Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on April 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

Statement from the President on Senate Background Checks Agreement

I applaud Senators Joe Manchin and Pat Toomey for their leadership on forging a bipartisan agreement around commonsense background checks that will make it harder for dangerous people to get their hands on a gun.

This is not my bill, and there are aspects of the agreement that I might prefer to be stronger. But the agreement does represent welcome and significant bipartisan progress. It recognizes that there are good people on both sides of this issue, and we don’t have to agree on everything to know that we’ve got to do something to stem the tide of gun violence.

***

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) released the following statement today regarding a proposal by Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) to expand background checks for gun purchases:

“The Manchin-Toomey proposal is a good faith but unworkable plan. The proposal will impose new taxes and unreasonable burdens on law-abiding citizens. The agreement also prioritizes collecting records over protecting citizens. As gun control special interest groups admit, the proposal expands the government’s powers to record sales of firearms at the expense of expanding the scope of background checks. This is the wrong approach. Preventing sales to dangerous persons, not collecting receipts, will save lives.

“The proposal also unwisely expands the government’s power to regulate and control the sales of firearms. A government takeover of gun shows will open more loopholes than it closes. Instead of paying a gun show tax, gun owners will simply handle those transactions elsewhere. The Manchin-Toomey proposal, unfortunately, trades a workable way to improve access the NICS database for a system that is not workable and will be extremely difficult to pass Congress and become law.”

***

Underpinning most of the arguments is a similar idea, usually from conservatives: that universal background checks aren’t worth an expansion of government power.

Few prosecutions of denied gun buyers. Created under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and implemented in 1998, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System allows licensed gun sellers to check with the FBI, as required by law, before making a sale. While background checks have prevented tens of thousands of unlawful gun sales each year, opponents have said that the government doesn’t prosecute enough attempted buyers who are turned away. “The law right now is a failure the way it’s working,” National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre has said. According to Justice Department statistics supplied by the office of Sen. John Cornyn, out of more than 76,000 denials in 2010, 62 were referred for prosecution, and 13 resulted in guilty pleas or verdicts. Cornyn and LaPierre argued this point at a February hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee on guns…

They’re an invasion of privacy. As opponents of gun control warn about privacy issues, background checks are tangled up with another proposal, that records of gun sales must be kept. In a March 22 letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, six GOP senators, led by Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah, warned that they would oppose any measures that involved “government surveillance.” While it’s not entirely clear what policy those senators had in mind, the American Civil Liberties Union has raised concerns about both records and background checks. “You just worry that you’re going to see searches of the databases and an expansion for purposes that were not intended when the information was collected,” Chris Calabrese, an ACLU privacy lobbyist, told The Daily Caller last week. Meanwhile, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has made it clear that a “national gun registry” is illegal and won’t be part of any Democratic gun bill.

They might be too broad. Another concern raised by the ACLU’s Calabrese was that, if a “transfer” of guns is defined too broadly, people with good intentions could unwittingly become criminals. “You worry about, in essence, a criminal justice trap where a lawful gun owner who wants to obey the law inadvertently runs afoul of the criminal law. … They don’t intend to transfer a gun or they don’t think that’s what they’re doing, but under the law they can be defined as making a transfer,” Calabrese told The Daily Caller. The Heritage Foundation has said it is wary of any bill that would ban loaning guns to friends at gun ranges or on hunting trips.

***

“There’s nothing in this legislation that addresses the fact pattern at Sandy Hook,” a senior Senate aide told me on the phone.

The aide explains that the bill expands on the background-check system already in place, but that the system doesn’t work properly.

“They are expanding on a broken system that we know will fail,” says the aide…

So how does one explain the legislation? “It’s clearly—Congress wanted to do something after what happened at Sandy Hook,” the aide explains. “They wanted to do something.”

***

The Manchin-Toomey bill would require background checks for people who buy firearms from private sellers (i.e., sellers who are not federally licensed dealers) at gun shows or anywhere else if the transaction is initiated online. Since Manchin describes that requirement as a response to the Sandy Hook massacre, you might reasonably surmise that Lanza bought the rifle he used in the attack from a private seller at a gun show or after seeing it advertised online. But you would be wrong, since the rifle belonged to Lanza’s mother, who purchased it legally from a federally licensed gun dealer after passing a background check. And if Lanza had tried to buy a gun on his own, it looks like he also would have passed a background check, since it seems he did not have a disqualifying criminal or psychiatric record, which is typically the case for mass shooters.

Hence it is hard to see a logical connection between the Newtown murders and the proposal offered by Manchin and Toomey. But that does not matter, because it makes them feel as if they are doing something to prevent such crimes. And isn’t that what laws are for, to make legislators feel better?

***

Universal background checks are a perfectly good idea, except that they won’t stop the burglar who recently cleaned out our house of all our legally purchased rifles and shotguns, including an antique that had belonged to my great-grandfather, who, as sheriff of Barnwell County, S.C., confiscated the gun from the triple murderer he tracked for three days and finally killed. (I want that gun back, please.)…

In a country with an estimated 250 million to 300 million guns, imposing new laws on honest people is problematic and bureaucratically complicated. Add to the conundrum our politics of individual freedom combined with the exploitation of emotion to craft what is likely an impotent solution, and it is little wonder our congressional leadership is bamboozled.

The fact is that crazy people who would commit a Newtown-type massacre constitute an infinitesimal percentage of the population. Criminals will always have guns, as the murderer on death row told me when I first wrote about this issue 30 years ago. And forcing law-abiding gun owners to submit to new regulations will not prevent another Newtown or Aurora or Columbine.

This is not to say we should do nothing. But, lest we delude ourselves, whatever we do we will do because it makes us feel better.

***

Via CNS.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Gosh, I meant by the HA mill, not from the standpoint of what you are allowed to say.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I’m in a ‘protesting’ state of mind. *L*

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

We need to bleed a tree or something.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM

From the looks of it Walker self-banned after being put in moderation.

Still, it IS kind of stupid that you can never type out the real spelling of certain space-opera characters without incurring the Wrath of the Eye.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I still haven’t figured out the filter and probably never will.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I hear you..I have run into the “filter” problem myself..With my spelling it must be bilingual.:)

Dire Straits on April 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Happy Birthday, Bazil9!!!

Resist We Much on April 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM

…I wanna spank!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Imagine Weiner, leaning onto a street lamp, the harlot…Sophie, I can see you grinning.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Goodnight B9! Be well!! God Bless :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Guns don’t kill people…

…Psychiatric drugs do.

Prescribed psychiatric drugs, which are well documented to induce mania, psychosis, violence, suicide and murder, including mass murder for no apparent reason by otherwise non-psychotic people.

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM

*clinky!*

Seven Percent Solution on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

PS-thx guys!
My birthday is coming..
sorry.
Now I can get a second round…lol

Night! xo

bazil9 on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

maybe I will finally get a ring outta ya. ;)

bazil9 on April 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Yep. It could happen. I have a cushy desk job now and if I work overtime I can earn enough lettuce to afford a ring with many carrots and some celery too.

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I’m sleeping with Bishop. You wait your turn!

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Wait, what? He’s cheating on me?

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM

The Bishop is mine!

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Many times I said 7 rounds, 1 blank. That’s just as bad. (or right)

Sometimes I think were like a bunch of kindergardners fighting the nazis(oops, canI say that?)

Folks better get real. Progressives play for keeps. If you can’t even argue on thier level, if our own side plays pc police, we will lose. And those lamp post and brick walls won’t be talk on a website.

They will be reality.

wolly4321 on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

SSDD. I tried to comment earlier today and got the comment-disappear-into-the-netherworld treatment from the filter. It might have been the word “crocodile” though I’m not sure. I still haven’t figured out the filter and probably never will.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Well I know you can’t say the female netherpart, and I think that $lave or ma$ter is considered bad as well. Anytime I tried to type either one of those; my posts disappear..

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Someones having a birthday..

*clink*

Electrongod on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Spanky spanky time eh lol…

Bend ove my knee O-0 (in honor of SW) ;-D

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Tomorrow night – none of you comment on QotD.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

wolly4321 on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Them’s the words right there wolly!! ^ 5

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

You can read his take here.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I’m not too keen on his anger post at Ed.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

And now all the talk about the recent banishment has the HotGas Command on double secret monitoring duty.

Ixnay on the utrageOay, the yeEay is atchingWay.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I can picture Weiner and a streetlamp together, him just (cough) hanging (cough) out…

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

DEAL!!

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

The Bishop is mine!

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Alright, you can have him.. He is a premature poster anyways.

Always wants to be first. :)

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Ahem… DEAL!!

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Hi Jackie,

Just in case we all get banned, this is my favorite gypsy piece of all times.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Let’s make a trade: We give up libfree, sesqui, and partisan in exchange to get SWalker back.

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM

…W T F ?…
A T T I C A!…A T T I C A!…A T T I C A!… A T T I C A!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

my posts disappear..

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

product brands set it off, too.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Orinoco Crocodile.

Well it worked this time but earlier today it didn’t.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

…AND YOU’RE ALIVE! (:->)

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Done.

wolfsDad on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Tomorrow night – none of you comment on QotD.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Deal!
Somebody remind me.
If somebody posts on QOTD, we call you a liberal and send libfreeandpee to your house.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Tomorrow night – none of you comment on QotD.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

We will try..:)

Electrongod on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
| Delete | Delete and Ban

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM

SW can be outspoken, but to ban him? Come on, he says what many of us won’t or can’t say…

SW is principled and fights the good fight…

Bring Back SWalker!!

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

What’s with the stike…
Too close the the quote.

Electrongod on April 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM

…W T F ?…
A T T I C A!…A T T I C A!…A T T I C A!… A T T I C A!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Sacrifices have to be made.

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Bishop didn’t notice ;;-D

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Alright night all–No commenting on tomorrow’s Qotd.. Got it!

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

The Bishop is mine!

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Alright, you can have him.. He is a premature poster anyways.

Always wants to be first. :)

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Oh yeah. Alright, I’m done.
He’s all yours!

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

We will try..:)

Electrongod on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Bring Back SWalker!!

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Maybe Ed was having a bad morning. I didn’t think SW’s comment was too out of line. The anger retaliation won’t win Ed over, methinks.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

And bluegill… hehehehe… :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Screw this place.

Bmore on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

God night Melle! I shall come and sit and gloat lol… and watch NOTHING!!!

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

The anger retaliation won’t win Ed over, methinks.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

We don’t have to win over Ed. It’s not Ed’s blog. Business is business.

Capitalism is still great!!!

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I was first tonight lol ;-D

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Good for you!

UNINSTALLING SCRUMPY FROM THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE………… █████████████▒ 99% Complete

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Tomorrow night it will be funny to watch bluegill and libfree have a ball.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Busywork…

elgeneralisimo on April 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM

SWalker has been banned. He wanted me to let all of you know. You can read his take here.

Resist We Much on April 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Way to win friends and influence enemies, Mr. Walker… Your post on your site would have been more factual had you also posted — or reconstructed — the comment that got you put into moderation, and the full text of the communication that got you banned.

As for attacking Ed’s Catholicism with ad homines — that’s taking the low road. You can do better than L.I.B.

That said, our exchanges have been overall courteous and I hope, when cooler heads prevail, that you will return again.

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Alright night all–No commenting on tomorrow’s Qotd.. Got it!

melle1228 on April 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

That will be very tough to do. Maybe we could go over to scrumpy-doodles place and hang out.

She has to give us permission of course.

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo………

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM

God Bless you, SWalker – nuclear friend! You’ll be back! Your voice is like the rug in “The Big Lebowski” that “tied the whole room together”……….

THIS Rug…..CONTENT WARNING!!

williamg on April 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Tomorrow night it will be funny to watch bluegill and libfree have a BREAD ball.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM

That would make BMore very happy.

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

WOLVERINES!

……………………..SWalkers!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Screw this place.

Bmore on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Where are you going//

Electrongod on April 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I will go ahead and predict that the immigration posts are going to get a lot of folks gone if some do not dial it back a couple of notches..:)

Dire Straits on April 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I once got the Ban Drone flying over my head, had to do with Winchester and shovels. I bronzed the email that the Eye sent me and have it hanging over the fireplace.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Me no got a place not til after the weekend :-(

We hang out at SW’s all night long!! And chit chat!!

And then he’ll have to ban us all for chit chatting!! ;-P

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I have personally witnessed you slay three trolls.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Schumers wet dream vote tomorrow. Guns.

They already have all our names. Those forms are still in the gunshops.

If they pass some bullshit, I’m digging holes and burying the good stuff.

If I actually posted what I would like to do to chuck schumer……

wolly4321 on April 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

God Bless you, SWalker – my nuclear friend! You’ll be back!

THIS Rug!…..CONTENT WARNING!!

williamg on April 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Going for a quick smoke peeps :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

PS-thx guys!
My birthday is coming..
sorry.
Now I can get a second round…lol

Night! xo

bazil9 on April 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

OK, I’m confused. Everybody’s wishing you HB, but you said you’re a bull. Enlighten me. If it’s today, then I’m right behind you (mine’s tomorrow). If it’s in May then you share the same sign as my older sis. :D

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

As part of a rare foray into a policy debate, Mrs. Obama highlighted the case of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, shot in the back Jan. 29 while hanging out with friends at a park, about a mile from the Obamas’ South Side home. Mrs. Obama attended Pendleton’s funeral and said she was struck by how familiar the Pendleton family seemed to her own.

“Hadiya Pendleton was me and I was her,” Mrs. Obama said. “But I got to grow up and go to Princeton and Harvard Law School and have a career and a family and the most blessed life I could ever imagine.”

Mrs. Obama said the only difference between herself and the young people killed on the Chicago streets is that she had a few more advantages — involved adults, good schools, a supportive community and a safe neighborhood.

“That was the difference between growing up and becoming a lawyer, a mother and first lady of the United States and being shot dead at the age of 15,” Mrs. Obama said, her voice gripped with emotion.

The “lady” has no shame.

Barred on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

When I think I’m getting close to the mark, I self ban myself for a while.

(I admit it got a little creepy emailing myself and asking if I could come back.)

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

And bluegill… hehehehe… :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

That is really bad!
Somebody PLEASE remind me tomorrow.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Capitalism is still great!!!

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I’d love to experience sometime…;)

I just recall getting predator back on the site, it was Ed who did it.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

We don’t have to win over Ed. It’s not Ed’s blog. Business is business.

Capitalism is still great!!!

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ed is this blog’s version of the Pope. It’s not his “Church”, but he’d got complete and utter control over it, duly delegated by the one that does own it.

I almost went where Mr. Walker went — but it was Allah who almost sent me there. Had Allah chosen differently, I’d understand completely — to the owner of the press goes the freedom of the press.

As for making a business case that any of us individually are essential to this blog’s existence — good luck.

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Let Schumer have his vote, Americans are speaking with their wallets. The fuds better hope we don’t start speaking with louder voices….*ahem*…frog in the throat.

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

bluegill

…please follow me on twitter…please follow me on twitter…please follow me on twitter…please follow me on twitter…cut and paste…cut and paste…please follow me on twitter…cut and paste…I don’t troll…I don’t troll…please follow me on twitter…cut and paste….I don’t troll…please follow me on twitter…I don’t troll…please follow me and my legions on twitter….I don’t troll…cut and paste…ED AND THE MODERATORS!!!!!…H E L L O…!!!!….FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER…!!!….please follow me on twitter you moronic moby’s!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

OK. Lolz.

This is like the Salem (Communications) Witch trials.

Maybe RWM can do some habius corpus to get SW off the witchery list.

Hey you fly around on a broom, right? hmmm.

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Dire Straits on April 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Badge of honor

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Go preach somewhere else.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

williamg on April 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Good pick!! I lolled hard… ;-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Speak for yourself.

I have it on good authority that I’m needed here and HotGas would never ban good ol’ Bis

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Lets have a Walk-A-Thong to get him back.

Get your glutes in shape too.

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Evening predator!! and Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!

(we are not commenting on qotd tomorrow night btw) :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I remember that!..:)

Dire Straits on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Seconded…

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Screw this place.

Bmore on April 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

…I’m getting there…let me know!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

SparkPlug on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I SEE what you did there ;-D

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Let’s all try to get along. I will even accept you as one of my Twitter followers. @bluegill4ever

Anyway, did Pat Toomey do this because he feared Bloomberg’s money?

bluegill on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

the left is playing this way big…they are building their foundation for their future visions. From Redstate and Dana Loesh

The Missouri State Highway Patrol has twice turned over the entire list of Missouri concealed weapon permit holders to federal authorities, most recently in January, Sen. Kurt Schaefer said Wednesday.

Questioning in the Senate Appropriations Committee revealed that on two occasions, in November 2011 and again in January, the patrol asked for and received the full list from the state Division of Motor Vehicle and Driver Licensing. Schaefer later met in his office with Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the patrol.

so MO has a Dem guv…and a red population.

Charming…just like in that awful case in NY the left likes to share gun ownership stuff…maybe these rednecks will be a little intimidated next time they want to buy a gun

They are building their dream country…which really doesn’t include guns…well, except for those that their guards and police have

r keller on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

sorry..i get so wrapped up in writing i forget the linky

r keller on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Granted. I do wonder what it takes for a troll to get banned these days. Maybe I’m conflating cringe-worthy liberal dogma with bannable offenses. But it’s a wonder someone like libfree endures after confiding things that he does.

Meh, Ed and Allah have been generous with me through the years. Not sure what to think really.

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Wowza, just catching up on the SWalker stuff. Very disappointing.

Jackalope on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Evening predator!! and Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!

(we are not commenting on qotd tomorrow night btw) :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Thanks Scrumpilicious!

I’ll be absent for a few days. I’m leaving early tomorrow morning for Lexington and a couple of days at Keeneland to get me some live horse-racing action. Coming back Sunday.

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

bluegill on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

BlueGill

YOU are like a pesky mosquito you never relent do you. Always taking a poke at whom ever you think is reading your inane posts.

You want people to follow you on twitter? Get a life deary…

You are more than boring to say the least.

And what’s with this ‘we‘ thing you have going eh?

I have never met someone as dumb as yourself.

You just don’t know when to quit do you deary?

Now be a luv and go find somewhere else to ‘hunt’…

YOU ARE NOT LIKED NOR RESPECTED AROUND HERE!

Got the message yet?

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Anyway, did Pat Toomey do this because he feared Bloomberg’s money?

bluegill on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Sarah Palin.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Ohhhhhhhhh sounds like fun!! Good Luck!! :-)

Scrumpy on April 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

fewer eyeballs … fewer clicks … less money … owner of Blogs asks
whats up ….
ppl go into cover mode ….
ya know there ARE CONSERVATIVE blogs out there ….

just saying ….

conservative tarheel on April 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Bishop on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Schumer can say or do whatever he wants. If he can’t figure out “shall not be infringed” he’s certainly not going to grasp “will not comply”.

Liam on April 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Happy birthday tomorrow, Predator! Spending the day at the race track sounds like an awesome way to spend a birthday. Have a wonderful time.

PatriotGal2257 on April 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Anyway, did Pat Toomey do this because he feared Bloomberg’s money?

bluegill on April 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Sarah Palin.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

ESTABLISHMENT!
(It loves that word;)

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Folks, I’d like to discuss Sarah Palin’s future as the gop’s key leader. If you want real conservatives back, push her to the front of the party as it’s face and as it’s voice.

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Thanks Scrumpy and PG2257. Always a good time at the track. I’ll think of y’all while I’m down there.

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

lol

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

If it’s today, then I’m right behind you (mine’s tomorrow).

predator on April 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Happy birthday in advance, then.

wolfsDad on April 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM

hawkdriver on April 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Sarah Palin is the most interesting leader of the conservative movement.

RovesChins on April 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM