Video: American culture now generating entire movie franchises about Thor

posted at 5:21 pm on April 23, 2013 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate. Alternate headline: “American culture now generating magazines willing to do shot-by-shot analyses of movie trailers about Thor.” I’ve said this before but it’s been awhile, so let me say it again: The Aquaman movie is coming. Not now, maybe not soon, but eventually. It has to, if only by process of elimination. Someday you’ll be standing in front of a theater, staring at an “Aquaman” movie poster, glancing at the ticket window, and wondering if you can go through with it. But there’ll be nothing else playing except Thor VIII and the seventeenth reboot of “Spider-Man,” and you’ll already have seen each of those three times apiece. At that moment, as you take your first tentative step towards the cashier, know this: You made this happen. You could have said no to Thor VII and the sixteenth Spidey reboot, but you went anyway. You rewarded them for it. And now, oblivion.

Interesting cast for this one, though. Lots of good actors, plus Natalie Portman. Exit prediction: By, say, 2025, all films released each year by Hollywood will take place in the same universe. Even Tarantino’s movies will be contractually required to include an Iron Man cameo or whatever.

Comments

Lots of good actors, plus Natalie Portman.

AP at the top of his game!

stvnscott on April 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I eagerly await Django verse Ironmans’s hegemonic corporate power structure

rob verdi on April 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Patton Oswalt Star Wars/Avenger Rant This is where we’re headed when all movie universes collide in one movie!

nextgen_repub on April 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Vinny Chase played Aquaman, and Aquaman beat Spiderman’s opening numbers on HBO’s Entourage.

El_Terrible on April 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Ant-Man movie is coming out soon.

Nerds have too much money.

sentinelrules on April 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Hate to break it to you AP…but Marvel will release Sub-Mariner before Aquaman see’s the light of day!

I’ve only ever known girls that like DC!

b4itsover on April 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Which one? Do you have any idea how many parallel universes there are in the Marvel Universe and the DC Universe?

And the latter number was even greater before the Crisis on Infinite Earths that blew up most of DC’s.

Marvel and DC Universe movies ad infinitum. That’s enough to make even Opal Luna Saturnyne, the Multiversal Majestrix, run screaming in terror.

(I’m talking a certified girlie scream here, not her usual bellow of rage when some X-Man, like Psylocke, blows her latest grand scheme by not acting as predicted. You’d think OLS would have figured that one out by now.)

cheers

eon

eon on April 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Ant-Man movie is coming out soon.

Nerds have too much money.

sentinelrules on April 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Not having kids will do that I guess.

Isn’t there a Doctor Strange movie or something like that also coming out?

El_Terrible on April 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

There is a blessing about being single: I don’t have a boyfriend trying to drag me to these crappy movies!

terryannonline on April 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

The first Thor was pretty good. Looking forward to this.

mythicknight on April 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

WOW! For some reason I thought there was already a second Thor movie and this was the third. But in the second Thor movie, that Natalie Portman wasn’t in it and it sucked. Her dad was in it though. Maybe I dreamt it or I’m mixing some of the other movies. Very weird. Or maybe it’s the sheer awfulness of Black Swan that has me subconsciously frightened of Portman. Damn that was a bad movie.

MrX on April 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I’m still waiting for the Howard Stern Fartman movie.

Mark1971 on April 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Now what good would 1080P be without Ironman, Thor, The Transporter, Jason Bourne and all the other adrenaline generating action movies.

fourdeucer on April 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Lots of people really do pay to see these movies, don’t they? Fascinating.

Curtiss on April 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I’m loving the superhero movies! And honestly, I would love to see an Aquaman film!

tvor03 on April 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Freaka-zoid The Movie

That, or The Blue Tick.

I’ll be happy with either.

BobMbx on April 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

OOOps, forgot to add THX surround sound, if the windows don’t rattle I can’t hear it.

fourdeucer on April 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Like any of this is a BAD thing? Comic book movies are the modern Western, morality tales involving bigger than life characters. Enjoy it, it won’t last forever.

creatocon on April 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Thor thubject.

coldwarrior on April 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

terryannonline on April 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Hey, there are a lot of us men who are sick of the 33rd iteration of some super hero comic book we read 20+ years ago as a kid/teen. And they are getting worse, not better.

deepdiver on April 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Hmmmm…
New Iron Man 3 trailer.

Count to 10 on April 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Aquaman can talk to fish – which is awesome.

Ted Torgerson on April 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I’m waiting for Fantastic Four 3

El_Terrible on April 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

On that Iron Man 3 trailer — the final scene of a couple dozen “Iron Man” suits coming in as “back up” would be particularly cool if those are actual people instead of just drones.

Count to 10 on April 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Don’t forget the New Universe. Long Live 1984!

Viva Power Pack!

joeindc44 on April 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM

It could be much much worse… movies could go all in with mostly reality tv type stuff

El_Terrible on April 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I’m waiting for a movie based on The Watcher. Er, wait that would be me…or us.

GreenBlade on April 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

C’mon when are we going to get our first ghey super hero movie!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

“And now, oblivion.”

Just wait until the Obowma series of films start…

… “The Choom Gang“, “Michelle and Barry, the Love Story“, “Ruling the World“, “It was Bush’s Fault“, “Executive Orders“, etc., etc.

Seven Percent Solution on April 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

terryannonline on April 23, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I took a female friend to see the first Thor movie. I liked the special effects and story. She liked, um, other things.

MichaelGabriel on April 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Must be a trick question, since everyone’s ghey!

joeindc44 on April 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I’m waiting for Fantastic Four 3

El_Terrible on April 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I’m waiting for Fantastic Four 3 too one day soon!

Rod on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

coldwarrior on April 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

The god of thunder rode to war
upon his favorite filly.

“I’m Thor!” he cried
and his horse replied

“You forgot your thaddle, thilly!

exitus on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Just wait until the Obowma series of films start…

Seven Percent Solution on April 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I was thinking those would fall under Halloween XX, Halloween XXI, Halloween XXII, Halloween XXIII, Halloween XXIV, etc., etc.

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Even though Im one of the people who are leading to the eventual creation of the Aquaman movie, I really dont care.

I enjoy what Marvel has done and have really enjoyed those movies. Iron Man 3 looks great, Thor 2 looks good, and Cap. America 2 should be pretty good as well.
Not to mention the next Avengers, which will probably be another huge blockbuster.

I like how everything wraps into the next movie and the story just keeps building.

Blu3Yeti on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I’m waiting for Fantastic Four 3 too one day soon!

Rod on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Will that be sponsored by Fifth Third Bank?

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

The god of thunder rode to war
upon his favorite filly.

“I’m Thor!” he cried
and his horse replied

“You forgot your thaddle, thilly!

exitus on April 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I knew it! A ghey super hero!!!!

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM

On a tangent note, I’m quite enjoying The Vikings series

mdenis39 on April 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM

And of course “dark” is in the title, gotta make everything “dark” cuz “dark” is edgy and super cereal you guys and if it’s “dark” then hey, it’s ok for 40 year old guys to go see it cuz it’s not a comic book movie, it’s a “dark” movie.

clearbluesky on April 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Lots of good actors, plus Natalie Portman.

I see what you did there.

But seriously, bring on Tom Hiddleston. Team Loki, baby.

tdpwells on April 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We already did. It’s called Batman & Robin. As for the Thor 2 teaser, it looks good. Doesn’t seem to be as bogged down by The Avengers stuff which helps. Plus they hint at Natalie Portman getting killed off which is cool.

Doughboy on April 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM

And, when will be treated to the Mitch Rapp series of big screen action thrillers based on the best selling author Vince Flynn?

fourdeucer on April 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Now then…

Should they make a decent remake of Wonder Woman, perhaps Kaley Cuoco in the lead role…

coldwarrior on April 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM

El_Terrible

Talk about miscasting, lol. Vinny was about as far from Aquaman as you can get.

xblade on April 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

It won’t be over until they do Super Chicken.

And mean it.

trigon on April 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM

The Aquaman movie is coming.

Blllpt!
Not until after Shazam, Codpiece, and Squirrel Girl.
By which time I hope to be dead or in suspended animation to Bernard’s Star.

LincolntheHun on April 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Ant-Man movie is coming out soon.

Nerds have too much money.

sentinelrules on April 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I have a friend who collected thousands of comic books from the “Golden Age” of comics.

You know, Spiderman #1, Iron Man #1, Thor #1 Amazing Fantasy, etc., all in mint condition.

He showed me an episode of Comic Book Men where someone walked in with one comic book from that era, asking the price…..$18,000.

Every time one of these movies comes out, the prices go up in value.

All my friends’ mosty valuable comic books are in a safe now.

MichaelGabriel on April 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I see what you did there.

Red Cloud on April 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM

All my friends’ mosty valuable comic books are in a safe now.

MichaelGabriel

Action figures, comic books, is your friend at 40 yr. old virgin?

JAM on April 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

First:

1. Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

2. Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

3. The Lost Saucer

. . . possibly:

4. Gypsy B****.

Number 4 will only happen if I can get financing, but seriously, a gypsy babe taking it to rustic village weirdos while looking amazing — just think about it and have your people call my people.

First 3, for sure.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Wish they’d make the live-action Skyrim trailer into a movie.

MelonCollie on April 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Action figures, comic books, is your friend at 40 yr. old virgin?

JAM on April 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Been married 39 years. They say it’s good for marriages for the partners to have different interests. In their case, also lucrative.

MichaelGabriel on April 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM

And while they’re at it, how about a Rambo-like movie for the real men here who haven’t gotten past high school where making fun of nerds was the height of jock humor?

Maybe it can have a plotline of a half-dozen seeing on TV at their favorite bar that the final order to withdraw from Iraq has been given, whereupon their semi-elected leader puts down his beer (a sign that things he’s gonna get serious), and says:

“Bah golly…ah think it’s time we did something.”

The movie should end with them escaping from an exploding nuclear plant in the a squad of six vehicles they rebuilt from rejects/wrecks of NASCAR races.

MelonCollie on April 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Action figures, comic books, is your friend at 40 yr. old virgin?

JAM on April 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

MichaelGabriel on April 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM

*snerk* Want some peanut butter for that foot, jam?

BTW – tell your friends I said congrats, Michael.

MelonCollie on April 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I’m waiting for “The Atom”-Ray Palmer

gerrym51 on April 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I can say with certainty this won’t happen to me. Not any aspect of it.

DanMan on April 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ant-Man movie is coming out soon.

Nerds have too much money.

sentinelrules on April 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Cause they live at home NOT paying rent. Trust me, I know.

msupertas on April 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

* ROM!

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Cause they live at home NOT paying rent. Trust me, I know.

msupertas on April 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Heh. It is pretty sweet.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Can’t we have Silver Surfer instead of Aquaman?

TexasDan on April 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I’ve been enjoying the comic book movies. I think they’re fun.

I also like that I can take my son and maybe one or two of his friends to see a matinee that we all can enjoy at least a little bit. It reminds me of being a kid and going to the movies with my dad or cousin.

AScott on April 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Wish they’d make the live-action Skyrim trailer into a movie.

MelonCollie on April 23, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I just looked this up after seeing your comment. Pretty neat looking, though in the actual game, all of the village people run toward the dragons to fight them.

Count to 10 on April 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM

BTW – tell your friends I said congrats, Michael.

MelonCollie on April 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Thanks, will do.

Personally, I don’t care much for superhero movies. Never saw any of the Batman, Spiderman, Superman movies, except on cable.

Much more into science fiction. Especially the ones that take place on other planets, Like these.
Ones, that take place on earth, like the new Obivion movie aren’t as interesting.

Thats, why I liked the Thor movie, half of it takes place on other planets.

MichaelGabriel on April 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I vote for J’onn J’onzz – The Martian Manhunter…

AesopFan on April 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I love superhero movies. The heroes are so super.

And Thor is the super hunkiest of them all. I can hardly wait.

Lily on April 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Lots of good actors, plus Natalie Portman.

Truer words were never spoken.

This Thor movie looks a little too self-serious, kind of like the first one. I did like Hiddleston in that, but I thought he overplayed his Avengers role. We’ll see if he finds an equilibrium for this.

Bring on Iron Man 3 and Superman…

mrsknightley on April 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Hotair is such a great place for movie critics, plus Allahpundit.

thedude on April 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Could Allahpundit and a few authors of comments make more old man ‘get off my lawn’ type posts? These are popcorn, chill the heck out and enjoy the brain candy type movies.

Go to your fancy art house flicks if you can’t take the pickle out and chill out…

Chubbs65 on April 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM

The first Thor was pretty good. Looking forward to this.

mythicknight on April 23, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Agreed – it was much better than IM2 or either hulk flick.

The girl has to be his weakness by the way, Thor is pretty much on top of the pecking order no matter the tech of IM, or hulks anger. Flame on!

Hilarious article btw AP.

LaughterJones on April 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Wait, what? Did I miss all those scenes in Avengers where the opposite happened?

@thedude – oh SNAP.

mrsknightley on April 23, 2013 at 7:38 PM

As long as we’re goofing off:

Awakening the morning after the orgy, the god of war was stretching sleepily when he noticed a lovely Valkyrie standing in the doorway.
“Good morning,” he said. “I’m Thor.”
“You’re thor?” she replied. “I’m tho thor I can hardly pith.”

LooseCannon on April 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I’m holding out for the JSA movie featuring Mr. Terrific and Johnny Thunder. And Ma Hunkel, the original Red Tornado.

malclave on April 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Lots of good actors, plus Natalie Portman.

LOL!

itsnotaboutme on April 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Lots of people really do pay Hollywood Democrat sugar daddies to see these movies this pap, don’t they? Fascinating.

Curtiss on April 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM

FIFM

S. D. on April 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Give me “Thor” and a battle between distinguishable GOOD AND EVIL, any day.

Compared to what else is going on with the culture:

Mayor Bloomberg

MSNBC

Reese Witherspoon and 30 minute special on her DUI whatever

Matthew McConawhatisname and him being skinny

The Kardashians

Ke$ha

Justin Believer and his rantings in his droopy drawers

Hillary Clinton and how awesome that incompetent slug is

Rubio, Schumer and McCain and his buddy Lindley Grahamnesty

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne and “divorce rumors”

Why Faith Hill won’t be on the NFL this fall

Anything on the primetime tv schedule for this Fall

Michelle Obama and another article about her toned arms

That PSY commercial for the green nuts

BRING ON THOR!!

PappyD61 on April 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was the Hurt Locker. I’m not missing much am I? Movies these days aren’t worth paying more than $1.20 to see at redbox.

jhffmn on April 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Give me “Thor” and a battle between distinguishable GOOD AND EVIL, any day.

…..and maybe one reason why these types of Marvel flicks are so popular is the movies are the only place that you can actually see really good and really evil do battle……..and most of the time GOOD WINS.

Maybe our culture seeks that in greater volume as it becomes rarer in more and more places?

PappyD61 on April 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

jhffmn on April 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM

The last movie I saw in a theater was “Pearl Harbor” and only then to point out to several friends that the “harbor” was chock full of Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates and Spruance-class destroyers.

Gonna have to be one hell of a movie for me to spend good money (and finance some Hollywood leftist) for the privilege.

coldwarrior on April 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM

PappyD61 on April 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

75 years ago, Superman hit the streets.

And the world in 1938 was going to hell in a handbasket, fast. Seemed precious little our government, or nation, us, we, the People, could do about any of it, except hold on and try to survive the ride.

So…your premise…Good vs Evil (with Good winning….) is valid.

We got to find it somewhere.

Reality isn’t doing so good right now.

coldwarrior on April 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

LOL!

itsnotaboutme on April 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Last few days, AP’s been in his stride. :)

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I’ve been waiting for them to pick up the DC hero that would so fly in the face of our current brand of polical correctness, that it might even make heads “literally” explode! (Including, hopefully, “Me Shells”)

That’s right, its time for the greatest blockbuster of all time:

Matter-Eater Lad !!!

Fatal on April 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Silver lining – maybe we are getting back to our viking roots. Translation: talk to the hammer.

stuartm650 on April 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Can’t we have Silver Surfer instead of Aquaman?

TexasDan on April 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Sorry dude, they already did the Silver Surfer:

First he was THE major plot point in Fantastic Four 2 and now he is likely getting his own movie.

Fatal on April 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Comic books as movies. This is how it’s done. Each movie represents a particular issue or story arc.

I get the feeling that Thor II is supposed to tie into an Avengers II movie vis-a-vis Thanos, just as the first Captain America movie and Thor movie helped to provide a foundation for the first Avengers movie along with Iron Man.

At least Marvel’s not making an Ant-Man movie.

Oh wait… they are…

*facepalm*

I suspect people will draw a movie-going line somewhere. At least Thor has some interesting elements. Ant-Man/Giant-Man? Oooh, he can get really small and then really big.

If DC makes an Aquaman movie, that might be more palatable than if Marvel makes a Namor movie… they’ll really be scraping the barrel then. Of course, if Marvel or DC makes an Aquaman or Namor movie, who wants to make a bet they don’t shill for algor?

For me, at this rate, with the state of technology and interest in comic books for movies, why shouldn’t we see Cerebus, Elfquest or Strangers In Paradise make it to the big screen??

Logus on April 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I really want to say to all of you detractors who don’t like comic book movies, get over it. But then again, if you’re willing to devote this much time to trash movies that I will bet you secretly like, I can wait till summer 2014 when Marvel throws Guardians of the Galaxy you way and you’re confronted with Rocket Raccoon for the first time in your life. Allahpundit’s gonna have an aneurysm.

By the way, how many of you anti-comic book movie people are Walking Dead fans?

I’m sorry, I’ll take a comic book movie of any kind over another reboot of an old TV show any day of the week. You get more original stories from comic books.

Pcoop on April 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

scuse me

*I CAN’T wait

Pcoop on April 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM

That’s right, its time for the greatest blockbuster of all time:

Matter-Eater Lad !!!

Fatal on April 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Matter-Eater Lad is okay, but if there’s going to be a movie about a Legionnaire I’d rather see Bouncing Boy.

Bouncing Boy is a hero that speaks to much of America. He’s a fat kid who not only gets a cute girl, but the girl can split into three identical copies of herself. So, not only can he have a foursome… but he can have a foursome without his girlfriend/ wife accusing him of cheating, or of thinking some other girl is prettier than she is, or any other garbage like that.

Truly, a superhero movie for the beta male.

malclave on April 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I can’t wait till summer 2014 when Marvel throws Guardians of the Galaxy you way and you’re confronted with Rocket Raccoon for the first time in your life. Allahpundit’s gonna have an aneurysm.

Pcoop on April 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I just wish there would be a Marvel/ DC crossover with the Guardians of the Galaxy vs the Green Lantern Corps.

Rocket Raccoon vs. Ch’p in a grudge match…

malclave on April 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM

God I hate it when Allahpundit dishes on movies, comic books, movies based on comic books, etc…How can someone so insightful on most things be such an irritating, negative, snotty little brat on these things. Whenever I see him post on these subjects I keep telling myself,DON’T READ IT DON’T READ IT, and like a chump I always do.
Dear Allah (pundit),
It’s me Jason. Can you hear me?
If so, please stop talking about movies, sci fi, comic books, etc…
It makes me not like you and I want to like you.

All in fun, man. I hope someday you can find true joy, wonder, and escapism. Take care

Jason Alexander on April 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Release the Snarken!!

clancy_wiggum on April 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Sorry AP, you won’t get your Aquaman movie. Warner doesn’t understand anything that doesn’t have a Bat or come fron Krypton.

Marvel/Disney: Let’s do these solo movies, so we can do a big movie without having to spend two hours on the origins of the characters.

*Avengers comes out and it is good*

DC/Warner: LEt’s do a Justice League movie! The Avengers made buckets of money how hard can it be to have 7 heroes, 4 of which have no franchise?

DC does better on TV, though SHIELD might change that.

The_Livewire on April 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Every superhero movie is the same movie. Oh, the costumes change and powers vary but they all the same movie. The thinking moviegoer gets bored by the second one and embarrassed by the third.

tommyboy on April 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I thought that’s what the first Thor movie was.

We already did. It’s called Batman & Robin.

Doughboy on April 23, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Oops. Forgot about that one.

Aquaman can talk to fish – which is awesome.

Ted Torgerson on April 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

And, what makes you think fish have much of anything interesting to say? Seriously, out of all the superpowers, he gets to talk to fish? The guy who throws cards has a better power.

GWB on April 24, 2013 at 9:31 AM

tommyboy: That is true, but it does not follow that all because they have the same plot that they are bad movies.

Most are epic journeys. That plot structure has changed for thousands of years. If you’re only noticing this now, go reread the Odyssey and compare to, say, Thor.

Scott H on April 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Aquaman has to be dealing with a continent-sized inferiority complex. I mean, what’s his “super power”? He can TALK TO FISH!

What the hell could a fish possibly have to talk about?

mojo on April 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Messing with the wrong little button.

I have a movie plot where a US President who is a philanderer and a peanut farmer offends the almighty so bad that he turns the forces of Allah into a super army. The Prez can’t push the button and the public supports him. The US is quickly conquered and then..

the new Muslim rulers start a real “War on Women” which is ignored at first since the last one by the GOP was so silly.

The real battles start when the gals who wanted free contraception and uniform happy hours and ladies nights in bars hear about involuntary clitoris removal.

Women resurrect “total victory”, “no mercy” doctrines from old far right materials and in a weird remake of history, substitute various Chippendales in photo spots where Curtis LeMay and Barry Goldwater and even Dick Cheny’s photos used to appear.

After retaking the US, the American nation is united in a relentless campaign to completely remove any idea of that surgery in the world.

IlikedAUH2O on April 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Nutstuyu on April 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I guess you missed daredevil….

runawayyyy on April 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM