Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

Today, tea party favorite Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., became the latest prominent Republican to confuse the immigration conversation by avoiding specific language on citizenship — perhaps by design.

Paul lent his growing political weight to the issue with a speech widely interpreted as endorsing a pathway to citizenship. But he did so without making clear what that path would look like, or by even using the words “citizen” or “citizenship” – and of course steering far clear of any hint of a word like “amnesty.”…

“They’re really trying to find the sweet spot. It’s hard for them – they’ve moved a huge distance in a short time,” said Frank Sharry, executive director of the pro-reform group America’s Voice, which has frequently criticized lawmakers for standing in the way of a path to citizenship.

“Republicans are trying to find a place where they’re pro-Latino, but not attacked from the right. It’s a hard place to find,” Sharry said.

***

The Associated Press is standing by its report that Sen. Rand Paul intended to back a path to citizenship in his speech Tuesday to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, despite the fact that he did not do so, and despite claims from advisers that the AP’s story is wrong.

“AP stands by its story. In a copy of his prepared speech given to AP by his office Monday night, Sen. Paul made clear that illegal immigrants would have a path towards probationary legal status and then towards a green card, which allows people to eventually apply to become U.S. citizens,” Washington Bureau Chief Sally Buzbee said in a statement sent to POLITICO.

“In the speech he delivered Tuesday, he omitted that point,” she continued. “After the speech, however, Paul again confirmed, while speaking to reporters, that under his plan, illegal immigrants would ultimately be able to apply for citizenship after a long and complex process.”

***

Senator Rand Paul clarified today that he was not opposed to an eventual pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

“The immigration debate has been trapped and it’s been polarized by two terms: ‘path to citizenship’ and ‘amnesty,’” Paul told reporters in a conference call this afternoon. “So everybody who doesn’t want anything to move forward calls every proposal that somebody else wants ‘pathway to citizenship’ or ‘you’re granting amnesty.’ Can’t we have reform and just not call them by names that discourage the progress from going forward?”…

Paul was uneasy with the idea of harsh financial penalties for illegal immigrants. “If you had to pay back all your back payroll taxes and you’ve been working here for ten years, that would be thousands and thousands of dollars . . . so to get your work visa, I wouldn’t have any kind of big penalty like that,” he remarked. “If you’re going to get in the other line for citizenship, if they’re going to make it real easy, like you get right into the green-card line, then maybe you have to have pay penalties.”

Instead, Paul would prefer that penalty “be just the slowness to the process, not the money, because I think it would be prohibitive for a lot of people to come up with a large fine.”

***

Senator Paul doesn’t like the language used to describe amnesty…

This is hilarious. “Path to citizenship” is itself a euphemism, one of many dreamed up to avoid the A-word, in the wake of focus groups conducted in 2001 by the National Council of La Raza to advise the Mexican government on how to push amnesty. The fact that they need to keep dreaming up new euphemisms once everyone understands what the old ones stand for should be a sign that the underlying policy is the problem, not the labels attached to it.

***

As a rule (generalizations are always dangerous) paleoconservatives tend to be populist and protectionist (think Pat Buchanan). They worry a lot about immigration and stress border security. Conversely, libertarians tend to be less nationalistic, instead viewing themselves as citizens of the world.

As advocates of free markets and trade, libertarians tend to believe immigration laws should “match the reality of a dynamic society and labor market.”

Based on today’s news — on the immigration issue, at least — it’s clear Paul’s libertarian side won out.

***

The key elements of Rand Paul’s immigration plan: a) securing the border, b) expanded high-skill, entrepreneur visas with total numbers determined by a bipartisan panel, c) no national ID card or mandatory E-Verify, and d) a route to legalization for illegal immigrants.

I guess that last point is particularly controversial because of Paul’s Tea Party support. But what really struck me is that aside from rejecting both the national ID card “forcing businesses to become policemen,” the Paul plan doesn’t seem to be very libertarian. While he wants more immigration, his path to legalization is more restrictionist than Marco Rubio’s path to citizenship for illegals…

Paul’s outspoken libertarian beliefs are really what make him interesting as a national political figure. His immigration plan seems like a missed opportunity to advance the argument.

***

Worse, unlike the Gang of Ocho amnesty plan endorsed by Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., Paul would force Republicans to play the role border-security-bad-guys every year. The Washington Examiner‘s Byron York reports, “Under his proposal, the border would have to be verified secure by some government agency and then — this is a key step for Paul — voted on by Congress on a yearly basis.”

You don’t have to be a genius to figure out how this would turn out. Every year a majority of Republicans would vote to say the border was not secure and those who came to the country illegally should not continue down the path to citizenship. And every year every Democrat and a minority of Republicans would vote the opposite, allowing those who came illegally to advance down that path… until of course they are all sworn in as Democratic voters.

Paul’s plan would do nothing to endear the Republican party to immigrant communities, would do nothing to secure the border, and would only incentivize new waves of illegal immigrants to come to the U.S. and wait for their special, one-time-only “path to citizenship.”

***

In his speech, Paul made the now-standard case for more border security and a pathway to citizenship for the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants: “If you wish to live and work in America, then we will find a place for you.” He also made the well-worn argument that Republicans are permanent losers if they don’t win more Hispanic votes. Like others, he sees Hispanics as natural Republicans but for the immigration issue.

But all of the polling data suggest otherwise. The Pew Research Center notes, “Latinos have often been characterized as more socially conservative than most Americans. On some issues, such as abortion, that’s true. But on others, such as acceptance of homosexuality, it is not. When it comes to their own assessments of their political views, Latinos, more so than the general public, say their views are liberal.” It’s telling that when asked if they backed President Obama’s position that “health insurance organizations should be required to cover contraception,” 68 percent of Hispanics said yes; only 11 percent said no…

It’s true that George W. Bush did well with Hispanics and maybe — maybe — the Republicans can get some of that mojo back even as they still ignore Bush himself. But Hispanics are younger and bluer than they were in 2000. Younger Cuban-Americans are trending Democratic. It’s not at all clear Bush would do as well today. After all, Ronald Reagan passed immigration reform and no benefit accrued to Republicans. John McCain was the author of immigration reform and he only got 31 percent of Hispanics compared to Mitt Romney’s 27 percent. It’s true that new polling shows Hispanics say they’re more likely to be open to pro-pathway candidates. Still, maybe Paul will become a Hispanic icon. But that seems as likely as a run on Spanish editions of Atlas Shrugged.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

He’s rugged wrinkled can play guitar looks good with long hair and for some reason I have always loved him…
Le Sigh

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hi Scrumpy, this one of his always makes me happy.

Just a feel good tune. ;)

arnold ziffel on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Bluegill, WTH?

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Carson will fizzle. Paul is a loon. Rubio a tool. Ryan too young. Walker is the guy.
Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Walker’s strong support for amnesty is a big turn-off for me.

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Not familiar with that term?

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Yeah, I thought that might be a little to regional a reference. I will explain at some juncture. Probably in two parts. Not here though. ; )

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Classic..:):)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

If so, then I am down to Cruz and Carson.

I trust Cruz. But there is a lot of time to go.

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I have a much, much more bigger problem about Carson’s views on gun ownership than Paul’s immigration views.

midgeorgian on March 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I don’t get it. Rand’s plan in his own words sort of sounds like the ideal down the middle approach. No citizenship, but normalization. So where are all the moderates to jump out and endorse this?

aryeung on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

So… Dire… you realize that now I’ll be thinking of you as a sort of cooler Capt. Jack Sparrow…in Dark Side of the Moon PJ’s. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Perhaps, but Walker sucks as a front man at a National level.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Like Obama’care’, one way or another, but for amnesty they’ll have accomplices from the Rs in the House/Senate, they’ll pass a comprehensive bill.

Politically pitchfork them in 2014, all in the House, who do, and those who’re up in the Senate, who do.

Good evening all, you too bluegill.

Actually bluegill, if you would lay off focusing on SP so much, insulting those who’re not in love with Romney, you’d be pretty sound. Occasionally, when you do, you’re totally cool.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I just saw Cruz yesterday and he told me there is no freakin’ way he is gonna EVER betray bluegill! Now that is clear….

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

arnold ziffel on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Excellent..Classic tune..:)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

arnold ziffel on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Yeah it is :-) ty for posting!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I think he’ll come out for amnesty.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Dire, I could make you look like Harry Chapin. ; )

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM

LOL! Good evening, Axefellow! So… :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I figured. no problem!

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I think he’ll come out for amnesty.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

They all will.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I’m left with Cruz, Ryan and Carson. Anyone else to keep in mind?
bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Hillary.

aryeung on March 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Fine, I’m gonna torture you with 90′s tunes. to be with you.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I figured. no problem!

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Its in the ATL.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

RWM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

My vision of Jackie!! Full of life light and airy!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Allahpundit asked which of the six Senators that signed that letter was more important? Then he answered his own question:-)

“The temptation is to say Cornyn because he’s number two in the caucus, but no. Cornyn’s name is here first and foremost because Cruz’s name is here; Cornyn’s desperate to avoid a tea-party challenge in the primary of the sort that propelled Cruz into the Senate so there’ll be no daylight between him and his junior colleague from now until next November.”

LOL, so true.

I commented that’s the same reason McConnell is sticking close to Rand Paul:-)

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Axe

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

My real issue is with the people who will accept no one but her. That is what drives me to criticize her. I don’t think SP will run, and I don’t think could win if she did, so I go after people who are stuck on only her because I think it’s a problem. And I don’t like how SP tries to divide conservatives. In all honesty, I actually like Palin for the most part, but I see the fan club built around her as a problem. Though SP’s pull seems to have waned.

I would never in a million years not vote or vote third party.

Oh, well. Off to bed now. Let’s hope Cruz knocks us all out and continues to rise. I think he has a lot of potential.

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Who is BedBug?

A commenter on last night’s HA QotD – spent all eve for Hillary…just “telling us how it’s gon’ be”.

And I don’t believe Cruz will betray me. We shall see, though.

I hope so, for all of us, but I doubt it.

So Ryan supports a similar amnesty plan, too?

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Well, he ran with Mitt.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I guarantee you find a candidate in 2016 who isn’t for it.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

You won’t.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Yeah, but he’s still the Bomb!

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM

That is beautiful Axe!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

LOL! Good evening, Axefellow! So… :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I’m recompiling. Once again, something unexpectedly worked. :) If this keeps up, I might buy some pants.

Got a couple hours . . .

Your project clicking along? :)

I’ve already thoroughly expressed my disdain for amnesty and no longer feel the need to talk to people (vicariously) that have no interest whatever in anything I might say or do, beyond voting for them.

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

BTW – I checked out that “photoshop” site and you’re not bragging or being disingenuous: Your Palin piece would have won First Place Gold there……..

Actually – pretty sure that ANY of your pieces that you have shared here would have destroyed the stuff they had there….

“Bush Rides Again”? PULLEASE!!

Your work is nuanced, exquisite – and virtually poetic – not to mention seamless!

You do good work!

Them? Not so much…….

williamg on March 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Cruz creeps me out.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Jackie has such style and grace. Big fan right here!

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Axe

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

BMore!

Great Palin thing. Total classic.

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

They will never vote GOP. I have many family members who are half “Hispanic”. I am also part. They have grown to despise America, whites, capitalism, everything about America. They think of themselves as some sort of Aztec royalty. They learn this hatred not only in Spanish class, but in History, English, Science, etc.

pat on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

You’re far too sweet and kind, Scrumpy. I’m overwhelmed. Thank you. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Thanks Axe, glad you have been able to peek in and see some of the work. I studied up a bit more on what you are doing. It hurt.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM

They know that I used to like he but so long as she doesn’t run don’t waste too much energy. I tease them sometimes. You could still say what you want, without insulting them. It’s your call. Been meaning to tell you this for a time, fwiw. They, most all, voted for Romney, reluctantly. The Paulites mostly didn’t, or stayed home. Who knows…likely many conservatives did too.

I would never in a million years not vote or vote third party.

If a RINO squis is the one in 2016, I will not vote, for the first time.

bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

May you be right. Still, I think he’s for amnesty. Nite.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

The radiant Tina Korbe?

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Thank you williamg, we’ll see how I end up doing over there.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I’m left with Cruz, Ryan and Carson. Anyone else to keep in mind?
bluegill on March 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

It’s way too early to get fully behind any candidate for 2016. During the next four years the stronger candidates will begin the stand out. We’ll have a better picture in 2015.

midgeorgian on March 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Did Scrumpy go to bed?

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Evening Dire

———-
Scrumpy, you don’t think that Jackie is Russian.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

The radiant Tina Korbe?

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Aw. :) I’ve been perused.

But now we have to get married or my dad’s going to have a fit.

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I really like the fact that some of the new blood, especially in the Senate, are starting to really drive the conversation. We need new leadership in congress desperately.

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

midgeorgian on March 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I agree it might be a little early..But you have some “minor” moves being made..2014 things will begin big time..Fund raising is key..:)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:26 AM

On the latter I find myself in agreement with you.

On the former I’m delighted to hear that your work is going well. You’ve worked very hard and you deserve success.:)

On the issue of my own projects, yes, work is progressing apace. Thanks for asking.:)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I really like Lee and Chaffetz out of utah.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I’m a fan of yours, too, Ken. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

No, it’s an impression that’s all and ballet comes close :-)

Ballet represents beauty and life and softness and strength knowledge… all the things I find that Jackie has as a person!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

You’ve got some good stuff.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Opening

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I was seeking images…and can’t find what I am looking for…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Blushing…

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

You were looking for a picture of me.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I really like Lee and Chaffetz out of utah.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:36 AM

What about Trey Gowdy?

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Early call time again.

Good Night All.

Bmore on March 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:35 AM

I think of your work often. I have no idea why. I should bill you as an employee. :)

. . . but, minimum wage is $22 an hour I hear, so . . . I’ll skip it.

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Good night B!

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

You’ve got some good stuff.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Thanks man. :)

You know, you could get a site up and use it to post some of your stuff here and there . . .

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Good night Bmore God Bless and sleep well!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM

The issue of which of the signatories is ‘more important’ depends entirely on perspective and relevance.

Relevant to what?

In terms of time spent steadfastly asking the tough questions and trying to counter the progressive movement in congress, my hat’s off to Grassley and Sessions. They’ve been stalwarts for years.

In terms of genuine clout in committee and on the hill, again, those two are at the top of the list.

If we’re talking about star appeal, popular appeal, then, yes, Cruz, has to be the guy. He’s only been in office for a couple of months, so, in my opinion, it’s difficult to know what his stance will be on many of the issues. Will he become a stalwart like Grassley and Sessions? Only time will tell.

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Jackie in the Glade

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I’ve been thinking about it. Got a few poetry books I’ve been reading.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Regarding Rand Paul’s immigration plan…. I think we need to look at the political facts and that is Reid is going to pass an Immigration plan of some kind. And Boehner in the House will pass it and no amendments will be allowed by him.

We have Obama’s Plan; the Gang of 8 Plan; Rubio’s Plan and now Paul’s Plan.

The other fact is no one is going to deport the Illegal Immigrants.

We know the reason Obama & the Dems want this and that’s for votes.

Unless we the American people take some action, more than likely we’ll get Obama’s Plan or the Gang of 8.

On this thread (link follows) the commenter wren listed all Senators that are up for election in 2014. I posted the U.S. House & U.S. Senate, phone & fax numbers.

I think that Rubio and Paul are putting their plans out in order to counter Obama’s & the Gang of 8. Since we’re going to get some plan, why not compare the plans and voice our opinions to our Senators and especially the ones up for election in 2014; instead of just waiting for Congress to pass what they want?

Link for the info mentioned above:http://hotair.com/archives/2013/03/19/gop-senators-warn-gang-of-eight-dont-try-to-ram-your-bill-through-without-extensive-floor-deliberation/

A long post, I know, but wanted to get this down before I crash:-)
Long, long day. Thanks for reading!

I’m sure you will have some contructive ideas as well and I’d love to hear them. I intend to be active in this and need all of the ideas I can get, LOL

Wishing all a great evening!!

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

We all have a ‘vision’ I think of each of us in our mind from what shines thru here…

Like Dire and Axe and Schad being like Pirates of old lol…

Ken is more like a Knight of old…

I see you as a Minstrel of old… playing a tune and reciting poems and stories of heroes and maidens and life as you see it…

It’s probably silly…

Sparky emotes for me Jim Carrey for some reason!!

SW well I know what he looks like! A Rockstar!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:19 AM

LoLz.. I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on March 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Cruz knocked out Feinstein, for now…though Reid said they’ll introduce the amendment to the bill (on assault weapons).

Bmore might be right – they all will go with amnesty, at least those who’ll run in 2016. These endless campagns are tiresome.

Scrumpy, nothing wrong with Russian…was just observing on the name. Indeed, on all the other.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

That’s incredible!! Nice choice!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I thought I was the only one outside of SC that knew who he was. He seems promising. Good background, family, tough prosecutor. So far, so good.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Because you’re thinking of my work? :) LOL!

I’ve got a lot of irons in the fire these days. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

That’s incredible!! Nice choice!!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Had to be careful wit Jack. :)

Sort of an ethereal quality, yeah? I’m just messing around, but I really kind of liked that one too.

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM

It’s not a hard place to find at all, unless you’re an idiot. You can be pro-latino and anti-illegal immigration.

xblade on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hey, I wanted to answer your question from the other day. I am not a SP hater. Not the biggest fan, but not a hater. My interactions with Bluegill have little to do with politics.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Are knights as cool as pirates? Cause pirates are cool.

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I’m speechless.

That’s a remarkable and beautiful image.

Thank you, my friend. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Thank you Bluefox!! God Bless and sweet dreams!

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM

As long as I’m a blonde, green eyed, minstrel.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I just spent 10 minutes reading over at the Huffington Post.

I feel unclean and must take a shower.

Saltysam on March 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Granted he isn’t a household name, but political junkies like the ones that roam these halls have probably seen him in action.

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

And of course SW is a rockstar.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Oh yes…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I hope tommy and JPeterman are doing ok.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:46 AM

My interactions with Bluegill have little to do with politics.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM

It’s a physical thing. Or, maybe a spiritual thing. Or, maybe it’s . . . I don’t know and I don’t want to know.

Jesus/Tebow 2016

*****

SparkPlug in the Glade

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

That’s a remarkable piece of choreography, and an equally remarkable bit of Hollywood magic. It makes for a lovely and moving sequence. :)

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I hope tommy and JPeterman are doing ok.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

He’s active on twitter, Peterman. He seems good. :)

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Here is what Allahpundit stated:

Here’s the signature page. Which is most important?
The temptation is to say Cornyn because he’s number two in the caucus.

Allahpundit wasn’t speaking about star appeal or popular appeal.

I wasn’t trying to defend what Allahpundit said, just what he did say and he gave his reasons for it. I don’t want to repost all of it, easier to just read it:-)

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ;-D

Not a redhead with green eyes?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this takes me back many a year…

The most handsome man my eyes ever beheld, a redhead with the greenest eyes I’d ever seen… looks of an angel on earth…the sweetest smile, a most pleasing manner, and he spoke with such a deep resonant timbre…

My heart melted…

I never saw him again…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Sounds good Axe – welcome back.

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Oh yes…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Sweet! Just checking.

KCB on March 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Rander-Pander for illegal alien voters who will go Democrat and look like one more chowderhead weasel.

Rand goes goofy like most Republicracks on Amnesty.

Are there any American politicians left who believe in the Law, the Constitution, securing the border, our culture and basic sanity?

Cruz, maybe?

profitsbeard on March 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Oh My!! Methinks you’d better hide that one!! Lmao…

That is too funny…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Schadenfreude on March 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

That’s beautiful… just watched the movie a few days ago…

Scrumpy on March 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

bluefox on March 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I read Allahpundit’s piece. I understood it.

thatsafactjack on March 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I feel unclean and must take a shower.

Saltysam on March 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Indeed. It’s not good to study too carefully the arts of the enemy, yet foolish to remain ignorant altogether.

Someone’s gotta do it. :)

Axe on March 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Scrumpy, mine is strawberry blond. But my voice isn’t very deep.

Rusty Allen on March 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM