Gosnell abortion-clinic worker: I assisted with abortions while in high school

posted at 9:21 pm on April 11, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

This story just keeps getting more and more revolting.

Like a lot of high school sophomores, 15-year-old Ashley Baldwin found a job.

Baldwin, however, wasn’t working retail or fast-food. She was doing ultrasounds, administering intravenous medicine and, ultimately, assisting in abortions performed by West Philadelphia doctor Kermit Gosnell.

Baldwin, now 22, and the mother of a two-year-old, today told a Philadelphia jury hearing Gosnell’s murder trial of her unusual hands-on medical apprenticeship.

She also told of seeing at least five aborted babies moving, breathing and, in one case, “screeching,” after procedures at Gosnells’ Women’s Medical Society clinic at 3801 Lancaster Ave.

“They looked just like regular babies,” Baldwin said to Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore.

Baldwin said one baby she saw was so big that Gosnell joked that “this baby is going to walk me home.”

Even more unsettling, Baldwin first got the job through her mother, who’d already been working at Gosnell’s House of Horrors for five years. I have no words.

And yet, media mentions of the ongoing trial have been conspicuously few and far between. Could it be that the otherwise highly sensational story sheds just a little too much inconveniently negative light on a preferred narrative of theirs? Krauthammer calls it out:

The media is largely and determinedly looking away, but the House of Representatives did take the floor time to recognize what’s been happening on Thursday afternoon. Kathryn Jean Lopez has some highlights at NRO, and you can watch more video here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well, the “doctors” for Obamacare have got to come from somewhere.

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM

When he gets to prison, he’s going to have his neck snipped and a lot more things I can’t put in writing~

The Jodi Arias trial is on like day 46 or 48 already and nothing mentioned about this.

The media is a disgrace.

CoffeeLover on April 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Ashley, if you STFU, you’re a shu-in for 2020.

WryTrvllr on April 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Extra Credits for making it rain blood..

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Kudos to the House for speaking out..no kudos to the MSM for ignoring this horrific story..Heck i’ve put a couple articles about this on my FB and people on there ignore it too..I don’t know how God doesn’t destroy this world right now because we have that much evil in it

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Progressive War on America…….Battlefield: Philly!

Same evil, same practices defended by President Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

This innocent blood cries out for justice from every murdering station (clinic) in America!

Wicked!!!

PappyD61 on April 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Baldwin, now 22, and the mother of a two-year-old,

If I was her kid..

I be thinking of running away…

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

So her mother gave her permission to work there. No wonder the Left doesn’t like this case. They’re not fond of parental consent.

Bitter Clinger on April 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I would seriously be thinking of running away..
Or am I safe at 2 years old?

Electrongod on April 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Why? What better test of a man’s (woman’s) soul?

WryTrvllr on April 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I am not really surprised. They ignore the killing in abortion . These are just more dead babies to them.

CW on April 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Perhaps He’s letting us destroy ourselves. It would explain the madness with which our country seems hell-bent on it’s own destruction.

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I assisted with abortions while in high school

Child abuse in two different ways.

Hey, if you kill kids for a living, your conscience is not gonna bother you over violating a bunch of ethics & breaking a bunch of laws.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Bitter Clinger on April 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM

C’mon Y’all know that was at LEAST +2

WryTrvllr on April 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Feral, immoral, disgusting, rancid pigs… Wallowing in their own slop.

Judgement Day is nigh. May ye rot.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

They’ve largely ignored mine, too.

Your closing thought is the mystery of the ages.
God, at once so unimaginably holy, yet so amazingly gracious & patient with this wicked race.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Millions of murdered babies are on the lefts hands…

I hope they rot in Hell forever and a day.

If I was God, I would give them all the cognitive awareness that an adult has and abort them over and over again in Hell… a very apt punishment I think…

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM

WTF, over!

Can you imagine if the Donk’s were the pro-lifers and the Rethug’s were the pro-deathers, 24/7 non-stop wall to wall coverage on every tv channel and ever newspapers front page not to mention the entire world wide web would meltdown because of this.

But that is not the case and this disgusting story of murder, mutilation, and every other horror I don’t want to think about is on full lockdown media blackout for reason only God really knows.

I say again, WTF over!

D-fusit on April 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM

CW on April 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Very true..they also don’t want to interrupt the ‘rare and safe’ narrative they have with abortion…..Also it’s back babies who are getting killed for the most part..Real racism is to target poor black mothers by ‘clinic’s’ in poor neighborhoods by setting up shop there..How many millions of black babies have been killed because planned parenthood or other abortion clinics set up shop in poor neighborhoods? Nah the media doesn’t care about that..those babies again don’t fit their narative

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:45 PM

The country that used to be America, with all of its dazzling possibilities, is slowly sliding into the pit. The stealthy slow progress of liberal barbarism is becoming more visible every day, and nobody cares.
Every time it’s ever been tried it’s always lead to the same final destination; The Gosnell Clinic and Bergen-Belson. This is our future, but with any luck most of us will be dead by the time it’s fully realized.

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I can only pray that the media realise what they have done to promote this atrocity and then to shut up about one of the most heinous cases in the public view…

Media are cowards… snivelling snots all of them…

*spit*

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant today. We’re certainly not out of the woods, but we have my 2 daughters here with us every day. The sheer AUDACITY of leftists to argue for INFANTICIDE while walking among my family and I in this community makes me physically and emotionally ill.

The day is coming, and it’s coming soon, when lines will most CERTAINLY be drawn. Morality was long since checked at the door, and I for one am ready to slam it in their evil faces.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM

They’ve largely ignored mine, too.

Your closing thought is the mystery of the ages.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Amen, agree there..His patience won’t last forever though..the 55,000,000 plus babies killed so far will have devastating consequences in the future

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I have no words.

It is unconscionable…

Fallon on April 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM

And they laugh when we talk of the slipper slope.

CW on April 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Only an insane individual would try to call this a “medical” procedure. This is MURDER of convience.

Would that we could legally abort our political mistakes.

Ufdaubet on April 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Social cons have had some witless spokesmen, but those who want to remove social conservatives from Republican party voting base miss how important this issue is. With the exception of this morning (someone was saying Gosnell should not be a big story over and over again), threads on the horrors of abortion are among the most unified threads on Hot Air.

Not all abortion clinics do the botched late-term abortions so let’s do infanticide to finish the job thing, but the horrible conditions and horrible “docs” are very common. Would-be physicians do not interview and do all the work to be accepted into medical school and say, “I want to be an abortionist some day.” Abortion is and always be back alley. The media knows this is the reality of abortion and it must not see the sunlight. I believe we will shine the light of truth and the media will eventually be defeated in this.

mwbri on April 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

“Hey honey, how would you like to come down to mommy’s work and help yank infants out of women’s bodies and chop their spinal columns?”

O_o

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

“There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always — do not forget this, Winston — always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever. ”

― George Orwell, 1984

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Meet you on the field. These savages have no idea what they are creating out here.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Never one to mince words! +1000!!

Comment of the night! ^ 5

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

O_o

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Ok mom! Can I get a new iPhone?

WryTrvllr on April 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Our hordes will win the day! For the good, for the children, for real!

And for God!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Never one to mince words! +1000!!

Comment of the night! ^ 5

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Yep.

I imagine “Take Your Daughter To Work Day” doesn’t have that big a draw there.

At least I hope not.

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Some of us have kids to think about.

When the savages come for us, and they will probably sooner than we think, I’ll answer them in my own way.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Amen Bishop. From what I’ve read on HA, you’re a just a Sunday drive away from me in SE Wisconsin. I’ll bring my gear.

Chicago native however, so F the Packers.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

If I were to vomit any more after reading detail after detail coming out about this story, I wouldn’t have any intestines left. This is just bone-chillingly evil. I can’t fathom any other way to describe it.

Stoic Patriot on April 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Our hordes will win the day! For the good, for the children, for real!

And for God!

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I’m always up for a good scrape… Always.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Some of us have kids to think about.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Powder is dry. A trite and fashionable comment these days, but apropos.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Philadelphia….
Home of Independence Hall, and Late Term Abortions.

A tale of two cities.

james23 on April 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

This story gets more revolting every day.

gophergirl on April 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Gosnell will be free,a diarist on HuffPo or Kos, have his own CNN show all within a year and be the keynote speaker at the 2016 Dem convention.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

He kept their feet?

Oh dear Lord!

gophergirl on April 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Or a professor at and Ivy League School.

KCB on April 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I think I’ve just lost whatever appetite I had……for the next two weeks.

And I just ate some wonderful venison steak…which I think I’m gonna upchuck now damn it.

SgtSVJones on April 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

They’ve largely ignored mine, too.

Your closing thought is the mystery of the ages.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I had one liberal woman make fun of someone’s grammar during their testimony.

Although I have had some comments supportive of the point I was trying to make.

cptacek on April 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Some of us have kids to think about.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Indeed…and grandchildren as well! And what a ghastly hell hole they’ll inherit from our generation.
One can only hope that perhaps the arrogant barbarians will follow true to form and overreach in some horrific way. Maybe then the sanctimonious frauds over at the NY Times will be forced to take notice and begin to act like the journalists they pretend to be.
Those are the most disgusting actors in this little horror show; the Pennsylvania Health Department bureaucrats and the journalists who turned a blind eye for years as the butchery went on and on. There is a special corner in Hell reserved for the silent witnesses and the passive accessories.

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM

‘I will die peacefully or valiantly, but I will die free all the same!”

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I’m no gambling man, but I’ll put my estate (loose terms) on this bet.

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Maybe for some, but I think it’s worse than that. I think their knee-jerk reaction is to want to defend Gosnell and his activities–just as they openly, lovingly supported Tiller (whose actions were really not that much different, when you think about it) and just as they refuse to reject those among them who actually are making arguments in favor of infanticide or who oppose Born Alive Protection acts (*cough* Obama *cough*–condemning Gosnell essentially condemns Obama). But they can’t think of an effective enough spin to make the mutilated bodies of infants or the reports of their heartbreaking cries as their little lives were cruelly snuffed out okay with the majority of Americans. The optics in this case are just too overwhelming for them to overcome with another round of “War on Women” sloganeering.

Maybe this is a harsh assessment, but I’ve heard too many disgusting defenses of partial-birth abortion by too many liberals to think they would really lose any sleep over something so similar. And when the defense of abortion basically boils down to “it’s better for an unwanted child to die than to become a burden on the mother and/or society,” any sort of absolute Moral Line That Shall Not Be Crossed never truly existed in the first place.

butterflies and puppies on April 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM

‘I will die peacefully or valiantly, but I will die free all the same!”

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

“Now that he had recognized himself as a dead man it became important to stay alive as long as possible.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Yeah, all those people that worked there were from northern Delaware, that attitude permeates north of Sussex County, however there is where the spark will come from, those fools will overreach into Sussex County, and then they will have started something they can’t stop. Trust me the Delmarva Peninsula will become an island only reachable by plane or boat if they ain’t careful. Once that happens, the rest of the liberals will realize they weren’t as smart as they thought, nor as brave.

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

‘I will die peacefully or valiantly, but I will die free all the same!”

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

After you’ve been around this world for enough years and decades, it all comes down to this; “Do you want to die FOR something or do you want to die OF something, for you will most surely die.”

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Polish Rifle on April 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Strange how men grow brave with reflection ain’t it;)

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

True words all!

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

trange how men grow brave with reflection ain’t it;)

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Never underestimate the possibilities of someone with nothing more to lose.

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Doubt it. The LSM has to know that, for good or ill, they are chained to the Left forever now. It’s far too late to pull back and play innocent. They passed their point of no return long ago.

squint on April 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Oh, it has begun already.

The economic crisis,

the election of The Worst President Ever,

the astonishing re-election (!) of The Worst President Ever, &

the homosexual revolution happening in our media, courts, & military are all the beginnings of our downfall.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Trust me, liberals will never come to any such conclusion. To abandon their “Smartest Guy in the Room” self image would be to abandon liberalism itself. It is the foundational hubris of the enlightened progressive that they can reason their way around any limitation that human nature puts between them and their desires. Like the mythological Daedalus, they are heedless of the warnings and always fly too close to the sun. It’s what they do!

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Never underestimate the possibilities of someone with nothing more to lose.

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Eventually all that can be taken will have been taken, then the rules change.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Midas on April 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

God’s MO is to make the issues and consequences clear, and allow the evil-doers sufficient time to repent if they choose to do so; if they persist in their actions, they close the door of mercy against themselves.

AesopFan on April 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Icarus.

(sorry, was a serious mythology nerd as a kid)

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I won’t dispute that, they are quite hubris, but in this case the sun is a group of individuals in Southern Delmarva that I have tried my whole life to stay away from, which is why I can’t retire there, for one, let me just say they ain’t very hospitable to outsiders messing with them.

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

‘I will die peacefully or valiantly, but I will die free all the same!”

MarshFox on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Worth repeating.

AesopFan on April 11, 2013 at 11:02 PM

This is a horrific story. We live in a culture of death. The mainstream media will not report this tragedy. The media is similar to the media in Hitler’s Germany. I am truly scared for what is left of this once great country.

alanstern on April 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Sides are surely being drawn. Good versus evil, it’s 1858 again, and I am on the side of the the angles and the righteous. Damn all those who find this pratice, the slaughter of innocents, acceptable. And damn the fourth estate for their cowardace.

Thomas More on April 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Icarus.

(sorry, was a serious mythology nerd as a kid)

malclave on April 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Ach! Of course it was Icarus! Now you see why I could never be a liberal…I can’t even fake being the “Smartest Guy in the Room”! I hate it when that happens.

Lew on April 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Glad this horror story and the appalling lack of media coverage was entered into the congressional record.

workingclass artist on April 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM

This story is only a big deal to those people who want to use it condemn abortion. The media ignores this case, and appropriately so, because it doesn’t have any sympathetic victims beyond one woman.

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Dead inside, like the rest your ilk.

squint on April 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Agreed. So what if this savage killed a few hundred babies who were born alive, that sort of thing happens every day and SHOULD be ignored.

Now, who’s up for a hard-hitting “60 Minutes” segment about which toilet paper Beyonce uses and whether or not she farts in bed.

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Good evening devil.

3,288 babies a day killed in the USA. No comment.

Meanwhile the nation is turned upside down because twenty children were killed last December.

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Pathetic soulless cow that the gods of kindness will not look kindly on. Good god hold a baby and feed and love it. You might actually save a future liberal …

Tilly on April 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Forcing a girl who changes her mind to undergo an abortion is not a big deal?

You have just conclusively disproven the argument that pro-abortion people are pro “choice”.

malclave on April 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

He’s not charged with just one murder. And the places which are ignoring the other victims are the ones who cry foul over the Chinese and Indian practices of infant exposure for female babies.

We have no true moral superiority any more. Snip snip jab jab — and pay no attention to the screams or the flailing arms.

unclesmrgol on April 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

It’s difficult to imagine through our human senses the scope and vastness of God’s love and understanding; or, his judgement that is a product of both.

But He tells us He does exceptionally punish those who do harm to innocents. Where His love provides ongoing life to the world, despite the wretchedness of the evil that continues here, is truly a character of God as our Creator: so beyond us, so able to sustain love despite the worst.

I am disgusted by the media, that they are ignoring the Gosnell evil — for reasons most the rest of us can easily identify, which only makes them, the media, joint authors in Gosnell’s evil and vice-versa.

But I don’t doubt what God tells us His judgement is for those among such doers of such evil.

Lourdes on April 12, 2013 at 4:38 AM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

:: the banality of evil.

Lourdes on April 12, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Repeating that again:

Lourdes on April 12, 2013 at 4:51 AM

My take.

kingsjester on April 12, 2013 at 6:29 AM

Media are cowards wicked… snivelling snots lying rat bastards, all of them…

*spit*

Scrumpy on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Cleombrotus on April 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Here you see why I seldom, if ever, even attempt to evangelize Liberals any longer.

Cleombrotus on April 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Um… Don’t you like have to have certification or formalized training to legally do that stuff? I mean if every 15-year-old could administer ultrasounds and insert intravenous tubes then McDonalds would drop that college requirement before being able to drop potatoes in hot oil. Where the hell was the Department of Health?

Well, he put a stop to that, didn’t he?

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Albeit it was the typical low information Associated Press fare, they did cough up article number one on this trial, yesterday.

MNHawk on April 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM

sadsushi on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Ditto. Totally ignored on FB

vityas on April 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM

They’ve largely ignored mine, too.

Your closing thought is the mystery of the ages.

itsnotaboutme on April 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM

They’ve ignored mine as well… and I even limited it to conservative friends.

dominigan on April 12, 2013 at 9:03 AM

The msm doesn’t report this because it would open too many eyes to the reality of abortion. They have worked too hard to establish reproductive rights for women to help destroy their myth. Just like agw is a hoax, women’s rights to kill their unborn is another hoax, and they know it. When reality hits the left between the eyes, they don’t like what is revealed and the fewer who are informed the easier it is to perpetuate the myths.

Kissmygrits on April 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM

They’ve ignored mine as well…and, I’ve written a heckuva blog about it today…to be immodest.;)

kingsjester on April 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Kudos to the pro-life Congressmen for speaking out about this.

Forty years after the Supreme Court found some “penumbrae” (edges of shadows) in the 14th Amendment allowing women the “privacy” to have their babies killed, the Left, the self-proclaimed champions of the poor and downtrodden, defend such butchery worse than Hitler while vilifying those who try to protect the babies and their mothers, while Georgetown student Sandy (likes to) Fluke becomes a political rock star demanding that taxpayers buy her birth control.

But there might be a bright side to this horrific tragedy. Just as the Left used the tragic shooting in Newtown CT to push their gun-control agenda, this butchery by Gosnell and his aides could bring the horrific reality of abortion to the forefront, and out of the “shadows” where abortion has killed more human beings than gun crime and both World Wars combined.

Steve Z on April 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

No sympathetic victims? Is your soul really so shriveled by sin that you don’t feel sympathy for a tiny baby ‘shrieking’ in intentionally inflicted pain? God help you; you are truly a ghoul and seem to take great pride in it, since you would dare to come here and make that vile statement. I pity you.

I know it is never my place to judge the soul of another human being. That is Jesus’ responsibility, but sometimes, I see someone so immersed in evil that I feel certain they will be in Hell one day, if they don’t repent. It’s always a chilling feeling, that someone would place themselves in such danger of eternal damnation, whether they believe in it or not. It reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ The Last Battle, when Shift realizes with horror, and too late, that Tash is actually real. I see this comment, and I get that feeling. May God have mercy on your soul and give you a shred of His Grace to see how truly evil the beliefs behind this comment are.

I really feel sorry for you.

pannw on April 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

all my life I have forcefully tried to vilify those who murder abortion doctors.
I felt murdering one was not only wrong but it also hurt the prolife movement.
this case has hit me in my soul.
I now an not sure how I feel about that.
sad :(

dmacleo on April 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would seriously be thinking of running away..
Or am I safe at 2 years old?

Nope. When Obamacare reigns supreme, no one will be safe.

FIFMS

hawkeye54 on April 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I felt murdering one was not only wrong but it also hurt the prolife movement.
this case has hit me in my soul.
I now an not sure how I feel about that.

Still the wrong way to go about dealing with them.

hawkeye54 on April 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM

thuja on April 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

The media sensationalizes plenty of stories simply because it gets people to tune in.

Was the OJ Simpson trial relevant to people outside of the families of the 2 victims? I suppose you can argue that since he was a public figure it was.

But what about the Casey Anthony trial? Without the media sensationalizing it, it was nothing more than 1 of many cases of child abuse and neglect that happen every year in this country.

People would tune in for this one, but, they don’t want to use it because it might hurt a cause they believe in. That in and of itself is worth noting the next time they claim to be unbiased bringers of the news.

Beyond that, whether you support legalize abortion or not, this case raises legitimate concerns. Is the industry well regulated? If so, how did Gosnell go 16 years without getting audited? Did he just slip through the cracks or are other abortion clinics as dangerously unregulated?

Take the dead children out of the picture and make it just a story about dirty, unregulated clinic. If a Lasik facility had children doing work that certified technicians and doctors are supposed to be doing under appalling circumstances with different levels of service depending on the race of the patient, would that make the news? If it appeared that a lack of regulation by the licensing department in the state allowed it to continue for years and years, would that be news? If there were evidence that other Lasik clinics were also dirty and lacked rigorous safety policies indicating that the problems in the industry might be wide spread, would it be important enough to put on the nightly news?

Will opponents of abortion use the story to expose some of the horrors of abortion? Absolutely!

That doesn’t mean it’s not news and it’s shameful that no one is covering it.

By the way, if abortion supporters loved women more than they loved abortion, they would want this story out there if it meant that abortion facilities would be better licensed and regulated and more likely to have skilled employees and clean facilities. I suppose it’s alright to sacrifice a few individuals in pursuit of the greater good of legalized abortion, right?

JadeNYU on April 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

As Shakespeare once said in The Tempest, ‘Hell is empty and the devils are all here.”

StarLady on April 12, 2013 at 3:48 PM

The butcher of PA

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

The butcher of PA

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2013 at 4:41 PM

It is just so heartbreaking. I haven’t been following the story. I just can’t take it.

tom daschle concerned on April 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM