Quotes of the day

posted at 10:11 pm on April 11, 2013 by Allahpundit

U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) tonight posted the bill text of The Public Safety And Second Amendment Rights Protection Act that he and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) introduced yesterday…

Purpose: To protect Second Amendment rights, ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and provide a responsible and consistent background check process.

***

The underlying bill that will be considered by the Senate is S. 649, the so-called “Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013”. This bill would criminalize the private transfer of firearms by law-abiding citizens, requiring friends, neighbors and many family members to get government permission to exercise a fundamental right or face prosecution. It is expected that a number of amendments will be offered to S. 649, including a ban on commonly and lawfully-owned firearms and magazines and language to criminalize the private transfer of firearms through an expansion of background checks. This includes the misguided “compromise” proposal drafted by Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV), Pat Toomey (R-PA) and Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

NRA’s position on these proposals is unmistakably clear—we are unequivocally opposed to S. 649, the amendments mentioned above, and any other anti-gun amendments. As we have noted previously, expanding background checks at gun shows or elsewhere will not reduce violent crime or keep our kids safe in their schools. Given the importance of these issues, votes on all anti-gun amendments or proposals will be considered in NRA’s future candidate evaluations.

***

The White House says Thursday’s motion to proceed on gun violence legislation in the Senate is all evidence needed that President Obama’s strategy of consistently engaging the American people on gun control after Newtown has worked

“The president has no doubt whatsoever that the voices of the Newtown families and the voices of Americans across the country that were raised this week as part of an effort to urge the Senate to move forward and not block procedurally progress on this legislation had a positive effect,” he said. “This is an important milestone. but it is an early milestone. And there is no question that challenges will continue to be placed in the way of making progress on passing common sense legislation to reduce gun violence. But we are obviously very pleased with today’s vote.”…

“The president has said all along, and you heard him on Monday, that Congress will do the right thing if the American people speak up,” Carney said. “If they raise their voices, if they make their views known. As he said then, it’s not about him, it’s about the American people and what the right, common-sense thing is to do when it comes to taking action to reduce gun violence.”

***

“With the vote we take today, we are turning the page. Against the NRA’s dominance, we are turning the page to do what is right by these families and by the American people,” Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said at a news conference with the family members.

Turning to the families, Schumer said Newtown was the reason the Senate acted. “The only reason we are turning the page is because of you. You spoke to Congress. You spoke to the American people. We looked in your eyes, we saw your loss. We saw the hole where your child, your sibling, your parent used to be.”

***

GOP leadership is currently weighing four options for handling the gun bill, according to sources close to leadership.

The first is to send a Senate-passed bill to the House Judiciary Committee for a markup — the panel would very likely take its time and gut the bill. Second is to ask that committee to draft its own background checks bill, which would almost certainly create a product that hews closely to the NRA’s specifications. House leadership is likely to give the committee wide berth on whether gun control laws need to be bolstered.

Boehner could also completely ignore the Senate bill — an unlikely outcome, aides say. Or he could move it straight to the House floor — that would happen only if the situation gets too politically hot for House Republicans. So far, that is not likely to happen: Just a handful of Republicans, most prominently Rep. Peter King of New York, have been supportive of Toomey and Manchin’s compromise.

***

Wednesday morning on “Starting Point,” anchors John Berman and Christine Roman hosted Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), one of the two senators responsible for the compromise legislation on background checks…

Berman: Senator Joe Manchin from West Virginia, you’ve been working around the clock for a compromise deal. I think you have a very busy few weeks ahead of you still.

Manchin: We appreciate your support, too, this is very, very important.

***

Vice President Joe Biden gave an interview to MSNBC’s Morning Joe on gun control and heaped praise on host Joe Scarborough saying that he and NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg deserved rewards for changing the gun debate in America.

“Hey Joe, thank you. You have changed the debate in America. The two guys who deserve an award, if anything gets done around here, is you and Michael Bloomberg” Biden said.

***

***

Via Twitchy.

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Go for your ten if it makes you feel better.

I posted videos for you …your idea ia a joke on you dimwits.

Pssst if they pass a 10 bullet limit one can own more than one magazine….idiot.

CW on April 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What did you do with crrr6, this is not right!#imposter

Rovin on April 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I am glad I am not the only one..I must be in a time warp..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Trap question..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Simple answer. This is the United States of America. I don’t have to need something in order to have it. The Bill of Rights, and the enforcement thereof, is not contingent on my needs, perceived or otherwise.

Sandra “Bury-Me-In-A-”Y”-Shaped-Coffin” Fluke made much political hay suggesting that, because we didn’t want to pay for her birth control, we were denying her some right. By the same logic, my rights are clearly being infringed by the suggestion that my access to more than 10 bullets at a time be curtailed.

CurtZHP on April 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM

can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Are you sure you want to use the standard of “need” to determine limits on Constitutional rights?

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

A woman from Dumfries, VA was not feeling well, and ended up staying home sick from work. Her home security alarm suddenly went off, and she found 3 men breaking in to her home. Luckily for this woman, she was a gun owner.

At this point a woman who is ill, home alone, and confronted suddenly by 3 men breaking into her home must compose herself to the point of being able to hit said men with a bullet at least 1 in 3 attempts.

Now I know what NonP is thinking: 1) The woman would be perfectly calm and holding her gun rock steady so no need for extra rounds because every gun owner is a former Navy SEAL…OR… 2) Instead of using a gun the woman should instead barf on herself which would of course make the 3 men flee in revulsion.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Weren’t over twice as many children killed by guns last year in Obama’s Chicago than were killed at Sandy Hook?

Why weren’t the families of those dead Chicago kids taken aboard Air Force One so Obama could show solidarity with his former constituents and their grievous losses?

Had to be dead white kids shot by a crazy white guy before Obama could get this propaganda ball rolling?

coldwarrior on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Do you have any experience, training or other qualifications that inform this opinion?

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

She played “Call of Duty” on her little brother’s X-box once.

CurtZHP on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Er, constitutional rights are not about ‘needs.’

Do you really need to know that the government is tapping your phone or reading your emails?

After all, the Founders only had ‘papers’ in mind when they wrote the Fourth Amendment…just like they were thinking in musket terms when they drafted the Second.

Why do you ‘need’ constitutional protections for your right to be secure in your electronic communications?

Like you said the other day about the Second Amendment, if you’re not a criminal, why are you so afraid of the government violating your Fourth Amendment rights ‘to be secure in your person, house, paper, and effect, against unreasonable searches and seizures’?

Resist We Much on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Purpose: To protect Second Amendment rights…

Orwell would be proud.

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

my common sense and understanding of the world informs me that people should not need more than 10round clips

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Marxists sure like to throw around the word “need.”

Methinks they are psychologically needy.

CurtZHP on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I thought the current liberal argument was that the woman only needs to ask not to be raped in order to be left alone.

Which, I guess, means that liberals think the Sandy Hook massacre was the kids’ fault because they didn’t ask not to be shot.

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I don’t need an actual experience. I avoid them. I live in a city full of drug gangs. I was a boy scout. Be prepared.

You want to come down here and walk the southside?

Point is, I decide what is my adequate defense. It’s not arbitrary, decided by pols or you.

I carry 15+1, with 15 extra every day. If I head south I add an AR with coupled 30 rounders and a sawed off 12 guage. Those federal warning signs scare me.

You don’t decide that in DC. Or wherever you are, for my circumstance.

wolly4321 on April 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Good evening HA’ers!!

So, it’s true then. No hope for SW?

Which thread was Ed talking about him on if anyone can remember?

Wolly

Come on back, sorry got company and couldn’t respond before!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

What did you do with crrr6, this is not right! #imposter

Rovin on April 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Seems the extra ‘r’ is significant! :-)

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

MY common sense and understanding of the world informs me that people like you should have to pay $1,000,000 in order to vote.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

My common sense and understanding of the world informs me that liberals should not be allowed to have a say in government.

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

O_o

Now all you need to do is explain that.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

You strengthen my last post..
At the time the perpetrator broken into the mother’s home..
There was no limit on magazine size..
But he still broke in..
Does a national limit on magazine size deter the perpetrator?

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I tried to find it but couldn’t. Ed meant business though.

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

nonpartisan is a dumbarse.

Say you ignoramus do you suppose one of these school shooters might not be smart enough to carry multiple magazines or guns? You’re something.

CW on April 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yeah he did :-(, even MM banned SW… :-(

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My regular carry piece shoots flying ashtrays out of an 8-round Wilson “clip”. Gaia help the poor bastige who takes one of those in the chest, but at least he will go to hell knowing that I wasn’t carrying an awful 30 rounder.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Your “common sense” would get you killed down here. Sooner or later.

wolly4321 on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thanks Ken :-)

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Even for those with combat experience and training it is a tough under adrenaline fueled conditions to be perfectly accurate. The switch to the Beretta was partially based of increased mag size, as with the 30 round 5.56 mag for the ARs. Why, so you have the extra rounds because your life may depend on it, so the question is, how much is your life worth?

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

O/T, but where did the thing go when you comment where you can blockquote, strike and link, etc. It was always at the top of the box and now it’s gone.

And ads are showing up in the blogs and comments where the word is underlined and if you hover over it, it shows the ad.

I know I’ve been away but did something change?

TxAnn56 on April 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

CW on April 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM

The shooter had time to go out to his vehicle and re-arm..
If necessary..

There was no one to stop him..
As the rest were obeying the law..
“Gun Free Zone”

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I’m just like crr6, only cogent and incisive.

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

schumer, obama, bloomberg and all good leftists must be having a good belly laugh over Pat Toomey forced to buy in on this.

They figure he’s a dead man walking either way. PA will go D on his seat because the conservatives won’t vote for him.

Honestly, i don’t know why Rs don’t figure this out. If they are going to go down anyway…go down on the right side. Or, maybe the deal is…Pat, go with us on this…and we won’t run anyone against you…the seat is yours for a while.

do you think that it could be as simple as that…just quid pro quo…give us this…and we’ll give you the seat

r keller on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed an airbag? Flu shot? Fire insurance?

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Thanks Ken :-)

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

No problem. I like your loyalty. I’m gonna miss him here, but posting is not a right here, it is a privilege.

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I’m just like crr6, only cogent and incisive.

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

LOL, comical.

You don’t need to live beyond the age of 50 – let’s cap that.

You don’t need to spend more than $2.00 for a meal – let’s cap that.

You don’t need anything more than your own feet to get to school/work/etc – let’s cap that.

You don’t need anything larger than a closet to live in – let’s cap that.

You don’t need to use more than 50 words a day – let’s cap that.

You don’t need more than one pair of underwear – let’s cap that.

My, my – look at all the things we just decided *you* don’t need. This deciding what other people need or don’t works great, doesn’t it?

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

CurtZHP on April 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Excellent..Thanks..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

So, none.

can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I could, but what’s the point?

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Birth control should be on that list..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

my common sense and understanding of the world informs me that people should not need more than 10 round clips brain cells.

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I wear contacts because I am blind as a bat. If I can’t find my glasses when that three am burglar breaks in and begs to be riddled with bullets, then, I might need about 15 rounds to do the job. Especially if it is dark.

Now, about the SW boycott, please leave all your addresses so that I can send libfreeandcry to your home. I suggest drop cloths, a litter box, and bleach since I just used his head to clean the toilet.

RovesChins on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM

You are a liar and a bigot.

NonP is well-versed from her extensive reading of anti-gun articles at DummieUnderground that every gun owner not only places every shot exactly where it needs to be, but that even in sudden desperate encounters we are able to suppress fear and anxiety and hold our guns steady as Gibraltar. We are also really good at speed mag-changes.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Seems to me people with the common sense to have 10 round mags got routed by countries that invented 20 round mags.

You can’t turn back tech.

wolly4321 on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Very interesting..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Yeah thats true hon…

He sure is outspoken!! Doesn’t mince words… don’t play nicey nice lol…

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

First time you get in a real gunfight that will change, if it isn’t your last one. You may not want to argue this with me, something tells me when you get held over the volcano, you want like who really appears.

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Seriously, is there any reason why we can’t have an amendment for mandatory 50 state CCW reciprocity? If Democrats want to take us down the road of usurping the 10th Amendment, let’s have our fun with it too.

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Ok, now it’s back. Go figure.

There are three senators we can trust – Lee, Paul and Cruz. That’s it.

I fear for this country. Between this and the Gosnell trial. I weep for this country.

gophergirl on April 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

G2, I would cross Paul off the list since he’s for the legalization of 30 million illegals who will destroy this country and ensure a permanent Dem voting bloc. I would add Jeff Sessions to that list who’s been fighting the good fight since the day he was sworn in. Vitter’s a good one too, even though he had the thing with the woman of ill repute. But yeah, it’s only a handful.

TxAnn56 on April 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Can you provide an actual experience where you’ve needed more than 10?

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

yea. one time a few years ago i was out shootin beer cans. all of a sudden about two dozen budweisers rushed me. thank god i had a 50 round mag and i took ‘em all out.

you are so dumb my 5 yr old grandson wouldn’t even play with you.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on April 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The shooter in Colorado could have used a Joe Biden Approved 12 Gage shot gun and done much more damage..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We are also really good at speed mag-changes.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Didn’t that democrat congress woman say that magazines can only be used once?

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I see no reason why a gunowner would have any issue with a 10round clip

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

This post from last week by our resident dumbass (on shotguns) is a clue to an answer to your question:

from my understanding, a skeet gun would lack killing power as its not built to kill

nonpartisan on April 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Not necessary, there’s a good chance SCOTUS will overturn Illinois’ ban. A federal court did it already.

nobar on April 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Now, about the SW boycott…

RovesChins on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Eh? What’d I miss?

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Nice link..:)

PS..Good evening friend..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Dire Straits:

Good Evening Dire,ya I caught this interview on NNN,
and I loved the Gun-Running Ambush set-up by Ted,on Erin
whats her name,about DOJ Holder!:)

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

See that is what happens when you let poor white trash on these blogs, this is the result, good common sense people get maligned because they try to tell rubes like me whats good for me and I object, what I must think I am free or something!

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:23 PM

nonpartisan on April 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Well, let’s see what the experts have to say…

According to a survey of 15,000 US police officers, rank and file cops overwhelmingly believe that banning such magazines will not reduce violent crime.

Do you think a federal ban on the manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds would reduce violent crime?

No: 14,013

Unsure: 238

What effect do you think the passage of the White House’s currently proposed legislation would have in improving police officer safety?

Significant: 438

Moderate: 1,255

None: 8,878

Negative: 3,597

Unsure: 474

What would help most in preventing large scale shootings in public? Choose the selection you feel would have the most impact:

Improved background screening to determine mental wellness of gun purchasers: 1,966

Longer prison terms for gun-related violent crimes: 1,105

More aggressive institutionalisation for mentally ill persons: 2,749

More legislative restrictions on ‘assault weapons’ and ammo magazines: 128

Tighter limits on weapon sales and transfers: 214

More armed guards/paid security personnel: 2,220

More permissive concealed carry policies for civilians: 4,035

Other: 1,605

What do you believe is the biggest cause of gun violence in the United States?

Pop culture influence (violent movies, video games): 1,941

Parole, early release, and short sentencing for violent offenders: 2,052

Guns are too prevalent and easy to obtain: 611

Poor identification and treatment of mentally ill individuals: 1,416

Decline in parenting and family values: 5,330

Economic factors/income inequality: 223

Unsure: 340

Other: 2,064

It seems the experts disagree with your ‘common sense and understanding of the world.’

Resist We Much on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM/blockquote>

Well it depends on how thick the doors are as Joe the Kid says to only fire through closed doors.

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Yeah, but they’re not experts on what people “need”, are they, hmmmm?

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

nonpartisan on April 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

What she isn’t aware of..
Skeet shooter shoot skeet..
They don’t make the news..

But if the gun is used to kill a human..
It isn’t called a skeet gun..

It’s called a shot gun..
*Biden approves of this message*

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM

and yet…….WHO in the Dead Party will say the truth?….that the 2nd Amendment is to protect citizens from a TYRANNICAL Government????

gop…….DEAD DEAD DEAD!!!

PappyD61 on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Silly me..
I was assuming that the bad guy had a higher IQ then our VP..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM

nobar on April 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Bans only prevent them from outlawing certain guns. Even if overturned like with Heller, you can’t carry in DC unless you’re basically a select gov’t official. Why should I be licensed to carry in VA but I have to constantly check which states will honor my CCW? Should be like a drivers license where I can carry wherever the hell I want to go.

crrr6 on April 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Speaking Of Gun Control:

Why yes,the North Koreans do have a miniture warhead,thanks to Team Clinton and China,and I’m really surprised that no one has connected the dots as yet???!!!!

Exhibit A and B:
____________________

March 6, 1999

China Stole Nuclear Secrets From Los Alamos, U.S. Officials Say
***************************************************************

ASHINGTON — Working with nuclear secrets stolen from a U.S. government laboratory, China has made a leap in the development of nuclear weapons: the miniaturization of its bombs, according to administration officials.

Until recently, China’s nuclear weapons designs were a generation behind those of the United States, largely because Beijing was unable to produce small warheads that could be launched from a single missile at multiple targets and form the backbone of a modern nuclear force.

But by the mid-1990s, China had built and tested such small bombs, a breakthrough that officials say was accelerated by the theft of U.S. nuclear secrets from Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico.

The espionage is believed to have occurred in the mid-1980s, officials said. But it was not detected until 1995, when American experts analyzing Chinese nuclear test results found similarities to

[ America's most advanced miniature warhead, the W-88.]

U.S. Nuclear Weapon Secrets
***************************

Updated February 1, 2006
*************************

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Gosnell thread..10:32 am mark..page 2..Capt. Ed dropped hammer..

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Thanks Ken :-)

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I almost never post but read the articles and comments daily. How is liberals being able to defend killing 3,000 plus children a day any worse than anything SWALKER ever posted? Please explain.

d.l.johnson on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I use Star 8-rounders and rounder profile bullets, still punching that big hole. But I was trained to make them count, not spray and pray. On the other hand, having more rounds available than needed to deal with immediate issues usually isn’t a problem. Not enough probably is…

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Me and Bobby McGee- Joplin

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Oh fer petes sake…

Bloody hell!!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Didn’t that democrat congress woman say that magazines can only be used once?

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Which is why they need to be speedily changed, so you can get a mag in your gun that is fresh and not used up.

Seriously, do I have to explain EVERYTHING to you homophobes?

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Gosnell thread..10:32 am mark..page 2..Capt. Ed dropped hammer..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That’s what my wi..

Oh wait..

Never mind..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Facts do not sway the true believer in the face of a higher truth, in this case, the end product of “common sense” and “understanding”. Very similar to the end product of the equine digestive tract.

novaculus on April 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Me and Bobby McGee- Joplin

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Playin’ right now…

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Again nice link..Can’t get enough of the Nugent..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Silly me..
I was assuming that the bad guy had a higher IQ then our VP..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

rofl..excellent..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Thanks Ken :-)

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:15 PM

d.l.johnson on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Well, I think it was mistaken as hanging politicians, because I got that SW was just calling them the wh0res that they are, but, yeah. I’ve seen worse when libfreeorcry farts.

RovesChins on April 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Good evening, Electrongod. :) I hope you and yours are well.

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Thank you for locating the comment by Ed!!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Dire Straits on April 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Good evening, Dire. Seas have been a bit choppy and the skies have been grey. Hoping for fair weather soon.

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

And,one more on China/NK Miniturized WarHead
that was obsconeded from Team US of A!!

‘Holy shit!’ was the initial – but unofficial – reaction of US Energy Secretary Bill Richardson

when he saw the contents of Wen Ho Lee’s computer drive last March
——————————————————————–

China crisis

How did China get its hands on the neutron bomb?

Who was the mysterious Mata Hari figure with the $92 million account? And why did the Los Alamos boffin have America’s most explosive nuclear secrets on his personal computer? Ed Vulliamy reports on the biggest spy scare since Kim Philby and the FBI search for the enemy within

guardian.co.uk, Sunday 22 August 1999
**************************************
Alot More….)
==============

canopfor on April 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

d.l.johnson on April 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Well, um..Hmm. you have a good point there…

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Good evening, Spritely One. :)

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

nonpartisan on April 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I wouldn’t have thought someone could top that moron Boxer’s quote on clip mags till I saw this..

the gun control people are this flippin stupid about guns? Times have changed.. Hell my dad was teaching me how to shoot his Mauser semi-automatic at ten..

mark81150 on April 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

…T R O L L C O T…
…B O Y C O T T…

KOOLAID2 on April 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Self imposed delete of comment…….

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Time of the Season – Zombies

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Not sure why SWalker is a topic of conversation here, but he was banned for a comment that fortunately didn’t make it out of the mod queue, so none of you saw it, which advocated the lynching of public officials. He was warned more than once about his comments, and I had at first just placed his account in the full mod-queue status, but he chose not to abide by the ToS.

We will not tolerate calls for violence against public officials. Period. End of story. There is no “right to comment,” and people who can’t abide by the ToS won’t be allowed to comment for very long. It’s really that simple.

Ed Morrissey on April 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

This is all I know. Thanks Dire.

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Good evening Dear Lady!! Hope all is well?

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Resist We Must
I think the bigger gem here is that more officers believe the Presidents plan will have a negative impact on improving police officer safety than those who believe it will help.

Significant: 438

Moderate: 1,255

None: 8,878

Negative: 3,597

Unsure: 474

NWFLConservative on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM

It is, Scrumpy, thanks for asking. As with most of us, I’ll miss Walker, and I hope he’s well.

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Blitze: “Our polls…”
Pratt: “Your polls are hokum…”

Jaibones on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Didn’t that democrat congress woman say that magazines can only be used once?

VorDaj on April 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Overheard: “I’d comment on this but I’m out of laundry soap and I’ve got to go buy an new washing machine”.

Rovin on April 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Glad you are here Jackie!

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Good evening, Electrongod. :) I hope you and yours are well.

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I am..
We are..
And you?

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Pancham Se Gara – Anoushka Shankar

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM

NoP is a she, who knew? Find out something new everyday, she’ll never be a guuuuuuurrrrrrrlllll though;)

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Oh I shall too, he was a lively one round here for sure!!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Thanks RovesChins,

Interesting what is allowed on this site. Advocate for the murder of children you are golden but an off-hand comment about politicians the ban hammer comes down.

d.l.johnson on April 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I am as well, Electrongod, thanks for asking. :)

thatsafactjack on April 11, 2013 at 11:50 PM