Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on April 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

Hillary Clinton left the State Department nearly two months ago, but she still needs a staff to keep up with the considerable business of being Hillary Clinton. A half-dozen people now work for the former secretary of state and Democratic presidential candidate in a tiny corporate space on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, in what is called her “transition office.”

Transition to what, Mrs. Clinton and her aides have not yet said. But the question hovers over her every move and has frozen in place the very early — but for some potential candidates, very important — presidential maneuvering on the Democratic side…

Adding to her rivals’ anxiety, a new report emerges almost weekly from a Democratic dinner party in New York or Washington that Important So-and-So heard from Still-More-Important So-and-So that she is absolutely, positively running — only to draw swift rebuttals from her representatives that she has decided nothing of the sort.

***

Democratic strategist James Carville asked supporters of Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday to pony up some cash if they want to convince her to run for president in 2016.

“It isn’t worth squat to have the fastest car at the racetrack if there ain’t any gas in the tank,” writes Carville in an e-mail sent by Ready for Hillary, the super PAC that was formed to encourage the former secretary of State to make another White House bid…

“We owe it to Hillary to start putting the building blocks of her campaign together now,” Carville said.

***

“I’ve always looked at Hillary as a brand,” says Parkhomenko, who at age 27 will be the executive director of Ready for Hillary PAC. “That’s been especially true in the last couple of years. It’s a brand I believe in. It’s a brand I want to protect. It’s a brand I want to build.”

There have been presidential draft campaigns long before they were caucuses or primaries or, obviously, PACs. But Clinton’s advantage is so deep and broad that the super PAC looks downright gaudy. By miles, she’s the most popular Democrat in America. In Iowa, whose anti–Iraq War caucus-goers hobbled her 2008 campaign, Clinton leads the field by at least 39 points. In New Hampshire she’s up by 50. In trial heats, in their own home states, she slaughters the strongest Republican candidates.

So Democratic donors are holding out for Hillary.

***

[T]he surge of cash from Clinton backers for McAuliffe should be considered a signal that donors are ready and eager to dig deep for Clinton, asserted John Morgan, a Florida lawyer who hosted Bill Clinton at his Orlando mansion for a fundraiser that he said pulled in $400,000.

“No question about it. It is Hillary’s if she wants it,” said Morgan, who met McAuliffe in the mid-1990s when both raised money for Bill Clinton’s reelection. “I did tell President Clinton that if she ever decided to run, I would like to help. I think most people at my event would enthusiastically support her. Me, especially.”

***

Why is the media covering this as if it were a question? It’s never too early to run for president. And Hillary Clinton has been running for president since 1993. So unless health or age issues get in her way, you and I both know there’s no way she’s sitting out 2016…

There’s no one in the Democratic Party who possesses her abilities or her name recognition; certainly, no one who can marshal the kind of heavy hitters and money needed to pull it off. There’s no charismatic upstart to trip her up. Andrew Cuomo? Martin O’Malley? Elizabeth Warren? John Hickenlooper? Joe Biden?…

She has to run. This is the woman who believed herself qualified to lead an effort to craft and then implement a massive overhaul of the entire health-care system, despite her complete lack of expertise or experience on such matters. This is the same women who decided to run for the Senate lacking any of the experience most people might associated with the position– most notably living in the state she allegedly represented.

***

Hillary Clinton is 14 years older than Barack Obama. A party has never nominated a leader that much older than his immediate predecessor. (The previous record-holder was James Buchanan, 13 years older than Franklin Pierce when the Democrats chose him in 1856. Runner-up: Dwight Eisenhower, 12 years older than his predecessor, Thomas Dewey.)…

[T]he biggest risk to Democrats from a Hillary Clinton nomination is not that it would be generationally backward-looking — or that it would reopen embarrassing ethical disputes — but that it would short-circuit the necessary work of party renewal.

After eight years in the White House, a party requires a self-appraisal and a debate over its way forward. Bill Clinton offered Democrats just such a debate in 1992 with his “New Democrat” ideas. Barack Obama offered another in 2008 with his careful but unmistakable criticism of Clinton-era domestic policies and Hillary Clinton’s Iraq war vote. But if Hillary Clinton glides into the nomination in 2016 on the strength of money, name recognition, and a generalized feeling of “It’s her turn,” then Democrats will forgo this necessary renewal.

***

Having passed the torch to a new generation of leaders, will the American public really be willing to go backwards — back to a politician formed during the bitter political divides of the 1960s?…

(This isn’t just about age, though that’s a factor. Hillary Clinton would be essentially the same age Reagan was when he became president. Of course, he was the oldest president, and age was an issue. But the bigger problem isn’t her age, it’s that she’s old news. Hillary has been in the public eye for more than two decades now.)

One could imagine a scenario where a young leader like Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, or Paul Ryan would provide a stark contrast to the Baby Boomer Clinton. If one of them wins the nomination, the question will be whether we want to build “a bridge to the future or a bridge to the past?”

***

Here are some important pieces of unfinished business from the Obama years that a re-elected in 2016 Democratic party must resolve:

* Were President Obama’s counter-terrorism policies effective and necessary? Or did they over-reach and violate important liberties?

* Is Obamacare a charter for regulated competition among private health insurers? Or is it a deeply flawed half-way step on the way to Medicare for all?…

* How much should the interests of the native-born working class matter on issues like energy and immigration, vs how much for the party’s new constituencies among upper-income professionals and recent migrants?

If these issues don’t get discussed in the course of a presidential primary, when do they get discussed? And if Hillary Clinton glides to an easy victory on the strength of name ID, big money, and “it’s her turn” sentiment, they won’t be discussed at all.

***

The pro-Clinton media … assumes that she will somehow remain aloof from real-life, every day, divisive politics. The key to her high favorable numbers, Nate Silver points out, is precisely that “she has remained largely above the partisan fray that characterizes elections and fights over public policy.” But that will end if she runs for president. Candidate Clinton will have to state positions that will not satisfy everyone, not even every Democrat.

In 2008, Clinton assumed her eminence would insulate her from criticism of her position on Iraq. That did not happen. Already in this cycle she has had to play catch-up on same-sex marriage, announcing her support almost a year after Joe Biden announced his. One of these days something will come up that will separate Clinton from the rich men who finance her party. Out of elective office since 2009, she may have more trouble finessing issues than the governors and senators who have to make controversial decisions regularly. Her numbers will fall…

Her finances and business relationships will be scrutinized. Her husband’s foundation and world traveling will be a treasure trove for opposition researchers. God only knows what else he’s been up to. Or what he might say on the campaign trail…

Now, I could be wrong. Maybe Hillary Clinton is on a glide path to the 2016 Democratic nomination and then the presidency. But aren’t we obligated, in this supposedly data-driven, scientific, all-too-cynical age, to look skeptically on the messages emanating from the political and cultural establishment? Especially when a media that hilariously believes it speaks truth to power is parroting those messages? And when what they are saying, in exactly the same terms, was falsified spectacularly only five years ago?

***

Enormous efforts are being made to sweeten an already delicious pie. But if there’s one thing Clinton knows all too well, and which her most dedicated supporters might be blind to in their ardor, is that even as Clinton espies that pie, she’s probably pondering the portion of poison on the menu as well

[L]est you think that memories of what it was like to be the target of such attacks are far in the misty distance for Hillary Clinton, let’s recall that one thing Clinton was dealing with in the waning days of her Foggy Bottom tenure was the unrestrained insistence that she was faking the concussion that was keeping her from testifying about the attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. I wouldn’t worry overmuch about the possibility that Clinton’s dog-tired and done in from the past four years of peripatetic global travel, but I have to imagine that having to endure a round of “Concussionghazi” was unimaginably exhausting…

The question is, can Clinton’s supporters and donors get this groundswell to the point where it becomes the proverbial offer she can’t possibly refuse? Because those are pretty great conditions to make an exit from life in public service, too.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Matthews continued to press Gibbs, who continued to parry, offering to bet even money Clinton wouldn’t run, and even pointing out that, in 2016, Clinton “will be 69 years old. She may decide she doesn’t want to do it.”

Gibbs did point out that Hillary “could wait until ten minutes before the New Hampshire primary filing closes to decide to run for president and still be the nominee.”

Matthews signed off the segment with a parting “Fifty-fifty. Give me a break!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

(There you see Ken, how gossip starts and then cannot be stopped! They have us wed already! What are we to do? I am a postulant! I honor the Moon Goddess, they do not know, I cannot wed…)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I’m a hand holder.

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

God help the morning crew.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

The pic-nic basket full of delectable treats…

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Don’t be so precipitous, Walker. Spark isn’t in jail, and won’t be. The Magistrate and I haven’t determined exactly what is to be done about the current situation, but Spark will be dealt with in a manner consistent with the operating credo of the Glade and according to Gladian law.

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Yeah, It’s called “usher”.

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Hey Ken, wanna go for a balloon ride? I need to test out the new trap door I installed for people who choose not to pay the hefty price for a safe landing.

Don’t worry I packed a special parachute just for you. (:

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

What is a little frivolity amongst friends eh? ;-D

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM

williamg on April 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM

At least the birds shall eat heartily!! Warm rice indeed! lol

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Well, if you ask me, that’s certainly preferable to having the birds eat the guests, in my rather limited marital experience, that always throws a damper on the joyous expression of a wedding… O_O

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I will settle this. It is between us and the Moon Goddess.

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I am rather hungry…hope it’s filled with goodly stuff Ken!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM

First we’ll have to break our manager out of the Glade housgow… Then Get Dire to crack open his wallet… Maybe Sophie can help with both of those… ;)

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

BTW, you’re still doing some writing I see. :)

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM

(Yes! Moon Goddess can assist!)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

The poem is powerful and lovely. The legend of the Rhine gold comes to mind with the mention of her golden comb and golden hair and the rays of golden light on the mountain top. It is said that the way the sunlight reflects from the water on the Rhine led men to believe that the Rhine maidens hid their gold there amongst the rocks. Wondrous and fascinating tales. :)

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I don’t care what anyone does as long as I can finish Resist’s house.

*sip*

O, and I want to be able to remove this metal bucket.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

What is a little frivolity amongst friends eh? ;-D

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Compared to Rome this is totally clean :)

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Um, Scrumpy, I have been going through my documents, and apparently I am still “technically married”. As such, I may not marry you at this time. I trust your heart fares better than mine with this revelation. XXOOXXOO

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Dire cracking open his wallet? Uhm good luck with that pal. He spent it all on a rum hoard.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM

BTW, you’re still doing some writing I see. :)

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I sneak a little in every now and then, when I think nobody is paying any attention… ;)

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

(I completely understand dear Knight! It was not to be)

Be still my beating heart.

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

~Glade Public Service Announcement~

A rumor has been circulating that Sir Ken and the Spritely One are to be wed. That rumor is false.

Please desist from any further attempts to rush them to the altar.

In light of the general desire for some sort of festival to occur in the Glade I hereby announce that there will be a May Day celebration held in the Glade under the light of the moon for the first week of May. Arrangements will be made accordingly.

~The Management~

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Don’t worry. I was going to drop ken safely in the bog. He would plop in the soft mud up to his neck so at least he could cry for help.

Just kidding. Best wishes to the newly weds and to the person who started a rumor that just might come true.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

As long as we’re coming clean, this Resist thing is obviously one way. I know its sad. But I tried taking two bean-bag chairs, stacking them on top of each other, shoving a basketball between them, and sending her the picture, but . . . apparently weird chicks are immune to weird. And don’t get me started on the miserable failure of my Anthony Weiner picture.

photoshop, photoshop, photoshop

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Ha! And that fedora didn’t come from WalMart. :)

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I was there at Lorelei Rock on the Rhine…

My Mum told me the story as a child and when I got to Germany it was the one place I just had to see!!

That story was rolling thru my mind and as I closed my eyes, I imagined the sounds and sights that supposedly greeted the unfortunate sailors…

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Whoa!

Need new wizard robe.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Yippee. May day bash. Plans in the works. SWalker to supply the doobage and Dire the rum.

As long as it conforms to gladian law.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM

You are fortunate to have been able to visit the place, Scrumpy. The legend is a pleasure to read, as is the poem that Schadenfreude posted.

To plant ones feet firmly upon the firmament of legend is a magical experience. :)

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I cannot wait!! It shall be a very festive time!

Music wine food good company and the beauty of the Glade and the crystal clear waters of the the lake…

( I am a little aggrieved that I may have lost a good friend )

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Excellent! I knew you’d approve. How about helping me conjure up some stellar entertainment for the festival?

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

It was the shrinkage wasn’t it?

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Emotions are running very high tonight. I bid you all a good evening. Sophie, I will be by tomorrow around 10 to finish the pool work. I will be wearing the new uniform, of course. Chrissy…Thanks for the memories..Hopefully we can still fool around! Good night Moon Goddess, who makes us all want to be a little bit better. Good night HA!

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

williamg on April 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Lmao!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:09 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

It was fun and light hearted!! A perfect diversion to the mundanity of HA! God Bless and Good Night!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

To whom do you refer, Scrumpy? Ken still adores you. Spark still adores you. I still adore you. As far as I can see you’ve lost no one. :)

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

No you haven’t lost a friend. Ken will always lust after you. That’s normal.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well. See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Absolutely is was!!

I was indeed blessed :-)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM

The Buffoon of Benghazi.

Slink away in shame, you useless beyatch.

profitsbeard on April 7, 2013 at 2:13 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM
SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Thank you!! ( Tho I wasn’t serious ) :-)

Ok brain, time to let go of the Glade and get back to reality!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Well, time for me to go as well, I need to spend a little time pretending that I still know how to lay guitar before turning in for the night.

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Barbara Bonney: “Lorelei” by Clara Schumann

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Ahhhhhhhhh but you do!! God Bless and good night!!

Hope you play all night long!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM

SWalker on April 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM

‘lay guitar’? Walker…

Goodnight, Walker. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM

More likely the pigtails and the tube-top.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

No you haven’t lost a friend. Ken will always lust after you. That’s normal.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

She knows that!! The restraining order didn’t stop me! Just a joke…

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Beautiful Lady and beautiful song… thank you :-)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Ken will always lust after you.

have you seen those ankles!!!!

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Life’s not that complicated guys. :) Just have some tea or something and enjoy each other’s company.

IMO, etc.

Someone should tell Hillary, too. I’m not sure she understands this. She’s building a world and having a hard time doing it, and all that kicking against the pricks shows in her face.

*offers Cheetos*

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM

For Sparky, because you’d get it! ;-D

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Dance Me To The End Of Love – Cohen

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

KCB on April 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Lol ;-D

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

God Bless and good night and sweet dreams!!

One of my favs of Cohen :-)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:22 AM

(2nd try)

IMO, etc.

Someone should tell Hillary, too. I’m not sure she understands this. She’s building a world and having a hard time doing it, and all that kicking against the pr!cks shows in her face.

*offers Cheetos*

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Night, graceful Jackie.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Thank you wonderful person.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Bird on a wire:

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM

thatsafactjack on April 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

sleep tight. Thanks for your charming-ness-osity factor.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Rolling in the Deep

Adele

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM

(Me)

#HillaryBookTitles Fashionista: America’s polyester maven discusses toddler pantsuit patterns, sexy boy haircuts, and more!

(My favorite)

Hardy Sorrell ‏@HardySowollen 6 Apr
#HillaryBookTitles Cigars or Cigarrettes: Why Michelle Is The Lucky One

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM

2 of my fav chick singers:

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Just gotta luv that voice!!

Amy Winehouse: Back to Black

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

OT/Seriously. Someone come visit with my family so I can “play on the computer.”

@Resist, you like stuff like The Hobbit? . . . or . . .

Meh.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Lol!!

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM

You will survive!! Send ‘em to me ;-)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Tis Time I was swooshing myself outta here!!

Thanks Axe!! :-)

God Bless and good night!!

* swoosh *

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

You will survive!! Send ‘em to me ;-)

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I like my family like I like my alien invaders. At an astronomical distance and separated from me by a neutral zone. :)

j/k. They’re OK.

Sober.

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM

* swoosh *

Scrumpy on April 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Night, Scrump. :)

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:46 AM

. . . be watching The Hobbit.

. . . with my family member who I am watching while others play at the gambling house . . .

And this comment is absolutely on topic, since America is like the Lonely Mountain and history of late is like the coming of Smaug.

And the next election cycle might be like the coming of Smaug.

Whole lot of possible Smaug analogies.

*groaning poof*

Axe on April 7, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I figure we got a little over a year and a half until Baracka the first gets complete and total rein when the dems take back the house. If Shrillary runs and wins, this country won’t by dying, it will be dead. Seriously, what has this woman ever accomplished? Her final act in office was lying to congress about Benghazi with that ‘what difference does it make’ remark as the last slap in the face to the dead Americans. Her so called health care bill, written while Bill was in office doing the office staff, was so poorly written it had no chance of passage. She couldn’t even fire the WH travel staff without causing an uproar. Now we’re paying for a ‘transition office’!? Will the grifting ever end.

Kissmygrits on April 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Good morning. O/T: “Stephen Warren and My Friend Mike” My take. http://wp.me/pSio7-20q

kingsjester on April 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Kissmygrits on April 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM

If your first sentence is prescient there won’t be any 2016 presidential election.

If Hillary wants to be prez she had better see to it that the dhimmicRATs don’t regain the house.

davidk on April 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Whose paying that staff?

TimBuk3 on April 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM

The political machinery in DC is very polite to this “has been” and reminds me of when Ed Sullivan would have these old timers sing a song on his show croaking out their best and that’s what it was, croaking. Only in Hills dreams will she be President; she was thrown under the bus when the machinery selected barry and they shut her up when she threaten to expose barry and rumor has it they threatened her kid and she accepted a position in the party. The left “following” has the same mental capacity as the Rev Jones crowd before the cool aid. The machinery will allow her to accumulate money and that money will end up in the push their selected person to the 2016 election.

mixplix on April 7, 2013 at 12:20 PM

She will be the next POTUS simply because the media will suggest to the low information voter what their choices are. The Big Government Progressives are winning the cultural war and this nation is going to hell in a handbasket as a result. They already have population centers, NY, LA, CHI, they have minorities in their back pocket, they have the low info voters. With amnesty they get a permanent majority. Hillary will be the one whom the media selects as the candidate. Game over, man. Slam dunk!

long_cat on April 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hillary 2016

More dead ambassadors!

profitsbeard on April 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Well, both Barack and Hillary have shown their inability to handle that 3AM phone call.

Next?