MSNBC panelists: A lot of this opposition to Bloomberg’s anti-gun campaign is probably fueled by anti-Semitism

posted at 12:41 pm on March 25, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Womp. Sometimes I wonder if some of these MSNBC panelists will ever be able to resist the temptation to play into caricatures of themselves and maybe stick to intellectually honest, reasonable argumentation instead of descending into despicable race-card territory, but just last week Chris Matthews was once again musing on how it is that anyone black could possibly support the Tea Party, and then suggesting that ethnicity was a factor in Michele Bachmann’s recent criticisms of the president. So, heck, here’s Mike Barnicle and Al Sharpton starting the week off right by bringing anti-Semitism into the fold in discussing the backlash against NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg’s self-funded gun-control campaign, because let’s be real: Who could possibly be opposed to sentiments like “I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom,” other than hateful, racist, anti-Semitic, bigoted fringe lunatics? Good question, guys. Really valid and hard-hitting, you know? Via National Review:

“Let’s get down to it, Mike Bloomberg, mayor of New York City, there’s a level of antisemitism in this thing directed towards Bloomberg,” Barnicle argued on Morning Joe , “It’s out there.” “No doubt about it,” Sharpton responded.

“If he was not a big-city Jewish man and was from another ethnic group, in some parts, I think it would be different,” Sharpton continued.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What is worse is that there are low information voters out there that take this crap as gosple…

Seven Percent Solution on March 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Liam on March 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Oy vey! What a schmuck!

You have to admit, though, with the price of gas nowadays, they don’t have any cash left for a 5-star after they finish filling their plane up for the return trip! ;)

GWB on March 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I f**king hate these guys SO damn much.

ThePrez on March 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Israel’s citizenry is among the most armed in the world. Are Jewish Israelis anti-Semitic too?

WhatSlushfund on March 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM

There are plenty of anti-semites in the president’s cabinet who hate clingy gun owners as well.

paulsur on March 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I guess they haven’t seen the pro-gun picture floating around on the Superhighway with the caption along the lines of “the last movie I saw where only the police and military have guns was ‘Schindler’s List’”.

Scopper on March 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I’m a New York Jew, even though I now live in northern Arizona, and I HATE Bloomberg, from his idiotic gun-ban mentality to his loathsome nanny-state regulations.

Many years ago in New York, my girlfriend was raped when a gun in her purse would have saved her from her knife-wielding assailant.

A hoody-wearing man (in a Phoenix summer!) ran out of a convenience store when I walked in with an HK on my hip. The store owner thanked me.

A drug-crazed man banging on my car window in Vegas ran away after I pulled out my HK.

Don’t tell me a gun can’t protect you.

Dan Tanna on March 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Amazing. Most of the anti-semitism and just about all of the anti-Israeli sentiment is on the left these days. The entire Obama regime is evidence of that (Hagel and Brennan), as well as things that have been said by Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Farrakhan, Bill Ayers, and others.

Recall the Democrat Convention, when it was made public that they had removed from the platform the part about Jerusalem being the capital of Israel. When they tried to use a verbal vote to put that back in, clearly half of the Dems at the convention voted a resounding No.

TarheelBen on March 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hahahahahaha, just when you think that MSNBC can’t sink any lower they reach into the bowels of their bag of insidious accusations and come up with this, and call it “newsworthy”. Hahahahaha.

scalleywag on March 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

It’s racism, pure and simple. And it’s Bush’s fault.

The Rogue Tomato on March 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

“Let’s get down to it, Mike Bloomberg, mayor of New York City, there’s a level of antisemitism in this thing directed towards Bloomberg,” Barnicle argued on Morning Joe , “It’s out there.” “No doubt about it,” Sharpton responded.

Okay question for the plagerist Barnicle and the racist Sharpton.

Why is there anti-semitism over guns but not the other aspects of the nanny state? Were those who opposed the drink cup limits Jew haters or just thirsty? I’m okay if you want to make the anti-semite charge but you need to show consistency. I’m willing to bet most of the stupid people watching MSNBC didn’t even know that Bloomberg was a Jew. You can’t selectively decide when antisemites are the cause of your problems in gutting the Constitution. Perhaps it is something else.

Happy Nomad on March 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM

How about anti-sharptonism? Anybody think this guy is reverend?

StevC on March 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I f**king hate these guys SO damn much.

ThePrez on March 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Agreed. I don’t want to hate any of my fellow citizens, man or woman, but it’s getting harder and harder to see the Left as anything other than The Enemy.

The baseless, reprehensible things they say on a daily basis just beggars belief…

CaptFlood on March 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I guess that must be why, this Jewish son of Holocaust survivors, me, is against Bloomberg’s anti-gun campaign.

skatz51 on March 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You know, this whole issue is another case of a) this administration’s efforts to divide the country, and b) proof that the left couldn’t give a rat’s a$$ about our constitutional rights and wants to control every aspect of our lives. And part of that plan is for the media to smear anyone who doesn’t agree with them, whether they happen to be overweight, smoke, make too much money, or doesn’t believe in abortion.

scalleywag on March 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

free-thinkgin thinking Jew

Schadenfreude on March 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We are legion.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We are legion.

skatz51 on March 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

GWB on March 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Kids say the darnedest things, but sheer idiocy is the private realm of liberals.

Years ago, a black Dem Congresscritter said that 100 million Africans died on slave ships and were thrown overboard. He said that, even after 200 years, sharks still followed those old shipping routes because of it.

Funny, I didn’t know sharks taught their young that if they follow an old route they get get an easy meal. I imagine those sharks were very disappointed to learn the actual truth. Worse, though, is that no one in the liberal media dared question that liberal, let alone did an actual fact check on the statement.

As for me, I’m still waiting for Guam to tip over.

Liam on March 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Bloomberg’s job approval rating is only 50%.
I never knew anti-Semitism was so rampant in NY. /

lynncgb on March 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM

scalleywag on March 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

You laugh, but their side is winning. And credit where its due: MSNBC may have low ratings but no one can doubt their commitment to their cause, their willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve what they believe. Prostitute professional ethics? No problem. Compromise principles? Say when. Throw away fair play and integrity? You got it.

Meanwhile, Karl Rove worries GOP candidates in upcoming congressional races might not be inoffensive or accommodating enough.

troyriser_gopftw on March 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

When a liberal like Bloomberg says or does something stupid, my first thought is not, “He’s a Jew.” My first thought is, invariably, something I can’t write here because ladies are present and the mods will become very unhappy with that kind of language.

Liam on March 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM

racist, liberal, partisan, bigots

ultracon on March 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

If that’s winning I’ll take being a loser any day.

scalleywag on March 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Does one have to take stupid pills to be on MSNBC? Sure seems likely.

sadatoni on March 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Oh wow… a disgraced plagarist and a race-baiter say it’s so, therefore we must accept it…

/sarc

dpduq on March 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM

It’s why I’m packing. I hate them Joooos.

What? Jesus was a what?

davidk on March 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

troyriser_gopftw on March 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

No doubt about it. The left will always find the way to warp, twist, hide, distort and pervert all things political. And the Democrat sheep just bobble their heads up and down and say yes, yes, yes. Ever try pointing out indisputable truths to a liberal? I think it might require detox and deprogramming before any facts would actually make a difference.

lynncgb on March 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

free-thinkgin thinking Jew

Schadenfreude on March 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We are legion.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We are legion.

skatz51 on March 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Latest vacation-du-jour craze in Las Vegas is Hassidim organizing group trips to gun ranges. Must be anti-semites, all of them.

As an ex-NY Jew I have no idea why these morons time and again give the rest of us a bad name. Not that Hollywood fake Jews are any better.

riddick on March 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM

If that’s winning I’ll take being a loser any day.

scalleywag on March 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I’m not saying we need to adopt their methods. I’m saying we need to counter those methods effectively. If the GOP had a rapid media response team in place to address, say, accusations of antisemitism coming from flaming antisemite Al Sharpton and point out the brazen hypocrisy of MSNBC’s accusation, then at least that accusation would be countered. I mean, why isn’t there a little mini-documentary going on right now profiling Al Sharpton’s history of violent agitation? A recitation of the names of people burned alive by an anti-Jewish mob he incited?

Fight them at every turn. Let nothing pass. If you let it pass, you concede the point.

troyriser_gopftw on March 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Tell us the story about “Hymietown” again, Unka Al…

mojo on March 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

just in time for Passover…

when the race pimp needs points, he’s only got once shot!

burserker on March 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM

If the Leftists had any brains they’d have their blacks and Jews use reverse psychology all the time so the racists and anti-Semites on the Right would blindly vote for what Leftists really want.

Akzed on March 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM

t’s racism, pure and simple. And it’s Bush’s fault.

The Rogue Tomato on March 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Absolutely.

Before Bush, we all lived in blissful racial harmony. Ebony and Ivory, as it were.

Then…Boooshitlerchenyhaliburton!!!

Poor lil barry d’ohbama is just tryin’ his dead-level best to heal the country and return us to that Edenic state…but he’s got such a hard row to hoe. All ’cause of those damn white people. And Joos. And Bush.

//////

Solaratov on March 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM

How about anti-sharptonism? Anybody think this guy is reverend? StevC on March 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I’d wish someone interviewing him sometime would ask him about the union of Christ’s divine and human natures, aka the hypostatic union.

“Rev. Al, please give us a brief description of the hypostatic union and what it means for believers.”

Or “Rev. Al, please recite the Nicene Creed.”

Or “Rev. Al, what does et folioque mean, and what controversy did it spawn?”

He would resist we much or something.

Akzed on March 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM

What? Jesus was a what?

davidk on March 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Community Organizer

The first, evidently.

Didn’t you get the memo?

Solaratov on March 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

NYC is the best city on Earth.

nonpartisan on March 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Del Dolemonte on March 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If only Bloomberg were a rich white guy.

Rusty Allen on March 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Al must think everyone’s forgotten his antics in NY when he was constantly trying to set the city on fire. I haven’t:

That same year, anti-Semitic riots erupted in Brooklyn’s Crown Heights section after a Hasidic Jewish driver accidentally ran over and killed a 7-year-old black boy. Delivering the eulogy at the boy’s funeral, Sharpton told the mourners:

“Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights. The issue is not anti-Semitism; the issue is apartheid…. All we want to say is what Jesus said: If you offend one of these little ones, you got to pay for it. No compromise, no meetings, no coffee klatsch, no skinnin’ and grinnin’.”

“If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”

RadClown on March 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM

There are dead Jews in Brooklyn because of this retarded, racist anti-semitic piece of garbage, but Joe Scarborough sits there with sh!t in his mouth while Al Sharpton throws out mindless accusations of anti-semitism?

Breathtaking.

Jaibones on March 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

S. D. on March 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM

S. D. on March 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I joined in December.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

…where’s the bigot?

KOOLAID2 on March 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Lessee…Bloomberg is Jewish. If I disagree with his politics, I’m an antisemite?

My husband is Jewish, that makes me….his wife.

My husband also disagrees with Bloomberg’s politics. What does that make my husband? Smart.

Sharpton is one of the biggest tools on television. Desperate, with so very little intellectual ammunition in his holster.

GeeWhiz on March 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Al Sharpton is an anti-white bigot. I don’t know why people don’t grasp this simple truth, simply relegate him to the ranks of Black Panthers and KKK kooks, and forget about him.

RebeccaH on March 26, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Now that they’ve gone there, they’ve admitted that they’ve run out of rational arguments.

Russ in OR on March 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM

This group should be named “The Anal Group” ! They are all assholes!!!

Jersey Dan on March 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Sharpton speaks; morons listen.

claudius on March 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

“Put simply, we cannot allow the rights of a few to override the safety of all. That is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned.”

- Senator Dianne Feinstein, the living embodiment of an Absolute Shall

Just sit and think about that for a few. It is profound in its abject stupidity and utter lack of understanding of the rights of people, the Constitution, the intentions of the Founding Fathers, and the very basis for the founding of this Republic…not to mention her usual condescension.

Resist We Much on March 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM