Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on March 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

As attorney Paul Clement took to the Supreme Court to defend the Defense of Marriage Act on behalf of House Republicans, the lawmakers who hired him to do so stood silently by. It was the right thing to do, many Republican strategists say, to avoid distracting from the GOP’s core economic message.

But some members of the House Republican Conference thought their leaders should have done more to publicly stand behind an effort that is important to social conservatives.

“The silence was absolutely deafening and very disappointing to the millions of value voters that are in the party,” Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., told National Journal Daily.

***

In a mostly hidden subtext of the gay marriage debate, a lot of Republicans would be thrilled with the most far-reaching court decision [on gay marriage] possible. This is the only way, they reckon, to take the issue out of an electoral arena in which it is increasingly bringing them little but grief…

One top Republican pollster, who requested anonymity in order to speak bluntly, said that Republicans will struggle to connect with many swing voters as long as they’re perceived as the party of cultural retrenchment.

“We can’t continue to fight a losing battle on gay marriage and gay rights, and if we need the Supreme Court to help in that regard, so be it,” the pollster said…

One of the reasons some Republicans hope for a pro-gay marriage ruling from the Supreme Court is that barring a judicial resolution to the issue, there’s no obvious way for the party to liberalize on gay rights without angering its most fervent rank-and-file supporters.

***

Let’s be honest: If you are a conservative evangelical who believes in the biblical definition of traditional marriage then guess what? You are one of the following: An outcast, a bigot, narrow-minded, a “hater” or all of the above. It’s a different type of ridicule but it’s still ridicule.

The tables have been turned. Evangelicals are now the ugly stepchild. In our American culture today, you can easily make the argument that it is harder to stand for biblical truth than it is to be a supporter of gay marriage in today’s society…

[T]he level of vitriol by media commentators and others who support the homosexual lifestyle is just going to continue to increase and get more aggressive against Bible-believing evangelicals. That’s what happens when you become part of the minority. It’s inevitable. Just ask homosexuals about being in the minority opinion. They know the feeling. It wasn’t that long ago!

***

No one with half a brain wants to be thought of as a bigot. But that’s what I and others risk as members of a distinct and irritating minority — as traditional Christians in journalism.

It is a world of language and political symbolism, a world where ideas are often framed so that they may lead to inexorable conclusions favored by the dominant culture. In this media world, I sometimes wonder whether the word “sin” has been outlawed by the high priests of journalism for fear of offending one group or another. And I’d rather not ask.

Now that the debate has been framed, if I hold to my faith and resist applauding the changes, I’m easily cast as some drooling white cartoon bigot of the Jim Crow era, denying black Americans the right to sit at a lunch counter and have a meal with the white folks…

What is also clear is that, given demographic shifts and attitudes, particularly by young people regarding sexuality and family, traditional Christianity is no longer the dominant culture.

It is the counterculture, fast becoming a minority view.

***

Social conservatives are greatly outnumbered (a byproduct of having lost the culture war argument). We hear a lot about the supposed “three-legged-stool” of the conservative movement, but in fighting the culture war, social conservatives are on their own. In fact, it’s wrong to think of this in terms of a left versus right paradigm. It would be better understood as part of the continuing struggle between virtue (as social conservatives define it) and liberty (defined by our modern secular society to mean the freedom to do whatever we want). In that light, liberty is murdering virtue…

Of course, there has always been a tension between virtue and liberty. But at some point, America ceased emphasizing community values and began valuing extreme individualism. More and more, Americans — including many conservatives — now believe that individuals should do whatever they want so long as it isn’t hurting anybody else.

But the cultural conservative says that there is a “tragedy of the commons” problem with this — that the “if it feels right, do it” mentality will eventually hurt society collectively.

***

Yet one gets the sense that, at root, the same-sex marriage project isn’t even really about opposition to the family as it is currently conceived—no matter how outmoded and bourgeois it may be. No, the family is just necessary collateral damage in the real struggle for sexual liberation. I suspect that, to the left, arguments about contraceptives, abortion, and gay marriage are really all about the same thing: the idea that sexual behavior must not be discriminated against, by anyone, in any sense. There must be no adverse outcomes; there must be no distinctions made; and any form of disapproval is tantamount to discrimination. Other freedoms—of speech, of liberty, of thought—may be, to some extent, negotiable. But for the left, sexual freedom is a paramount freedom.

The opponents of same-sex marriage, on the other hand, are just as deeply invested in a different freedom—religious freedom. Because they recognize that the same-sex marriage project is headed directly for conflict with religious organizations. Chai Feldblum is a thoughtful and honest proponent of same-sex marriage who serves on President Obama’s EEOC and was, before that, a professor at Georgetown Law School. Here’s Feldblum explaining the inevitable conflict between gay marriage and religious freedom to Maggie Gallagher a few years ago…

“To Feldblum the emerging conflicts between free exercise of religion and sexual liberty are real: ‘When we pass a law that says you may not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, we are burdening those who have an alternative moral assessment of gay men and lesbians.’ Most of the time, the need to protect the dignity of gay people will justify burdening religious belief, she argues. But that does not make it right to pretend these burdens do not exist in the first place, or that the religious people the law is burdening don’t matter.”

***

Christians should, starting yesterday, work on a new front. While we should not stop the fight to preserve marriage, and we may be willing to compromise on civil unions, we must start fighting now for protections for religious objectors to gay marriage.

Churches, businesses, and individuals who refuse to accept gay marriage as a legitimate institution must be protected as best we can. Those protections will eventually crumble as the secular world increasingly fights the world of God, but we should institute those protections now and pray they last as long as possible.

The left cannot allow Christians to continue to preach the full gospel. We already see this in, of all places, Canada. Gay marriage is incompatible with a religion that preaches that the unrepentant are condemned, even of a sin the world has decided is not one. The religious freedom will eventually be ended through the judiciary. We should work to extend that freedom as long as we can.

***

When former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean began campaigning for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination, he would regularly say in his stump speech, “I am tired of fighting elections on guns, God and gays. We’re going to fight this election on our turf, which is going to be jobs, education and health care.”

Fast-forward 10 years to the third month of President Obama’s second term. Suddenly, the Democrats’ turf doesn’t look so friendly anymore. It’s not hard to see why they’re changing gears to fight a culture war of their own choosing…

Unless the economy markedly improves in the near future, or Obamacare is miraculously implemented without a hitch, expect Obama and the White House to turn the 2014 election into an all-out culture war centered around gun control and gay marriage. This is the only turf that appears remotely friendly to them these days.

***

***

Via MRC TV.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

In a 40′s mood a little Glenn Miller for us!~!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

What Good Solid B-Plus is saying is more along the lines of facts, not arguments.

I was there and saw it happen.

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM

And I’m not disagreeing. Societies are meant to evolve and change over time. I just don’t see, except for historical context, understand how that affects anything that happens today. Other than it would affect what happened at that time which lends itself to what happens now. But beyond that, what is the point of the discussion?

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Hear!..Hear..Agreed..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Comeback from where? I have … Oh… you mean the one’s women wore UNDER their clothes…LOL!

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

You have my dear!

I spent 20 of 22 years with my spouse as he was in the Army!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM

To think that I once defended this site as a bastion of conservatism and now it’s just a site of bullies.

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Moonlight and Serenades…

My Aunt played the heck out of GM!!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

You’re jumping from hill to hill.

My reply had nothing to do with that.

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Nice

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Love you

Rusty Allen on March 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM

LOVE YOU TOO MAN

Now help me with this poem to Resist’s lips

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Somehow I believe a willing suspension of disbelief is required to believe that assertion.

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Yes. It’s ALWAYS our fault.

Rule no. 2 of being a Liberal.

(Rule no.1 is: Jettison your sense of humor)

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Acker Bilk: Aria… Master of the Clarinet!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Unless it’s the freedom of a church to not perform a gay marriage. **** those guys.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 27, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Nope. The first gay couple that wants to force a Catholic church to perform their ceremony should be told to take a long walk off a short pier.

But if it ever does come to that (it won’t, so this is purely hypothetical) the first gay couple who successfully sues to get married in the Westboro Baptist Church is getting a wedding present from me.

alchemist19 on March 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM

This is the kind of thing that makes me stop and ask myself the age-old question:

Is he really gullible enough to believe this, or is he just hoping that I’M that gullible?

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Love you

Rusty Allen on March 28, 2013 at 2:10 AM

You too Rusty!! :-)

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

LOLZ..Nice comeback you almost missed it.Glad you got what I meant..I always like looking at Victoria Secrets and Fredick’s coming up..:):)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM

It’s Been A Long Long Time – Forrest/James

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM

If you know the rules for being a liberal, you ARE a liberal.

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

“What I did not steal, must I mow restore?” Psalms 69:4

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Well that’s just because you guys looked ridiculous with the long, feathered hair, neon green cut-off shirts and the tight leather pants. ;)

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

DON’T FORGET THE EYELINER AND BODY GLITTER!!!

How could a bird be a real groupie if she left the hotel room in the morning without body glitter transfers?

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

now

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Stranger on the Shore: Acker Bilk!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM

If you know the rules for being a liberal, you ARE a liberal.

Enjoy.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

When you do not know what makes one a conservative, it’s because you are a liberal.

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Axe on March 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Nbody has answered the imporant question on my mind..Which Peanuts character is gay..Peppermint Patty or Marcie??!!???..:):)

Dire Straits on March 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM

As I recall, both of them really liked Charlie Brown. Of course, he was stuck on that little red-headed girl.

On the other hand, Charlie Brown was a bit of a beta male. But he never quit trying.

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

You seriously don’t understand what I’m saying???

Totally. My last girlfriend — Heaven defend her — caught me off guard early on by asking, “You want to kiss me, don’t you?” I’d been watching her talk without realizing it. I hadn’t even thought about kissing her, so naturally I responded, “Yes.”

Anyway, how are we supposed to know what you are saying if we aren’t watching you say it? We’re not mind readers — for the eleventy-first time.

I’ve also caught some watching my mouth when I eat.

Huh.

If you don’t understand and aren’t dead drunk, then you must be a Trappist monk or something. I mean, you guys are really something – you may or may not be included, which will likely be determined by how you respond to this post.

No pressure, man. :)

BTW: Peanut butter has now, officially, been declared racist.

But I’ll starve!

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM

It’s the eyeball I can’t get past . . .

I should probably close that tab.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Walker is still talking to me, even though he has libeled me. Hilarious.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

The Tornadoes: Telstar!!

Anyone remember that one? Hmmmm? :-)

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

DON’T FORGET THE EYELINER AND BODY GLITTER!!!

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

You old fogies are confusing the 60′s and 70′s with the 80′s and 90′s… ;p

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM

lOL! I’ll bet! Why am I not surprised… Pirate Dire?

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Walker is still talking to me, even though he has libeled me. Hilarious.

Midwestprincesse on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Telstar was a No 1 hit in the US BEFORE the Beatles!!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Aw man, that’s just piling on. :)

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

You Made Me Love You – Forrest/James

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Heh, Scrumpy’s got me going over all the Youtube Glenn Miller videos.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

You people need to stop making fun of my hair, too.

This will come back and you’ll feel ridiculous for that 30 years of trying to keep up.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

That’s a good thing!! Enjoy listening to GM!!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 1:24 AM

And yet alchemist can’t make the connection. Or won’t.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM

They weren’t compelled to do anything though. And an outdoor pavilion on a boardwalk isn’t a church. What I said that made SWalker stick his foot in his mouth was about churches specifically.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Shirley Bassey: Light my Fire…

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmm in a jazz mood aren’t we!! :-)

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

What? I never once mentioned Louboutins or lipstick… or lips, either, although, just to be ‘crystal clear’ I do have lips, and I do wear lipstick, and, as we’ve already discussed on a previous occasion, I often wear the Louboutins, too. LOL!

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM

You’re right about the music of that era, Scrumpy. It is very special. :)

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Gonna have to rent that old Jimmy Stewart/ June Allyson movie, The Glenn Miller Story.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Pirate Dire?

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Keira Knightley did where one in a pirate movie..Brief scene but sexy all the same..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Here’s a good scene:

Soak it in, Princess.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Stardust – Artie Shaw

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Oh yes, it is worthy a viewing!!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Pirate Dire?

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Keira Knightley did wear one in a pirate movie..Brief scene but sexy all the same..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Sorry..Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM

was about churches specifically.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Well, you may not see the connection but you can bet the gays do.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Glamming it up…

Nothing But A Good Time

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Don’t sit under the Apple Tree: Glenn Miller

I had to have my Aunt play this one and we sang to it, a fav song.

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

It’s the same issue as Obamacare. Trying to wall up Christians inside a building and say that’s the “church”, and that the things Christians do in their businesses, and the activities and things churches sponsor and support don’t count as an official “church” so they can’t live according to their beliefs outside said designated four walls.

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Here’s another good one Cleombrutus:

Mississippi Blues…

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

was about churches specifically.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Well, you may not see the connection but you can bet the gays do.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Ummm, I’m pretty sure that he IS GAY…

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on March 28, 2013 at 2:19 AM

What’s your evidence to support that belief? The Methodist Pavilion example was a golden opportunity for a judge to force a church to allow use of their outdoor boardwalk (not even the church itself!) for a gay marriage ceremony and it didn’t happen.

Do you think there’s like a big secret conspiracy amongst liberal judges everywhere who are just chomping at the bit to make churches perform gay marriage ceremonies but they’re all holding back until a Supreme Court ruling comes down that legalizes gay marriage everywhere?

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM

From the Huckabee/gay marriage thread:

laws will actually be a gift to GOP politicians because it’ll take this issue off the table.

Not for me.

I will walk away from any GOP who says the situation is settled. The GOP big shots already worked their pundits (in bunches of pieces lately) to imply the argument is old, no one cares except nutcases, and get over it.

I am over anyone who sells out on civilization. Setting this up as the new definition of something that is not so defined, means it will be part of all federally mandated crap to promote, praise and teach this new version of reality

Take away tax breaks, set up State laws for inheritance, guardianship, whatever. But changing the definition of something that has only one definition, will be used to force acceptance of that definition in areas overlapping freedom of religion, freedom to choose how one’s children are taught, and freedom to set up religious activities that do not bow down to a State religion

Consider the UK, where a Christian couple can no longer foster even Christian children, because they wouldn’t expose those children to training materials proclaiming gay unions and homosexuality as good and normal, and they refused to send kids past kindergarten to gay acclimation training now mandated for fostering

A Catholic adoption service had to close in the US because it would not adopt to homosexual couples the children signed over to them for the purpose of Catholic adoption

Chaplains in the US military are in the crosshairs, if they do not perform gay marriage, or offer marriage counseling to homosexual couples. What religion are they allowed to serve?

This is the only inevitable result of what is being shoved in the faces of evangelicals. Those who are evangelicals in belief, will walk

This is being twisted as an issue of liberty, when no one is stopping the freedom to couple. Criticism of the new unreality will become, as it has in every besotted secular humanist nation, a hate crime, and critics of the new sodomy will be suppressed

entagor on March 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Starting to see a pattern here yet, alchemist?

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Well, I’ve already said that I think Keira’s figure is a trifle to slight. Though not unappealing, she was at the ‘too thin’ edge of wearing one successfully.

Now, if we are talking a physique that pushed the fullness of the hour glass to its maximum limits, we have to take a look at Mansfield. Mansfield. There is a marked difference between borderline too full, and borderline too thin. :)

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Ummm, I’m pretty sure that he IS GAY…

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

*facepalm*

I’m not, and even if I was it wouldn’t change the fact you jammed your foot so far into your mouth you can taste your own knee.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

oops. I should have gotten that one.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM

*whew*

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Sleepwalk – Santo and Johnny

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I was unable to cause any mischief tonight. I didn’t even create any havoc. Too busy writing a big thick book on the Art of War.

Basically its how to spray a can of whopazz on people.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:45 AM

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Been too distracted to follow alchemist’s conversation, but about the walling up in general — a lot of them over the line do that on autopilot. It’s not enough to have it pushed to the side; or to be out from under its control; the memory of it has to go too, the reminder. Completely out of site, please. Completely go away, please.

It’s in everything they say and do.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM

entagor on March 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Have not noticed this person commenting before but entagor is spot on!

Deep thinkers get it… those who only think on the surface, who cannot or do not think further than the headlines, will never get it!

I like this entagor!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

*facepalm*

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Oh, my bad, I could have sworn you made the assertion just the other day on one of the headline threads that you were.

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Starting to see a pattern here yet, alchemist?

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

What happens in the UK or Canada or anywhere else doesn’t matter. We have a First Amendment in this country.

As to adoptions, aside from distracting from the marriage issue, there are two states where I know this has been an issue (Massachsetts and Illinois) and only one where they church really fought it in court, that being Illinois. In the Illinois case they got the New Jersey/Methodist Pavilion treatment. They could stop taking state money and continue to discriminate or they could continue taking state money and stop discriminating. Rather than give up their money they opted to quit.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

*facepalm*

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Methinks. Too Much. He Doth Protest.

Some assembly required.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Lo no wonder, not on HA! Entagor I mean…

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Methinks. Too Much. He Doth Protest.

Some assembly required.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

It’s a little telling that it would make that big a difference to you one way or the other.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

ou old fogies are confusing the 60′s and 70′s with the 80′s and 90′s… ;p

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Hey, gramps! You could’ve have driven me home from the maternity hospital…if your chick-magnet-mobile had room for a tot-seat. And, be glad that I wouldn’t have been able to talk yet because I’d have been screaming:

“Mr Tosser, not only have you passed that same petrol station 17 times, you have had your left turn signal on since we left the hospital even though you’ve been in the right lane the entire time! You might want to lay off the hairspray and mascara for a while. They seem to have gone to your head.”

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:43 AM

you jammed your foot so far into your mouth you can taste your own knee.

How can that be a fact? Aren’t facts literal things?

And even if its not a fact, that doesn’t change the fact that you changed the fact.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Nothing But A Good Time

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Rough those strings up juuuuust a little, just for a minute, plz. :)

If . . . I mean, if you have any depth perception. I’m sure you’re very handicapable . . . but . . . there’s like, an EYE in there, omg

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Rhetorically, metaphorically, or deplorably speaking?

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM

You’re right. It’s reflexive.

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Yes, and the PPACA ruling was a golden chance for the conservatives to keep beating back the relentless march of liberalism, buoyed by the momentum of Morrison and Lopez.

No conspiracy needed; it’s called playing the long game. It’s not Alex Jones-level flouride in the water soft kill weapons Bilderberg nonsense.

And yes, of course there would be a bunch of couples just waiting to sue once they get legal standing. Striking down DOMA means that because of the whole full faith and credit deal, a gay marriage performed in MA must be recognized in AL, and eventually, must be performed in any AL church, cathedral or chapel.

It’s called “the floodgates,” alchemist. They haven’t opened yet, but give them time; they’re used to waiting.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Lo no wonder, not on HA! Entagor I mean…

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Sure he is. It’s from the Huckabee thread.

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Yeah, if you were gay I’d actually respect that you’re at least fighting for something you deeply care about.

As a straight man you sort of just come off as a whiny d-bag looking to throw a punch at anybody who dares stick their head in the ring.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

ou old fogies are confusing the 60′s and 70′s with the 80′s and 90′s… ;p

SWalker on March 28, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Cut her some slack Walker. She’s already pretty deformed. You don’t have to call her old too.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

More Than Words – Extreme

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Oh yeah. Well you are dead wrong pal.

And even if you aren’t dead wrong pal that doesn’t change the fact that you are dead wrong pal. (:

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

We’ve also got a second amendment, but 50% of the country doesn’t seem to acknowledge it or care that it exists beyond viewing it with disdain as an encumbrance to utopia.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Alchemist: Oh yes we do, where do you think the idea of the 1st came from eh? From the UK !!

Check this out and be educated:

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:55 AM

You’re right. It’s reflexive.

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Also dangerous. :(

– And also, just talking, I’ve learned a new thing lately about boldness. It gets crazy bold. I didn’t understand. You back off a foot and it starts sneering without any reservation. One can peruse these threads and see it; it’s wild.

Probably a pointless observation for anyone else. It’s new to me though.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Cleombrotus on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Thank you!! I have not read that thread… my bad!

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I like RWM Much. Which is to say I like Resist We Much Much.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

BTW: Peanut butter has now, officially, been declared racist.

But I’ll starve!

But, I’ll watch!!!

It’s the eyeball I can’t get past . . .

I should probably close that tab.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:24 AM

How else can I make eye contact with you boys???? LOL!

SoRo has put the freaky-deaky-evil-eye-spell on Axe and he is so transfixed that his brain is sending out a magic shield preventing his finger from pushing the key to close the tab.

Behold my awesomely awesome power!

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hey, lets cause a ruckus. Sounds like fun.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

You do make a point..Jayne was definitely full figured..:):)

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:47 AM

LOL. Do you even know what the word “discriminate” means? Tell me, do the affirmative action laws and procedures “discriminate” – you know, the ones that state funded institutions live by? Do minority set-asides “discriminate”?

Gay pretend couples are not normal couples for raising kids. They can’t have any of their own kids, to begin with, which is a major difference. To even begin to allege that they are the same (which is what you’re trying to do with your asinine “discriminate” rant) is to deny everything that is known and to just live in a deluded world unattached to any reality.

And your “state money” argument is empty. The state pays all sorts of folks to discriminate in un-Constitutional and unfair ways (unlike discriminating between normal couples and gay buddies pretending to be normal couples).

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Va-va-voom. They do not build women like Jayne anymore, sadly.

In my uncouth manner, with friends, I would refer to those lovely frontispieces as “torpedo ****.” :)

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 AM

More that I’ve been looking for decent intellectual debate with anyone who can raise anything more than a personal moral objection on the issue and so far I’ve come up empty.

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Isn’t it funny how you can open a tab at a bar and you can also open a tab on a menu bar.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I like RWM Much. Which is to say I like Resist We Much Much.

SparkPlug on March 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM

And, I’m really plugged into SparkPlug.

Resist We Much on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

More Than Words – Extreme

thatsafactjack on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Like that one! :)

This one next, Jackie bo backy. Fe fi fo facky. JACKIE.

Axe on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

INC on March 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Agreed..Pretty much heading in that direction..:(

Dire Straits on March 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Sparky! Sorry not igging you.

You up to some malarkey eh? ;-)

Scrumpy on March 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM

alchemist19 on March 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Mighty hard to look for something that you’re not actually trying to find, soldier.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM