicted in 1961 that 21st-century scholars would rank Dwight Eisenhower among the nation’s greatest presidents.

George W. Bush’s low standing among academics reflects, in part, the rise of partisan scholarship: the use of history as ideology and as a political weapon, which means the corruption of history as history. Bush may not have been a great president; he may even be considered an average or below-average president, but he and — more important — the nation deserve better than this partisan rush to judgment.

***

President Bush is extremely smart by any traditional standard. He’s highly analytical and was incredibly quick to be able to discern the core question he needed to answer. It was occasionally a little embarrassing when he would jump ahead of one of his Cabinet secretaries in a policy discussion and the advisor would struggle to catch up. He would sometimes force us to accelerate through policy presentations because he so quickly grasped what we were presenting…

In addition to his analytical speed, what most impressed me were his memory and his substantive breadth. We would sometimes have to brief him on an issue that we had last discussed with him weeks or even months before. He would remember small facts and arguments from the prior briefing and get impatient with us when we were rehashing things we had told him long ago.

And while my job involved juggling a lot of balls, I only had to worry about economic issues. In addition to all of those, at any given point in time he was making enormous decisions on Iraq and Afghanistan, on hunting al Qaeda and keeping America safe. He was making choices not just on taxes and spending and trade and energy and climate and health care and agriculture and Social Security and Medicare, but also on education and immigration, on crime and justice issues, on environmental policy and social policy and politics. Being able to handle such substantive breadth and depth, on such huge decisions, in parallel, requires not just enormous strength of character but tremendous intellectual power. President Bush has both.

***

Fact is that both Bush and Clinton do small acts of kindness every day, with little or no public notice.

Why? Because, like past presidents, they realize the office is bigger than they are. Because they are deeply grateful for the job we gave them, and they feel obliged to return the favor.

Our presidents and ex-presidents are not perfect. You won’t always agree with them. You might not even think they’re worthy of the office. But try to remember what Clinton told me a few days before he left Arkansas for Washington (and a few years before the Lewinsky affair made it sadly ironic): “You don’t check your humanity at the Oval Office door.”

Remembering that is to respect the office. And it’s the decent thing to do.

***

“We’re just laying out the facts. And that was a fact,” Bush said. “I am comfortable in the decision-making process. I think the removal of Saddam Hussein was the right decision for not only our own security but for giving people a chance to live in a free society. But history will ultimately decide that, and I won’t be around to see it.

“As far as I’m concerned, the debate is over. I mean, I did what I did. And historians will ultimately judge those decisions.”

***

But in his more than four years of governing, Obama has also adopted or let stand a series of Bush initiatives, illustrating how the policies of one administration can take hold and how the realities of governing often limit solutions.

Bush’s signature education plan, No Child Left Behind, remains the law of the land, though the Obama administration has granted states waivers to give them flexibility in meeting performance targets. A Bush Medicare prescription drug plan, criticized for its cost, is now popular with beneficiaries, and Obama has sought to improve it by providing relief for seniors with high bills. Obama continued the unpopular bank bailouts and expanded the auto industry rescue that Bush initiated in 2008.

Bush authorized a military surge in Iraq in an effort to tame the conflict there. Obama completed the withdrawal of troops from Iraq but also authorized a military surge in Afghanistan before beginning a drawdown of troops that is expected to be completed at the end of 2014.

“The responsibilities of office drive presidents toward pragmatism,” said Joshua Bolten, a former Bush chief of staff. Where those policies are effective, he added, “the successor has good reason to adopt them.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

hi Jackie – thought you’d like “Wild West End”……one of my favorites, lyrically from Knopfler….

guess not so much……take care

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Listen to where Bush talk’s about becoming the “Comforter-In-Chief” healing souls that are hurting…

Those words aren’t even IN Obama’s vocabulary —- OR The Media;s…..

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM

It’s because Obama is busybusybusy chewing on the legbones of the nation. Next, the ribs. Oooh, fingers, gimme them.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM

rofl..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Sadly, we need many more than we have.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM

wolfsDad on April 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I got the disreputable part down pat;)

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I do like it, williamg. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Obie has been stopped..Why do you think he is trying to win back the House??..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Well, actually, no, he hasn’t been stopped. Note the “ceiling of 3 million” in savings thing he’s just declared BUT NOT FOR HIM, *he* exempted himself. I mean, as if he can. He’s an unabashed fool, idiot, creep, I lack the language to properly, sufficiently describe his awfulness (Obama’s).

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I do like it, williamg. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I didn’t realize you meant it for me to listen to specifically.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Siiiigh……*turns away, shaking head…*

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Our nation needs now more than ever someone in Congress who stands up and says, “You do.not.mess.with.the.sandwhich.shop.manager” to Obama.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Instead Boehner said yesterday “I do not think we can stop the amnesty bill in the congress”…duh, who is in charge there?

The senate will pass it btw. 70-90 votes and Obama will take full credit.

I hope they all spontaneouly combust, for dereliction of duty and their oaths. They do not protect the country.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I do like it, williamg. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I didn’t realize you meant it for me to listen to specifically.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

well…..whoa, now — I mean, you — you were just in this “Dire Straits” run at the time, and I thought it was a really good segue with “I Love You Too Much” and the “Roadrunner” song……you know, I thought….well, I thought………..oh – nevermind……..

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM

In time academia will grow to hate me as well, as is the plan to teach after I retire from my current line of work;) I see that we are still being plagued by Wilson’s ghost on all levels, that he would inflict such things on us as the 16th and 17th amendments and then the UN. Yet, I guess he was just the facilitator, our ancestors of his time are really to blame as they are the ones who really let all that happen.

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Siiiigh……*turns away, shaking head…*

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Well, Williamg, how would YOU describe Obama’s ongoing atrocities against America?

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

It’s a disgraceful display of that political class in action. To say they can’t stop it is ridiculous. It’s their job. Countering bad legislation that comes from the senate is the very reason for the House’s existence. They are meant to stand as our proxies and to work for the best interest of their constituents, not make deals that benefit special interests against the best interests of the citizens of the United States of America.

Immigration law was intended to PROTECT the citizens of the nation from PREDATION by ILLEGAL ALIENS and those who try to come to this nation to become a burden on the citizenry. That’s its sole purpose for existing.

Rather than worry about the ‘plight’ of the illegal aliens, the congress is meant to protect the citizens FROM the illegal aliens.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Boehner as with the Left are intentionally NOT listening to the opinions of the voters. They’re only listening to certain donors. Like Bill Gates, Soros, certain other “Nations”.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

So you think Amnesty is going to pass? I know the gang of 8 want it, but I’m not sure if they have thot it thru. If they do pass it, there will be a backlash not only from Conservatives & Indies, but Blacks as well.

bluefox on April 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I vow to change my voter registration from Republican to Independent the day after they pass that wretched thing, if they do as Boehner so weakly indicates they will just have to roll over for.

Wretched, weak, pitiful turncoats. The GOP can never count on my voter support again if they proceed with that wreck.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Playing for the last Time

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

We tried to warn you about the RINOS. The destroyed the GOP.

SparkPlug on April 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

It was excellent. I’m sorry, but I multitask when I’m here quite often.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

This will be going up on my wife’s(LilaMunro) website, thought you all might find it interesting.

The oft told fable of the Tortoise and the Hare and the lesson there in, has graced this page before, explained in the wonderful prose of my lovely wife, Lila. Slow and steady always wins the race, and this is a mantra that she espouses each day of her writing career, and as she has posted in the past, there are two bookends on her shelf to remind her of just that. We often discuss, with much laughter, never to turn your back on a charging turtle, because eventually that turtle will catch up. There is however another lesson to that fable, one that rarely gets discussed, and that is, that there was a race at all.
It is a fact that the Hare is faster than the Tortoise. That fact is the other lesson of the fable, that against those odds, the Tortoise even entered the race. You can imagine that the other creatures of the wood never gave the Tortoise a chance at winning. Yet, he showed up, and as the Hare raced off he kept his pace and charged ahead. Ah, and there it is, that no matter what, we must always try. It would have been much easier that the Tortoise expend his energy elsewhere, yet he raced, and was richly rewarded for having tried what everyone else said was a lost cause.
Did the Tortoise know that the Hare’s hubris would be his undoing, we may never know, but what we do know is, that even if he had lost, he would have still crossed the finish line, head held high. In life we all face challenges that seem overwhelming, and at times impossible. We all have dreams that we wish to fulfill, and I have to go no further than this blog and the beautiful woman who owns it for just that example. It was her dream since childhood to be a writer, and like the Tortoise, she stepped up to the starting line and crossed over it, charging slow and steady ever since. That there were Hares out there that she was racing against she knew well, but she was in it for the races sake, and that she stepped across that line, means that she has already won.
I can’t help but think that there is a correlation between this fable and President Theodore Roosevelt’s famous “Man in the Arena” speech. That it is better to have tried and failed, then to have never tried at all. Each day of life presents us with the opportunity to be the Tortoise; it is what you choose to do with them that defines, if you are him, or the other creatures of the wood.

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I understand..That will get repealed back..A lot of Dems will have a problem with that..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Heck…….that’s a big question….I guess I’d just think about Dubya and how he tried to protect all of us humans…..and he WAS human — and try to forget how inhumane Obama is…..

I guess I just wouldn’t put them in the same sentence – and I’d try to close things off with “happy thoughts”………not a great answer, I know

……my response wasn’t a criticism of your post……it was a reaction to the sadness that welled up in my chest when I read it………

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

They already hate you, just for serving. Then they’ll hate you more, for competing with them. Good luck.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

What a waste. That’s what I think every time I listen to that last one. He was such a great guitarist.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

They say politics makes strange bedfellows but I’ve had some doozies from hanging out at the bus station.

SparkPlug on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

It’s time to put the Jeb-Rove-Rubio-Norquist-Progressive-GOP into retirement. They’re ruining what remaining optimism there is for a GOP Presidency and resurging majority among the Right. Of course, that could be among their motives, but it’s time to give them the “no” stare.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Couldn’t agree more, but think just for a minute about this scenario, and try to stay away from your gun closet while you do.

Jeb v. Michelle.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:13 AM

It was excellent. I’m sorry, but I multitask when I’m here quite often.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Jackie – you have lit up my soul several nights here, and put a warm spark and a shine of happiness in a place that was cold and dark and sad………

No one can measure the value of that…..

You don’t owe me an explanation for ANYTHING……..

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

bluefox on April 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I hope it doesn’t but it will, with big numbers. Both sides will sell the land and her citizens.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM

The primary purpose and responsibility of the Executive Branch is to protect and defend our nation and including the Cabinet, DoJ specifically, to enforce our laws.

That’s the one thing they are not only not doing but about which they, along with many in Congress, are denigrating, complaining about, ridiculing…

If you drive a car over a cliff, and herein I apply an analogy with the “Reagan Amnesty” that even Reagan later admitted was a big mistake due to trusting those whom should not have been trusted to comply with “increased enforcement” and that that deed would be a one-time-event (meaning, never again)…

…if you drive that car over a cliff, and you survive it while wrecking that car, most people would never again drive a car off a cliff, would take extra care around cliffs and driving, would remember the special responsibility they carry for surviving such a near-mortal event.

But not Obama. Not Congress. Not fevered Gimmee’s from just about everywhere who think they’re deserving of extra special helpings of free stuff and special passes for their specialness from America.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:20 AM

And they’ll hate MarshFox even more for setting the bar so very high and being the mirror that makes the reflection of what they are unavoidable.

When they recognize MarshFox for who he is, they’ll be forced to see themselves… clearly.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Jeb v. Michelle.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Indeed. The HA archives have my previous comment/s on her running…all in the family, unless they run Deval, just for a front. Obama wants to make billions, but be in charge of the world, indirectly.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Jeb v. Michelle.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

= Mexico v. Detroit.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

If even a tiny portion of what you say is so… then the Glade’s existence is completely justified. Thank you. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hey, I am on two different terror lists or some such, I should be a shoe in right;)

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Rum is onboard ship..Glade is justified..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yeah, I share your grief in that regard.

I think back to the night of the Nov. 2008 election. It was raining, a steamy, still night with a sick rain, one of the few rainy nights I didn’t find comforting.

The car radio carried agitated, stoned rockandrollers from some other space unknown to me who were leaned into their microphones, slobbering in lust and creepy passion like a stinky big guy who jumps a sweet young girl in an alley.

“And now, it’s allll over, alllll that baaad stuff from the Bush era, it’s allll over, and…”

It was a terrible night. I drove home, I walked indoors, I smelled stinking asphalt on the way. A terrible, awful, foreboding night of bad things to come.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I’ve thought about that. I’m not certain she’d run. She hates people. Not just people she feels are beneath her social class, she just hates people.

I’ve read accounts of her time as the First Lady. She’s run through more staff than ANY previous First Lady. Of course, it helps that she HIRED the largest staff of any First Lady, but she fires people left and right and they actually quit at an astonishing pace. She’s brutal to them and expects to be treated like a queen.

She loves her posh vacations, and she wouldn’t much care for actually having to work, or get along. She has made it abundantly clear that she actually hates being First Lady.

I’m leaning toward her not wanting to do anything more fatiguing than ‘talk’ for big money… sign her name to a book or two, ghost written… and spend, spend, spend.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

MarshFox on April 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM

LOL! Those should be sterling credentials with that crew. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Notice we don’t see any more photos of her pretending to grovel in her, uhh, garden.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Jeb v. Michelle.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

No Republican candidate ?

burrata on April 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM

:) Keep an eye out for Tommy71. He’s declared himself a ‘rum pirate’ and declared his intent to steal the rum. I’m watching out for Dave, too, just to be careful. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

She and her roommate certainly do appear to expect to live lives of pleasured celebrity. Grifters. Not nice people, I agree, not nice at all.

What puzzles me is why anyone would find either of those two fascinating beyond wanting to close the front door on them when they knock.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM

You know, those boots she wore for those photo ops in that garden are $750 a pair.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM

bluefox on April 25, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

You may be right. I never thot I’d see Rubio joining Schumer and the other enemies. But here we are. Rand flip flopping today.

Difficult times that’s for sure.

bluefox on April 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yes, to you, too. Only now I’m depressed after recalling that dreadful night in November 2008 after the election results were announced.

I’m gonna’ go watch THE HOBBIT again just to escape reality for a while. By the way, it’s a much better film than the LOTR series, THE HOBBIT is. Uplifting, actually.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM

They are bonafide members of that inner circle of the LEFT. They are the children of lifelong members. They have spent their entire adult lives burnishing those credentials and strengthening those links. The LEFT will always see that they are cosseted and feted, since they mark a milestone on the Leftist road.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Actually……(he said clearing his throat guiltily)……you’re probably right….

My daughter….who pretty much doesn’t talk to me anymore (long story) lives IN London, and I have Actually Been on Shaftesbury Avenue…..Wonderful place……..

So – I was “groking” with your Dire Straits posts, and thinking about your sense of melody – and then I connected Knopfler with London and I thought about my daughter…..and I went straight to that song…..had this picture of us strolling down the very wide Shaftesbury Avenue in the bright sunlight, with all the little shops……and then I did say “girl” – which I meant as a reference to the fact that I was responding to your selections, you know – like a conversation…….

So I guess I did mean it for you explicitly *blushes*……….

Hope that’s not too creepy……

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Why I think they let Deval ‘shine’ in Boston, not that anyone did. They hate Hillary.

Maybe it’ll be Hillary/Jeb, on the R, which is now the socialist ticket.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

The HIGLY ANNOYING “autoplay” video that allahpundit has Vexed us with DOES have one very cogent part:

Those words aren’t even IN Obama’s vocabulary —- OR The Media;s…..

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Fixed my firewall to not allow anything from kaltura.com

Anyone who does a push onto me rather than letting me pull gets the same treatment….

unclesmrgol on April 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

+ 100..Hear..Hear..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I don’t fault anyone spending their own money on themselves as they want to — not that you are there, either — but when someone/anyone is so clearly defined by ghastly vanity and usery as she is (“she” being You-know-Who), it’s intolerable, they are intolerable.

Her plastic and cosmetic surgeries and treatments are more than enough to define her as creepy but all her expenditures luxuriating in such vain, self-centered manner, it’s so offensive, so terribly offensive. So non-appealing, so offensive.

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Thought the same, myself, Jackie, but power is an aphrodisiac like no other. It consumes the soul, and revitalizes the soul-less, equally and without abandon. Never underestimate the thirst of the Left.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Siiiigh – I sooo Get That, Lourdes…….EXACTLY……..I had a bad time that night, too – even though I knew it was coming….I still voted for Sarah……….sad times, indeed……

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

:) Of course you’re a part of the conversation here. Sometimes, when I’m rummaging for tunes, or when I’m working, I lose track of moments on the thread. I think we all do.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Also keep an eye out for Spark Plug..:)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:44 AM

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

You’ll note that I didn’t mention that she has zero qualification for the office. I understand the Left, and I understand the kind of greed we’re seeing demonstrated by Michelle Antoinette and her ‘Louis’.

Good evening, TXUS. How are you? :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:44 AM

LOL! Always. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM

The LOR series movies were very fine movies in my humble opinion..:):)

Dire Straits on April 25, 2013 at 1:46 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

May as well just say this:

Jackie – it’s All true…….every scintilla of it!

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

this is pretty brutal

The Gang’s bill would bring about a demographic transformation of the United States by enabling tens of millions new immigrants, largely through the perverse policy of chain immigration. The consequences of inundating the United States with tens of millions of uneducated, low-wage workers are poorly understood, but certain to be bad. I can understand why some Democrats would favor this kind of radical transformation of America, which they don’t much like to begin with. But why any Republicans would look favorably on it is beyond me.

turns out that someone is actually reading the bill. And actually summarizing it for us…thanks Jeff Sessions

r keller on April 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

It’s the notion that she ( and he) like to project themselves as ‘of the middle class’ and ‘minorities’ and ‘from humble, challenged backgrounds’ and then engage in such vulgar excess while there are those by the millions in this nation who are unemployed, underemployed, and barely able to manage their modest lifestyle and the barest necessities, that aggravates me, Lourdes.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM

williamg on April 25, 2013 at 1:47 AM

You’re very kind, williamg. I’m glad you enjoy the Glade. It’s meant as a place for people to come at the end of the day to unwind and relax. It’s why it was created and why it is sustained.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I can just picture Jeb’s toes curling up in those brand new cowboy boots he’s trying to shove his pudgy feet into as he thinks of sharing a ticket with H.R.Clinton.

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Makes two of them :)

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Midnight Blues – Moore

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Agreed! LOL! :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:56 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I’m fine, thanks for asking. In fact, I’ve been so lucky and blessed that if I die tomorrow, I want to come back as me. You?

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

The Jeb Bush caravan has arrived. They’re trying to romanticize the Bush era in this awful Obama era. Yawn! Sorry, trial balloon ain’t working.

tommy71 on April 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 2:01 AM

That’s wonderful, TXUS, and a great turn of phrase, as well. :)

I’m fine. Thanks for asking. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

tommy71 on April 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Good evening, Tommy. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Hiya, Jackie. Hows you?

tommy71 on April 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Sometimes… no matter how much we want to fly… no matter how hard we try to fly… we get all tangled up in… Gravity. Mayer

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

tommy71 on April 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I’m fine, Tommy. Thanks for asking. See you soon. Goodnight. :)

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM

thatsafactjack on April 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM

And, of course, that the vast majority of those millions are minorities and from humble, challenged backgrounds means not a whit to them. Vulgar is but a kind description when it comes to this pair. They live in the deep places, below the imagination of the bereft.

TXUS on April 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Nothing like starting off a new day with a growl…

Yahoo! headline: “Meet 9 recovering Boston explosion victims.”

I guess I missed the memo telling us the bombing has been downgraded to an ‘explosion’.

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:10 AM

BAN AUTOPLAY!!!

davidk on April 25, 2013 at 6:25 AM

oh goody, its going to be bash bush today non stop…comparing how bad he was to dear leader is like totally awesome…

tingles already giving him crapola and he is going to anchor for msdnc…perfect

how many times will we hear katrina and no wmd

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

tingles already giving him crapola and he is going to anchor for msdnc…perfect

how many times will we hear katrina and no wmd

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Liberals are still freaked out about Reagan. Heck! They can’t let go of Nixon, either.

OCD anyone?

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM

OCD anyone?

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM

good point

theyre going to be in overdrive today, i can hear it now…

‘look how dear leader looks great among all of them’…blech

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Meanwhile, the 47% will not be 47% for very long. Illegals and Muslim Terrorists, included. My take.

kingsjester on April 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM

it sounds like there is going to be a huge scandal with congress and their aides trying to get exempt from obamacare…

own it dems, own it

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM

politico is doing their best to shade w in a bad light…try to sound balanced but way to snarky

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM

own it dems, own it

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM

The LSM will ignore it, like they’re ignoring Obama’s plan to limit retirement account holdings to $3 million while exempting himself. His pension and other goodies amount to $5 million.

If they do talk about it, they’ll find a way to claim it’s a Republican idea.

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Lourdes on April 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Michelle Obama had plastic surgery??? This is news to me. What did she have done?

bluegill on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

bluegill on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Lipoenhancement, it looks like.

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:51 AM

great take KJ

the last line is SPOT ON

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:59 AM

If they do talk about it, they’ll find a way to claim it’s a Republican idea.

Liam on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

you’re probably right…they did say steny hoyer came up to boehner and initiate this…hoyer would probably deny it…

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM

blueball on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

…as usual…you aren’t very observant..

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM

kingsjester on April 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM

…gee kj…that’s the 2nd thing…that started my day…off wrong!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2013 at 7:05 AM

joe’s daily gun rant…he still on the terrorist is going to go to a gun show and buy a gun without a background check….

idiot

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM

how many times will we hear katrina and no wmd

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Don’t forget My Pet Goat.

Conversely, it was nice to have a leader on 9/11/01 who dealt with the atrocities for what they were- at terrorist attack by Islam.

I can’t help but think that the rat-eared coward, in the same situation, would immediately tell us not to jump to conclusions. This administration would go into overdrive seeking to prove that this was not an attack by Islam but a pack of 20 lone wolves and a one off event. The deaths of 3000 would be deemed the most extensive “workplace-related violence” in history. Filthy bastard. He shouldn’t be on the same stage at the Bush presidents.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 7:23 AM

idiot

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Oh good lord! How much do you suppose Joe is getting from Bloomberg or Gabby Giffords to keep up this insane anti-gun rant? It just makes him look all that much more insignificant.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MORE Progressive Big gov loving republican Presidents.

And no more wasted wars where thousands of Americans die because politicians won’t WIN THE WAR and get it over with.

PappyD61 on April 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

bluegill on April 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Doesn’t matter there is no such thing as a personality transplant and the ugly racist America-hating whore seeps through no matter what hairstyle she is currently sporting.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 7:23 AM

well said

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

mika is right there with him…

cmsinaz on April 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM

PappyD61 on April 25, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Yeah because those troops fare so much better under America-hating socialist Democrat dictators.

Idiot.