Dr. Ben Carson: White liberals are the most racist people out there

posted at 5:21 pm on April 2, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite and MFP. Between his prayer-breakfast speech, his gay-marriage comments and now this, I wonder how long it’ll be before left-leaning teachers start dropping his story Black History from lesson plans. How does being a world-renowned neurosurgeon qualify you to be a role model when you’re on The Wrong Side of History?

Two clips here, one from last night’s Mark Levin show and the other from NRO of Leo Terrell throwing one of his trademark tantrums at Hannity for “creating a monster” in Ben Carson. For further reading, try this characteristically interesting piece by John McWhorter, who knows how it feels to be sneered at as a black conservative even though he’s a self-described “contrarian Democrat.” McWhorter’s progressive sin is acknowledging that racism isn’t as bad as it used to be; because it isn’t, he argues, people need to cut fellow contrarians like Carson, whose politics might be “unhelpful” to the cause, some slack. After this interview I’m thinking that’s … unlikely.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Well,I watched SpeilBerg’s Movie Lincoln last night,
and it appears,that the LIBERALS,are still as racist,

as they were back in 1864-1865,……

actually,I think,its worse today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on April 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

crosshugger on April 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

It’s among the confused middle-class warriors for welfarism. They have failed, and failed miserably, to reckon with one of the iron laws of modern politics – which is that the more reliant you are on the welfare state, the more experience you have of it and the less you love it. And by extension, the further removed you are from the welfare state, the less experience you have of it, the more you can fantasise about its virtues and grow to love it. Or at least their imaginary versions of it.

Welfare Reform: It’s Class War, But Not In The Way You’d Expect

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

He knows exactly what to say to climax the right wingers. I see a successful Fox News career.

lester on April 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Like you have any experience with climaxes.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Dr. Ben Carson: White liberals are the most racist people out there

Yeah, they are so racist that more than 90% of them voted for the son of a Kenyan dude in the last two presidential elections… *shaking my head*

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

LOL. “PROOF!!”

You’re a living parody of a human.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on April 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

White guilt.
There are plenty of qualified patriots who are black. Zero’s only ‘qualifications’ were his far leftism and his skin tone.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

You seem to think it’s a big deal what Limbaugh thinks.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

yet you listen to him obsessively, not me.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

apparently, Dr. carson is not familiar with the KKK

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

i.e., ignore the race card.
sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

You ignore the man and his accomplishments because of his race. Rather ironic.

Dongemaharu on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Obama was an acceptable Kenyan to liberals. Clean, articulate, Marxist, socialist.

Rockshine on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

lester on April 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Like you have any experience with climaxes.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Exactly. Lester doesn’t even understand what the fuss is about babies born from botched abortions. Saying that a baby born of a botched abortion IS a human being, a full citizen, and entitled to each and every right Lester, himself, enjoys is evidence of “religiously-driven nuttery.”

What’s religion got to do with it? Murder is a crime and a child separate from its mum’s body is a full-human being. Even if one supports abortion (I don’t), the woman’s “right to choose” was “terminated” the moment that child separated from her body. Such is based upon the law, not religion.

Lester’s reasoning can be found on prominent display in Dred Scott.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

apparently, Dr. carson is not familiar with the KKK

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Which was started by DEMOCRATS as an anti-republican terror group. Thanks for playing, anyway.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

lester on April 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM

How can you see anything…with your face stuck between lil barry’s butt-cheeks?

You’re an idiot.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

the KKK were not white liberals

they were conservatives…since democrats used to be conservative while republicans were liberals

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM

You make my arguments better than I do! I appreciate it. I’m not trying to change your mind, far from it. I completely agree that the GOP is totally sunk. I’m not implying that you’re afraid, I just asked what you’re afraid of. I mean in a general sense. Like you seriously fear nothing?

I fear plenty of things. I fear for the country due to one party rule. I think that’s probably going to be a problem. I fear that we can’t actually do anything about our entitlement programs that will run out of money. It is politically impossible to do anything about it. And I fear a culture where only one political party controls all levers of discussion about “race”.

The GOP just doesn’t understand how to talk about race. No matter how “un-xenophobic” I might think I am, I’m destined to be labeled as xenophobic and racist because I think it might be better for the government to be a bit more limited in its spending. But we can’t convince “minority” voters (or women, actually) about this because all they “hear” from us is, “get to the back of the bus, we’re gonna put y’all back in chains, and get in this binder.”

I really see no future in the GOP because of the “race” issue. It actually doesn’t matter if we joined the Dems on every “policy” idea in the world. We’d still lose because the Dems “won race”.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

apparently, Dr. carson is not familiar with the KKK

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I am willing to bet that he is quite knowledgeable on the subject of the KKK. I am further willing to bet that he is more knowledgeable than you are on just about every subject other than making excuses for and ass-kissing Obama.

you could tell at the end that [Obama] was missing [baskets] on purpose…prob to connect by seeming more ordinary

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Oh, brother.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

You ignore the man and his accomplishments because of his race. Rather ironic.

Dongemaharu on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

what?

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I didn’t say ‘liberals’-I said ‘Democrats’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

the KKK were not white liberals

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

The KKK tried to disarm blacks, southern conservatives fought back and formed the NRA (amongst other viable reasons). But you keep reading the rewritten history books. I’m sure that they will include entire chapters devoted towards your hero.

nobar on April 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I dont give a rats behind what you said

I was addressing what Carson said

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Rockshine on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Hilarious. So, white libs are super duper racists, but if a black guys looks good and has some interesting ideas then they will be willing to campaign for him?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:42 PM

You are right, the KKK was started by conservative Democrats to fight against liberal Republicans.

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

You are the least intelligent person to have ever spilt their drool cup into their keyboard while mashing out the most inane crap.

Congrats patriot.

tom daschle concerned on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

utter fail. no, dear, it clearly doesn’t mean that.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Actually, princess, it does mean that. Either learn how to use English or just slither back under your rock.

And, you’ve always supported and condoned use of the race card before. What’s wrong this time?

You’re an idiot.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

nobar on April 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

so the NRA was formed to help blacks?

ahahahHAAHAHAHAhahahahahahhaAHAHAHahahaha

I’m crying Im laughing so hard!….never heard that one before

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

nobar on April 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

The KKK was formed at first to go after Northern ‘carpetbaggers’. A Blacks were-at first- targeted because they were mostly republicans.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
yet you listen to him obsessively, not me.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Who said I that? You make more comments about him I do. Again, obsessed.

Let’s discuss two words. Hypocrite and irony.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM

apparently, Dr. carson is not familiar with the KKK

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Hey Lucky Pierre…as an FYI…

“Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different – and often warring – organizations that use the Klan name.”

The circles Dr. Carson runs in….I’m sure he’s met a lot more white liberal racists.

And while I don;t think Dr. Carson met democrat/liberal hero Kleagle Robert Byrd…but I’m sure he was familiar with him.

HumpBot Salvation on April 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM

You ignore the man and his accomplishments because of his race. Rather ironic.

Dongemaharu on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
what?

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

It’s exactly what you’re doing.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Rather telling how mad the trolls get when a black man gets uppity and wanders off their plantation.

CurtZHP on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

LOL

That must be an april fools joke, right?

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

the KKK were not white liberals

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

LOL! Have you ever read any of Justice Hugo Black’s opinions? He was appointed to the Supreme Court by FDR and was a member of the KKK.

Also, which Progressive President screened “Birth of a Nation” at the White House and called the movie about the KKK “history shot with electricity.”

He also said:

“I do approve of the segregation that is being attempted in several of the departments. I think if you were here on the ground you would see, as I seem to see, that it is distinctly to the advantage of the colored people themselves that they should be organized, so far as possible and convenient, in district bureaus where they will center their work.”

And…

“Segregation is not humiliating but a benefit, and ought to be so regarded by you gentlemen.”

And…

“We want one class of persons to have a liberal education and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class of necessity in every society, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks.”

And…

[Applauding the annexation of Puerto Rico and the Philippines, he said] “they are children and we are men in these deep matters of government and justice.”

And…

Said that his first recollection as a child was of hearing the “horrible” news that Abraham Lincoln had been elected President and would free the slaves.

Is it not true that this President is one of Progressives shining lights and is routinely cited as one of the best presidents in the history of the US by leftist intellectuals?

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Troll. No republicans were republicans. The Democrats lineage is racist….

you’re so pathetic.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Have you ever met Otis McDonald(as in McDonald v Chicago)? I have. He’s an NRA supporter…and he ain’t white. Not all blacks fall for the left’s revisionist history.
Sucks to be you.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM

And, you’ve always supported and condoned use of the race card before.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I know you weren’t addressing me, but I’d like to say that I fully support and condone any use of the “race card” if it helps protect this nation from utter insolvency.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:54 PM

so the NRA was formed to help blacks?

ahahahHAAHAHAHAhahahahahahhaAHAHAHahahaha

I’m crying Im laughing so hard!….never heard that one before

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You probably should stop laughing long enough to go and do some research. The NRA was founded during Reconstruction and was in great part a direct response to the South’s attempt to disarm blacks.

“It is reported that in some parts of this State (South Carolina and throughout the South), armed parties are, without proper authority, engaged in seizing all fire-arms found in the hands of the freedmen. Such conduct is in clear and direct violation of their personal rights as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, which declares that ‘the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’”

- Union General Rufus Saxton reporting to the U.S.Congress, 1870

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” (Joe) Biden said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Biden’s a Republican?

CW on April 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

You should probably read up on your “progressive” heroes. Especially regarding the eugenics abortion movement. You may be mildly surprised.

Racism you say? You should read up a bit on Woodrow Wilson. But you probably think Woodrow Wilson was a “conservative”, right?

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

LOL

That must be an april fools joke, right?

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Nah, nobrain is the joke. His Obama asslicking is legendary.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

“you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
– Joe Biden (R)( D )

Oops .

CW on April 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM

As a non white Republican, I am tired of the White Liberals using the race card as a weapon.

Hurts to have the whole Deck of Race Cards shoved down your throat doesn’t it, Sesquipedalian?

portlandon on April 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The whole liberal agenda is based on cards…race, anti-sem, homophobe, bitter-clinger etc.

I have actually posted some stuff where all their cards were used in a single reply. Was one of my proudest moments.

I knew Dr. Carson would be coming under attack. If he continues, he will expose what that 1964 CRA did to set race relations back rather than advance them. I’d like to see Justice Thomas, Bill Cosby, Herman Cain and others step up in his defense and move the discussion forward. Let the libz find something harder to fight.

teejk on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Oops .

CW on April 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM

That was a moment when he was being a conservative.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

CurtZHP on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Ah… I see that you’ve read the comments here and on other conservative blogs the nights Obama was elected and re-elected.

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

what makes you think i’m afraid?

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Everything you post, nancy-boy.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

But you probably think Woodrow Wilson was a “conservative”, right?

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Honest question, but wasn’t pretty much everyone conservative before the late 50s? I don’t think the term liberals existed before then.

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

“my only concern is small government” is balderdash and we all know it.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

“We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

Margaret Sanger- Conservative….

Oops

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM

teejk on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Yep, and it works. It will continue to work. We should come to our senses and figure out how to use it instead of crying about it.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

And now we get right down to it. There was no conservatism before socons came along. Just how stupid are you. I’d ask you to look into the first “Progressive” president: Theodore Roosevelt.

nobar on April 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

i.e., ignore the race card.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

We do.

You and yours can’t.

It’s an essential part of your nature.

Leftists are racists…and you’re a racist idiot.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM

“[N]*groes present the great problem of the South.”

Margaret Sanger renowned conservative.

Ooops.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Honest answer: you need to read more and type less.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the N@gro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the N@gro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

Margaret Sanger, the hero of the left.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

You’re like ten right?

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Er, no. I suggest that you start reading at the Pietism Movement and continue on through… First, they were Reformers, then they became Progressives, then they became Liberals…

“I am that kind of Liberal.”

- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, New York Democratic State Convention address, Syracuse, New York, 29 September 1936

Your knowledge of American history is astonishingly atrocious.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM

“my only concern is small government” is balderdash and we all know it.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Oh, you caught me! I’m also concerned with oppressing minorities and women. But with a smaller and more limited government too!

But seriously, you should teach us how to use the race card more effectively. Otherwise we’ll never win another national election and politics will be basically over. It probably already is.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

”I think one man is just as good as another so long as he’s not a n**ger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a white from dust, a black from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman.”

Harry Truman

nonpartisan you’re so ignorant.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

After posting something like that, do you really not understand why people here do not take you serious. Just proves why you are looked at with ridicule and pity.

opustx on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

again, as long as you believe that non-whites are that gullible, you won’t get it.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

opustx on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

my point was that pretty much everyone back then, democrat or republican, would be considered a conservative today

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

You certainly believe they are. FO scumbag I am outa here.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM

You certainly believe they are. FO scumbag I am outa here.

CW on April 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM

nobody was talking to you anyway.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM

CurtZHP on April 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Lil barry has never left the plantation. He thrives and loves it there; and his fervent wish is that all blacks remain there.
In fact, your obamassiah has done more than any other human to separate the races and even try to exacerbate their differences.

You’re an idiot.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

This is a good start. I don’t believe that “non-whites” are any more gullible than other people that vote for the Dems. But you guys have seriously cornered the “non-white” electorate, no? I just want to know how you did it. Do you think it’s possible for the GOP to convince non-whites to vote for them? What would need to change?

My opinion is that the GOP is incapable of winning another national election and my hunch is it has something to do with race. Do you agree? If so, perhaps you could elaborate for me, if you’d be so kind.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

remember when “conservatives” used to deplore the race card?

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Remember when Democrats supported slavery…?

Seven Percent Solution on April 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I don’t think the term liberals existed before then.

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

That’s because you’re stupid.

And an idiot.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Your “points” have been demolished. You and the only point you have left – the one on the top of your head – are dismissed.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Pro tip: the GOP should become as raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist as those “white liberals”. Trust me, that’s what ethnic minorities are longing for.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Interesting. So the guy is President of the United States, Commander in Chief of the most powerful armed forces on Earth, Leader of the Free World, etc. but according to you, he is still in the “plantation”. I wonder why you think that. could it be… no, it can’t be because he is black, right? Oh dear, don’t tell me that you too are as raaaaaaaaaaacist as those “white liberals”, that would be too sad.

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Yeah, they are so racist that more than 90% of them voted for the patently disqualified son of a Kenyan dude in the last two presidential elections, for no other reason than his skin color… *shaking my head*

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Fixed that for ya, champ.

Midas on April 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Fixed that for ya, champ.

Midas on April 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

So they voted for Obama, gave record amounts of money to his campaigns, hung his poster on their walls, etc. for no other reason than his skin color yet they are raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist?

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

lmao! wow…

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

And so now [hopefully] you realize just how idiotic white liberals are when they make those kinds of claims against the Tea Party when they support black Conseravatives. Now go lecture Chris Matthews on the stupidity of that “dog whistle” nonsense.

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

lmao! wow…

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No kidding. If Obama wanted to be more “ordinary,” maybe he should have sank more than 2 baskets out of 22 or, hey, how’s this for an idea? Cut back on the lavish vacays and opt for camping trips like ordinary peeps or is that an idea that is, um, too “ordinary”?

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

The lesson here? White liberals don’t like being called “racist.” And yet, hypocritically, they are the first ones to accuse those who disagree with them of being “racist.” Pathetic white liberals need to stop being so race-obsessed. Until they do, they’re not worthy partners in an adult conversation. Foaming-at-the-mouth nutjobs like drunken Chris Matthews are not good role models, fyi.

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

“my only concern is small government” is balderdash and we all know it.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Well, how about we do an experiment. Let’s actually try small government for once. If conservatives are still whining and complaining, maybe you’ll have a point about racial animus.

Until then, you’re just talking out your *** like usual.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I tend to agree on the white liberals. However, I would say black liberals are not much different. They voted for BARRY out of skin color most likely either way, making their views racist to start with.

TX-96 on April 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

They’re no more gullible than morons like you who actually bought into “hope and change.”

Good Solid B-Plus on April 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

what?

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Carson accomplishes more in ten minutes than you have in your entire life. You smear him solely because he’s a black conservative.

If he were white, you wouldn’t take the time to worry about him. If he were liberal, you’d lionize him.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I didn’t ask you. But since the other troll left maybe you can help. Do you actually have a serious answer to what “ethnic minorities” are “longing for” from the GOP? I mean other than not burning crosses in their lawns, of course. Because that’s what we’re doing now (metaphorically of course. We don’t have Robert Byrd to do it for us anymore. Oh wait.)

What is the GOP is missing with the “race” issue? Because it seems like a really big deal and yet people that self-identify as “conservatives” and “libertarians” spend almost no time discussing this issue together outside of actual policy discussions that are tangentially related to race. There is really no discussion of “race” going on in the GOP.

Will those who you identify as “ethnic minorities” always overwhelming vote for the Democrat party? And if so, how can there be any future at all for the GOP, besides being a feeble and tiny opposition party?

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM

nonpartisan on April 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

lmao! wow…

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

It’s right there in front of my face and yet I simply can’t believe it’s not a joke. It’s like some serious North Korean Dear Leader stuff. It must be a joke. It simply must be. And it’s on April 1! Come on!

It’s a joke….right? Please just come back, You Without Partisanship, tell us it was a joke. That you were just doing, like, an impression of a liberal or something.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM

“my only concern is small government” is balderdash and we all know it.

sesquipedalian on April 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

So wait:

Step 1: You get upset when conservatives make everything about race

Step 2: When conservatives claim they support small government, you say “bull****, you know it’s really about race”

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit. Or something.

Scuse me, I gotta go fix the engine on my roflcopter.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM

cicerone on April 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I dunno. The lesson I see is that they’re way better at the race-card than the GOP. You might not think they’re “worthy partners in an adult conversation” but their methods are winning them elections. I think it would be worth learning how to use the race-card if it meant we could save the Republic from insolvency.

happytobehere on April 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

apparently, Dr. carson is not familiar with the KKK

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Who were all Democrats…

Nutstuyu on April 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 7:3

No, princess, I’m not nearly as racist as you and your ilk. Never have been. Never will be.

Admit it, you simpering queen. If lil barry wasn’t black and bi, you would have voted for the old white broad.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM

For crying out loud, they’re sending kids in here to argue with us!

CurtZHP on April 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM

You want me to admit that I am raaaaaaaaaaaaacist and that I only voted for Obama because he is black and bi? :)

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 8:18 PM

A few weeks ago, a woman called into a radio show and told how Dr. Carson saved her young son’s life. At 5 he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. The parents took him to different hospitals and doctors and were told by all of them that their son was going to die. None of them wanted to take the risk involved with operating. Then, she went to Dr. Carson. He told them that he couldn’t guarantee anything other than he would do the best he could to remove the tumor and save her son. And he did just that. The little boy is now a man with a family of his own. That story can be told over and over again by people from around the world. Ben Carson often took the risk that others would not. He was the first surgeon to perform in-vitro neurosurgery and the first surgeon to separate co-joined twins joined at the head.

Ben Carson is a remarkable human being who has dedicated his life to saving others. He has even spent his own money giving deserving young people the opportunity to go to college. Every time I see people reduce this giant of a man to a mere politician or pundit, i am incredulous at their ignorance and ashamed for them because they view everyone through a narrow political prism. Dr. Carson speaks his mind and is a shining light in this secular, liberal, PC society. God Bless him.

fight like a girl on April 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM

the KKK were not white liberals

nonpartisan on April 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Once again the myth that the two parties switched at some point raises its head. No, the people who founded the KKK (not once, but twice) were Democrats. Like you. And they had and have nothing to do with the modern conservative movement or the Republican party. The GOP never ever embraced racism, segregation, Jim Crow, or black codes, like your party did. Never happened. And we Republicans are proud of our long, long history of standing up for civil rights. And BTW, ever notice that its only people from your side that ever use terms like Uncle Tom, Aunt Jemimah, Token, or House Negro to describe black people with whom they disagree politically. Just you guys. Think about it. And yes, that just happened. Now I suggest you get your racist self back to DKos or PuffHo before your Klucker feelings get hurt.

WarEagle01 on April 2, 2013 at 8:24 PM

fight like a girl on April 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Indeed.

Solaratov on April 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM

White conservatives are cartooned by the Left as More Racist Than Others. One of the beloved memes of these mouth breathers is heaping verbal abuse upon white “conservatives” who criticize O’bama for his policies. They are called “racists” for doing so (Democrat Media Biggie Sam Donaldson confirmed that in my earlier post quote).

A question for our liberals here: I’m widely regarded as a “conservative”, especially here, although I was a lifelong Democrat until 2000. The Party left me, not the other way around. But I would definitely not be considered as a “conservative” member of the Republican Party.

My question: Would you call me a racist if I criticized O’bama for not closing Gitmo?

Del Dolemonte on April 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Wow, pretty much everyone handed nonpartisan and sesquipedalian their asses to them in this thread.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Jaibones on April 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Shaken Baby Progressive Syndrome

Resist We Much on April 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM

fight like a girl on April 2, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Well said.

Philly on April 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Humongous round of applause to those who shot down the trolls!!

^ 5

Scrumpy on April 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

That didn’t take long. Progressive Libertarians don’t like Conservative Black men any more than liberals do.

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Yes, yes, everybody except you.

Please cite for me any instances of Rand Paul’s supposed prejudice.

Capitalist Hog on April 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM

1215 on April 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

The irony of this statement is lost on you, isn’t it. I’ll give you a hint: Liberals voted for the guy due to something superficial. And no, I don’t mean his ideas.

Pattosensei on April 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM

hawkdriver on April 2, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Yes, yes, everybody except you.

Please cite for me any instances of Rand Paul’s supposed prejudice.

Capitalist Hog on April 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I’m talking about you. Rand Paul is a decent human being. He’d be a decent human being in any party.

You on the other hand …