Closing a chapter. But only one chapter.

posted at 8:31 am on April 20, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

From the Congratulator in Chief:

“Boston police and state police and local police across the commonwealth of Massachusetts responded with professionalism and bravery over five long days,” the president said at the White House. “And tonight because of their determined efforts, we’ve closed an important chapter in this tragedy.”

It’s a rare day when you’ll read this sentence here, but Obama is correct on two different and equally important points. First of all, hearty congratulations are due to the law enforcement officials at all levels who were involved in this massive mission for bringing it to a close (perhaps) in relatively short order. For the collective hive mind of idiots out there who were asking why it was taking so long to catch them, I really have nothing to say to you.

The second portion to consider, even amidst all the well deserved partying and celebrations going on in Beantown and across the country, is that this is certainly only “one chapter” of a longer story. Possibly a much, much longer story. AP did a roundup of many of the questions which the government will face in the days and months to come, and you’ve been debating it all night long. But even for all of that, it’s still unclear where we go from here.

The end of this rocky road seems fairly clear, at least to me. With apologies to all of you who oppose capital punishment on moral grounds, this guy has to wind up cooling to room temperature. Maybe he was a co-mastermind of this mayhem and maybe he was just a follower, with big bro being the real Boris Badenov of the story. But even if so, he did follow. The maimed and the dead, from spectators watching the marathon to police trying to keep us safe deserve nothing less.

But how do we get from here to there? Some of our leaders, such as Graham and McCain, were out of the gate early calling for Tamerlan Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be treated as an enemy combatant. I’m not ruling that out entirely, and we certainly need to get all of the information we can from him and any theoretical accomplices of his who may be out there. But there’s a sticky detail to be kept in mind here: Tsarnaev is a United States citizen. And it doesn’t matter whether you were born and raised in the heartland or you just got off the boat from eastern Europe and took your naturalization oath yesterday, we treat all of you equally under the law. I remain extremely skeptical about the idea of taking a citizen who is on American soil – no matter how heinous their actions – and suddenly reclassifying them as somehow having less rights than anyone else. That path leads to people showing up at your door and removing some of your other rights.

I’m hearing concerns from some corners that the fact that Tsarnaev wasn’t read his Miranda rights means we no longer have any choice but to head for a military tribunal. But most legal experts coming forward this week seem to agree that the Public Safety Clause is in full effect, and at most we would lose the ability to use some of his early statements in detention at trial. To be clear… this was an act of terrorism. There’s no question about that. But terrorism is illegal at home too, and you can be prosecuted for it. Maybe there’s a link to other groups and we’ll find that out going forward. Maybe these two chuckleheads were just losers, as their uncle opined. But I can’t help but believe there’s a constitutionally viable way to soak all the information possible out of this guy, then give him a trial and put him in the ground.

UPDATE: (Jazz) My apologies. Mixed up my Tsarnaevs there. It’s Dzhokhar. Fixed above.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Getting her to actually fire the pistol was pretty difficult. hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM

lol, that filly is going to take some work.
arnold ziffel on April 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I’ll never forget trying to get my youngest to fire a .38 at the range. He wanted to go with us but when his turn came, I was embarrassed when he ended up in tears, refusing to shoot it. Now he’s a Marine. So, there’s always hope.

Akzed on April 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

wth.

They never stick around and answer any of my questions.

HotAirLibs, what do you think of nonpartisan’s position on drones, torture and summary executions?

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I dont know what his position is on drones. I can tell you what mine is though.

I am AGAINST using drones to monitor American citizens on foreign soil. Too bad i was unable to support Paul on his politically motivated stunt though. That filibuster bs ended up politicizing a potential government overreach.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Sorry meant to write i am definitely against using drones to monitor American citizens on American soil. I am also against using drones to monitor and kill American citizens on foreign land.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Don’t get so excited. They honored the, what the tool MellonCollie called them, oh yeah, the “fascist, inept police squad” too.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

FTFY. And yes they did.

Frankly, I’d rather they swiss-cheesed another boat than get an officer killed the next time this happens. Some Islamic punk barely old enough to grow a beard isn’t worth even risking the life of a Gomer Pyle lookalike if you can help it.

Plus libtard lawyers can’t help him after he’s dead.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

FIFY.
You are really stuck on stupid. I thought it was a virus.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You are really stuck on stupid. I thought it was a virus.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Says the trolltard stuck on being a lying loon.

Don’t get so excited. They honored the, what the ugly retard Chinless called them, oh yeah, the “fascist, inept police squad” too and said someone else did it.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Control F and search the words, nutter, they’re in YOUR post.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Troll’s first post on thread…

… you are constantly trying to reason with the ultra fringe crazies on this blog… do not waste your time trying to engage these fools… most are fringe crazies… one or two of them …haven’t ventured into insane land.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Followed soon after by…

You don’t change minds hauling personal insults with those you disagree with.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

LOL.

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Now please explain to us why the Democrat Gun City of Chicago (Dear Leader’s “Home Town”) refuses to enforce its already extremely tough gun laws.

(Starts Stopwatch)

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

You might as well stop your stopwatch. My experience from dealing with folks like yourself is you don’t give a d@mn what my opinion is about Chicago gun laws. Dear leader? Chicago gun laws? okkkk.

You have already made up your mind so what is the point in me wasting my time replying your question.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

LOL indeed…

BlaxPac on April 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds. Most of you are can not be saved. I only engage the few that make sense.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

MA was de-balled a long time ago. A city (and entire state) of loud-mouthed, trash-talking twits that have for decades voted for liberal pukes that have disarmed them. They were only too ready to run and hide in their houses in compliance with the undeclared martial law orders of their fascist, inept Police Squad. Who found the bad guy? A citizen who finally wandered outside and checked his property. What did the cops do? They shot up the guy’s boat. Cracker Jack police work that. Then they hold a big news conference of self-congratulations for letting two little twits terrorize and shut down a $1B/day economy.

If you must know the truth, Boston sucks big red donkey d*cks.

PD Quig on April 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Wow.
He was bleeding to death in the boat from injuries sustained from a fire fight with those “fascist, inept Police Squad”.
You mad, bro?

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM

You are really stuck on stupid. I thought it was a virus.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Says the trolltard stuck on being a lying loon.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Control F and search the words, nutter, they’re in YOUR post.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Whoa. I was using PD Quig’s words….against him.
Are you serious? We’ve been arguing about this for thirty minutes about this?
I support the police and military whole heartedly.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

LOL.

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

It’s last post on page 5 was equally hilarious. Pretending to be all high-minded, in addition to outright sickening Obama worship. Meanwhile, his friend Chinless and mo-lester are in the kinds of protests that Zombietime posts pictures of.

And then HAL has the gall to troll on a conservative website and whine like the little baby he is about the one person who isn’t calling him anything…because there’s nothing left we can call him that hasn’t been applicable for the last several years.

Seriously, what’s left to call liberals out on what they’ve done that hasn’t been said a million times already? Supporting the economic death-cult of Marxism? Keeping minorities in poverty? Murdering children – not even counting abortion?

I’m super-serious, what new can we say to these sick people?

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds. Most of you are cannot be saved. I only engage the few that make sense.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

FIMS

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Liberal changing minds = calling people stupid and racist until they perform a lobotomy so they can tow the liberal party line without being physically ill.

Your policies impoverish whom they don’t kill or end up in subservience to the state.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Have people here seen the uncropped photo of the man who later identified the older bomber? Here’s him before.

And now after. (Only click if you have a strong stomach. It’s horrific.)

Smoothies on April 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Hahaha. You only have a couple of brain cells banging around your empty head.
We all laugh at you.

RovesChins on April 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Your only goal here is to troll.

A quick search of your posts will immediately reveal that is what you do in about 95+% of your posts.

Most places would have been banned you long ago.

BTW, you are a lousy and extremely predictable troll. I’ve seen much, much better trolls. I give you about a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale of troll quality.

farsighted on April 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

On the contrary, IMHO, i would think that why you would want to be on this or any other blogging site.

It’s not that you want to change minds, you HOPE to do so.

Otherwise, you might as well be on Twitter, since all you want to do is spout off your POV with little or no rebuttal.

BlaxPac on April 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Akzed on April 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

If had become a brain surgeon, maybe that wouldn’t have been too bad an outcome either, even if he never came around to enjoying guns or embracing gun culture.

bayam on April 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

lololol if you think my goal here is to change minds.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

We have minds.

They won’t change for something worse. You are the sheeple…maybe you yourself are one of their shephers.

Btw, not here to change yours either. Only fools want equals. It’s socialist/communist.

We are free individuals.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Now he’s a Marine.

So, there’s always hope.

Akzed on April 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Those guys! You have to be careful with them, they cut their hair to ungentlemanly lengths, yell a lot, shoot everything, and for some reason believe in the Constitution, unheard of I tell you;)

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM

bayam on April 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Somebody has to be the sheepdog!

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

(Starts Stopwatch)

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Wasting everyone’s time with a non sequitur , on the other hand…

de rigueur on April 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Libs know how to play those childish game too. Only thing is we draw the line when it comes to politicians kids. Especially when those kids are innocent teenagers.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA… Oh, my gosh!!!!!! Hilarious!!! My side!!!!!!!

But you really should have put up the sarc tag. Otherwise, people might think you are just a complete imbecile and not a sarcastic genius.

pannw on April 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Tell that to the Bush twins or Sarah Palin’s kids.

Kevin71 on April 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Whoa . . . . . . . . . now I agree with HotAirLib on something !

What’s this blog coming to ?

listens2glenn on April 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM

pannw on April 20, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Dammit, pannw …… now my sides hurt just from reading that … : )

listens2glenn on April 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM

CAIR Has A Message For You Ignorant Americans

CAIR just called you dumb.

Resist We Much on April 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

My concern is that terrorists have seen that two guys running loose maybe in a city of over 625,000 people, but actually in the suburbs, can cause said city to be shutdown. In a state with licensing required for handguns and a state gun ownership card required for others, I suspect that there were few armed citizens able to protect themselves. Such attacks work better in the NE than in Texas, IMO.

amr on April 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

If I may:

It’s because the original posters aren’t the only ones interested in your response. Yes, they’re interested in the debate, but it’s because they feel they can prove to both posting and non-posting readers (we haven’t had an open registration in a while) why and where your position is flawed.

I’d imagine there are a surprising number of lurkers/readers here who aren’t entirely sure where they stand on particular topics, and they drop in to read these threads for a bit of insight. Some may not know what is meant by the Chicago reference above, but their interest is piqued and they’re googling to learn more. By responding as you did, you indicate to those readers that you

1) won’t respond because you are ignorant of the subject, or

2) won’t respond because it would put the (D) ideology in a poor light.

Those are really the only two choices, btw. I guess “laziness” could be added somewhere, but that probably falls under (1) when it comes down to it.

It’s your call, of course, but that’s “the point”. Del’s mind isn’t the one you would be influencing, and, response or not, readers are making gut decisions on which side seems know what they’re talking about.

Hint: It’s the side that doesn’t find excuses to run away from the debate.

rogerb on April 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I appreciate the comment about me being reasonable. I see most of my friends here that way though. I suppose it’s the side we argue from.

I’d have to say I’m leery about the extent of their use, drones I mean. In a similar context of a police helicopter called to an event, I’d be okay with that I suppose. Casual surveillance or using ordinance on our soil like nonpartisan described is just wrong.

But you didn’t comment about the torture and summary execution. That’s the type of thing I would have guessed you might have said, “Wow, that is extreme. Can you post what you’re talking about?” Again, not “shocking” to me because I see quite a bit of what I’d consider extremist views from some of the more over the top trolls, not the least of which is a guy actively promoting sex with underaged teens. But in a thread where you called us the “crazies”, I thought you might concede there’s quite a bit of it to go around. Again, nonpartisan at least mildly surprised me with his (or her) meme that the state had the right to pretty viciously torture it’s citizens and summarily execute them; bullet to the head.

What did you think of that?

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

(Starts Stopwatch)

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

And yet you did reply to it.

A+

If you were at all intellectually curious, you would do some simple research about how tough Chicago’s gun laws are, and why those laws have not been enforced. Your abject fear of doing so shows that you’re afraid to confront reality, a textbook Low-Info Leftist trait.

As for the “Dear Leader” reference? That’s a simple response to your Party calling our prior President “Hitler” for 8 years.

And it’s also based on some personal anecdotal experience; my business takes me into homes of average citizens. Been doing it for almost 40 years now.

Over the past 4+ years, I have visited peoples’ homes that actually have shrines to O’bama within, usually in their bedrooms. But I actually saw one in someone’s family room, an entire giant slab “coffee table” piled high and deep with nothing but framed portraits of Barry, surrounded by mint-condition copies of “his” books, as well as piles of fawning magazine covers and Page 1 Newspaper fellatio from his Democrat Media. And this was a middle aged white lady in New Hampshire.

As I said, I’ve been doing my thing for nearly 40 years. But until that day I had never seen such a shrine to any President-not Truman, not Ike, not JFK, not LBJ, not Nixon, not Ford, not Carter, and not even Reagan. Many years ago I would see places with maybe a single framed picture of JFK or Reagan, but that was all.

Face it-in 2012 he got enough mindless peasants like yourself to believe he was doing a good job. But remember, he lost the college graduate vote, and only won by increasing his share of the high school dropout vote from 70% in 2008 to 80% in 2012.

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

bayam on April 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM

What a facist police squad. Only they are allowed to wear body armor with automatic weapons with there giant armored personal carriers. They shut down a city which shows that they are in charge of whether civilians can live normal lives.

Mormontheman on April 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

*fascists

Mormontheman on April 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Apologies if this is already up.

If you want to know what Beck’s going to drop on Monday, just read this.

I wouldn’t believe DF by itself, and I was skeptical about Beck, but this answers alot of questions, including where all their money came from, as well as the Russian request to the FBI.

Read it, folks. Worth your time.

ChicagoJewishGuy on April 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Apologies if this is already up.

If you want to know what Beck’s going to drop on Monday, just read this.

Read it, folks. Worth your time.

ChicagoJewishGuy on April 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Very interesting stuff. If true (and if Beck has the evidence he says he has), then it’s going to whip up a sh!tstorm of epic proportions, despite the liberal media’s inevitable efforts to suppress the info. However, one thing that article does not reveal is the identity and role of the Saudi kid with burned hands who was deported. Beck, in his radio show, called him “a very, very bad man.” But who was he, and what did he have to do with the bombing?

Sharke on April 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Explain this

Shy Guy on April 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Explain this

Shy Guy on April 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Part of me thinks that she was there to see other victims and the Saudi paper made it into a visit to their guy. Even I can’t believe the Obama administration is stupid enough to call attention to this guy in such an obvious manner.

But, they’ve surprised me before, so who knows.

ChicagoJewishGuy on April 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM

To be honest I think this Beck thing is going to fall flat on its face. If it surrounds the Saudi guy in the hospital who was supposedly “deported” in a hurry, then the DHS has already said that two Saudi’s are being confused: one who was in the hospital with burns from the bombing and was purportedly never a suspect, and another Saudi who was deported for visa issues, but who is completely unconnected to the Boston marathon:

I could be wrong – after all, this begs the question: how did the media get to know about the Saudi being deported in the first place? Is that stuff openly available? Did someone just check the list of everyone being deported, find a Saudi, and groundlessly assume he was the one in the hospital?

I’m still rooting for Beck. After all, his credibility is going to take a huge, huge dive if it turns out this so-called “most important story in our lifetimes” is a bunch of easily refuted bunkum.

Sharke on April 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM

There is not enough coverage on this blog about the terrorists’ jihadism. Even ABC News has reported what family members have said about the brothers’ (especially the older one) jihadist goals and their shift to Islamic fundamentalism over the last two years. Or maybe I have missed some of the coverage here?

I really think the issue of Islamic jihad should be front and center in the reporting here.

bluegill on April 21, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Thousands upon thousands of police (exactly how many alphabet soup federal police do we have now?) shut down a major metro area, burning through a good chunk of a billion dollars, and can’t find a 19 yo perp over a period of eighteen hours. Shut down ends and a citizen finds the perp in five minutes. Crowd sourcing and citizenship should be valued in these emergencies.

Viator on April 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Here is what you do if you find Americans performing acts of terrorism against the US: find people who knew them that will attest to the fact that they hated the US and intended to do harm to the Nation or its citizens. You need TWO OF THOSE witnesses.

Charge the one who performed the acts with Treason.

If you can’t find those but you can get a confession from the perpetrator that the activity was meant to overthrow or change the government, and will agree to that before multiple Americans in open court, then you have the same charge.

That is what you do to ‘enemy combatants’ who commit such crimes with intention and malice aforethought against the Nation, its government and its people. Any hint of making war or doing other acts that fall into the realm of treason gets you there. You don’t need a military tribunal for that, just clear evidence.

Outside of that, if the suspect stays quiet or starts turning into the Joker, then mental competence must be tested for. Man can revert to a savage nature without wanting, as a goal, to change governments or Nations, but who just want to kill and see the world burn. You fix those people up until they are competent, and then try them for whatever the law allows… most likely savage terrorism not done for a cause but for kicks: to hurt and kill just for the fun of it. Those charges will range from terrorism to mass murder. Getting to that point, going through hospitals and staying in rooms with lots of padding in coats that are all arms, might take a few years to decades or might never come.

Graham and McCain can take their tyrannical ideas elsewhere. Acts of war to take out our commercial capability at air or sea, that is one thing… once you are on the ground and not going after those places, then you get into what can be done on the ground away from such vessels. And the moment you can determine that with any reliability, then you get a relatively set path that requires no military intervention. And what you get away from commercial transport that can utilize the Free Seas and Air is either treason, treason, or mass murder for kicks which is either done with a level head and should get you death, or done while not competent to control your own actions which means you should get sane, first, and then face a long, long span of time in prison where you can be observed to make sure you are still sane.

Yeah, that means the Shoe Bomber, Underwear Bomber, et. al. need to be tried for this other strange charge: Piracy. Unless they are part of an active campaign by private individuals against any Nation or all Nations: they are at war and deserve to be treated as illegal combatants under the Geneva Conventions which places them in the ‘Spies & Saboteurs’ part of it. Really if we just upheld the Geneva Conventions we signed on to, Gitmo could be closed in less than a month, all civilized-like.

ajacksonian on April 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM

If you want to know what Beck’s going to drop on Monday, just read this

ChicagoJewishGuy on April 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I note that the Debka File report Beck links to refers to Rindge and Latin high school as “An elite American college in Cambridge.” That’s not terribly impressive.

PersonFromPorlock on April 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM

bluegill on April 21, 2013 at 3:52 AM

If putting “the issue of Islamic jihad front and center” didn’t contradict their agenda, no problem.

listens2glenn on April 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Viator on April 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM

What I just said to bluegill:

You are of course exactly right.
But using “crowd sourcing, and citizenship” contradicts the EVIL agenda being achieved by the “powers that be”.
NOTHING ….. gets in the way of that agenda.

Not everyone in government is corrupt. But I would say all who are calling for this kind of reaction / response ARE.

listens2glenn on April 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Dammit, pannw …… now my sides hurt just from reading that … : )

listens2glenn on April 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Better to laugh at the absurdity than raise blood pressure over the blatant dishonesty, right? Mind boggling that anyone thinks they could get away with such stupidity/bold faced lies. Of course, that’s a leftist for you. Just throw it out there and some moron reading will believe it because they saw it on the internet!! Pretty soon, with enough immoral leftists throwing crap out there, more and more morons have been covered in it and start rolling around in it too. I don’t know how they sleep at night, but then, I’m not an immoral leftist with no conscience.

pannw on April 21, 2013 at 8:52 AM

“The Boston Massacre: A Matter of Faith”. My take.

kingsjester on April 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Jazz, where are the HotAir posts thoroughly covering the role Islamic jihadism seems to have played in the Boston terrorists’ acts? HotAir really seems to have dropped the ball in this regard. How can we criticize the mainstream media for ignoring the Islamic connection when this site is barely giving it any attention.

bluegill on April 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

rogerb on April 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

And the troll’s response was… crickets.

But it did find the time to drop the following “substantive” turds on another thread.

Obama bows to the chicken hawk conservatives on the one. This is one thing i cannot stand about him. Constantly bowing to the far right and their invade every country possible policies.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

That is the difference between your crew and most Americans. Most Americans do not care about the semantics used by the president. We already know its an act of terror. We do not need the president to sing that tune to us.

The “invade every country possible” folks like yourself disagree with most Americans on that. You need the president and politicians to remind you every day that this is an act of terror. You also hate the American criminal justice system hence the reason why you prefer every American criminal/terrorist to go through some military tribunal.

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

farsighted on April 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Also, that was a thread about reading or not reading White Hat his Miranda rights and the first quoted post was the second comment on that thread.

Substance…

HotAirLib on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

farsighted on April 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

rogerb on April 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

And the troll’s response was… crickets.

farsighted on April 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

The sad part is that I really don’t think he understands how that is a response.

But the readers do.

rogerb on April 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

While I deeply appreciate all efforts exerted by the total spectrum of law enforcement persons…

I can’t help but think it was one little old man on Franklin Street in Watertown, MA checking on his boat that actually FOUND D. Tsarnaev !!!

Never under estimate the impact that an individual can make !!

Michael73501 on April 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM