A blessed Easter to all our readers

posted at 12:01 am on March 31, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”

But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.  As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’” — Mark 16 1-7

For this year’s Easter post, I’d like to go back to the homily at last year’s papal Mass.  In his 2012 Urbi et Orbi address, now-Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI proclaimed Surrexit Christus, spes mea (Christ, my hope, has risen), and then explained how each of us in the Christian faith relives the experience of Mary Magdalene on this day:

Every Christian relives the experience of Mary Magdalene. It involves an encounter which changes our lives: the encounter with a unique Man who lets us experience all God’s goodness and truth, who frees us from evil not in a superficial and fleeting way, but sets us free radically, heals us completely and restores our dignity. This is why Mary Magdalene calls Jesus “my hope”: he was the one who allowed her to be reborn, who gave her a new future, a life of goodness and freedom from evil. “Christ my hope” means that all my yearnings for goodness find in him a real possibility of fulfilment: with him I can hope for a life that is good, full and eternal, for God himself has drawn near to us, even sharing our humanity.

But Mary Magdalene, like the other disciples, was to see Jesus rejected by the leaders of the people, arrested, scourged, condemned to death and crucified. It must have been unbearable to see Goodness in person subjected to human malice, truth derided by falsehood, mercy abused by vengeance. With Jesus’ death, the hope of all those who had put their trust in him seemed doomed. But that faith never completely failed: especially in the heart of the Virgin Mary, Jesus’ Mother, its flame burned even in the dark of night. In this world, hope can not avoid confronting the harshness of evil. It is not thwarted by the wall of death alone, but even more by the barbs of envy and pride, falsehood and violence. Jesus passed through this mortal mesh in order to open a path to the kingdom of life. For a moment Jesus seemed vanquished: darkness had invaded the land, the silence of God was complete, hope a seemingly empty word.

And lo, on the dawn of the day after the Sabbath, the tomb is found empty. Jesus then shows himself to Mary Magdalene, to the other women, to his disciples. Faith is born anew, more alive and strong than ever, now invincible since it is based on a decisive experience: “Death with life contended: combat strangely ended! Life’s own champion, slain, now lives to reign”. The signs of the resurrection testify to the victory of life over death, love over hatred, mercy over vengeance: “The tomb the living did enclose, I saw Christ’s glory as he rose! The angels there attesting, shroud with grave-clothes resting”.

Dear brothers and sisters! If Jesus is risen, then – and only then – has something truly new happened, something that changes the state of humanity and the world. Then he, Jesus, is someone in whom we can put absolute trust; we can put our trust not only in his message but in Jesus himself, for the Risen One does not belong to the past, but is present today, alive. Christ is hope and comfort in a particular way for those Christian communities suffering most for their faith on account of discrimination and persecution. And he is present as a force of hope through his Church, which is close to all human situations of suffering and injustice.

May you have a blessed Easter rejoicing in the presence of Jesus Christ in your lives.  I’m including one of my favorite hymns, which our church will sing today and throughout this season until Pentecost.  Unfortunately, I do not have a recording of our parish’s choir singing Tom Conry’s “Roll Away the Stone,” but this version is not bad at all:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

SauerKraut I know you’re still lurking because that is what trolls do. Please show me this Google Christmas Doodle. No not holiday doodle but Christmas doodle. Good luck.You’re so dishonest. Not that your dishonesty is not a given.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Looks like the Islam doodles to me… Same format…
Google Christmas Doodles

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It’s first ZOMBIE DAY! have a happy flesh eating experience(Catholics) since this jesus character is just as fictional as the characters in The Walking Dead. You silly rubes are funny.

Your Mamma loves me on March 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Whatever raises your boat. Happy Easter to you too.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

To you as well.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM

They’re all wrong, not just the ones you don’t subscribe to CW.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Happy Easter anyway.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

At this point, it would be the Passover — which, sadly, has not been given a Doodle either.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Maybe no one on staff is a practicing Jew who has the best standing on which to write a thread? I don’t know. Someone on the other thread about the series The Bible mentioned the idea of someone Jewish doing a series on the Hebrew Scriptures, that it would be better than having Christians undertake such a venture. I would love seeing that, and would certainly tune in.

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Happy Easter Ed and all at HotAir

lexhamfox on March 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

So why come here to this thread and crap all over everyone, can’t you just stay away and do your own thing this morning, or comment up in the headlines on a different topic?

Seems odd you would spend so much time and energy attacking people you don’t know who are mostly just wishing one-another a happy day.

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Happy Easter anyway.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I can’t be happy when someone was sacrificed in my name without my consent, can you?

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Google Christmas Doodles

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Snowmen, snowflakes, candy canes, Santa Claus, presents. Nothing overtly Christian. When you scroll over the “Christmas” doodles, it says “Happy Holidays,” not “Merry Christmas.” Google refuses to acknowledge that Christmas even exists.

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

MJBrutus on March 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

It’s been going on all week to “celebrate” the finale tonight. I work really hard to miss it.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Do you ever come to Hot Air for any purpose other than attacking Christianity?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I wonder if any of the trolls visiting this site will visit online Muslim forums during Ramadan?

We all know the answer to that.

JRidge on March 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Happy Resurrection Day folks……..

Talon on March 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Do you ever come to Hot Air for any purpose other than attacking Christianity?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I don’t attack only Christianity steebo. I speak out against ALL religion. The majority of persons here just happen to be Christians and so I speak in that context, plus I used to be a Christian so it’s what I’m most knowledgeable about.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

They’ve done Christmas stuff in the past too. I wonder if they’ve ever done Hindu or Buddhist themed pages?

I’d be happy if they did none of them because then whiny religious folks wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

You guys get so easily offended… “Whoa is me! They’re not celebrating the death of someone so my sins could be washed away!”

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I’m an atheist. Therefore, my opinions are from both a childhood steeped in religion, and from an adulthood that let me make up my own mind. Personally, I choose to rejoice in others’ happiness rather than complain that they are not “me”.

Frankly, I think it’s a bitter pill to swallow if you assume the position that people are celebrating death, rather than either a man’s life lived purposefully, or Spring’s birth (bunnies/eggs), or hey, a new day dawns and you’re alive!

Peace.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

And have you looked at the Ramadan Google doodle? A minaret, some flag lines, a chalice and a book. Whoa! That’s so damn religious!

Christmas happens to be a time of gift giving, etc so Google’s doodle reflects that… Candy canes, presents, trees, bells, St Nick, etc…

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

You do realize you’re being preachy here, right?

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Do you get this upset when someone holds a door open for you, too? Or allows you to get in line ahead of them at the supermarket? Or lets you go first at the 4-way stop??

Lots of good deeds are done without your “consent”. It’s called GRACE. Learn to embrace it… it will change your life!

Shepherd Lover on March 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Happy Easter to all!

Ted Torgerson on March 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Scrolling over the Ramadan doodle actually makes the word “Ramadan” appear. Scrolling over the “Christmas” doodles, on the other hand, always makes the words “Happy Holidays” appear. See the difference?

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

How about some Christ on Christmas?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Sometimes being pissy is all they’ve got, leave the boy alone.

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Fine. I’ll rephrase.

Do you ever come to Hot Air for any purpose other than attacking religion?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I just wish people weren’t so damn stoopid about it. I went through my uber religious days, I had times where I wasn’t so enamored of it, then I eventually broke free from it and removed the rose colored lenses of religious belief for good.

My life’s never been better. I’m much less vocal than I used to be though… Every once in a while I jump back into the debate and voice my opinion. Mostly after I’ve heard some overly religious sorts spout some nugget of religious inanity…

I’m getting to the point where I don’t speak up about it as much anymore but I feel this urge to answer inane religious comments. ;-)

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

You do realize you’re being preachy here, right?

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 11:50 AM

LOL! I’m being preachy in response to preaching.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Fine. I’ll rephrase.

Do you ever come to Hot Air for any purpose other than attacking religion?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

yes, I comment on other topics, but mostly on religious topics.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Oh noes! The mouse over wasn’t religious enough for you! Whoa is you!

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:57 AM

LOL! I’m being preachy in response to preaching.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

No, you’re being preachy and uncharitable in response to a bunch of people wishing each other well and sharing their joy with one another.

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Apparently wishing people have a nice day is now “stupid”.

And you wonder why society is cratering before our eyes.

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Peace.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

…well said…hope that some day…things will change again… for you.

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Shepherd Lover on March 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I reserve the right to scoff at “good” deeds done for me that involve the killing of other people… ;-)

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Well, at least you admit that He existed. That’s quite a good start!

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Apparently wishing people have a nice day is now “stupid”.

And you wonder why society is cratering before our eyes.

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Wishing people have a nice day is not stupid, having a holiday that celebrates the death of another individual is what is stupid.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

LOL! I’m being preachy in response to preaching.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

We’re not preaching. We’ve been wishing each other Happy Easter and leaving it at that, with words of joy and encouragement to each other. We haven’t invaded other threads or sites pushing the Christian message, like you are pushing your particular view on us without relent.

So, yes. You’re preaching. We heard you, we don’t believe as you do, yet you keep pushing among us who joined together according to our beliefs. You’re the one in our face and remaining, harping and preaching.

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Well, at least you admit that He existed. That’s quite a good start!

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

That’s not an admission he existed, although a Jesus like character likely existed (excluding the supernatural claims). ;-)

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Good Friday commemorates Christ’s death. Easter is a celebration of his resurrection.

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

LOL! Don’t play semantics with me… You know…

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

But, as I said to another poster who tried to crap all over the joyous occasion of the selection of a new Pope, why choose this day? A happy celebration for others? How does it rain on your parade if today is just Sunday and tomorrow’s Monday? Hear me?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Good try.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

People are doing so in the name of a religious belief event, why does that so chap your hide you feel compelled to insult pretty much everyone here?

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

why choose this day?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

because people are listening/reading?

I never converted from atheists debating me, I converted by listening to atheists talking to other theists and being an impartial judge of what was said… The act of arguing makes people’s beliefs harder to change, but while I’m talking directly to CW or steebo or others, I’m really talking to others who are just reading. I know I’ll never “reach” any of these people but there are others on the fence who aren’t “invested” in the argument who can actually listen and hear what I’m saying.

I imagine most all I say to the uber religious here sounds like what the parents sounded like in Charlie Brown TV shows… Waa waah wa waaahhh wah. They can’t “hear” or “listen” because of their interest in the fight.

But I hear you… I know it seems counterproductive but there it is. Psychology is counter intuitive sometimes. ;-)

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

There’s a 3 to 1 shot that heaven exists. Like those odds?

Vince on March 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

…its Sauer?

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

…well said…hope that some day…things will change again… for you.

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Thanky! Now that’s what Christianity looks like. Happy Easter, friend!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I’m not choosing to insult anyone, I’m simply putting my thoughts out there. If people choose to be insulted, that is there problem.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

…while I’m talking directly to CW or steebo or others, I’m really talking to others who are just reading. I know I’ll never “reach” any of these people but there are others on the fence who aren’t “invested” in the argument who can actually listen and hear what I’m saying…

In a word, preaching.

We’re not.

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My sentiments exactly. I’ll only add that feeding trolls only serves to keep them going. Ignore them and they’ll get bored and go soon enough.

Just got home from mass…I always get spiritually pumped up when “Jesus Christ is Risen Today” belts out from the organ. Happy Easter!

JetBoy on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

He is risen…!!!

A Blessed Easter to everyone!

*clinky!*

(mimosa anyone?)

Seven Percent Solution on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

JetBoy on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

+100

Happy Easter!

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Beer and BBQ today friend!

Vince on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ah. Ok.

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

In a word, preaching.

We’re not.

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 12:16 PM

And a thread dedicated to the furtherment of religious belief where people can live in an echo chamber celebrating the death and supposed resurrection of an idol isn’t preaching?

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Your Mamma loves me on March 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Funny. And I mean funny in a way that that comment tells more about you than those you are purporting to ridicule and insult.

Same goes to SauerKrap537. No one here is forcing you to read this thread..in fact you should have skipped on by it. But your insecurity got the best of you. I feed sad for you.

HumpBot Salvation on March 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I’m not choosing to insult anyone

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

going to church to be indoctrinated and inculcated every Sunday.

I just wish people weren’t so damn stoopid about it

rose colored lenses of religious belief

overly religious sorts spout some nugget of religious inanity

inane religious comments

a holiday that celebrates the death of another individual is what is stupid

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

ooks like the Islam doodles to me… Same format…
Google Christmas Doodles

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Not one mention of Christmas there. Nice try.

Now you keep trying to convince yourself there is no G-d. Good luck.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

There’s a 3 to 1 shot that heaven exists. Like those odds?

Vince on March 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Ooops! Should have said 1 in 3 chance that heaven exists. Heaven, hell, mulch.

Vince on March 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I’m not choosing to insult anyone

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM

going to church to be indoctrinated and inculcated every Sunday.

I just wish people weren’t so damn stoopid about it

rose colored lenses of religious belief

overly religious sorts spout some nugget of religious inanity

inane religious comments

a holiday that celebrates the death of another individual is what is stupid

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Ouch.

Kraut you’re a joke.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Happy Easter. The anti religion bigots are out in full force today spewing hate from their lie hole.

SparkPlug on March 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Since the beginning of man, humans have had a higher power, now the truly smug pretend that they are above it, but they aren’t. They all will find their god, it’s just getting them to admit it. The one thing I can say with certainty, your god is a false one.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Christos anesti.

The Rogue Tomato on March 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Say Kraut show the google Doodle of Jesus on either Christmas or Easter. Seems they can show the pictures of the likes of Chavez and MANY others.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM

SparkPlug on March 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM

They can’t help themselves, they hate all that is good. I plan to enjoy the day with my family and celebrate Jesus. The haters are lonely souls that have sad lives. I pity them. Happy Easter to all.

VegasRick on March 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Every year. Without fail.

I guess you detente with Chritians ended after the election?

You’ve made comment on threads before that you’re not a passive atheist because you claim that when you turned you back on your faith (three separate times) that other Christians and family harrassed you.

I can imagine your obnoxious banter fueling the start of an exchange they wanted nothing to do with. More the truth, no?

Happy Easter all.

He is risen.

hawkdriver on March 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM

It’s a joyous day when trolls show just how miserable they are.

SparkPlug on March 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

your detente with Christians

hawkdriver on March 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

JetBoy on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Thanky! I’m not as savvy as many others here, so I’m liable to engage trolls, gnomes, and Keebler elves. Happy Easter to you too, Jetboy!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 31, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Happy Easter all.

He is risen.

hawkdriver on March 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Happy Easter to you and your family.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM

It’s a joyous day when trolls show just how miserable they are.

SparkPlug on March 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Deep down they know G-d is real….on these threads there is a mixture of their desire to convince themselves(they know they aren’t changing minds here) and their own nasty ugly dispositions.

CW on March 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Watching The Bible while I get ready to cook Easter dinner. All my kids and grandchildren will be here.

A Happy and Blessed Easter to everyone.

fight like a girl on March 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM

JetBoy on March 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Yep, that’s one of my favorites also. I am finding this day exhilarating and hopeful, I’m going to hang on to that feeling as long as I can.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Why are so many non believers filled with such hatred and animus? God loves you anyway and gave his only Son so that you might have eternal life. Whether you accept that or not, does not change the faith and convictions of those who do believe.

fight like a girl on March 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Friends — and many of us know each other a long time — wishing each other Happy Easter isn’t preaching. You said something earlier about semantics? The only way this became ‘preaching’ on the part of any Christians here is because you came in seeking an argument from the outset. Without you doing that, the thread would likely have been simply Happy Easter, we’re have beer, wine, sangria, and lots of food. Except for you, that’s where most of the post would have remained. Again — you are the one instigating any ‘preaching’ on our part. None of us wanted a fight on this High Day, but you keep trying to offend us and force yourself on us. We didn’t ask for this; you imposed yourself into what was meant to be a peaceful happy thread among friends.

Your reason for invading here and sticking around might backfire. Those you hope to impress might ask of us, curious of our faith. I’m curious, too: of all the sites out there, why did you pick this one?

I guess, to put your motive succinctly, it would be, “If I don’t like it, you’re not allowed to enjoy it, either.”

Liam on March 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

A Blessed and joyous Easter to all at Hot Air…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM

It’s a joyous day when trolls show just how miserable they are.

SparkPlug on March 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I don’t rejoice in another’s misery. Pray for them.

unclesmrgol on March 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I don’t know how many of you have heard of Jim and Penny Caldwell.

They believe they have discovered the real Mt. Sinai. They have a lot of youtube videos and a lot of photographic evidence of so many wonderful things. Including the split rock that Moses struck… 4 stories high. This interview is a few hours and filled with photographs and video. They snuck into areas many many times.

This whole area looks like a Hollywood stage set of the Old Testament. It is so incredible. The real Mount Sinai (black on top), a cave directly across on the neighboring mountain (Elisha’s cave), old foundations at the bottom of the mountain (Moses built an alter and gave sacrifices) and a large split rock 4 stories high several miles from the mountain… with rock smoothed (as though by water) coming out of it and a large dry lake bed beneath. and so much more. Detailed information with detailed photos and video.

What is amazing to me is.. people will believe in anything. NASA finds some rock in the antarctic and they say it proves life on Mars. There are TV shows on ghosts, UFO conspiracies and so much more and yet.. here is all this Biblical evidence just sitting in the desert and only now do we hear about it!?

Their website: http://splitrockresearch.org/content/123/Our_Story/Caldwell_Biography

JellyToast on March 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hey, I just emailed you in case you were to busy to stop by. I hope you are having a great day.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Have a fresh ham in the oven, the smell is driving me crazy…
Hoe you are having a great day too darlin’

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

It’s a great day! I’m going to cook a turkey breast and have pork in the crock pot to pull for sandwiches.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Happy Easter, dear friends. Christ is risen indeed! Spent some time reading in Baruch this morning after hearing a reading at Easter Vigil. Words to the wise in our present time. Enjoy the day and be hopeful.

indypat on March 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Happy Easter all.

He is risen.

hawkdriver on March 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Amen

D-fusit on March 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM

If only I’d lived in that time, that I might be the one chosen to carry His cross.

Happy Easter to all—–He has Risen!

~ Rov

Rovin on March 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I don’t have to convince myself of anything at all… You’re the one who keeps going to church to be indoctrinated and inculcated every Sunday. I used to, but no more. There is no good reason to believe the tales of religious institutions, at all.

Think about this a second. You are aware that the Koran claims to be the perfect word of the creator of the universe, right? You’re aware that once having heard this possibility and rejecting it, that you’re destined for an eternity in hell. Needless to say, you and I both are going to hell if this is true.

As crazy as it sounds, imagine if Islam is true and hold that vision in mind for a second, and first appreciate how little sleep you’ve lost over this possibility. Just feel in this moment how carefree you are, and will continue to be in the face of this possibility.

They’re all wrong, not just the ones you don’t subscribe to CW.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM

And yet I am sure none of us feel the need to go to Islamic related religious posts and keep telling the Muslims that they are wrong. Probably because we don’t need to convince ourselves that they are wrong.

philoquin on March 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

philoquin on March 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

” He feels only the pain of his own body,
and he mourns only for himself.” Job 14:22

Cleombrotus on March 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

This is the Azzhole in Chief.

Any decent president would have walked out.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM

A blessed Easter to all our readers

Thanks Ed, it certainly is. Many returns to you, yours, and all those at Hot Air.

He is risen!

Yes, He is!

rukiddingme on March 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM

The tomb is empty.

Glory to His name!

Axion on March 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Happy Easter to all from an agnostic with a church-going wife and kids; I even attended church.

I had a few Peeps this morning, and “accidentally” ate the ears from the chocolate bunny of my middle son. I also had ham…is that ok on Easter Sunday?

Bishop on March 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Easter Sunday Traditions:

Lamb is traditional signifying the Pascal (Christian) Lamb.

Ham is also traditional signifying later Christian freedom from the old Dietary Laws of Judaism.

(My mother alternated each year as I was growing up.)

Hope you have a great day with your family.

workingclass artist on March 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Christ has risen. Hallelujah. Blessings to all. Amen.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I suppose you gave your consent to be born?

Pride blinds you…but God is patient and never tires of forgiving those who ask.

workingclass artist on March 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM

HEY … SauerKraut537 ! . How you been?

It bothers some of my other fellow believers, when you pop in, but NOT me !
The three most important words in the English language:
Jesus Is LORD
…… nothing ……. supercedes that.
Blessed Easter to all . . . . . . . . . . (sorry I’m late getting on here, today)

listens2glenn on March 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Now … continuing . . . . . . . . . . . .
How can you be happy, being conceived born without your consent?

How can you be happy, being separated from God for eternity?

listens2glenn on March 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Blessed Easter to all.

The Lord is risen! He is risen indeed!

AZfederalist on March 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Happy Easter everyone..He is risen and alive and well in this very sin filled world…just wanted to post some lyrics from my favorite worship song..

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.

sadsushi on March 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Christ Jesus Lay in Death’s Strong Bands
By: Martin Luther

Christ Jesus lay in death’s strong bands
For our offenses given;
But now at God’s right hand he stands
And brings us life from heaven.
Therefore let us joyful be
And sing to God right thankfully
Loud sons of alleluia!
Alleluia!

It was a strange and dreadful strife
When life and death contended;
The victory remained with life,
The reign of death was ended.
Holy Scripture plainly says
That death is swallowed up by death,
Its sting is lost forever.
Alleluia!

Here the true Paschal Lamb we see,
Whom God so freely gave us;
He died on the accursed tree
So strong his love to save us.
See, his blood now marks our door;
Faith points to it; death passes over,
And Satan cannot harm us.
Alleluia!

So let us keep the festival
To which the Lord invites us;
Christ is himself the joy of all,
The sun that warms and lights us.
Now his grace to us imparts
Eternal sunshine to our hearts;
The night of sin is ended.
Alleluia!

Then let us feast this Easter Day
On Christ, the bread of heaven;
The Word of grace has purged away
The old and evil leaven.
Christ alone our souls will feed;
He is our meat and drink indeed;
Faith lives upon no other!
Alleluia!

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Be sure to check out how Democrat Search Engine Google is marking this day…

Del Dolemonte on March 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Would you be offended if google wasn’t celebrating Ramadan or Hannukah?

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM

In my post, I never once said I was offended by it, you assumed that.

You really need to have Axelrod give you better material.

E-

Del Dolemonte on March 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Your Mamma loves me on March 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Bless your heart.
Happy Easter!

Mimzey on March 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

He is Risen!

portlandon on March 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Do you ever come to Hot Air for any purpose other than attacking Christianity?

steebo77 on March 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I don’t attack only Christianity steebo. I speak out against ALL religion.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Have you renounced your worship of O’bama and renounced your membership in the Church of the Democrat Party? No.

Del Dolemonte on March 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I don’t attack only Christianity steebo. I speak out against ALL religion.

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

What is your position on the religion of environmentalism, or atheism?

Mimzey on March 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM

SauerKraut537 on March 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Do you condemn the (Democrat) Kenendy clan’s plans to celebrate this fall’s 50th Anniversary of JFK getting murdered? They even have a Facebook Page, and your Huffington Post started the buildup to the celebration in November of 2012.

Del Dolemonte on March 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM