Democratic gay-marriage pool update: North Carolina Sen. Kay Hagan endorses SSM

posted at 12:41 pm on March 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

You’ve got to be kidding. How can Tom Carper, my pick in the pool, still be holding out when a red-state Dem whose seat is up next year is switching? Good lord, man: You’re from one of the bluest states in the union and you just got reelected. There’s zero risk. Hand me a victory already. This is embarrassing.

Sen. Kay Hagan said Wednesday that she supported the right of gay people to marry, saying “we should not tell people who they can love or who they can marry.”…

“I know all our families do not look alike,” she added. “We all want the same thing for our families. We want happiness, we want health, prosperity, a bright future for our children and grandchildren. After conversations I’ve had with family members, with people I go to church with and with North Carolinians from all walks of life, I’ve come to my own personal conclusion that we should not tell people who they can love, or who they can marry. It’s time to move forward with this issue.”…

This was a difficult choice for Hagan who faces a potentially faces a tough re-election campaign next year in a culturally conservative state. North Carolina voters last year overwhelmingly approved a state constitutional amendment declaring marriage as being between a man and a woman…

Hagan opposed last year’s amendment as did many Democrats for whom she must rely on for support.

Maybe she figures she’s probably going to lose anyway, in which case she might as well roll the dice. I don’t know. Whatever the reason, this’ll be the ultimate test case of how much of a political liability SSM continues to be. If she can get reelected as a first-term Democratic incumbent in a conservative southern state just two years after it banned gay marriage, then this is effectively a non-issue.

No one had Hagan in the last pool thread so there are no bragging rights this time. Gotta be in it to win it, folks; place your bets below. I’ll grudgingly stick with Carper, but just to make this extra fun, here’s an intriguing tidbit posted last night on Twitter by Meghan McCain:

At least one fellow tweeter wondered whether that means Maverick himself is set to take the plunge. Meg was posting a bunch of pro-SSM stuff yesterday before that. Stay tuned.

While we wait for the next shoe to drop, via Freedom’s Lighthouse, here’s Bill O’Reilly dismissing SSM opponents for doing little more than “thump[ing] the Bible.” I’d heard that Fox has tilted a bit towards the center since the election and I know O’Reilly has always been less orthodox in his politics than, say, Hannity, but … I did not expect this coming from a guy who wrote a book called “Culture Warrior.” Wow.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Zzzzzz

Good Lt on March 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM

We always knew the democRAT party was gay.

wildcat72 on March 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I think some of the Dems are counting on SCOTUS legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states or they are completely overestimating the support of SSM in red states. This could actually be good for Repubs either way.

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Big news for Mega Meghan…Mommy bought her a Dunkin Donuts franchise!

CycloneCDB on March 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

The Democrats must feel that branding as the “pro-gay” party nationally is far more important than preserving certain seats. Alaska and North Carolina were going to be tough holds for the Democrats anyway, but both are as good as gone now.

LukeinNE on March 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Meggie thinks she’s big news herself, so my money says SHE’s going to announce her support for SSM.

CDeb on March 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Keep it up, Madam One-termer . . .

BigAlSouth on March 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Come on, we all know the McCain news is that she’s taking Hasselbeck’s place on the View.

FranklinBluth on March 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

still sticking with murkowski to follow hagan sometime today

cmsinaz on March 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Let me add one more thing. I’m fine with Gay Marriage if the citizens of the state think it’s the next best way to sink civilized culture.

BigAlSouth on March 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

doma not looking so good methinks

cmsinaz on March 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM

O’Reilly despite getting tarred with the Conservative label has never been conservative. He is at best an opportunist. He became the culture warrior during the time that that was safe to be so. He did straddle the fence in that he support Civil unions. He got most of his “conservative cred” going after CLinton, but largely that was his personal vendetta.. The Clintons had had him audited several times by the IRS. You can tell this in the difference in the way he treats the Obama administration with kid gloves.

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Big news being announced tomorrow… stay tuned.

Lord. That’s a hashtag waiting to happen.

Daddy, I’m pregnant!

Daddy, I got a real job!

#Whatsmaggiesnews

BacaDog on March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

we already megan and momma support ssm…nothing new

cmsinaz on March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I think Kirk will go because Illinois is pushing gay marriage hard.

Not sure who in the Dems will go. Seems they are all going to fall like Dominoes. Keep it coming red state Dems- we want your seats.

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Meghan McCain is going to announce her engagement to Rosie O’Donnell.

The Rogue Tomato on March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Anyone got a link to a good analysis of the strategy here?

All I’m coming up with is that this is some sort of mash of Alinsky-esque “heighten the contrasts” and “strength in numbers” thinking.

Or, really, maybe its as simple as that “Grrls, Guns, and Gays” is the essence of the Democrats’ culture-war turnout message to their base.

Robert_Paulson on March 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Yes, simply expressing your belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ, concerning MARRIAGE … is thumping the Bible.

There’s a reason that I don’t watch you, and haven’t for years. There’s also a reason that I’ve abandoned Fox News.

You just stay above the fray, Bill. Looking down your nose at us, thumpers … kinda like Commander Transparent does.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Hagan is an idiot. But, I repeat myself.

SteveInRTP on March 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

How do you feel about all the facebook love?

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Big news for Mega Meghan…Mommy bought her a Dunkin Donuts franchise!

CycloneCDB on March 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Makes sense. I didn’t see her as being that into Krispy Christie, err, Krispy Kreme.

Myron Falwell on March 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

She’s a demoncrat, it’s in her contract.

The Devil stalks the SCOTUS.

SWalker on March 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Democrat politicians: “Hey Supreme Court! Look at us! See? We all support same sex marriage! You should too!”

darwin on March 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

This was a difficult choice for Hagan

It is a given that all Dems are going to support sodomite unions (Mark Warner who also runs in 2014 has already gone over to the dark side). Yet Hagan’s evolution shows the pro-forma hypocrisy of these conversions.

If it is the right thing to do, why do all these Dems say what a hard decision it was to come arround to supporting the legitimization of gay unions within society?

And Senator Hagan, if we should not tell people who they can love or who they can marry, why don’t you support polygamy, pedophilia, or any of the other ways outside of homsexuality that people may love one another. Who are you to stand between the love that can only be shared between a man and his goat? Those should be the right thing to do too by your standards, right?

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

How do you feel about all the facebook love?

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

i noticed that too

*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on March 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hagan’s betting on a base turnout strategy. No persuasion or courting North Carolina moderates for her. ‘Disqualify’ the Republican opponent as being “on the wrong side of history,” and drag every liberal and Democrat to the polls.

Robert_Paulson on March 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

“A bit towards the center? Hell, Fox is going full-tilt MSM on us. They no longer can be trusted on ANYTHING.

Myron Falwell on March 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I guess Ed was right, reporters can’t pick Carper out of a line up to pester him. Granted he should be falling over himself to announce his support, he has the most to gain and almost zero to lose.

It would be just like John McCain to stick his unwanted opinion in on a hot news story. I am going to throw caution to the wind and predict he is next. I would say by 11 AM tomorrow based on Meggie’s teaser but it wouldn’t surprise me if he makes a big announcement by 5 today. The man can’t resist a microphone – surely someone sticks one in his face before tomorrow morning.

msmveritas on March 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Actually, a smart move on her part. She was probably going to lose anyway (if we didn’t pull an Akin) and now she can be a martyr. That will jack up her post-Senate marketability.

BuzzCrutcher on March 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I had the same thought but if that were going to be the case, it would have been announced earlier (DOMA hearing just ended). But, frankly, does it really matter what this brain-dead bimbo has to say?

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM

:Reposted for another thread:

Ok, for those who do not understand, indoctrination and brainwashing work like this. Once a position is identified that is counter to that which the indoctrinator wishes the subject to hold, that subject is reintroduced constantly with a combination of reasoned arguments and outright ridicule at the position being deemed as incorrect. Over time the subjects resistance is broken down from opposition, to tolerance, and finally to open acceptance.

SWalker on March 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Hilarious chain reaction of Democratic Senators started with Republican Rob Portman. Like if Charles Schumer all the sudden endorsed a balanced budget, and a bunch of Republican Senators evolved their positions to favor a balanced budget too. It’s comical.

Paul-Cincy on March 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

You Socialist trash, you TELL us what to DO with every breath that you take.

Absolute, lying filth. The epitome of the political pig in perpetuity.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

BuzzCrutcher on March 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, she can speak to gay groups and start with something along the lines of “as a woman, I know first hand the kind of inequality gays face in our society.”

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I think Senator Burr (R-NC) also supports SSM, but I don’t think he’s going to be honest in public about it.

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Democratic gay-marriage pool update

NCAA basketball pool: out
Senators evolving on their gay marriage position pool: in

Paul-Cincy on March 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM

“When did the prohibition of homosexual marriage become unconstitutional?” -Scalia.

Brilliant.

Akzed on March 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I am so very sick of this. There is no such thing as ‘SSM’. Dear leader and his ilk, like HAGan of NC, hasten to destroy The United States and remake it in their own image as a massive welfare dependency state, and this is just another stroke of the ax.
Destroy the financial institutions, bankrupt the country beyond all hope of recovery, dismantle anything that has to do with morality, ridicule Christianity and personal responsibility, redistribute the earnings of those who work, pander to all deviates and what do you have? Obama’s dream of destroyed freedom and slavery for all except for the elites.
Remember that Hitler, too, pandered to deviates until he had total control of Germany. Anyone know what he did then? He had them imprisoned and murdered.

maryo on March 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Ask a proponent of homosexual marriage why those that have polyamourous relationships can’t marry 3 or 4 people and they will just get offended that only THEY should be allowed to get married.

Why? If it’s open just because of love then why can’t Maria marry her Mexican goat that she brought up from Juarez?

Why can’t Mimi Hoffensloffer, the heiress to the German Restaurant chain marry her favorite bowl of saurkraut?

Madness from a society that lies dying, and in need for someone to come and breathe life back into it.

PappyD61 on March 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM

From AP,

AP, you should make this into a friendly wager. If you’re right with Carper you win, but if one of us wins you buy us all a beverage of our choice. Waddasay?

On the Meggie Mac front, who the fluke cares what that cow thinks about anything anyway! She is a nobody now and has always been a nobody. Why anyone gives her the time of day confuses the crap outta me.

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Glad you see this as pure pandering and nothing more.

I just hope that the Supremes leaves this issue where it belongs. It is a State issue period.

Sadly we’ll likely see them overrule the will of the voters in CA. Not the way a Constitutional Republic is supposed to work, is it?

D-fusit on March 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My prediction from this morning:

I am predicting two more Senators come out for SSM today: Carper(D-DE) and one of these three, Kirk (R-IL), Hagan (D-NC), or Murkowski (R-AK).

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Still a few more hours left for me to be right!

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yep. Kind of like back in th 80′s celebrities all running to the microphones to announce they had been sexually molested when the were young. So many did it, it just rang hollow and screamed “look at me!!! Feel sorry for me!!!!”

Bitter Clinger on March 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM

O’Reilly is just “Looking out for the FOLKS.” He does the same on every issue. Nothing ever works out for the “FOLKS.”

alanstern on March 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Just for fun, I’m going with Tim Kaine. He may look like a child molester but he’s a true blue Democrat and has five years for Virginians to forget that he supports sodomy. He’ll go over to the dark side by 4pm tomorrow.

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

“we should not tell people who they can love or who they can marry.”…

Oh, good! We shouldn’t even have the right to tell people WHAT they can love or marry. Looks like a great opening for the demands of Polygamists, NAMBLA, incest ,and cross-species proponents to have their concepts of marriage recognized and accepted by force of law!

Goodie!!

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

***

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I’m no BOR fan, and it nauseates me to hear him prattle on that he’s been for civil unions all along because he just wants all Americans to be happy. Nevertheless, last night, he seemed–at least to me–to be going all in against Obama and the Dems on the national debt and deficit spending. By comparison, Krauthammer, whom he was interviewing just after his TPM, seemed like a squish, suggesting that there’s still plenty of time. As far as I’m concerned, BOR is the only person in media with a decent-sized megaphone who’s screaming about the national debt and deficits.

BuckeyeSam on March 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

This is being done to put pressure on the Supreme Court, specifically John Taxman Roberts.

Wigglesworth on March 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

O’Reilly has always been an opportunistic blowhard, it’s just more obvious these days.

Ukiah on March 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

alanstern on March 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It doesn’t work because of the arrogance behind that “folks” thing. It asserts the O’Reilly is smarter and better than the “folks” but unlike others of his class, he’s looking out for us little people who are too damned stupid and powerless to do things for ourselves. O’Reilly, of course, doesn’t really give a rat’s behind about anybody but himself.

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Paul-Cincy on March 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

And they’re clueless as to how comical it is.

Bitter Clinger on March 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM

This is about campaign funds from the far Left for Hagan.

matthew8787 on March 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

He is above the fray and looks down upon us. We are mere children, in need of his explanation, his comforting, his direction. We are fools, in need of his omniscience.

The pompous, stuffed ass.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM

It’s going to be fun watching people like Hagan, Testor, Portman be wiped off the map.

I can already since the autopsy reports.

“UH, it appears to not be a good idea to back SSM if you don’t live in a state with a large and well-heeled LGB community…”

budfox on March 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

If McCain comes out, then it’s a strategy for Lindsay’s reelection.

Lindsay’s going to get primaried either way, so he might as well use it to get Paul Singer to fill his coffers and become the poster boy of the LBGOP.

budfox on March 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I think this “who you can love” line demonstrates the weakness of the same sex marriage argument. No one on the pro-marriage side is trying to tell people who to love.

Bill O’Reilly is a blowhard but he is right that there should be more to pro-marriage arguments than just the religious one. Every child deserves a mother and father is better. Even the seculars in France figured that out.

monalisa on March 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

we should not tell people who they can love or who they can marry

So I can marry Kate Upton now?

AWESOME!

I mean just because she doesn’t want to marry me is no reason to let people tell me who I can love and who I can marry.

18-1 on March 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Myron Falwell on March 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

They went left during the 2008 election. I haven’t watch them since. As far as Bill O’Reilly goes. I use to watch him all the time. Right up to the point I realized he was a conservative for the money. He parroted conservative views because it put food on the table. As he got more entrenched and secure he started to let the mask slip.

Dr. Frank Enstine on March 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I think some of the Dems are counting on SCOTUS legalizing gay marriage

Well, they’ve got 4 votes for sure, and only need one of John Souter Roberts or Anthony “Finger in the Air” Kennedy.

18-1 on March 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Is she yet another who lied to voters before her last election? It’d be nice if they all lost next go ’round, if only to demonstrate that there are consequences for pretending to be something you’re not (read: anything other than a progressive Dem), C’mon, red staters…how often do you have to fall for the charade before you open your eyes?

And this continues to irritate me:

No one is telling people who they can love with respect to this issue. Period. But, does she argue that we tell people who they can love when we ban polygamy? Incest? It’s not true that we shouldn’t tell people who they can “love”….we do it all the time already.

changer1701 on March 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How do you feel about all the facebook love?

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Why, what’s happening?

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

So I can marry Kate Upton now?

AWESOME!

Dude! Absolutely!!

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

What if you deem yourself to be bisexual, can you marry one of each?

DDay on March 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

BOR twice had the opportunity to ask actual hard questions when interviewing Barky, what did he do with those opportunities?
The guys in my local rec-league softball teams would label that as batting practice.

Haven’t watched him since and doubt I ever will again.

Hagen for the win.

D-fusit on March 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Oh, please, everyone is going to endorse it. Even if they don’t believe they are doing the right thing. It’s just another Republicans hate something tactic, all must fall in line or be labelled as haters.

Cindy Munford on March 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

“We all want the same thing for our families. We want happiness, we want health, prosperity, a bright future for our children and grandchildren.”

Yeah, I’m sure those SSM couples will produce lots of children and grandchildren. Do these people even listen to what they say or is she just attempting to fully normalize SS couples as no different from non-SS couples?

we should not tell people who they can love, or who they can marry.

How about telling that to the rest of the world? Say like Islamic countries or maybe India. A significant number of marriages on this world are arranged ones. Heck, I worked with two Indian guys that only meet their wives within days of the wedding and that was for formal dinners so they could get to know them before the wedding day.

Dr. Frank Enstine on March 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

So I can marry Kate Upton now?

AWESOME!

18-1 on March 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Stay thirsty, my friend! ;0

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I suggest a name change to Bathhousepundit.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on March 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

What happened to the 17 Trillion debt problem? What happened to the tracking job creation? “What is wrong with this country?????

jake49 on March 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

well well well
She said “When I find out, I will let you know”
I think she just told us.

That is all…….

nchammer on March 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

liberalism is a cancer

ultracon on March 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

jake49 on March 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Clearly you’re just a hater. ;0

Happy Nomad on March 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM

The former head of the Democrat Party of NC stepped down because he hid homosexual harassment from the party’s executive director for a year. Now the new head of the Democrat Party of NC is facing tax evasion issue.

So, yeah, sinking ship and Hagan is taking her sodomite life raft off of the boat. But, it would be something to see Rev. William ‘the buffet slayer’ Barber back Hagan.

LoganSix on March 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Why, what’s happening?

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Everybody suddenly found it was cool to change their facebook profiles to equal signs in solidarity for gay marriage. It was cute if it wasn’t so tragic. Some of the people I know that did it couldn’t name the Vice President or what the frickin deficit is and have actually told me I am too political, but jumped right on the cool band wagon to support gay marriage.

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Gay Air needs to update its Wiki entry.

Schadenfreude on March 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Oh. brother.

Yep, it’s just hopping on the bandwagon. A fabulous, glittery bandwagon, but still…a bandwagon. :)

JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ironically, had Elizabeth Dole not lost to Hagan in 2008, she would probably be in favor of gay marriage herself at this point.

steebo77 on March 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM

“we should not tell people who they can love or who they can marry.”…

Goodie!!

Hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yes, these folks should really think of new phrasing unless they want a stampede of “bronies” demanding marriage licenses. Such a turn of events sounds inconceivable…until you read about grown men claiming to be engaged to cartoon ponies, and then anything seems likely.

While I am not in favor of legislating into existence that which is impossible, I accept the inevitability of “SSM,” but I think it will also inevitably lead to some interesting public debate about what constitutes personhood, consent and even marriage itself. All because who are we to tell people who they can love and who they can marry. Indeed.

Threshing Flora on March 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Slacktivism at its finest, and incredibly annoying. And yes, the very same people pushing their politics on everyone else are the same ones that complain when someone they don’t agree with posts something political.

changer1701 on March 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I just changed mine to a greater than sign, and talked about how I support gay supremacy. I wonder if I will get any amusing responses from my dim witted leftist “friends”.

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

melle1228 on March 27, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I’m thinking about making a red infinity sign to raise awareness for the debt.

OliverB on March 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Just think how much more cool it will be to change the facebook profiles to =++++++++ signs in support of equal AND multiple marriages.

Why limit the number of people one can love and marry?

All too soon to come.

Our islamic communities will be pleased and give their blessing for sure.

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on March 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Wow , I noticed that also . I can’t stand BOR anymore .
Unfortunately I fell asleep with the TV on an woke up
to that despicable individual .
What happens when churches refuse to marry gays ?

Lucano on March 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I’m thinking about making a red infinity sign to raise awareness for the debt.

OliverB on March 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

That’s an awesome idea. I don’t have Photoshop, and so I used Gimp to create my greater than sign. Gimp is a free Photoshop alternative and for most people it is much, much more than they need. There are probably even simpler alternatives out there to make a simple design.

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I can’t think of any good reasons why gay couples would want SSM.

Do they want to pay the marriage penalty on their taxes?
If they want to split up, do they really want to go through a divorce?
It’s not like they can’t both work so one of them can stay home and take care of the kids. They can both work and get insurance benefits.
Joint property, hospital visitation rights, etc. all can be handled with a simple contract.
Inheritance? Just get a will.

What they want is respect. Mostly they want people like me to be forced to respect their life style.

Abe Lincoln used to ask a question: “If you called a dogs tail a leg, how many legs would a dog have?”

Somebody always said; “Five”

Lincoln’s Response: “Nope, calling a tail a leg does not make it one. A dog still only has four legs.”

Calling a same sex relationship a marriage does not make it one. But the tail – leg thing is not a good analogy.

A better analogy reminds me of that old insult: “If my dogs face looked like that I would shave it’s butt and teach it to walk backwards.”

Enough said!

The Rock on March 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I’m picking Mary Landrieu next

OliverB on March 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

What happens when churches refuse to marry gays ?

They will be sued by the offended couples and lose tax exemption status until they apologize and evolve. Even including preaching and teaching negatively concerning homosexuality.

Failing to do that, they will be forced to dissolve, their church properties being seized by eminent domain as punishment for their bigotry and violating the civil rights of gays.

It’ll be the persecuted church deliberately driven underground.

I’m not kidding.

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I should be applauding all these ssm endorsements…but I can’t. It’s the political “in thing” fad recently for politicians to “come out” supporting ssm. These epiphanies are noting more than pandering…I don’t buy it. JetBoy on March 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I don’t care. I’m happy that they’ve endorsed gay marriage. They’re Democrats anyway. Let them pander and flip-flop. It’s not like I would vote for them anyway.

ZachV on March 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

… here’s an intriguing tidbit posted last night on Twitter by Meghan McCain:

She’s announced that she’s getting her own talk show on a new cable channel: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/27/meghan-mccain-show_n_2965087.html

… and here I thought that MSNBC was shooting for least watched cable channel on TV.

ZachV on March 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Oh great , now I feel better .
Is it 5 o’clock yet .

Lucano on March 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM

this will hurt hagen. talk about living in a bubble. NC just turned out in support of trational marriage. Now if her senator is going agains the will of the voters she is done come election time.

unseen on March 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

It is also an attempt to sway the SCOTUS.

unseen on March 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Perhaps same sex marriage will not be forced on us as soon as I thought.

North Carolina is the 31st state to reject same sex marriage in the voting booth. Unfortunately here in Iowa we did not get to vote. Judges made a law out of whole cloth.

Well we did get to vote 3 of the Supreme Court justices out of office.

The next state to vote on a marriage amendment is Minnesota. But Minneapolis is known in these parts as San Francisco Mid West, so it would not be a surprise if voters reject the marriage amendment.

Anyway, even if all 50 states voted against same sex marriage I doubt if the gay activists will give up.

The tyrants—including the democratic leadership–will keep pushing until same sex marriages are accepted.

So Hagan becaus eshe lives in the DC bubble and has forgotten what her state wants and has expressed at the ballot box endorses SSM. can’t wait for election time. The campaign ads write themselves.

unseen on March 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Oh great , now I feel better .
Is it 5 o’clock yet .

Lucano on March 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Its the entire Left that wants to put antiquated and obsolete faithful Christian churches and the Bible out of the business of influencing our culture and government. Activist homosexuals and their agenda are quite useful in that goal.

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

this so much reminds me of Mitt’s entire campaign.

create push polls showing the people love your policy/candidate. Have your supporters use the “phoney polls” to push the policy /candidate. Then wonder what the hell happen when the real people turn up at the ballot box and the results are 180 degree different form what the “polls” said.

NC voted against SSM last year. the people of North Carolina have not changed their minds. Hagan is saying she doesn’t give a crap about what the will of We the people. she would rather go by phoney polls instead of the poll at the ballot box.

And ofr those that still don’t ge tit. Obama and the dems are doing what they did in 2012 making the election a base election. The GOPE are falling for the same crap by instead of backing what their bas ewants is caving for what the3 media tells them their base wants. which will drive down gop turnout in 2014 and drive up DEM turnout in 2014 giving Obama a shot at the house and keeping the senate.

If the gop wants to win they need to come out agaisnt SSM and drive those voters to the polls. and against obamacare and against the rest of the dem agenda including a path to citizenship.

unseen on March 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM

watch in 20 years reading and quoting form the bible will be considered a hate crime.

unseen on March 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Okay this whole SSM debate has just officially jumped the shark. I was just on Facebook and someone posted a glamour shot of the great political thinker George Clooney with a quote supporting SSM. The world has gone mad.

OliverB on March 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Reading some passages aloud in public already is in Canada, IIRC.

hawkeye54 on March 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

thuja on March 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM

LOL– That is hilarious- you gay supremist you.. I just want to ask my non/ignorant politico friends what they have actually done for gay rights other than change their facebook profiles– but that would make me intolerant- so I don’t.

sigh…