Question for Planned Parenthood official: What should happen to a baby born alive after a botched abortion?

posted at 4:21 pm on March 29, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via John McCormack at the Weekly Standard, some words of wisdom from the Kermit Gosnell school of “women’s health.” Say this much for her: As monstrous as this is, at least she’s consistent. It’s a strange mindset that would suddenly demand that a doctor rescue a baby in peril after giving him the green light to kill it in the womb 10 minutes earlier. The only situation I can think of where someone’s typically asked to switch from assailant to savior in the blink of an eye is when cops or soldiers wound an armed enemy in the course of defending themselves. In all other cases, a person who’s made the decision to kill will, if left uninterrupted, tend to finish the job. Pro-lifers have always argued that it’s silly and arbitrary to make birth (or viability) some key threshold for personhood. In her own ominous way, she’s agreeing with that. If a mother and her doctor have decided to kill, why stop at accidental birth? Why not let them finish the job? Free Gosnell!

As a practical matter, even if Florida’s law requiring rescue is enacted, how many abortionists do you suppose would actually follow it in the privacy of the “exam room” in cases of accidental birth?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Sure we can. Happy Passover. May you have many blessings.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

May God bless you! I hate to admit that I don’t remember your religion. Forgive me. Happy Passover and Happy Easter to you!

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Resist We Much on March 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Ok, stop with the 5″ heels, I have 34 days til I get to see my wife again, don’t make this harder;)cause she rocks heels too;)

MarshFox on March 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Now that is supreme irony not to mention industrial grade hypocrisy.

viking01 on March 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Its difficult to describe the color blue to a blind man. And you fail completely even when you succeed a little.

Last sentence not always easy to see. :)

Axe on March 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

No reason not to remember or to even know and certainly nothing to forgive. I am a Christian and this is a joyful time for all.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM

’m picking five words from your first line; “… those who advocate for abortion …”.
Do those five words include yourself, or were you just playing “devil’s advocate”?

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I see more than half the children being born to single mothers and I think we need to act to discourage single motherhood. This will inevitably mean that some abortion will be encourage, but the alternative is societal decay, real decay–not married gay male couples redecorating apartments in affluent suburbs–but boys being raised in situations which lead to criminal behaviour and drug abuse.

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Oops, not very clear.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

How often do botched abortions produce a living child?

One estimate places it at 44,000.

In what trimester are these children born?

Here’s one at 22 weeks, another at 24 weeks.

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Not necessarily. At least two required the abortionist to pay.

This hospital received a bill for $8.7m, while this guy received a bill for $36m.

rukiddingme on March 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the one place Obamacare will save money.

rogerb on March 29, 2013 at 10:17 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Simple solution. Just murder all blacks.

tom daschle concerned on March 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

i.e., Yes.

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

i.e., not devil’s advocate. :)

. . . clarification is thirsty work. To the fridge.

Axe on March 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Let me rephrase the question . . . . . . . . Do you believe puppies have more value, than an “unintended, and unwanted” baby?

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

A better way would be to stop giving the mothers money.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

A better way would be to stop giving the mothers money.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Then how will they afford the contraception they’re not buying? /using libthink here

Liam on March 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Armin Tamzarian on March 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Ok this one just made me throw up, God forgive you on this good Friday.

God Help us.

MontanaMmmm on March 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

A better way would be to stop giving the mothers money.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

That too is a part of the answer. But what do you say when the leftist say you want babies to starve? We have to climb our way back to saner family structures some way. I don’t know how, but I don’t think we can take abortion completely off the table if we want to do a better job of raising children.

I’m pretty sleepy now. Have a good night! We can always talk longer at some point in the future.

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

thuja is a monster, like Armin and Obama.

Schadenfreude on March 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

If we aspire to uphold the higher angels of our nature, abortion is social decay.

Saltysam on March 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

thuja, Armin and Obama are for executing born children, just like they do in China.

Schadenfreude on March 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I’m ready to say their ‘mothers’ are responsible for their situation and to hell with it. They can call me WTF-ever they like as loud as they like. I’m through with paying for everyone else’s mini-me’s when I can’t even afford a legitimate family.

MelonCollie on March 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Sweet dreams. You can read this later if you think about it. I think that money given should be only enough to take care of the child and with a very focused area of purchases. Apparently the limiting of purchases with those cards that have taken the place of food stamps is racist. At one time the welfare reforms during the Clinton era actually made a difference, I assume they have all been nullified now.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

MarshFox on March 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Make what harder??? ~~wink, wink~~

Resist We Much on March 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM

thuja is a monster, like Armin and Obama.

Schadenfreude on March 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

The demons they struggle with can be exorcised. Truth is an unrelenting adversary, like the waves against the shore.

Saltysam on March 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

If your anal sex leads to AIDS are you required to pay?

CW on March 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

thuja is a monster, like Armin and Obama.

Schadenfreude on March 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

think about the dehumanizing thing a guy like him does daily. He has no problem with the ultimate dehumanizing that occurs in abortion.

CW on March 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Unless the parents are flat frigging broke they pay.

MelonCollie on March 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM

( s i g h ) . . . . . . . . I guess I’ll wrap the question up, and stick it in ‘fridge till tomorrow.

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Parents?

Saltysam on March 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Dear thuja

One word: Turtles

BobMbx on March 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

CW on March 29, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I’m pretty sure that the taxpayers foot a lot of that bill.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Witness the slippery slope of moral decay. Abortion was heralded as a first trimester, last resort procedure. We were told it would be rare. Now, 50 million abortions later, we know it isn’t rare and is not a last resort. We also know that babies who are viable outside the womb are having their brains sucked out and those who survive abortions are being killed. When those of us who are against abortion said that it would lead to infanticide, we were told that we were crazy. “That will never happen”, the indignant abortion crowd cried.

Today we have people trying to change the definition of marriage. When those who believe in traditional marriage say that SSM will lead to a total breakdown of the institution of marriage; that people who believe in polygamy, incest and pedophilia will want their “right to marry”, the traditionalists are ridiculed and called bigots. “That will never happen”, the indignant gay rights activists cry.

Wanna bet?

fight like a girl on March 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Parents?

Saltysam on March 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Huh. How’d that happen.

Axe on March 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

when the PCP pneumonia kicks in….; am I?

WryTrvllr on March 29, 2013 at 11:17 PM

You say coward. I say strategic.
thuja on March 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

But, you see…you’re wrong.

I’m right.

And you betas are still just cowards.

Solaratov on March 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

So you’d be OK with forced abortion?

Solaratov on March 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

So you’d be OK with forced abortion?

Solaratov on March 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

With sterilization tossed in for free.

Margaret Sanger would be pleased.

BobMbx on March 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

So you’d be OK with forced abortion?

Solaratov on March 29, 2013 at 11:32 PM

With sterilization tossed in for free.

Margaret Sanger would be pleased.

BobMbx on March 29, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Oh give me a *censored* break you lot, use your brains for a minute even if thuja is being his usual self. A humongous welfare state and the first conclusion you get from wanting to discourage single motherhood is Chinese abortions?

How about we start ‘discouraging’ the practice by not subsidizing it? You know how if you subsidize something you get more of it? So why don’t we stop getting more single moms in the most direct methods that exist?!

MelonCollie on March 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

The “needy” women choosing single parenthood do so to become independent of their mothers so they can collect their own welfare. I learned this during my pediatric nursing clinical at Cook County Hospital in Chicago. It’s a dirty little secret.

The real alternative to single mothers parenting is adoption, but abortion lovers never mention that…probably because Planned Genocide doesn’t.

This thread is a really eye-opener. I knew these creeps obsessed with killing babies existed on HotAir, but they’ve really outdone themselves today.

JannyMae on March 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I dunno. Dwank twchuuuuuu muunnny Grway Guse cozmoosepoltroons. Chu memba?

Resist We Much on March 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Glad some people remember what us people did and that it was a good time had by all. ;)

kim roy on March 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM

MelonCollie on March 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Those of us who are sane conservatives know that’s the solution, but we also know that suggesting it gets us called racists who hate the poor and don’t care about the children. How do you stop a gravy train that’s been running for 50 plus years?

JannyMae on March 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM

MelonCollie on March 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I don’t know if I’m up for the whining and crying and howls of anguish over “the children”.

And before howls of how I (or YOU PEOPLE) don’t care about starving children, there’s always this thing called… wait for it… you ready… here it comes….

A JOB!

kim roy on March 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM

So – Allahpundit goes on for two paragraphs and NEVER states WHAT this Planned Parenthood “person” endorses.

He avoids it.

The FIRST LINE in the post should be: “Planned Parenthood officer (fill in the name) endorses Murdering children after they are born – and are legally “people” – if you intended to abort them in the first place.”

The fact that Allahpundit goes to Overt and Strenuous lengths to AVOID saying what she thinks – should tell you something about him.

Pay attention to that. What does it say?

williamg on March 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Abortion advances societal decay because it promotes the devaluing of life, and it encourages fathers to abandon their responsibilities. You are caught in the trap of typical leftist thinking. The answer for leftists is to always compound the problem they created to begin with. Don’t ya know that abortions haven’t solved the problem so far because there just haven’t been enough of them? Just like a socialized economy has never worked because we just haven’t thrown enough money at the problem yet gosh darn it.

NotCoach on March 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

If a poor family has a sick child that they can’t afford, should they be allowed to legally kill him?

Why is it any different with a child born early that needs medical care?

Good Solid B-Plus on March 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Barack Punished With A Baby Obama understands and approves of such post-birth ‘abortion’.

Unless it were an illegal alien’s child, of course.

Then heroic measures must be expended to save that future Democratic voter!

profitsbeard on March 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM

New Steyn…

The Death of the Family

Resist We Much on March 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I would expect that a single mother is a better role model for any child than two gay guys, given the propensity for gays to use drugs, etc.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM

JannyMae on March 29, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Neither abortion nor adoption are appropriate — the child and the money the state will pay them for him or her is the incentive.

The independence happens because of the child. Kill the child or give him or her away and the independence is gone.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Are you saying that we shouldn’t allow surgery because sedation isn’t morally sufficient to allow the mutilations required by surgery?

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

No. I’m saying that we shouldn’t kill puppies, and we most certainly should not kill innocent children.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Don’t be so quick to cede that ground.

On a very quick and rudimentary google search there are many arguments regarding the ability of fetuses to feel pain and when it starts. The pro-abortionists (I do not call them “pro-choice”) run away and attempt to discredit this subject in a big hurry.

kim roy on March 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I’m of the opinion — and it’s a scientific one — that there’s a point early on in pregnancy when the nervious system is active enough to send pain signals. Scientists disagree as to when this happens:

So, assume that the number is 16 weeks, just to be safe. There’s 16 weeks where, if we base abortion law on pain, abortion is allowed.

I submit that, pain or not, abortion kills a human being, and if you are going to kill another human being, there better be some very good reason.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM

How often do botched abortions produce a living child? In what trimester are these children born? If born so early that they require intensive care are the parents obligated to pay?

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Yet, you parade children around as human shields for gun control arguments.

If one child is saved….

Hmmmm….

98ZJUSMC on March 30, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Allah Pundit said,

I thought the pro-abortion litmus test, or standard, was only if the baby is still in the womb?

Or maybe I’m getting that confused with legalities (most states don’t permit a baby to be out of the womb for these procedures)?

TigerPaw on March 30, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Two weeks ago:

Thanks for proving, once again, that the pro-life movement’s concern about children ends within a few months of birth.

libfreeordie on March 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Now:

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Nice job on emphasizing how your movement’s concern ends within a few seconds of birth, professor.

rogerb on March 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

My take.

kingsjester on March 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

By definition, a wanted puppy has more value than an unintended and unwanted fetus for those whose business it is.

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

You are a pathetic, miserable ghoul.

kingsjester on March 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I’m wondering if you realize how much of your pathetic mindset is fueled by selfishness.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

First I’d like to point out that “Planned Parenthood” has to change their name. If, in fact, they were actually successful at facilitating and aiding women to “Plan Parenthood”, the escalating number of abortions would NOT be happening. So, in fact, Planned Parenthood has FAILED at their primary mission.

For this woman to dance around the question being posed, indcates the obvious conclusion that Planned Parenthood believes that living child on the table does not deserve the critical health care that every person should be receiving. Physicians who fail to give care to that living being are in violation of their Oath. The mother or any person cannot take away the rights of the child.

IlonaE on March 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Oh boy, semantics with the word value. Well, since you are going to take that definition for value when used in discussing human life (or life in general) then let’s see you defend it.

Since, by your definition, the value of a life is depended upon the opinion of those “whose business it is” then those who do not value the lives of homosexuals should not be held guilty if they beat/kill them. After all, their worth is subjective: dependent upon “whose business it is.”

That’s a stretch (albeit a logical one) so let’s bring it a bit closer to home. Adolf Hitler was responsible for the entire country of Germany. It’s welfare was his business. With your views on the value of life, it would be hypocrisy to condemn the Holocaust. After all, the value of those 6m+ were unwanted and therefore their lives held no value.

Thuja’s reasoning is only possible when there is no longer an authority above man (ie God) who established and upholds our rights and thereby gives us worth.

Pattosensei on March 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM

When your political ideology is to ensure women are unencumbered with the inconvenience of a child, even if that child is born alive, you end the debate. At that point, you no longer advocate choice, heath, or whatever label you want to use. No, at that point you truly are what your opponents accuse you – you are peddlers of death, pure and simple.

msidders on March 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If Gosnell would use this as a defense strategy in his trial, I’m sure he’d get off. Since there is apparently no law against killing or letting a post abortion baby die, then he should walk. The woman who died after his ministering is another story but only adds up to misfeasance of practice. Dear leader used the parents of kids who were killed at Sandy Hook as a backdrop for a pathetic political ploy in his efforts to get more dems elected in the next mid term and is back on the campaign trail demanding we spend more money on roads. I thought that was what the porkulus was for.

Kissmygrits on March 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

And people thought calling abortionists “baby-killers” was hyperbole.

WannabeAnglican on March 30, 2013 at 9:31 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I get this accusation of selfishness all the time for advocating economic conservative ideas. After a while, you begin to point out that selfishness is not the problem. Callousness is.

Anyway, I’m simply not going to be in any situation where abortion is going to be perceived as the best option. I argue abortion out of my nobler impulses. You may wish to consider that people who disagree with you on this topic don’t do so out of evil.

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Can’t do that valuation with God in the way. You have to lose the value of life in a larger frame of reference: I want the puppy, puppy has value; I do not want the fetus, fetus has no value. Someone somewhere has to want, and there’s no god wanting anything.

But even atheists will assign inherent value, even if its from nebulous sources. Thuja’s pretty hard core.

Axe on March 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

You dance quite well.

If you argue in support of abortion “out of … nobler impulses” you are a baby killer. How noble is that?

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 9:42 AMT

There is nothing noble about killing a defenseless baby.

I sure the Reich thought their “solution” to the Jewish Problem” was noble as well.

kingsjester on March 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Humans are created in the image of God which gives them intrinsic value. They are of infinite value whether any other human wants them or not.

You are just showing the effects of a godless mindset.

You are so valuable to God that he sent His only-begotten Son and if you would believe in Him you would have eternal life.

Sadly, I fear you will have eternal death.

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Gag me.

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Gag me.

Thuja go eff yourself. You’re a lowlife.

CW on March 30, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sadly, I fear you will have eternal death.

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

He’s headed that way. He has given up on his own humanity in his lifestyle and his support for abortion.

CW on March 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I’m not sure if my opinion of you is evil yet. You’re selfish though. That’s apparent.

You’re pragmatically hobbled by the bottom line. Unwanted babies are simply bad economics to you and you can dismiss them as any other unwanted by-product of an increasingly Nihilistic generation. An undesirable effect rather than a societal commodity.

I chuckle out loud at how you progressives who have co-opted the republican party have redefined what conservatism is. The only thing that ties you to this self-perception of yours that you’re more conservative than liberal is your love of what you’ve accumulated in a bank account. That you entire worldview is dependant how much money it costs you is just sad.

Whether one observes you from a religious or purely philosophical frame of mind, you’re no less pathetic.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Axe on March 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I think it also enjoys the reaction it causes by it’s outrageous comments.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Abortion and Death panels for Seniors……the West commits suicide with every lost life.

And oddly enough Islamic families birth rates are soaring……mmmmmm.

Welcome to the future America…….it’s looking very Muslim.

PappyD61 on March 30, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I think it also enjoys the reaction it causes by it’s outrageous comments.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Definition of “Troll.”

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 11:14 AM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I think we know all we need to know about you. Of course we’ve known that for awhile now, but it is good that you also confirm it for us.

Why not be courageous and advocate for the rounding up of all the homeless people and gassing them? I mean, who wants them over a well groomed and well behaved dog? Aren’t they, by definition, valueless?

NotCoach on March 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Checking in at 14.

lol

Resist We Much on March 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Oh, I see. So you guys are for legitimizing hedonism, but you’re against a tool that enables another kind of hedonism. Got it.

Nutstuyu on March 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

First!

My two cents: I feel like wandering down to the range to brush up on my shooting just because there are freaks like this out there walking among us.

Bishop on March 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Bishop on March 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I went even further on wanting to own a gun after some libtard troll said I should be in a mental asylum. Oh for a .44 magnum…

MelonCollie on March 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I guess a Fluke haircut is a sign of insanity.

huckleberryfriend on March 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

thuja’s comparison of puppies and babies is disgusting but that doesn’t make it untrue. These folks physically attack those who disagree with them (fur wearers). Consistency is not a feature with liberals. I’ve offered to trade them the death penalty of getting rid of abortion, no sale.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

And the answer is and always will be, YOU let the baby die. And you let the baby die because it is what the accidental birth mother wants.
OMG

Delsa on March 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Nutstuyu on March 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM

No, you don’t get it at all. Murder is a crime. There is another person involved. I don’t seek to deny the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to either an unborn foetus, “foetus” that survives an abortion, or consenting adults, who wish to enter a contractual relationship.

Resist We Much on March 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM

This thread is about killing children.

All who are for that are monsters.

All of you who make any excuse for it are monsters too.

Schadenfreude on March 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Unfortunately, this logic isn’t really amenable to people who are not raging morons. The proposition that fertilized eggs should be treated as persons is absurd, on its face.

Armin Tamzarian on March 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Biologically speaking, a human being’s life begins at fertilization. Can you grasp that?

bmmg39 on March 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I’ve always been pro-life but after my son was born 2 weeks and 6 days ago I just want to cry any time I hear/read about abortion.

DethMetalCookieMonst on March 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Blessings to you and yours.

bmmg39 on March 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I’m sure you could crush me in bar fight, but macho alpha male posturing against a beta male over the computer looks silly. In fact, I snicker in your general direction.

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I certainly don’t describe myself as an alpha, but I certainly do believe an unborn child is more important than someone else’s perpetual orgasms.

bmmg39 on March 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM

libfreeordie on March 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Not very often. Most abortionists are like Dr. Gosnell — the child is a complication to be gotten rid of, and the procedure is designed to assure that outcome.

I have met other survivors of abortion. They are all thankful for life. Only a few months ago I met another saline abortion survivor. Her name is Sarah. She is two years old. Sarah also has cerebral palsy, but her diagnosis is not good. She is blind and has severe seizures. The abortionist, besides injecting the mother with saline, also injects the baby victims. Sarah was injected in the head. I saw the place on her head where this was done. When I speak, I speak not only for myself, but for the other survivors, like Sarah, and also for those who cannot yet speak …

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM

This thread is about killing children.

All who are for that are monsters.

All of you who make any excuse for it are monsters too.

Schadenfreude on March 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I will give my honest answer..liked or not.
I am in the pro choice camp because I believe in some exceptions..
since I have been told that there is no middle ground-then count me as PC.
I stay away from abortion threads typically but was interested in the comments from this one. I now feel ill.
Not that the commenters here represent all other PC people but I am stunned, especially by thuja-(when I occasionally see him he didn’t appear heartless) who equate a well developed human being living, alive and breathing, moving and fighting for life a table murdered with scissors and tossed into the garbage no big deal..and equating it to kicking a puppy.
There are times when I read things here that occasionally sicken me..this was one. Jet Black hearts.
I would like them to witness or see/hear what it is they advocate for.
One big change I had long ago was to decide to watch partial birth and late term abortion video’s. I was left sobbing and physically ill. It is easy for people to ignore it when they don’t see or hear it.
The whorrre in the video knows damn well what happens to the live baby laying on the table..she calmly states she isn’t a doctor and doesn’t know. BULLSHITE. Thuja dodged that question to.
Armin..from what I have seen it soul less-so wasn’t surprised.

Who ever brought up turtle eggs-very good point.
My house sits 2 blocks from the FL beaches and we have signs everywhere warning of arrest and violation off not only the eggs but acts that disturb their nesting. Volunteers here during a hurricane to rescue nests and eggs. BUT a living baby on a table gouged by a pair of scissors is hunky dory.

I personally care about all living things..I do love animals as well and respect what God gave us. Before my illness I was a diver and would volunteer to dive and remove trash from our reefs. I volunteered with children/teens, when I worked in that field.

I do not understand the mindset of the left..dead babies..cool.
Shooting school children..horrendous..crush a turtle egg..go to jail.

My 9 cents. This made me ill..no wonder we are effed up.

Happy Easter if I do not see you.

bazil9 on March 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

listens2glenn on March 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

thuja on March 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Apologies; I wasn’t available earlier . . . . . . .

Now then, back to yesterday’s comment that started all of this:

I notice those advocating for abortion also are those who go nuts on puppy abuse.

Speakup on March 29, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Are you dumb to not be able to understand how those who advocate for abortion view this? Puppy abuse is cruelty. Abortion is not. This really is that simple.

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

What about an “unwanted” puppy, or a kitten? Is it okay to snip the spine at the back of the neck of one of these?

listens2glenn on March 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Puppy abuse is cruelty. Abortion killing a living baby on a table is not. This really is that simple.

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

You have no heart..and no mind.
I doubt a conscious.

bazil9 on March 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

So, you’d rather the child die? In this political climate, this choice is more realistic than assuming we can outlaw both abortion AND gay marriage.

EricW on March 29, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Do you really think someone who LIES about an unborn baby not being human (when DNA tests would easily prove them wrong) would keep their word on any agreement limiting their immoral actions?

They lie to cover up a murder of convenience.

dominigan on March 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Sure we can. Happy Passover. May you have many blessings.

Cindy Munford on March 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

thuja on March 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Munford’s a good egg :)

Actually you both are!

JetBoy on March 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I could make that trade too.

22044 on March 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Munford’s a good egg :)

Actually you both are!

JetBoy on March 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Munford, the good, has not, yet, distanced herself from thuja’s monstrous statements in this thread. This thread is about killing live children. Until then all are culpable.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

But thuja stated way more than this in this very thread. So far, thuja is for killing born children. RWM explained their legal status. It makes thuja and all monstous criminal subjects.

Schadenfreude on March 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

monstous – monstrous

Schadenfreude on March 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Schadenfreude on March 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I’m having a hard time with that. Even believing that that is his view. I am unable to conceive of the idea of a woman, who would not realize her “mistake” before the point that a child would be viable on its own and must be murdered upon birth. Obviously it happens, but I just can’t wrap my brain around it.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Absolutely I’m on the pro-life side of the abortion debate. Not all abortion proponents (I have a hard time saying the the term “pro-choice” are so because they’re evil monsters or enemies of humanity. They simply don’t see human life in a fetus…or as many on that side put it, a fetus hasn’t attained “personhood” and therefore isn’t considered a member of society in that regard.

Of course I disagree with that sentiment…a fetus is, in every sense, a human being as far as I’m concerned. I don’t even base that on my religious or political views…for me abortion on demand is a basic human rights violation of the worst kind. I only support abortion in two instances: Rape cases, and if a woman’s life were endangered should she carry to term and/or give birth. And that’s it.

Again, thuja isn’t evil for siding with the abortion proponents…just wrong. ;)

JetBoy on March 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

This makes it untrue:

You are just showing the effects of a godless mindset.

Sadly, I fear you will have eternal death.

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Again, thuja isn’t evil for siding with the abortion proponents…just wrong. ;)

JetBoy on March 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I have no hesitation in calling someone evil who in any way supports, aids, abets the killing of innocent children.

davidk on March 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM

bazil9 on March 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Now, the remaining task is to ask yourself why you feel ill — could it be that those exceptions you tout as your lynch-pin for being in the pro-abortion camp are now haunting you because you understand fully with what you have allied yourself?

What you think is nuance isn’t. Either the child is a human being, and entitled to all the protections proceeding therefrom, or she isn’t. Alternatively, the child is not innocent, and deserves the punishment of death for his existence — the child of a rapist is the embodiment of that rapist, and therefore deserves to be excised like a wort or some unwanted hair. Or, like Thuja, you think that the surplus population ought to be eliminated, so as to give those who remain — preferably citizens rather than illegal immigrants — a better quality of life. Or, perhaps you just don’t give a rat’s patootie because you need to be PC for those exceptions you tout as being of ultimate importance.

There are a lot of reasons to be pro-choice, are there not?

But there is only one reason to be pro-life.

It’s that simple.