Suspects’ uncle: ‘I just wish they never existed’ Update: Video of Uncle Ruslan: ‘I love this country,’ nephews ‘losers’ Update: Sister questioned by law enforcement, ‘I don’t know what got into them’

posted at 11:17 am on April 19, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

In this intense interview with CBS Boston’s Peter Wilson, the bombing suspects’ uncle Ruslan Tsarni takes a far different tone than their father, who is Tsarni’s older brother.

During the course of the interview, Wilson informs Tsarni that one of his nephews, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, has been killed. Tsarni, clearly distraught, is nonetheless very clear about his feelings about his nephews-turned-suspects, saying Tamerlan, “absolutely deserved his.”

“Oh, I just wish they never existed. I’m wordless. I am wordless. I am wordless. Shocked,” he said. “I’ve just been watching it. I’ve been reading it. People who did that they do not to deserve even existing on this earth. They do not deserve to exist on this earth. That’s what I think.”

Tsarni, who lives in Maryland, said he hasn’t had much contact with his nephews for many years, and did not recognize them in pictures released by the FBI. As he’s giving the interview, his wife seems to bring him a clearer picture of the Tsarnaevs, and he confirms their identity. He said the young men came to the United States around 2000 or 2001, as young children.

In his last conversation with Tamerlan, around 2009, Tsarni said, “He started telling me about that he’s in Islam. I tell him, ‘Islam’s always been there. You just do your business. Work , go to school be useful, know why you came to America.’ And, I just said, and I’m sorry for my word… I said, ‘You prick.’”

Tsarni also called Tamerlan a “loser,” who had not finished school and gone to college as his younger brother had.

He said his nephews’ actions are “not comprehendible in our family,” saying he’d followed news of the bombings with everyone else and, “I was saying ‘these are barbarians, whoever they are.’”

“For people, listen, what can I say? Sympathy, condolences. That I’m with them! And, if some of them are ready to send their curses on me, I’m ready to accept it because I’m associated with these bastards (by blood). What else can I say? What else normal person can say?”

The suspects’ uncle said he didn’t know why they’d perpetrate such acts.

“They’ve been refugees in the is country. They’ve been refugees.” he said. “They got their start as refugees, refugees from war.”

Update: I corrected the curses quote, which I slightly misheard in transcribing.

Update: Alina Tsarnaev, who lives in New Jersey.

A woman who identified the Boston Marathon bombing suspects as her brothers can’t understand what happened this week in Massachusetts – any of it.

“They were great people. I never would have expected it,” said the woman, of the suspects in Monday’s bombing. “They are smart – I don’t know what’s gotten into them.”

Law enforcement is on the scene at her New Jersey apartment:

A woman who lives with her husband and at least one child in an apartment building in West New York, New Jersey says she is the sister of the Boston bombing suspects.

On Friday, the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, NYPD and local law enforcement swarmed the building on Buchanan Place in Hudson County and directly across the Hudson River from New York City.

At least a dozen law enforcement officials made their way into the building. WNYC identified the woman as Alina Tsarnaeva and say she was cooperating with the FBI.

Earlier in the morning she spoke to NorthJersey.com from the door of the second floor apartment but refused to give her name.

She said she was shocked by the bombings and surprised her brothers could have been involved.

She called them “loving” but said she had not spoken to the brothers in years.

WBZ radio in Boston reports that she “has not been in frequent touch with her brothers,” and is “sorry for all the people who are hurt.” Her residence was described as “cordoned off.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Wino on April 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Whatever, you pedantic nitwit.

I do not trust Muslims =/= I am calling for the extermination of Muslims. You made that connection. I did not, and I disavow it.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

And as to your question about knowing any “real” Muslims. I’m cursed in living in a place where there are almost no Muslims and so the opportunities have been few. I’ve been forced to study the texts, study the history and observe them in their daily behavior around the world in order to reach my conclusions.

BL@KBIRD on April 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

There are plently of murderous passages in the Bible, for those who are inclined, like the Westboro Baptists and abortion bombers/assassins like Eric Rudolph, James Kopp and Scott Roeder, to interpret them in that way. To condemn all Muslims based on the acts of radical Islamist terrorists is akin to concluding that Christianity is a hateful and murderous religion based on news stories about Christian terrorists like those cited above, or the Catholics and Protestants bombing the sh*t out of each other on a regular basis not too long ago in Northern Ireland and England.

I live in a town with a mosque, have several Muslim families in my neighborhood, and have met many more through the PTA, kids’ sporting activites and from patronizing their many small businesses. You don’t hear stories about them on the news because thay are not newsworthy. They are kind and decent people just going about their daily lives. It says more about you than about them when you characterize all Muslims as villians.

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Has anyone noticed that the sons’ mother was arrested last year for shoplifting $1,600 from a Lord and Taylor? I hadn’t seen that before.

Wow. And the Lord & Taylor cameras near the marathon’s finish line was credited with some of the first images of the killers. Sweet irony!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Note that I used the proper term for you. You have no tolerance for one billion people because they are of a different religion. You’re no better than the left denouncing all Christians because one bible reader bombs an abotion clinic. In fact, you’re worse. Wino on April 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Well, you see, the thing is, if the Bible commanded Christians to bomb abortion clinics, and Christians frequently did so, for instance, at least weekly if not daily, then one could hardly be labeled a bigot for pointing out that perhaps there was some measure of fidelity to the Bible on the part of the bombers, and perhaps, although 97% of Christians weren’t bombing abortion clinics, it was not for lack of encouragement from their holy book.

So on the one hand, one can state a fact and not necessarily be a bigot, and on the other hand, it’s like, easy to examine your remarks and conclude that you’re a knucklehead and a poseur dude.

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No, genocide is the killing of an entirity of any one type or group. Its etymology does come from the greek word for “race,” but its English meaning is more “gen”eral than that. See genome, general, and generic for other examples using the root that mean “type” and not “race.” Wino on April 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Huh. That’s a lot of exactitude for a word coined as wartime propaganda seventy years ago.

Raphael Lemkin invented it to refer to the Nazi campaign against the Jews, and as I recall, that campaign did not eliminate the “entirety” of Jews.

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

But, there aren’t any that you can point to that don’t require misinterpretation by wackos such as those listed to be considered “murderous”. Right?

GWB on April 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

He showed a lot more anger and hostility than contrition and humility…

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I’d be pretty angry and hostile over the fact that my evil idiot nephews were mass-murdering Jihadi-Joes. There are plenty of nominal Muslims who only want to mind their own business. The problem is that they are about as representative of the actual beliefs & practices of the religion as the Kennedys are of Catholicism.

ebrown2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

No, but that was the Nazi Party’s stated intent. Eliminate as many as possible, and make the rest submit. Hmm…where have I heard that before…

Eliminate as many as possible, and make the rest submit…

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM

So, go ahead and continue your false attacks and give more ammunition to the enemy.

Fools.

Wino on April 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Go away already, troll. you’re boring, nobody care what you think anyways.

jimver on April 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Interesting that assimilation wasn’t possible for these refugees in diverse and compassionate MA. I’m sure the great liberals reminded the boys constantly what victims they were in America.

Michelle Obama: we’re a divided country, we’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,” she said. “Folks are just jammed up, and it’s gotten worse over my lifetime. And, doggone it, I’m young. Forty-four!”

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Kharma :)

jimver on April 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

From the mind of a depraved sodomite.

tom daschle concerned on April 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

From the mind of a depraved sodomite.

tom daschle concerned on April 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Ahhahahahahahhahahahahahah! I’m a married mother of two lovely daughters. I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

You do think I’m on Hot Gas all the time, don’t you? The only times I’ve been here since the bombing was to drop in on a couple of threads to express sadness that I don’t have prayer as comfort, plus a couple snarky comments (mostly in headlines).

I didn’t pick up on what you say. I just didn’t. Perhaps my “White-Blame-Dar” isn’t as finely-tuned as my “Gaydar”.

As for the Salon piece, never heard of it til this very thread (someone before you referenced it).

Still, it was an odd question when I just wanted to offer greetings to you.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

A muslim cannot win with this kind of absolute hatred.

Wino on April 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM

“I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.” – Barack Obama

“Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation”. – Barack Obama

“Let me tell you, don’t get sick in America!” – Michelle Obama

Yes, our great president, his wife, his preacher, his daddy (whomever it was), and his mentor, want to give Muslims a fighting chance, and all the encouragement in the world to succeed in America. And love their fellow Americans, I might add. Huh?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

The muslims that I know will privately tell me that they don’t agree with muslims that hold more radical views, but I see them back away from discussions when more radical views are expressed by their more devote friends. I’ve seen this occurring for over 10 years.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That is emphatically NOT the case with the Muslims I know, nor with the local mosque, which immediately and publically denounced the 9/11 attacks and all subsequent Islamic terrorist attacks.

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Some of my best friends are Muslim!

/InOtherWords

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM
You do think I’m on Hot Gas all the time, don’t you?

I didn’t say that. I said you were prolific commenter.

Still, it was an odd question when I just wanted to offer greetings to you.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

And not even a comment on the Salon piece now?

lol. Cheers, I guess you say.

Oh, and the emoticon.

:-)

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Kharma :)

jimver on April 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Yeppers.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Perhaps it’s selective cluelessness?

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Selective cluelessness and willful ignorance will only cost more lives. I have very little confidence that this latest terror attack will change anything for the better.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

And not even a comment on the Salon piece now?

lol. Cheers, I guess you say.

Oh, and the emoticon.

:-)

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I don’t comment on things of which I know nothing. Enjoy the day!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

It wasn’t an odd question. It’s amazing that you’re clueless enough to have missed the MSM’s implications. hawkdriver was right to question you about this. Perhaps it’s selective cluelessness?

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Feigned cluelessness is as useful as feigned outrage for a liberal.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

The number you have reached is not in service. Please hang up and try again.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM

You have become that which you hate.

Wino on April 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ha! Is that all you can come up with? Like I said, it’s OK, you’re ignorant as a post but you are not alone. Ignorance is blissful and tolerant of intolerable things as long as the boat isn’t blown up rocked.

BL@KBIRD on April 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

And I assume that you agree with my comment because you chose not to challenge it.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM

You can assume what you please. My reponse was correct: I told you to read more comments, because your statement was completely incorrect and baseless. Had you read more comments, you would have seen that, and I would not need to write this.

I have done what I can to oppose the ignorance espoused by gryphon and his sock puppets. You all can continue with your hatred unopposed now.

Just remember my admonitions the next time you hear or see “hater, racist, or homophobe” epithets from the left. You hate all muslims for the actions of a small percentage and for your own beliefs of what their religion is and does. It is not a far stretch to attribute such baseless hatred to any group at all. You are doing the job for the left by giving evidence to support their accusations.

I say again: Fools.

Wino on April 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don’t comment on things of which I know nothing. Enjoy the day!

And lets not forget…

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Feigned cluelessness is as useful as feigned outrage for a liberal.

Feigned indifference and feigned goodwill to others.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Is Christianity? What is Christian? Is the Westboro Posse Christian? Were the Conquistidores? The Crusaders?

I find it difficult to say what IS Christianity, as it covers so many people and so much time.

I have NO problem saying Qtub and the Salafists are a problemetic sect of Islam, but a lot more trouble talking about “ISlam.”

JFKY on April 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Christianity went through the Protestant Reformation. The Catholic Church is no longer a governing body over anyone but its own adherents and only as a religious authority. For hundreds of years there hasn’t been any Christian initiative to promote the violent conquest or destruction of non-believers — there never really was in the foundations of Christian belief. There were abuses when the Church was also a political authority. Instead, Christianity employs evangelism to persuade converts. It allows for doubt, questioning, and free will.

The Westboro Baptist Church is essentially a single family, under the thumb of a crank who distorts the beliefs of Christianity to serve his own purpose and who is an absolute authoritarian over his “flock.” Most legitimate Christian believers condemn the activities and beliefs of the WBC.

However, Islam has never had a reformation, and it remains overtly political as well as a religious. The particularly virulent sects of Islam are not widely condemned by ordinary Muslims because Islam is the overarching influence in their lives — they are considered apostates and harshly punished if they stray or question Islam. In spite of millions of Muslims living their lives without wreaking violence on their neighbors, they cannot or will not criticize violence that is committed in the name of Islam. It is a religion that has not evolved from its most primitive form, so its mandates to kill infidels or convert them as second-class citizens who pay tribute are still considered just and appropriate by ordinary Muslims, whether acted upon or not.

cheeflo on April 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Some of my best friends are Muslim!

/InOtherWords

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

They’ll say something very different in Arabic.

We need bugs and cameras placed in every mosk in the USA.

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Feigned indifference and feigned goodwill to others.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Do you mean my pleasant demeanor and happy attitude are wasted here? Boo-hoo.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Eric Rudolph’s favourite philosopher is Nietzsche. In a letter to his parents from prison, he wrote:

“Many good people continue to send me money and books. Most of them have, of course, an agenda; mostly born-again Christians looking to save my soul. I suppose the assumption is made that because I’m in here I must be a ‘sinner’ in need of salvation, and they would be glad to sell me a ticket to heaven, hawking this salvation like peanuts at a ballgame. I do appreciate their charity, but I could really do without the condescension. They have been so nice I would hate to break it to them that I really prefer Nietzsche to the Bible.”

Resist We Much on April 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I don’t comment on things of which I know nothing. Enjoy the day!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You seem to know a great deal about people oppressing Muslims though? Seems the stories of intolerance would go hand in hand.

Good day.

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

The number you have reached is not in service.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Wow. You state the obvious and think it clever. Again.

Do you mean my pleasant demeanor and happy attitude are wasted here? Boo-hoo.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

You really don’t feign clueless, do you?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

If Ruslan was engaging in taqqiya, he would have teamed up with CAIR and made some stupid excuse, IMHO.

I still appreciate Ruslan and his courage.

PattyJ on April 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM

My observation has nothing to do with hatred. I can make observations about the weather without it having anything to do with hatred.

Your ignorance is astounding.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

This is similar to being called homophobic or h8ters if you disagree with homosexuals’ lifestyle.

Childish thinking.

cptacek on April 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Good day.

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Huh? Where did I talk about anybody oppressing Muslims?

Whatevs.

You really don’t feign clueless, do you?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Sorry. I’m too clueless to know who the hey you are.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I still appreciate Ruslan and his courage.

PattyJ on April 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Many think that the murder of innocent woman and children while committing suicide is courageous. So courageous that they cannot face the outcome of their actions in this world.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM

There are plently of murderous passages in the Bible cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

In the OT there were commands to wage war against specific tribes or city-states, but no blanket command to kill people for not following YHWH.

In fact, there are commands to be kind to strangers, e.g. in the 10 Commandments. And by “stranger” was meant non-Hebrew.

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

What level (beyond PTA meetings, etc.) have you socially been involved with your muslim acquaintances?

blink on April 19, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Four or five couples we see frequently but casually at such events; two families live on my street and we see socially at neighborhood parties 2-3 times a year, plus one of the wives is in my monthly bookclub; two other families we have known for 10+ years (since our kids were in daycare together) and socialize 3-4 times a year (go to restaurant, have dinner at one another’s houses, attend holiday parties, etc.). And not one of them has even attempted to convert or kill me!

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Sorry. I’m too clueless to know who the hey you are.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:02 PM

No one here is going to argue that you are clueless. I think many will look upon you as Clueless Ladysmith CulchaVulcha.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 3:09 PM

And not one of them has even attempted to convert or kill me! cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

As far as you know

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

The Uncle just said that his nephews didn’t perpetrate these crimes because they are Muslim, but because they are LOSERS.

Right on, right on.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I’ll keep waiting for the “moderate” Muslims to denounce this…

/crickets

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Their horrified uncle just did.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Trust a Muslim, trust Obama.

They’re up their with the Gypsies for being cultures built around lying.

MelonCollie on April 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I choose to despise the perpetrators, not a culture.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

It takes a culture to raise a terrorist.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

GWB on April 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Don’t have my Bible handy, but a quick internet search reveals the following:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

cam2 on April 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

LCV, I’m not willing to post every comment you made here but this was your theme. And not a bad one if the comments got over the top. No problem there at all.

My question related to the flip side, in that you didn’t seem to care or “notice” there was a gold mine of comments here and in the media about people doing exactly the opposite and the preponderance of blame was being directed to white conservatives. And in the past concerning public violence.

I’m actually not one to mince words or obfuscate my opinion here. So I’ll just be direct and say I think your comments here are narrowly-minded and purposely simplistic.

Sorry, our comments seem to be at odds though. We conservatives need to stick together.

:-(

You have a great day.

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

One lesson we should all take from this event is that muslims don’t have to look like the stereotypes. They can look like the kid next door.

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Now you know that choosing not to despise a culture isn’t anywhere near:

You seem to know a great deal about people oppressing Muslims though?

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

And I counter with: I think your responses have been prickly and unnecessarily antagonistic. I didn’t answer your question about the article because I haven’t read it, have no interest in doing so, never heard of it til today, and didn’t “get” why you were asking me about it.

Ah well…Great day to you, too.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Now you know that choosing not to despise a culture isn’t anywhere near:

You seem to know a great deal about people oppressing Muslims though?

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yep, the insights I’ve garnered from this exchange with you are legion.

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Sorry …

Good evening.

hawkdriver on April 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Ah yes, welcome to America!

Judicial Watch pointed out another coincidence: the other suspect in the bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, received U.S. citizenship on September 11, 2012, the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks and the same day that terrorists attacked the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

The other brother faced deportation for domestic violence in 2009. Good thing democrats are on the immigration issue!

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Wow. There’s a lot of angry on this thread.

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Wow. There’s a lot of angry on this thread.

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Yep!

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 19, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Wow. There’s a lot of angry on this thread.

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Some 20,000+ jihad attacks worldwide by Muslims, done in the name of Allah since 9-11-2001, should have that effect on right-thinking individuals.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Gun owners in the United States do not all belong to a religion that affirms conversion by conquest and death to apostates as two prime pillars of its belief system.

ebrown2 on April 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Islam has five pillars:

1. Statement of faith.
2. Five prayers daily.
3. Alms giving
4. Fasting during Ramadan
5. Pilgrimage to Mecca

There is nothing, anywhere in mainstream Muslim doctrine that states that it is ok to kill innocent people. Yes, the Koran has violent passages, but so does the Bible (some of you folks really need to take the “Bible or Koran” quiz on Sporcle sometime).

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

You forgot your /BlitheringIdiocy tag. Moron.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

You forgot your /BlitheringIdiocy tag. Moron.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

What a devastating rebuttal.

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

What a devastating rebuttal.

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:13 PM

The most devastating rebuttal would come from the respective families of the 3000 dead souls that were in the World Trade Center towers when they fell. But oh no, that doesn’t mean shit to you. They don’t mean shit to you. That wasn’t done in the name of Islam!

/ptooey

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Thank goodness that only 2-3 million of the 2.1 billion of them are out-of-the-mainstream crazies actively seeking death and destruction upon you then, huh?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

It’s good to know that if I go out tomorrow and blow up 3000 people in the name of Jesus Christ, that automatically also makes Christianity a religion of terror and all 2 billion Christians potential terrorists as well.

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Do you know what the significance of the number 19 is, boys and girls?

That’s right! It’s the number of Muslim hijackers that took over 3 planes and killed nearly 3000 people on 9/11!

Do you know what the significance of the number two is?

Why yes, Johnny. That is the number of middle fingers that Susie flips you the bird with. But it’s also the number of Muslim bombers in Boston who maimed nearly 250 people, and killed an eight year old boy in the process.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM

My bad. Seems that as many as 36.6 percent of the 1.2 billion Muslims are radical out-of-the-mainstream crazies actively seeking death and destruction upon you. 439 million. We can all rest easily now. In fact, if we ignore them, chances are they will become peaceful and go away.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Sophistry of the worst sort. That hasn’t happened. At all. EVER. Even the crusades were incursions into territory that Muslisms had already forcibly conquered. And those 3000 people were killed in one attack done in the name of Allah while other Muslims around the world did in fact cheer the carnage.

You are absolutely hopeless. Everything that I’ve stated here on this thread, every last thing, is an undeniable settled fact. And it bothers you somehow that I don’t trust Muslims to tell me the truth about their intentions towards me. Whatever, dude. 9/11 was not the first attack by Muslims in the name of Allah against Americans on American soil, and with Vichies like you out there, Boston won’t be the last.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Wouldn’t it be better to know where these radical churches calling for the blowing up of other people in the name of Jesus Christ are? Can you name names?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Well, they do seem to show a certain type of sycophantic determination, don’t they? Like their sycophantic apologists?

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I’ll start with this:

Ok, like this?

I’ll make this quick and easy: Massacre of Beziers, France 1209. Christian army puts 20,000 Gnostic and Catholic Christians to the sword, for the former’s alleged heresy. This is the origin of the phrase “kill them all and let God sort them out.”

So, no, everything you have said is not “undeniable, settled fact.”

While we’re on that topic, lets see some proof that Islam teaches the murder of the innocent. You’re not allowed to cite actions of Muslim terrorists, nor the teachings of fringe groups like Al Qaeda (this would be akin to someone pointing to the actions of evil people claiming to be Christian or teachings of Westboro or People’s Temple as a valuable insight to mainstream Christianity). I want to see something from either Muhammad/Koran or mainstream Muslim scholars that says Muslims should kill innocent people.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I need sourcing for that statistic before I can address it.

ndanielson on April 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I agree. Let’s isolate the extremists within Islam so we can stop painting hundreds of millions of people with an inaccurate brush.

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I don’t know. The liars spoil it for the good ones who don’t speak out. I am primarily interested in self-preservation vis-a-viz a religion that seeks conversion by military conquest. Islam is not a religion of peace. It is a religion of submission.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM

The liars do spoil it, and it would be better if we heard more Muslims speak out, but

1. The media loves to highlight groups like CAIR, which really are filled with liars, because they share the left’s coddling attitude towards our enemies. As conservatives, we know better than to judge a group based on who he media designates as their spokesmen.

2. A number of people on this site have declared that all denunciations are taquiya, based on a dubious interpretation of a passage from the Koran. This gives them a nonfalsifiable argument. Our experience with global warming hoaxers should be enough to remind us why those are ridiculous.

3. There are millions of Muslims that have been living in this country for decades or even centuries, minding their own business and not harming anyone. Anyone who believes that all or even most are secret terrorist sympathizers believes in a conspiracy so vast and intricate that it puts the illuminati, the Bilderbergs, the Freemasons, the Stonecutters, and the Reptilians to shame.

4. Declaring that they are not “True Muslims”, as a number of commenters have, entails asserting that millions of people are taking an inordinate amount of their time to pray for something that they don’t believe in, and/or refusing to respect their interpretation that any exhortations to violence in the Koran simply do not apply to modern society, and were directed only towards Muslims in the 7th century.

The bottom line in all of this is

5. Nonviolent people who hate terrorism and pray to Allah are our friends and our natural allies. Al Quaeda, its supporters, and its sympathizers are our enemies. They both want to call themselves the True Muslims. I’ll side with our friends in this dispute.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

A bit of a stretch, almost a thousand years back in time. Surely, someone as knowledgeable as your self can do better.

DDay on April 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Akzed on April 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

That there are. There are also specific commands to murder infants.

Does this make Chrisianity or even Judaism an evil religion? Of course not. Is someone who condemns the massacre of infants a fake Christian or fake Jew? Of course not, and quite the opposite — it is conservative Christians and Jews (and other religious people, including Muslims) who oppose abortion in the greatest numbers by far.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM

You’re naive if you think there is no difference.
There isn’t a problem with christians promoting the bible’s violent passages as justification for violence. Can you say the same about islam?

blink on April 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Of course there’s a problem with Muslims right now, in many parts of the world, using the Koran’s violent passage, though the vast majority of Muslims in this country reject this.

As has been pointed out, this same problem plagued Christianity in Europe for centuries, with people repeatedly using the Bible to justify butchering tens of thousands of their fellow Christians.

Was Christianity a fundamentally evil religion then? Of course not. So how does one reconcile this with the claim that Islam is evil today?

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Unfortunately, far too many moderate muslims that I know shy away from this isolation effort. In fact, they often feel that they are the ones being isolated for the lax observance of their religion.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Quite right, but how are they supposed to speak out when every time they do they get dismissed as practicing taquiya, and/or they are declare by the self-appointed ayatollahs of the “Islam is evil” crowd to not be “True Muslims”.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Does it really matter if it’s fundamentally evil or not. Why does this exactly terminology matter so much to you?

blink on April 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Because it is a slander against millions of people, including many of my countrymen. That matters to me. A lot.

And it’s not just nitpicking a language issue. There has been an insistence of late, on the part of a small but vocal and growing number of people here and elsewhere, to slam anyone who says that Islam is peaceful, but radical Islam is a huge problem.

It is not me who first insisted on this distinction, it was the people who have demanded that it is not enough to simply condemn and fightand destroy the fanatics; that we need to rid the world of the “cancer” of Islam itself.

I think that’s a pretty big distinction, no?

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I’m telling you that in my experience (which is not limited) moderate muslims don’t even speak out against more radical muslims IN PRIVATE. Do I need to repeat the reasons that this happens.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM

To the extent that they are unwilling to condemn terrorism in private conversation, that is an enormous problem.

When you say this happens, what conversations are you referring to? Private conversations between you and Muslims? Are you saying they don’t actively bring up the subject at all? Or that when speaking to you, if you ask them their opinion they equivocate? What exactly are they saying, and to whom? I’m just trying to get a sense of what you mean when you say they won’t speak out.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM

In conversations between moderate Muslims and more “aggressively opinionated” Muslims.

blink on April 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM

But this is hardly restricted to Islam. This is the case with virtually every topic of conversation between an aggressively opinionated person and a more reasonable and sane person. As I say, it’s a problem, but its a problem that plagues the whole human race.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Ok, I have to get back to work, but I guess this conversation will continue in the coming weeks/months/years/centuries.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I have never thought otherwise.

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:45 PM

No, let’s force the muslims to isolate them. It’s not athiests running around constraining churches from random acts of sectarian violence – it’s Christians.

You had to go back to 1209? To find Christians killing because of their God? (Which was also significantly related to a power struggle between Rome and Constantinople at the time.) Heck, I only have to go back to … oh… Monday to find muslims doing it. (Not in Boston, but in Iraq.)

As to your quotes from scripture, you’re quoting commands specifically to the Hebrews. They don’t apply to Christians. You would have to take them out of context and warp them to do so. So, there’s that whole misinterpretation thing, again. Koran and Hadith commands to kill the infidel if he doesn’t convert have *never* been disavowed by mainstream islamic authorities, and don’t have to be misinterpreted at all to be construed in that fashion.

GWB on April 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Islam has five pillars:

1. Statement of faith.
2. Five prayers daily.
3. Alms giving
4. Fasting during Ramadan
5. Pilgrimage to Mecca

LukeinNE on April 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What is the penalty for apostasy in Islam?

How was Islam propagated for the first eight centuries of its existence?

ebrown2 on April 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM

GWB on April 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Exactly, unlike the use of forced conversions that started when Christianity became a state religion (and which was condemned by many of the early Church fathers), the use of the sword to promote Islam has always existed and is in no way a deviation from the tenets of the religion.

ebrown2 on April 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM