Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on April 4, 2013 by Allahpundit

The gun control debate has shown the president again to be hopelessly detached as a legislative mechanic and ineffectual as a shaper of public opinion. Before writing rhetorical checks that his own party’s majority leader in the Senate, Harry Reid, couldn’t cash, the president might have at least consulted with the wily old son-of-a-gun about what was plausible and adjusted accordingly. He might have taken into consideration Reid’s ribbon-cutting ceremony with National Rifle Association honcho Wayne LaPierre at the Clark County Shooting Park in Las Vegas in 2010…

The president’s push for new gun laws looks, at this juncture, like a complete fizzle. He has failed to sway red-state Democrats and failed to maintain the heightened public support for new gun control laws. The most concrete effect of his advocacy has been, if the anecdotal evidence is to be believed, to stoke increased gun purchases on fears that the government wants to ban guns. He set out to lead a great crusade for gun control and ended up the best friend the gun industry ever had.

***

National Rifle Association vice president Wayne LaPierre said Tuesday that there was no evidence smaller magazines would have resulted in fewer deaths at the Newtown, Conn., elementary school where 20 children and six educators were killed late last year.

“People that know guns — you can change magazine clips in a second,” LaPierre told Fox News. “There’s no evidence that anything would have changed.”

“The fact is, if you’re a homeowner though, and you have someone coming through your door in the middle of the night, why should you be limited to three rounds or four rounds like [New York City] Mayor [Michael] Bloomberg wants to do?” LaPierre said. “A third of robberies involve multiple intruders and people want them for the same reason police want them, for the same reason Capitol Hill is protected by them. Why should you be limited to what some politician believes is reasonable?

***

According to the survey, 48 percent said they believed the government could use background check records to seize guns, while 38 said the government could not. Ninety-one percent favored background checks anyway, and only 8 percent are opposed.

“In every Quinnipiac University poll since the Newtown massacre, nationally and in six states, we find overwhelming support, including among gun owners, for universal background checks,” Quinnipiac University Polling Institute Assistant Director Peter A. Brown said in a statement.

“American voters agree with the National Rifle Association, however, that these background checks could lead someday to confiscation of legally-owned guns.”

***

[Obama] conflates a failed background check with stopping a criminal from obtaining a gun. “Over the past 20 years,” Obama says, “background checks have kept more than 2 million dangerous people from buying a gun.” That claim is based on two faulty assumptions: 1) that everyone who fails a background check is dangerous, which plainly is not true, given the ridiculously broad categories of people who are legally barred from buying firearms, and 2) that a criminal intent on obtaining a weapon will give up if he cannot get it over the counter at a gun store, rather than enlisting a straw buyer or turning to the gray or black market…

He says there is no logical connection between “universal background checks” and gun registration. “We’re not proposing a gun registration system,” Obama insists. “We’re proposing background checks for criminals.” But there is no way to enforce a background-check requirement for every gun transfer unless the government knows where the guns are. Federally licensed gun dealers are readily identified and can be required to keep sale records. Individual gun owners who might dare to sell their property without clearance from the government cannot be identified unless the government compiles a list of them. Hence Obama’s assurances amount to saying, “Don’t worry. We will make a big show of passing this new background-check mandate, but we won’t really enforce it.”

***

Despite a major push from the White House, more states have cut back on gun regulations rather than pass gun-control reforms in the wake of the mass shootings in Newtown, Conn., The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

Five states—New York, Colorado, Mississippi, Utah and Wyoming—have enacted seven new laws tightening restrictions on guns since Dec. 14, when a gunman shot 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School before turning the weapon on himself. A sixth state, Connecticut, passed the toughest gun laws in the nation this week, banning some types of semi-automatic weapons and requiring all gun buyers to undergo background checks before purchases. (Gov. Dan Malloy is expected to sign the bill into law on Thursday.)

***

I asked noted futurist Newt Gingrich today about the possibilities of the 3-D printing movement, and whether they made gun bans irrelevant.

“This is one of these things we’re fascinated with,” he said. “If I can find a cheap one, I’m giving [nephew] Robert a 3-D printer for his birthday. The fact is that I think the F-35 has 800 parts that can be manufactured by 3-D manufacturing. 3-D printing is really beginning to be a really sophisticated thing. The question is: How do you think you’re going to control it? I have a 3-D printer. I decide to make gun magazines. You tell me, gee, there’s a federal law against that. You’re going to fine me? They can’t find the guys who are killing each other in Chicago, but you’ll have to register your 3-D printer? I think we’re right at the tipping point of a world that is amazingly different. We have almost no political conversation about it.”

***

“You don’t have a good argument,” Matthews pressed.

“What you want is control,” Pratt said.

“I’m a pretty libertarian guy on things,” Matthews replied.

“We don’t trust people like you,” Pratt countered.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

I could be wrong on both counts, but it seems to me that politics are factoring heavily into decisions about which voices get promoted, and which don’t. In January, MSNBC featured Neil Heslin’s testimony heavily, while Fox News only reported it as a by-product of their outrage over MSNBC’s coverage of it. At the same time, Fox News played over four minutes of Mattioli’s testimony, while MSNBC ignored it, and CNN barely mentioned it.

I’m not sure if Mark Mattioli has made himself available to the media for interviews, but if so, then cable news shows ought to start booking him. Guns are an inherently political issue, but as Mattioli said at that press conference, we shouldn’t play politics with the safety of our children, and we shouldn’t play politics when deciding which of their parents’ voices we’re willing to listen to.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

….Tingles thing fell off!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The only thing on which I can trust the Dems is for them to be Orwellian.

Dusty on April 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

…JugEars is eating it!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Hi Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Obama is an idiot in chief.

He pooh-poohs the idea that there could ever be anything adversarial about the relationship between Americans and their government:

You hear some of these quotes: “I need a gun to protect myself from the government.” “We can’t do background checks because the government is going to come take my guns away.”

Well, the government is us. These officials are elected by you. (Applause.) They are elected by you. I am elected by you. I am constrained, as they are constrained, by a system that our Founders put in place. It’s a government of and by and for the people.

One of the constraints on the federal government is the doctrine of enmuerated powers, which says every act of Congress must be justified by a specific constitutional grant of authority. Where is the clause that empowers Congress to say how many rounds you can put in a magazine or whether your rifle can have a barrel shroud? Furthermore, as Obama surely has heard by now, there is this thing called the Second Amendment, and it is hardly frivolous to argue than an arbitrary and capricious piece of legislation like the “assault weapon” ban Obama supports would violate the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Yet to Obama’s mind, anyone who makes such an argument is one of those “people who take absolute positions” and therefore can be safely ignored. After all, the government is us.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

roflmao Koolaid2

CoffeeLover on April 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Bullets..

Bad…

Law…

Good…

Electrongod on April 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

“I’m a pretty libertarian lobotimized guy on things,” Matthews replied

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Heh, Michelle Obama made Freud very happy today.

1. She said that she’s single.

2. and way bigger a lie, that she’s “busy”.

The lazy azz has staff, lots of it, and has never been busy in all her life, other than moving that inverted hot air balloon and her jaw.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

i’m seeing EVIL DEAD tomorrow and as far as i know, none of the unknown actors in it has said anything libtardic, so i can go see it in peace. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

GhoulAid on April 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Cancer patients in the thousands are not treated if on Medicare.

Obama is out campaigning against your constitutional 2nd amendment and claims that “the government will never be against you”.

If hypocrisy could make them spontaneously combust, if only, if only.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

“I’m a pretty libertarian guy on things,” Matthews replied.

Pyle, you have got to be sh**ting me!!

JohnGalt23 on April 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

What a waste this post is — Just what Obama was attention drawn to in the media, just what I would expect of allahpundit…./

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I’m a pretty libertarian guy on things,” Matthews replied.

“We don’t trust people like you,” Pratt countered.

…and the Earth is still flat.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:51 PM

If hypocrisy could make them spontaneously combust, if only, if only.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

D.C. would be a ghost town.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Is it just me or am I not alone in my disgust with some of these parents from Newtown? I’m sorry their children died at the hands of this sick and twisted human being who deserves to burn in hell for eternity but why do they think they get to trash the Bill of Rights and our freedom because they’re grieving? I’d be just as devastated if not more if anything where to happen to my beautiful babies but my focus wouldn’t be to take rights away from people who had absoulty NOTHING to do with their death.

Shame on the media and bastards like Scott Pelly for their continued exploitation of these people. This media and the leftists who run it are evil.

jawkneemusic on April 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

And WHAT exactly is this Blog doing to HELP this situation?

Answer: NOTHING – It is Demagoguing ONLY the Message that Obama wants the Media to POUND HOME EVERYDAY!!

Day After Day – WHAT is the QOTD? Well – it’s:

-Gay Rights
-Guns and Gun-Grabbing
-Illegal Immigration

Yet WHAT HAPPENED THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY? THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY – A country – North Korea – OPENLY THREATENDED the United States with Nuclear WAR!

WHAT did THIS PRESIDENT DO?

-Did he meet with his Security Council? NO
-Did he get an Intelligence Briefing? NO
-Did he take ANY ACTIONS that one would EXPECT after such a threat? NO

He did this:

– He went to a FUNDRAISER for the DNC
– He went to ANOTHER Fundraiser for the DNC
– He went to a THIRD Fundraiser for the DNC
- And then ANOTHER!!

DID ANYONE Report on THIS? No
DID ANYONE Reprot on how WRONG this was? NO
DID This BLOG report on ANY of This? NOT A WORD

INSTEAD what did THIS BLOG DO?

Guns, Gays, Immigration

NOT HELPING!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

OK, who had guns in my poll this morning?

What will be the topic of Allahpundit’s QOTD tonight?

A. Guns

B. Gays

C. God

D. Immigration

E. All of the Above

F. None of the Above

G. Jackpot! Because, regardless of the subject matter of a poll, there will always be, at least, one Paulistinian, who shows up to say, “If you idiots had only voted for Ron Paul like we ‘TruCons™’ told you to, we wouldn’t have this problem. Hey, who’s up for a new 9/11 Commission?!?!?! Fire can’t melt steel, you know…and did you see the 5 Hasidic Jews dancing in the streets as the Towers fell??? They were the ONLY JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS that came near the WTC that day. All the other JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS, conveniently, stayed home. Hmmmm…..”

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

What would have happened if mmmBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH had reacted That WAY?

Public Crucifixion by The Media – INCLUDING this Blog!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM

“I’m a pretty libertarian guy on things,” Matthews replied.

Yep a regular Ron Paul. How do you fit that in with your warm pee on the leg face from Obama?

arnold ziffel on April 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Yeah!

Rusty Allen on April 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM

This is why I Love you, RWM!!

My apologies if I offended your significant other by saying that……I can’t help it.

It’s true!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM

OK, who had guns in my poll this morning?

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Well, personally I picked “Gay illegal alien guns”.. But I’m a bit of a fatalistic cynic these days.. O_O

SWalker on April 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

This is why I Love you, RWM!!

It’s true!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I love you, too. Although I have no idea about that you speak, no worries. You didn’t offend anyone. :-)

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

The TruCons™ pejorative was dreamed up by the Mitt onslaught during the primaries against all who criticized him. I don’t know if the Ronulans ever claimed that label as their own.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

H. No one cares what the topic is, except williamg (calm down, dude). It doesn’t matter at all. Don’t blame AP either. The second after he hits the “submit” button on the QotD post, he’s off, beer and cats close by.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

“I’m a pretty libertarian guy on things,” Matthews replied.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means…

…sort of like “racism.”

Someone, PLEASE, get this idjit a dictionary.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

He’s right … … … in North Korea!

VorDaj on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

This is why I Love you, RWM!!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I would too, except it appears she has a thing against people named Jay. Intolerance, even for a name as silly as Jay, is hurtful.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Illegayaliens want a bath house at the meat packing plant.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Someone, PLEASE, get this idjit a dictionary.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM

It wouldn’t help. He uses the same one as Bill Maher.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I SHOULD be calmer, Schade…..you are right…….

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

‘Tis true. We usually don’t last a page before going off topic, but, seriously, this endless culture war crap is getting old. EVERYnight.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

SWalker on April 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

That sounds like the latest SciFi channel movie.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

If we had remotely savvy street-fighting Republican leaders they would be leading a concerted campaign right now to destroy Obama’s credibility, finish him off once and for all. Now is the moment to cashier this lying POS for good, with this gun control issue. Start analogizing the broken promises and lies about Obamacare with the no-confiscation promises. Mock him at every turn. Dig up all his broken promises and start a litany, repeat it every time they’re in front of a camera. They should be coming out every day with “one more falsehood” and “the American people simply can’t believe or trust what this man says anymore.”

If…

rrpjr on April 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM

,aser like focus on jobs is out the window,,,, huh?

wolly4321 on April 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM

williamg

Relax.

They’ve been doing that for sixty years.

At worst the Norks get a few hundred thousand lefties on the West coast before being turned into radioactive dust.

catmman on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I think we need one leap QOTD to get back in sync. This one is for tomorrow’s QOTD.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Been using it for years to describe Alex Jones and his fellow nutters.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Illegayaliens want a bath house at the meat packing plant.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

…am I the only one…that had to read that first word about three times…before I started laughing?

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I’d not seen it before last winter.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Why? I refuse to be pigeonholed by QOTD. I make a point to keep as far off topic as possible, no matter what the topic.

I live to annoy the thread monitors.

And to answer your next question…you are correct. I have no life.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I simply LOVE the use of the word “Idjit”!! My mother used to say that…..she 100% irish!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Why do they want more women to be raped? It boggles the mind.

John the Libertarian on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

The lazy azz has staff, lots of it, and has never been busy in all her life, other than moving that inverted hot air balloon cement mixer and her jaw backhoe.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

VorDaj on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

“All he wants now is the money… He’s lost on gun control. Do you think any of this is going to make any difference? It’s not going to make a bit of difference…. Knowing all that he’s out there now exploiting it as an issue. He’s not going to get the solution he wanted, so he’ll make an issue and that’s how he operates. He does it on immigration. He does it on a lot of stuff. If you can’t win on a solution or get your way, you turn it into cash. He’s excellent in turning stuff into cash.”

pt on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Haha. The Illegayaliens meat packing union local 69 is having a meating at Ben and Jerry’s. Just knock on the back door, plenty of parking in rear.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Its the simple pleasures that make life worth living.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

=laser.

Btw, how’s that $85 billion/month easing infinitum going? On schedule?

wolly4321 on April 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

At the end of the day, after every precaution in the world has been taken, you still have to accept a certain level of chaos in any system.

That was the whole premise of Jurassic Park.

John the Libertarian on April 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM

“I’m the real conservative in this race.”

- Texas Congressman Ron Paul

Close.

“As I have said so many times, it’s time that we do study and, and understand from a conservative view, conservative viewpoint on how much we should be engaged around the world. That is a neoconservative viewpoint and not true conservatism…”

- Texas Congressman Ron Paul

Closer.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I should have said, just bang on the back door.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Is there a name for two words that are spelled the same, mean the same, but are pronounced differently?

Like roof and roof.

Or creek and creek

Or crayfish and crayfish.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

“… I am elected by you. I am constrained, as they are constrained, by a system that our Founders put in place. “

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

The mask keeps slipping off…

… It’s as if ruling with unlimited power is a bad thing.

Stupid Founders…!

Seven Percent Solution on April 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I only have a thing against people named Jay, who also have the nicknames of Baghdad Jay, Benghazi Jay, Cairo Carney, Circus Carney, and the SpokesKid and personally know 3 Hilary Rosens.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I should have said…

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM

What you should have said…was nothing.

You are way too knowledgeable on the subject to not be intimately involved.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Well, there is lots wrong with that. But hey, whatever floats your boat…as long as it is legalish.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Who said the following?

“There could ever be anything adversarial about the relationship between the people and their government?’ (ht: Shad)

1) Joesph Stalin
2) Adolf Hitler
3) Kim Ill
4) Barack Obama
5) All of the above

VorDaj on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

How about two words that are spelled the same, mean the same, and are pronounced the same. What would you call them?

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I think I’ve read others talking about being the “real conservative”, etc. I just had never seen the abbreviations TruCon or TrueCon until last winter.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

“There could never be anything adversarial about the relationship between the people and their government?”

VorDaj on April 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

VorDaj on April 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 11:28 PM

+1 to Mr. Pratt and Gun Owners of America, they’ve been awesome!

FloatingRock on April 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Dittos.

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I SHOULD be calmer, Schade…..you are right…….

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Yes you should, you are seeing conspiracies where none exist. Hot Air is a political blog, it’s also somebodies place of employment. For Ed, Allahpundit and Erica, this is both how and where they make their living.

Try starting your own blog, it’s way way harder than you might think. Allahpundit pumps out, what? 10 articles a day? Dude, that is so much harder than you think. I have y own blog, RWM has her’s Kingjester has his. We all cut Allahpundit and Ed a lot of slack because we know just how difficult it is to attract and retain the kind of traffic Hot Air generates.

Guns, gays’ and illegal immigration are the hot political subjects right now. Allahpundit and Ed have been doing this for a long time. There are a lot of people who comment, you can see that in how many comments are made on each thread. But what you don’t see is that for ever person that comments there are probably 20 to 100 who read the articles and then the comments, but never comment. Allahpundit and Ed do see those numbers.

Threads that get a ton of views and comments will get recycled over and over and over for as long as they continue to generate comments and page views, it’s that simple, call it a basic business practice of any successful blog.

SWalker on April 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

You are so right on!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Hi INC.

Good one. Mega Dittoes

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Hating The Sex Pistols becomes a “Hate Crime” in the UK…

And Now, It’s A Crime To Hate The Sex Pistols…Seriously.

Bonkers.

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Napoleon Bloomberg has lost his marbles… The mishugene billionaire has issues… Regulating sodas, and salt and sugar… What is wrong with him?

The country is collapsing…the Middle East is burning…the Korean Peninsula is about to explode… and we are obsessed with gay marriage…

The minority sexualists are 3% of the population… You would think 50% of the country is gay from the media… They’re only 3%…

The artificial borders that the British and French colonists imposed on the Middle East are collapsing… The Sykes-Picot era is coming to an end… You’ve seen nothing yet… All the tribes and sects in the Middle East are fighting it out… They wish to establish nations where their own kind are dominant… Sunnis, Shiites, Alawites, Arabs, Kurds, Turks, Persians, Pashtuns, Punjabis…

We are nearing bellum omnium contra omnes, the war of all againstall…

The criminal Gang of 8 is planning to screw you behind closed doors… The 2 gangs – the Bloods and the Crips have it all worked out… They are going to grant amnesty to 30 million criminal illegal alien invaders, primarily from Mexico, who are going to change America forever… They are gonna put the final nail in the coffin of America… Big Government, Big Business, Big Labor – they’re all in on it… Who represents the average American worker? You have no representation. You’ve been disenfranchised. You’ve let the Hispanic mobs steal the country out from under you… Never before in history has a nation let invaders come in and conquer it without a shot being fired… This is the first time in history this has ever happened… Is Kosovo a precedent for the Southwest?

This dance is only the beginning…

Blessings Always, Shlomo

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on April 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Resist We Much on April 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Heh, today the stupidest thing was that Michelle said “I’m a busy single mom”. I linked it, above.

How has she ever been “busy”?

Even now, with 40 servants, her mother takes care of her kids.

It’s not the “single” that was hilarious…she, his beard…but the “busy” part.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Jay is fine. Now “Josh” that grates on me as much as Chloe. Just my 3 cents.

arnold ziffel on April 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I SHOULD be calmer, Schade…..you are right…….

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Yes you should, you are seeing conspiracies where none exist.

Hey! You didn’t let me Finish!……Yeah, to some people, I probably “should” be calmer – but I am probably not Going to be! That’s how that word “probably” cuts both ways – represents more than one possible future. Secondly – you should not judge my “calmness” by a virtual thread post. HTML does not capture tone of voice and emotive content accurately.

Thirdly – No – I am Not seeing “conspiracies” where they don’t exist. I never said anything About a “conspiracy”….and, frankly I don’t see one, here.

I AM seeing stupidity and laziness where it DOES exist – the laziness to echo the O’s Demagoguery Points day, after day, after day. As more that one of us has pointed out – THIS is not a coincidence. It KEEPS happening every day. True laziness – and true Un-Helpfulness. When so many notice – it’s not just a perception.

Finally – PLEASE don’t lecture me about the “hard work” of allah and ed in “attracting traffic” and that we should “cut them some slack”. JEEEEZ! Cut US some slack! They have it easy – compared to A LOT of people!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hiya everyone :-)

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on April 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM

It’s a fracking disaster in the making is what it is…

Makes me wanna gag…

Scrumpy on April 4, 2013 at 11:47 PM

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Identical.

As in a in the presence of b is a.

By the way, that b is the man she’ll love.

Usually b is called an “identity” for a in math.

Software calls both words instances. As far as one is two, one is always two; everything that makes a, a, continues to make a, a, as long as it has every single attribute of a.

You’ll need to get this for actual AI. Not that idiot MIT BS where you toss a ball at a neural network and wait for it to speak. If God were an atheist, there’d be no mankind.

But I’m not telling you how ’cause I made that decision a long time ago. You’ll make a prostitute and then you’ll make a soldier and then you’ll make a slave.

This is why I Love you, RWM!!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM

We have to share our Resist. :)

Sort of like Jackie. You’d need adamant antlers and more peanut butter in all of Georgia to survive the rutting-wars for some of these womens.

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Say what you will william :-)

Let loose!

I wish I could sometimes…

Scrumpy on April 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Mega Dittoes

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Hey, Sparky!

INC on April 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Go start your own damned blog and do your b!tcing and complaining there then.

SWalker on April 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

If allahpundit was seeing the flow of reality and reflecting it – he probably would have had the QOTD be on Moochelle’s “I’m single mother” comment or – how about this: O’s Continuous Campaigning and Fundraising WITHOUT consulting his Security Staff or even HAVING an Intelligence Briefing in the Face of an Actual Threat of Nuclear Attack on the U.S. by another Country, er – Dictatorship/

THAT would be Helpful! Which is why I’m here: I’m here to Help – and I’m NOT from The Government!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Guns, Gays, Immigration

NOT HELPING!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

You know, hysterics will only get you a reputation as a drama queen.

Solaratov on April 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Do you have a clever poof for that?

Sounds interesting but without poof no question can be Axed.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

God Bless all and to all a Good Night!

* SWOOSH *

Scrumpy on April 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM

The poof?

You can’t handle the poof. (:

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Hahahahahhaaha! So right!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM

You know, hysterics will only get you a reputation as a drama queen.

Solaratov on April 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

REEEAAALY?…….Please – DO tell us about it!

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM

If…

rrpjr on April 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM

You always say it great.

arnold ziffel on April 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

B9 is mine.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

* SWOOSH *

Scrumpy on April 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

*sniffs self*

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

The most revealing quote today was Michelle Obama calling herself a single Mom. This is the liberal in full victimhood array, so accustomed as she is to using the language of oppression to describe what truly has been a charmed life. The only surprise is that she didn’t refer to herself as a black single Mom.

bobs1196 on April 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM

@cozmo, are you an atheist?

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Its the simple pleasures that make life worth living.

cozmo on April 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Sigh!……..You are SO right!……Thank you…….

williamg on April 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Btw, how’s that $85 billion/month easing infinitum going? On schedule?

wolly4321 on April 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I wonder how long they can keep doing that before “the value of a dollar” becomes a joke.

Solaratov on April 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Trust government? All you need to know about registration is in California, now. Its not paranoia when its already fact.

Attorney General Lockyer Announces Record Number of Assault Weapons Seized in Orange County

California Senate approves $24 million for gun confiscation program

TSA Confiscates Record Number of Guns at U.S. Airports in 2012

Guns of Law-Abiding Husband Confiscated After Wife’s Single Voluntary Mental Health Visit

California seizes guns from owners – and it might become a national model

In California, the government is already coming for the guns.

Notwithstanding the Second Amendment, rules and regulations across the United States outline certain restrictions for who can legally possess a firearm. In the state of California, factors such as a felony conviction or a history of mental health issues mean roughly 20,000 gun owners are holding onto their firearms illegally. Slowly but surely, though, Golden State police officers are prying them away. There’s more, though: backers of the program suggest this becomes a nation-wide practice, and are asking the White House to help make it happen.

“Very, very few states have an archive of firearm owners like we have,”

Speakup on April 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

bobs1196 on April 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Heh, the big surprise was that she called herself a “busy single mom”.

She has never been “busy” in all her life, not with anything productive. She now has 40 servants and her mom takes care of her kids. That was the dummy-funny of the day.

The inverted balloon opened her mouth and then recovered even more stupidly “well, you know, when you’re married to the president you feel kind of single”. Head with no brains, both of them.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM

@cozmo, are you an atheist?

Axe on April 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM

How can cozmo possible be an atheist when he holds such strong religious convictions regarding the evils of wearing pants? O_O

SWalker on April 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM

You can’t handle the poof. (:

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I can’t handle not checking in. Aside from more than a passing interest in the aforementioned womens — I do have a pulse — I had to go do a bunch of web stuff first, so you guys have been in my face for days. Ever tried to read the comments and NOT say anything?

Torture, man. :)

Axe on April 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Btw, how’s that $85 billion/month easing infinitum going? On schedule?

wolly4321 on April 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Solaratov on April 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Are you attempting to suggest that the “Value of the dollar” isn’t already a joke? When was the last time you went to the gas station or grocery store?

SWalker on April 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Solaratov on April 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

It is already a joke.

China and Australia will not use it any more, soon.

Schadenfreude on April 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM

B9 is mine.

SparkPlug on April 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Your antlers.

Axe on April 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Go start your own damned blog and do your b!tcing and complaining there then.

SWalker on April 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM

You know, my San Onofre, Zoomie-Catching friend – I am doing something that is helping and is much more in alignment with my chosen/acquired vocation, and many would say it is more difficult that pressing “send” on Obama’s talking points and retiring to the cats and beer.

So is everyone else here.

We’re all doing what we can – and we all have our cross to bear.

allahpundit could improve how he’s (or maybe IF he’s) bearing his. When one chooses to put themselves out into the public eye with their chosen vocation – like he has (even though he hides behind a pseudonym), getting feedback in public is part of the grist that comes with the territory and keeps your mill running. Let not your heart be troubled.

Relax.