New MSNBC promo: “We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents”

posted at 10:41 am on April 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Legal Insurrection, between this and Krystal Ball’s Socratic dialogue with a five-year-old about gay marriage, evidently it was indoctrination weekend at MSNBC. The novelty here isn’t the sentiment, it’s the candor. Hillary made this same point more digestible for the public by ladling on warm-fuzzy sauce about a “village” raising a child together. (Similarly, don’t think of huge government programs as budget-busting liabilities. They’re Christmas presents!) Harris-Perry had 30 seconds to give her version of the same point; when you’re operating within those time constraints, there may be no way to make the pitch in terms less creepy than this. I almost want to congratulate her for throwing a word as clammy as “collective” in there. It shows a certain bravado.

Here’s your counterpoint, from 2011, on whether the U.S. is “investing” enough in education. Another half-trillion or so ought to turn things around, I think. No wonder Ron Paul’s getting into home-schooling.

Update: Apologies to John Sexton. He had the Harris-Perry video yesterday and linked to the same USC post I linked to above, but I honestly didn’t see his item at Breitbart until after I posted this.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If I was her kid, I would want to abort myself my mommy.

NavyMustang on April 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

FIFY

Shy Guy on April 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

As it turns out with the Obama DeathPanels(TM), aborting Harris-Perry could happen sooner than later.

TulsAmerican on April 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Just another in a long line of folks who I would slap silly if I were to walk by them on the streets.

D-fusit on April 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

But don’t call them communists or Fascists or make wild statements like “They’re going to take our guns and kids!” cuz that would be extremist.

Yep. Just keep that blindfold on. Trust us, we’re socialists. Walk right up these steps here. Don’t worry about that thing we’re putting around your neck. It’s a… pretty little scarf to keep you warm. And it’s free. Now your hands.. yeah. hold them here behind your back. Nothing to worry about. We tell everyone to do this. Just a little thing we have to strap, er, place around your wrists. It’s for your own.. safety.
Now stand right here. We have a nice collective prize for you.

JellyToast on April 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Once again, Lib, you blindly kneel-n-bob to the fed govt, without having any idea what you’re sucking from.

budfox on April 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

He does not care what he is sucking as long as something keeps dripping out.

VegasRick on April 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I wonder if the irony is lost on this stupid #itch of color that she’s advocating a form of slavery?

Thomas More on April 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Did anyone notice how are children are now “investments”.

Tater Salad on April 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

First thing I caught.

The progs love taking Capitalist words that worked under Clinton and W and reapply them to more abstract ideas.

The feds collect “revenues”, not taxes.

Community funding are now “investments”, not spending.

Ergo, children are “investments in the future”, making them publicly traded stocks.

Eventually, someone will claim anyone who attends public school as being apart of the “property”.

budfox on April 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

If this liberal over reach is anything more than a passing fad it is going to be very interesting living in the two worlds that will exist.

DanMan on April 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

She has a point if you look at the “family statistics” generated by minority communities. (single parent households, out-of-wedlock birth rates, etc) Least we forget that social justice, leveling the playing field and a balanced approach are a far cry from; Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

If ya don’t abort them, we’ll take them…..and give you a phone……..All Hail!

dmann on April 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Grab your pitchforks… while you still can.

stevezilla on April 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My daughter and I were wondering just last week what ever happened to the Geico caveman … Looks like NBC bought the rights, did some tactical shaving (not much) and moved the character over to political commentary. The sloping shoulders, bulbous forehead, neanderthal jawline, it’s all there. Seriously, why didn’t the community (or the church of Jeremiah Wright) spring for some orthodontia when this dog was still a pup?

BatonRogue on April 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

You didn’t build that kid!

skatz51 on April 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM

TulsAmerican on April 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I don’t think so. She’ll most probably be appointed to head one of the panels.

Shy Guy on April 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Hopefully I can kidnap my daughter and get her to Iran.

2Tru2Tru on April 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Alternate audio:

“Women are merely incubators for future members of the collective”

Liberals are now attempting to turn us into an ant colony.

BobMbx on April 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I thought the made a very thalient point. What elthe doeth the have to thay?

MadisonConservative on April 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

This sounds like something that John Wayne Gacy might say – very creepy. It might be time to search Harris-Perry’s crawlspace.

Pork-Chop on April 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Children are called “investments” by the left because calling them what they want to call them, “worker units” is so, well you know, cold sounding.

Bishop on April 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

If ya don’t abort them, we’ll take them…..and give you a phone……..All Hail!

dmann on April 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

What really struck me was the comment that we have to “break through” this idea of privitazation of children and understand that they belong to the collective. It is a chilling comment that is Orwellian.

Happy Nomad on April 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

So, I’m trying to understand: since the gays can’t make children, the normal women are the brood-mares so the left will still have kids to “teach”? Is that pretty much it?

SailorMark on April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

They don’t even try to hide it anymore.

vcferlita on April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Liberals are very confusing.

First, they say no woman should be punished with a child, hence the need for unrestrictive abortion.

Then, they say that those children who do make it to birth are not the responsibility of the woman who gave birth but rather the community’s responsibility.

So why do they feel the need to defend abortion so much? Don’t they want more children for the collective?

Bitter Clinger on April 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Once my sons were old enough to understand what “gay” meant…..
They were disgusted. Everytime the libs start touting how great gays are – my sons
always ask -but dad – why would a guy stick his thing in another guys bum??? Indeed…..

redguy on April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

What’s scary is if children belong to the community instead of their parents, then the community may believe it has a right to decide who gets to live (weeding out the “undesirables”). The community may also believe it has a right to decide who is permitted to have children.

Kingfisher on April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

They don’t even try to hide it anymore.

vcferlita on April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Why would they need to? They’ve basically co-opted the leadership of their opposition and revolt doesn’t seem likely. They’re on the cusp of finally getting everything they want.

Doomberg on April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

SailorMark on April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Don’t worry about it, the State will take care of your children. They will get snappy little uniforms with red berets, learn the DNC Manifesto by heart, be instructed about the proper salute to use when dignitaries pass by, and learn that informing on your family and friends is not only proper but encouraged.

You’ll see, things are going to be GRAND.

Bishop on April 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Alternate audio:

“Women are merely incubators for future members of the collective”

Liberals are now attempting to turn us into an ant colony.

BobMbx on April 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

No – more like a beehive and they want Hillary as the Queen Bee…..
You see – Obama was just the one to build a framework. Hillary will
produce the glorious hive.

redguy on April 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

This is the expected outcome of the collectivist path America is following.

Axion on April 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

No wonder liberals are so worried about guns, they know we will shoot when they come for our children.

Tater Salad on April 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

That’s not it at all. Too many of us have been handing them our children freely over the years through public education for that to be the reason.

SailorMark on April 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Yes. If they abort their own, are gay, and stop having children in favor of careers, they have to get their children from those that still have children, i.e. conservatives. It’s why the Department of Education is the single most damaging government entity in our country. It’s a tool for generational indoctrination.

mintycrys on April 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Ghetto talk

jake49 on April 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

now now MSNBC is only trying to bring
….the altruistic motives of communism…. to us poor slobs.

unseen on April 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I thought the made a very thalient point. What elthe doeth the have to thay?

MadisonConservative on April 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

MSNBC needs a new show starring co-hosts Melitha Harrith-Perry and Ethra Klein.

BuckeyeSam on April 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

So the losers on the left band together and all take care of one another’s kids?

Can’t work, can’t take care of property, can’t get a darn ID to vote or stay on programs, can’t take care of kids, can’t find a person of the opposite sex to live with….

We should ask Dr. Krauthammer to break the DSM IV out as I think we need to medicate the whole lot and then lock them up.

IlikedAUH2O on April 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Harris-Perry should go to Chicago’s inner city and spread that message, I wonder how long
she would live?

Seems like no one wants responsibility in Chicago…..
Eventually those children will be the “collectives” responsibility – as they sit in prison.

redguy on April 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Grab your pitchforks… while you still can.

stevezilla on April 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Yeah, my first thought was.. wondered how this would have played out 50 years ago had a news idiot gone on TV and said “Your kids don’t belong to you. They belong to the state.”

But then, I suppose that’s why they can say it now. They know it won’t be responded to way it would have been at pretty much any other time in our history.

JellyToast on April 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Once my sons were old enough to understand what “gay” meant…..

redguy on April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

As far as I’m concerned, that’s the beginning and end of the conversation. Is there really anything else to discuss?

BuckeyeSam on April 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

She has a daughter…when is she going to turn her over to the state so they can better raise her? She apparently doesn’t think she is equipped to do so.

right2bright on April 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Wow… finally something I can agree with a liberal on.

psrch on April 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

So I can’t expect some idiot to get themselves an I.D. during the 2 year span between elections, but I CAN trust them to take care of my children.

O_o

No thanks, I’d let my kids be raised by my dogs before handing them over to the human trash which constitute the leftist base.

Bishop on April 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer!! Sieg Heil ! Sieg Heil!

teacherman on April 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Anybody else notice how the perfesser ran away, when his attempt at hijacking the thread didn’t work?

kingsjester on April 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Bishop on April 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

With Harris-Perry you don’t have to choose between dogs and human trash. She’s a multi-tasker.

Happy Nomad on April 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Grab your pitchforks… while you still can.

stevezilla on April 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM

…most men and women will grow up to love their servitude and will never dream of revolution.

― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Fenris on April 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

They at least put some thought into her appearance before she gave her Fascist speech.

Brown shirt and arm band is replaced with non-threatening pink sweater, pretty little locket and hair pulled back into a pony tail thing. They also told her to smile a little as she talks about abducting America’s children from their parents. That was a nice touch.

JellyToast on April 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

First, Biden’s New World Order comment and now this. Libs are feeling awfully cocky with The Lightbringer in power.

kingsjester on April 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Sick of Our First Lady & Family?

Next time you are sick of our First Lady, substitute one of the MSNBC idiots.

Just hearing their the stupid, divisive opinions make me grateful to God that, just as they are, the Obamas are superb compared to the MSNBC crew.

IlikedAUH2O on April 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Thufferin thuccotash she is a special kind of sthoopid. I think they are all leaning forward at MSNBC to rid themselves of gas.

PatriotPete on April 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

redguy on April 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

C. Everett Coop once related how he described to his son in simple anatomical terms what being “gay” meant. His son just said, “eww.”

rrpjr on April 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

kingsjester on April 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Well, you’ve got to admit, it wasn’t his best effort. Probably saving his ammo for when the inevitable quotes from the rat-eared devil standing on the bodies of those 20 little children in CT.

BTW, did you see that some of the family members of the Sandy Hook shootings are coming back on Air Force One and essentially heading to Capitol Hill with the press in tow so that the media has pictures of them meeting with Congresscritters.

Most exploitive propaganda ever on an issue that is already shamefully lacking in honest debate.

Happy Nomad on April 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Rush leading with the child-grabbing comments.

Happy Nomad on April 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Elena Ceausescu held similar views…her so-called orphanages were not actually filled with orphans, but children of the state being raised to fill the ranks of a peoples army.

Investments, so to speak.

Hmmm, and there are Americans who are comfortable with this idea?

We have apparently long passed the tipping point.

God help us all.

coldwarrior on April 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

That’s not your kid???
That’s OUR kid???
Are you f’n kidding me???

When people talk about the ‘zombie apocalypse’ they ought to be talking about these union-based zombie morons that vomit this kind of crap. Think about it, she doesn’t care one wit about ‘the kids’ all she cares about is the ‘money’ for the teachers.

RedManBlueState on April 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Let’s look at this from the other direction.

Its not about wanting the government to raise OUR kids. Its about them wanting the government to take over raising THEIR kids.

So NO!. If you choose to have kids, you take responsibility of providing for and raising them yourself. That’s not my responsibility.

I have 4 kids of my own that I take care of.

I can’t afford to pay for your kids’ food too.
I can’t afford to pay for your kids’ shelter too.
I can’t afford to pay for your kids’ education too (preschool through college).
I can’t afford to pay for your unemployed “kids” too.
i don’t have the time or money to raise your kids for you.

I detest the attitude some people seem to have that they have the right to as many kids as they want, and its “our” responsibility to raise them.

Again -NO! If you choose to have kids it should be with the knowledge it means you are responsible for them. Not me!

taznar on April 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yep, this tweet has been retweeted 594 times and Favorited 182 times since

1:38 AM – 7 Apr 13

“Unflippinbelievable” indeed!

hrh40 on April 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer!! Sieg Heil ! Sieg Heil!

teacherman on April 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

“Tutto nello Stato, niente al di fuori dello Stato, nulla contro lo Stato”

rrpjr on April 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Comcast agrees with this promo……let them know.

lilium479 on April 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM

RedManBlueState on April 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

That’s always who I’ve meant when I referred to the Zombie Acocalypse.

SailorMark on April 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Yet heaven help the parent who intervenes to discipline someone else’s kid – horrors! I remember growing up – all kids had parents but if one kid misbehaved in our house, or we misbehaved in someone else’s house, the local parent, called a stop to it. Physically? No. Parentally, yes!

We don’t need the government to discipline. Try a visit to your local classroom and talk with a teacher as to how much he/she can discipline someone. They can’t – so what is this woman really saying?

MN J on April 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM

taznar on April 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Sounds pro abortion and sterilization, to me.

IlikedAUH2O on April 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Hillary, the sow, started this “it takes a village”.

Red cravats are next.

May all who hold this “collective” view spontaneously combust or have their brains splatter on cement, in any way.

Trample and squish these tryannical morons, for they don’t know what they speak of, or wish for.

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

O_o

Bishop on April 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

ahem…

RalphyBoy on April 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM

And their motto at the end of the video is “Lean Forward.”

No kidding.

Axion on April 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

This is a rare case of a progressive actually “progressing.” Ten years ago, or even five years ago, none of them would have ADMITTED that this is their attitude. This is “progress.”

Maybe it will help people to wake up to what’s in store for us, but I’m afraid the ones who need waking up still aren’t paying attention, and won’t until it’s way too late (if it’s not already).

JannyMae on April 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I don’t want to be responsible for anyone’s kids most certainly not hers.

Dollayo on April 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

First thing she needs to know, my kid is not her kid to educate.

Tater Salad on April 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Maybe someone already pointed this out but check out the info graphic at the link. Those illegal aliens, mostly from Mexico, that we are gifting with American citizenship, are at the bottom of all the measures. That should do wonders for our country.

hopeful on April 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Her “village” has absolutely failed to care for AA children. The rate of poverty and failure is about the same as when the collective solution was implemented.

What’s your excuse for that, Melissa?

PattyJ on April 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

The Hitler Youth and/or the Young Pioneers await.

Take them away from their parents, train them to believe only in the State [not God - not parents], and train them to inform on their parents …

I’ve never seen such darkness, in our country.

And it will get much darker.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

White shirts and red scarves for all children!

Ward Cleaver on April 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM

The most radical left is in the white house.

Oil Can on April 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

The scary part is that it was elected by a Moriarty of the electorate, TWICE!
It is nothing but the consequence of the moral decay in our society. No idea how this gets reversed.

neuquenguy on April 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

The scary part is that it was elected by a Moriarty of the electorate, TWICE!

neuquenguy on April 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Lets hope Holmes and Watson are on the job.

BobMbx on April 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

– Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Our incompetent and pro-Communist public education system needs more than 8 years – but the sentiment is correct.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

DON’T BLAME HER, OR OBAMA.

It’s OUR fault!!

We elect these Progressives, we watch their shows, we let them get away with it because all we can think about is if we’re going to get Large or medium fries in Drive-thru and whether we’ll get Tyler and Britney to their soccer games in time.

PappyD61 on April 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

And their motto at the end of the video is “Lean Forward.”
No kidding.

Axion on April 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM

which basically means the same as “bend over”….

dentarthurdent on April 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Everyone who voted for B.O. is to blame for this crap.

JackM on April 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM

While the way she phrased it was totally creepy…..I think Allahpunit is right she was making the Hillary Clinton “it takes a village” message which not too many argue against.

terryannonline on April 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

The scary part is that it was elected by a Moriarty of the electorate, TWICE!

neuquenguy on April 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Lets hope Holmes and Watson are on the job.

BobMbx on April 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Jaja, evil auto correct or Freudian slip.

neuquenguy on April 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM

terryannonline on April 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I’m taking the fam on a vacation, but I can’t pay for it. So I’m asking the Hot Air village to chip in and cover the cost of our childrens’ summer break.

BobMbx on April 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

This is great news. I am fixing to go hit up all my neighbors for extra cash to help raise our kids. And while we’re at it, please send money for our children’s college fund. Thank You.

DDay on April 8, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Just more proof that the union should be dissolved – let the states and regions go their separate ways. If the People Republic of California want to create a workers paradise then go right ahead. I want to live free so i moved to Texas.

MoreLiberty on April 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM

For those who think this is the fault or folks who voted for Ovamit.. think again. The consitution has been mauled by GWB with the invasion of privacey and TSA. The inablitiy to stop the spending to buy the election with midcare part d. It is the natural decay that Jefferson clearly stated would require something more than words to hold on to from time to time.
We are no longer the Jerffersionian democracey that was envisioned at the founding.

nicknack60 on April 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

How can you argue with her feelings? Just look at the stellar successes of the public school system! Teach my children more, all-knowing government!

sgtstogie on April 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

There was something oddly familiar about Harris-Perry’s statements. So I went back and found quotes that I had read before and seemed, shall we say, of a kind with her philosophy:

1. I am beginning with the young.

2. He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.

3. When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”

4. By educating the young generation along the right lines, the People’s State will have to see that a generation of mankind is formed which will be adequate to this supreme combat that will decide the destinies of the world.

5. Society’s needs come before the individual’s needs.

6. There will no longer exist any individual arbitrary will, nor realms in which the individual belongs to himself. The time of happiness as a private matter is over.

Of course, you’ve by now figured out that that all of these quotes were uttered by Adolf Hitler, the most infamous progressive of all time.

He has a new admirer.

Cricket624 on April 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

If someone comes up to you and tells you that your children belong to the community, the best course of action is to get a restraining order.

MichaelGabriel on April 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

terryannonline on April 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I always wonder how medicated you are when you make asinine statements like this.

It doesn’t take a villiage to raise a family, yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

It takes two parents.

tom daschle concerned on April 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

tom daschle concerned on April 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Damn straight.

It takes a village … my ass.

It takes a husband and wife who actually give a shit about their children.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 8, 2013 at 1:56 PM

She and her ilk had better tread lightly because most of us will not allow a marxist take over by this Govt

HAGGS99 on April 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Ummm…No we don’t.

If liberals want to ditch their responsibilities and let others raise their children, that’s their business. It’s selfishness for people to not want to raise their own children. But it’s guaranteed there is no way liberals would allow Conservative ideas anywhere near their children, or the children of anyone else.

Is it me, or is MSNBC getting nuttier every day?

Liam on April 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The reelection of the rat-eared Choom Prince has emboldened these people to drop their pretenses and go pedal-to-the-metal with pushing their collectivist, fascist state designs.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Pardon me if this has been already pointed out – But if children belong to the “Collective” [The government] – then wouldn’t it logically follow that we all belong to the “Collective” [The government]?

In essence, we are all Slaves to the government?

Galt2009 on April 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

If you ‘collectively’ accept the ideas that this ‘citizen’ is postulating it will not be very many months before people are hanging from light posts as records of ‘coup counted’ in the struggle both against and for. The only question will be how long should they hang?
As long as hygiene would permit? No, Melissa, they are our children…and our animosities will be tremendous.

Gallifet on April 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Is this woman an actual Human??

I ask this, because these “people” no longer advocate
anything a resonable, responsible human being would
advocate….

…so she just beamed in from a Sh*tty galaxy somewhere,
right??

ToddPA on April 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Wait. How can it be that a child belongs to the parents, but a fetus does not? How can a fetus have more rights than an actual, walking, talking kid?

keep the change on April 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM

teacherman on April 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Yeah and Stalin, Mao and Little Kim.

dogsoldier on April 8, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Fine, if we are raising your kids in the collective, then you won’t mind when I wail the tar out of him for doing something rotten, then, right? Or send him to his room without supper?

GWB on April 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

terryannonline on April 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

It doesn’t take a villiage to raise a family, yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

It takes two parents.

tom daschle concerned on April 8, 2013 at 1:51 PM

….. for the love of ……….. HEY, terryann’ ! ! ! … We ALL argued against that (expletive) book. Where were you hiding?
It takes a “nuclear” FAMILY (one male father, one female mother)
to RAISE A VILLAGE …..

(…… almost sounds like a book title).

listens2glenn on April 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Can I claim some of these “collectives” as dependents on my income tax? How ’bout having some of ‘em come over and mow my lawn!??!

gregbert on April 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM

That screenshot above makes her look like a ventriloquists’ puppet.

What does that mean? Welll…I report, you decide.

inviolet on April 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM

MichaelGabriel on April 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Right after you shoot them.

GWB on April 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM