Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

A row has broken out over whether the Obama Administration is violating the legal due process of Boston terror suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev by not reading him his Miranda rights before questioning. The more relevant question for the safety of the U.S. homeland is why the Administration has declined to designate him as a terrorist enemy combatant…

Boylston Street sure looked like a battlefield on Monday, and so did Watertown on Thursday night… The vital distinction for public safety is between common criminals, who deserve due process protections, and enemy combatants at war with the U.S., wherever they are.

As for due process, the greatest danger to liberty would be to allow more such attacks that would inspire an even greater public backlash against Muslims or free speech or worse. The anti-antiterror types on the left and GOP Senators who agree that the U.S. isn’t part of the battlefield are making the U.S. more vulnerable.

***

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) countered he’s “not aware of any legal basis at this point for such a designation” of enemy combatant status in this case.

“I am not aware of any evidence so far that the Boston suspect is part of any organized group, let alone al Qaeda, the Taliban, or one of their affiliates — the only organizations whose members are subject to detention under the Authorization for Use of Military Force, as it has been consistently interpreted by all three branches of our government. In the absence of such evidence I know of no legal basis for his detention as an enemy combatant,” Levin continued. “To hold the suspect as an enemy combatant under these circumstances would be contrary to our laws and may even jeopardize our efforts to prosecute him for his crimes.”…

[Peter] King said people need to get off the argument that the criminal courts system is adequate because it’s successfully prosecuted terrorists before. “I don’t worry about conviction. I don’t worry about a conviction. He’s going to be convicted,” he stressed. “I want the intelligence so we can save American lives. And that can only be done I believe, effectively, if he’s treated as an enemy combatant” without access to a lawyer.

“When the public safety exception expires and it will here soon, this man in my view should be designated as a potential enemy combatant and we should be allowed to question him for intelligence gathering purposes to find out about future attacks and terrorist organizations that may exist that he has knowledge of. And that evidence cannot be used against him in trial. That evidence is used to protect us as a nation,” Graham said on CNN’s State of the Union.

***

Note that the law doesn’t characterize every terrorist an enemy combatant, only those who are involved with specific, identifiable enemies: Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Someone who commits an act of terror on behalf of any other group or movement cannot be designated an enemy combatant. It doesn’t matter if that other group is made up of leftist revolutionaries or radical jihadists, the law only permits the enemy combatant designation for Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and their minions.

As of today, there is no publicly available information to suggest that one or either of the Tsarnaevs were trained by Al Qaeda or the Taliban, received any material support from Al Qaeda or the Taliban, or in any way associated with those groups. They may have shared with Al Qaeda and the Taliban a hatred of America and a desire to kill our citizens, but that’s not enough under federal law…

The administration could do what the Bush Administration did and declare a new, untested legal status and deny Tsarnaev a lawyer and access to the courts. It would take several years before the courts ultimately sorted out whether this is appropriate, and presumably some information might be gained from him about other terrorist activities in the meantime. Yet the results of the Bush approach were less than ideal. Two terrorists, Yasir Hamdi and Jose Padilla, were subject to what the federal courts indicated was unconstitutional treatment, and both received much shorter sentences than these terrorists warranted. Indeed, Hamdi today is living abroad, free of U.S. detention.

***

Graham acknowledged as much in his press release: “As to any future trial, if this suspect is an American citizen he is not subject to military commission trial.” But he says this doesn’t matter for purposes of detention. Here’s his proposal: Throw Dzhokhar Tsarnaev into a military brig for some prolonged period of time, once his wounds heal sufficiently, and then hand him over to military and CIA interrogators, without a lawyer or any of the other rights criminal defendants are entitled to in American courts. Then turn him over to the court system later.

Graham asserts that the courts would go along with this approach, even though it’s not been used before, and Congress hasn’t authorized it. I’d like to think he’s wrong. Graham’s approach also insults the interrogation capabilities of the FBI for no particular reason. And it fails to address what happens if Tsarnaev refuses to answer questions: McCain and Graham are decent enough to say that Tsarnaev “must be humanely treated.”

It’s the American way to extend to whatever suspect is currently the most hated man in the country the protections of our laws.

***

The best solution would simply be for the Supreme Court to change course and allow the admission of all evidence gathered as a result of a civilized compulsory interrogation. Under current law, a suspect can be forced to hand over a blood sample or a fingerprint, because these items are reliable physical evidence, and they don’t violate Fifth Amendment, because blood and prints are not “witnesses,” strictly speaking, and because they are reliable in a way that pure words are not. The same logic holds for admitting all fruit and leads generated by compelled interrogation.

But even if the court won’t go that far, it should hold that in compelled interrogations involving serious and ongoing threats to public safety, evidence and leads obtained by interrogation of the suspect should always be admissible. Let’s bring coffee, donuts, and yes, lawyers, into the interrogation room. But the law should also require the suspect to answer all questions under pain of contempt—meaning he can be jailed if he refuses—and under penalty of perjury. His lawyer should understand that her job is not to aid the suspect in lying or stonewalling. Suspects will of course be tempted to lie in some situations. But even lies can often provide cues and clues to trained investigators, and interrogators should also be able to give lie-detector tests with the oversight of a judge. This is the right balance for public safety and a defendant’s rights—and the Fifth Amendment, properly understood, allows it.

***

***

***

Click the image to listen.

ml

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Oh, and this.

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Nice!

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Whatever happens to Glenn Beck’s mother of all bombshells?

VorDaj on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Dire…

KCB on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

thatsafactjack on April 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

HotAirLib on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

oh.. and tell Obama thanks for throwing open the floodgates to SSD and passing everyone possible through and doubling the rolls in four years..

Tell him thanks for making those of us really maimed feel ashamed to mention disability in public. So many fakers in there now, there’s a serious public resentment going on, just what the actually disabled needed…. and there are quite a few blue collar dems pissed about it as well..

jerk..

But you can’t say Obama ever missed a chance to manufacture more government dependents, if the system crashes.. it’ll be his fault. So he’s not doing us any favors..

mark81150 on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Radio Pyongyang on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Finally ……. this is the first half of an entire hour, Glenn gave to this today.
I’ll get the second half up tomorrow.

listens2glenn on April 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Thank you for all the work, L2G. I’ve bookmarked it. It will be tomorrow, so I’ll be a day down, but I’d otherwise not hear him at all.

I didn’t even know you had a channel going. Bookmarked that too. :)

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Glad to read that some unemployed tea partyers on this blog got jobs.

First, its always nice to see these hypocritical tea party”takers” get off their butts and become productive members of the society. Second, dont forget to give Barry his credit come UE Report time.

HotAirLib on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

O_O..wow..just..wow..:(

Dire Straits on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

LoLz..As long as you have Ginger and Mary Anne you are in very good shape..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Why did the guys want to get off that island anyway? I would have just said “Darn that SS Minnow boat will never sail again. But it would make a good love shack.”

SparkPlug on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Ken, congratulations, if you have to. I’m proud of you for not taking a gov’t job.

Just for HAL – like Resist, I’m very proud to loaf and starve the Looters, in turn the moochers. It fits the times to perfection. No, no, no, I’m not on the gov’t dole, fool.

You had a chance to be nice to Ken and for no reason you proved to be yourself, an incredible azzhole. Yet you are the ‘erudite’ ones and we are the rubes and barbarians.

Glad to be the latter, by your own standards.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Glad to read that some unemployed tea partyers on this blog got jobs.

HotAirLib on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My hat is off to you. It must be difficult to type, give a handjob, blow and get bent over all at the same time. Now sing us a tune when you clean up.

arnold ziffel on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Alright…..couldn’t resist it……

williamg on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Whatever happens to Glenn Beck’s mother of all bombshells?

VorDaj on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

he cashed in on the attention and bought another boat.

tom daschle concerned on April 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Also, it’s humid and I’m exhausted.

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

So cool. :)

I really am happy for you.

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM

p.s. Jackie is making fun of you, not RWM :)

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Forgot…Ken, make sure you send Sir Golfsalot a thank you note, for giving you a job.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Scrumpy, you know what to do. (:

SparkPlug on April 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yes… and he got a ‘special deluxe’ version wherein the judge told him THREE TIMES that the didn’t have to talk.

I’m hoping for an equally quite embolism for ‘the beast’.

thatsafactjack on April 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

thatsafactjack on April 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Foghat

gh on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

“Were” you saying …

hawkdriver on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Whatever happens to Glenn Beck’s mother of all bombshells?

VorDaj on April 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Here, Val’.

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Radio Pyongyang on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Too good not to highlight

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

williamg on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

bwhahahahahahaha…my wife just kicked open the den door wanting to know just what the H-E-dblL I was watching.

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

gh on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Very cool rendition. :)

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Also, it’s humid….

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

hehe. We put a wet sponge in your bucket.

SparkPlug on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

LoLz..As long as you have Ginger and Mary Anne you are in very good shape..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Mary Ann is ignoring me and Ginger is having a field day. :)

But I am making a war-bot out of bamboo . . . I’ll show ‘em . . . I’ll show EM ALL.

*cough*

I mean, I’m learning to make coconut creme pie.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

arnold ziffel on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Lmao…

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

This is for HAL!

I can’t help myself!!

There was a young fellow named Perkin
Who was always jerkin’ his Gherkin’
His father said Perkin
Stop jerkin’ your Gherkin
Your Gherkin’s fer ferkin’ not Jerkin’

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

LoLz..As long as you have Ginger and Mary Anne you are in very good shape..:)

Dire Straits on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Mary Ann is ignoring me and Ginger is having a field day. :)

*cough*

I mean, I’m learning to make coconut creme pie.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Sounds like a dearth of rum on ‘the island’. Learn to make coconut rum…:)

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I’m hoping for an equally quiet embolism for ‘the beast’.

thatsafactjack on April 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Not even Allah wants him.

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

p.s. Jackie is making fun of you, not RWM :)

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

That’s what I said.

And thanks for repeating it.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thank you soooooooooo much!! Bookmarked! {hugs}

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

But I’m pretty sure there’s an especially warm, and … interesting… corner down below reserved just for him.

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

hi jackie,chrissy ken, dire,spark, axe, schad, et. al.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Thanks Schad. Truth be known, I got a paper route (some may remember those) when I was 10. Though I am only 50, I have worked for the past 40 years, at least one job. Sometimes two. I have worked for the Gov’t, and as a Gov’t contractor. I was decorated by an Admiral as a civilian for actions I can’t discuss here. So I won’t sweat HAL over a few months of unemployment. Smiles!

KCB on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

HotAirLib on April 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM

What an azz you are, and I took nothing while unemployed. And the only thing I’ll give Barry credit for is causing those that can find work have many many more dependents they don’t get to claim on their taxes.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

SparkPlug on April 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Shakin’ me booty and (flutters wings) Lol!!!

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Sounds like a dearth of rum on ‘the island’. Learn to make coconut rum…:)

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Really! Why Gilligan’s Island, when I could be with Cap’n Dire Sparrow. :) I don’t need to learn to make anything. Just steer.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Hi, Fred. :)

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

At my age you know you’ve lost it when you pause the Gilligan video at Mrs Howell.

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thank you soooooooooo much!! Bookmarked! {hugs}

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

You’re welcome ( b l u s h ).

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Shakin’ me booty and (flutters wings) Lol!!!

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Oh my!!

KCB on April 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I mean, I’m learning to make coconut creme pie.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My favorite cake is coconut..Thumbs up on the pie..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Good evening Dire Fred and Schad!! :-)

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

“Were” you saying …

hawkdriver on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

lol — I had to go back a whole page just to figure out what you were correcting!

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

lol

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

One is always young again in the Glade!!

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

+100..Give him he!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Oh, and this.

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

My musical tastes are pretty eclectic,.. right now I’m listening to Beethoven’s Emperor Concerto, strange for a guy who didn’t go past high school, but I’ve always had a taste for classical symphony..

I do love the 70′s music a lot too, rock,.. was into Meatloaf, AC DC, Cheap Trick.. Queen..

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Someone spin something to get HAL’s negative waves dispersed.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Lol. I pay very little attention to most of the posters here. Most Americans don’t as well evidenced by most elections with a high turnout. That said, im always glad to see anyone find work even if I disagree with their world view.

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Hi Fred and Scrumpy.

Good evening everyone, including the one guest who’s a jerk.

p.s. HA should get pennies on each comment…wait…they do.

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Time to light one up!

brb…(flutters wings)…

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Ben Howe summed up my feeling pretty well earlier today:

“This is @amandapalmer. She writes poems for terrorists. We lose elections to people she votes for. Kill me.”

Good Solid B-Plus on April 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

It left. *clink!*

KCB on April 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Resist isn’t giving me any attention and Jackie is making fun of Resist (for) not giving me any attention.

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Someone spin something to get HAL’s negative waves dispersed.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

That much spin will require Jay Carney

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

One is always young again in the Glade!!

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Or ancient, like the starlight that’s reached so far, it’s both here and there, and within today and yesterdays uncounted.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I mean, I’m learning to make coconut creme pie.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My favorite cake is coconut..Thumbs up on the pie..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Completely from scratch, or the cheaters method with instant pudding?

My wife like banana cream pie, and I learned to make the filling from my 1971 Good House Keeping kitchen guide, eggs, milk flour sugar.. plain vanilla pudding with banana’s sliced thin and added while it’s still warm, I prefer a standard pie crust, she likes the graham shell.

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

THANK YOU, friend Schadenfreude, FOR CONTINUING TO REPEAT THIS.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Well, it could be worse…..could be “Captain Ron”……

williamg on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Oh so sad and melancholy…

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Ya think HAL even knows what hawkdriver means? I don’t mean wbat he said. I mean his handle.

I doubt it. I doubt he recognizes our doorgunner either.

The view from the basement.

wolly4321 on April 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Did you have a “dark side“??..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Someone spin something to get HAL’s negative waves dispersed.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Somebody page Oddball..

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

From scratch..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Axe on April 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

chuckle. She likes my tunes better.

H/T Schad.

SparkPlug on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My favorite cake is coconut..Thumbs up on the pie..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Completely from scratch, or the cheaters method with instant pudding?

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Chocolate. Chocolate 24/7/365.

. . . I think your Banana filling would go better with a plain crust. I’m with you.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

By the way KCB, im truly glad to hear u got a job. I was unemployed for about 3 months in 2008. That feeling of not working is the worst thing anyone can wish to a fellow human being. Best of luck.

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Yet so vast

Uncounted…

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

OmahaConservative on April 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Good evening OC..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Well, it could be worse…..could be “Captain Ron”……

williamg on April 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Wait! Did you just think of that? It’s my favorite movie; Dire is always quoting it to me. :) If you didn’t know. We’ve linked bits of it ten thousand times here and there.

That’s my dream.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Quite right. We have work to do.

wolfsDad on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Someone spin something to get HAL’s negative waves dispersed.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Somebody page Oddball..

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Going way off my stool here but you know that movie is the first movie I ever saw anyone actually use a Tiger as a German Tank instead
of some painted over M4. Of course I’m sure it had been gutted, friendly like, at some point in it’s history.

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Did you have a “dark side“??..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Who among us doesn’t?

oh wait.. I loved Pink Floyd, favorite album was the Wall LP.

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

SparkPlug on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Huh. Tag team. So cute.

Maybe Pharaoh needs two cats.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

wolfsDad on April 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Good evening!

Any more news on Becks expose?

Scrumpy on April 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Other than Fox bailing on him as a source, nothing.

nobar on April 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I have an impeccably trusted source at Fox News Radio, whom I texted this morning asking about the validity of the Beck expose.

The response “Don’t listen to that crackpot”.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on April 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thanks for that.. I’m calling my congress members tomorrow anyway to tell them to vote no on the immigration bill… I’ll also tell them I want to know where Al Harbi is and how that 2123B rating could suddenly simply disappear. I want answers.

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I know that feeling. Thanks.

KCB on April 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Someone spin something to get HAL’s negative waves dispersed.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

maybe this fits

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

So we have a government that proclaims that it can view people naked without a warrant, that it can detain people via the NDAA, can seize our guns in certain states (would try for a federal version if they have the votes), wants to be able to dictate our medical choices via the ACA, has committed shenanigan after shenanigan in the financial sphere that robs our paychecks of their worth, proclaimed the ability to read our emails without a warrant, etc and so on… And now conservatives think it is ok for our government to classify people so they can rob them of rights? Even after the liberals try to pin every tragedy on us? Forget that. Inalienable rights mean something. Terrorist scum should be dealt with and even killed if engaged in active hostilities, this arbitrary labeling of citizens in non-war zones and this new found congressional made status of enemy combatant is bull. Many conservatives are going down the big state route.

Chubbs65 on April 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

That’s my dream.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Yeah, I did – I operate off of Kerouacian, Stream-Of-Consciousness, Spontaneous Thought – Connections……

Instinct alone…….no rational thought….

williamg on April 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Too late, you egregious little toady. You told us just last November that you were only 19 years old.

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

As do we all Jackie!!

Right behind you :-)

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Chocolate. Chocolate 24/7/365.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I can do a wicked chocolate mouse pie too.. she asks for that once in a while,.. why I love the old cookbooks. They have the classic recipes that kinda faded away after the 70′s.

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

It left. *clink!*

KCB on April 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

it heard the clink

Gonna wait until Jackie comments. There’s a dearth of Jackie comments.

Axe on April 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

williamg on April 23, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Interesting!

Scrumpy on April 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Here, Val’.

listens2glenn on April 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Thanks. He may be on target but unless some heavy lifters [Senators, Major Media] pick it up, I doubt it’s going anywhere.

VorDaj on April 23, 2013 at 12:27 AM

White Shade of Pale – Procol Harum

thatsafactjack on April 23, 2013 at 12:27 AM

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

My first sarcastic comment wasn’t intended to offend you. Apologies if it did. You are one of the very few here who stays away from the personal attacks. I cant say the same for 99% of your fellow posters. Those are the ones I was being sarcastic to. The same ones who constantly attack anyone struggling to find work by calling them takers and leeches. The same ones who constantly attack anyone who has a government job or works for a union. So forgive the sarcasm when it’s revealed some if not most don’t really have jobs.

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:27 AM

hawkdriver on April 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Sorry my last comment was meant for KCB. Time for me to go to bed. Lol

HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Limerick on April 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Just cause,…

Mike Curb Congregation

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Lol. I pay very little attention to most of the posters here.
HotAirLib on April 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Now please explain to us why the Democrat Gun City of Chicago (Dear Leader’s “Home Town”) refuses to enforce its already extremely tough gun laws.

(Starts Stopwatch)

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

You might as well stop your stopwatch. My experience from dealing with folks like yourself is you don’t give a d@mn what my opinion is about Chicago gun laws. Dear leader? Chicago gun laws? okkkk.

You have already made up your mind so what is the point in me wasting my time replying your question.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

And yet you did reply to it.

A+

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Good night HAL

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Thumbs up there..We also have a bright side also..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

The response “Don’t listen to that crackpot”.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on April 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

So, does your source know how the Saudi managed to catch fire while maintaining his ambulatory ability? Oh, and who was financially supporting the brothers?

wolfsDad on April 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM