Producers of “The Bible” miniseries: No way were we trying to make Satan look like Obama

posted at 4:01 pm on March 18, 2013 by Allahpundit

C’mon. I thought the consensus on the right was that Satan looks like Karl Rove.

The bad news? The producers have a media shinolastorm on their hands over what was almost certainly an innocent casting decision. The good news? We now have a new front-page thumbnail for when Obama pushes an especially terrible policy.

“The Bible” Executive Producers, Mark Burnett & Roma Downey said Monday:

“This is utter nonsense. The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics– including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President.

“The Bible” Executive Producer Roma Downey adds:

Both Mark and I have nothing but respect and love our President, who is a fellow Christian. False statements such as these are just designed as a foolish distraction to try and discredit the beauty of the story of The Bible.”

Important footnote: Not only has Burnett donated to the Democratic National Committee, he maxed out in donating to Obama himself in 2008. That’s a strange thing to do for a man who’s accused of thinking O is the Father of Lies. And no, there’s not much chance that Burnett has since changed his mind. You’ve seen the poll numbers among Democrats on keeping Gitmo open and using drones against American citizens. There’s virtually nothing The One can do as president, including adopting the Bushitler’s policies, that would alienate an O-bot who was devout enough to drop several thousand bucks on him a few years ago. If anything, be happy Burnett didn’t cast the Obama lookalike as Jesus. Although that would, at least, have been true to the spirit of O’s fans in Hollywood and the media circa five years ago.

Burnett himself has an … interesting theory for the resemblance:

Burnett — a deeply religious man — tells TMZ … he believes there is a devil on earth. Burnett says the devil has stirred the pot and created a false likeness between Obama and the TV devil.

Why, you ask, would the real devil care about a TV show? Fact is … the show is HUGELY popular and is having a big impact on viewers. Burnett notes the show last night featured a face-to-face meeting between Jesus and the devil … BUT it’s not the first time the TV devil has appeared on the show. The TV devil appeared in the Garden of Eden scene awhile back and no one said anything.

Burnett believes the real devil is scared that Jesus has now entered the picture and is trying to distract from Jesus’ message by creating a false story.

Satan’s trying to derail the message by … generating an amazingly valuable publicity stunt for the production? I.e. the lord of eternal death reimagined as the lord of eternal debt? I’ve watched five minutes of the series so far but next week is now appointment viewing just so I can see Jesus square off with “Obama.” No surer way than that to get a conservative atheist to reconsider, my friends. (Then again, there’s not much to reconsider. Evidently, most atheists already believe in God.)

I’ll leave you with this from John McCormack, who gets to the heart of the matter in a very Jack Handy-ish way:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Like…how does a “vulnerable” 16 year old find their way onto a gay sex chat-line anyway

libfreeordie on November 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM

CW on March 18, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I’m just going to assume that whenever someone posts that, they have no response to my points.

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Points like:

And they even ignore the horrific sexual violence perpetrated against women and girls within Israel…

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

This is why people laugh at you. Well, not entirely, but this is part of why they laugh at you here.

rogerb on March 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

rogerb on March 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Masterful…

Seven Percent Solution on March 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

This is the kind of publicity producers dream about at night.

WisCon on March 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

WisCon on March 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Seriously. If Burnett cooked this up, it’s straight genius. Taps into Left-wing anti-Christian bigotry and racism paranoia, Christian millenialism, and the Right’s anti-Obama fervor all at once.

Robert_Paulson on March 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM

You only have one point and, pray tell, how does one exactly respond to the point on top of your head?

Resist We Much on March 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Seriously, it looks like a mix between Obama and Emperor Palpatine, you know that guy that took over a Republic and started ruling by Executive order and sending drones around looking for his enemies…

Oh.

Bulletchaser on March 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Awful… Barack Obama Bans West Bank Jews From Thursday Speech

“Discrimination is fine when my Obammy does it!” – liveenslavedthendie

Resist We Much on March 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

That guy looks nothing like Obama. For those upset by the casting decision, I guess it really is a case of…

drumroll, please…

“they all look the same to me!”

Mohonri on March 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

You’re an idiot.

[and a racist]

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Wait, wait… to know what the actor looked like some Leftist would actually have to have watched the program… why….

THAT’S A MIRACLE!

ajacksonian on March 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

If GWB was Hitler, why can’t Obama be Satan?

catmman on March 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Because he’s not smart enough…and he’s lazy.

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I’ll bet the liberals that will be outraged by this had no problem with the Bush assassination movie.

This Satan looks like a Sith Lord. Maybe he’ll be in Disney’s Star Wars on Ice or whatever it is they’re going to call the next Star Wars movie. Maybe he and O could play Sith Lord twins.

Ibanez Lotus on March 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I have always just assmued that “They all look alike” was written down in the fine print of the racist democrat party platform for the last 200 years.

Dollayo on March 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

It’s just a coincidence that Satan was portrayed to look like Obama.

Headline: President Meets with Major Jihadi Groups in Near East
Headline: President Shuns Knesset, Takes Message to Israeli People
Breaking News: Promises Israelis May Build New Temple on Holy Mount
Breaking News: [redacted]
Breaking News: [redacted]
Breaking News: [redacted]
Breaking News: US President Wakes! Fully Conscious, Clean and Articulate
Headline: President Contains Islamo-fascists with Rod of Iron
Headline: New Jewish Temple Consecrated with Rare Red Heffer
Breaking News: US President Visits New Temple, Sacrifices Pig, Jews Flee to Mountains

It’s just a coincidence.

flicker on March 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

The ObamaisNotSatan hashtag on Twitter is having a lot of fun.

Rational Thought on March 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Looks like an arse face. He could be a doppelganger for the Kenyan. Just needs a baboon sidekick and it will eerily similar to what we see on the msm every day.

acyl72 on March 18, 2013 at 8:37 PM

drumroll, please…

“they all look the same to me!”

Mohonri on March 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

You’re an idiot.

[and a racist]

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Mohonri is spot on. This just reveals the hypocrisy of the left. “they all look the same to me!”

davidk on March 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Hey, liveenslavedthendie, what’s a “womanist”? Dr Wil(da) Gafney calls herself a “womanist.” Is it the same as a “feminist”? No, cuz she calls herself a “feminist,” too.

Resist We Much on March 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Maybe she’s a “womanist” like liveasaslaveanddie is a “boyist”.

IYKWIMAITYD. ;)

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM

And while we’re on the topic of popular depictions of Christ. All American evangelicals should listen to this interview from Edward Blum

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Nothing there new to me.

What points would you like to make, concerning it?

listens2glenn on March 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM

…, when her posts illustrate a mastery of Biblical history …

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

No, liveasaslaveanddie, it shows what YOU believe to be a “mastery of Biblical history”…because that’s what YOU want to believe about Jews and Christians.

You’re an idiot.

[and not very bright]

[affirmative action ha' been bery, bery good to joo.]

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The arrogance is astounding.

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

And you’d know all about arrogance, liveasaslaveanddie.

Gad! You’re stupid.

And…you’re an idiot.

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Has anyone opined that this is exactly what Barky will look like when he’s older, gives me the creeps.

Bishop on March 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM

rogerb on March 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Masterful…

Seven Percent Solution on March 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

No, Well Played!

Del Dolemonte on March 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Sho’ resembles the man! Gladdens my heart.

Sherman1864 on March 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Have I previously called a post the dumbest ever?
I have to admit I was wrong then.

verbaluce on March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Nonsense … anytime Obama is “demonized” (couldn’t resist) by entertainment media, it must be investigated down to the little bittiest degree. Why, it’s impossible to spend too much time on such a serious matter, as this.
So we’re gonna stay on it all night, if that’s what it takes. We’ll have “shift changes”, and short breaks. Then, back to the matter.
Leave no stone unturned, nor any furniture unmoved … you have to see what’s under it … then go through the cushions. The clue we’re looking for just might be there.
Who knows … you might be richer by several coins, in the end.

listens2glenn on March 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM

THAT’S A MIRACLE!

ajacksonian on March 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

A+

Seems to me that the History Channel, and/or the series’ producers, would have thrown up a web page about this series at least 2 or 3 months ago, in order to publicize it. After all, it’s being run during March Sweeps Month. Such a page would no doubt have a Press Package included, which would include bios of all the actors and their pictures, as well as info on the producers, etc.

Had the Left actually bothered to have any “intellectual curiosity” about this series to begin with, they would have known long before the series started that the actor resembled Dear Leader. I would have to give them an Epic Fail in that regard.

Del Dolemonte on March 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Bishop on March 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM

It’s a lot better than he’ll look in the bowels of hell-fire.

listens2glenn on March 18, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Bishop on March 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM

He’ll look like the old Frank Marshall Davis.

slickwillie2001 on March 18, 2013 at 9:24 PM

You are accusing her of fabricating her degrees, and she managed to fool both a hiring committee and the tenure process? OK……

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

You did.

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM

You did.

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Heh.

Rational Thought on March 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM

First Black President Satan

portlandon on March 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I thought Lucifer/Satan was the most beautiful and most fabulous angel. Shouldn’t he/it be a “gay” man then?

Nutstuyu on March 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM

The country is discussing — no, debating! — whether or not Zero is Satan.

I find that hilarious. And wonderful. Hilariously wonderful.

Rational Thought on March 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Now just because Satan looks like Obama and is just as evil is no reason to put Satan on the hot seat. Satan has many redeeming qualities that Obama lacks. So cut him a break.

SparkPlug on March 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM

My husband and I have been watching this series and are very disappointed in it. Now I know why. Anyone who thinks Obama is a Christian is not quite right and it would explain the taint on the show.

Rose on March 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

The “taint” is, they thought if they focused on the sex and violence in the bible, it would make it “attractive”, especially to the younger set. Misses the message on most of the major stories. Just my opinion.

SailorMark on March 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Dude if someone actually did the Bible literally, it would be rated NC17 easily.

Nutstuyu on March 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

“Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.”

diogenes on March 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM

rogerb on March 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Roger, you’re a beast. Nice work.

CW on March 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM

But this series erases the texts in which Joshua and the Israelites slaughter babies, kill their mothers, fathers and brothers and take their sisters as war-brides as long as they haven’t had sex – prepubescent girl-children – on the orders of Moses and God. They ignore the texts in which God calls for the enslavement of non-Israelites and their children in perpetuity – the scriptural and theological basis for the Atlantic slave-trade and American slavocracy. They ignore the texts in which entire ethnic groups are exterminated by divine command. And they even ignore the horrific sexual violence perpetrated against women and girls within Israel: Lot’s offer of his daughters to be raped by a mob, Israelite fathers selling their daughters into sexual slavery with the permission of God and Moses, a Judge of Israel sacrificing his daughter like an animal and celebrated as a hero of faith in the New Testament, abduction, rape, forced pregnancy used repeatedly as tools of war. Bathsheba’s abduction and rape recast as consensual adultery.

Dr. Gafney goes IN. Burnett et al look like fools. Is there any wonder Glenn Beck is super excited about this series.

libfreeordie on March 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

That you believe anything this Dr. Gaffecity writes speaks volumes about your intelligence. There was no “abduction and rape” of Bathsheba. Chapter and verse, please, as the saying goes.

Nutstuyu on March 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Today I’m a little heartened that God is sovereign and in control, and He doesn’t want Obama usurping His throne.

Heh.

22044 on March 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

But ignorance is better than being actively deceived.

It’s billed as a documentary. I had hoped that someone with Roma Downey, Jr’s creds who promoted this as an evangelical tool (I reserve that term) would have something more in mind than the money, or the whitewashing of a story into an ineffectual mass of pseudo-christian blather compatible with the all-paths-lead-to-god deception.

I don’t know what effect this will ultimately have but I know there were many deliberate discrepancies built into it.

flicker on March 18, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I hear you. My view is that Downey sincerely thinks she is doing something good here but she doesn’t realize, as so many Evangelicals do not, that her perspective on the Bible has been compromised for some time now and what she thinks is Scriptural is actually so diluted with Western Humanistic influences that a 1st century Christian viewing it today would wonder what planet he was on.

40 years ago when my friends and I were first saved and used to do hard core street evangelism, we could see back then what was coming and it has arrived. Back then it was rare to encounter a young person, and especially a BLACK young person, who didn’t have a basic knowledge of who Jesus was and what He meant. Today, if they haven’t already been conditioned to an instantaneous rejection outright due to all the negative coverage of anything even remotely having to do with Jesus or God, they are about as familiar with Jesus as they are with Socrates.

So, on the one hand, you’re right, it might be better to hear nothing rather than a misrepresentation, but on the other hand, I’m surprised that it’s even getting the audience that it is.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s a hunger out there, still?

Cleombrotus on March 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

davidk on March 18, 2013 at 8:44 PM

One can but wonder, though, whether Satan, too, is “clean, articulate and doesn’t have a negro accent…unless he wants to.”

Solaratov on March 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Have I previously called a poster the dumbest ever?
I have to admit I was wrong then. trump them all.

verbaluce on March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

FIFY.

Nutstuyu on March 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Ok, who had “6:10 PM” in the “libfreeordie randomly brings up race again” pool?

Midas on March 18, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I did, and I bet eleventy-thousand bitcoins, which are now more valuable than Euros.

Nutstuyu on March 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Cleombrotus on March 18, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I think we’re starting to see a hunger that probably hasn’t been here for a long time. As young people increasingly don’t go to church (since their parents didn’t take them) and certainly won’t learn about God in schools, they’ll try to fill that void with other things. But as they don’t get good educations and often can’t find good jobs and successful vocations, they might discover that they have that God-shaped void that nothing else can fill.

22044 on March 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I think you all are nuts. 0 doesn’t look anything like Satan.

Bmore on March 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM

This actor looks more like Obama than the guy who plays him on SNL.

INC on March 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

22044 on March 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Yes. Amongst those whose minds haven’t been destroyed yet I think there is, but I can tell you this much, the old way of approaching them is just not going to work. Christianese and milky church stuff does more harm, I think, than even this awkward television series that gets a lot of things wrong.

They need REAL. And, unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot of REAL out there right now.

Cleombrotus on March 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Could it be —oh, I don’t know —SATAN?

claudius on March 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I think we’re starting to see a hunger that probably hasn’t been here for a long time… they might discover that they have that God-shaped void that nothing else can fill.

22044 on March 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I think there is a hunger that calls for a truthfulness, an untimate good, a God to help. But I haven’t been to a church that reveals the true God and who he is probably a decade. And even then they were very, very rare.

flicker on March 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

This is stupid. He doesn’t look like Obama. Watching it last night, I never thought of that for a moment.

People are reaching for something that isn’t there.

End. Of. Story.

Dave in San Diego on March 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM

flicker on March 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

That’s the problem, right there, flicker. Too many of us Christians are looking for Him in Church. We compartmentalize our faith and the high point of our Christian life is the Sunday morning service. It’s the fulcrum point by which we measure everything. “What church do you go to?” And so our perspective on Truth is truncated and distorted. In 33 years, since leaving the fellowship I got saved in, not once has another Christian ever asked me, “How are you doing with Christ?” Not once. They just don’t relate on that level. They simply no longer understand what Christian life is really all about anymore.

Cleombrotus on March 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Too many of us Christians are looking for Him in Church… not once has another Christian ever asked me, “How are you doing with Christ?” Not once. They just don’t relate on that level. They simply no longer understand what Christian life is really all about anymore.

Cleombrotus on March 18, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Actually, I used a small ‘c’ in church. It’s a weird term, based on a deliberately bad translation of congregation or assembly or called out ones. Yes, I understand what “church” means in various contexts, but fundamentally, “church” is not supposed to be a building or an institution or a service program or a series of programs but just family getting together for Christ’s purposes, as often as all or any of the local family happen to get together.

In those circumstances it’s hard to imagine anyone not asking, “How are you doing in Christ?” I’ve only been able to attend congregations like this once or twice. And each time I unfortunately had to move for one reason or another.

It’s sad to see that may Christians seem to feel they belong to a really nice club; and that pastors seem to be more interested in their house, their retirement and their kids’ college fund — which all require them to concentrate on congregational growth — rather than the actual familial relationship that is the true relationship all believers, good, bad or indifferent, have to one another.

But then, lots of Christians are alone all ove the world. Maybe it’s the falling away at the end times that Jesus mentioned.

flicker on March 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM

The Devil came to me in a dream once in the form of Ashley Judd.

I’m dead serious.

And to be clear, I didn’t say that I had a crazy dream that AJ was the devil. I said that the Devil came to me in a dream in the form of Ashley Judd. Nothing against Ashley, the Devil just wanted me to pay attention.

Buck Turgidson on March 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

It’s just a coincidence.flicker on March 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Good one. I’ve been wondering if this scenario would come to pass when I first heard Oboobi was going. We’ll find out soon enough. Maybe the tell would be when he rides an ass into town? You know, the cheap copycat stunts and reenactments as Satan is wont.

While he may not be the Antichrist, he certainly is a big antichrist along with his harem of sympatico heretics. still have to wonder about the convergence of events- Easter, Pope, more than half the world hating on Israel and the world able to watch it all in real time.

AH_C on March 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM

AH_C on March 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I think we’re head to head on this one. Don’t forget Brennan, Hagel and Kerry. Rhodes and Huma and Hillary.

You may know about this better than I do, but a book was published in 2011(?) that reportedly said the Pope would — gasp — resign in 2012 or 2013 to make room for the final Pope. Ahmadinejad says the 12th Imam is here now. Walid Shoebat says that the muslims know that Revelation refers to them and that their 12th Imam is the anti-christ.

I know there are many eschatological interpretations of the end times, but I sure do think it’s happening pretty directly and clearly right now.

When we see the abomination of desolation, we know our Savior is at hand. And live or die, I look forward to seeing Christ.

flicker on March 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Everyone asking why Satan character looks like Obama. When will MSM ask real Q: Why does Obama look like Satan? twitter.com/BuzzFeedBen/st…

— John McCormack (@McCormackJohn) March 18, 2013

Yeah, I’m just not seeing that strong a resemblance Allah.

Double dog dare ya to use it. ; )

Bmore on March 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM

You too bad, Bmore.

flicker on March 19, 2013 at 2:01 AM

When I first saw the show, the Satan character reminded me of the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. He did not remind me of Obama at all.

TigerPaw on March 19, 2013 at 4:36 AM

How creepy must it be to see the satan character in a Bible movie resembling an older, wearier you? If that’s not a wake-up call, I don’t know what is. (*shudder*)

I despise Obama’s politics and the vengeful tyranny he is slowly imposing on us all, but I do sincerely hope and pray that at some point the love of God overtakes him, heals him from the hurt and awfulness of his past, and sets him free from the darkness he seems so intent on pursuing.

Pour out Your Spirit, Lord, on a very lost, very wounded man. Snatch him from the grasp of the enemy of his soul, and mark him with Your mercy.

butterflies and puppies on March 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I am definitely getting this series on Blu Ray as soon as it is available sometime in April!

pilamaye on March 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I’m going all in for ancient Greek religion. Call it Greek mythology and you’re taking the lava express to hades.
What’s even more amazing is that people actually believe in the devil.
Remove the “d”… evil is very real.

“The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones.”
William Shakespeare

kregg on March 19, 2013 at 5:48 AM

flicker on March 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Yeah, there’s plenty of blame to go around, I guess, but the bottom line is that most of us have never really left “the world” and its effects have produced this hybrid we now call “the church” which has no real power to change things anymore.

“Broken cisterns that can hold no water”, you know.

Cleombrotus on March 19, 2013 at 6:42 AM

The producers have a media shinolastorm on their hands

Ya know, taken together these quotes would indicate the media is being used by the Devil. OK. That is not really all that hard to believe, is it?

MikeA on March 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Leaving the ‘resemblance to Satan’ narrative aside, this snippet from Mark Burnett & Roma Downey…

…our President, who is a fellow Christian…

…is a bit hard to swallow, espcially after hearing the President’s freudian slip when interviewing with George Stephanopoulos (“…my Muslim faith…”).

zoyclem on March 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Maybe those Zero worshipers on the left can’t see the resemblance and the similarity was only visible to true believers. Speaking of which, why would Burnett claim that Obummer is a Christian. What can he point to to make that statement?

Kissmygrits on March 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM

#ObamaIsNotSatan had a great run as #1 Trending on Twitter yesterday. The mockery was exploding lib heads all over the place.

petefrt on March 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

You’ve GOTTA be kidding. I swear, it’s getting harder and harder to tell The Onion from reality now.

ddrintn on March 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No one I know thinks Karl Rove looks like the devil. They think he looks like a fool.

NoNails on March 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Have I previously called a post the dumbest ever?
I have to admit I was wrong then.

verbaluce on March 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Who knows … you might be richer by several coins, in the end.

listens2glenn on March 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sure…spend all the time you want on it.
GOP only just now figures out that maybe they’re not so good at connecting with folks. That their message might be weak and that folks think of them too often as mean spirited and silly. They offer that change is needed if 2016 wins are possible for them.
So following this look inward, I guess a good reaction would be to say, ‘Hey! Doesn’t that guy playing the devil on TV look like Obama!”

Oh well.
Maybe safer to target 2020 wins…

verbaluce on March 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Actually, the TV ‘Satan’ looks a lot like Frank Marshall Davis… who just happens to look a lot like Obambi for some reason.

RedbonePro on March 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM

If anything, be happy Burnett didn’t cast the Obama lookalike as Jesus.

I almost thought he did when I saw one of the promos where one of the disciples is asking Jesus, “What do we do now?” And “Jesus” replies, “Change the world.”

I am like, What???! I don’t remember Jesus ever saying that in the Bible. It makes Jesus sound like he came here with a social justice agenda. It sounds a little too much like Mr. Hope and Changey.

Sterling Holobyte on March 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Satan: “I’m not as ugly as Obama.”

Ward Cleaver on March 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I LOLed at the huffpo thread on this. Nine out ten posts are:

A) The Bible is fiction, what’s it doing on the History Channel? Never mind the History Channel has Sasquatch, and that half the country believes in that.

B) The show is racist because Jesus looks Scandinavian, and that he should be dark and swarthy just like the Barack character. But then they ignore the black Sampson.

Red Creek on March 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yes, this whole kerfuffle is so much like the Onion:

Headline: Evil President’s Supporters Angered that He Looks Like Satan

Headline: Producers Who Cast Presidential Look-alike as Satan Proclaim Love for Same

Headline: Producers Who Misrepresent Bible Say President Who Misreppresents Bible is Their Kind of Christian

Headline: President Portrayed as Satan Meets with Muslims to Get Story Straight Before Lecturing Israelis on Apartheid State, Worthiness of Muslim Causes, and Hygeine Benefits of Gential Mutilation.

flicker on March 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Sooo …

Was this a show about the Bible, or was it “The Portrait of Dorian Obama“?

M240H on March 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

..OBLIGATORY: and he lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D. C.

The War Planner on March 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Why do you let so many threads die after you present your data and/or open ended argument?

rogerb on June 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Which threads are those?

libfreeordie on June 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

rogerb on March 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

listens2glenn on March 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM

verbaluce on March 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM

NOTHING … wrong with the message (unless they have a different message than I’m aware of).

EVERYTHING … is wrong with the delivery. It’s somewhere between poor, and non-existent. That’s the “connection” problem.

“Government programs are NOT the solution to the problem.
Government programs ARE the problem.”

That should be the “loud ‘n’ clear” message. That message WILL “connect” if someone delivers it.

listens2glenn on March 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

And Kind Herod looks like Gov. Christie…so what.

right2bright on March 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Obama is not Satan. Satan is not a Muslim.

Obama is not Satan. Satan knows he’s not God.

Obama is not Satan. Satan wouldn’t vacation in Hawaii or Martha’s Vineyard because it’s too chilly there.

petefrt on March 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

“Government programs are NOT the solution to the problem.
Government programs ARE the problem.”

listens2glenn on March 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Nah…that’s not the message. That’s just the dress they put on the message.
American public is overall pretty smart…and they don’t get duped easily.
The GOP’s passion is for tax cuts – plain and simple. And most folks realize that passion has little to do with a genuine concern for how such cuts might theoretically help them. The GOP’s message is ‘do what we say and we promise you’ll see a trickle. A small trickle. we promise.’. It matters not that there’s no proof this will be the case – in fact it’s proven to not be the case. But even at their most hopeful, all they offer is that trickle.
Their message is not that government should be small or smaller…it’s that government is bad. There’s not even any real passion in the GOP over social issues. That’s just always been an opp to secure a certain base. The #1 issue is taxes.
Nothing else even comes close. So for all the mocking from their quarters over special interest groups, ironically that’s what the modern GOP is.
But hey…that guy playing the devil looks like Obama…right?
(Squirrel!)

verbaluce on March 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

If I had a son he would look like Travon Satan in a hoodie.
/O

agmartin on March 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

But hey…that guy playing the devil looks like Obama…right?

verbaluce on March 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

No, Obama looks like/is Satan. Think.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

When will MSM ask real Q: Why does Obama look act like Satan?

FIFY.

Steve Z on March 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Today’s young people drink Kool-Aid instead of hemlock.

Maybe the producers of the miniseries need to put Satan in a Darth Vader outfit and give Jesus a light-saber, in order to connect to today’s youth.

Steve Z on March 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

No, Obama looks like/is Satan. Think.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Well I always heard the Pillsbury Doughboy was how Lucifer chose to appear to us.

(Oh, Schadenfreude…not even you are embarrassed?
If only your gifts had any value or purpose for posts like this.)

verbaluce on March 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Careful… Satan has standards.

WestTexasBirdDog on March 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM

LMFAO.

It really does look like him.
What a funny omen.

Badger40 on March 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I wonder if I would have observed that if I’d watched the episode and seen the Satan character for the first time.

This does seem like a portent.

22044 on March 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hell, I’ve been calling the resemblance to the similarities for the last five years!!! Only now, somebody has put a face to it.

ultracon on March 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

ultracon on March 19, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I’d just like to see a behind the scenes thing on how they confirmed Obama does indeed look like Satan.

JellyToast on March 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It’s Obama in a hoodie. So, what’s the big deal?

claudius on March 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I can still smell the sulfur in the air.

papertiger on March 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Also begs the question, does oba-mao look like Satan, or does Satan look like oba-mao? Fox News needs to ask that idiot Alan Colmes………

ultracon on March 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

…ouch.

MelonCollie on March 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

That’s Obama on Moochelle’s diet…

Pest on March 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I think the Devil looks like Spock without the Vulcan ears.

polarglen on March 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

You actually get an enormous satisfaction from the idea that you have bested someone with a phd in U.S. history on..wait for it….Hot Air. The conservative blog.

libfreeordie on February 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

And the phd in U.S. history (again) can’t support his claims or argument and (again) flees the thread.

That much education and you can’t win (again) on..wait for it….Hot Air. The conservative blog. Great quote, btw. I like the disdain it shows. And you still lose arguments against the dummies here.

Run away, professor.