MSNBC host explains our fixation with the bombers’ roots

posted at 6:01 pm on April 21, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

I know you were all worried. The entire week has gone by and you’ve doubtless been haunted by nagging fears over exactly why you were so upset with the Brothers Tsarnaev and their recent actions in Boston and Watertown. I’m sure, like many, you were concerned that you might be unfairly judging them for their origins or Muslim connections. Fear not! You’re just fine. As MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry helpfully explains, these factors have nothing to do with recent events.

Making the point that the Tsarnaev brothers’ Muslim faith at the moment bears little relevance to the investigation into the brothers’ decision to attack the Boston Marathon last week, MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry observed that Tsarnaev’s faith is about as relevant to the investigation right now as are Ben Affleck movies about violent events in Boston. Her panel guests agreed, and said that Americans have to “otherize” violent actors in order to absolve themselves from responsibility for or connection to their violence.

“We don’t really know,” said Harris-Perry, throwing her hands up about the discussion into the Tsarnaev’s motives. “The younger brother, he’s getting all kinds of tweets from his friends. I think part of the answer is that it’s still an open question.”…

“Given that they’re Chechen, given that they are literally Caucasian, our very sense of connection to them is this framed up notion of, like, Islam making them into something that is non-[unintelligible],” Harris-Perry continued.

“The point is that it’s important to say, ‘that is not us,” Dyson agreed. “We want to demonize the other. We have to distance it from the dominant culture.”

Look… I don’t know what sent the Tsarnaev brothers over the edge, and everyone on both sides claiming that they already do know is putting the horse several miles before the cart. But over the edge they went and attempts to brush that away are flatly dishonest. And that applies to both sides, including Harris-Perry’s. It’s still entirely possible that the older brother was getting most of his information off the internet and the younger one tagged along. (That still doesn’t make him less eligible for a new office six feet underground, as I noted before.) But to pretend that much deeper, more sinister ties aren’t still a possibility, if not a probability, is willful blindness. Did the older brother spend those six months visiting with Dad or at a training camp? We don’t know yet, but further, detailed investigation may yield some answers.

But the newest MSNBC star can’t seem to relinquish the red flag on this one. Sure, it would have been great for her running meme if the bombers had turned out to be Tea Party supporters from Alabama (and some white supremacist cred wouldn’t hurt either) but that ship has already sailed. They’re either locally inspired crackpots or foreign trained fanatics. (The sleeper cell theory is the worst case scenario, and one that’s being explored now, but we’ll have to wait to see what is turned up.) But leave it to the MSNBC weekend crew to make sure we can turn this into a reason to promote progressive politics.

Lest you think I’m taking it out of context, here’s the video, courtesy of Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

5 people with exactly the same opinions spouting nonsense. What an interesting show!

ctmom on April 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Excellent article on jihad. Anybody who doesn’t know that much about it, this is a must read.

sage0925 on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

they are literally Caucasian

Justin Bieber is literally american.

Ampersand on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

ctmom on April 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Mutual admiration society…

OmahaConservative on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hey nonpartisan, why haven’t you answered yet? You said anyone who claims they talk to God or believes in spirits is an insane and stupid nutjob, so why aren’t you and your MHP saying it about Obama?

Oh, that’s right. You’re a partisan hypocrite.

northdallasthirty on April 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I’m not convinced Obama is truly Christian. He’s too intellectually evolved for me to believe that. I believe he claims it for political purposes, he’s prob agnostic or atheist imho.

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Just one more example of how FUTILE it is to be WAITING for the zombie apocalypse.
Seriously, they already walk among us.
Sigh.

pambi on April 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Her “point” is that if you’re white in America, you get a pass. Therefor, these two bombers must be seen as non-white. And she’s explaining how that happened. She’s crazy. This is what passes for critical thought on a nationally broadcast program? This is delusional thinking. She’s literally crazy.

Paul-Cincy on April 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

ctmom on April 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM

makes one wonder whatever happened to point/counterpoint

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

You’re hilarious….

now about the gun debate, skeet guns, and violence in GB……

CW on April 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Ampersand on April 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Heh, the Bomber Bros are as Caucasian as it gets. Just the wrong kind of Caucasian. Not Christian. Not Jewish. Not conservative. Not small government. Not American. Not patriots. But radical Islam terrorist.

To lefties, words are meant to be corrupted, and identity groups are meant to be exploited. Just ask George Zimmerman, who never before the progs got to him did he know he was a white Latino.

petefrt on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Bwwwahhaaaaa… Make sure you state your case in all 57 states, and don’t forget to go see Navy “corpse”men when you do..

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

That whole ‘literally Caucasian’ is an utterly feeble attempt at covering their jump-to-conclusion “God, I hope it’s a white guy” nonsense from early on. It’s all the have – without it, as incredibly meaningless and stupid as it is – they literally have nothing but to say, “yeah, we’re openly biased, ragingly stupid, and unapologetically evil from a political perspective, but – that’s all we got”.

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM

The lefties and libs in the MSM never considered that white “literal Cuacasian” Muslims could be the terrorists, or that one or more could be naturalized citizens.

Most of us on the right were focusing on one thing — Islamist terrorists. We didn’t speculate about or particularly care if they were white, brown, black, yellow, red, or olive skinned. It was irrelevant. As was whether or not the were US citizens. We already know American citizens can be jihadists.

But whether or not they were white and American born citizens was all important to the libs, the Left, and the MSM.

Now that we know they are white “literal Caucasian” radical Islamist Muslims, one of them a naturalized US citizen, they are confused and don’t know what to think.

They need someone in the WH or at the DNC to tell them what to think.

farsighted on April 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

let alone picking Biden as VP

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Oh, that’s right. You’re a partisan hypocrite.

northdallasthirty on April 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

So, then, tell us about the Christian you know who claim to have heard God speak.

(Intellectually evolved? Were you around for Ed’s Obamateurism of the Day? Apparently not.)

davidk on April 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

He’s a liar then. Literally. But then, the ends always justifies the means, right? Wow. You people are sick.

ndanielson on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Justin Bieber is literally american.

Ampersand on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I think I’ll wait for octothorpe’s opinion before I make any judgement.

Axe on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

yeah, cuz humans don’t make mistakes after they’re dead tired from endless campaigning right?

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Unbelievable that this kid can name himself “nonpartisan” and think that we won’t see through that when every word he speaks about the POS Obowmao is a tongue bath. Mocks christians and yet most assuredly kneels before an altar to his god Barky every day.

BeachBum on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

let alone picking Biden as VP

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

He he — Saw a poster that said Biden is proof that even the slow kid in the back of the class that eats glue can become somebody someday.

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

That is what makes Bret Baiers Special Report stand out. The panel is always lively and challenging. It doesn’t hurt to hear the other side without a msm filter.

ctmom on April 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

LOL, quit – I almost spit Diet Coke all over the place, that was HILARIOUS!

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Well, they are absolutely right — almost.

Nobody wants the perps to look like them, to have their culture, except certain outliers like Michael Moore, who want the perps to be exactly like him, except a bit sunburned behind the neck, and a bit more conservative.

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM

canopfor on April 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM

So, as the facts stand:

They were cleared through FED background checks.

They were clearned through FBI follow up checks.

They were supported totally by public funds.

They obtained weapons illegally.

They were followers of Islam.

They were White.

Now which one of those is the red-herring? Come on trolls. Tell us.

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Limerick:

Oh oh,I know,……”They were White”,and a special off-shoot of
a New-Age,RightWing Islamic Jihadyism!!:)

canopfor on April 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Just when you think you have heard this woman make the most moronic statement she possibly can, she opens her mouth again.

What a maroon.

PJ Emeritus on April 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

“Corpse” man wasn’t during a campaign..

“We’re the country that built the inter-countinental railroad” said in 2011.

“”On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today”

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

LOL, quit – I almost spit Diet Coke all over the place, that was HILARIOUS!

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM

LMAO! Doesn’t it sound so disgustingly slobbering that it is almost a parody.. Makes me wonder..

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hmm, how many more densely packed civilian venues need to be bombed before they get it?

Cleombrotus on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Not if they are intellectually evolved. God back through the archives and see how many days poor dear leader was so tired. The weight of the world on his shoulders and all.

davidk on April 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

davidk on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

LOL, quit – I almost spit Diet Coke all over the place, that was HILARIOUS!

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Guppies are too intellectually evolved for that guy.

ndanielson on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Intellectually evolved? This is the guy who (like Pelosi) believes that paying out unemployment benefits creates jobs, and that food stamps are good for the economy. LOL. There was an op-ed – I forget the author – about how Obama’s stuttering and stammering was actually an “intellectual stammer.” She stated that Obama’s brain was just working SO fast, that it sometimes got ahead of his words. Is that what you mean by intellectually evolved?

TarheelBen on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

“We’re the country that built the inter-countinental railroad” said in 2011.

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

it’s kind of funny that in a comment to bash Obama’s intellect, you couldn’t even spell intercontinental correctly. kind of sad too.

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Melle, he got the “endless campaigning” right, after all. Obama is ALWAYS campaigning.

Of course, he (Oprompta) is also more than demonstrably a complete and utter dumbass.

PJ Emeritus on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

What a toon you are. That was Barry’s spelling. Intellectually evolved my white a**.

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM

And not quite so wealthy. One percenters like Moore hate people having as much as he does. It makes him less special.

Alberta_Patriot on April 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

TarheelBen on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

ROFL, I remember that one!

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

OOh grammar correction, the last refuge of a losing argument.

Like I have said before I type quickly and inaccurately and rarely edit. I also have trouble seeing at times due to an auto-immune disease that effects my eyes, so editing wouldn’t do me much good. But in this case, I was actually copying off a website of Obama’s gaffe, so I can’t even take credit for the mispelling.

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

New MSNBC slogan: Reality Optional.

RedNewEnglander on April 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Harris-Perry has an empty glazed over look on her face in the pic od this thread…

OmahaConservative on April 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Sure… classical music justifies horrific violence against non-classical music loving people.

And the Islamist mindset has nothing to do with anything

Opinionnation on April 21, 2013 at 7:13 PM

In fairness, I do get a bit tense when listening to Vivaldi. Once I almost spilled my wine.

WhatSlushfund on April 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Dinner bell! Two road kill yotes’ and a leg from what looks like it might of had another one. Later.

Limerick on April 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM

MSNBC BrainTrust Conclusions…

Natives to Caucasus region are called literally…caucasians

Natives of UK are called literally…anglo-saxon

Natives of the Saudi Arabia are called literally…arabs

Natives of the African Continent are called literally…africans

Natives of the sub-continent of India are called literally…indians

workingclass artist on April 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM

TarheelBen on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

You know what’s scary about this troll? She makes Melissa Harris-My-Hyphenated-Last-Name-Makes-Me-Sound-More-Sophisticated-Than-Those-Barefoot-And-Pregnant-Rubes-In-Flyover-Country-Perry almost sound smart.

CurtZHP on April 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM

ctmom on April 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM

“What is the sound of one hand clapping?”

Ding!!!

“I’ll take “Liberal Idiots” for $ 500, Alex.”

PolAgnostic on April 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Islam. Not that complicated

ironbill on April 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Not quite. A corporate co-worker of mine was visiting here and we were integrating some software when at about 4PM he indicated that he needed to go to church this evening. I asked what church and he said “To mosque”.

I said, “Well, we have a mosque right up the street from my church. It’s called the King Fahd Mosque. About 20 minutes on the freeway.”

His response: “Oh, I would never be welcome there — they consider my sect to be heretics.”

The nearest mosque for his sect was nearly an hour and a half away, so we quit work right away and off he went.

I talked to him a bit during the days that followed and got the basic idea that his community’s version of Islam viewed jihad as being a completely internal struggle, and that the practice of Islam must be pacifist — that religion must be completely free of coercion — that the person must seek Allah out himself without any force being applied.

It hit me as being far closer to Judaism than to Christianity — there was no real evangelical element to the practice of faith — in essence, a community whose desires were to be free to practice their faith and to allow others to practice theirs…

And, no, this guy was not a Baha’i…

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Awwww shite you guys, you got me laughing so hard with ya’ll at the lefties, I just now gathered my senses… phew!

This is one hilarious thread, ‘cept for the seriousness of it!

Scrumpy on April 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Imagine if that had been said about a suspected terrorist with apparent ties to Tea Party organizations or the NRA.

steebo77 on April 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I would like to know WHY these racists are allowed to spew their racist bile on MSNBC. If you had these racists spewing bile on Fox News ? Ehrmehgerd, it would be …

/nevahmind.

MSNBC.. The Elitist White Racist Channel for White Liberals.

Key West Reader on April 21, 2013 at 8:00 PM

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM

What sect do you know?

Scrumpy on April 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

The Associated Press The Associated Press ‏@AP 7m

VIDEO: Boston police commissioner gives an update on the hospitalized marathon bombing suspect: http://apne.ws/11t6Tdu -CC
==================================================================

Boston Suspect Still in Critical Condition

Published on Apr 21, 2013

Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis said Sunday that bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev remains in critical condition adding that he his “not in the condition to be interrogated at this time.” (April 21)
================

canopfor on April 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

TarheelBen on April 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM

ROFL, I remember that one!

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I found it. An op-ed by Meghan Daum in the LA Times back on May 26, 2011:

TarheelBen on April 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM

“Her panel guests agreed”

Weird, huh?

Opposite Day on April 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM

QOTD is up…

OmahaConservative on April 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM

OOh grammar correction, the last refuge of a losing argument.

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

+100

According to Roberts’ Rules Of Cursing, the first person to use an ad hominem argument incurs the penalty; their opponent is then free to use ad hominem argument without penalty for the next five paragraphs, with strikes being restricted to above the waist unless the original commenter struck below the waist.

With respect to spelling and grammar, Roberts’ indicates that the first person who understands what their opponent said, and yet stoops to a discussion of grammar or spelling, commits an automatic fault — they lose the argument.

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Obama atop intellectually evolved….

HFS…that is the funniest ¥£€?! Thing I’ve heard all day!

*tear*

catmman on April 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM

my liberal learnings are closer to the center like President Obama

partisan on April 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM

You remain, in everyone’s eyes… a moronic troll. So moronic that you think no one here sees through your pathetic disguise.

ShadowsPawn on April 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Boston Marathon explosion

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth officials say suspect was on campus after the marathon bombings – @7News

39 secs ago from www1.whdh.com by editor
============================================

Video:
Posted: Today at 7:40 pm

canopfor on April 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Note to f*ckwit; the compendium of brain-dead Obama-isms makes Bush look like a freakin’ genius.

You’d know that if you took a break from rubbing one out over your Obama poster once in awhile.

Midas on April 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Tell us about this non-lethal skeet gun again.

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM

nonpartisan on April 21

After Obama pats you on the back of the head: Do you swallow?

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Little sensitive about my spelling and my eye sight. The second commenter in two days that went after it. Must be making some good arguments. LOL!

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 8:15 PM

What sect do you know?

Scrumpy on April 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I’m a Catholic.

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

She has got to be the dumbest ****ing person on the planet.

WisCon on April 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I really don’t care what a bunch of talking head Liberals think or believe. That’s there opinion and they can take it with them when they are blown to pieces. But, as for me I will constantly stay vigilant and observant.

DDay on April 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013

Tell me again about how the amendment process works.

Also, why did you flee the gun control debate after it was quite evident you did not know what the f uck you were talking about?

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

She has got to be the dumbest ****ing person on the planet.

WisCon on April 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM

nonpartisan or MHP?

Tie?

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

That would explain Benghazi, would it not?

unclesmrgol on April 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

“…[unintelligible],” Harris-Perry continued.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Marcola on April 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM

“…[unintelligible],” Harris-Perry continued.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Marcola on April 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM

MPH or nonp?

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

You get wet thinking of Obama don’t you….

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM

New MSNBC slogan: Reality Optional. Facts ignored.

RedNewEnglander on April 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Lean Forward. Keep going. A little more. Keeeeeeeep going…a little more…

rottenrobbie on April 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM

nonpartisan or MHP?

Tie?

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM

They both make me think of my shirt.

“I have seen your village and I don’t want my kids anywhere near it.” MHP because she wants the “village to raise them” and because nopartisan is the village —-

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

The saying is, ‘I’d hit it/that.’ ‘I’d hit her’ implies a punch.

James on April 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM

That’d work.

Solaratov on April 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I love the speech where Obama says that the Constitution was written 20 centuries ago. That was in May 2009. No election in sight.

Gelsomina on April 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

It’s utterly incomprehensible to me that ANYONE would be willing to give that gibbering moron even a second of air time. This is the same idiot who brought us.. ‘your kids don’t belong to you’. MSLSD indeed.

Murf76 on April 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Its really funny watching you so purposefully defend Dead Leader. Its even more humorous how you think she should be above ridicule. I don’t think you understand what “non” means.

ShadowsPawn on April 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I like and respect Glenn plenty but hope he is not overselling…..

arnold ziffel on April 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Grin Bleck is an A$$-Clown………

williamg on April 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

my liberal learnings are closer to the center like President Obama

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I can’t believe I am the first to mention this, but since WHEN is Obama ANYWHERE near the “center?”

Explains nonbrainisan in a nutshell. If the idiot thinks Obama is the center, imagine where it’s concept of “Left” is.

PJ Emeritus on April 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM

The British press coverage of our affairs is so much superior to the U.S. media.

bw222 on April 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Well, partisan got one thing right. We’re still enduring the endless campaign.

chewydog on April 21, 2013 at 9:03 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Tell us about this non-lethal skeet gun again.

CW on April 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Something tells me she got a good night’s sleep and plenty of Starbucks before crapping out that little gem.

CurtZHP on April 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I’m not convinced Obama is truly Christian. He’s too intellectually evolved for me to believe that. This is confirmed by all of his college transcripts, which he released after announcing his candidacy in 2007.

Edited for accuracy.

Del Dolemonte on April 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

That is funny coming from some one who lacks basic writing concepts like capitalization. Squippy has this problem too. She said it was an unbreakable bad habit. I think she should sue her educators for negligence. People can’t take you seriously with such a flaw. It is like you and Squippy have tattoos on your face and can’t understand why you always fail the job interview. How can you expect to be taken seriously? Compound that with a retarding view on life and you are less than convincing in your arguments.

BL@KBIRD on April 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM

melle1228 on April 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

partisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

But of course you didn’t vote for him.

Last year, after a 2 week vacation at the priciest beach in Hawai’i, O’bama told us that the State he was born in was in fact located “in Asia”.

“cuz humans don’t make mistakes after they’re dead tired from endless campaigning, right?”

P-

Del Dolemonte on April 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Arabs are not a race either. Idiots.

mouell on April 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The proggies just make up races when the politics suits them. Moslems are a race, hispanic is a race, arab is a race, etc. They own the English language and they will manipulate it as The Cause requires.

slickwillie2001 on April 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

CAIR must be especially busy writing checks this week.

Kenosha Kid on April 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Arabs are not a race either. Idiots.

mouell on April 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

As evidenced by the Democrat Party Man-God Bill Clinton, redefining 2 words that previously had only one accepted definition through many centuries…

1. “Is”

2. “Sex”

Del Dolemonte on April 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

O’bama at Summit in Hawai’i sez: “Hawai’i is in Asia!”

Too intellectually evolved!

Del Dolemonte on April 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Oh, wow. You mean that evolved intellect that didn’t know the difference between collision and liability auto insurance? The evolved intellect that somehow dreamed up a “profits and earnings ratio”?

ddrintn on April 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

wait, but some Christians told me that God spoke to them directly…that doesn’t seem like much of a choice

you’re not implying they made that up are ya? *snickers*

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Didn’t mohammed say that allah spoke to him directly? *snickers*

In fact, didn’t he say that the entire koran was dictated to him by allah? *guffaws*

You’re stupid, parmesan. What’s worse, is that you’re actually proud of being stupid.

And, you and your pResident are both lying sacks o’ crap.

Solaratov on April 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM

“… they are literally Caucasian”

Since the 60′s when “White folk” (AKA “crackers”) magically became Caucasians, it has been a mission for most to figure out exactly what a Caucasian is.

Well, most of us Huns, Saxons and Gauls aren’t Caucasians. We may look a lot alike those Caucasian, but as simple as the Japanese aren’t Chinese, we are not Caucasians.

Please don’t check Caucasian on any forms, use “other” instead .. or better yet, in form with Liz Warren, claim to be Native Americans.

J_Crater on April 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Arabs are not a race either. Idiots.

mouell on April 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Nope. The guys who plowed into the WTC were Caucasians.

ddrintn on April 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

He’s too intellectually evolved for me to believe that.

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Oh, is that what you call that? I’m laughing.

Cindy Munford on April 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM

The problem is that he’s still campaigning.

Cindy Munford on April 21, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Hmmm… What do the Boston bombers and John Walker Lindh have in common again? Oh, right…they’re white…

butterflies and puppies on April 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

bw222 on April 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Because they are not invested into the idea that the rat-eared coward is utterly awesome.

The WaPo’s “worst week in Washington” column today gave the honor for Toomey/Manchin for pushing expanded background checks for firearms too fast. Clearly the guy with the worst week in DC was the rat-eared coward who saw his gun-grabbing plans go under in the Senate despite weeks of using those despicable Newtown parents to do his campaigning. The filthy bastard was all set to blame failure on those GOP radicals in the House. He doesn’t have that chance now.

Happy Nomad on April 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

He’s too intellectually evolved for me to believe that.

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Sorry but i can find no verifiable evidence that Barry is any more “intellectually evolved” than a garden-variety 12-year-old girl.

Stu Gotts on April 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM

butterflies and puppies on April 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Just to be on the safe side–sarc tag. Sarc tag. Sarc tag. Sarc tag.

butterflies and puppies on April 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He’s too intellectually evolved for me to believe that.

nonpartisan on April 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Oh, is that what you call that? I’m laughing.

Cindy Munford on April 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Intellectually evolved, -for an Affirmative Action politician that is. You have to admit that’s a pretty low bar. Not a bar at all really.

slickwillie2001 on April 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM