Bolling, Kelly on Rutgers’ coach: “Wussification of America” or over-the-top?

posted at 9:21 pm on April 4, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

For some quick followup to Allahpundit’s obligatory post, the firing of Rutgers’ basketball coach Mike Rice was one of the topics du jour among the chattering classes the past couple of days. Several of the MSNBCers today were shocked, appalled, and aghast, not merely by the coach’s — er, intensity? — but by Fox host Eric Bolling’s characterization of the incident as evidence of the “wussification of American men.” Bolling took a turn on Megyn Kelly’s show this afternoon to defend his comments, and they got into it a bit panel — so what do you think? Sure, maybe this went kind of over-the-top, but peeps needs to calm down and toughen up? Or a too much of a traumatizing, “degrading,” and “humiliating” attitude for any coach to have?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wow. Unhinged poster is unhinged.

22044 on April 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Unhinged?. Yes, posters with opposing viewpoints always laugh when they become unhinged. (But, it could just be that you’re both clowns, too) By the way, your girlfriend M240H(=homo ?…lol)should learn to write english correctly.

DevilsPrinciple on April 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

DevilsPrinciple on April 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Heh.
I never see you post anywhere else on HG, but you’ll come on here and bash strangers on the interwebs.
OK, then.

22044 on April 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM

He called some guys the dreaded gay slur. THAT’S why he got fired. The gay mafia demanded it. The liberal media demanded it.

He could have kicked those guys all over the court and at most just got a warning about it.

Moesart on April 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

The world that I, and the vast majority of the planet’s denizens, inhabit is not very “comfy”. Nor is that world “set up (my) head”, it’s reality. It is harsh, and survival in it depends on an individual not only acting within his own known societal dictates, but also upon his given biological endowments. That you perceive a socially granted ability to limit your efforts in order to demonstrate a societal norm, i.e. conformity, only shows, clearly, that you exist within a exceptionally stratified existence upon this orb.

That is, you are a puke in a comfy corner of the globe.

M240H on April 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I will remind you that you are the one who “accused” me of “behaving as a woman.” That means you are conforming to your limited experience of having read Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus one too many times (which is one time for most people).

bmmg39 on April 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM

The “coach” was an out of control idiot who has no business being paid by a University. No self respecting person would put up with that treatment. If he had touched me he would haven given one warning. Those of you who support him are morons.

Basilsbest on April 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM

M240H on April 5, 2013 at 1:18 AM

TRANSLATION : I have my head up my A$$ !!!…LOL!

DevilsPrinciple on April 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM