Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on April 12, 2013 by Allahpundit

“If Dr. Gosnell had walked into a nursery and shot seven infants with an AR-15, it would be national news and the subject of presidential hand-wringing,” said Rep. Smith…

“Will the decades-long major national news media cover-up of the brutality—and violence—of abortion methods ever end?” Rep. Smith continued. “Will Americans ever be told the horrifying details as to how — and how often — abortionists dismember, decapitate, and chemically poison innocent babies?”

***

Martin Baron, executive editor of the Post, tells the Erik Wemple Blog:

We believe the story is deserving of coverage by our own staff, and we intend to send a reporter for the resumption of the trial next week. In retrospect, we should have sent a reporter sooner.

***

So the question, raised by pro-lifers, is this: Explain to us why Gosnell isn’t a national story. Somebody else can try. I can’t explain it. It’s never made sense to me, how a local crime story becomes a national story. Two words: “Poop cruise.” CNN ran hours of coverage and grainy video of a stranded Carnival cruise ship, a situation that inconvenienced many and killed none. How does a missing college student or an angry man in a TSA line become part of Our National Conversation? I don’t know. I do know that a reporter in the bubble is less likely to be compelled by the news of an arrested abortionist…

[T]here is a political scandal here. Grand jury investigators were baffled: How did Gosnell’s clinic, an infamous place in the tri-state area, go un-inspected for so long? Basically, the regulators blew it. “Even though the first DOH Certificate of Approval for Gosnell’s clinic expired on December 20, 1980,” write the investigators, “the next documented site review was not conducted until August 1989.” After a 1992 visit, regulators reported that the clinic was wheelchair-accessible, even though it’s “multi-leveled and has no elevator.” After 1993, the state didn’t follow up complaints about the clinic.

If you’re pro-choice, say, and you worry that the Gosnell story is being promoted only to weaken your cause, you really should read that grand jury report. “DOH could and should have closed down Gosnell’s clinic years before,” write the investigators. Why wasn’t it? Were state regulators nervous about igniting a political fight about abortion? Is the regulatory system incompetent or under-funded? And are there other states where the same could be said? Social conservatives are largely right about the Gosnell story. Maybe it’s not a raw political story. It’s just the story of a potential mass murderer who operated for decades as government regulators did nothing.

***

But the media have a long history of ignoring misconduct within the abortion industry. For instance, in July 2011, Americans United for Life released an exposé on Planned Parenthood. It provided 180 pages of evidence that Planned Parenthood violated parental-involvement laws, failed to report sexual abuse of children, and cannot account for millions in government grants. Despite a Capitol Hill press conference, it received coverage from only a handful of mainstream-media outlets. The fact that Planned Parenthood did not even post their response to the report on their website is evidence that they were confident that the mainstream media would cover for them…

Pro-lifers have gotten used to the fact that mainstream-media outlets are not going to report our perspective on polls, trends, and studies. However, some of us hoped that the Gosnell trial would be different than other stories involving abortion. After all, it provides plenty of graphic evidence of both real human suffering and gross misconduct. We hoped that the testimony might convince some in the media that abortion clinics need more regulation. Unfortunately, all pro-lifers have received is yet another example of the media’s circling the wagons for their allies in the abortion industry.

***

But, as I tried to argue last night on Special Report, I think the mainstream media stayed away from this story as much as it did because it had already locked into the position that partial-birth abortion is a right-wing bogeyman. If they covered the outrages that the feminists are understandably furious about, they would also have to mention somewhere in the reporting the fact that a whole bunch of actual babies were being cut up. The feminists don’t think that’s a problem. They just just want to make sure it’s done under more equitable and sanitary conditions. But the mainstream media understands that it is a problem — for them.

***

There’s very little difference between what [Dr. Leroy] Carhart does on a regular basis and what Kermit Gosnell stands on trial for. In one federal trial on the federal partial-birth-abortion ban, one abortionist testified (under a court-imposed cloak of anonymity) that his regular practice in late-term abortions was to decapitate a partially born child. So the horrors of what Jonah rightly called Gosnell’s “abattoir” should come as no surprise to those who have been paying attention…

Yet the Constitution is said by abortion apologists to protect this butchery. And while the pro-abortion industry appears embarrassed by the Gosnell trial, they’ve held Carhart up as their hero. Carhart was awarded the 2009 William K. Rashbaum, MD, Abortion Provider Award by Physicians for Reproductive Health — because there’s nothing like dying on the table to advance a woman’s health. Oh, and NARAL Pro-Choice America (which no longer stands for National Abortion Rights Action League, given that some people might think that name icky) gave him its Hero Award in the same year.

***

Jezebel points out the obvious, writing that “Gosnell doesn’t represent or stand for abortion care in any way. Abortion, done right, is a safe medical procedure.” But this idea of a high-profile case drawing an emotional response, and the attempt to use that emotional response to drive a policy debate, ought to be familiar. Jezebel’s statement, after all, could just as easily have read: “But Adam Lanza doesn’t represent or stand for gun ownership in any way. Gun ownership, done right, is a safe practice.” Jezebel notes that “fewer than 0.3% of abortion patients ever experience a complication that requires hospitalization,” according to a pro-abortion rights group. But even according to anti-gun statistics, there were only 33,000 gun-related deaths in 2011 for 300,000,000 guns owned in the country (fewer than .00012 percent). The violent crime rate in the U.S., in fact, is approaching a historical low.

***

Said the President after Sandy Hook:

“No law or set of laws can keep our children completely safe. But if there’s even one thing we can do, if there’s just one life we can save, we’ve got an obligation to try.”

I agree. We need sensible abortion control. Think of how many classrooms of children lost their lives at the hands of Gosnell. The difference between Gosnell and some other abortionists is that Gosnell was caught. Gosnell didn’t use an AR-15 to snuff out the lives of these live infants. He assaulted them with scissors. Too many to count. There is a photo of one child (via the grand jury testimony) stuffed into a shoebox like a pet hamster. His little legs were too big so they hung out over the sides. Just one life.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

…I KNOW!…I just hate being in heat all of the time…with ‘jack’ being part of the nom!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM

That’s what MGs do to you. I saw her by the pool once. But maybe I was dreaming.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

(Sitting back relaxing with Pink Floyd)…

Coming Back to Life

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Gosnell was charged with capital murder and the jury is ‘death qualified.’

Resist We Much on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Correct..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

This house of horrors exposes what kind of scum believe in and carry out death of innocent babies.

RovesChins on April 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

This was simply an abortion clinic. Nothing special about it. Stop calling it a house of horrors and let people realize that when they hear this story, they should be envisioning every clinic that exists from coast to coast. There is no difference.

Just because someone cleans up the blood at a different clinic doesn’t mean it is now ok.

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

We’re on the same page.

RovesChins on April 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Gosnell was charged with capital murder and the jury is ‘death qualified.’

Resist We Much on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I wasn’t sure one way or another if the death penalty was on the table. I had assumed that since PA looked the other way so many years that maybe they were liberal enough not to have the death penalty in place. I was wrong.

gryphon202 on April 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

According to what I read some time ago, Nancy Pelosi thinks “It’s a baby when you take it home from the hospital.”

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I thought that was Barbara Boxer.

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

But you should know that the people who know me like me. I’m generous, have a sense of humor, and all that good personality type of stuff. Demonizing me may not work real well.

thuja on April 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

…are you blueballs/bluegills…”significant” other?????????

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I think men are pretty special, too, John. I despise the way the ‘feminists’ try to denigrate men with the aim of somehow elevating women by doing so. I’m hoping for a century in which we rediscover the beauty and necessity of one another.

I never minded competition for any goal I sought, be it from a man or a woman, it was all the same to me. To put it bluntly… and I hope you’ll pardon me… ‘screw second place’…winning was the goal.

I’m of the old fashioned opinion that it takes men and women, together, to make the world… and keep it spinning. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

OT – victims get handlers – the USA has become a disgusting place, with little decency left.

Obama feeds on carrion (thanks Jackie for the word/reference). May he choke on it.

Schadenfreude on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Either way, whether Gosnell gets the death penalty or not, he will have had the due process those eight murder victims never had.

gryphon202 on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

In the 1999 colloquy, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) said: Suppose during this procedure the baby slips entirely from the mother’s birth canal. “You agree, once a child is born, is separated from the mother, that that child is protected by the Constitution and cannot be killed? Do you agree with that?” Boxer: “I think when you bring your baby home, when your baby is born … the baby belongs to your family and has all the rights.” Santorum persisted: “Obviously, you don’t mean they have to take the baby out of the hospital for it to be protected by the Constitution. Once the baby is separated from the mother, you would agree—completely separated from the mother—you would agree that the baby is entitled to constitutional protection?” She would not say “yes.” Instead, she said, understandably: “I don’t want to engage in this.”

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

This has been bugging me and this thread is a fair place to say it. These late term and partial birth abortions….These women are showing. People know they are pregnant. Do you think they tell people that they aborted a late term baby? No, we all know they say miscarraige or still born. And they get comfort and support from well meaning friends and family. Pisses me off.

KCB on April 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I agree.

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

The trouble is that the people who know think I’m a right wing lunatic.

thuja on April 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

That’s probably because you’re as phony as you are evil…and, since leftists are notoriously stupid, you easily fool them.

And if you believe that you’re “right-wing”, then you’re as stupid as those you dupe.

What you are is trash…cast-off offal, lying festering and stinking in the hot sun – your only attendants the flies raising maggots in you.

It would be enjoyable to watch your end when your masters are done with you.

Solaratov on April 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

gryphon202 on April 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I hope that the PA officials who looked the other way also get their day in court…

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I wish the promised peace of Bactune 14 would get here soon, or I am going to really start to believe that the Mayan’s were full of sh@t:)

MarshFox on April 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM

gryphon202 on April 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

They won’t. If everyone responsible for Kermit Gosnell got what I believe they deserved, it wouldn’t be pretty.

gryphon202 on April 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

…if you woke up ‘dry’…you were hallucinating!
…if you woke up ‘wet’…you were dreaming!
….(gawd!…I’m a pig sometimes!) (:->)

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

For spring

DarkCurrent on April 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

LIBERALISM IS A F*CKING DISEASE!

A cancer on society that needs excising…

Ohhhhhhhhh that felt good to say! :-O

Sorry if I offended anyone…

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM</blockquot
You're absolutely correct. Here's the link to the conversation. Barbara Boxer on Late Term Abortion and Partial Birth Abortion

Thanks. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Thanks and good evening. Emotional night, as you see.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

That there was funny, and hey we are all grown… :-)

Not a pig

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

This is hilarious

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Tenderly – Chet Baker

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM

About time you got here. Did you know we don’t accept Canadians anymore?

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Gosnell was charged with capital murder and the jury is ‘death qualified.’

Resist We Much on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Good

DarkCurrent on April 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Very nice..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Gosnell was charged with capital murder and the jury is ‘death qualified.’

Resist We Much on April 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

That’s the game they play. They charge him with that knowing he won’t be found guilty of that.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:20 AM

And, of course, it does. But I do think women are on the ascendency. My brother and I are both in agreement that we really want our daughters to be strong and fearless. Not feminist — that’s a corrupt ideology. But just to be strong and fearless. My daughter told me that she went skiing and went down a black diamond slope. She’s seven. She wiped out, got up, dusted herself off, and skied it again. As a father, that is gold to me.

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

. Did you know we don’t accept Canadians anymore?

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Didn’t know that..I hope canopfor made it in..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

thuja on April 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

If you have to tell people about it…it probably isn’t true.

Solaratov on April 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

*lights up a cig*

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Apparently this topic brings out a special kind of idiot. I almost miss The Gilled One.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

What’s up Tommy?

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Good night, my dear friends!

thuja on April 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

See if you can’t stop breathing before dawn, trash.

Solaratov on April 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Good evening, Dire! Good to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Very cool..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Hi Tommy how goes it! (just smoked one) ;-)

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I don’t believe any of these late-term abortions involve a “partial birth.” I think that term was used to just try and soften what actually happens. In other words, drugs are administered to induce labor, the child is born, then the child is murdered.

TarheelBen on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

You are doing a fine job and will do a fine job of raising good strong young ladies…

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I almost miss The Gilled One.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

The modifier is key.

wolfsDad on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

You are going to need a bigger boat!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Didn’t know that..I hope canopfor made it in..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Somebody made him a Texan (Limerick?) Anyway, Obviously we are keeping him.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

TarheelBen on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Exactly that…

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Right before they gas Gosnell they should make him listen to all the screaming babies he tortured that sounded like aliens.

Hopefully it will haunt him to the gates of hell and even piss off Lucifer.

Liberal women, you got blood on your hands to the tune of millions.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

thatsafactjack

Jackie, before I leave and take a ride up 58 to Foster, no missiles raining down today so I think it is safe;) I wanted to address something you said. Men unfortunately have abdicated their roles as men. Feminism in and of itself isn’t the issue, men were complicit just as much if not more. Men need to learn to stop being scared of strong women, pretty sure, Todd Palin is the Alpha in the relationship, and I am quite sure that it is understood within the family. He has the inner strength to let her shine above him, because it is her time, selfish men aren’t men. Most strong women, want a strong man, there are some who want betas, but by and far, they want security, a sanctuary, a rock in the storms of their life to hold on to, to say no when the whole world says yes, and to buy their chairs every day. It may not be even an outward appearance but they want a mate they can trust, because as bad a@@ as some of them are, inside they are still the delicate and feminine, and that stoic, silent strength of a real man is all they need to facilitate them conquering life.

MarshFox on April 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

The modifier is key.

wolfsDad on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Always is :-)

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

. Did you know we don’t accept Canadians anymore?

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Didn’t know that..I hope canopfor made it in..:)

Dire Straits on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

…..I’ll be a Canadian “COYOTE” for him!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

That is gold. And, I think you’d want exactly those same qualities in a son. :)

The qualities we admire should apply to both sexes. My father raised me in that fashion, and it has served me very well.

He taught me all the things that men used to reserve for their sons, about the world and survival. He told me that sometimes he had to grit his teeth to tell me the hard truth about people and the world, since he had that instinct that fathers have to shelter a little daughter, but he did it to protect me, and he was right.I’m grateful for every bit of it.

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Got the flu. Nonetheless, got tons of work. Almost wish that I was a lazy bu* again. ;-) But like my bro tells me, its better to be busy and work-laden than to be lazy and broke. ;-)

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Thanks, Scrump. I want to see more Sarah Palins, not less.

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Good night everyone. Hope you like the link. It is catchy. I’ve listened to it probably 10 times over the past few weeks :)

cptacek on April 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I almost miss The Gilled One.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

…you don’t have to avoid her name…just call her blueballs from now on…she beats herself so much!…she’s got to ‘feel’… like them!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Good night to my Hot Air friends! If B shows say hi.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

MarshFox on April 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Well said, MarshFox, and I might add that when a man is ill or disabled he needs to know that the woman he shares his life with can manage for them both, too. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I drink a lot of tea and coffee but my teeth don’t get stained at all.

My teeth are very white. Its amazing.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I hope you recover swiftly and completely, Tommy. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well, my friend. :)

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

MarshFox on April 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

So poignant! Spoken as a true honorable man!

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I drink a lot of tea and coffee but my teeth don’t get stained at all.

My teeth are very white. Its amazing.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

…cuz your teeth are soaking in a glass of Efferdent…while your drinking tea and coffee?

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Gravity – Mayer

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Good Night Ken!! Sleep well and God Bless!

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

God Bless and goodnight Fair Lady!! Sweet dreams :-)

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Hi B9. I was practicing today and mashed some 400 footers. Its all bio-mechanics, balance and form.

The pros can throw 500 feet.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM

thatsafactjack on April 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

It really is non-gender, isn’t it? I grit my teeth frequently. I just don’t want my daughter to ever subvert ANYTHING in order for her to submit to the way things are. I am a libertarian, I believe in freedom. She will be free.

John the Libertarian on April 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I hope you recover quickly T! Drink plenty of fluids and stay warm :)

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Got the flu…

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

…if you get the shits…save it for the trolls………….K?..

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I drink a lot of tea and coffee but my teeth don’t get stained at all.

My teeth are very white. Its amazing.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

The pair of you should be on TV with your own comedy show!!

You guys have me laughing so hard… :-)

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

lolz. funny.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:53 AM

thuja on April 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I bet there are folks that liked Gosnell, too, and he’s a soulless f*ck.

Your point?

Midas on April 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I almost miss The Gilled One.

KCB on April 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I never miss the gilled one. I’m a good spear fisherman.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM

As a guy, I’m thankful to God that I was never in a position to have to consider an abortion for various partners over the years. I’ve already committed enough sins to make Barabbas flinch! Deliberately terminating my own flesh and blood would have torn me apart both emotionally and spiritually.

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I must be off :-)

God Bless everyone! I bid thee all a Good Night…

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on April 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Nite, Scrumpy. Sleep well, dear.

tommy71 on April 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I never miss the gilled one. I’m a good spear fisherman.

SparkPlug on April 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM

…ok!…now you’ve turned her on!…she’s going to get the whole place wet!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Solaratov on April 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I live in Lubbock. Lubbock has Christians…and muzzies. The only ‘temple’ has a fembot rabbi. There’s no Chabad or anything else. Nothing. I’m also married to a Christian. That’s why I’ve gone ‘reformadox’ rather than ‘orthodox’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I noticed on another Gosnell thread how the trolls are going all out to defend him, using every spurious reason they can think of.

Liam on April 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Safe for who? We’ve already established that if the baby is born alive it’s a complication. And we have a President and a whole culture of death out there that considers decapitation a way to fix the complication.

Leftists are freaking monsters. Dress them up all you want. Let them speak 16 different languages and heap titles and awards and wealth on them all day long… but when you get down to who and what they really are… barbarians.

You have only two kinds. The ones who abort and/or decapitate babies behind closed doors or the ones who support and defend aborting and/or decapitating babies behind closed doors.

JellyToast on April 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Remember the Clinton mantra?

Safe. Legal. Rare.

Once the Left got Legal they decided that was it, washed their hands of it save as a political issue that centered on Legal.

Rare? Apparently this is another instance where they aren’t so much ‘Pro-Choice’ as Anti-Human. Just like AGW. Just like ‘gun control’ in those countries that have banned guns, the criminals still get them and use them.

Safe? Now here is the kicker: they want YOU to pay for such death houses with your ‘health insurance’ money for ‘the poor’. Which means they want you to agree to fund clinics like Gosnell’s. What is the one realm of ‘health care’ where they do not want strict, hard oversight so that these places must keep good records, where they must keep sanitary conditions, and where they must be held legally liable for what they do? Uh-huh, abortion clinics. You can run them out of a beat up old van and the Left doesn’t care. These places kill people, and that is a good thing within the Leftist mindset.

If you are ‘Pro-Choice’ then where are you in demanding… no SCREAMING at everyone that this sort of thing is intolerable? That it must be STOPPED? That murder is, in fact, something that deals with those that have been BORN? Are you AGAINST safe procedures, medical conduct and the reporting requirements that every, single other medical establishment MUST GO THROUGH? Your silence is assent. Your silence is condoning murder for the Legal portion of the argument… it is a sanction to kill, that silence is.

When you put forward a ‘War on Women’ meme here is what I can tell you: in a war there is a body count.

That body count is now listing to the Left.

The Hard Left and taking the rest of the Left with it.

Do you want to put out memes and then not back them one iota?

If you are against a ‘War on Women’ from the LEFT, then where the hell are you? You got blood under your feet. You can’t wash away past mistakes but you can STOP making the DAMNED MISTAKE. Because we do have a ‘War on Women’ and the blood is under those in the shoes who have tried to play it up for political gain, for political power. And here is the result.

‘Pro-Choice’ and can’t be bothered on SAFETY? Why do you love dead women and dead babies? Got a bit of Eichmann in you, eh? A yes-man to the powers that be? No morals? No ethics? No conscience? Or just willing to parrot the party line and, well, being the obedient little underling willing to underwrite death and not thinking about what that actually means?

‘Pro-Choice’ now means bloody footprints that go right through Gosnell’s charnel house. Yeah, you couldn’t be bothered with the Right, gotchya? Now how about folks like me who asked why this isn’t being regulated like ANY OTHER INVASIVE MEDICAL PROCEDURE? You’re the ones with the big, grand, billionaire backed organizations working for ‘the cause’, so how come your cause is so pro-death as well as pro-choice? These organizations can stop this but only if the obedient little foot soldiers realize that the sticky sound and red footprints belong to THEM.

That is why the MFM won’t put this up for all to see.

They need their own people asleep.

So that they can be surprised when the knock on the door is for them, not the villain du jour. Somehow it is always the fellow traveler that never suspects that they will be the first to go. And yet the warning signs are so clear you wonder just how they can ignore them. Well, if they don’t bother to listen and it isn’t spoon-fed to them, then they really are in the dark and controlled completely. Such useful idiots become unnecessary the fastest and are the most dangerous when they figure out the betrayal. Shame they don’t want to defend themselves when that day comes. Not wanting to listen, they cannot hear, and that becomes fatal. Quickly.

ajacksonian on April 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Our trolls are getting boring.

Axe on April 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM

The government couldn’t even protect these babies. Now they react. Too late.

CW on April 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM

600 comments. Pretty good for a story about a few skin tags being excised.

FIRST!

Bishop on April 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

The left is so convinced that all we want to do is overturn RoevWade, that they are willing to turn a blind eye to the horrors at Gosnell’s clinic. They know how incrementalism works. First we’ll come for partial birth abortions, then not allowing abortions after 6 weeks and finally the big overturn. This is how the left controls the 1st amendment and how they will kill the 2nd.

Kissmygrits on April 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM

This is how the left controls the 1st amendment and how they will kill the 2nd.

Kissmygrits on April 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Your whole comment, particularly this, well said.

hawkdriver on April 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Mornin’, Brothers, Sisters, and Trolls! In keeping with this subject and Liberal Hypocrisy, here’s My Take.

kingsjester on April 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

If Obama had a father figure, he would be just like Kermit Gosnell.

tom daschle concerned on April 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM

AP, you bring up a good question regarding why the national media ia ignoring the brutality and horror of the Gosnell case. It’s not that difficult to answer. Abortion is in the wheel house of the media’s principal key issues. Much like they failed to investigate Barack Obama, whose cause they championed without any regard for who he was, they care not a whit about abortionists and how they operate and what the results of their homocide brings us.

Eventually, the truth will out and justice will be served!

tomshup on April 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM

“Reformadox”. :)

I like that. You made laugh .

You do the best you can in all circumstances. It’ll all work out.

Solaratov on April 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM

…made me laugh. :)

Solaratov on April 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

kingsjester on April 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

…geeze!…Gosnell might be another JugEars relative…

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

the elites want abortion legal incase their daughters or sons have an “accident” and they need to take care of the “problem” so as to not tarnish the family name with an out of wedlock birth. and in their selfishness they sentenced 50 million Americans to early graves. why should we allow these people to lead us?

unseen on April 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM