Christie bailing out on gun rights?

posted at 5:31 pm on April 20, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

For a time last year there was some serious chatter about New York Governor Andrew Cuomo being a potential Democrat nominee for 2016. Even if Hillary weren’t likely going to be in the hunt, I’m pretty sure that chatter ended once Cuomo took the shocking, overreaching measures of passing the gun grabbing SAFE Act and then signing an abortion bill which gave even some moderately pro-choice people pause. He had sailed so far off the Left fringe of the map that he would be easy meat for any Republican in the swing states.

This weekend, I have to wonder if one of his frequently mentioned counterparts from across the aisle, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie isn’t getting ready to head down the same trail. While the nation’s eyes were riveted on the Boston bombing, the West, Texas explosion and other tragedies, Christie was moving to increase gun control laws in a state which is already one of the most restrictive in the nation.

Days after the U.S. Senate killed off their gun control bill, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie announced expanded gun control measures in his state. The move isn’t likely to win him points with conservatives. In Christie’s plan he even bans a certain gun according to NJ101.5…

At the announcement of Christie’s NJ SAFE Taskforce in January in the aftermath of Newtown, he talked about targeting and treating the root causes of violence. Too many times there are instances of unspeakable tragedy and the question is asked how such tragedy could have been prevented. His proposals is this area include;

Making it easier for health professionals and courts to require potentially dangerous people to receive the treatment they need whether it is in the form of inpatient or outpatient care. This will allow the monitoring of their progress and ensure they are receiving the kind of specific care they need.

Creating flexibility in the type of care an individual is receiving, making it easier for someone to move from inpatient to outpatient settings.

Changing the current standard of involuntary outpatient treatment to eliminate the uncertainty expressed by clinicians and courts regarding their authority to order this type of essential assistance.

The mental health angle, more vulnerable to abuse than all the rest, is precisely the one that Cuomo used in NY to begin scouring the medical records of people who were prescribed anxiety or depression medicine and sending out the troops to confiscate their weapons. One would think that Christie would have the sense and the political survival skills to look at this particular pond much more closely before diving in.

He additionally includes provisions about going after regulation in the sales of video games. None of the proposed restrictions look all that heinous, but it’s yet another case of layering complications on the lives of private citizens where families should be doing the heavy lifting. I don’t know if this will be a negative watershed moment for Christie, but the folks in Iowa are already watching nervously here.

“Middle America is always suspect of the guys from the East Coast in these matters,” said Craig Robinson, who runs the influential Iowa Republican blog. “What is your understanding and foundation on issues like this? Plenty of Iowa Republicans are already grumbling at him. If he were to go another step further and sign into law the gun thing, or the marriage thing, I think it would almost disqualify him as a national candidate.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

To Hades with all who are against the Bill of Rights, all of them.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Can’t with to hear the GOP elites tell us that Christie is OUR GUY in 2016!

Rational Thought on April 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

To Hades with all who are against the Bill of Rights, all of them.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

He’ll never be a republican president.

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I’m beginning to not like Christie and I am a NJ voter. I wouldn’t vote against him, but I won’t lift a finger to help him.

ctmom on April 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Christie is treasonous slime. Despicable lowlifes like Christie are the reason I will not cast a vote for the GOP again. Christie is a traitorous, sick, demented Barky-supporting POS.

Hopefully, Christie and the rest of the scum (Rubio, et. al.) take the GOP down with them very, very quickly.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

This is gonna cost him 75,000 Weight Watchers points with the few NJ conservatives left. If he wins re-election, it’ll be b/c of the libs voting for him.

SickofLibs on April 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

At least he has the Coulter vote.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

He needs to bail on stuffing his face.

happytobehere on April 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Christie bailing out on gun rights?

The Pillsbury Doughboy was never “bailed in”.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Christie,the fat Crist without a tan.
Just switch and get it over with already.

bazil9 on April 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM

At least he has the Coulter vote.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Kiss Me, Fatboy.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

With all of his love for dems, I don’t know how he could still be on anyone’s radar as a Republican, much less a conservative. He who yells loudest is not always the leader, Gov.

MustLoveBlogs on April 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I want to know who “they” are.

We keep being told that some people out there pushing Christie to run as the GOP candidate for President in 2016. Who are these people because there is nothing about the fat bastard who endorsed the rat-eared coward days before the election that makes him fit for office (in all senses of the word fit).

But, his name keeps coming up and there is clearly a push even harder than Dole, McCain, or Romney. Where is it coming from and why? It is clear to me that Christie is unelectable because of his left-of-center views. He sneers and alienates social conservatives and does not attract Democrats because if you are going to vote for a gun-grabbing anti-life bastard- why switch parties to do it?

“They” need to take a flying leap off a short pier.

Happy Nomad on April 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM

This FAT PIG can use a little Bloomberging and only get a 12oz Soda, No Salt, Zero Trans Fat, and be REQUIRED to exercise daily. Wait, it’s not for the “Special People” even if they are Fat, Grotesque, Monsters unable to control themselves at the table, my bad!

Christie is a Fat F’n Slob that needs to push his Fat Azz away from the Table, so he doesn’t have time to worry about others guns.

Give Fat boy a Salad and a treadmill and when he loses about 1/2 ton we might just listen to him about the other issues, maybe. Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life,according to Dean Wormer. Remember; Knowledge is Good.

Tbone McGraw on April 20, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Plenty of Iowa Republicans are already grumbling at him.

I can understand why this would damage Christie’s reputation nationally, but I don’t think that Iowa Republicans in particular should have any special influence. Why shouldn’t it be South Dakota or Kansas or Nebraska Republicans grumbling at Christie instead?

The fact that the Iowa Republican Party may be good at scheduling an early caucus doesn’t mean that they have particular expertise in selecting a presidential candidate, or even counting the votes in their own caucus.

J.S.K. on April 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM

HAAAAHAHAHAHA!!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM

MustLoveBlogs on April 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Maybe he intends to appeal to fiscal conservatives by pointing that pound-for-pound you get the biggest bang for your campaign dollar by supporting him.

Happy Nomad on April 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I hope he is out of it and stays out.

Charm on April 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I’ll go back to voting Libertarian.

rbj on April 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM

the R list for 2016 is getting shorter all the time.

but, it speaks volumes about the ‘polarization’ of the states. (i seriously hate that word). IL just rebuffed a gun measure.

Our main hope is to cling to Federalism. the left seems to have a lock on 240 EV votes at the president level. Prying those away needs to be job one. If not, we’ll have one set of states (leftist) ruling over another set of states (red)

r keller on April 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Sweet

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Wat’s interesting is that there’s no call in NJ for tighter restrictions because of an incident that occurred in NJ. I guess the only justification a liberal needs is to say, “I’m a moderate.”

Liam on April 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

There is no longer a gun behind every blade of grass and they know it.

There is no longer a culture of marksman here and they know it.

There is no longer a spirit of rugged individualism that requires neither maintenance nor help from the Government, and they know it.

There is no longer a vigilance in defense of liberty and they know it.

As a nation we are lazy and selfish and they know it.

Finally “The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools” -Thucydides

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Sweet

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Schad, that made me smile. And then, I thought – wasn’t that game postponed?

MustLoveBlogs on April 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM

The GOP will betray me?

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Sweet

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Haha, but wasn’t that last year?

thebrokenrattle on April 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Great quote.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

btw…i’m sure that Coulter and others are not so hot on Christie any more. Conservatives have been desperate for a long time to have a winner who can articulate the movement’s goals

i remember with great sadness at the Reagan Library? some poor woman beached Christie to run in 2012…the crowd was with her. Simply because he stood up to some left wing unionists.

I’m sure none of those people would vote for him with the current info we have.

I’m sure that it is hard facing down Bloomy’s money and the Left machine in NJ….but any R should have enough principles to try…better to try and lose than to accede and be Guv for 8 years

r keller on April 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM

If it looks like a PIG and eats like a PIG and starts to change its positions like a PIG. Then, it’s Chris “Fat Pig” Christie…Oink…Oink!

Tbone McGraw on April 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Christie is 100% pro gun control and for the life of me I don’t understand why people think otherwise.

jdun on April 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM

He’ll never be a republican president.

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

…he along with Snowe, McCain, Graham, and some of the others should just form… the Imposter Party.

KOOLAID2 on April 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM

All you guys get ready to be labelled “TruCons” when you oppose his nomination.

Dongemaharu on April 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM

OK, can some of you people NOW stop acting as if Chris Christie is on our side? PLEASE!?

Warner Todd Huston on April 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Another piece of evidence that there was NEVER a Purity Test, but there is, and should be, A LOYALTY TEST.

jaydee_007 on April 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Great quote.
ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Of course it cuts both ways – I’ve certainly seen enough worthless “scholar-philosipher warriors”; a la Wesley Clark, Jhen-Jhis Kahn Sec Of States and such.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

He’ll never be a republican president.

hawkdriver on April 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

He has a good shot as a Donk. He could switch next year and be positioned to beat Hillary.

Bruno Strozek on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

At least he has the Coulter vote.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Nope — Coulter has dropped him.

Dasher on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Liam on April 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

What since the Sandy Hook shooting was about anything but a decades-old agenda item to grab all the guns from private citizens. Seriously, even the incident in CT did not generate any law in CT or the Congress that would have kept one of those sweet children from being killed. Even bringing their despicable parents to DC to shamelessly campaign for the rat-eared coward didn’t change that fact.

In the meantime, last weekend in Chicago (a gun-free city) four people were killed and 21 were killed by guns. There is no legislation pending that would change the underlying societal factors to change that reality. Things like eradicating gangs and gang violence. Encouraging families instead of three generations of single women under the same roof raising children from a series of baby daddies. And having strong male role models around to break the cycle that is so clearly established. NONE of that has even been broached as the left has decided to criminalize private gun ownership.

Happy Nomad on April 20, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Nope — Coulter has dropped him.

Dasher on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Well, I hope he didn’t land on her feet. That could cause some broken toes.

Happy Nomad on April 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Amazing that Republicans even consider Christie a “national candidate.” Well, amazing to me but not surprising that the Republican Party is seriously considering him. Why wouldn’t the same party that offered us McCain and the Romney now give us Christie?

The Communists control MSM, public school system, most of the governments (at all levels, including our President Obama who was elected twice), and are on the verge of controlling The Law.

Hillary on deck – she’ll make Obama look like Reagan…

Karmi on April 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I hear you on these specifics, but I would just make two points:

Clark’s Kosovo campaign was an utter disaster from the start. He should have been booted out of the military the minute everything went haywire in the first days (for those who remember the chaos and the fact that no contingency plans were made for much of anything). I also don’t know what sort of scholar Clark would qualify as.

Jhen-jis Kherry … seems to only have the skill of marrying money.

You’re correct that there will be exceptions to the general rule (not these two dorks, but others) but I like the quote as a general rule.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Nope — Coulter has dropped him.

Dasher on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Well, I hope he didn’t land on her feet. That could cause some broken toes.

Happy Nomad on April 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Coulter wears steel-toed heels.

Steve Eggleston on April 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

One more thing – when can the Lonegan supporters from 2009 start saying, “We told you so!”?

Steve Eggleston on April 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Coulter wears steel-toed heels.
Steve Eggleston on April 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

And bra.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Who is Chris Christie?

echosyst on April 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Cripes; just when I was happy (somewhat) that my family moved out of Nanny State City (NYC) into NJ, I figured I’d have half a shot at living a moderate area if i move out of MA.

Now the big guy* is doing this?? WTH is in the water in the Northeast?

I wasn’t that big a Christie supporter, outside of him ripping the Press a few well deserved ones , but after the Obama glad handing, and the unseemly Springsteen tongue bath, if he had any Presidential dreams they’re pretty much toast.

BTW, Gov Perry, is there still any room in Texas?

*- As a weight -challenged American, im reluctant to be as generous with the name calling, donchaknow…:o)

BlaxPac on April 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Christe is at the mercy of the ingrained left-wing/liberal culture of New Jersey and the East Coast. Apparently he has decided he can no longer fight it. Now it’s time for him to show his true colors and stop trying to act like a conservative Republican. Sad but true.

rplat on April 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Coulter wears steel-toed heels.
Steve Eggleston on April 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM

And bra.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

And the only reason she doesn’t wear a steel helmet is because it would be like putting a bag of potato chips in a vault at Fort Knox.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Christie bailing out on gun rights?

…its not in a food group!

KOOLAID2 on April 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Wow, a liberal northeastern governor turns out to be liberal! Who could have known?

(Entire world raises their hand except a few that are totally clueless.)

RoadRunner on April 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

The conservative firebrand also surprisingly defended and seemingly backed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for president after she told CPAC he is “off my list” only ten days ago.

“I’m warming to him again,” Coulter said of Christie. “I’m waiting for him to switch on amnesty, and I have confidence in his high I.Q.”

~Ann Coulter on Hannity
March 26, 2013

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Christie loves to brag about not answering to anyone but the voters. No special interest groups, not even the press (yeah, right). If he decides to run (for office since any other kind of running would kill him), he will be the flavor of one of the months but will give his tough guy act and say something stupid and he will be done. Unless he runs as a democrat. Then all he would need is a drug habit or a mistress and he would be a shoe-in for the nomination.

JeffinOrlando on April 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I do too obviously and thanks. Very smart people back then, much common sense from the classics and the founders of this country as well. Funny, as an enlisted guy, I actually study them all the time, to know my craft, I have been told I read too much, never understood that. My enlisted brethren seem to think that it is ok to cede that to the officer corps, but to me that is binding the mind to tyranny and I can’t do that, not in my nature. Of course it does tend to pit me against the officer corps alot, but it is my job to say no, so that at least there is a dialogue about things before executed.

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

At the higher level of the officer corps, especially when they are nested in the Beltway, they tend to become political, which negates anything they may have espoused at one point. I agree that it happens at time, however an recent example of my quote would be Marine Corps General Mattis.

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

We need more of you. Many more.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

While Christie is attempting to address the problems of the mentally ill, I haven’t been able to locate exactly what it is he’s trying to accomplish. It’s one step in the right direction (depending on what it is / how implemented). Anyone familiar with Cho, Loughner, Harris and Lanza can appreciate that. As was found out, most states don’t even forward the names to the FBI/NICS on those found mentally incompetent.

I have seen it written that Christie wants to ban the .50 Barrett BOLT ACTION rifle. Yeah, they have a semi-auto model, but it’s only sold to LE and military.

The Barrett is currently banned as AN ASSAULT WEAPON in The People’s Repubik of Kalifornia. Now Lady Diane likes to say that certain sick people like ASSAULT WEAPONS because they can be fired from the hip. I’d really like to see Lady Di, or even the Governator (who signed the bill) fire the Barrett from the hip. The weapon is almost 6 FEET long. It weighs in excess of 25 pounds. The muzzle blast is horrendous. Our local club will only allow them to be fired at one position on the extreme right of the line…..behind a blast wall.

Why would anyone want one? Extreme sports. Some folks like the challenge of shooting competition and hitting a target beyond 1000 yards. Some people like fast boats. Some like cars that can travel in excess of 150mph. Of all the folks I’ve met while engaged in competitive target shooting, I’ve only met one who owned a Barrett. A retired school teacher/Grandmother. Go figure.

GarandFan on April 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

we tried to warn you about the RINOS but you called us kooks.

SparkPlug on April 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Christie is a giant ego with a whole lot of nanny in him. I never considered him a conservative and thought he was a nightmare of a Republican anywhere outside of the NJ/NY area.

Im glad he is letting his inner progressive douche show, that way i dont have to hear about him being the next great hope of the GOP in 2016. Let him stay in NJ forever….he could even steal a Senate seat there eventually…ill take that, but otherwise…Christie is persona non grata in my book.

We have enough troubles keeping guys we thought were on our side (Pat Toomey) in line, the last thing we need is a wing nut with only one priority….himself.

alecj on April 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Mark Levin always had Crispy Cream’s number. This guy is a fascist.

Iblis on April 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I’m trying to recall if there weren’t a bunch of HA folks who berated those of us who kept saying – Christie is NOT a Conservative, he’s going to break your hearts?” I’m sure I got chastized for not seeing the “big “picture regarding Christie

katiejane on April 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Cristie lost me when he fellated Obummer on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights.

bloviator on April 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I’m concerned about the intelligence genes inherited from the most unimaginative parents in the world.

Sammy Samson? Fred Frederick? Bill Williams? Johnny Johnson??

Chris Christie???

Come on.

fred5678 on April 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM

We need more of you. Many more.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I’ll get the Petri dish — you get some cheesecake pictures from Mrs MarshFox (Lila Munroe) and get him set up . . . and we’re going to need a Tesla coil, at least three Jacob’s ladders, at least one of those “bzzt” balls . . . and someone grab Resist We Much and put her in a lab coat. She’s nothing to do with this, but I just think she’d look great in a lab coat.

Don’t just stand there — someone get the monkeys!

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Yeah, I’m thinking more in the direction of the brass that comes up with insane ROEs and “courageous restraint” medals. If they were ever in the nitty-gritty of combat they’ve forgotten the way things really are.

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

we tried to warn you about the RINOS but you called us kooks.

SparkPlug on April 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM

That’s because you insisted on warning us in a tube top.

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Someone should explain to Christie that Big.Gov control will eventually lead to law enforcement of his ‘new’ diet. Put every expansion of Big.Gov into that perspective for him and maybe he’ll get it.

“No more cheese steaks Mr Over Eater…”

RalphyBoy on April 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Hey Pop’s! You’re back! Kinda hard to spit venom and victimization when every one is focused on real things like this week, huh?

Funny though, more vitriol, treason indicting, and accusations of being sick a demented for Christie and Rubio et al. than for ACTUAL treasonous, sick and demented bombers. I suppose you may be one of those who spent the last few days more worried about how seeing what Boston was capable of will reflect on you or your actions in the future though. No?

;)

Genuine on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Given that Christie will switch parties once he’s reelected as governor, and then run for President in 2016 as a fiscally conservative Democrat, this move makes perfect sense.

Mr. Arkadin on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:29 PM
We need more of you. Many more.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Don’t just stand there — someone get the monkeys!

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Alright, I will address this to both of you at once, since Axe wanted to chime in, while I appreciate the thought and compliment, lets please not inflict that on the world anymore;) I am quite sure that Mrs MarshFox(LilaMunro) would agree. Besides in the grand scheme of things I am a man trapped out of time, what I believe in isn’t really relevant anymore, I mean come on, who shaves with a double edged razor made in 1944 anymore, need I say more;) Axe, forget it I am not writing the book no matter how many teper tantrums you throw;)

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Jersey. What else does anyone need to know? This isn’t his first gun grabbing rodeo. Never would vote for him before, never would now.

Limerick on April 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM

whatcat on April 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Agreed, hard call sometimes though due to the civilian side really calling the shots, but as you alluded to, this is where they should come in and say no. However in the end some don’t assimilate, they just follow orders, and then there are your examples who are looking for political appointments. For me, three more years, and I will be nothing more than a number, to be forgotten, and I will again take my place in society, quietly living my life, unless they push, then well, I am guessing that I will die free all the same.

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM

no e on Munro, no e on Munro no e on Munro

damn. all a guy wants to do is artificially inseminate 10,000 monkeys with super-soldier DNA and pass two million volts through them while Resist throws switches in a lab coat while wearing sensible red heels — and you’d think that was too much.

YOU WIN WORLD

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM

You need to go check out the cover on “Three for Keeps” think it will show you what you want;) Didn’t we see that scenario in “Van Helsing” except I think it was vampire babies;)

Axe, truthfully you guys are all way smarter than this guy will ever be, I never take myself too seriously, well except when protecting “Her” then all bets are off. I post here because I learn and you never give yourself enough credit because even in your more lighthearted stuff is much wisdom, much more than I will ever carry in my brain pan.

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM

At least he has the Coulter vote.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Nope — Coulter has dropped him.

Dasher on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Yeah, just like she, of the fleeting principles, dropped Sarah Palin on behalf of the GOP elites?

Don L on April 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM

~Ann Coulter on Hannity
March 26, 2013

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Fickle Annie.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

~Ann Coulter on Hannity
March 26, 2013

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Four words: Three Cheers for Romneycare.

Coulter is both a fraud and a cancer on the Conservative movement. The sooner she is blackballed, rejected and shunned, the better.

Myron Falwell on April 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

BAILING?

How can Christie BAIL on something that he never supported in the first place? Christie has always been 100% anti-2nd Amendment, and 100% anti-gun. Christie is a flaming, treasonous liberal.

Pork-Chop on April 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Christie will switch parties around 2014…then hope he can be the VP pick for the Democratic party in 2016…

albill on April 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM

BAILING?

Pork-Chop on April 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Remember, Jazz did write the post…

Myron Falwell on April 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hey Pop’s! You’re back!

You keeping tabs on me?

Huh?

;)

Genuine on April 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Dude. Get some help. I hope they yank your pressure cooker license. You should be restricted to nothing but spoons.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Fickle Annie.

TitularHead on April 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Once you go “fat”, you never go back!

;)

Four words: Three Cheers for Romneycare.

Myron Falwell on April 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Or as I like to call her: Ms. Taken (Mistaken)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Can’t with to hear the GOP elites tell us that Christie is OUR GUY in 2016!

Rational Thought on April 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, and their surrogates will be posting about that here and other blogs like they did for Romney and McCain.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

MarshFox on April 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM

1. Closer to The Man with Two Brains and Young Frankenstein in my head. :)

2. Checked out Three for Keeps, by Lila Munro. Had to hold my hand up to save myself from the bottom of the cover. :) Close, and the stethoscope introduces a whole new set of possibilities, but . . . meh. Most women pale.

3. You give me too much credit. Ask anyone. :)

4. You sell yourself short.

Axe on April 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

“Christie” and the word “Principle” should never appear in the same sentence !

Sandybourne on April 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Christie pisses off all the right people in my book. He could go all the way to the White House riding a populist wave.

keep the change on April 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Christie will never win again on the republican ticket.

TX-96 on April 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Christie – it’s whats for dinner. ( not that bleached out bag of antlered skanks ever eat dinner)

rik on April 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

keep the change on April 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

It would figure that you think pissing off the right people is peachy when the people he pissed off is anyone with two brain cells to rub together or a sliver of morals to stick to.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Laughing at all of the Christie hate

You right wingers HATE everybody….as usual, nothing new over here at HA..just a bunch of haters

Y’all need to hang out over at Huffo or Democratic undergound….I’d love to see the fireworks…

Us middle of the road folks who actually decide elections laugh our asses off at both of you

Redford on April 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

keep the change on April 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM

SOS

rik on April 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

What did Obama promise him this time? More money?

pat on April 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Us middle of the road folks

Roadkill voters.

who actually decide elections

You wish.

laugh our asses off at both of you

Redford on April 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Keep laughing, mental midget, the libtards are laughing by the tens of millions at you uppity retards who think you count for cr@p.

Here’s a little inconvenient truth: one major city’s worth of Democrat welfare voters has more sway than you lot. Let THAT sink in how irrelevant you are.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM

He can do whatever he wants in NJ. If he is on the ticket for 2016 then the GOP can kiss my lily white a$$. I won’t vote for him.

chemman on April 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Redford on April 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

You middle of the road voters gave us Obama the last to Pressy Elections. The hardest left president in our history. That really makes you hard, hard, hard left.

chemman on April 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

GarandFan on April 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I know several people with those bad dudes. They are serious shooters.

chemman on April 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I dislike and distrust the mental health industry anyway. Too many drugs are handed out for “mental disorders” these days. For example boys tend to be loud and out of control yet many idiotic parents put them on drugs as a substitute to parenting them, in other words doing their job.

William Eaton on April 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM

After his moronically-timed stroll along the beach with Odumbo, I said I’d never vote for Christie, the fat POS.

What happens in NJ might not stay in NJ, but that fat-head may as well.

RedCrow on April 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM

William Eaton on April 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Were I to use the amount of profanity I think sufficient to describe this practice, Gabriel would come cut my tongue out. A few children can really truly benefit from the proper medication. But I really wonder if at least half of the cases could be cured with home remedies of a peach tree switch to the backside until Junior payed attention. We didn’t have these problems where teachers could swat unruly students and parents didn’t put some nonsense from a shrink before the Biblical admonition about a rod.

And things have only gotten worse. As the excuse of ADD & ADHD has worn too thin, the popular ‘diagnosis’ has switched to autism, to the point where it’s becoming a running joke among the cynical, and true autism cases are not funny.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM

There’s a reason I voted for Steve Lonegan in the primary and it’s because I don’t trust Christie. He is not a limited government Conservative. He’s a big government busybody in the mold of Bloomberg. He was the lesser of two evils against Corzine who was just a corrupt, incompetent buffoon, but I doubt I’d be willing to vote for Christie ever again.

njrob on April 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM